Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Here is the next update you guys. I know that it's been awhile and I was planning to update earlier but with the holidays and everything I just got too busy. I really hope you'll enjoy this chapter as I have enjoyed writing this one. This one is mainly about H/hr. I thought it was time to have one of those chapters. Please review and let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. JK Rowling owns Harry and Hermione and ABC owns the bachelor. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Author: heaven85

Chapter 29:

"You're so lucky Hermione," Christine told her.

"I guess that I just have good luck," Hermione told her with a smile.

"Have a great time," Allie told her and gave her a hug.

Hermione was pleasantly surprised and said, "Thanks Allie."

"Tell us all about it when you get back," Christine told her.

Hermione nodded and headed outside to where Harry was waiting.

"Hey," Harry said as he stood outside with an impish smile on his face.

"Hi," Hermione replied with a grin and a feeling of nervousness in the pit of her stomach.

"Are you ready to go?" Harry asked as he offered her his hand.

"Sure, so where are you taking me?" Hermione asked as that feeling of nervousness left her.

"The sooner we leave, the sooner we'll know," Harry replied.

"Are you trying to be mysterious?" Hermione inquired.

"I'm not trying at all, I really am this mysterious," Harry replied.

Hermione just laughed and walked into the limousine.

Harry grinned as he loved listening to her laugh.

"So actually I wanted to ask you something," Hermione started.

"You mean about Chloe?" Harry replied.

"I think I heard you calling her Alex? What's that about?" Hermione asked.

"I knew you were going to ask about that. Well that's her real name," Harry answered.

"And…" Hermione asked.

"Well as it turns out, Alex actually contacted this company to help her in doing something," Harry explained.

"What did she contact the company for?" Hermione asked.

"She contacted the company because she wanted their assistance in finding someone," Harry commented.

"Who did she want to find and why?" Hermione asked.

"The person that she wanted to find is Chloe and the reason for this at this time isn't exactly confirmed but from our investigations we figure that the two of them have issues to sort out," Harry added.

"And I get the feeling that this company has something to do with Carlineux?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, you're absolutely correct. What gave that away?" Harry teased her.

"Well, maybe the fact that Alex looked exactly like Chloe. Unless they were identical twins it wouldn't be very likely," Hermione replied.

"Well you're right, they aren't identical twins. They do good work," Harry commented.

"And well I was wondering if Alex knows about magic?" Hermione asked.

"No, as for as Alex knows, they are just muggles who are just really good at disguise work," Harry replied.

"But wait, then if that's Alex, then where's Chloe?" Hermione asked.

"Just relax, she's absolutely fine and safe where she is right now," Harry replied.

"So you guys found her?" Hermione asked.

"Yes we did and she doesn't remember a thing that has happened," Harry told her.

"You guys modified her memory?" Hermione asked.

"Actually we didn't need to do anything, she was already like that when we found her. I'm guessing that she must have found out something that she shouldn't have. We checked and she seems absolutely fine," Harry explained.

"Well as long as she's fine," Hermione replied.

"Now, let's just forget about all that tonight and have some fun," Harry said.

"You're right, we really should. I don't want to think about this anymore, so now can you let me know where we're going?" Hermione asked looking around.

"Well I would but I really want this do be a surprise. It wasn't the easiest thing to plan," Harry answered.

"Really, you're actually taking the time to think about the place?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to take you somewhere that you wouldn't like to go and let me tell you that it took me awhile to come up with a few possible locations," Harry added.

"And what did you end up picking?" Hermione asked curiosity.

"Why don't you take a look out your window?" Harry asked.

Hermione took one look at Harry and then turned her head to look out the window.

Harry watched her face slowly light up and the smile on her face grow.

"Do you approve?" Harry asked.

"It's beautiful Harry. I have always wanted to go on the water," Hermione replied with a smile.

"Wait until you see the yacht," Harry told her.

"What do you have in store for me?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrows.

"You'll find out soon enough," Harry replied.

Hermione smiled and followed Harry out of the limousine where he took a handkerchief out of his pocket.

"You're going to blindfold me?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, it'll keep the suspense up," Harry told her as he wrapped the handkerchief around her eyes and took her hand and led her very carefully out to where the dock was.

"The air here smells fantastic," Hermione commented.

"It really does. Okay so now you can take your blind fold off," Harry instructed.

Hermione nodded and reached for her blindfold and took it off and opening her eyes to the beautiful yacht that lay in front of her. The yacht was sleek and shiny and there was a painted stripe at the bow of the ship and in the ship there were a few windows and a table covered in a fancy table cloth and a place setting suitable for two. There were also a couple of candles and flowers and placed them on the table.

"It looks beautiful," Hermione told him with a smile.

"Shall we?" Harry asked.

"We shall," Hermione replied taking his hand and carefully entering the yacht and began looking around.

"So what do you think?" Harry said handing her a glass.

"I think that you picked a good location. What do you have planned for tonight?" Hermione asked.

"A relaxing and fun evening that I'm pretty sure that you'll enjoy," Harry answered.

"That does sound good," Hermione replied.

"So first we will have dinner," Harry replied leading her to the table and pulling the chair out for her.

"Thank you. The table looks great," Hermione said sitting down noticing there laid a basket of bread and the lovely arrangement of flowers.

"So is there anything in particular that you wanted tonight?" Harry asked.

"I'm sure that you whatever you picked will be fine," Hermione replied.

"Well then, I'll bring out the appetizers," Harry added snapping his fingers.

"I can't wait," Hermione commented.

In less than a minute, two plates and glasses were placed in front of them by a waiter.

"My name is Shane and I will be your waiter for the evening. If you would like anything feel free to ask right away. Here are your Hors d'oeuvres and would you like a glass of sherry? Shane asked.

"Sure I'd love one," Hermione replied holding up her glass and it was quickly filled.

"How about you sir?" Shane asked Harry.

"I'd love one as well," Harry replied with a nod.

Shane then left quickly.

Hermione took a quick bite of her canapé and took a sip of her sherry.

"So what do you think?" Harry asked.

"It's a little bit spicy but it's just the way that I like it. Why don't you try it?" Hermione replied.

Harry took a quick bite of his canapé and began coughing and grabbed for a glass of water.

Hermione just burst out into giggles.

"Stop laughing," Harry protested.

"So I can't help it. Remember the time we went to Madrid? Hermione asked.

"Yeah I do, it was one of the few times that I didn't have to work as much," Harry responded.

"Yeah it was one of the few times when we could actually got to go to the same place," Hermione added.

"I was actually quite surprised to see you there," Harry commented.

"As was I but my favorite part of the trip was when we had dinner at the Las Bravas," Hermione replied.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Harry replied.

"Maybe I should refresh your memory then," Hermione replied with a smile.

"You really don't have to," Harry added.

"I really insist and really it's no trouble at all. You see my friend told me that if I was ever in Madrid that I had to go to this place and try their specialty which was the patatas bravas which is fried potatoes with a spicy paprika sauce and you took one bite of the potato and you just went red and…" Hermione said.

"Okay, okay, you don't need to go into details," Harry spoke up quickly.

"So I take it that you do remember," Hermione commented.

"A little and didn't you promise not to bring it up again?" Harry asked.

"I promised that I would never bring it up in front of other people and it's just the two of us," Hermione replied sweetly.

Harry glared back at her and said, "I'll let that slide this time but honestly it really wasn't all that funny, I could have choked on something."

"You did not choke on anything, the pieces were not all that big and you were the one that was bragging about being able to eat anything and stuffed your face with it," Hermione reminded him.

"Okay maybe you have a point there," Harry muttered.

"Okay then, what's next?" Hermione asked finishing up her plate and handing it to Shane.

"We'll be bringing the main course which is the Duck a L'Orange," Shane replied.

"That is one of my favorites," Hermione commented with a smile.

"I know," Harry replied with a smile.

Shane placed down the plate in front of both of them and went back inside.

Hermione took a bite and smiled, "This is really good. It tastes moist and the sauce is really good. "

Harry took a bite and said, "It does taste good."

"So where is this food from?" Hermione asked.

"Well have you heard Le Rêve?" Harry asked.

"I think I read something about that place and how you have to book at least three months in advance to get a table. Are you telling me that we're eating the food from over there?" Hermione asked.

Harry nodded with a smile.

"But how did you manage that?" Hermione asked.

"Well first of all I actually have a reservation for tonight and I was planning on surprising you and taking you there but then this came up so all I had to do was to call in a favor so that we could still keep the reservation," Harry explained.

"Really? That's really sweet of you. But what's the reason?" Hermione asked.

"Do I need a special reason to take you out for dinner?" Harry asked.

"No you don't need one but you usually do have one," Hermione added.

"Well I usually do but this time I just wanted to take you out for dinner because we've both been so busy and haven't spend as much time and then I while traveling I heard about this restaurant and thought that would be something that you would want to try," Harry explained.

"Well it was a great idea but I have one question, how are we getting the food from the restaurant? Are we anywhere near the restaurant?" Hermione asked curiously.

"We aren't but being a wizard does have certain advantages," Harry answered.

"It certainly can but what exactly did you do?" Hermione inquired.

"Well, I managed to set up a portkey near the restaurant so that we can have access to the restaurant," Harry added.

"Okay I'm following you but isn't that a bit risky. Muggles could see you," Hermione pointed.

"Yes I do know that but I have managed to call in a favor from a fellow auror over in San Antonio and he's been helping us get the food here," Harry added.


"That sounds like a pretty solid plan but what did you tell Shane the food was coming from?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Well we just told him that the chef didn't want to be disturbed and that the food would be brought to him when they are ready to be served but just to be safe I have also placed a protection charm around the area so he won't go anywhere near there," Harry replied.

"Okay but what about…" Hermione started.

"And just so you know I did get special permission to set up this portkey just for tonight," Harry answered.

"Okay, I'm impressed. How did you know I was going to ask that?" Hermione asked.

"Because I know you and how you are a stickler for rules and it was obviously wouldn't be following protocol," Harry added.

"Hey, I have to say that I have loosened up a lot over the years being friends with you and Ron," Hermione protested.

"Well you have definitely changed from the first time that we met you at Hogwarts," Harry responded with a smile.

"You have not changed that much though overall," Hermione replied after a few moments.

"I don't know if I should be offended or not by that comment but thank you," Hermione replied with a laugh.

"There you go again with that attitude of yours but just so you know I think that it's great that you're both the same but different," Hermione replied.

"How am I the same but different?" Harry asked.

"Well, first of all you still have that you have that hero complex and rushing ahead and doing things without thinking," Hermione answered.

"That's not necessarily true, I never do things without at least a hunch now and sometimes in my line of work I can't plan ahead before doing everything," Harry replied amused.

"Well I wasn't done yet. But you have matured a lot over the years and you have learned to be a bit more careful and you've become an incredibly talented wizard," Hermione finished.

"Well I think that you turned out pretty well too. You have a good sense of adventure now but still a little bit of a stickler for rules," Harry added with a slight flush

"Only a tiny bit of adventure?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrows.

"Okay so you do have a big sense of adventure. If you wanted to you would have made a great auror but you chose not to. You also have ignored rules if necessary to help others or in the sense of justice," Harry continued.

"Well sometimes there are more important things than rules," Hermione replied.

"You really surprised us sometimes. I remember when we first met you and how you were so worried about getting expelled and following all the rules" Harry replied fondly.

"And you two were always wandering off and ignoring the rules but that's not always a bad thing," Hermione commented.

"And following the rules can have it rewards," Harry commented.

"And because of you guys I didn't spend all my time in the books and managed to have a lot of fun," Hermione added.

"Those were some great times weren't they?" Harry added.

"There were some really good times that I will never forget," Hermione added.

Harry and Hermione finished off their main dishes in comfortable silence.

"So are you ready for dessert?" Harry asked.

"I'm full but I don't mind eating dessert," Hermione replied with a smile.

Harry signaled for Shane to bring the dessert out.

Shane placed two plates in front of them.

"What is this?" Hermione asked.

"It is white chocolate bread pudding," Shane answered and quickly left.

"I have never had this dessert before," Hermione stated taking a small spoonful.

"Then you'd better try it," Harry added taking a spoonful as well.

"Hm…. this is heavenly, it's nice and warm and very rich," Hermione commented.

"It tastes sweet and warm and this would definitely be one of my favorite desserts," Harry added.

"I feel really full," Hermione said putting down her spoon and sat back down in her chair.

"How was everything?" Shane asked taking her plate.

"Everything was really delicious," Hermione told her with a smile.

"How about you?" Shane asked turning to Harry.

"Excellent. The food was delicious and served warm and fresh," Harry answered.

"So what else do you have planned?" Hermione asked.

"The night is just beginning. Would you like to dance?" Harry asked offering his hand.

Hermione took it with a smile and got up and noticed a couple of violinists starting to play a soft melody and Harry led her in a waltz.

"You're becoming quite the talented dancer," Hermione replied.

"I've had quite a few years experience now and I am glad that I learned this while I was younger," Harry answered.

"I remember when you first learned the waltz during our 4th year for the Yule ball?" Hermione asked.

"The Yule ball? I so nervous and worried that I would make a fool of myself in front of all those people," Harry replied.

"Although you weren't the best or the most elegant dancer you pulled off looking like a natural," Hermione told him.

"And the yule ball was the first time I ever saw you really dressed up. You were the most beautiful girl there," Harry told her softly.

"Harry, thank you but I know that it's not true," Hermione answered blushing slightly.

"No you really were. Fleur is beautiful but she is also part Veela so of course she is beautiful. But you Hermione really took my breath away that night," Harry explained.

"Well I did spend a lot of time getting ready for the ball," Hermione commented.

"And it did pay off. You were the belle of the ball both inside and out," Harry added.

"Thank you. It means a lot to hear you say that," Hermione told him softly.

"And over the years you've grown even more beautiful," Harry complimented.

"Thank you and you're not bad yourself," Hermione told him.

Harry smiled and pulled her closer and signaled for a change in music and led her into the quickstep. He began to step forward with is left foot while Hermione stepped back with the right foot. He then took a step forward with the right foot and then touched the left foot next to the right foot. Hermione followed by taking a step back with the left food and touching the right foot next to the left foot. Then they both took a side step and brought their foot back. He then led her into the Natural turn and then executed a quarter turn, Progressive Chasse and Lock combo.

"Where did you learn to do this?" Hermione asked surprised.

"It was one of the many skills that I have acquired during some of my training sessions," Harry explained.

"Well you certainly are full of surprises," Hermione commented.

"And I still have some up my sleeve, would you like to follow me?" Harry asked.

Hermione nodded and followed Harry as he walked on over and stopped in front of a room with a special wooden design on it.

"So what's behind this door?" Hermione asked.

"Why don't you open it and see?" Harry asked.

Hermione turned towards Harry and gave him a quizzical look and reached for the door and pushed it open. And when she opened to door she saw a beautiful scene in front of her. She saw an old styled building with a dome shaped roof with tons of light that reflected along the river. It was a beautiful sight.

"Harry is this where I think it is?" Hermione asked in deep awe of her surroundings.

"If you're talking about Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic then you're right. I remember you telling me about how you would like to go and see some of the sights but you've never had the time to do so" Harry told her with a smile.

"It's nice to know you were listening. The view from the Vltava River is amazing. That is the illuminated Prague castle is amazingly beautiful. It's the number place that I wanted to see in Prague." Hermione told him.

"I know but the pictures don't remarkably do the place justice. Do you want to take a closer look?" Harry asked.

"Of course I would," Hermione asked.

"Then go on ahead, I have made arrangement," Harry told her with a smile.

"Harry, this is incredible and beautiful. But are you sure that this is okay?" Hermione asked.

"Don't worry Hermione. I've taken care of everything. All I want you to do is relax and enjoy the scenery," Harry told her as he offered his hand.

Hermione took it with a smile and together they walked out the door to where a boat was waiting.

"You really have thought of everything," Hermione commented as she noticed the rose and a bucket with champagne in the boat.

"Well I try," Harry replied helping her carefully into the boat.

They sat in the boat and in comfortable silence and admired the beautiful sights in front of them. Harry turned towards Hermione as he heard her sneeze.

"Are you cold?" Harry asked as noticed Hermione shivering slightly.

"A little bit. I forget to bring my jacket," Hermione replied slightly embarrassed.

Harry took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders.

"Thank you but what about you?" Hermione asked.

"Don't worry about me. I'm not cold at all," Harry replied flexing his biceps.

"Okay, then if you're sure," Hermione replied with a laugh.

"So what is that building there?" Harry asked changing the subject.

"Oh that is the National Theatre," Hermione started to explain.

Harry handed her a glass of champagne and looked at the beautiful scenery in front of them and took a glance back towards Hermione and smiled as he took in her hair waving in the wind and watching her smile as she took in everything and how her eyes light up when she is talking about things that interested her.

"What is it? Do I have something on my face?" Hermione asked as he noticed him staring.

"I just love how animated you get when you're talking about something that really interests you," Harry answered.

Hermione suddenly crushed Harry into a big hug. Harry was surprised but pulled her closer.

"Thank you Harry for taking me here and showing me this, it's an experience that I never want to forget and I'm so happy to be sharing it with you. You don't know how much this means to me," Hermione whispered.

"I think I do," Harry replied back.

Hermione looked around and asked, "Can we stop the boat and stay here for a little while? This view is breathtakingly beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," Harry added softly.

Suddenly the boat stopped and caused Hermione to fall on top of Harry. When she moved their foreheads touched and their eyes met and in that moment Harry didn't think and just reacted and leaned in and he kissed her softly and sweetly. Hermione was surprised as first but with just a moment's hesitation and kissed him back. Harry kissed her back and pulled her closer to him. Hermione moved her arms tighter around Harry and returned his kisses equally in passion. They continued like until the need for air caused them to break apart. They both looked up and just stared at each other and Harry leaned in once again but this time they were interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone.

"Hello," Harry said into the phone.

"It's time to head back," a familiar voice said into the phone.

"Mike. Is it that time already?" Harry asked surprised.

"Really, I'm guessing you didn't notice the time," Mike answered with a laugh.

"No, I really didn't. Is there anyway we can stay longer?" Harry replied sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, I would love to help you but we can't pull anymore strings tonight," Mike told him apologetically.

"Thanks for the call," Harry replied with a sigh.

"No problem. I'll talk to you later," Mike said.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"It's time that we headed back. I wish we could stay longer but…" Harry told her apologetically.

"It's okay Harry. Tonight was enough plus we can always come back right?" Hermione asked.

"That is very true," Harry replied with a grin as he reached for an object that appeared to him and a door appeared in front of them once again. They opened to door to see the familiar surroundings of their yacht.

They walked back out of the room and noticed that they had now reached the shore where the limo was waiting for them once again.

They both looked back out at the yacht with bright smiles before they headed back into the limo which took Hermione back to the mansion. During the trip back to the mansion they both sat comfortably both in their own worlds stealing glances at one another.

Harry got out and walked her to the mansion and said, "So I hope the date turned out well."

"It was incredible, more than I possibly imagined. It was perfect," Hermione replied and quickly kissed him before heading back inside.

"It really was perfect," Harry murmured to himself with a smile.

-->