Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Hello everyone! I would like to start off and thank all of my readers and reviewers!!! It means a lot that you guys reviewed. Anyways I bet you are surprised that I updated already. It's only been a week. I know I'm surprised too. But the next update won't be in till like a couple of weeks at the earliest. Please review and read until the end cause there are some questions at the end I would like you to answer.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry potter. JKR does and I don't own The Bachelor, ABC does. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Chapter 13

Hermione sighed as she continued to watch everyone continue to give Allie their regards. She still did not know what she should do about the whole situation and she was worried that if she mentioned to Harry that he would just get mad at her and overreact like he did before so she needed to get some firm evidence and then proceed from there.

Just then she heard some footsteps outside her door so Hermione quickly put away her computer and turned down the volume of her mike before magically unlocking the door and seeing who was outside.

"Jennifer, did you want to ask me something?" Hermione asked.

"It is the strangest thing. I did want to talk to you about something and then when I got up here I just realized that I needed to do something else," Jennifer answered sheepishly.

"That's alright. I was heading downstairs myself," Hermione assured her.

"I hope that you weren't busy," Jennifer replied.

"Oh I was just listening to some music. So what's up?" Hermione asked with a smile.

"Oh we were actually all kind of bored and I kind of got annoyed with Stephanie downstairs so I thought I would come up and see what you were doing." Jennifer told her.

"What did Stephanie do now?" Hermione inquired.

"She was just being her nosey and annoying self asking us all tons of questions and of course mentioning her great career as usual," Jennifer told her as they walked down the stairs.

That does sound like Stephanie," Hermione commented as the reached the kitchen.

"Well look who decided to grace us with her presence?" Stephanie commented.

"Hello to you too Stephanie," Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"Hey Hermione," Callie and Lisa called out.

"Hey guys. What are you guys up to?" Hermione inquired.

"Actually we were just planning to watch something on the TV," Callie answered.

"How well do you guys know Allie?" Hermione decided to pipe in.

"Not too well but we have talked," Lisa answered.

"Did she ever mention any family that she had?" Hermione asked carefully.

"Actually when I really think about it, we chatted but she hardly ever mentioned anything about herself," Lisa replied after pondering for a moment.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah I am. I mean whenever I asked her about her she would change the subject but she did ask a lot about you," Lisa replied.

"What about you Callie?" Hermione asked.

"I only chatted with her a couple of times but I get the impression she doesn't have much family or something but we never did talk about it. But she did ask me questions about the rest of you though," Callie answered.

"Why are you asking?" Callie asked Hermione puzzled.

"She's just one big puzzle to me and I guess I was hoping to figure her out," Hermione admitted.

"That is something I definitely agree with. The strangest thing is how interested she seemed in you though," Lisa commented.

"She was?" Hermione asked.

"Yes she did and I agree that there seems to be something that is quite strange about her but if you would like I could check her out for you if you want," Callie told her.

"I wouldn't want you getting into any trouble or anything," Hermione told her pouring herself a glass of grapefruit juice.

"Oh it wouldn't be besides if you're worried about the producers don't worry I can be very discreet," Callie told her.

"I have some valuable sources that could help in this situation if you want," Stephanie piped in.

"It's totally alright Stephanie, I don't want to make this that big of a deal but um… thanks anyways," Hermione told her after a moment.

"She so just needed to be the center of attention," Lisa whispered to her.

Hermione stifled a giggle and quickly finished her juice and looked at the clock on the stove and realized that she needed to get back to watching the date.

"I'm going to take a quick nap upstairs," Hermione announced.

"Okay then Hermione, talk to you later," Lisa said with a wave.

Hermione hurried quickly upstairs locked the door magically and turned up the volume on the microphone and the computer and now saw that Christine and Harry were playing pool.

"I'm back," Hermione whispered into the microphone.

Harry turned around quickly and murmured, "I was getting worried about you. Are things okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. I just heard some footsteps outside the door so I went to check that out and I had to make an appearance outside of my room so the other girls wouldn't be so suspicious," Hermione explained.

Hermione watched quite fascinated at the precision of Christine's shots and how easy she made it look.

"I thought that you didn't play much?" Harry asked.

"I'm a really quick study and it depends on the definition of much," Christine added.

"Well then I'm quite impressed," Harry answered with one of his dazzling grins.

Christine looked dazed for a moment then missed the next shot, "That was not fair you distracted me," she said good naturedly.

"Concentration is a very important part of the game," Harry said with a sly grin.

"Harry….. you did that on purpose," Hermione said sternly but was holding back a grin.

"I was giving you some important advice," Harry told Christine

"Oh you were? Well then what kind of advice was that?" Christine asked intrigued.

"That concentration is really important in this game. You shouldn't let anybody distract you" Harry answered slyly.

"Sure, I don't believe that but I'm letting you get away with it this time just because what you said is true," Christine added.

Harry expertly did some angle shots and finished it off with a shot behind his back.

"Impressive," Christine replied with applause.

"You were an amazing opponent," Harry told her with a great smile.

As Christine as walking towards Harry to give him a hug, she suddenly out of nowhere tripped on a small piece of rock.

Harry rushed over to help her up.

"I'm so embarrassed," Christine replied flushed.

"Don't worry about it, it could have happened to anybody," Harry reassured her helping her on her feet.

"Tell her about the time that you tripped during graduation and ripped your pants," Hermione instructed.

"I'll let you on a little secret. Not really a secret but I've been embarrassed worse. It was during my graduation and I was heading up to receive my diploma and as I got up my robe got caught in the chair and it ripped. Of course I had no idea until I was up on the stage and realized that my pants were ripped and everyone could see in the audience include my fellow grads," Harry explained.

"That would be pretty embarrassing. Thanks for sharing it," Christine giggled and gave him a smile.

"Can you ask her how she tripped?" Hermione asked.

"No problem, I was just wondering if you knew what exactly happened here." Harry inquired.

"Well now to think about I have no idea how it happened. It was like the strangest thing, it was like that rock came out of no where and now look at my shoe," Christine said as she stood up stumbling.

"Can I take a look at it?" Harry asked.

Christine shrugged and took it off and Harry examined the thin silver pump. And he found that the heel had been broken.

"That heel is definitely broken but not in the normal way," Hermione commented as she saw how the heel seemed to be scorched in some way and not broken off in the normal way.

Harry looked puzzled so Hermione shook her head and said, "Ask her if her shoes were already breaking," Hermione told him.

"Were they breaking off before?" Harry asked.

"No, in fact they are actually quite new," Christine replied with a sigh.

"Offer to fix her shoe," Hermione urged him.

"I can fix it for you if you like," Harry offered.

"I don't want to be a bother," Christine told him.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be back before you know it," Harry replied.

`Harry walked over to an area where he knew nobody would be watching and took out his wand and said, `Reparo' and the shoe became as good as new.

"Hermione, what is going on?" Harry asked.

"I just wanted to understand the situation because the fact that she tripped is very strange considering how there could be a object that size in the bar was a little strange," Hermione commented.

"That is true. So have you come up with anything yet?" Harry asked.

"Was Allie anywhere near by?" Hermione hesitantly asked.

"Well she was watching the match. Why do you want to know?" Harry replied.

"Just trying to gather all the facts," Hermione exclaimed.

"I was just wondering how you girls walk in these thin hilled shoes?" Harry asked all of a sudden.

"Why are you asking?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I have never actually seen one of these up close and I've always wondered that," Harry explained.

"Well it takes a lot of practice and its just a matter of balance," Hermione answered.

"It must be painful," Harry said noticing how high the heel was.

"The cost of beauty," Hermione said with a smile.

"Okay I think I'm going to head back now. The shoe should be dry by now if I had done it used glue," Harry added with a wink.

Harry walked back pondering what Hermione had told him.

"Here is your shoe," Harry said handing her the shoe.

Christine smiled gratefully and put it back on, "Wow, it's almost like it was brand new."

"I have some really strong glue," Harry replied sheepishly.

"Allie, are you ready?" Harry asked.

"As ready as I will be. I'm quite nervous," Allie confessed.

"There is no need to be. This is just all for fun," Harry told her.

Allie nodded and proceeded over to the pool table.

"Do you want to go first?" Harry asked.

"Actually I was wondering if you would start the game?" Allie asked taking in a deep breath.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"I'm sure. I want to watch you first," Allie replied.

"Alright then," Harry answered a little surprised.

Harry started off the game with a nice shot that spread out the balls even and managed to knock one in the hole.

He continued making great shots until the last ball that seemed to stop just right before it was about to enter the hole.

"It's your turn now," Harry replied.

"Did you happen to miss the last shot on purpose?" Allie asked curiously.

"Why would you ask that?" Harry asked.

"I thought that maybe you wanted to give me a chance to win," Allie commented.

"As much as I would love to say that I did. I was actually surprised when the shot didn't go in. I'm guessing that this is your lucky day," Harry answered sheepishly.

"I'm guessing that it is," Allie replied with a smile.

Her first shot was pretty shaky but she managed to get the first ball into the hole.

As she got in shot after shot her confidence grew and said, "I guess that I haven't loss all my skills after all."

"I guess not," Harry answered with a smile watching her using the cue with such ease.

"Last shot," Allie replied flustered.

"Good luck," Harry replied standing off to the side.

Allie took a deep breath and slowly began staring at the layout of the ball in front of her trying to figure out the best way to go about it. It looked like she was muttering something from what Hermione was saying but she could not make it out.

Allie then took the last shot and managed to knock it into the hole. Allie came out looking incredibly happy and exclaimed, "Oh my god. I can't believe I made that shot. It looks like I win doesn't it?

"Yes you do. Congratulations," Harry said giving her a hug a kiss on the cheek.

"Congratulations," Christine and Sue chimed in.

"Great job," Chloe responded with a tight smile.

"So when do I get that free lesson?" Allie asked.

"Probably another time after the show but I doubt that you really need much help" Harry answered.

"Great, then that means we will still see each other after the show is done," Allie replied with a smile.

Harry grinned back and heard Hermione clearing her throat.

"I'm getting a bit hungry. How about we get something to eat?" Harry asked.

"Sure," The girls exclaimed.

They walked over to the table where they there was a lot of food placed on the table. At least 25 types of sushi, some tempura, some noodles and Miso soup were placed on top of the table and the chef was preparing some of his specialty dishes right in front of them.

The group ate quickly chatting quickly about the game and asking each other different types of questions.

"So Chloe, I was wondering what you think of the food so far?" Harry asked.

"The food is just amazing, and I think that it's really very tasty but I'm no expert," Chloe answered.

"Okay I have a question for all of you guys, how important is your moral standards to you in everyday life?" Harry asked.

"Well, I think that is one of the most important things in life. For me, I think that the most important thing is that that you can do everything you can to do your best but only to the point that you feel like you did nothing wrong and can live with yourself," Christine replied thoughtfully.

"I agree with that as long as you have no qualms about what you are doing then it should not be a major problem," Chloe added.

"I agree to a point but sometimes I think that yes it is wrong for people to lie but sometimes isn't it best not to tell people the absolute truth because it would hurt their feelings and sometimes a little white lie won't hurt anyone," Sue added after a thought.

"I agree with all of you guys on this issue. Being able to have no qualms about what you are doing is really important but sometimes I totally understand that there are so many things in life that other people wouldn't want to know or things you just don't say because the rules are just the way they are," Allie answered quietly.

"I understand what all of you guys are saying. I've always lived by one thing one of my best friends told me. To believe in yourself and to listen to your heart, it'll tell you what the right thing to do is." Harry replied.

"In your line of work, don't you have to lie?" Sue asked.

"We do when we have to but we do try to lie as little as possible and answer truthfully most of the time. Most of the job just involves doing our jobs and revealing who we are," Harry explained.

"I assume that you usually have to separate your personal lives from when you are working or else that could cause problems," Allie commented.

"Tell her how you've haven't had a long relationship in years," Hermione commanded.

"Yes it is. I mean I haven't been in a long-term relationship in years," Harry said embarrassed.

"I don't really believe it but it would make sense or else you wouldn't be here would you?" Chloe replied thoughtfully.

"Yeah like I told you guys before, I didn't think I would be on this show either but I have my reasons," Harry answered with a slight smile.

"Whatever they are, I'm just happy that I have got a chance to meet you," Sue added.

"Ditto," Chloe and Christine added.

"Here's to a great end to the night," Harry said with a gigantic grin and rising his glass.

After they finished eating, the girls returned in high spirits back to the mansion. Allie was extremely happy and the girls were happy but not quite as happy as her.

"Good night Harry," Hermione told him as she turned off the microphone.

"Wait a minute Hermione," Harry said.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"I was wanted to say that I had a nice time tonight and enjoyed having you around. It was nice to have your input on the evening," Harry told her softly.

"So I see that it wasn't as horrible as you thought it was?" Hermione teased him.

"I know that you could have done a lot worse but you didn't and I wanted to thank you," Harry said with a smile.

"Well I wouldn't want the producers to start asking too many questions and I didn't want to make you look like a complete idiot," Hermione answered with a smile.

"I know. I'll talk with you later. Have sweet dreams," Harry whispered to her.

"Sweet dreams to you too Harry," Hermione answered with a smile and turned off the microphone and slid back in her chair as she decided that she would re-watch some of the strange events that occurred during the evening. She had saved it to her computer using a simple conversion spell.

She first watched Christine's missed shot, at first there wasn't anything that deemed special attention to but then she noticed that she seemed a little dazed. Sure Harry's smile was incredible and very charming but he could never do that, even if Harry's ego would say otherwise. She thought to herself with a giggle.

There seemed to be something unnatural about her dazed look so she zoomed in and in the back ground she saw a small movement very difficult to detect. She zoomed in on the dot and saw that Allie had moved on up. She didn't seem to be doing anything special though, she just looked like she was walking about.

She re-watched it a few times but couldn't find any new leads so she decided to watch the part when Christine fell. She watched the floor very closely and in a split second she noticed a slight spark and in there was a small object on the floor near Christine's feet that she never noticed before. She was about to check again when she heard a knock on her door. She quickly closed that program and said, "Come on in."

Allie came in and she forced a smile and said, "Hi Allie, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great," Allie replied with a smile.

"How was your date?" Hermione asked.

"Well it went amazingly well. We ate Japanese food and played pool which I won against Harry and he's going to give me a free lesson as a prize," Allie answered.

"That's awesome Allie, aren't you tired?" Hermione asked pointing to the time.

"I'm a little bit tired but I'm really excited over the win," Allie told her.

"I'll expect that. How did the other girls do?" Hermione asked quickly.

"Christine did the best after me but she missed the last shot. Are you using your computer?" Allie asked.

"Um.. I was just checking on some e-mail from friends," Hermione answered quickly.

"Do you think I could check something really quickly? It'll only take a few seconds," Allie asked.

"Sure," Hermione replied not knowing how she could say no.

Hermione watched her closely as she quickly checked her e-mail with a slight turn of her head when she looked at Hermione, "I'm sorry. You must have been in a hurry to use your e-mail."

"It's okay, as long as I get it done really soon. It'll be okay," Hermione answered.

"Oh, too bad not the e-mail I was looking for. Thanks, I think I'll head to bed," Allie said with a yawn.

"See you tomorrow," Hermione said.

"You too," Allie said heading out.

As soon as she left, she opened up back the program and watched it again and noticed that the small object had been there for quite a while.

"That is strange. My eyes must have been playing tricks on me," Hermione muttered to herself in disbelief.

`Maybe Allie did something,, but you were watching her the whole time. She just checked her e-mail,' Hermione argued with herself.

Hermione yawned as she looked at the time and decided to ponder it more in the morning.

*~*~*~

So the next chapter is the rose ceremony. Which three girls do you want out? It's time for your input. Is it Stephanie, Christine, Allie, Sue, Jennifer, Chloe, Lisa or Callie? Thanks a lot for answering the question.


-->