Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: I'm sorry for taking so long to update and I hope that you enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much to all your reviews and patience. I really do appreciate it. I hope that this was another enlightening chapter for you all. Please if you have any comments feel free to let me know what you guys think. I think it will help make the story much better.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. JK Rowling does. I don't own or affiliated with ABC or the bachelor. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Chapter 21

Harry was heading towards the mansion to meet up with Lisa for their individual date as his mind wondered back towards his breakfast with Hermione. He enjoyed the time he spent with Hermione immensely, especially when they were away from the cameras and could be completely carefree without any worries. It felt like old times again.

Harry was brought back out of his reverie as the driver said, "Mr. Potter we're here."

"Thanks," Harry answered with a smile and stepped out of the limo and knocked on the door.

The door opened and was greeted by a smiling Chloe.

"Hi Harry," Chloe replied with a smile.

"How are you doing?" Harry asked.

"I'm doing great," Chloe answered with a smile.

"So is Lisa ready?" Harry asked.

"She'll be down in just a few minutes," Chloe answered.

"Thanks Chloe. Do you have any plans for today?" Harry inquired.

"Nothing much since we don't have any plans with you," Chloe answered.

"I'm sure that you must have plans since you seem to be all dressed up," Harry commented.

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not because I don't think that I'm all dressed up now," Chloe replied teasingly.

"Of course I don't mean it like that. You look good. I mean you always look good," Harry mumbled.

"I don't know you all that well but from what I know, I'm sure that you meant it as a compliment," Chloe answered with a laugh.

"I'm glad that you seem to understand," Harry replied with a grin.

"Well, some of us are going to do some shopping," Chloe answered.

"Sounds fun. Who else are going with?" Harry replied with a grimace.

"A typical guy response and all of us basically," Chloe answered.

"What are you guys chatting about?" Lisa asked as she came down the stairs.

"Nothing important. Are you ready to go?" Harry asked with a smile.

"Sure, am I dressed right?" Lisa asked gesturing towards her khaki shorts and long sleeved shirt.

"You look great," Harry added with a smile.

"Thanks. So what exactly are we doing?" Lisa asked.

"You will see soon enough. You chariot awaits you," Harry told her.

Lisa laughed as she headed out the door. Harry gave Chloe a quick smile before following Lisa out the door.

"So far, all I know is that we are doing something outdoors. Any more hints?" Lisa asked.

"You will find out in a couple of minutes," Harry responded.

"I'm actually a little nervous about what the date is about," Lisa added.

"You don't need to be nervous at all. You'll have no problems during this date at all," Harry told her.

"Now you've definitely got my curiosity," Lisa commented lifting her eyebrows.

"We're here now," Harry told her as he looked out the window.

"Where exactly is here?" Lisa inquired as she got out of the limo.

"Take a look outside," Harry answered.

Lisa looked outside and saw an open path with grass and trees and said, "Okay, I know that we are in the woods and there are paths and trees all around. That means that we are probably either hiking or cycling right?"

"You're right. We're going biking. You do know how to do that right?" Harry asked.

"Well I do know how to ride a bike," Lisa replied with a laugh.

"I assumed that," Harry responded amused.

"Though I haven't ridden in one for quite some time," Lisa responded.

"I'm sure that you will pick it up right away," Harry replied.

"Let's go and get our bikes," Lisa added walking forward.

"I'll show you the way," Harry answered and they walked towards a small bike area where a couple of bikes awaited them.

Lisa quickly got onto one of the bikes and said, "Are you ready to go?"

"Then let's head off," Harry said and started to lead the way.

Lisa followed admiring the green grass and the flowers.

"Are you going to keep up?" Harry asked far ahead.

"I was just admiring the scenery," Lisa commented.

"Want to race?" Harry asked raising his eyebrows.

"I never give up on a challenge," Lisa responded with a grin.

"Then let's go," Harry answered starting off.

"Wait a minute! You don't get to have a head start. That's cheating," Lisa exclaimed pedalling after him.

Harry slowed down and waited for Lisa to appear next to him.

"I thought that you knew how to ride a bike," Harry teased her.

"You were the one that was cheating," Lisa retorted.

"On the count of three we go and head towards that tree over there," Harry instructed.

"One, two… three," they said together and they were off.

Harry had the early lead but then pretty soon Lisa caught up and was riding right next to him.

Harry turned and gave her one of his killer grins and with that zoomed off ahead of her as if he suddenly had an extra gear.

Lisa stood there shocked for a few seconds before regaining her composure and sped off after him but was unable to catch up with him and when she reached the tree she was slightly out of breath.

"Looks like I win," Harry replied with a grin.

"Yes you won but I don't think it was completely fair and square," Lisa retorted.

"Why?" Harry inquired.

"Because you were obviously trying to catch me off guard when you turned to me during the race," Lisa commented.

"I was just trying to see how you were doing. You were catching up and I was quite impressed," Harry answered.

"You were?" Lisa asked.

"I was, in fact in order to win I had to go faster than I normally ride," Harry added.

"Thanks I think," Lisa answered slowly.

"It really was a compliment and yes I did mean to distract you," Harry whispered to you.

"I can't believe you," Lisa exclaimed.

"I couldn't help it and you wouldn't have won me even if I hadn't," Harry added.

Lisa was about to open her mouth to retort but then realized that he was right and responded in a grudging tone, "That may be true but you could have won more fair and squarely."

"But what would be fun in that?" Harry asked.

Lisa just glared at him.

"Now why don't you just look around and calm down?" Harry suggested.

Lisa sighed and took a look around and smiled. In front of her was a small water fountain in front of the beach.

"It looks beautiful out here," Lisa commented staring out at the ocean.

"It is isn't it?" Harry replied standing next to her.

"The sky is incredibly beautiful and the sea is calm and soothing," Lisa commented.

"It's a great place just to relax isn't it?" Harry asked.

"I feel much calmer already," Lisa told him.

"Why don't we sit down?" Harry asked.

Lisa nodded and they both sat down on the beach next to each other facing the ocean.

"So Harry what are you thinking right now?" Lisa inquired staring at him.

"I'm glad that I'm here with you," Harry answered.

"Sweet talk," Lisa responded with a blush.

"No, it's true. I feel comfortable sitting here with you and I want to know more about you," Harry answered.

"What do you want to know?" Lisa asked.

"What's your family like?" Harry asked.

"Well, I have one older brother and one younger brother. My older brother and I get along great but he's usually away from home most of the time but we talk on the phone all the time. I don't get along that great with my younger brother but we're okay. My parents are divorced when I was about 15. My dad recently got remarried and I get along with his new wife. My mom is doing okay. She hasn't found anybody yet but she seems to want to," Lisa answered.

"It must have been hard for you for your parents to separate when you were 15," Harry commented.

"It was but I had some good support system and great friends that got me through it. How about you?" Lisa asked.

"I had a rough childhood but like you I have amazingly good friends looking out for me so they went by alright," Harry added.

"What else would you like to know?" Lisa asked with a smile.

"Well if I can ask, what happened to your previous relationships?" Harry inquired

"Well you can and basically there isn't much to tell. I just got out of a long distance relationship and it was great and everything but over time we just got too busy and didn't spend enough time with each other. We changed and we weren't the same people we were when we first met and we just grew apart," Lisa answered with a slight smile.

"I can see how that could happen. I'm glad that it was as simple as that," Harry answered.

"I was sad when it was over but we both didn't want to waste any more time on a relationship that wasn't going to work," Lisa added.

"There's one other question I want to ask you. What do you think about the remaining women that you live with?" Harry asked.

"Well this was a question that I was thinking could come up so I have thought about it a bit. They have both bad and good qualities. A lot of how I feel about these girls is based on gut and the tiny amount of interaction that we have. Christine. I like her and she seems really sweet and means it but I don't know if she really is ready for a serious relationship. Chloe is nice too but I get the feeling that there is more to her than that and that she is someone to look out for. As for Allie, I don't know what to say about her. There are times where she freaks me out a little bit. Some of her comments can be quite strange and invasive and I just get this strange feeling about her. Now I think that Hermione is great. She seems to be really smart and friendly and I think would be a great friend. But she's a bit more private about her life than the rest of us and she doesn't seem as into the group activities as we are which is a little bit sad," Lisa replied.

"Thanks for giving me your thoughts," Harry answered standing up.

"Harry?" Lisa asked.

"Yes?" Harry answered.

"Do you think we could ride a bit more?" Lisa asked.

"Of course," Harry responded with a grin.

"I want a rematch so we start the race here," Lisa instructed.

"Fine then but I warn you that I'm quite fast," Harry answered.

"We'll see about that," Lisa replied with a sly grin and pulled down Harry's hat over his eyes and took off.

"What in the…" Harry said surprised and quickly lifting the hat off his head and saw that she was in the lead and took off riding really quickly.

Harry just smiled while shaking his head and rode quickly after her and met her at the other side of the park.

"I would have expected you to have been here sooner," Lisa answered looking at an imaginary watch.

"I would have been if someone hadn't pulled something over my head," Harry replied.

"I don't know why anybody would do that to you unless you were asking for it," Lisa answered with a sly grin.

"How exactly was I asking for it?" Harry asked.

"Not that it was me or anything but your hat and attitude was just yelling `pull me'," Lisa explained.

"Do you know what your actions are screaming at me to do right now?" Harry asked.

"No but I'm sure they aren't telling you anything," Lisa replied.

"They're telling me to chase you," Harry added.

"Only if you can catch me," Lisa added quickly getting back on the bike and pedalling off.

"You won't get away that easily," Harry answered as he pedalled quickly and tried to reach for her bike but she swerved and got away and pedalled away laughing softly. And they spent the rest of the afternoon riding their bikes while chasing one another.

Harry and Lisa walked back to the mansion together smiling.

"I had a great time. Thanks for taking me there," Lisa told her with a smile.

"I had a great time as well," Harry replied.

"It was quite nice to go outside and away from everything," Lisa added.

"Why don't I walk you inside?" Harry inquired.

Lisa nodded and blushed slightly.

When they reached the door, Harry turned towards her and leaned in to kiss her but then the door suddenly opened and Allie appeared in front of them.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that you were there," Allie said apologetically.

"That's alright. I was heading in anyways," Lisa answered giving Harry a quick peck on the cheek before heading inside.

"So how are you doing Harry?" Allie asked.

Harry stiffened slightly and replied, "I'm good and how are you doing?"

"I'm pretty good. I've got to go," Harry told her with a smile and headed out the door.

"Is there something wrong?" Allie asked.

"There's nothing wrong at all. I just had a really long day," Harry answered.

"Oh then you should definitely go back and rest," Allie replied.

"I'll see you later," Harry told her with a slight smile.

"See you," Allie told him with a forced smile and glared at Lisa's fading figure.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked looking at her.

"I'm fine," Allie replied in thought and headed upstairs.

Chloe shrugged and headed towards the kitchen and saw Lisa.

"Hey girl, how did it go?" Chloe inquired.

"It went great until someone opened the door," Lisa replied.

"That explains some things but she looked quite upset. Do you know if anything happened to Allie?" Chloe said thoughtfully.

"Did something happen?" Lisa asked.

"I was hoping that you could tell me," Chloe replied.

"I have no idea" Lisa answered.

"So where did you guys go?" Chloe asked raising her eyebrows.

"We actually went out into the trailers and rode bikes," Lisa replied with a smile.

"Hey, how did it go?" Hermione asked with a smile.

"It went really good. Better than I thought," Lisa said.

"I'm glad for you. Did anything interesting happen?" Hermione asked.

"We don't actually know but Allie was acting a little bit strange so we're guessing that something happened," Chloe piped in.

"That is quite interesting," Hermione commented with a smile.

"I think it is. Anyways, do you guys want to head out to grab something to eat?" Chloe suggested.

"That'll be great. I'm completely famished," Lisa added.

"Hermione are you in?" Chloe asked.

"Sure I'll be there. I'll go tell Christine and Allie," Hermione answered.

"Will you do that?" Chloe commented.

"Sure, I'm heading upstairs to put down some things," Hermione replied with a smile.

Hermione smiled to herself as she thought about Allie being flustered. It made her feel quite happy as she headed upstairs to place her bags in her room and then headed towards Christine room and knocked on the door.

"Christine, are you there?" Hermione asked.

"I'm here, what's up?" Christine said opening the door.

"We're going to head out to grab a bite to eat and wanted to know if you wanted to join us?" Hermione said.

"Sure, just give me a second to grab a sweater," Christine answered with a smile.

"I'll be back. I've got to visit Allie," Hermione told her.

"See you downstairs," Christine added.

Hermione nodded and headed towards Allie's room and was about to knock on the door and heard some sounds coming from inside and cast a quick sound magnification charm at the door to try and catch what was going on in side the room.

"You can't do that. She's your….." an unfamiliar low voice said.

"Don't even finish that sense. She isn't," Allie shot back.

"But," the other voice continued.

"I've got to go," Allie said and the door opened.

"Hermione what are you doing here?" Allie asked.

"I was just going to knock on your door and ask if you wanted to join us for dinner. We were just heading out for a bite," Hermione asked.

"That'll be fun," Allie replied.

"I'll see you downstairs then," Hermione said with a wave.

Hermione pondered what she heard coming for Allie's room and all these questions swarmed her.

`Who was the other voice that she heard from Allie's room and which girl was she talking about and the most important question of all was what was her plan exactly?' Hermione thought to herself.

Just then she was interrupted when her phone rang and she picked it up.

"Jane?" a familiar voice asked.

"Yes, who is this?" Hermione inquired.

"It's Joan from NYU and I really just need to talk to you," Joan answered.

"Do you remember something?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"Maybe but it's all fuzzy and I really need to talk to you," Joan added.

"Hermione?" Allie called out.

Hermione turned and said, "I'm here,"

"We're waiting for you outside and do you think you could get Lisa something to drink?" Allie called out to her.

"Jane?" Joan said.

"I'll be right out," Hermione called out to Allie.

Allie nodded and headed out the door.

"I'm sorry Joan. I was talking to someone. So when do you want to meet?" Hermione said apologetically.

"I've got a quick meeting and then I'll be free. 8pm at my place?" Joan answered.

"I'll be there. I might be a bit late but I'll be there," Hermione told her with anxiously.

"See you then," Joan added before hanging up.

Hermione closed her phone and looked at the time. It was 6:30pm already so she would need to eat in a hurry and quickly grabbed the remaining glass from the dishwasher and rinsed it and filled it up with some juice.

"I'm sorry guys. I had a quick call I had to take. Shall we get going?" Hermione said with a apologetic smile and handed her the cup.

"Thank you so much," Lisa told her gratefully and took a long sip before putting it down on the side table.

"It wasn't a lot of trouble," Hermione answered with a quick smile.

"Let's go," Lisa replied and opened the door.

They all headed outside and decided to try this new Italian place that was about a half hour away from the mansion.

They enjoyed a scrumptious meal of pasta and bread and they filled the night easily by chatting.

Just then Lisa stood up and held onto the table as if she was dizzy.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked concerned.

"I fine. I must have just gotten up too quickly. I need to head back. I forgot that there was still something that I need to do," Lisa answered.

"Are you sure?" Chloe inquired.

"Don't worry. I'll see you guys later back at the house," Lisa added.

"Bye," Chloe, Christine, Hermione and Allie chimed in together.

Lisa gave a quick wave and headed out the door.

Hermione finished up the last of plate and grabbed a drink from her glass before taking a quick look at her watch and stood up.

"Are you going anywhere?" Chloe asked.

"Actually I have a few errands to run and then I'll head back. See you guys later," Hermione replied getting up and leaving.

"Okay, we'll see you back at the house," Allie said with a wave.

Hermione headed outside and quickly took a look around and headed towards a empty hallway and apparated at a location close to Joan's house where she knew there were very few people and quickly checked around to see if there were any people nearby.

When she saw that they coast was clear, she walked out towards the house when she got this uneasy feeling that she could not shake off.

"I hope that she's okay," Hermione said to herself and quickly approached the door and knocked.

Joan opened the door a few minutes later and said, "Hi Jane."

"Hello Joan," Hermione said softly entering the place.

"Thanks for coming. I didn't know who else I could talk to," Joan explained.

"What's happened?" Hermione asked.

"I really don't know. I'm starting to get these weird memories or flashbacks of talking to someone that I don't remember and then getting knocked out and these flashes of light," Joan added.

"Do you recall what you were talking about?" Hermione asked.

"I remember hearing the words NYU and paper and someone asking me about what I know and then I blacked out," Joan recalled.

"When did you start getting these flashbacks?" Hermione asked.

"Just about a couple days ago after meeting with an old mentor," Joan answered after some thought.

"Did your old mentor seem different at all to you?" Hermione asked.

"Well I haven't seen her in quite some time but there was something that I thought I was off about her. She was quite persistent about my NYU articles," Joan replied.

"Do you think that maybe that wasn't exactly your mentor?" Hermione asked gently.

"No I don't think so. She looks like her and sounds like her. It doesn't seem very likely," Joan said.

"It is possible with the level of technology today," Hermione answered and began looking around.

"Are you okay?" Joan asked.

"I'm just getting this feeling that you are being watched," Hermione answered.

"I don't think so. Do you want something to drink?" Joan asked nervously.

"Tea would be nice," Hermione answered and continued to look around and when she finally sensed something and rushed over to Joan.

"What's going on?" Joan asked.

"Just duck and cover," Hermione whispered to her and waited for a figure to appear in front of them.

"What are they?" Joan asked shocked.

"I'll explain later just stay down," Hermione ordered.


Joan just nodded and hid.

Hermione took out her wand and approached then slowly.

"Who are you?" Hermione asked firmly.

"That depends on who you are," the man answered.

"Let go of me," Joan shouted.

"Joan," Hermione cried out.

"Let me go," Joan cried out.

"What do you want from her?" Hermione asked firmly.

"None of your business," a woman answered.

"Stubefy," Hermione shouted and hit the women in the leg and she lost her grip on Joan.

Joan was so shocked that she just fell to her knees.

"Are you okay?" Hermione said rushing over and helping her up and then she felt something hit her and sank to the ground and the last thing she saw was a dark cloaked figure.

By the time she got up she felt her body ache and she looked around and saw that she was in a room that she didn't recognize and that it was empty.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked herself and got up gingerly and walked around and found nothing and apparated back to the clearing near the mansion and opened the door.

Hermione walked into the house to everyone pacing about and asked, "What going on?"

"Have you seen Lisa?" Christine asked concerned.

"Not since last night. What's happening?" Hermione asked.

"We can't find her anywhere. We just a note from her saying she had to go home," Chloe added.

"Can I see the note?" Hermione asked.

Girls,

I'm sorry to leave so abruptly but something came up that needs my immediate attention back home so I need to go back. I hope to be back soon. It's nice knowing you guys. Tell Harry that I'm sorry.

Lisa.

"At first we thought she really went home but the producers never heard anything and we called her family just to double check and they don't anything so we're a little bit worried," Christine replied.

"I'm sure that nothing's the matter," Hermione said in an effort to comfort them.

"I really hope so," Allie said with conviction.

Hermione had a sinking feeling that something was really wrong and hoped that she was wrong for the sake of her friend and sat down to process everything that has happened and drifted off the sleep.

A/N: I hope to update soon cause I know you guys are all anxious to find out what's going to happen. The more reviews I get the faster I will post the next chapter. Thanks again.


-->