Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: So sorry about the long wait between updates but yeah I had computer problems again and I had to start this chapter all over again and then I was busy with school and family stuff. So I did enjoy the final book and it was great one despite the epilogue. I hope you guys enjoy and that you review. Thanks with sticking with me.

Chapter 28

"Allie, you're back," Hermione replied rubbing her eyes.

"Of course I'm here, where else would I be? Or maybe you just didn't want me to come back?" Allie replied.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I wanted you to come back," Hermione answered.

"Good then. But out of curiosity, what did you think would happen to me?" Allie asked as she took out a pan.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"I mean what did you think that Carlineux would do to me? Cut me into little pieces or Torture me?" Allie asked again in a mocking tone of voice and a small laugh.

"I don't know. But she did say that the person Harry didn't choose wouldn't get to leave," Hermione answered.

"She didn't mean it in the way that you think she meant it. She just meant that we wouldn't all leave together and that we wouldn't get to leave right away," Allie added.

"Well maybe she wouldn't do that to you but she could have done something to me," Hermione added.

"She wouldn't do anything as horrible as you imagine. She's not that type of person and I know because we're close," Allie retorted.

"How close are the two of you?" Hermione asked again.

"Well if you must know, I think of her like a sister I never had," Allie replied.

"How well do you know her and how did you guys meet?" Hermione asked pointedly.

"Why do you want to know?" Allie asked as she walked over the table and sat down.

"Because you said you guys are close so I would like to know what type of person that she really is," Hermione answered.

"Well not that I have to tell you but I don't mind telling you that we met through the school program," Allie answered.

"What kind of school program?" Hermione asked.

"A kind of school mentoring program, where older students help out the younger ones," Allie added grabbing a pan.

"How are you guys matched up?" Hermione inquired.

"I don't know but I supposed randomly or through similarities. They never explained how it works to me," Allie answered opening the fridge.

"So when was this program started?" Hermione asked.

"During my third year I guess. I thought that was a really great idea to do this program because I had a lot of questions and it felt good to be able to talk to another student closer to my age," Allie replied.

"You mean that they started it while you were in the school?" Hermione asked surprised.

"I don't actually know," Allie replied.

"Don't you find it strange that they started the program while you were in your third year?" Hermione asked.

"Well, I only heard it about in my third year and they said that they have been thinking about this program for a long time," Allie replied.

"So what did you guys talk about?" Hermione asked.

"School and how I felt about everything. She listened to me talk about all my problems and helped me to choose classes and gave me tons of advice. She reassured me when I was feeling down and helped me out a lot. As you probably know I did seem to have some anger issues towards my upbringing and not having parents. She suggested that I get counseling and stuff like that. She really is like my sister," Allie commented.

"So after you went to schools, you guys still kept in touch?" Hermione asked.

"Of course, she helped me out while I was at NYU and she even helped me find a private eye to find my information about my parents," Allie explained.

`She introduced you to the private investigator?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah she said he was a family friend and I'm glad that she did," Allie answered.

"What do you know about Carlineux's life?" Hermione asked.

"Well I know that she's a caring person and helps people who need it," Allie answered.

"I mean what does she do for a living?" Hermione asked again.

"I'm not actually sure. From what she's told me she and some of her friends have started a group together and they try to help as many people as they can," Allie answered.

"What are they helping people with?" Hermione asked again.

"I don't really know and I haven't really ever asked. What's with the third degree?" Allie asked turning back around.

"Sorry, I just wanted to learn more about your friends," Hermione asked.

"Look, what do you want from me?" Allie asked.

"I want for us to be able to get to know each other and maybe we can be friends," Hermione answered.

"Really? I don't think that friends give each other the third degree?" Allie commented.

"I don't mean to make you feel that way. I just want to know more about you," Hermione added.

"You really think that we could be friends after everything that's happened?" Allie asked looking a bit skeptical.

"I do, I know that I never gave you a fair chance and it was wrong just to past judgment on you without getting to know you and I was hoping you could give me that chance as well," Hermione explained.

"I don't know. You told me that you just couldn't forget everything that happened. And now you want to get to know me? How do I know that you aren't doing this to turn me in?" Allie asked angrily.

"I know that I said that but I also know that you didn't want to hurt anybody and like you said you didn't actually do anything so I've been thinking that since you're not going to do that anymore that I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. You're not going to do anything like that anymore right?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know, when the occasion rises I might," Allie replied nonchalantly.

"Allie, please," Hermione said with a pleading look in her eye.

"I'm kidding, I'm not going to do anything like that again. Not because of anything you said but because it's not something that I ever wanted to do," Allie admitted.

"Okay so you think that you could give a chance?" Hermione asked again carefully.

"Do you want some eggs?" Allie asked after a moment.

"What?" Hermione asked surprised.

"Look, I can't promise you anything but I am willing to give a try. Don't expect too much though," Allie replied after a moment.

"I won't. That's great," Hermione said as a smile lit up her face.

"I was going to make some eggs so I was wondering if you wanted anything," Allie asked slowly.

"Sure, I like my eggs fried," Hermione replied pleasantly surprised.

"I like my eggs sunny-side up," Allie added with a small smile.

"What else do you like with your breakfast?" Hermione asked smiling in return.

"Well normally I like to have toast and a banana. What about you?" Allie asked.

"I usually add some bacon and I like toast and some fruit. Do you like milk?" Hermione asked.

"I don't really say that I like it but I've always had a glass to help my growth," Allie answered with a smile.

"Do you want any help?" Hermione asked.

"Well if you don't mind, you could maybe make the toast?" Allie asked.

"Sure," Hermione replied with a smile.

*~*~*~*~

Harry woke up later than usual in the morning and hurried to get up and grab something to eat before he had to head over to the director of the show for their appointment. His head was still spinning with all the developments in Hermione's life. Their family was special after all. He knew that he shouldn't be surprised because they were Hermione's parents but all in all it was quite interesting to know that there really was more to Allie than meets the eye.

He had guessed that Allie knows nothing at all about what Carlineux's ulterior motives were and the big secret surrounding her birth. He realized that deep down she just wanted to belong just like every other person.

His mind wandered back towards Hermione and wondering how she was doing. Learning all this new information about her family must be tough on her. And getting through to Allie might be tough but knowing Hermione as well as he did. He did know that she would figure out a way to get through to her. He also knew that she was also worried about Allie as well hanging out with those people. He would figure out a way to help her.

Just then his phone rang and he picked it up.

*~*~*~

Hermione and Allie were sitting down and eating there breakfast. It was a nice silence, not at all like before.

"Allie, I talked to our parents," Hermione started.

Allie just paused there frozen for a second and looked up and asked, "Oh, and how are they?"

"They're good. Doing well, is there anything in particular you want to know about them?" Hermione asked.

"No, there's nothing that I want to know about them," Allie replied looking away.

"So you wouldn't want to know what they said when I asked them about you?" Hermione teased her.

"Of course I don't care but if you wanted to tell me, nobody can stop you," Allie added.

"I did and they didn't know anything," Hermione replied with a smile.

"I knew it, I told you it was pointless," Allie answered bitterly.

"No it wasn't at all. Because as it turns out their memories were blocked so they couldn't remember," Hermione continued.

"Their memories were blocked?" Allie asked with some disbelief in her voice.

"Yes and then they remembered you and they told me that they were really happy to have you," Hermione commented.

"If they were then why did they give me up?" Allie asked.

"Because they wanted what was best for you. They didn't want to but they were told that you were really special and that they couldn't give you the education and training that you deserve," Hermione explained.

"Really? Then why don't they remember me?" Allie asked.

"I told you their memories were blocked and it wasn't their choice. The people at your school thought that it would be best if they didn't remember," Hermione added.

"I don't know if I really believe that," Allie commented after a moment.

"It's the truth and if you don't believe me you could ask them yourselves and see for yourself," Hermione suggested.

"No thanks. If that's what they told you then they will tell me the same thing. There really is no point in asking them myself. I'm also not ready to see them yet," Allie told her.

"Well if you decide to go see them. I would love to go with you if you wanted me to," Hermione said quietly.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," Allie replied getting up and turned back around, "Look you don't have to worry about Lisa, I've talked to some people and they'll be getting up soon."

Hermione looked up in surprise and watched Allie walk away.

The phone then rang and since Hermione was the closest she picked it up.

"Hermione, how are you doing?" Harry said.

"Harry, anyone could have answered the phone

"It's nice to hear your voice too," Harry replied with a laugh.

"So how was your morning?" Hermione asked rolling her eyes.

"I just had a meeting with the director," Harry told her.

"The director? Did you get caught for something? I told you to be more careful," Hermione asked with a teasing tone to her voice.

"No, of course not. I'm always careful. When have I ever been caught so easily?" Harry replied slightly offended.

"Do you want me to give you a list?" Hermione asked with a sarcastically sweet tone.

"Let's hear it then," Harry said with a grin.

"How about the time in fifth year when.." Hermione started.

"That was an accident and it wasn't my fault. Also it's not like I'm as trained in trailing others as before," Harry replied.

"Alright how about that time about three years ago?" Hermione asked.

"Okay, okay I get your point but if I didn't know you so well I would be offended," Harry added.

"What are you talking about?" Hermione asked.

"You're obviously just worried about me," Harry answered.

"Well somebody has to," Hermione asked rolling her eyes.

"So does that mean you've been keeping an eye on me?" Harry asked.

"Don't be ridiculous," Hermione retorted.

"If you want to keep an eye on me, you're more than welcome to," Harry continued.

"Well if that's it, then I'll be going," Hermione replied.

"Okay, I'll be serious now," Harry replied.

"So is there anything you wanted to tell me?" Hermione asked.

"I think that you look really cute when you're worried about me," Harry answered.

"I told you to stop kidding around," Hermione replied.

"I'm being really serious," Harry told her.

"I don't know what to do with you sometimes," Hermione replied sternly though she couldn't help smiling.

"Okay so I actually do have something to tell you," Harry replied.

"What's up?" Hermione replied with a smile.

"Well like you said, I had a meeting with the director and it wasn't for anything serious but before that I got an interesting phone call," Harry told her.

"How interesting?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Well it was from the head of my department and they informed me that Lisa seems to have returned and a few other people have been released," Harry told her.

"Really? So Allie was telling me the truth," Hermione replied a grin crawling up her face.

"What did you say?" Harry asked surprised.

"Allie told me that she had talked to Carlineux and that she said that Lisa would be getting up soon," Hermione explained.

"She told you that?" Harry asked surprised.

"Yeah she said that Lisa and some people would be getting up soon. We actually managed to have a nice conversation. She didn't see to trust me at first but she relaxed a bit and I think she is willing to give us a chance to become closer," Hermione replied with a happy tone to her voice.

"I think that's great and all but don't you think that it was a little too easy?" Harry pointed out.

"What are you talking about?" Hermione asked.

"I would have thought that it would have taken longer for her to agree," Harry replied.

"It's not like we're actually friends yet but we're going to try," Hermione replied.

"You know what I mean right?" Harry said softly.

"I know but I was hoping that maybe she just had a change of heart," Hermione replied sheepishly.

"So why do you think she changed her mind?" Harry asked.

"I have no idea but I agree that it is a bit suspicious that she agreed to it as quickly as she did. I'm really hoping that it doesn't mean anything," Hermione replied.

"You're right, it might not mean anything," Harry said.

"But it's better to be careful," Hermione finished.

"Yeah," Harry said with a slight smile.

"It's funny to hear you say that. It sounds like something that I would say," Hermione added with a laugh.

"It really does," Harry said with a laugh.

"It looks like you finally learned something that actually might be useful," Hermione replied.

"I don't know if that's a good thing," Harry murmured.

"But still I will be careful but I'm really hoping that nothing is going on," Hermione told him.

"I hope so too," Harry replied.

"I've got to get going," Hermione told him looking at the clock.

"I'll see you later then," Harry added.

"Oh and one other thing, did the director ask about me?" Hermione asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean I was only supposed to be on until around until the remaining five and here we are and we're down to the final 3," Hermione explained.

"Oh he did mention a little something about that, apparently the director just got word that Chloe has been released and cleared of all allegations since Lisa has come back. Apparently Chloe will be coming back and we will be filming that ceremony once again," Harry explained.

"And they would like you to rethink your decisions," Hermione finished.

"They may have mentioned that it's as if the other ceremony didn't happen," Harry answered.

"So what are you going to do?" Hermione asked nervously.

"I don't think that I really need to change anything. I think it all turned out pretty well," Harry answered.

"I think so too," Hermione said with a smile.

"Unless you actually want me to reconsider?" Harry replied.

"I'm not telling you to do anything. You just do whatever you think is best," Hermione commented.

"Oh really? Then maybe I really should," Harry said.

"You just go on ahead then," Hermione answered.

"Oh then I will," Harry replied.

"Okay then, see you soon," Hermione told him shaking her head.

Harry put down the phone and couldn't help but smile. It might be fun to tease her tonight. She's trying hard not to care but she does. Harry looked back at the table and looked at the pictures of the remaining ladies in the mansion.

There were two ladies that he knew that he wanted to stay. First of all was Hermione, she was so easy to be around and the truth is he did have more than friends feelings for her. He wanted to chance to figure it all out with out it being too awkward and he knew that this would be the best chance for him to do this. Christine was a very nice girl and smart and pretty and very talented. It was quite easy for him to make those two decisions.

Now deciding between Chloe and Allie was a bit tougher. First of all he felt that he owed Chloe a chance after everything that has happened but then again he felt that maybe he should give Allie a chance as well because Hermione wanted him to. That was the biggest reason for his decision. Hermione wanted to get to know Allie and it would probably also be best for their investigation to keep her around.

Just then his phone rang and he went to quickly pick it up and replied, "Potter here."

"We just found something that you might find interesting," a familiar voice said.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"I think you should come and see this," he replied.

"Okay, I'll be there in a couple of minutes," Harry replied and quickly left the room.

*~*~*~*~*

Hermione was putting the finishing touches on her outfit in her room when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come on in," Hermione replied.

"Hermione you look beautiful," Allie said.

"Thanks Allie. What are you doing here?" Hermione asked surprised but with a smile on her face.

"I just wanted to see if you're ready to head downstairs," Allie answered.

"I'll be ready in a couple of minutes. I'm glad to see you," Hermione told her.

"I was actually also hoping to talk to you about something," Allie added.

"Of course you can. Why don't you sit down?" Hermione said pointing to her bed.

"I'm a little bit worried about tonight," Allie continued.

"What are you worried about?" Hermione answered.

"I'm actually worried about the ceremony that will take place," Allie added.

"Oh so you worried that Harry will change his mind with his selections?" Hermione asked.

"A little bit, I mean the last time the ceremony happened I never gave Harry the chance to pick between me and Chloe. Have you talked to Harry about this?" Allie explained.

"I wouldn't worry about it so much. Harry will be making up his own mind," Hermione told her warmly.

"But have you actually asked him anything?" Allie asked.

"I did talk to him about it a little bit," Hermione replied.

"And what did he say? Did you mention anything about me?" Allie asked.

"He didn't really tell me much of anything other than that he didn't really think that he would be changing anything but that the director mentioned to him that he could change if he wanted to," Hermione replied.

"What do you think that he'll do?" Allie asked.

"My opinion?" Hermione asked.

"You do know him very well and you might know what he would be thinking about now," Allie replied with a nod.

"Honestly, I don't think that you have much to worry about. I think that he would like the chance to get to know you too," Hermione told her.

"Did he actually say that?" Allie asked.

"Not in so many words but I'm sure that's what he means," Hermione replied.

"Has he said anything to you about me since you know what happened?" Allie asked.

"Well he did mention one thing about you," Hermione replied.

"And what exactly did he say?" Allie urged her.

"He said that you were special and that I should some time to get to know you," Hermione answered.

"He actually said that?" Allie asked skeptically.

"It's hard to believe but that is what he said and I actually agree. I don't know you at all so it's not right of me just to jump to conclusions about the type of person you really are," Hermione told her.

"I don't know if I actually really believe that mean what you say or you have this ulterior motive but I do want to believe you but I'm not sure that I can," Allie told her.

"You're right I do," Hermione told her.

"See I know that you would," Allie commented getting up.

"I just want you to like me because you are my sister and I want to get to know the real you," Hermione answered.

"And what do you exactly think you will find out? That I'm just this misguided girl that needs help?" Allie asked.

"No, where are you getting this from?" Hermione asked.

"Well you're not going to find that out about me. I make my own decisions and I have good instincts okay?" Allie added.

"I told you that I don't think that way about you. I'm sure you are a strong independent person. I would want to be part of your life," Hermione added with a sigh.

"Okay, if you really want to be part of my life then you better be sure that I am still here after tonight," Allie told her as she got out of the room.

Hermione just sighed and sat down. She really couldn't figure Allie out. She's warm and then cold. Does she actually want to give her a chance or a small part of her thought that maybe it was something that she was told to do. But she really did not want to believe that.

She quickly checked her appearance in the mirror and patted down her hair and headed down the stairs.

By the time she got down the stairs, she saw that the rest of the ladies had already assembled. She looked over and saw Chloe and headed over to her.

"Chloe, how are you doing?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione, it's good to see you," Chloe exclaimed giving her a hug.

"So are you nervous about tonight?" Hermione asked.

"A little bit. But that's how it is with every single ceremony," Chloe told her with a shrug.

"You look good," Hermione told her.

"I really do love your dress," Allie added in.

"Thanks Allie. You look great too," Chloe added.

"Ladies, we're going to start filming in about a minute," Bart said.

They girls assembled together and Matthew and Harry joined him on the other side.

Hermione could see Matthew whispering something to him and Harry whispering back with a smile. She couldn't help but wonder about what they were talking about.

Harry looked up and caught her smiling at her and winked.

Hermione smiled at him in return and Harry raised his eyebrows and turned and whispered something into Matthew ears.

Hermione glared at Harry in response.

"Welcome to tonight's rose ceremony and it has come down to the final three. There are only three roses remaining. The one who does not receive a rose has a few moments to say good bye and then you must leave the premises," Matthew replied.

Everyone nodded and Harry stepped forward.

"I have had a chance to get to know to know each of you for some time now and every week it gets tougher and tougher to say goodbye to one of you. This week was no exception. I've had time to think long and hard and finally came to make a decision," Harry started out and took out the first rose.

"Hermione, will you accept this rose?" Harry asked with a grin.

"Yes, I would love to," Hermione replied taking the rose and gave Harry a hug.

"Surprised?" Harry asked.

"Not really but what were you and Matthew whispering about?" Hermione whispered back.

"Do you really want to know?" Harry asked.

"It would be nice to know," Hermione replied back.

"Meet me later tonight and you'll find out," Harry whispered giving her a light squeeze and a kiss on the cheek.

Hermione gave him a questioning glance and then returned to her spot on the stage.

"Christine, would you accept this rose?" Harry asked.

"Yes I will," Christine replied stepping up and gave him a short kiss on the cheek.

Harry took a moment to pause and then took the final rose and looked back and forth between the two of them and took a quick glance back at Hermione who gave him a reassuring smile.

"Allie will you take this final rose?" Harry told her.

"I'd loved to," Allie replied with a big smile and murmured "Thanks."

Harry smiled back and looked back up and saw Hermione smiling back at him and he grinned even larger.

"All of you who haven't received a rose you have a few moments to say your good byes and then you must leave immediately," Matthew replied.

Chloe walked up to Harry and said, "It was really nice getting to know you but I wanted to ask why you didn't pick me?"

"I just don't think that we're suited for each other at all. I don't think that you're the type of person I can be with," Harry replied.

"What does that mean?" Chloe asked.

"I think that you know what I mean Alex," Harry told her.

Chloe looked up at him in surprise, "What did you call me?"

"Isn't that your real name?" Harry asked.

"How do you even know?" Chloe asked surprised.

"I have my sources and you should go now," Harry told her.

"But…" Chloe replied.

"Goodbye," Harry told her.

Chloe turned back and was going to say something but Harry had already turned away.

Hermione looked between the two of them with curiosity and raised her eyebrows in question at him.

Harry mouthed the word later and turned to the others and said, "Here's to the final three."

"Cheers and I'd like to make another toast if I may?" Allie spoke up.

"Sure Allie, go on ahead," Harry replied.

"I'd just like to say that I'm glad that it's the three of us that made the final three and that I'm glad that you met you guys and I look forward to spending time with you all," Allie said.

"Hear, hear," Hermione told her warmly.

"Before you guys go, we have one final surprise for tonight," Matthew announced.

"What is the surprise?" Christine asked.

"One of you lovely ladies is going on your first date tonight," Matthew explained.

"Who is it?" Allie asked.

"Now all of you get a turn but we drew names out of a hat and picked the first person and that person would be…" Matthew pauses for dramatic effect.

"Just tell us already," Hermione said.

"Why don't you tell them Harry?" Matthew said.

"And the lucky girl is…… Hermione," Harry said with a smile.

"Congrats Hermione," Christine said.

Hermione was smiling and shaking her head and nodded.

"So I'll see you outside in a few minutes," Harry said.

"I'll see you then," Hermione added with a smile.

-->