Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Disclaimer… This is a collaborative work done by Muirnin Cocan and various members of the KFUFHP. We do not now, nor at any time, claim ownership of any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan and members of the KFUFHP. Money is in no way being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. This is a work of love and entertainment and J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion is always strongly advised due to sexual themes and at times language. Some references to Star Trek may be made. Please see the disclaimer on Chapter 1 for further acknowledgements.

We the KFUFHP celebrate the greatness of the writers and creators of Harry Potter and Star Trek and only wish to honor them with our writing.

Author's Note: As is customary, I felt that since I was starting a new part of the story… I would show the disclaimer again…

I apologize to all those who have been waiting so patiently, for so long to read more of my story… I will not bore you with all the details, but my life in the last 2 months has become unbearably chaotic and complicated… I have found very little time to devote to my love of writing… and depression not withstanding, have found myself reading more of the wondrous work that is so abundant here. I also have not had much contact with other members of the KFUFHP so I only have myself to blame for not writing… Needless to say, I have been sort of a hermit… not really socializing much… I have on occasion been into the forums… Dan and Emma being my newest obsession… grin

I would like to take a moment to thank you so very much for all the praise and criticism that I have received from you my loyal readers. I do try and respond to my reviewers… and if you have not heard directly from me, then you either did not sign your review… or did not leave an e-mail that I could reach you through.

I will be out of the country (in Canada) the first half of October to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary with my husband, but do hope to write while I am away. With any luck, my Mutant Lord Consort will be coming back with me… Lots of prayers and such… perhaps a sacrifice to the Immigration Gods would work too… although, sacrificing over 10 months with out seeing my husband… hmmm but there wasn't any blood… Oh well… I'm rambling… it's going to take me 24 hours to drive to Edmonton, AB from where I am… I'm thinking… COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any who…

I have added a few lines from Part 1, to answer directly to one of my reviewers… regarding Dudley and Smeltings…

Hugs and Kisses…

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'•..¤..•'´)¸.'´)

´¨`•.* Muirnin *.•´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.•'´¤`'•.¸)`'.)

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 2 - Hogwarts, the Final Years

Chapter 10 - Surprises and Sadness

The familiar tug reminded Harry of the number of different portkeys he had experienced in his life…

The first one had taken them to the Quidditch World Cup the summer before 4th year. Then, there was the unexpected portkey during the Triwizard Cup third task, which made him witness not only Cedric Diggory's death but also the rebirth of Lord Voldemort. The most recent portkey he had used was the one Dumbledore had created so Harry could leave the Ministry of Magic after the battle in the Department of Mysteries and the still haunting death of his godfather Sirius Black.

However, Harry did not want to think about those things, as many of the memories were too painful....

As they appeared directly onto the 9¾ Platform, the group looked around and realized that they had about half an hour before the train would leave. Remus Lupin, Tonks and Mad Eye Moody from the Order were already on the platform.

"Damn Potter. What do you have to have a security entourage where ever you go now?" Draco said with his trademark smirk

"Draco..." cautioned Ginny, afraid of there being a problem with members of the Order around.

"No, it's alright Gin, Malfoy just doesn't quite comprehend how much the Order feels it needs to protect me against Voldemort..." Harry said his voice had just a hint of sarcasm in it as Remus, Tonks and Moody were greeting him.

"Potter knows I am just giving him shit..." Draco said as Moody and Tonks gave both him and Harry evil glares.

"Yeah... and Malfoy knows that I can give it right back to him in spades." Harry said as he winked at Moody and Tonks causing them to relax a bit around Draco.

Harry had already told Draco about the fact that it was only him that would be able to kill Lord Voldemort and about the damn prophecy. Draco's reaction had been "That Sucks..." which made Harry laugh harder about the entire thing.

Just then, Crabbe and Goyle came through the barrier. They spotted Draco standing with Harry and the others and went straight up to Draco.

"Hey Draco, why didn't you wait for us?" A dumbfounded Gregory Goyle asked.

"Yeah, we waited for you by your house and then finally we went to the door and asked your mother." Spoke Vincent Crabbe.

Both boys looked very confused why Draco hadn't been there for their normal ride to King's Cross Station.

"Did it ever occur to either of you that I perhaps wanted to enjoy the company of my girlfriend and the rest of my friends, hmm?" Draco rolled his eyes, "You too are to dim to understand anything... If you will recall, I TOLD you idiots that I was not going to be going with you to the station."

Draco turned his back on them and headed back over to where Ginny and the others were standing, waiting for the trains arrival.

Suddenly, a number of other Slytherin students came rushing through the barrier banging into Crabbe and Goyle who in turn fell against Draco causing a domino affect against Blaise Zabini who, became unbalanced in her 6" stiletto heels, fell up top of Neville Longbottom, landing them both in a VERY compromising position.

In all the commotion, Tonks, Moody and Remus all tried to get Harry safely on the train, who himself was trying to see if there was anything he could do to help and upon seeing Neville's predicament began laughing so hard the three adults couldn't get him on the train.

However, Neville and Blaise were not paying any attention to the laughter going on as they just stared into each other's eyes, much to the chagrin of his sometimes girl friend Susan Bones who was looking a bit peeved at the moment.

Blaise Zabini was perhaps the prettiest girl in Slytherin. Her shyness coupled with her unique beauty caused many of the boys in all years of Hogwarts to take second and third looks at her. She valued her education and was one of the top witches in the school... behind Hermione Granger of course. Her late father had been a death eater, killed by Aurors before Voldemort's downfall. She however, never wanted the evilness associated with the Dark Lord, but the acquisition of greatness... she thirsted for being famous in her own right and felt that if she chose Slytherin they could help her on her way... rather then in Ravenclaw where the sorting hat had wanted to put her.

The assembled group stared at Neville and Blaise, still in the compromising position, neither being intent on trying to move.

"Are you hurt Neville?" Blaise asked in a deep throaty voice that seemed to purr as she spoke.

"I'm fine, how about you?" Neville asked, not a quiver to his voice... quite unusual for Neville given the situation.

Both seemed not to notice the world around them, their voices so low only they could hear their conversation. After a while even Susan Bones got tired of this and she stormed off to the Prefects compartment on the train.

Draco and Harry were still standing outside the train at 10:58am, the others having already gotten onboard the train.

"You think we should do something about them." Harry asked Draco with a bit of humor in his voice.

"Probably wouldn't be a bad idea... I'll take the one on top you can have the Longbottom..." Draco said mirroring the laughter of the situation.

As they walked over to the pair still lying on the ground after 20 minutes Draco leaned down and looked at Blaise. "Umm, Blaise honey... I know that you are having a swell time with your new Gryffindor - Longbottom designed mattress and all... but since I am a Slytherin prefect, I really need you to get on the train..." Draco said sweetly, almost causing Harry to be nauseous. "We have about a minute before the train leaves."

Draco helped Blaise up who was still staring at Neville. Harry gave Neville a hand up saying "Let's go lover boy... we will get you two all cozy into a compartment how's that..."

The foursome hurriedly jumped onboard the train, immediately followed by Remus Lupin.

"Moony, whatcha doin' taking the train?" Harry asked as they moved down to the compartment that Hermione had saved for him.

"Well, I do have to get to Hogwarts as well... besides I figured since most everyone is in the prefects meeting it would give you and I a good opportunity to plan out the DA portion of DADA."

"That sounds like a great idea..." Harry said as he pulled out a stack of parchment from his school trunk. "I actually made some notes about possible classes..." handing the stack over to Remus.

About an hour later, the prefects began filing back to their own compartments. When Hermione walked in she sat down next to Harry, giving him a kiss and said, "You will NEVER believe what I just saw."

"What?" Harry asked noticing how much Hermione was blushing.

"Neville and Blaise..."

"I know, Draco and I had to remind them to get on the train."

"No it's not that... they are in the same compartment that Lavender and Pavarti are... but Blaise is sitting on Neville's lap and they were snogging up a storm...somebody better get a fire hose or something... Oh and Lavender says Hi from Dudley... she's chatting with him on her laptop."

"Snogging eh?" Harry quickly lifts Hermione over to his lap "Sounds like a great idea..." as he leans over to begin kissing Hermione.

"Hey! Did everyone forget? Teacher here..." Remus says with a huge grin.

"Oh it's only you Moony... " Harry said winking at his now Godfather... "Besides, maybe we could teach you a few things... "

"HARRY!!!" Hermione said as he began nuzzling her neck.

"Yes dearest?" Harry said with a big grin on his face.

Hermione was slowly losing her composure with his nuzzling, "Ummm I forget."

About that time Ron, Luna, Ginny and Draco, who took up the same positions as how Harry and Hermione were sitting, joined them.

"Major dejavu going on... I feel like I'm heading back for my 7th year at Hogwarts." Remus said with a grin. "Only then it was Peter who was sitting alone..."

"And who pray tell was sitting on your lap? Hmmmm?" Harry said looking at his father's best friend.

"You know... she was a lovely lass... but for the life of me... I can't remember her name." Eyes twinkling in delight at the memory.

They rode along with Remus, Harry and Hermione discussing the upcoming Defensive Arts portion of the Defense against the Dark arts class. During this time, Ron and Luna made good use of their time together… however, Draco and Ginny while still in a romantic position, listened to what the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor was discussing with the new junior assistance for the Defensive Arts.

"Might I make a suggestion?" Draco asked hesitantly.

"Yes Draco, what suggestion do you want to make." Remus asked curiously.

Draco took a deep breath and then said, "I understand the reasoning for having the Defensive Arts along with our DADA classes... however... I wouldn't trust everyone in the school not to use what is taught against others... if you get my drift."

"Understandable, what do you suggest."

"Well, you could have Hermione hex the roster... that way if anyone does intend to use it for anything but for what it is intended..." Draco said as he remembered that Ravenclaw girl who had Sneak across her face after she had blabbed to Umbridge.

"I actually was going to ask Professor Lupin about making the sign up for the DA being a wizards contract." Hermione said leaning back against Harry. "I had the same idea you did Draco... after last year sometimes you never know whom to trust anymore."

"Well hopefully you can trust me now." Draco said snuggling closer to Ginny.

^. .^

Petunia and Vernon planned to drive back to Surrey to take Dudley back to Smeltings the following morning. They decided that since Dudley had made such an abrupt change over the summer, they would not be sending Dudley to St. Brutus's but would instead go back to Smeltings.

Harry's Aunt and Uncle wanted to assess the amount of damage done to their home at #4 Privet Drive, before deciding what they should do. Petunia liked living in the Manor and even Vernon had grown accustomed to the place as well. Harry had invited them to go ahead and remain at the manor if they wished, allowing Vernon to retire from Grunnings as he had been saying he thought he might.

Dudley had begun to entertain himself in the backseat by using the wizarding laptop that Draco had given him. With the influence and example that he had gotten from Harry and his friends, he actually did feel more confident and very smitten by the beautiful Lavender Brown. From what he had heard from Harry and Ron, considered one of the most beautiful girls in their school.

Nevertheless, the amazing thing was, she had told him that she had fallen in love with him!

He spoke freely with Lavender on the laptop, smiling at the idea that she was the one for him.

They had been driving for several hours, since Little Whinging was so far from Godric's Hollow, however he was not complaining because he knew that the train trip that the Hogwarts students were taking was long as well.

Before they knew it, they were turning down the street towards their home. Darkness blanketed the area, not even the street lamps were lit. As they approached #4 Privet Drive, they spotted Mrs. Figg with a couple of the Auror's that they had met before.

Petunia screamed as she saw what they were seeing... Dudley looked up and immediately felt the coldness he had felt the previous year with Harry. Then he saw them, 4 Dementor's gliding towards the old woman and the Auror's.

So that's what they looked like... He typed quickly to Lavender... "Dementors!"

Then everything went black.

^. .^

Lavender screamed... her connection with Dudley had disappeared. She put the laptop down on the compartment seat and rushed out to Harry's compartment.

Busting into the compartment she said, "Harry! Dementors... Dudley... " she was gasping and breathless from fear.

Hermione and Harry got up and went to Lavender.

"Lav, calm down and tell us what happened." Hermione said holding onto the shaking girls hand.

"I was chatting with Dudley... they had just turned down Privet Drive... Dudley had said that he was almost home and then he went silent for a few moments and then he typed a single word... Dementors... after that, there was nothing from him. It was like the entire web had shut down."

"I'm going to see if I can find out what happened." Remus said as he swept out of the compartment, leaving a very shaken group of teenagers.

"Harry... how can you stay so calm... this is your family!" Lavender shouted, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Lav, I only look calm on the outside... trust me, I am scared to death about what may have happened to them." He gave Lavender a tight hug and whispered, "We're almost to Hogwarts why don't we all get changed. There's nothing we can do right now, but we WILL know what has happened to my family."

Harry gave Lavender a light kiss on the top of her head and then let Hermione, Ginny and Luna lead her out to change into their robes.

Ron got their robes and uniforms out and the three boys began getting ready for their arrival in Hogsmeade. Harry had become very stoic in his composure, until he finally collapsed against the seat and threw a hand over his mouth. His entire body shook as he tried to regain his composure.

"It's going to be alright mate." Ron said throwing an arm around his best friend knowing the trauma that was going on within him.

"Harry, there's nothing you can do right now... it's like you told Lavender we're almost at Hogwarts and then we will know what happened." Draco said quietly.

"I know... It's so bizarre, after nearly 15 years of hating them, I find that I am quite attached to my family..." Harry said with a slight quiver in is voice.

By the time they had arrived at Hogsmeade station, they were caught up with Remus Lupin.

"Moony, what do you know?" Harry asked as he rushed to his side.

"Dumbledore wants to see you in his office as soon as we arrive..." then looking at the small group added, "All of you can go with Harry since you are all involved in this."

"But what happened?" Harry asked again.

"Just let Dumbledore explain what happened." Remus said resolutely.

Harry and the others nodded and rushed forward to get to the castle immediately.

The small group of students waited inside the Headmaster's office. Hermione sat on Harry's right with her arms around him, Lavender sat shaking on his left with her hand in Harry's. Ron, Luna, Draco and Ginny sat closely to where Harry was seated, trying to give him as much support as they could.

When the Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore walked in he had a sullen look upon his face. He raised his hand to let them know not to say anything.

Directing his comments to Harry, he said "Harry, your family was in a car accident when they were approaching their home at #4 Privet Drive. I'm sorry to say that your Uncle Vernon did not make it." An audible gasp came from Harry as Dumbledore continued. "Your Aunt and cousin are here in the hospital wing. They are unconscious but Poppy assures me that they will awaken, but not too quickly."

Lavender's sobs came harder upon hearing that Dudley was unconscious.

"Professor, what happened? Dudley had told Lavender that there were Dementors..."

"Arabella, Tonks and Mundungus were at the scene... apparently from what we can tell was that the Dementors had been dispatched to Little Whinging to try and set a trap to get to you Harry... When the Patronus was sent out it startled your Uncle since he could not see the Dementors but did see the Patronus... he could also feel the happiness drained from his body and from what Arabella has told me, he turned the car sharply to avoid the clouded mass and flipped the car over on the small street."

"Where are Arabella, Tonks and Dung?" Hermione asked quietly.

"They are here as well, they used an emergency portkey to bring the Dursley's to Hogwarts. I think that since Poppy is still busy with Petunia and Dudley, you should go to the welcoming feast and then go to the Hospital wing. I'm sorry for your loss Harry, I know that Vernon was not a very nice person during most of your youth, but I am sure that he had some redeeming qualities."

Harry nodded and got up stiffly, "Thank you Professor. After I see my Aunt and Dudley, I will need to discuss Uncle Vernon's" he swallowed hard, "arrangements... I don't believe my aunt will be up to the task."

"I will provide you whatever help you need Harry... and again, I grieve with you and you have the condolences of all Hogwarts at this time."

The welcoming feast was a somber occasion for the small group which Harry had once named the Godric's Gang. They all sat numbly as the new first years were sorted into the different houses.

None of them had heard anything that Dumbledore had said during his opening words, when the food finally showed up on their plates, they all picked at their food.

Draco had come over from the Slytherin table and sat down next to Ginny giving her his love and support... Blaise had come over and sat next to Neville holding his hand, having heard of the accident to Harry's family.

As strange, as it seemed to have two Slytherin students at the Gryffindor table nobody seemed to take notice... Word of Harry's loss had quickly spread through out the great hall, giving the small group its space… not bothering them at all.

When they had all gathered at the entrance of the Hospital wing, Harry pulled himself up into a strengthened stance. Over towards the back wall he could see the figures of his aunt and cousin lying on separate beds. Sitting closely to his Aunt's bed was a very pale Remus Lupin and Severus Snape. Both of who seemed to be trying to give her the strength of an age-old friendship to support her in this time of sorrow.

Madame Pomfrey had seen the small group of students walk into the Hospital wing; she went over to them and spoke quietly. "Mr. Potter, I am truly sorry for your loss. I did everything I could, but there was nothing… I could do to help your Uncle. Your Aunt is starting to awaken, your cousin however is still unconscious." She turned to where Lavender and Ginny stood then said, "Miss Brown if you and Miss Weasley would like to sit next to Harry's cousin perhaps your presence can help awaken him."

Severus Snape had walked over to the group of students and nodded his head at Harry then walked out of the Hospital wing leaving them all there. Harry began to walk over to his Aunt's bedside seeing Moony holding her hand and talking quietly to her.

"Aunt Petunia?" Harry said quietly but shakily as he watched his aunt turning towards him.

"Oh Harry… Vernon…" She started to say but was overcome with sadness.

"I already know, I'm so sorry…" he responded then doing something that had not been common before he took his aunt into his arms, hugging her and helping her to release her grief. Releasing her, he sat down on the side of her bed just opposite from Remus. He felt Hermione come up behind him and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Mrs. Dursley, I am so sorry for your loss… if there is anything I can do to help you, please ask." Hermione said quietly.

"Thank you dear… you have always been there for Harry, I appreciate your offer." Petunia said giving Hermione a slight smile.

Several hours later, the Godric's gang left the Hospital wing, leaving Petunia and Dudley to get some rest. It would take some time for all of them to be over this tragedy…

Please Review… Thanks…