Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Here is another update. I hope that it was worth the wait and I wanted to thank all of you for your amazing reviews and hope that you continue enjoying the story. I think this story has approximately 7-8 chapters left to go and it is all coming together nicely. I wanted to give you guys some nice Hhr fluff before the next date which will be in the next chapter. Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. J K Rowling does and I don't own the Bachelor since ABC does. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Chapter 20

Hermione woke up to the sound of tapping on the window with a start. She slowly got up and grabbed something hard that she could use to protect herself and proceeded very slowly toward the window and slowly moved towards the window to see if she could catch a glimpse of the person behind the window but the person seem to be very well concealed because she couldn't catch a glimpse of the invader.

Hermione took a deep breath and slowly opened the window with her wand while she stood a safe distance away. Slowly the black figure entered the room and she braced herself so that she would be ready for an attack and swiftly moved closer to the attacker and asked, "Who are you?"

"Is that the way you treat a friend?" a familiar voice responded.

"Harry," Hermione murmured and punched him hard on the shoulder.

"Ouch.. you shouldn't be so rough Hermione or else you will never get a boyfriend," Harry teased her.

Hermione gave him a very dirty look and punched him in the ribs again.

"I am just trying to help you," Harry replied with a smirk.

Hermione drew out her wand and pointed it straight at him and said, "You want to keep your limbs?"

"Hermione, you know that I was just teasing you and put her wand down," Harry replied nervously.

"I know but as usual you are taking things much too far and I wanted to make sure you still have some senses," Hermione replied sweetly putting down her wand.

"Thank you so much for your concern then," Harry answered with a fake smile.

"I'm just being a good friend. What are you doing here?" Hermione asked.

"I came here to talk to you about my date last night," Harry replied.

"I know that it went pretty well, Christine looked quite happy when she came back last night," Hermione told him with a small smile.

"She came by to talk to you?" Harry inquired.

"Yeah just for a second. So where did you take her?" Hermione asked.

"Then it looks like the two of you are friends then. I didn't really take her anywhere really special. I just took her to this place that did parties where the servers wore traditional clothing and served traditional food," Harry answered.

"Christine is a really nice girl and I like her and your date seems like quite fun," Hermione replied.

"We had a great time and she actually opened up to me about her past boyfriend. I feel like she is really starting to let go of her past," Harry added.

"So how do you feel about her?" Hermione asked softly.

"I think that Christine is an amazingly talented girl and is really nice and sweet girl. I think that we are both similar and different in many ways. I feel like we really do connect and that there is definitely something special about her and I would like to get to know her a little bit better," Harry told her honestly.

"She is really nice and sweet. I'm glad that you're getting along. So do you think that she could be the one?" Hermione asked with both curiosity and dread.

"I don't really know but I do think that it is possible that she could be the one but I definitely need to spend some more time with her before I would know for sure," Harry added.

"That's true. You want to be sure about things before making any final decisions," Hermione commented.

"I also wanted to tell you that I'm sorry about how I reacted about Allie," Harry told her after some thought.

"Really?" Hermione asked amused.

"I am. After everything that we have been through, I should know better than to dismiss any of your ideas or thoughts," Harry said to her.

"How sorry are you?" Hermione asked.

"I'm really sorry and I know that I shouldn't have doubted you," Harry responded.

"Well I'm still actually mad at you though," Hermione answered.

"You are?" Harry inquired.

"Of course I am. Like you said, I've always been there for you and you go and doubt my judgement?" Hermione replied with a glare and stifle a giggle.

"You have always been there for me," Harry replied.

"Exactly and how many times have I been right?" Hermione prompted.

"More times than I can count," Harry mumbled.

"If you know that then why would you doubt my judgement?" Hermione asked in mock anger.

"I'm sorry. I had a momentary lapse of judgement. You know that you are one of my best friends right?" Harry answered.

"I wouldn't doubt any of my best friends," Hermione retorted.

"No. No matter how upset you are you have always been there for me even when you thought that some of my plans were a little risky," Harry replied.

Hermione turned away with mock anger and pretended not to pay any attention to him as he proceeded closer to her.

"Come on Hermione. I know that you have such a big and forgiving heart and would forgive me for my lapse in judgement," Harry pleaded wit her softly.

Hermione pretended not to hear him and turned away.

"What can I do to get your forgive me?" Harry asked.

"That depends on your sincerity then," Hermione answered after a moment.

"I have a lot of sincerity," Harry replied with a nod.

"Well then let's test that sincerity now," Hermione added and turned around.

"Okay, what can I do?" Harry asked seriously.

"First of all I want you to bark like a dog?" Hermione commanded.

"Do I really have to?" Harry asked.

Hermione gave him a look and Harry got down on all fours.

"Ruff, ruff," Harry said.

"That's a good start but why don't you behave more like a dog?" Hermione asked with a laugh.

Harry started kneeling down on the ground and proceeded to walk on all fours and did so while barking and proceeded to move closer to the Hermione and grabbed a hold of her leg.

"What are you doing?" Hermione replied shaking him off her leg.

"I'm acting like a dog who really wants to be with his owner," Harry commented.

"What kind of dog are you?" Hermione hissed at him.

"A Scottish Terrier," Harry commented.

"Why don't you let go of my leg?" Hermione asked trying to walk away.

"I will as long as you forgive me," Harry told her.

"That is such a cheap trick," Hermione told him.

"Will it work?" Harry asked hopefully with puppy dog eyes.

`Darn his puppy dog eyes,' Hermione thought to herself.

"If you weren't bigger than me I wouldn't give in so quickly," Hermione responded.

"Then you forgive me?" Harry asked.

"I do," Hermione added with a shrug.

"Look, don't be so angry with me. I promise you that I will be wary of Allie and I will keep my distance from her until we finally know everything there is to do about Allie," Harry told her.

"Really? You will take my opinion more to heart right?" Hermione asked.

"Yes I promise," Harry told her seriously.

"Well then if that is true then I will forgive you," Hermione said playfully with a smile.

"You really have a beautiful smile," Harry told her.

"Be serious," Hermione told him playfully swatting him in his arm.

"I am serious," Harry answered walking towards her slowly.

"I told you to be serious," Hermione added.

"Believe me, when you smile you definitely brighten up my day," Harry added.

Hermione just smiled and laughed and proceed to walk away but felt his hand grabbing a hold of her wrist.

"What do you want?" Hermione asked.

"I just want you to follow me," Harry answered.

"Okay, you got my curiosity," Hermione told her.

Harry nodded and turned away and proceeded to lead the way.

Hermione followed and turned towards the direction that he is pointing and Harry led her towards a clearing where breakfast was laid on a large breakfast on a lovely table cloth.

"What is this?" Hermione asked with a large smile.

"Breakfast," Harry replied.

"When did you plan this?" Hermione replied sitting on the ground.

"I just wanted to do something to show my appreciation. And it took a few days of planning," Harry answered.

"You knew that I would forgive you?" Hermione asked.

"I really hoped you would," Harry answered.

"This really is a lovely setting for breakfast," Hermione said in awe of her surroundings as she took in the beautiful trees and the small creek with a bridge.

"It is isn't it? I knew that you would enjoy the scenery," Harry responded.

"And you wanted me to see it?" Hermione asked.

"Of course and of course I just wanted to spend some more alone time with you too," Harry added.

"That is really sweet of you," Hermione commented.

"Anything for my best friend," Harry mentioned.

"Let's see what we have here," Hermione said looking around at the place settings.

"Why don't you start with some orange juice?" Harry asked handing her a glass.

Hermione took the glass with a smile and took a sip and replied, "Freshly squeezed orange juice just the way I like it."

"I know," Harry said with a smile.

"What else do you know?" Hermione asked in a teasing tone.

"Well I know that you like to eat buttered toast," Harry said as he piled some toast on a plate and offered it to her.

Hermione rolled her eyes and placed some eggs and bacon on a plate and offered it towards Harry.

"You remembered?" Harry said taking the plate.

"Of course, your taste hasn't changed since we went to Hogwarts," Hermione reminded me.

"That's quite true," Harry commented.

"So what are your plans for today?" Hermione asked.

"Well I'm taking Lisa out this afternoon for our individual date and I have to do some studio things as well. What about you?" Harry answered taking a bite of the egg.

"I'm probably just going to hang out with the other girls a bit today and there's this one other thing that I have to tell you," Hermione replied after some thought.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Well I did some digging yesterday and I found something else out," Hermione replied.

"And what did you find out?" Harry inquired.

"Well I found out that Allie was doing quite a bit of research of me," Hermione added.

"What?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yeah she had these files on me from when I went to muggle school and some articles about me after I graduated from Hogwarts," Hermione replied.

"That really is suspicious behaviour. Did you notice anything else?" Harry asked curiously.

"Well while I was doing some surveillance I noticed that she was talking to a cloaked dark figure that seemed to be floating," Hermione added.

"Did you catch a glimpse of the floating figure?" Harry inquired.

"I tried to but I couldn't at all see who are what it was" Hermione replied.

"Now Allie is beginning become more and more of a mystery that needs to be solved," Harry added.

"She is becoming too much of a mystery and I really want to know why she is researching me?" Hermione replied frustrated.

"I have no doubt that you will figure out the mystery after all you are the smartest witch of our year," Harry replied.

"You really think so?" Hermione added.

"Of course I do. I have total faith in you. I know that you can do it," Harry added.

"Thank you," Hermione told him with a big smile.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Harry asked softly taking her hand.

"All I need for you is to support me and be there for me if I need help," Hermione asked.

"Of course I will always be there if you need me," Harry replied.

"You better keep your word then," Hermione said with a smile.

"I always keep my word," Harry said.

"I know," Hermione said with a smile.

"Now why don't you eat and stop trying to act all ladylike," Harry commented with a sly grin earning a dirty look from Hermione.

"Excuse me but isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?" Hermione asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry retorted.

"It's not at all like you act at all gentleman like. You talk with your mouth full and you don't at all have very good table manners and you show no chivalrous tendencies. You don't open doors, you show up uninvited and it's really hard to take you anywhere without worrying about you embarrassing me. I don't see how any of these girls actually like you," Hermione commented.

"I haven't seen any complaints yet," Harry replied with a smirk.

"Oh I beg to differ. It's not like something they would say to you but it is definitely something they would mention to me though," Hermione retorted back.

"They actually said something to you?" Harry asked.

"Maybe," Hermione replied with a smirk.

"What exactly did they say?" Harry inquired.

"You don't expect me to tell you do you?" Hermione asked.

"Of course I do," Harry replied.

"Now, normally I would tell you but you can't expect me to betray their confidence do you?" Hermione answered.

"Well did they actually tell you not to tell me?" Harry asked.

"No but they obviously wouldn't want me to tell you what they tell me in private. Secondly, I'm already lying to them about being your friend and I just don't want to lie anymore than I have to. You understand right?" Hermione asked.

"I do understand and I don't want to make things any harder for you than it already is," Harry said nudging her.

"I'm glad that you understand. But you have something that you want to ask me don't you?" Hermione mumbled.

"I know that I can't fool you. I was wondering if it was possible if you could put in a good word for

me?" Harry inquired.

"What exactly would you want me to say about you?" Hermione asked.

"I just want you to tell them the truth," Harry stated.

"You want me to tell them that you have an enormous ego and think of yourself very highly?" Hermione inquired.

"How many times do I have to tell you that what I have is a lot of self confidence and it has nothing to do with having a large ego at all and I also don't have an enormous ego," Harry answered.

"I don't understand why we keep on having to play this game?" Hermione asked.

"What game is that?" Harry asked.

"The one where you never admit that you have an ego and I retort back when we both know that I am right," Hermione responded.

"You are right about a lot of things but there is something that you are wrong about though," Harry asked.

"What have I been wrong about?" Hermione whispered back.

"Well how about the time during second year when you assumed the form of a cat?" Harry asked.

"That was an accident, the potion worked didn't it?" Hermione protested.

"It did but you couldn't tell the difference between human and cat hair," Harry replied.

"It was a mistake but it doesn't mean that I am wrong," Hermione replied with a smirk.

"Fine, how about the time that you thought that you saw a gnome but it was actually a statue?" Harry asked.

"Okay that was a small minor error," Hermione answered a little flushed.

"How about the time that you thought that Draco used...." Harry started.

"Okay, okay, I get your point. I have made a few mistakes but I never said that I was perfect," Hermione answered as she threw a grape at him.

"Testy now aren't we?" Harry teased her.

"If we are going to play this game then maybe should list all the times you were wrong," Hermione added with an innocent smile.

"I….." Harry started before he was interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing.

"Who is it?" Hermione asked quietly.

"The producer," Harry answered as he answered the phone.

Hermione took a minute to take a look at the time and noticed that it was already 10:00 am and jumped up with a start.

"I'll be right there," Harry said before hanging up.

"I've got to get going too. Why didn't you tell me how late it was getting?" Hermione asked him.

"I'm sorry but we just got talking and having such a good time that I forgot to check the time," Harry replied.

"I had fun too," Hermione replied softly with a smile.

"We should do it again some other time?" Harry asked.

"Definitely but we better keep track of the time next time. I don't want to get caught," Hermione answered.

"Just tell them that we were having a secret meeting for the show," Harry told them.

"I don't mean them," Hermione told him.

"Are the other girls giving you a hard time?" Harry asked concerned.

"Well most of them don't but Allie has been getting on my case and I think that some of that suspicion has rubbed off on the other girls if I'm not always around," Hermione explained.

"Take care and be careful," Harry told her giving her a quick hug.

"I will. You'd better get back too and be careful" Hermione replied.

"I always am," Harry told her.

"I mean it, don't do anything rash," Hermione responded and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and with a wink apparated back to the house.

Harry smiled and touched his cheek before heading back to his place to meet with a couple of press associates.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione came out slowly of an empty bedroom and walked back quietly into her room and quickly changed before heading back downstairs.

"Hi girls," Hermione greeted everyone.

"Hermione, want some juice?" Lisa asked with a smile.

"Sure," Hermione answered taking the glass.

"We were looking for you earlier if you wanted to join us for a morning swim and you weren't in your room. Where were you?" Chloe asked.

"When I got up in the morning, I received a call from a friend who really needed to talk so I had to go out for a bit," Hermione explained.

"Was it a girl or a guy?" Allie asked.

"Why does it matter?" Hermione replied sharply.

"Don't be like that Hermione. I'm just reminding you that it is against the rules of the show to have outside relationship with guys other than the bachelor," Allie answered.

"Thank you for being so concerned for me. But you don't have to worry about me at all," Hermione responded.

"I'm sure that Hermione isn't like that," Christine piped in.

"Thanks," Hermione said to her.

"So, are you excited about you date?" Chloe asked.

"I am excited and very nervous," Lisa admitted.

"By the way, how was your date?" Lisa asked Christine.

"It went really great. Harry was really sweet and we really got a chance to talk and I think that we connected," Christine answered with a large smile.

"How sweet was he?" Chloe teased giving her a light shove.

"You guys, I'm not going into any details," Christine replied with a slight laugh.

"So something good did happen then," Allie said pointedly.

"Yes and that is all I'm going to say," Christine answered getting up.

"Come on, you can tell us more. We are friends now right?" Allie asked.

"I'm sorry but I don't want to say any more," Christine added apologetically.

"How about what you guys talked about?" Allie tired one more time.

"Mainly just about family," Christine answered relenting a little and quickly got up to avoid any more questioning.

Allie was about to follow but Hermione tapped her shoulder.

"I think that she wants a bit of privacy," Hermione told her.

"But don't you guys want to know more?" Allie asked.

"Of course we do but we need to respect the fact that she doesn't want to tell us more," Chloe answered.

"Give her some privacy Allie and sit down," Lisa commented.

Allie turned back around and sat down in defeat and drank some juice and chatted with Chloe.

Hermione finished her glass of juice and turned around to go back upstairs and headed back to her room.

A few minutes later there was knock on her door and she went to open it.

"Hi Hermione, do you have a few minutes free?" Allie asked.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione, I happened to walk by this clearing and I thought I saw someone that looks like you with this guy but I didn't happen to see his face and I was wondering if that was you?" Allie inquired.

Hermione froze for a second before answering as calmly as she could, "I think that you definitely didn't see me there."

"So you weren't around that area?" Allie pressed.

"I wasn't," Hermione answered fimly.

"Okay, I'm glad," Allie replied with a smile and headed for the door.

"Allie, I was planning to go shopping for some clothes. You want to come?" Hermione asked after a moment.

"I would love to," Allie replied as she left the room.

Hermione took a deep breath and decided that the best course of action was to keep a closer eye on Allie in order to figure out how her mind actually works and decided that she needed to ask more girls to go with them to make it more of a group outing and quickly glanced around her room quickly cast another magical charm around her room silently before heading out the door.

She saw Chloe walking in the hall way and waved for her to come on over.

"What's going on?" Chloe asked.

"I was planning to go shopping for some new dresses with Allie and I was wondering if you wanted to join us?" Hermione asked.

"I love shopping so definitely count me in," Chloe replied with a smile.

"What are we chatting about?" Christine asked.

"We're talking about going shopping. Want to come?" Hermione asked.

"Sure. I do need another dress," Christine answered.

Just then the doorbell rang and Lisa rushed to open it. In the letter came a note addressed to Lisa.

Dear Lisa,

I'm looking forward to seeing you this afternoon. I hope that you are ready for a nice casual evening out so be ready for a relaxing evening. See you soon.

Harry

"I like that it's going to be casual but I have no idea what to wear," Lisa exclaimed as she hurried upstairs.

"I hope it goes well for her," Christine spoke up with a smile.

"You're one of the few people that I actually believe really means that," Allie commented.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Chloe asked.

"It's just that since we are all vying for Harry's affection, I find it strange that all of you would want the others to do well and it seems a little bit forced," Allie answered.

"What about you then Allie? How do you feel?" Chloe replied.

"Well I want Lisa do have a good time," Allie replied.

"Well then doesn't that make you fake?" Chloe asked.

"But I really mean it unlike some people," Allie replied sweetly.

"Did you mean me?" Chloe pointedly asked.

"I didn't say it was you," Allie replied cheerfully and headed upstairs.

"I don't understand her at all. One minute she is all nice and then she does things sometimes that are so infuriating," Chloe spoke up.

"I know what you mean. She reminds me of someone though," Christine commented.

"She does but I can't put my finger on it," Chloe replied after a few moments.

"Let's forget about that and concentrate on our shopping trip," Hermione suggested.

"I agree and let's just have some fun," Christine added and turned to Chloe who nodded in agreement.


-->