Unofficial Portkey Archive

Could have been by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Could have been

leedee

Chapter 35

-

Hermione was filling up yet another tray of champagne glasses. The club looked classier than usual, but its usual sleaziness was still there. The floor was covered in white, black and silver balloons, roulette tables had been set up around the corners. No food would be served but plenty of appetizers and alcohol.

"Granger, get ready!" Blaise yelled at her. "Bring Midgen!"

They both hurried backstage. Tonight was a very important night, everyone who was anyone would be there and Blaise had ordered all the waitresses to look their best, even they would meet the makeup artist - a first!

She looked over at the dancers; they were all sipping champagne and laughing together. They all looked gorgeous. They had bright red dresses with sequins. The dresses were all different but made in the same material and color.

"You'll wear this," a sourly elder woman grunted at the waitresses and waved at a rack. All the dresses were black, white and silver. They were supposed to blend into the decor, nothing new there.

Hermione cast a glance at the dancers again, they had long slits up their legs and high pointy heels. They looked so pretty.

-

The lady shoved Hermione down in one of the seats and started tugging at her hair.

"What am I supposed to do with this mess? Was your mother a horse or what?" she laughed.

"Well look at this toad then," a man next to her said and pointed at Eloise and the woman laughed.

"She's pureblood," Hermione snapped and they both seemed a bit shocked. They had assumed she was a Muggleborn because she was a waitress. They stopped the mockery and concentrated on making the girls ready instead.

Christina hurried over to Hermione's side.

"Look, that thing you did last night, getting Peter off me. Will you do it again?"

"Sure I'll try. Who should I keep him away from?"

"Marcus of course," she answered.

"Oh, just thought… well you had your legs over that dark man last night."

Christina slapped Hermione's arm roughly.

"Hermione, you have to make the men jealous. It made Marcus run right for me,"

Hermione nodded. "I'll do my best, I'll try to keep Peter from you."

"You look kind of pretty Hermione," Christina whispered so no one heard. She gently stroked Hermione's cheek with her index finger and then quickly pulled away.

Hermione looked at herself. She had a very short black skirt and a tight jacket over it. She just had a bra under and the jacket cut down just above her cleavage making it seem like she wore nothing under. Her hair was pulled back in kind of messy bun, and her makeup was very dark.

She looked down at the sharp heels she was expected to wear, she sighed. High heels were very difficult for her, she had never gotten used to them.

-

"Champagne!" Blaise yelled through the door and she hurried out of the makeup chair, Eloise right after her.

Guests had started filling the club and the waitresses were hurrying though the crowd. She quickly scanned the crowd for Harry before getting busy grabbing a tray and heading out.

The volume was getting louder and louder even though the music was still low and the dancers hadn't arrived yet. The curtains were drawn.

She heard people whisper and she turned, she saw Draco Malfoy enter with his usual followers. He walked by most people with his nose high in the air, he nodded to a few people and some he stopped and shook hands with. Blaise was of course by his side at once, handing him champagne, waving at the stage… probably promising a very special show. He walked with Draco towards the best VIP table and Hermione tried to see who everyone was, walking with them.

The lights were slowly fading out and Hermione knew the dancers would arrive in just a few minutes. She turned to the stage and saw Ron entering, his arm around Angelina Johnson. She knew Harry would arrive in a moment, and before she had ever seen him she knew he wouldn't be alone. Most of the people tonight had dates with them, if Ron had one, so would Harry.

She saw Harry enter hand in hand with a very pretty red haired girl.

"But you like the red hairs don't you Harry?" Peter Pettigrew had said the night before. Hermione tilted her head to the side for just a second before she spun around and hurried to the bar. The lights were almost pitch-black now, the only light came from the enchanted spotlights on the floor.

The crowd had quieted and most had found tables to sit at. She didn't even feel upset about seeing Harry with some girl at the club. She felt like she had repeated the same evening over and over, now for the third time, and basically she had.

Just as the spotlights in the club was switched on and blared on the stage Hermione noticed a man sneaking into the bar. She knew the form, it was Peter Pettigrew. He seemed to be alone and hurried of to a corner, trying to keep out of sight.

She grabbed a tray and hurried out on the floor towards him.

"Mr. Pettigrew sir, a drink?" she said and held the serving dish high next to her.


"No," he hissed. "Go away."

She turned when he called out. "Wait!" She turned back to face him and smiled. "Christina, when will she start dancing?"

"Her part is coming up just about now," Hermione answered and turned to the stage. She had barely finished the words before Christina came out on stage in a sparkling bikini and a top hat. A very disturbing moan came from Peter and Hermione started backing away. She made her way to the table when someone took her by the arm and lead her sideway through the dark. She sighed, almost angry.

Harry spun her around as they had turned to the corner.

"Hi, I tried to reach you but I couldn't, sorry about this. I had no choice I-…"
Hermione held up a hand.

"It's fine Harry.


"It is?" he sounded surprised.

"Sure," she turned from him and he grabbed her chin and turned her back to him.

"Hermione I had to, please don't be angry."

She slapped his hand away and looked fiercely at him.

"I'm not angry, this is just the way it is." She started to walk away but he grabbed her again and slammed her back against the wall. It hurt.

"Hey, you're not giving up are you? This is just temporary. Soon we'll be together, soon Hermione," he pressed his lower part of his body against her and she felt butterflies in her stomach. He leaned down and Hermione was sure he'd kiss her. She was loosing her equanimity, she was sure he could persuade her to jump of the highest tower of Hogwarts.

"No this is our life," she whispered and her voice broke slightly before she pushed him away and hurried away.

-

She felt tears burning her eyelids and she rapidly blinked them away. To her horror the red haired girl who had arrived hand in hand with Harry was at the bar as she returned.

"What can I get you?" Hermione asked.

"A glass of red please," she said politely. Hermione turned and filled a glass and then handed it to her.

She smiled before she turned and walked away.

-

The evening passed smoothly without any hiccups. Harry remained seated with the rest of his party and most of the crowd enjoyed the dances on the stage. As the bras fell from the dancers, a few left, but most stayed.

"Someone spilt something right outside the dressing room," Eloise shouted at Hermione. "Blaise is afraid one of the dancers will break a leg."

I wish they would, she thought before she hurried over there. She yanked open the cleaning closet to grab the broom and let out a small yell as she saw Harry in there. He put his finger over his mouth before he yanked her inside.

"I have to clean that," she said quickly. Harry leaned out the door and with a small flick of his wand the large stain had vanished.

He ran both his hands over her face and she closed her eyes.

"Your date…" she mumbled.

"It's Ron sister," he said as if it would explain everything. Hermione's eyes shot open.

"Oh."

"Yeah, you have nothing to worry about."


"So is this the same sister you used to be in love with, or does he have a secret one I didn't know about?"

Harry stopped his loving caressing of her face for a moment.

"I wasn't in love with her, I fancied her for a while. But I promise, that was a long" he pronounced the words distinctly, "time ago".

He leaned his head and kissed her neck hungrily, letting his tongue caress all the skin it could. She moaned and ran a hand through his hair.


"Someone will come," she grunted.

"I will do my best, so we both come," he grinned into her neck and took a small bite.

She giggled and slapped him softly on the arm. "Ron is keeping watch," he mumbled into the naked skin of her shoulder, he had just yanked her jacked to the side. "You look so hot tonight."

She closed her eyes, enjoying his touch, his voice and his words…

Harry's hands traveled up her thigh and she held her breath, anticipating what he would do. She felt him carefully brush her underwear to the side and she took a deep intake of breath and he caressed her gently.

"Harry," she whispered trying to object, "we must…" but as his fingers slid inside of her she couldn't resist anymore.

"What were you saying;" he whispered close to her ear and when she just moaned in reply he grinned and sucked and earlobe into his mouth.

Hermione bit her lip, trying to make as little sounds as she could. Harry seemed to notice her dilemma and turned to the door.

"Muffliato," he mumbled. "It's okay," he assured her and she let out a very loud moan. He smiled and then kissed her hard.

She started panting hard and soon he felt her tightening around his fingers. He kept kissing her hard, before he finally released her.

"I have to get back," she said and felt her hair. Was it still in place?

"You look perfect," he assured her.

"Will someone see me if I leave?" she asked.

"I'll leave first, Ron's looking out for me. And no one will think anything about you leaving, you were sent to clean."

He smiled again and stole a quick kiss before he was suddenly gone. Hermione placed a hand over her heart, trying to calm herself down. Her heart was beating loud and it almost hurt her.

She let out a painful cry, she had for just a moment let herself realize how much her heart was aching. How much she missed him, how much she hated this situation… he was hers just as she was his. Why did they have to be here?

She took a deep breath and gathered herself.

She hurried out of the closet and just as she closed the door behind her she saw Peter Pettigrew and Christina outside the dressing room. They hadn't seen her and she pretended to be locking the door incase they would see her.

-

"You have to do it C, I am going away!" he pleaded.

"You always say that," she whispered back. "I have to dance!"

"No but this time I mean it," he tugged at her arm. "I won't be able to see you for such a long time my cherry C, this is our last chance."

She tried to pull away from him.


"Peter, this is how I make my money, by dancing, if I don't dance I will be very poor!"

"I'll pay!"

"Just go into the dressing room, I'll check with Blaise!"

"No C," he begged and kissed her hand "Let's just go to my room, at the hotel!"

He leaned forward and kissed her cleavage, Hermione grimaced, he looked like a puppy trying to find his mothers teat.

"Wait in the dressing room!" she ordered and he hurried inside.

Christina started towards the bar when Hermione reached out and grabbed her. Christina was slightly startled.

"Blaise is with someone important, with Draco Malfoy," she quickly added, "He has asked for no one to disturb him," she lied.

"I need a guard," Christina mumbled.


"I can go with you. I'm on a break; I have nothing in the club anyway…"

Hermione saw that Christina was thinking it over for a moment.

"I guess, but what could you do if…" she stopped speaking and looked at Hermione. She didn't seem willing to finish the sentence.

"Don't worry, I won't leave your side. And everyone is looking at the stage, if you do this you'll have the whole night to spend with Marcus," she nodded encouragingly. Christina glanced towards the bar and the back to the dressing room.

"But you should find out if he really is leaving or if he is just playing you. He shouldn't think that he is the boss of you!" Hermione added and Christina nodded.

She grabbed Hermione's arm and whispered,: "Okay, but you have to come! And don't leave!"

Hermione agreed and followed her inside.

-

Peter was at Christina's makeup table and was holding a shoe to his face; he seemed to be smelling it. He dropped it quickly when they entered.

He saw Hermione and looked like he felt sick.

"What is she doing here, I am all for a threesome but I don't do mudbloods," he hissed.

"Don't worry, she just here to look! She was told to clean, but she won't bother us," Christina walked over to him. "Would you like a dance sweetie?" she purred into his ear. He seemed to shudder and then she grabbed his tie and pulled him close to her. It looked like she was about to kiss him but then she pulled away.

"Do you like my dress tonight?" she asked and he nodded. "Would you like to see what's under it?" He nodded again, pretending like the whole club hadn't seen what was underneath plenty of times that evening.

Christina turned her back to him and started swaying her hips. Hermione pretended to clean but kept looking at them from the corner of her eye.

"So where are you going sweetie?"

"Just away,"

"Oh, I thought you had something really important to do, I think powerful men are the sexiest," she said and let the dress fall of her.

Hermione had to applaud Christina, she was getting all the information Hermione could have asked for.

"I am important," he stuttered.

"Are you?" she turned to face him, in her very see-through under wear. "Will I see you again soon?" she asked.

"I'm afraid not my love, I have to leave the country."


Christina pouted her lip. "I will miss you; you are my favorite guest of all Peter."

He grinned and leaned forward and placed a large bill in her bra. "I… I lov-I want…" he stammered.

"Where are you going?" she whispered in his ear and licked his earlobe, Hermione felt like she would be sick.

"I am going to- I am going to Germany, very important business for the Dark Lord."

"For how long?" she started sucking his ear lobe.


"Can't say."

"Are you just saying all of this Peter, to make me dance for you? Because I might loose my job by being in here!" She reached for the drink he had brought with him and swallowed all of it. Then she put her hand behind her back, seeming ready to open her top.

"I am going to war for the Dark Lord, I'm not lying my love, I promise. I will be away for a long time, there's an attack. Soon!" he spluttered the words.

Christina snapped open her bra, seeming happy. He tried to reach out to touch her but she took a step back and danced again.

"Do you like me Peter, do you like what you see?" He bit his lip and glanced over at Hermione who quickly turned to a bin she was holding.

"So much," he groaned and let a hand stroke quickly over his pants. "Christina… my C," he hissed.

"Will I see you again?"

"I'm not sure, this is the most important thing I've ever done."

Christina hooked her fingers in her underwear and gently tugged at them but stopped in the middle of the action.


"Now you have me all worried."

Peter looked panicked as she stopped her movement.

"Don't worry my love, I will have the best with me. I won't be alone."

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

She tugged the underwear off and he let out the most disgusting sound Hermione had ever heard. She heard the opening of a zipper Hermione quickly turned to her "dusting" and didn't turn back around for quite a while.

-

Hermione jumped when she felt someone squeeze her shoulder from behind.

"Thanks," Christina whispered and Hermione heard the door close as Peter left.

"That went quick," Hermione said.

"Yes, it usually does with him," Christina laughed. "Now I can focus on Marcus all night."

She hurried away from the dressing room and Hermione looked after her. This was important news, she had to send word to the Order. The best way would be to speak to Ron or Harry, but how would she do it?

-

Reviews = happy me

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->