Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: I'm once again really sorry for the long wait for the next chapter. I had just so much going on that I didn't have time to write. I've decided just to post this instead of making you guys wait any longer. I hope to have the next chapter up next week. I will be posting my progress of this story on my livejournal so you guys don't always have to wonder when or if I'm continuing this story. My username is usa_aurorheaven. I will be also posting some extra stuff there if I get a chance such as like other versions of stuff I wrote or little stuff I decided not to include into the story or maybe like other people's reactions to the episode. Some of this stuff might be friends locked so if you want to be included just let me know. Thanks.

Chapter 11:

Harry sat down anxiously as he waited for his date to begin. He had always been nervous before his dates but he was especially nervous today because he didn't know what Hermione was going to ask him to talk about with the other women.

Just then the phone rang and Harry picked it up and heard, "Don't worry about it so much Harry. Relax because as I told you before I won't do anything too horrible to you," Hermione said.

"If you were me, wouldn't you be worried too?" He asked.

"Maybe just a little but I would at least TRUST that one of my best friends would know what they are doing," she retorted.

"I do trust you but I can't help but be nervous," Harry replied.

"Don't be so tense. You're no fun when you're nervous and I bet that the other girls will think so too," Hermione advised him.

"I can't relax when you're telling me to relax," Harry answered.

"Fine, do you remember the time in third year with Neville's boggart?" she asked after a while.

Harry had to laugh at the thought of seeing Snape in a dress and replied, "That was definitely a sight that I wouldn't want to miss."

"You're more relaxed now aren't you?" Hermione asked.

"I am. Thanks Hermione," he answered.

"No problem, now remember to wear that pin I gave you," she reminded.

"I wish that I could forget," Harry muttered to himself.

"What did you say?" Hermione asked.

Harry quickly sat down to keep himself from sounding nervous and with a big smile answered, "No."

Hermione just shook her head and smiled that knowing look of hers and added, " Don't worry about forgetting to wear your pin because I will definitely make sure that you will have one to wear."

"I knew I would always be able to count on you," he replied with a sigh.

Hermione just laughed and said, "Why don't you just go on and get ready for your date."

"I'll talk to you later," Harry replied and hung up.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione was sitting on her bed with a smug smile on her face. She walked over to her mirror and looked at her reflection. She looked presentable but she found herself wanting to look nice for harry even if he would only see her for a couple of minutes. She decided to change her shirt. She then after a second thought changed into a skirt and a blue blouse. Then she quickly brushed her hair and put on some lip-gloss. She then looked at her watch and smiled and quickly grabbed the extra pin she had enchanted just in case Harry pretended to forget his pin. Then she proceeded to slowly walk down the stairs.

A few minutes later she heard the doorbell ring and she went to open it. When she saw him she gave him a quick hug and asked, "Are you wearing it?"

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Harry whispered back.

Hermione just gave him a tiny smile and slipped something into the palm of his hand and then walked up the stairs into her room.

Harry quickly looked into the palm of his hand and saw a folded piece of paper. He opened it up and saw her neat handwriting on it and smiled. She wrote: Don't look so scared Harry. This is going to be fun. And you trust me don't you?

"Of course I do," Harry said.

"I'm glad that you do or I would have to knock some sense into you," Hermione replied with a sly grin.

"I'm hurt that you would think that I'm such a terrible friend," Harry whispered making a sad face.

"Don't you even start that Mr. Potter, you know exactly what I meant," Hermione replied back with an amused look on her face.

Harry couldn't help but smile and answered, "I do. Okay so now you're satisfied that I'm wearing it now aren't you?"

"Well I knew you weren't going to back down," Hermione answered with a little chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked.

"Well, you've never backed out of any challenge even if it was stupid or dangerous," Hermione answered.

"I don't remember any of them being stupid," Harry retorted back.

"Come on the one during first year?" Hermione asked.

"It was Malfoy and it wasn't stupid because it was about my honor," Harry answered.

"You could have been killed or expelled and honestly it wasn't even necessary," Hermione answered back.

"I would have gone if it wasn't for you," Harry answered.

"Well someone had to stop you from doing something stupid," Hermione responded.

"You've always been there for me. But we weren't even friends then why were you there?" Harry asked.

"I've told you before, I just felt like I knew something about you from reading and I couldn't just stand by and let you do something stupid when I knew about it. It didn't feel right," Hermione answered quickly.

"Well I can believe that Hermione. You always did want to help others," Harry answered back.

"Now remember not to talk to me too much during you date," Hermione reminded him.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Because nobody knows that you're talking to me so they'll think you talking to yourself," Hermione explained with a sigh.

"Oh, yeah that was one of the things I was worried about before," Harry whispered back sheepishly.

"What am I going to do with you?" Hermione teased him.

"You'll be there for me right?" Harry asked.

"Of course but you might not always want me around," Hermione answered mumbling the last part.

Harry caught on and said, "I'll never be too busy for you Hermione. Remember that I here for you if you ever need me."

"Thanks," Hermione replied in a happier tone.

"I'll talk to you later, I think they're coming," Harry added.

"I know, I can hear footsteps outside my door. Have fun." Hermione said with a laugh.

"Do they sound excited?" Harry asked anxiously.

"You will find out when they come down. A little impatient aren't we?" Hermione asked amused.

"A little," Harry admitted.

"Don't be, you're a very likeable guy," Hermione told him.

"Well this time it's different. First o all these are muggle women and I'm not sure they like me," Harry answered.

"All women basically want the say personality features in guys the only difference is that they know nothing about magic and they wouldn't about your life before which was what you wanted right?" Hermione asked.

"I do but it's also hard because magic is a big part of my life and there are just some things that I can't talk about and I get stuck on topics to discuss," Harry admitted.

"You have nothing to worry about then, if you ever run out of topics to talk about I can help you," Hermione assured him.

"That's right. You will be able to help me won't you?" Harry said and he brightened.

"Now there you are, you are so much cuter when you smile," Hermione commented.

"You know I still find it weird that you can see me," Harry commented.

"Well I think that it is a good thing that I can though," Hermione added.

"Why?" Harry asked curiously.

"Because if I couldn't see what you were doing I wouldn't be very much help to you would I?" Hermione clarified.

"That's true. Did I tell you I'm glad you're here?" Harry asked.

"Yeah but I'm always happy to hear that. I hope you hold on to that thought later on too," Hermione teased him.

Harry physically paled.

Hermione just giggled and said, "They're almost near you so look happy.

Harry took a deep breath and turned his head towards the staircase.

The ladies came out one at a time in semi-formal clothing and gave Harry a kiss on the cheek as they reached him.

"Rather to go ladies?" Harry asked as he went over to open the door.

The ladies nodded enthusiastically as the followed him out to the door and into the limousine.

Once inside Harry asked, "So do you have any guesses to where we are going tonight?"

"Not really." Sue answered.

"Well you didn't give us many hints," Allie pointed out.

"You note was incredibly broad but if I were to venture a guess would be our location would be down-town somewhere," Christine replied after a though.

"Now that's a good answer," Hermione commented to Harry.

Harry just smiled.

"What are you smiling at?" Chloe asked curiously.

"I'm just happy to see all of you," Harry answered quickly.

"Really smooth," Hermione said watching with a smile.

Harry resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

Hermione saw this and giggled again and decided to save him from looking like an idiot for much longer said, "Harry, tell them where you are taking them."

"Okay I decided not to keep you in suspense any longer. We're not doing anything fancy but we are going into a nice uptown bar where there is a great Japanese chef will cook for us and afterwards we can just talk and play a game of pool," Harry revealed.

"That sounds fun," Christine replied with a smile.

"I do love Japanese food," Chloe commented.

Allie and Sue nodded in agreement.

Harry's grin broadened and answered, "I'm glad to hear it. It would be horrible if any of you hated Japanese food."

"It does sound fun Harry. Good choice." Hermione told him and then after a thought decided to tease him again, "I mean this place is casual and not that many people are around so it'll be a great place for you do your dare."

Hermione watched Harry visually tense up and she had to stifle her giggle.

"Are you okay?" Sue asked concerned.

Harry put on a smile and said, "I'm fine."

He whispered to Hermione, "What did you mean by that?"

"What did you say?" Sue asked.

"I just said that you have nothing to worry about," Harry answered.

"You'd better be more careful or they're going to think you're talking to yourself," Hermione warned him teasingly.

Harry wisely chose to heed her advice and decided not to respond.

"Let the games begin," Hermione added to herself with a smile.


-->