Unofficial Portkey Archive

Could have been by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Could have been

leedee

Chapter sixteen

-

"Yes, we have sent a man in to the suspected area," Davina announced. They were all sitting in some sort of conference room discussing the latest news about Voldemort's progress in Europe.

Both Harry and Hermione threw glances at each other; it annoyed them that everyone was speaking so much in code. They wanted to know the truth and not be kept in the dark. They understood everyone's caution of course but this really wasn't the time, or the place for people to be too cautious.

"But what did you see?" Harry asked and turned to the man who had interrupted the festivities the previous night. The man turned to Viktor who nodded and allowed him to speak.

"We saw men, flying in large groups."

"How many," Viktor asked.

"I do not know, we saw maybe fifty, but there could be more."

"There will be more," Harry answered.

Everyone turned and looked at him.

"Why?" Viktor asked.


"We have no proof of this," Davina objected and rolled her eyes. It was obvious that she was insulted by Harry's rejection the previous night.

"Voldemort would never send fifty people at once if they were the only ones," Harry continued and Hermione nodded. She knew this was true, Voldemort was skilled in the art form of war. He would always have backup waiting behind the other troops.

"There is something else," a third man said. "We believe someone is sneaking around the city. There are traces in the woods around the city."

Hermione inhaled sharply.

"Didn't those children live near the woods?" she asked and Viktor nodded thoughtful.

"Yes, we can not risk them being caught. Bring them all here at once, no one can be hurt within these walls," he looked assuring at her as he said the last word and Hermione looked content. He smiled at her.

"Maybe your guests should leave soon," the third man whispered from the corner of his mouth at Viktor who glared at him.


"We want to stay," Hermione said and both Harry and Viktor turned to her. She quickly added; "at least until the man you sent behind enemy lines return."

"Very well, but your return might not be safe," Viktor said.

"Nor was our arrival," she added and smiled.

-

"Do you have a minute?" Harry asked Hermione. She was out in the courtyard playing with the children.

"Of course," she looked up worried at him and got up of the ground. One of the younger children was still clinging to her and she flung the child on her hip and followed Harry as he started walking.

"I think they are hiding something," Harry said and looked out over the castle walls.

"I agree, she said keeping her eyes on him.

Harry turned and looked at the young child in her arms, he reached out and stroke the young boys locks.

"What do you want to do?" Hermione asked and looked at his hand, now so close to her own face. He looked unsure and doubtful. "What is it Harry?"

He gathered himself and answered:

"I would want to stay, I want to know. But I feel responsibl-"

She interrupted him at once.


"I am responsible for myself. I want to stay too, I want to know what is going on. That's the reason we came here from the beginning!" he looked down at her. "It's not that I don't appreciate it Harry, your concern I mean, but I am not a child."

"I don't think you are a child," he said truthfully and the honesty of his tone gave her chills. "I just don't want anything to happen."

He turned back to look down at the city below them. She had no idea what to answer so she just stood there next to him watching the same view.

Not until the little boy grew edgy and started tugging at Hermione's hair did she start to get ready to leave.

"So we'll stay?" she asked and he nodded. She quickly placed her hand in his hand, hanging by his side. She gripped it, his warm palm closing around hers for just a moment before she pulled away and walked away. Harry turned to look after her, her long curls were bouncing as she walked and the wind was blowing it gently sideways at the same time. He felt vulnerable just watching her, like she had his heart in her palm. He suddenly was aware of the approaching figure in the corner of his eye.

"Viktor," he greeted and turned back to the view.

Viktor took the place Hermione had just held.

"So you will stay?" Viktor asked.

"Yeah, we'll stay."

Viktor turned and leaned against the stonewall, he watched Hermione walk away and then looked at Harry's face.


"She is very pretty," Viktor said and Harry didn't answer. "I think I will ask her to share my room instead of yours," Viktor added and Harry's eyes flicked from the view to Viktor's face. They looked black with fury but Viktor just started laughing.

"I knew it," he chuckled and Harry didn't move. "I knew you were no brother and sister, no offence my friend, but it was pretty obvious."

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat.


"How?"

"Were to start? The obvious one; you two do not look at each other like a brother and sister should!" Harry met Viktor's eye and honestly didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry, I understand that you needed to keep your secrets, but I don't think you'll be able to travel like this much longer. I might have been the only one who has noticed it now, but soon people will."

"Soon?" Harry asked his throat a bit dry.


"Sure, it won't be long."

Viktor clamped his large hand on Harry's shoulder and started walking away. He stopped mid-strife. "She was never at Hogwarts was she?" he asked.

"No, she wasn't."

Viktor thought about it for a moment, he must have understood why she hadn't attended the school because he looked much graver. He turned back and looked at Hermione again, she was now helping a girl tie her show.

"No, I would have remembered," he said and walked away.

-

Hermione was standing in front of the mirror putting on some of the muggle makeup lying on the large makeup table. Harry was in the bathroom, taking a shower.

The door was closed but she kept throwing glances over her shoulder in the mirror, hoping the door would open and she could take a peek inside. Having seen Harry without his shirt hadn't helped, she would have guessed that it would have quenched her thirst, but it had done the opposite. He had looked so much better than she had thought and now she just wished he would walk around like that always. It was warm out, but she wished it was smoldering hot, so he would have to walk shirtless.

The door opened and she quickly got busy applying some mascara.

He kept his eyes on her from the moment he had opened the bathroom door. She was leaning forwards, looking close in the mirror as she put on the mascara. It made her skirt hike up a bit and he felt like a dirty old man for he wanted her to lean even more. He felt his blood rush faster, he was just a young man filled with hormones after all. She leaned a bit more and he felt a twitch in his pants. He noticed her watching him and he quickly turned around, feeling self-conscious. Had she seen him looking? He just couldn't help it, she looked so tantalizing.

"So, ready for tonight?" he asked and sat down on the sofa, waiting for her.

"Sure, should be good right?" she agreed

"I guess," he mumbled and reached for his bottled beer.

"It's just dinner tonight right? Nothing fancy like yesterday" she sounded a bit alarmed and Harry saw her look down at the dress she was wearing.

"No, you look great!" he said hurriedly and then rolled his eyes at his own ineptness; he saw her grinning through the mirror reflection.

"Thank you," she answered and turned around. "You don't look half bad either."

"I can't do anything about this bloody hair though," he mumbled and she walked over to him.

"I like your hair," she said and placed her palm gently on the top of his head, trying to push an especially unruly lock from standing up. He looked up at her and their eyes caught for what a brief moment.

His hair was damp and cold. She let her hand linger just a few instants too long before she turned and walked away.

-

"Tonight we will have Sarma and Mousakka , two of our very popular dishes!" Viktor announced to them and they nodded gratefully.

Hermione hadn't eaten this much in a very long time. Living out in the camp actually provided plenty of good food and large portions, but she had lived undercover for quite a long time. And as a mudblood-slave she was given very little food at her job, and it was hard to get good quality food after work as well.

Viktor leaned over to them and whispered:

"I hear rumors that our man will arrive tomorrow or the day after," he said and both Harry and Hermione nodded animatedly. They couldn't wait to find out what was happening. They had been away for almost two weeks from Britain and they were eager to contribute with something useful.

As Harry leaned to hear Viktor's words he had to lean closer to Hermione and she breathed in his scent, it made her stomach flutter and she felt a bit inebriated.

He pulled away and their eyes met briefly, he smiled at her and she thought the butterflies in her belly would escape through her navel. Somehow Harry seemed a bit different tonight, as if something had changed.

"So Hermione," Viktor caught her attention and she quickly turned to him. "How do you like Bulgaria?" he asked.

"Well, I honestly love it," she answered truthfully. She really did, it was such a beautiful country, and the people were lovely.

"Oh I am so glad," he replied and grinned. "Is life much different here then back in Britain?"

She wasn't quite sure what he was getting at, but she felt like it was a very personal question and that he had meant it just as she had understood it.

"Yes, very different," she admitted and looked down at her Mousakka. The subject was dropped but it made her a bit sad. It was true that she had been away from Britain for two weeks and was eager to return, but the way she had lived now would never be possible there. She would never be able to spend time with Harry like this again. He would have to return to his life as a rich pureblood and he could never chance getting seen with her.

She might see him once every few months, the Mousakka grew hard to swallow in her mouth. She reached for the wine and gobbled down the whole glass.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered in her ear and she looked up at him. His green eyes were filled with worry and she just wanted to be alone with him. Any evening like this could be their last and she felt they had been through so much together. He had his hand on hers on the table.

"I'm fine," she said.

"Harry," Davina interrupted them, intentionally Hermione was sure, "Will you join me for a walk around the castle later?" she asked, purring the words.

Hermione yanked her hand from under Harry's and stabbed her Mousakka again.

"Honestly Davina, it has been a very long night and I would really like to retire to my room," he said dismissively and Hermione hid her grin by biting her lip hard.

"Ah, I understand of course, maybe tomorrow then?" Davina replied with a false smile.

"Mmm… maybe."

He looked sideways at Hermione but she kept looking down at her plate.

-

"You were quiet tonight," Harry said as they walked through the stone corridor.

Hermione looked ahead at the two chambermaids walking before them.

"Was I?" she asked careful in choosing her words.

"Yes, you were," sometimes he just felt like shaking her and demanding her to speak.

"Anything else sir, miss?" one of the girls asked as she opened the door for them. Hermione hurried inside and let Harry deal with them.

He thanked them and hurriedly closed the door behind them. He watched Hermione as she walked over to the makeup table and started taking out the hairpins out of her hair.

"What is it Hermione?" he demanded the distressing look on her face almost made him ache. She looked up and looked ready to speak but then thought better of it and resumed to what she had been doing.

Frustrated he yanked his jacket off and tossed on the sofa.

"You need to speak to me," he rambled, "I have no idea what is going on with you, but I can see that something is. I am driving myself crazy guessing like this. Did something happen?"

Hermione turned around and Harry was stunned for just a moment. Her hair was loose now, looking big and wild, framing her face. But her eyes were filled to the brim with tears. "What's happened?" he almost pleaded and took two steps forward, half the room was still between them.

She just shook her hand and he groaned.

"I am not a mind reader," he cried out.

"I am just sad okay. I am just sad," she yelled back.


"What for?" it sounded like he was accusing her, he kind of felt like she was denying him the truth.

She looked down at her feet, and it was obvious that she had no intention of answering. Frustration so strong it almost knocked him over took a hold of Harry and he ran the remaining steps of the room. Forcefully he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to him just as she was turning away.

She looked up and met his eye and just as she was about to object his lips crashed into hers. Hard, a bit too hard, they searched and caressed hers.

Before she had time to really realize what was happening she had thrown her arms around his neck and was pulling him close to her. He was already kissing her hard, but it was as if she wanted him to kiss her harder. Like she wanted to break him into herself.

With a soft moan from his lips they opened and she felt the heat from inside pour out into her own mouth. The sense of it filled her and she felt weak in the knees. When she felt his tongue at the entrance of her mouth she obeyed willingly and grabbed a handful of his wild hair in her palms.

Harry suddenly pulled away and she felt stolen from. She wanted him back. He still had her wrapped tightly in his arms and they looked at each other, it was just a brief moment, but it felt like an eternity. Panic managed to rise within her in that short fraction of a moment. Panic that he would pull away, apologies, be shameful. But before she could register another thought he had grabbed her face with both his large hands and pulled her into another kiss. This one was more tender and loving. But his tongue was hungrier and more daring.

He didn't ask for permission as he reached for the strap of her shoulder on the dress and yanked it hard to the side. It creaked from the force but they didn't notice. He kissed her naked skin and Hermione tilted her head back in pleasure. This exposed more of her skin and Harry attacked it quickly almost aggressively. Hermione's hands found their way into his hair again and she tugged violently at it. She felt one of his hands touching gently at the back of her knee, caressing it so smoothly that she felt weak again. He drew it up the backside of her thigh and then back again, he hooked her knee in his hand and yanked up around his waist.

They broke their kiss again and looked into each others eyes, both trying to read the other, but they both seemed to want the exact same thing. Hermione bit her lip and started unbuttoning his shirt.

Finally she would get to see him without a shirt again, she almost felt flustered at realizing that she soon would be close to his beautiful muscular shaped toned upper body. She pulled from his mouth and let her lips follow where her hands had been, slowly she got the buttons open. Her hands seemed to be shaking too much and she groaned unintentionally in frustration. Harry captured her hands in his and kissed the inside of her wrist very gently, his lips barely gracing her skin. She looked up at him again, uncertain.

He started unbuttoning his shirt, and she looked in awe as his smooth fingers worked the shirt like a pro. Lucky hands, she thought.

In just a few seconds the shirt was open and hanging on each side of him. She placed her hands under the shirt, one hand on each of his chest muscles and with a swift motion she yanked it off him, it fell beautifully to the floor and she looked at his half naked body.

She bit her lip again, he was the sexiest thing she had ever seen.

Harry reached for her face and grabbed her chin, he tilted it up and their eyes met. She noted that his pupils looked dilated and it made her so turned on, a burning heat between her legs now.

"Hi," he said in a husky voice.

"Hi," she answered and she heard that her own voice sounded even huskier.

Harry ran his fingertips gently on the outsides of her arms as they stood, eyes locked. Her hairs had been standing up for quite a while, but now they seemed to almost leave her. She slowly placed her hand back on his chest and traced his chest, gently gracing his nipple. His scent lingered around him even more now that he was undressed and it made her feel high.

"I want to kiss you," Harry whispered and Hermione leaned in for a kiss. He still had his hand under her chin and tilted her head to the side just as their lips were about to meet. Slowly he kissed the side of her mouth, he let his tongue trace her jaw and soon he was on her neck. She couldn't help tilting her head back again, it felt too good. Her hands roamed his chest with her finger nails, and his skin felt so hot, so soft to her.

When she felt him take her earlobe in her mouth she moaned again and pushed him away. He looked a bit startled and surprised at that.

She turned around and lifted her hair to him. She couldn't see him but heard him sigh contently. Slowly she felt him unzipping her dress and as it opened he started kissing her naked back.

As the dress fell of her hips he reached for her bra clasp and she closed her eyes. She wanted him so much that a nuclear bomb could have gone off outside, she wouldn't have noticed.

The bra opened and she felt her breasts being freed and the cold air hitting them, she heard the bra falling to the floor. She felt his tongue flick at her earlobe again and she wanted to touch him. But she had her back flat against his front and when she felt two hot hands grab both of her breasts she was locked in place. He grabbed both nipples between his fingers and gave them an enjoyable squeeze. Her nipples were already rock hard and his hands on then made her lightheaded.

"Oh god," she whimpered and turned around, plastering herself flat against him. Attacking his lips so violently that she could have knocked him over. He started backing, still holding a tight grasp of her, towards the bed. When he reached it he didn't move, he waited for her. Instead, both of them still standing, he leaned his head down and took one of her nipples in her mouth, while holding her other breast solemnly in his hand.

She bit her lip so hard she thought it might start to bleed.

She sat, without even noticing, down on the bed and scooted back. Harry remained standing, watching her as she did. She was now in the middle of the bed waiting for him in only her knickers.

He just had to take a moment to look at her.

He didn't want to speak, he didn't want to ruin it but he just had to speak.


"You are so beautiful," he whispered and she smiled sinfully at him. Her eyes darted towards his pants and he looked down, he was extremely hard. He looked back at her and while looking at her half naked body he unbuttoned his pants. He still had his underwear on as he climbed onto the bed and over her. He kissed her again, he had been far too long without her mouth, her tongue tasted sweet to him.

He sucked her bottom lip into his mouth and he was sure it hurt her a bit, but she didn't complain, to the contrary she arched towards him. She was driving him insane.

He pulled away from her mouth again and heard her sigh a bit disappointed, it pleased him. He kissed her breasts again, they felt even warmer then her mouth. And they smelled even more like her then the rest of her did. His teeth gently graced a nipple and she gasped lightly. He trailed his kisses down her stomach and gently licked under her belly button, she moaned again and he almost wanted to beg her to stop. She was making it too hard for him, he wouldn't be able to last.

Two fingers slid under her underwear at the hip and he waited for approval, when she arched again, lifting her hips, he quickly slid them of her.

He bit a piece of her skin under the bellybutton and she laughed and playfully hit his shoulder.

She yanked him up and kissed him again.

His hand found one of her breasts again, he couldn't stop himself. They were so perfect in his palm, small but so ideal.

He was suddenly aware that she unsuccessfully was tugging at his underwear. He raised himself on to his elbows and therefore helped her tug them off.

Their eyes met again, both of them reveling in the moment. He was still propped on his elbows and one of her hands was roaming his chest and then over on to his back. She placed the other on the small of his back and pushed it slightly. Just to guide him on. Their eyes met again for just one more moment and then their lips crashed again.

Harry gently moved one of her legs and found his place in between them. He waited for just one more instant, he didn't want to hurry it, yet he felt like if he didn't soon, he might explode in more ways than one.

He steadied himself once more before he looked into her eyes and entered her. It was careful, forceful, passionate and still so loving. As he did her eyes seemed to get drunk and roll back and he pressed hard against her.

She arched against him and then kissed his neck forcefully. Slowly, intensely, hard and softly they increased their pace and no other touch then mere holding each other was needed.

The only sounds were their ragged breathing and the noise of body slamming into body. They both came hard and strong, and collapsed into each other panting.

-

Thanks for letting me know that reviews weren't working here at portkey. I was starting to think you guys didn't like the story at all. Hope you like the chapter, finally some Harry and Hermione action.

And again - thanks to Anna, the story wouldn't be online without her!

-->