Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter up. I had troubling finding time to write this chapter. I hope you guys like this chapter. I would like to thank of you for reviewing and commenting on this story and I hope that you are still enjoying the fic and will still continue to read and REVIEW.

Disclaimer: I disclaim. I don't own anything.

Chapter 6:

Harry was sitting in front of 15 pictures of the women that were left. It was hard to decide who to eliminate since he can gotten to know a lot of the women pretty well and didn't want to risk eliminating someone who could be his soulmate. So he had to rely on his gut instincts for now. He hoped that those feelings were right. The first picture he picked up was of Hermione and smiled. She looked so beautiful in that picture. One of the best pictures that she has ever taken. Then he looked over the pictures one by one until his final decision was made. A little while later there was a knock on the door signaling to him that it was time for the rose ceremony.

Harry took a deep breath and walked out the door. When he got there all the ladies had assembled into their rows. He looked at their smiling faces and he felt sad knowing that three of them would be sent home. He was very happy to be able to look into the eyes of someone familiar and who he knew would always support him no matter what. He caught Hermione's eye and smiled. She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Welcome ladies. Tonight is the second rose ceremony and as you can see that there are 12 roses that will be given out tonight. That means that 12 of you will receive a rose tonight. Good luck." Matthew spoke and stepped away and gave Harry the nod to continue.

Harry picked up his first rose and said, "Hermione." A few seconds later he said, "Will you accept this rose?"

Hermione smiled and said, "Of course I will" and gave him a kiss of the cheek.

Harry grinned back and reached for the second rose. He took a breath and said, "Christine."

When she arrived he asked, "Will you accept this rose?"

"Yes I'd love to." Christine answered with a grin and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Harry continued in this fashion until the last rose was given out.

"All of you who did not receive a rose can have a few moments to say goodbye." Matthew prompted.

Katie walked up to Harry and said, "I'm glad that I got a chance to know you and I want you to know that there are no hard feelings and I wish you the best of luck."

"Thanks Katie. I'm glad that I got to know you too." Harry replied with a smile.

As she left she past Isabelle who smirked at her and whispered to her and said, "I told you he could see what a fake you are."

"Everyone around here knows what kind of person you really are. It's just a matter of time before you get out so don't get too comfy." Katie responded back and gave her sweet smile.

After everyone else left, the woman remaining stood in a circle around Harry. Chloe, Christine, Allie, Stephanie, Isabelle, Lisa, Jennifer, Debbie, Sue, Lucy, Callie and Hermione raised their glasses to celebrate that they all were still here.

*~*~*~*~*

Back in their mansion all the girls were happy to see Katie go especially Isabelle. Now all the girls believed that was because that would mean that one of her toughest competitors was gone. Hermione was looking at the clock anxiously because she and Harry had a secret meeting tonight but she would have to wait until everyone else was asleep before she could sneak out. She couldn't help thinking about the great time that they had ice skating the other night. 'It was so sweet that he remembered how much she enjoyed being out their on the ice where she could just block out the rest of the world.'

Lisa was noticing that Hermione seemed anxious and asked, "Hermione, is something wrong?"

"What?… No, nothing." Hermione said after she snapped out of her thoughts.

"You seem a little anxious which is kind of strange because you're still here and he obviously likes you." Lisa explained.

"You think he likes me?" Hermione asked curiously.

"It was pretty obvious so I wouldn't worry about it." Lisa explained in a tone that Hermione suspected was envy.

"Does that bother you?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrow.

"If I said it didn't then it would obviously be a lie. I mean after all we all want Harry to like us and make it into the next round. I would just advise you to be careful who you trust and to watch your back." Lisa advised her.

"Is that a warning?" Hermione asked.

"No. I'm just giving you advice and I'm being honest. Whether or not you believe me is up to you." Lisa answered as she walked out the door.

"Hermione?" Jennifer asked as she walked in the room.

"Jennifer. What is it?" Hermione asked.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing." Jennifer explained.

"I'm good. What about you?" Hermione asked.

"Just glad that the ceremony is over and that I'm still here. I wish he'd kicked out Isabelle but I didn't like Katie either so it's still good." Jennifer explained.

Hermione just nodded and looked at the clock again.

"It's getting late isn't it?" Jennifer asked curiously.

"Yeah, I'm tired." Hermione lied.

"Well I'm tired too. I'll see you tomorrow." Jennifer answered walking back to her room.

About 20 minutes later, Hermione was finally able to sneak out of the house.

*~*~*~*~

Harry was waiting for Hermione to arrive. He knew that she would have to wait until all the other women were asleep before she could meet him but he was anxious to see her and talk to her alone. That way they could be completely open with each other without worrying that anyone else would discover that Hermione knew Harry from before.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. Harry grinned and opened it happy to see Hermione standing in front of his door looking slightly out of breath and flushed. He thought she looked pretty cute like that.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late but some of these women refused to go to bed so I had to wait for them to finally fall asleep." Hermione blurted out.

"It's okay, Hermione I understand. Take a deep breath." Harry said with a grin.

"Are you going to invite me in or let me freeze to death out here?" Hermione after awhile.

"No. I'd like to leave you here." Harry said.

Hermione's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to speak but Harry interrupted her, "Of course you can come in. I just wanted to see her expression."

Hermione just glared at him and headed into his house.

Harry chuckled to himself and asked, "So how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing okay I guess. I still don't like lying to them about things." Hermione admitted.

"I'm sure that they'd understand that you didn't want to." Harry reassured her.

"I hope so. So how are you enjoying yourself?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not complaining. This place that I'm staying in is really nice and I mean being able to hang out with 25 beautiful women is not bad." Harry answered.

"There are only 12 left now." Hermione corrected him with a grin.

"You're including yourself in the mix now are we?" Harry teased her.

"Well you included me first." Hermione responded with a blush.

"Well you are beautiful…but not right now." Harry responded with a grin.

"What do you mean not right now?" Hermione asked hitting his arm.

"Well, your hair is a mess and your make up…" Harry started to chuckle as he saw Hermione running her hand through her hair and headed towards the mirror.

Hermione looked in the mirror and saw that although her hair was a little bit messy but she wasn't wearing any makeup. She turned to Harry and said, "I'm not wearing any makeup and my hair is a little messy but that would be all your fault."

"How is that my fault?" Harry asked.

"If I wasn't rushing out to meet you then this wouldn't happen." Hermione explained.

"Hermione Granger, I didn't know that you would care so much about your appearance." Harry responded.

"This is about looking presentable and I do like to do that even if it's just you." Hermione answered with a playful tone.

"Just me? I'm hurt that someone I think of as my best friend doesn't think anything of me." Harry replied in a hurt tone.

"And as your best friend, I care a lot about you but that also gives me the right to tell you when you're being a pain in the ass or an arrogant jerk." Hermione explained.

"And I can tell you when you're being a know-it -all." Harry added.

"Yes you can but I take that as a compliment." Hermione answered with a smile.

"Well, Miss know-it-all, what did you think of my cuts tonight?" Harry asked.

"Well I definitely agree with Katie but I don't really know Carole or Karen that well." Hermione answered.

"Yeah it was sad to see some of them go." Harry commented.

"Oh… do you miss Katie?" Hermione asked.

"Well I'm sad you know because there could have been something good about her but I don't think that she's the one for me." Harry answered.

Hermione just nodded in agreement.

" I'm glad that you approve. So why don't you tell me your suspicions about some of the girls?" Harry asked.

"Well now that you ask…" Hermione told him his suspicions about the girls so far.

*~*~*~*~

By the time that Hermione got back to the mansion it was 5:00 am. Harry had spent most of the night talking and watching a few movies that they had lost track of time. Hermione walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water and saw Allie just sitting there.

"Allie, I was just going to get a drink of water." Hermione explained and startled to see her there.

"Guess we were both thirsty." Allie replied.

"So you like sitting in the dark?" Hermione asked.

"I was just resting my eyes. So where were you?" Allie asked innocently.

"I just went out for a walk. I needed some fresh air." Hermione quickly answered.

"You were out for quite a long time then. I just happened to drop something near your room and I noticed that there was nobody there so I decided to see if you were downstairs or something." Allie explained.

"Were you checking up on me?" Hermione asked angrily.

"I did it out of concern. What if something had happened to you?" Allie answered.

"Really? You were worried about me?" Hermione asked skeptically.

"Yes I was. So what were you really doing? Did you meet some other guy? Because that's against the rules." Allie explained.

"I wasn't okay. I really went for a walk." Hermione answered trying to avoid any more questions.

"Really you can tell me. I won't tell anyone." Allie asked.

"I was taking a long walk." Hermione answered and turned around.

"Whatever you say. Don't worry I won't say a word." Allie said tapping on her shoulder.

By the time Hermione got upstairs she really was getting suspicious of Allie. There was something off about her and the fact that she sat around in the dark was extremely creepy.

*~*~*~*~

The next morning Harry woke up with a smile on his face. He had a lot of fun hanging out with Hermione last night. It was fun and it was like old times. It was also felt really great to be able to completely be himself around Hermione. He didn't have to worry about anything because she knew him better than anyone else. He was really looking forward to the afternoon date he was having with the 6 girls. He hopes that they will have a good time and he looked forward to getting to know each of them a little better.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione woke up a bit later than usual because of her late night with Harry. Her suspicions of Allie also kept her up at night. He quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to get something to eat.

"Well someone must have had a late night last night." Isabelle commented as Hermione entered the kitchen.

Hermione turned to look at Allie who shook her head.

"Nobody told me. I heard some noise upstairs and I went out to see if someone was out there and I saw you enter your room." Isabelle replied.

"I just went out for some air." Hermione answered looking around the room.

"Did you meet some guy?" Callie asked.

"If you did. That is against the rules." Stephanie pointed out.

"I only went out for a walk." Hermione spoke up.

"Yeah right." Isabelle said under her breath.

"Back off. If Hermione said she was out for a walk then she was. She's not at all like you." Chloe responded.

"Yeah not everyone lies like you." Jennifer added.

"Well if it isn't the three musketeers? All for one and one for all? Please. If you keep this up none of you will be around for very long." Isabelle replied.

"Well and I guess that being the way you are is better?" Chloe asked.

"Well its better than having someone else stab you in the back." Isabelle answered.

Just the Sue came in and said, "Our plans are here."

"What does it say?" Isabelle asked.

"I'm afraid it doesn't include you." Sue responded looking at the names on the envelope.

"Who's it for?" Hermione asked.

"Callie, Chloe, Jennifer, Lucy, Allie and me." Sue replied.

"What does it say?" Allie asked.

The note read as follows:

Dear ladies,

I hope you've all had a good night's rest. I look forward to spending time with each of you. So get ready for lots of fun in the sun. Remember to bring your swim suit. I'll be here to pick you up at one.

Harry

"I'm excited about this" Callie exclaimed.

"Yeah I love being outdoors" Jennifer added.

"I've always love the water" Chloe replied.

"I'm sure that it will be fun" Sue added.

"We only have a few hours to get ready" Allie replied looking at the time.

And with that all of those six girls rushed upstairs to get ready for their date with Harry.

Hermione walked over and looked at the note and smiled and wishing that she was going with them.

"You'll have your chance tomorrow" Lisa replied.

"I know" Hermione answered and then she heard a loud thud coming from the stairs.

Hermione looked up and saw Jennifer, "What is it?"

"Do you think you could help us pick something to wear?" Jennifer asked.

"Sure." Hermione answered and headed upstairs.

*~*~*~*~

Harry knocked on the door and saw Isabelle.

"Hello." Harry responded.

"Hi, its good to see you" Isabelle answered with a smile.

"So are they ready yet?" Harry asked.

"They will be in a little while" Isabelle answered with a smile and walked to the kitchen.

Just then he saw Hermione walking down the stairs looking very refreshed and lovely in just a simple sweater and skirt.

"Hey. They're be down in a few minutes" Hermione answered looking at Harry's questioning gaze.

"Crazy up there?" He asked.

"Incredibly. I don't know what they see in you." Hermione teased him.

"You don't? Well there must be something good about me or a certain someone wouldn't be my best friend " Harry responded.

"Well I guess you do have good taste in best friends" She answered with a grin.

Harry was about to say something else but heard a giggling sound.

Callie had entered first looking vibrant and very pretty with her wavy brown hair down wearing a pleaded brown skirt and a white short sleeved button shirt.

Next came down Lucy wearing a yellow tank top and a gray skirt that looked very nice on her.

Sue came down afterwards wearing a pink blouse and a flowery skirt that accentuated her features well.

Chloe came down next looking stunning in her white tank dress, which showed off her muscular legs.

Jennifer came down a few seconds later wearing a light blue tank top and matching skirt that highlighted her eyes.

Last of all came down Allie wearing her black curly hair up in a ponytail and a sundress and Harry thought she looked very naturally beautiful.

"Are you ladies ready to go?" Harry asked with a smile.

"You bet we are." Allie answered.

"Great." Harry answered leading the ladies outside.

Once all the women got inside the limo, Callie asked, "So where are we going?"

"We're heading to one of the most beautiful beaches around here." Harry answered promptly.

"So are we going swimming or doing other things?" Jennifer asked.

"I was figuring that we could go water skiing." Harry replied.

"I've always wanted to go water skiing." Lucy exclaimed.

"I'm glad that you're going to enjoy that." Harry replied.

"So how many of you have done this before?" Harry asked.

"I went once but it was a long time ago, I don't think I'd remember how." Chloe answered.

"Don't worry I'll teach you guys and we'll have a professional close by just in case." Harry answered.

"Great." Jennifer replied.

"So Harry, what kind of music do you like?" Sue asked.

"Music? I like all kinds of music but I prefer rock music but I tend to enjoy most genres." Harry answered and smiled at how spending more time with Hermione had rounded off his taste in music and he now enjoyed a lot of the music and Hermione enjoyed.

"I enjoy most genres myself but I like classical opera right now." Allie chimed in.

"Really? I've been exploring that myself and some of those old operas are really incredible. Ever head madam butterfly?" Harry asked intrigued.

"I loved that opera it was always heartbreaking to me." Allie replied.

"What's your favorite Chloe?" Harry asked.

"I love Mozart. He is incredible but my favorite opera is the phantom of the opera." Chloe answered after some thought.

"That is a tragic one. I enjoyed it, the original london cast was incredible." Harry answered.

"Yeah Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman are great but the real genious has to be Andrew Lloyd Webber." Chloe replied.

"His music is incredible." Harry answered with a smile and turned to Jennifer and asked what about you?

"I listen to mainly classical music but I do enjoy certain pop tunes. I love Josh Groban." Jennifer answered.

"He has such an amazing voice." Sue replied.

"You like him too?" Jennifer asked.

"I think he's really talented." Sue replied with a smile and turned to Harry and asked, "Have you heard him?"

Harry smiled at their exchange and answered, " I think I saw him once on tv and thought he sounded pretty good. So Debbie what do you like?"

"Well I love Beyonce, maroon 5 and all sorts of songs from different groups. I also love country music. I love Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw." Debbie answered.

"I love country music myself." Lucy put in.

"Who's your favorite singer?" Harry asked.

"I love Tim Mcgraw and I'm also enjoy listen to gospel music. They are so inspirational and just gives me hope for the future." Lucy answered.

"I remember listening to gospel music once and I agree that they really do inspire people. What about you Callie? " Harry replied.

"I like R&B music or anything with soul." Callie responded.

Just then they had arrived at their location and everything got out. Once they got there they met with their instructor Rob who gave each of them a life jacket and they lead them to the boat. Once they got their instructions, he headed over to talk to the pilot.

"So who wants to go first?" Harry asked.

Chloe stepped up first.

"Great." Harry said warmly.

Harry went out into the water with Chloe because they were taking two people at once.

Harry was surprised at how much she actually remembered.

Chloe started out doing pretty well but lost her footing somehow and fell.

"That was great. It's easy to lose your footing." Harry told her with a grin.

"Yeah, it was just weird. I had no idea what happened." Chloe replied looking confused.

Callie went next but didn't do as well as Chloe and neither did Sue or Lucy.

Jennifer lasted longer than anyone but Chloe but also ended up falling.

Allie went last and didn't start out very well and Harry offered to help her but she maintained that she wanted to do it herself and somehow pulled herself up and managed to water ski pretty well.

Her determination and talent at picking up new skills impressed Harry.

The other women however weren't so impressed.

After wards everyone went swimming and they managed all to have a good time.

Once they got back home, Chloe and Jennifer fell on their beds.

"Exhausted are we?" Hermione asked.

"I'm very tired and hungry but we had fun." Chloe answered with a smile.

"Did anything happen?" Hermione inquired.

"Well Allie happened." Chloe commented.

"What did she do?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing really instead show us up on water skiing." Jennifer replied.

"But what happened was just so strange. I was doing well and then I felt somehow strange or different and I slipped. I don't know how that could have happened. And then she was doing so poorly at first but then by the end she was one of the best." Chloe explained.

"Did you feel it too?" Hermione asked Jennifer.

"A little bit tired but I didn't think anything of it. Water skiing is a tiring sport." Jennifer answered.

"So what did Harry think of her?" Hermione asked.

"He seemed impressed by her." Chloe replied.

"Oh." Hermione responded feeling sad and thinking to herself that there was definitely something different about Allie and she knew she had to find out what that was for Harry's sake.

So what did you guys think about this chapter? Who do you want out and what do you guys think of Allie? Things are getting more interesting I hope.