Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

So I couldn't open this link so uploading it once again. A/N do not own anything. Please read and review.

Chapter 32

"Carlineux," Allie said nervously.

"Congratulations," Carlineux replied.

"Congratulations for what?" Allie asked.

"You passed," Carlineux answered.

"Excuse me but what exactly did I pass? " Allie asked.

"You were given a task and you completed it," Carlineux answered.

"I still don't…" Allie replied.

"Rachel will answer all your questions," Carlineux responded gesturing over to a brown haired woman walking towards her.

Hermione took this opportunity to turn around and move quietly towards the door.

"Where are you going Ms. Granger?" Carlineux asked.

"Well obviously I'm not supposed to be here so I was just leaving," Hermione answered quickly while silently casting a spell to turn on a locator on her phone.

"That's not true. You came at exactly the right time," Carlineux replied

"What do you mean?" Hermione inquired.

"You're exactly the person that I wanted to see," Carlineux answered.

"What for?" Hermione asked.

"I have a proposal for you," Carlineux answered.

"A proposal?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, an offer if you will," Carlineux added.

"I'm not interested," Hermione responded.

"But you haven't heard anything yet how can you be so sure?" Carlineux replied.

"I know enough to know that I don't want to be involved," Hermione added.

"Now, you shouldn't believe everything that you hear. You of all people should know that," Carlineux responded.

"What exactly should I not believe," Hermione added.

"There are two sides to every story and maybe not everything we strive to do is actually that bad," Carlineux answered.

"And what exactly wouldn't be so bad?" Hermione asked curiously.

"What our group is striving for is a world where wizards and muggles can live together peacefully and in equality. Does that sound that bad?" Carlineux explained.

"No it doesn't," Hermione responded thoughfully.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to not have to keep magic a secret and all the lying could stop because everyone would know about wizards and could be free and open about whatever activity that you would be doing. No more discrimination between purebreds and muggle borns. Doesn't that sound really nice?" Carlineux replied.

*~*~*~*~*~~

Harry returned after an uneventful chase to find that Hermione was no where in sight.

"Hermione, where did you go?" Harry murmured to himself in a worried tone and began looking around to see if he could catch a glimpse of her. He ran across the room a few times but still could not find her. Frustrated he took out his watch and noticed a small beeping red dot on it.

"What is that?" Harry asked himself curiously and opened the clear plastic and magically a map appeared in front of him. Looking carefully he realized that the map looked familiar and realized that it was the blueprints for this building.

"Brilliant Hermione," Harry said with admiration and headed off in the direction that the red dot was located,.

*~*~*~*~*

"The idea is lovely but that's just not the way the world is," Hermione replied.

"But who said that the world has to be this way, why can't we change it?" Carlineux added.

"It's not impossible but it would take a long time to change the way the world thinks," Hermione added.

"But what if there was a faster way? Would you be interested?" Carlineux responded with a smile.

"I won't say I'm interested but let's just see where you are going with this," Hermione responded.

"Wasn't there a time in our history where people believed in the magic and lived together? If it was possible then it should be possible now," Carlineux explained.

"That could be true but that's just not our reality. What exactly is your plan?" Hermione asked.

"I don't have all the details worked out as of yet but I do have two plans currently to see it through" Carlineux answered.

"And those two plans are?" Hermione inquired.

" I'm glad that you asked this, let me show you," Carlineux answered cheerfully gesturing towards another locked door.

Hermione slowly walked towards the door not really sure of what she should be expecting to see.

"Now don't be shy, why don't you take a look inside," Carlineux told her and gently tapped on the door three times.

Hermione looked inside the door and saw a few dignified looking individuals sitting inside chatting. She did not recognize anybody at first but did notice that a couple of people looked familiar. A few moments later it came to her and she turned towards Carlineux and said, "Is that Mr. Flahertghas the current secretary of defense?"

"Yes that is and next to him are a few members of the united nations," Carlineux answered.

"Why are they here?" Hermione asked.

"Well they were interested in watching the fashion show so we invited them and they are having a great time," Carlineux replied.

"But why are they in a locked room?" Hermione asked.

"It's for their own protection of course. Its nice that they wanted to have a secret VIP room so its natural that they won't be in plain sight," Carlineux replied.

"What are you planning to do with them?" Hermione asked alarmed.

"What exactly do you think I'm going to do to them? Kidnap them? Of course we wouldn't do something like that. We just wanted to see if they were willing to help our cause," Carlineux answered.

"What cause are you talking about?" Hermione replied.

"We just need to know simple things like their belief system in magic and if they would be accepting of the magical world. If they were it would be much simpler for them and us because then they would be able to help us fully integrate into their government and the process of joining the magical and non magical world would be so much easier," Carlineux explained.

"And what if they tell you something that you do not want to hear?" Hermione asked.

"That's not something I believe we have to worry about. I'm sure they will come to their senses eventually," Carlineux replied.

"What does that supposed to mean?" Hermione replied.

"That I'm confident that they will change their minds," Carlineux answered.

"Then what is your other plan?" Hermione prodded.

"The other one should be much more fun. We would just need to figure out why our two worlds separated," Carlineux replied.

"How exactly are you planning to do that?" Hermione inquired.

"Well there is the time travel option," Carlineux replied.

"Time travel is really dangerous and it could change the world as we know it," Hermione answered.

"But isn't that what we want to do?" Carlineux asked.

"True but it may not change the way we want to and could change for the worse. It's not at all worth the risk," Hermione replied.

"But what if I told you there was a way to change the world with minimal risk? That it was all in your hands?" Carlineux added.

"What do you mean?" Hermione inquired.

"We have the ultimate tool in our hands, if used right all our questions will be answered," Carlineux explained.

"I don't …." Hermione started to say before she was interrupted by a familiar voice.

`What's your real agenda" a familiar voice said.

"Harry, you're here," Hermione answered with a smile.

"I wouldn't have been able to find you without a bit of help," Harry replied with a smile.

"I see that you found it," Hermione answered with a grin.

"Now, I see where you get your cynical attitude from," Carlineux replied.

"You didn't answer the question," Harry asked again.

"Why do I have to have an ulterior motive? I just want to help change the world for the better," Carlineux replied.

"Let's go," Harry said pulling Hermione towards her.

"Thank about it Ms. Granger," Carlineux called out.

Hermione turned around quickly and saw that she was gone.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked her quietly.

"No, yes. Can we talk about it later?" Hermione asked.

"Of course," Harry answered softly and gave her a hug and kept his arm around her as he led her out and the walked towards the front hall.

"Thank you," Hermione replied as they walked in comfortable silence.

"So, how do you like your watch?" Hermione asked smiling up at him.

"Truly it's amazing, how did you do it?" Harry asked.

"With magic of course but I also used a simple tracking device and I put it in the watch just in case you did something stupid and we could find you," Hermione explained.

"Wasn't it you who did it this time?" Harry replied with a teasing grin.

"Touche but one time compared to like at least 100" Hermione replied with a grin.

"There were not 100 times," Harry protested.

"Do you want to make a bet out of it?" Hermione asked with a evil glint in her eye.

"I don't think so," Harry replied with a slight shiver remember the last time he and Hermione had a bet and he ended up in public covered in feathers and wearing something he didn't want to talk about.

"That's a smart boy," Hermione replied with a grin and patting him on the head.

"I'm being serious though, I want you to be careful around her," Harry replied seriously.

"I know that you're just worried about me and I really appreciate it but I can take care of myself. But I can promise to be extra careful," Hermione replied.

"That's all I ask and I do know you can take care of yourself. You can easily kick my ass," Harry replied.

"Glad to see that you know that. But you should be careful too you know," Hermione answered looking up at him.

"I promise that I will be careful and to let you know what's going on the best that I can," Harry answered back.

Hermione replied with a grin and pulling him closer for a hug and whispered, "Thank you."

"You're very welcome." Harry responded.

They broke apart at the sound of Hermione's cell phone.

"Hermione where are you?" Chloe asked.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry I.." Hermione started to explain apolgetically.

"It's okay, Allie explained everything earlier but I want to here your account of everything. Where are you?" Chloe asked.

"Um.. why don't I meet you outside the supper club?" Hermione asked.

"Sure, see you in a few," Chloe replied cheerfully.

"We can chat later," Harry replied with a grin.

"What time?" Hermione replied back.

"Just call me and I'll be there, no matter what time," Harry replied.

Hermione smiled in response and gave him a quick wave before heading off towards the front door.

`I really hope that she didn't let what she said get to her,' Harry thought to himself before he headed back to the studio.

"Hermione, you look incredible," Christine exclaimed.

"Thank you but its all just thanks to the clothes and makeup," Hermione replied with a grin..

"Don't sell yourself short. You're a gorgeous girl. So how was it?" Christine asked.

`Yes tell us," Allie added in an excited tone.

"Well first of all I was totally nervous because I didn't know how I was to act or walk so I just tried my best and it just felt amazing to be up there after a while," Hermione explained.

"You looked like a pro out there," Allie replied.

"Thank you but you don't have to say that. I had no idea what I was doing at all," Hermione replied.

"Well, I honestly could not tell that, you looked poised," Christine added.

"You guys are too nice. But it really did amazing to be onstage with all these people watching and I felt like a model," Hermione replied.

"You definitely looked like one," Allie added.

"The two of you are too nice. How did you enjoy the show?" Hermione asked.

"Well the show was great and I saw a bunch of famous people and I wanted to go talk to them but I felt too nervous to do that," Christine answered.

"Were there a lot of people that you wanted to meet?" Hermione asked.

"Well not any that I really wanted to meet so it was okay," Christine answered.

"I think its time that we head back, I don't think we were supposed to be out that long," Allie replied looking at her watch.

Hermione glanced back at her watch and realized that she was right. "You're right. Let's head back."

*~*~*~*~

As soon as harry returned to his room, the phone rang. Harry quickly picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"Harry, its Matt," Matthew greeted.

"Hi Matt, how are you doing today?" Harry greeted him.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" Matthew asked.

"Not feeling too shabby. What's going on?" Harry asked.

"Where have you been all morning?" Matthew asked.

"I had a few personal things I had to take care of. Why?" Harry asked.

"Well I wasn't able to get a hold of you but luckily for you they still haven't asked me where you were," Matthew replied.

"Sorry about that. So what do you need me for?" Harry answered.

"Its time for your next individual date," Matthew explained.

"It's that time already. Thanks for reminding me. Is everything set up?" Harry asked.

"I'm sending the details over to your right now," Matthew answered.

"Okay so when do I have to leave?" Harry asked.

"We'll pick you to in 10 minutes," Matthew replied.

"Okay, see you in a bit," Harry answered hanging up the phone and heading over to his closet quickly to grab his jacket.

Harry gave himself a quick onceover and took a look at his watch and smiled and pulled out his phone to send a text Hermione.

I'm going out on my next individual date but if you need me I will be there. Try not to do anything too crazy while I'm gone. Harry typed before hitting send and headed out the door.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione heard the familiar beep of her phone and pulled it out to see that she received a text from Harry and almost could almost not stop herself from bursting out in giggles and texted him back.

I think you've got it backwards mister. You should be careful not to do anything crazy.

A few moments later her phone beeped back.

I never do anything that I don't think that I can handle.

Hermione couldn't help but giggle and texted back.

That's the problem. You're too cocky.

Her phone beeped back a few seconds later.

I'm not cocky. I'm merely good at what I do.

Hermione smiled and responded.

Still cocky but true, now get back to your date before you blow your cover.

Within a few seconds her phone beeped.

Yes ma'am.

Hermione just shook her head and put her phone down just as she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in." Hermione said.

Christine opened the door and walked in looking quite nervous.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked concerned.

"I'm just a bit nervous about the date," Christine replied.

"Being nervous is to be expected. It's not something I would worry about," Hermione answered.

"Thanks. Can I ask you a question?" Christine said.

"What's your secret?" Christine asked.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked nervously after she gotten over the surprise.

"You and Harry seem to get along so well and the two of you seem so comfortable around each other. How do you do it?" Christine inquired.

,

"There is no secret. The only thing I can say is to be yourself, " Hermione answered.

Christine nodded and said, "It's just that Harry's just this cute, amazing guy and I just don't want to mess this up you know?"

"I understand. He really is this cute, nice and sweet guy. And if you're being yourself and real then there really isn't anything to worry about. We can't control the way he feels," Hermione replied.

"You're right. I've got to go now and thanks." Christine replied giving her a quick hug.

"Have fun," Hermione replied with a smile although inside she was feeling a twinge of jealousy that she shook of.

`What am I doing feeling jealous for? I know that we had a great time on our date but we never talked about where it is going. Am I kidding myself?' Hermione thought to herself. And got up and proceeded down the stairs.

"Hey Hermione," Matthew said.

"Hi, how are you?" Hermione asked.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" Matthew asked.

"Good, can you spill anything about tonight's date?" Hermione asked.

"Sorry, I've got to go, shooting in a few minutes," Matthew replied.

"Get going," Hermione told him with a wave.

"As we said before the order of the individual dates was based on a draw. The lucky lady is…" Matthew said turning towards Harry as he walked in tossing a smile and wink towards Hermione.

"Christine, are you ready?" Harry asked offering his arm.

"I certainly am." Christine replied taking his arm.

"Have fun," Hermione said with a wave as she watched him walk through the door.

"So what do you want to do?" Allie asked.

"I don't know. I think I'm kind of tired and just stay in," Hermione replied with a yawn.

"I don't think so, now is a chance for us to bond and have some fun with just the two of us," Allie replied.

"So what do you suggest?" Hermione asked.

"I was thinking clubbing but I don't think that we're supposed to do that and its way too loud, There is this little festival going on a few streets down, we should go there," Allie answered.

"I don't know," Hermione answered.

"Come on it'll be fun. I always wanted to go to one" Allie replied.

"You've never been to one?" Hermione asked.

"I've never had a chance to go and it just seemed like a family thing to do," Allie answered.

"Okay, let me just go change and then we can head out," Hermione replied.

-->