Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed this story. It means so much to mean that you guys have stuck with me on this. This chapter was sort of hard to write in a way and I hope that you enjoy it. I had to take some time and read up on some dances for this chapter and I really hope that you enjoy it. This has some of the H/hr fluff that you guys have been waiting for. Now what happens here I wrote because it needed to happen to move the story along and I really hope that you guys continue to enjoy this update and continue to review.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. See Chapter 1.

Chapter 15

All the girls nervously got ready to meet Harry in the foyer anxiously awaiting his decision for the first group of girls for an afternoon date and then an evening date with one individual girl. Hermione was quite on edge herself because she was quite unsure of whom Harry was going to choose to go on this group date with him. She was really hoping that he would choose her to be part of this group date because that would mean that it was possible that he might actually have feelings for her. She was pretty sure that she would not be picked for the individual date because her part in the show was to play the spy and that was all she could be.

Harry walked into the foyer with a nervous heart because he never wanted to hurt anybody's feelings but it was the way the show worked and was greeted by one of the producers.

"Hello Mr. Potter," Ken responded.

"It's good to see you too," Harry answered with a smile.

"I wanted to let you know there has been a schedule change and that you will be having the individual date only today and the group date will be set for tomorrow," Ken explained.

"Do the women know yet?" Harry inquired.

"We will explain it to them in a moment. There has been a scheduling conflict so we had to move one of the dates. I hope that doesn't cause you any problems," Ken replied.

"Of course not, I'm quite excited to see who the individual date is with," Harry said with a smile.

"I'm sure that you will be quite surprised," Ken replied with a grin.

"Good afternoon ladies, there has been a change in schedule and the group date will be set for tomorrow but you will still find out his choices for the group date today," Matthew replied as he entered the mansion.

The girls were disappointed but they would at least know who he would choose for the date. They all stood anxiously awaiting Harry's decision.

"Mr. Potter will choose three girls to receive the first group date but before he makes his decision we would like to announce which one of you will receive the individual date tonight," Matthew replied.

Matthew passed out some envelopes to the six remaining ladies and then said, "Would the individual who received the date please step forward?"

"I am," Hermione replied as she stood forward.

Harry noticed that she looked quite shocked and in a way so was he.

Chloe and Christine smiled and congratulated Hermione with a smile and a quick hug as they stood back into place

"Now Mr. Potter will announce the three women out of the remaining women to go on the group date tomorrow night," Matthew answered.

"My choices for the group date are Christine, Allie and Callie," Harry announced after taking a deep breath.

Christine, Allie and Callie smiles grew larger as they heard their names announced.

"Congratulations to each of you and now it is time for the individual date to being," Matthew announced.

"Shall we?" Harry asked offering his arm to Hermione.

Hermione smiled slightly and took his arm as they walked out of the mansion.

"You look lovely," Harry whispered in her ear.

Hermione blushed in response as she looked down at her blue halter style gown with layered chiffon and a cut down the thigh of her leg showing off strong legs and accentuating her skinny waist and shapely arms.

"Where are we off to today?" Hermione asked.

"I have no idea but I see that you were quite surprised to be chosen," Harry added.

"Of course I was. The producers know who I really am so I wouldn't think that it would make any sense to chose me at all," Hermione explained.

"I wasn't as surprised," Harry told him.

"Why?" Hermione inquired.

"Because of how lovable you are and since the decision is based on a popularity poll, it is highly likely that the audience would like you," Harry explained.

"Well, when you put it like that, it does seem to make sense but I guess I would have thought that the producers wouldn't have let something like this to happen. But then again, the audience does not know who the spy is at this point in time and they wouldn't want them to get suspicious if I did happen to win the poll" Hermione replied.

"Now there's the confidence that I like to see," Harry added as they entered the limousine

Once inside they found an envelope containing a note telling them to turn on the television and play the video.

"It's a good thing that we know all about muggle devices or else things could get really complicated on the show," Hermione commented.

"I agree," Harry added with a chuckle and played the video.

The video showed a magnificent building with marble halls and two beautifully dressed dancers announcing that that they were going to teaching the both of them how to dance the Tango.

"I've always wanted to learn to dance the Tango. Did you know that the Tango originated in Montevideo and is formed from a mix of different cultures. African, Indian, Latin and Argentina influences to form a new popular music. It originally was a dance used to communicate emotions, sexual energy and contained suggestive motions. In the early 1900's it evolved to become less vulgar and gained popularity in high society," Hermione replied eagerly.

"I had no idea you know so much about the Tango," Harry replied amused.

"I happen to know a lot about many other things that you don't know about," Hermione replied in a teasing tone.

"That I am not surprised by," Harry said laughing.

Hermione hit him on the arm playfully and replied, "What is so funny about that?"

"Nothing, I was just picturing you during 7th year completely hidden behind all of your books," Harry answered after a moment.

"I did not have that many books," Hermione replied in a defensive tone.

"You were a complete bookworm," Harry interjected.

"I happen to enjoy reading. There is nothing wrong with that," Hermione answered sitting back.

"I never said that there was anything wrong with it. I just thought that it was an amusing memory that I like to hold on to," Harry explained with a smile.

"Why would you want to hold onto a memory like that?" Hermione asked.

"It was during a happy time in my life. When I met you and Ron and I like to have something that I can make fun of you for," Harry replied playfully.

Hermione just punched him lightly in the arm and then said, "We're stopped. We must be here."

The limousine stopped in front of a large building with many windows and the driver quickly opened the door to let the two of them out.

Harry and Hermione walked into the building to be met by a very elegantly dressed woman and man.

"You must be Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger. My name is Alex and this is my partner Johanna. We are here to teach you the Argentine Tango," Alex greeted them with a smile.

"Thank you," Harry replied shaking Alex's hand.

"I'm ready to learn. Thanks so much for teaching us," Hermione replied as he kissed her hand.

"The Tango's basic step is one of the most recognizable steps so it is very important to remember to take all of your steps in the direction that you are traveling," Alex told them.

"Okay so first of all, Harry you will be taking heel-to-toe steps. On the first beat step forward with your left foot slowly and on the second beat step forward with your right slowly. On the first half of the third beat step forward with your left foot quickly. On the second half of the third beat step slightly forward to the right side with your right leg. On the beat four drag your left foot up the side of your right leg," Joanna explained.

"Now Hermione, you will be taking toe-to-heel steps. On the first beat step back with your right leg slowly, and on the second beat step back with your left leg slowly and on the first half of the third beat step back with your right leg quickly. On the second half of the third beat step slightly back and to the left side with your left leg and on the fourth beat drag your right foot up the side of your left leg," Alex explained.

Johanna and then Alex proceeded to show Harry and Hermione what the basic step looks like slowly and the quickly.

"Why don't you try it out by yourselves?" They asked.

Harry and Hermione stood facing each other and took a quick breath and listen to the beat before Harry started to follow the instructions. At first Harry kept on looking at his feet and stepped on Hermione's toes as she was quite a quick study.

"Sorry Hermione," Harry said embarrassed.

"It's alright, you were never a very good dancer," Hermione replied with a slight smile.

"That was just that one time," Harry exclaimed.

"When we were first practicing you were horrible at dancing but after some practicing you were quite good," Hermione explained after a moment.

"I will master this quite quickly," Harry said with confidence and then he stumbled causing Hermione to giggle.

"It's not that funny. This is actually hard," Harry muttered glaring at her.

"I told you that your ego would cause you problems," Hermione said laughing hard.

Alex walked towards them and offered his hand to Hermione and turned to Harry and said, "Let me show you again."

Alex expertly place his hand on lower back and showed Harry his steps again and Hermione followed not as fast at fast but soon was able to follow his steps.

"That was great Hermione. You're a natural," Alex complimented.

Hermione blushed at his compliment and replied, "It's because I have a great teacher."

Harry felt a twang of jealousy as she saw Hermione blush at the handsome teacher and decided to step in.

"I think I can try again," Harry added taking her arm and walking a bit away.

"What was that about?" Hermione asked curiously.

"What was what?" Harry asked innocently.

"The whole grab my arm and walk away thing," Hermione replied.

"Nothing, I just wanted to practice," Harry responded.

"You didn't want me around him do you?" Hermione replied her eyes twinkling.

"Why would I care?" Harry answered looking away.

"Because you're jealous of him because he's a good dancer and a handsome man," Hermione explained.

"You think he's handsome?" Harry asked.

"Anybody with eyes would ay that about him Harry," Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"Well I am not jealous," Harry replied firmly.

"Okay then. Well I think you're better looking," Hermione whispered in his ear.

Harry instantly began to relax and a smile crossed his face which Hermione noticed but decided not to comment on.

After about another half an hour of practice, Harry seemed to have gotten the hang of the basic step.

"Good now we can proceed to the next step. Harry, on the first half of the first beat step forward with your left hand and then as you are taking the step give a small pull on the follower's back with your right hand which tells your partner that you are leading the hesitation instead of the basic. On the second half of the first beat then bring your right foot up beside your left foot and then lightly tough the left foot to the floor. During the first half of the second beat, step back with your right left and the guide your partner towards you with your right hand. During the second half of the second beat bring your left foot beside your right by lightly touch the foot to the floor. Give a slight lean with your should into your partner's left hand so they can sense the change in direction. On the first half of the third beat step forward with your left leg and on the second half of the third beat step slightly forward and to the right side with your right. And on the fourth beat drag your left foot up to the side of your right. And Hermione you just do the opposite," Alex explained.

Harry nodded and slowly began to follow the instructions and placed his had behind the small of Hermione back and proceed to step forward and back and leaning in when he wanted turn and was amazed at how well Hermione responded to his change in direction. It was as if she could sense what he wanted to do before he was going to do it.

`You two are doing very well. The two of you have a good partnership," Alex commented as he watched them.

"Now Harry, please pull your partner towards you with your right hand behind her back. Hermione place your left hand of Harry's upper arm just above his biceps and push against him but both of them should be done gently," Johanna explained.

Hermione followed the directions and felt a tingle crawl up her spine as they touched and continued to dance quite closely and turned their heads to step forward and to the side in a four beat pattern, the cheeks touching for a few minutes. As they changed directions, they turned the hands and locked hands once again. They continued practicing like this for about an hour.

"The two of you are doing amazingly well, why don't you try putting it all together now and start dancing for yourselves," Alex responded and gave Harry and Hermione a hug.

"It's great to meet the both of you," Johanna answered with a smile and gave Harry and Hermione a hug and kiss on the cheek before they both left the two of them alone.

Harry and Hermione nodded and turned to face each other as they waited for the music la Rosita to start about and then the faced each other and raised their arms up in their upright positions and Harry led quickly for a first step and Hermione mirrored his actions perfectly and pretty soon Harry had forgotten that there was anyone else in the room and couldn't help but think about how soft her skin felt against his and how good it felt to hold her in his arms. When they turned to face each other again and their eyes met and he noticed how beautiful she looked and she dragged her leg up and placed it up against his torso as she lightly ran her hand against his tight abs. He then slid his hand up her thigh lightly before dipping her backwards and brought her back upward and lightly stroked her cheek. At that particular moment, all he could think about was how soft and luscious her lips were and how it would feel to kiss her. He leaned down and after a moment of hesitation his lips touched hers and he kissed her softly at first. Hermione was surprised at first but after only a moment of hesitation she kissed him back while running her hands through his hair and relished the feel of his hair and this moment.

Harry deepened the kiss as his hands pulled her closer to him causing Hermione to lose her balance and tumble to the ground, dragging Harry down to the floor with her since their legs were intertwined. They both landed on the floor with Harry on top of her. They stared at each other in the eyes until they heard some voice asking if they were alright.

They quickly untangled themselves and knocked Harry out of his reverie and said, "I'm sorry."

"It's not a big deal. You didn't mean to land on top of me did you," Hermione replied reassuringly.

"That's not what I meant," Harry said softly.

What are you sorry about?" Hermione asked nervously.

"I let myself get carried away by the music and I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have kissed you like that. I mean you're my best friend and I shouldn't have taken advantage of you," Harry explained.

"You didn't take advantage of me. Wait a minute. Are you saying that you're sorry that you kissed me?" Hermione asked quietly.

"I'm sorry that it happened," Harry said softly afraid to look up.

"Okay so if you had another chance you wouldn't have kissed me?" Hermione asked again with tears threatening to leave her eyes.

Harry nodded.

Hermione slapped him hard and said loudly, "I can't believe you did this to me."

She then turned around and ran off.

Harry ran after her yelling, "Hermione." But she wouldn't listen to him and she couldn't return to the mansion for fear of questions.

Harry was really mad at himself for hurting her. It wasn't that he didn't want to kiss her because he knew that he did. The truth was that he believed that she didn't feel that way about him. He needed to do something to get her to forgive him. He had never seen her so upset before and he couldn't bear to see her hurting like this. Was he really falling for her? Harry was beginning to believe that he really was but he wasn't sure. Maybe he really was just caught up in the moment.

Hermione was walking around aimlessly with tears in her eyes as she thought through the events of the night. The whole evening had been going so well and she could feel the connection between them growing and they were having tons of fun. She couldn't believe that she let it get so far. Why did she let him kiss him and kiss him back? Why did she let herself believe once again that Harry might actually return the feelings that she had for him which she now knew that she had. Them moment that their lips met she knew that it was right. She thought that he had felt it too but now she knew that he could only see her as his best friend and nothing more.

She was angry at herself for making such a big deal out of what had happened. Now she would have to explain to him why she was mad at him. The truth was that she wasn't really angry at Harry. She was angry with herself. She should have stopped it but she knew she needed to stay angry at Harry in order for her to stop thinking about other things. The fact remains the same. He really shouldn't have kissed her like that if he didn't mean it.

By the time she got home into the mansion, it was really late and all the other women were asleep so she went up to her room really quietly without saying a word to anyone. She didn't feel up to any questions tonight since she was emotionally exhausted and went into in dreamless sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning, Hermione woke up nice and early and once again she was glad because she still needed some time to think before she could face any of their questions of her fellow housemates. She decided to go out for a walk in the morning to clear her head. When she opened the door she found a bouquet of roses and lilies which were her favourite flowers.

"Harry," Hermione muttered to herself and was about to walk back inside when she felt someone grab her arm.

"Hermione please," Harry said as he pulled her towards him.

"What is there left to say?" Hermione asked him coldly.

"Hermione just listen to what I have to say okay?" Harry pleaded with his puppy dog eyes because he knew she could not resist them.

Hermione's heart softened and said, "Okay, I'll give you 5 minutes."

"I couldn't sleep well last night after what happened between us. All I could see was your face and I just couldn't let it stand like that. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry that I was such an idiot. It's not that I didn't want to kiss you or that it was bad because you're not bad at all. I mean…. I just don't want it ruin our friendship," Harry blabbered on.

"What are you trying to say?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrows quite confused.

"Look what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to lose you as a friend. You're too important to me. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Harry asked softly.

"You won't lose me. You could never lose me. I just need some time to myself okay? Maybe it's for the best if we forgot that it ever happened," Hermione suggested with a sinking heart as she realized that he didn't want to be with her the way she wanted to be with him.

"If that's what you want," Harry replied earnestly.

"It is," Hermione replied softly as she turned inside.

"Are we okay?" Harry asked with a desperation in his voice.

Hermione turned and looked into his eyes and she saw regret, desperation, sadness and hope and replied. "Yes. I mean we will be."

As Harry watched her walk back inside he felt a tiny tug in his heart as if he was losing something very important to him. He had felt that way especially after Hermione wanted him to forget that the kiss ever happened. She obviously didn't feel the way that he did about the kiss. For him it was something that he could not forget.


-->