Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Thanks again to everyone who reviewed and I'm really glad that you guys are still enjoying the story. I hope you also enjoy this chapter. It was fun to write and I hope that the poetry I put in here didn't totally suck and if they do I apologize. I was hoping to add a part on Hermione's meeting in this chapter but it would become too long so it will be in the next chapter. Now I was hoping that you guys would help me out with something. I have some ideas for certain things that will happen in the plot regarding Allie of course but I wasn't sure which way to go so I need some of you guys to help me out and give me some feedback on how you want things to go. I will be posting these tiny parts of what I am planning to do on my LJ user name is usaaurorheaven and if you are interested in helping please let me know. My LJ is friends only so comment and you be added. Thanks a lot and please review and vote on who you would like out as usual.

Chapter 16

Hermione had steadily avoided the other women in the house most of the morning by casting a simple repelling charm around her room. She didn't want to answer any questions until she had a chance to keep her emotions in check because she knew that she couldn't be act like she was upset or hurt because otherwise the other women may get suspicious about her relationship with Harry and that would definitely not be a good thing for the two of them. She needed to stay in the mansion in order to help Harry pick the women of his dreams and keep him away from Allie. There something about Allie that seemed all wrong and she had to stay in the mansion to figure it all out. She could never let Harry choose someone that she thought was all wrong for him if she could help it. She had to keep her emotions in check and think about the first part of the evening because before the end of the date took place she really had been happy. She looked at her watch quickly and decided she needed to talk to someone about her current situation with Harry. She decided to talk to Ginny about this because she would be the only person that would understand or could understand.

She quickly apparated outside of Ginny's flat back home and knocked on the door in order to give her friend some privacy. She did not want to repeat what had happened the last time she had apparated into her flat without giving her any warning. She had apparently walked in while Ginny and Draco were in the middle of … well she saw way more than she ever wanted to see. Although it wasn't exactly the worse sight she could see. Draco was quite good looking and fit but it wasn't something she wanted to see again. She couldn't look him in the eye for weeks.

Suddenly the door opened and Ginny opened the door and exclaimed, "Hermione? What are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too," Hermione replied with a grin.

"Come on in," Ginny replied leading her inside.

"I just really needed to talk to someone," Hermione told her as she sat down.

"Tell me all about it and don't worry Draco is out with some friends for most of the day" Ginny said as she was boiling water for some tea.

"That's good to know," Hermione said with a flush to her cheeks.

"I can't believe you're still embarrassed about that. I have forgotten all about it unless you actually want to see my boyfriend like that," Ginny replied teasingly.

"Of course not," Hermione exclaimed.

"So you think he's not good looking is that it?" Ginny asked in mock anger.

"That is not what I mean at all…. Wait you're just teasing me aren't you?" Hermione asked looking at Ginny who was holding back her laughter.

"Of course I am. If I didn't know you were totally into Harry I would be worried," Ginny replied after she stopped laughing.

"I'm not into Harry," Hermione protested.

"Come off it Hermione, everyone who knows you can tell that you are totally into him, least of all me," Ginny exclaimed as she sat down.

"Is it that obvious?" Hermione asked.

"Only to your friends, so what did you want to talk about?" Ginny told her reassuringly.

Hermione explained the whole date and the dancing and the kiss and what happened afterwards.

"He kissed you?" Ginny exclaimed happily.

"Yes he did," Hermione responded with a smile.

"Finally, so how was it?" Ginny asked curiously.

"What do you mean by finally?" Hermione asked.

"Well it's obvious to me at least that you've had feelings for Harry for ages and I was always sure that he had feelings for you as well but never admitted it. It's definitely about time. So how was it?" Ginny asked.

"It was incredible, amazing and felt so right," Hermione replied with a smile as she thought back to that moment yesterday.

Ginny grinned as she got up to pour the water for the tea and replied, "I'm glad about that but what happened afterwards that you needed to talk to me about?"

"He said that he was sorry that he kissed me and something about not wanting to wreck out friendship but I think that maybe it was just a cover up so that my feelings won't be hurt," Hermione explained sadly.

"He is such a total prat! I can't believe he even said that but seriously do you really think that he doesn't have any feelings for you?" Ginny asked earnestly.

"I don't know. I mean I thought he may have felt something but I'm so confused. What do you think?" Hermione asked sounding frustrated.

"I think that honestly that you may have been thinking about things a little too much and that he really does have feelings for you and that he really is just too afraid to admit it because he doesn't want to lose you as a friend," Ginny responded slowly.

"You really think so?" Hermione asked.

"I really do and he would be a total idiot not to know what an incredible person that you are. But I'm pretty sure I am right because I have known you and Harry for quite a long time and I'm sure that he is not a total ignoramus and that he will come back to his senses and admit how he truly feels," Ginny added.

"Thanks for your vote of confidence," Hermione replied with a smile and gave Ginny a hug.

"No problem. Why don't you stay for a cup of tea?" Ginny asked.

"Well, I can stay for a little awhile or else they will notice that I am gone. The charm that I put outside my room should be wearing off soon," Hermione said looking at her watch.

"How long do you actually have?" Ginny asked.

"Well about 15 minutes but I did strengthen the charm with another charm which should give me a few extra minutes which I added for safety purposes since I am living with muggles right now," Hermione explained.

"Brilliant as usual," Ginny replied handing Hermione her tea with a tiny grin tugging on her lips.

"Of course I am," Hermione answered and received a napkin flown at her face and the two just burst out laughing.

By the time Hermione got back to the mansion she was in a much happier mood and was smiling again and she once again checked her e-mail to see if her friend had any more information on Allie. She was in luck because she just received a new message from one of her friends contacts whose name was Chuck.

Dear Ms. Granger,

Here is the information that you have requested regarding Ms. Allie Renshaw. I hope that you find something of use concerning your friend. She attended Rutheford High School during her last year and went to college at NYU where she excelled and earned her science and teaching degree very quickly.

Yours truly

Sergeant Charles Piper.

`This is very interesting. Where did she go to school before the senior year in high school and how did she finish her degree so quickly? I need to chat with the principal of her high school,' Hermione thought to herself as she checked on her laptop for the phone number of the school she was looking for. After a few minutes she found the number on quickly jotted it down and was about to call when she looked at her watch and realized that she needed to go and make an appearance downstairs before they will start looking for her.

She made her way downstairs after making sure that her notepad and computer were hidden away just in case anybody decided to do any snooping around.

"Hermione, we were just going to check up on you," Chloe replied with a smile.

"Ahh.. I knew that was going to happen. You want to know how the date went," Hermione answered with a knowing smile.

"Of course we do but only if you want to tell us," Christine replied.

"It's alright. I can tell you about it. We learned how to do the Argentine tango in a beautiful hall and we had two great teachers whose names were Alex and Johanna. They were both really talented and it didn't hurt that Alex was but definitely not as cute as Harry was," Hermione explained.

"That sounds fun," Lisa replied.

"Did you have a good time?" Callie asked.

"I had an incredible time. I love to dance and it was awesome to learn such a great dance that has been around for such a long time and open to interpretation and it was very romantic and sensual dance," Hermione replied with a grin and a dreamy look in her eyes as she thought back.

"You are so lucky Hermione. You sound like you had an incredible time and I'm happy for you," Christine added with a sigh.

"Thanks Christine," Hermione replied with a smile.

"So you had a really good time?" Allie asked suddenly appearing in front of her.

"I really did. What are you trying to get at?" Hermione asked surprised.

"Nothing, really, it's just that well I would have thought since you had a great time and all you would be more vocal about it in the morning but you haven't been around. It just doesn't make all that much sense to me," Allie replied in a soft serious tone.

"Well I wanted to keep those feelings for myself for awhile and I didn't want to be so vocal about it because it would seem like I was rubbing in your faces and I didn't want to do that," Hermione answered smoothly and a little bit disturbed by her questioning.

"That was really nice of you to do for us," Chloe answered with a smile as walked past Hermione to grab a bottle of water.

"I guess so then but if you don't mind me asking where were you most of the morning?" Allie asked after awhile.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked curiously.

"It's just that as I was heading upstairs I noticed that you weren't in your room and I was just curious as to where you were?" Allie asked sweetly with a look of concern on her face.

"I was just up in my room for a while and I took a walk for a bit but did you actually go inside my room?" Hermione asked.

"Actually now that I think of it I was going to but than I just didn't but your door was open and it looked like you weren't inside. Why are you asking?" Allie explained.

"Well I do value my privacy but that was not the reason why I was asking you it just happens that I was in my room most of the morning and I didn't see you so I was just curious," Hermione answered quickly.

"Okay then, where do you often take your walks?" Allie asked.

"Allie, stop bugging Hermione. I want to hear more about her date," Lisa piped in.

"What else did you want to know?" Hermione asked.

"How well did the two of you do with the tango?" Lisa asked.

"We learned quite a lot and Alex and Johanna did say that we were doing quite well with it," Hermione replied.

"You will definitely have to teach me how to tango later on cause I've always want to learn how to do that," Callie added.

"I could definitely try but I don't know if I would be able to teach you very much," Hermione answered honestly.

"I'm positive you will be able to teach me something. Even just the basics would be really great" Callie answered with a smile.

"I could probably show you some steps sometime if you would like," Hermione said after she thought about it for a couple of minutes.

"That would be really great of you," Callie said with a smile.

"I could help you out as well," Chloe piped in.

"You know how to tango?" Hermione asked.

"I do a bit, I learned awhile ago but I am a little rusty," Chloe commented.

"Any help you could offer would be great," Callie responded with a smile.

"So you guys excited about your group date?" Hermione asked changing the subject away from herself.

"I really am because it's like the first time he actually picked some of us to go on it with him," Christine replied with a smile.

"I am to and I can't wait to see where we are going to go," Callie added.

"Don't you have to go and get ready now?" Hermione asked looking at the clock.

"You're right, he's coming to pick us up in an hour," Allie replied immediately heading back upstairs.

Callie and Christine quickly followed suite and headed upstairs as well.

"They really are something aren't they?" Chloe commented.

"Yep they really are, I have to return a quick phone call to my friend, I'll see you later okay?" Hermione replied.

"Sure, I'll see you later today," Chloe answered back with a wave.

"See you in a while then," Lisa said with a wave.

Hermione headed upstairs and quickly silently cast a sound shielding charm around her room to prevent anybody from over hearing her conversation.

"Hello, I was wondering who I could speak to chat with you about former students of yours?" Hermione asked.

"Which student are you talking about because we have talked so many students over the years and we only stay in contact with a few of those students so it is highly likely that we won't be able to hope you," a women's voice answered.

"Her name is Allie Renshaw," Hermione replied.

"You're in luck because we still keep in contact with her but we haven't spoken in over 6 months. You can speak to our principal about her. Do you know an officer named Chuck Piper? He was just asking about her as well" the woman informed me.

"Actually I do know him. He is a friend of mine," Hermione answered.

"Well that makes things easier, when can you come to the school?" She asked.

"When was it convenient for the principal?" Hermione asked.

"Can you come in about an hour? Principal Pierce would be available here. What is your name?" the women asked.

"It's Jane," Hermione replied after a thought.

"Well Jane, I'll see you in an hour and please ask for Carolyn," Carolyn replied.

"Thanks you so much. That'll be great. I'll see you then," Hermione answered happily as she hung up.

She then looked around her room and went through her box of potions that she had brought just in case she ever needed it. She had learned that being friends with Harry could get pretty exciting but dangerous as well so wherever she went she had packed a few potions that she found could be useful in almost any situation to keep her friends and especially Harry safe. She began looking around and found that she had a tiny bottle of veritaserum left and decided to take some just in case she needed to use it. She also had some polyjuice potion left which she decided might actually be useful as well and put it in her pocket.

Before long she heard the door bell ring which signalled to her that Harry had arrived and decided not to see him yet because she still didn't really know how to behave around him. She also wanted to make him nervous about the whole situation.

Harry had walked into the mansion and looked around to see if Hermione was around. He was hoping that she had completely forgiven him and would see her smile at him once again. It was really unsettling for him to think that she has still mad at him and even though she said she was okay it seemed as it maybe she really wasn't.

"Hey Harry," Callie called and greeted him with a hug.

"Callie, you look wonderful this afternoon," Harry replied.

"So do you," Callie commented.

"Christine, you look fantastic," Harry added as he saw her walk up to him.

"Thank you," Christine replied with a smile.

Harry continued to look around the stairway hoping to catch a glimpse of Hermione and was disappointed not to see her at all.

"Harry," Allie called.

"Allie, you look really great," Harry complimented on how good she looked in a modest yet not over revealing way.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it," Allie replied looking down.

"You guys ready to go?" Harry asked taking one more glance upstairs before leading the ladies out the door.

They all nodded with a smile and walked outside the door and got into the limo.

After a few moments of silence Allie turned to Harry and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Excuse me?" Harry asked.

"I was just wondering if you are okay. You seem a little preoccupied about something," Allie responded.

"Oh it's nothing that you need to worry about," Harry answered.

"Maybe if you talked about it I could help you," Allie encouraged him.

"Harry, if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to but if you ever feel like you want to talk you know that we're all here for you," Christine piped in noticing Harry's uneasiness in Allie's questioning.

Harry smiled in response and mouthed a thank you to Christine which she returned happily.

"I'm really sorry if I seemed pushy it's just that with teaching I always found that talking about problems.." Allie started to explain looking down.

"Hey.. Allie I know you didn't mean to it's okay. Look at me. Please look at me," Harry told her as he leaned in closer to her. Allie looked up and as he was looking at her he suddenly felt a little bit lighter as if his problems disappeared.

"Are you okay Harry?" Allie asked concerned.

"I'm good. I must have just spaced out for a moment," Harry replied with a grin.

"Are you sure?" Christine asked concerned.

"I'm really fine," Harry replied touched by her concern.

"Where are we going?" Callie asked.

"We're going to a poetry reading," Harry answered with a smile.

"I love poetry readings. They can be quite fun," Allie commented.

"Is it going to be like an open mike kind of thing?" Christine asked curiously.

"I'm pretty sure that it is. I thought it might be fun if we all tried to write one and perform it in front of a crowd. It will be a nice chance to get to know each other a bit better," Harry explained.

"That is true, it could be really fun especially if we all write about something we know," Allie responded.

"I have always wanted to attend one of these things so this will be great," Callie added.

"It's great that the three of you are looking forward to the poetry reading," Harry commented with a smile.

"I think we will need to start thinking about it now then," Christine replied.

"I agree that I will have to take a while to think about what to say as well," Allie added.

"Will there be a beat or is it music that we are going to be speaking with?" Callie asked.

"There will be someone playing an accompany string player," Harry explained.

"That sounds really nice," Callie responded.

"I agree," Christine added.

They all spent the next little while thinking up ideas for their poems and before long they arrived at the club.

"We're here," Harry said looking outside the woman.

"Already? I'm not ready yet to perform yet," Callie replied.

"Don't worry about it, you don't have go up right away. We can take some time and just chat together and listen to the other poems," Harry told her with a smile.

They walked into the club and saw that it was very nicely decorated with trees and small lamp shapes creating a calming environment and sat down at a table near the front and ordered some coffees.

Then the host the event named EJ walked up on the stage and said, "Welcome to everyone who came here for the poetry reading today and let's give a special welcome to the Bachelor Mr. Potter who is here today."

The crowd cheered as they shone a light towards their table on the table and they all gave a wave and smile.

"Now who would like to go up first?" EJ asked.

A young lady went up onto the stage to applause and spoke:

Coffee

Tastes bitter and Strong

But works like a charm

To keep me awake

When I need it most.

She then put down the mike to cheers and snaps.

"What did you guys think?" Harry asked.

"Not bad. It's very truthful and I love the music in the background," Allie responded.

"Who is up next?" EJ asked once again.

Christine decided to go up next and walked up to the stage to the sound of cheers.

"This is called Life Away From Home," Christine spoke into the mike.

Life at home

Was a real drag

I dreamed about the day

That I would be free

Independent

When that day came

I was jumping for joy

The words

Responsibility, Bills

Never crossed my mind

Until it came knocking on my door

It was then

I realized that life away from home

Is not all it's hyped up to be

That life is hard

And to treasure

What's right in front of you

Christine got up and received great cheers and rounds of snaps. She walked back to their table with a huge smile on her face.

"That was great Christine," Harry replied warmly.

"Why don't you go up Harry?" Allie encouraged him.

"Go for it," Christine and Callie commented.

"It looks like we have a volunteer. Why don't we give him a round of applause?" EJ said.

Harry got up and proceeded onto the stage at the crowd's insistence.

"This is my first time doing this and it's going to be called Family," Harry spoke into the mike nervously.

Home

Family

Terms I did not understand

It wasn't until I met my friends

That I realized that I had a family

Who cared about me

And a place I could call home

Harry heard cheers coming from his table and around him and he grinned as he walked off the stage.

"Great job Harry. Did you really have such a hard childhood?" Callie asked.

"My parents died when I was a baby so I never knew them," Harry answered.

"That must have been really hard. Did you have to go to an orphanage?" Christine asked.

"I actually lived with my aunt and uncle," Harry answered quickly.

"Oh, that was nice of them," Callie commented.

"I guess was," Harry replied.

Christine noticed his response and decided to change the subject and asked, "Allie you want a chance to go up?"

"Sure, I'm ready," Allie said as they waited for the last speaker to finish.

Allie then went up on the stage and cleared her voice.

She spoke as follows:

Loneliness

Can't be escaped

You feel alone

Even when you are surrounded

By the ones you love

You start to think

Does anyone understand?

Does anybody care?

When will this feeling end?

`Wow I didn't know that she felt that way, we may be more alike then I previously believe. Although a bit morbid,' Harry thought to himself.

"That was um… good but a little bit morbid?" Callie replied.

"Life's unfair most of the time and since we're supposed to write about what we know I thought that was a good topic to write about," Allie responded nonchalantly.

"That is true. Are you ready to go up Callie?" Christine asked.

"As I'll ever be," Callie" replied.

"We have time for one final performer, who wants to go up?" EJ replied.

Callie walked up onto the stage and took a deep breath and said, "This poem is called Unpredictable"

Every day you wake up

Go to work

Got to school

And you come back home

Life is good

Until one day

Everything changes

Your perfect world is broken

Things happen that can never be forgotten

Things can never be the same again

That's life

Unpredictable

The crowd was silent for a moment and then there waves of snaps which showed their appreciation and silent cheers.

"Great job," Harry told her with a smile.

"Great poem," Christine replied.

"Nice job," Allie added with a smile.

Callie smiled in returned and took a sip of her drink.

"Let's toast to a great afternoon," Christine suggested.

They all chimed glasses to signal the end of the date and sat down chatting quietly for few minutes before it was time for them to head back to the mansion.


-->