Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Forrest W. Adams Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 5 744 2003-08-26T19:43:00Z 2003-08-24T09:15:00Z 2003-08-27T03:18:00Z 3 2196 9446 230 66 15377 9.2720 114

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 3 - The Letter

Hermione sat cross-legged on the bed and stared at Harry, "So are you going to be the Brave ol' Gryffindor we all know and love?"

Whatever was going on through Harry's mind he did not even notice what Hermione had said.... his eyes focused on the thick letter that sat in his grasp.

Phillip Granger poked his head in to say good-bye to his daughter. "I'm going to take off, call if you need anything... " He looked over at Harry who seemed a bit despondent, "Is he going to be alright?"

Harry had a look of sadness on his face that Hermione had not seen since she had awakened and found out about Sirius' death.

"Yeah, he'll be fine after a while.... Thanks Dad for letting me stay, I think Harry's going to need some friendship tonight..."

"Well his Aunt and Uncle are right downstairs, so if he has a problem call for them. I can't imagine what he is going through right now..." Phillip said as he leaned down and gave his daughter a kiss on the forehead then as he walked past Harry he placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, and then left the room.

"Harry?" Hermione asked cautiously.

"Mione... I can't seem to open this envelope" he gulped back unshed tears. "Can you..."

Hermione moved over on the bed and helped Harry sit next to her. "Would you like me to read it first?"

Harry just nodded his head.

Hermione took the envelope out of Harry's fingers, her own hands shaking very slightly.

Opening the outside envelope, she found two more on the inside. One said in very fancy writing "The Last Will and Testament of Sirius Black." The second envelope said "A letter to Harry upon my death."

It seemed too real and the strength that Hermione had been holding up, and her own unshed tears began to fall freely down her cheeks. Harry, who was also crying put his arm around her and laid his head on her shoulder. He picked up the Will and set it aside, reaching instead for the letter to Harry.

My dearest godson Harry,

As I write this, I realize that my time on this earth is growing short. I do not know how I know (Your mother was the diviner, not me!), however, I want to apologize for not being here to help you with the final challenge with Voldemort.

So that you know, I have officially transferred the responsibility of Godfather to Remus Lupin. He has all the rights of guardianship that I would have had if I had not been on the run. As ironic as it may seem, he would have been the better choice in the beginning... but James was like the brother that I always wanted... rather then the one that I got.

I am assuming Hermione is with you as you read this, probably reading it for you... Please be strong for Harry. He is going to need your love and support more then ever before. Practice your Occlumency lessons; I know that Hermione has been secretly studying Legilimency (besides other things... *wink* sorry Hermione but I wish I could be there….) so that she can be an asset to you....

I will be with James and Lily soon... and while I do not want to die and leave you, I know that you will still be safe. Hermione take good care of him, and make sure that Ron and the twins keep him laughing. The Order is there for you.

I also wrote privately to your Aunt Petunia (first time in nearly 20 years...). It is a private letter so don't go asking her about what I said. Peta is really a nice woman once you get past the Dursley brainwashing that she has gone through. I have fond memories of Peta and feel sorrow that she ended up with Dursley. Secretly, I think your mom thought that Peta would get together with one of the Marauders.... James however hated Petunia with a passion… almost as much as Snape…

I love you very much Prongs Jr. as much if not more then if you were my own son. I am also proud of the man you have become. I know I always said you were not like James after all... but that is a good thing. You are the man that your grandfather wanted your Dad to become.

Please do not grieve for me... I have been ready for death since they took me off to Azkaban. I only wish that I could have been a bigger part of your childhood... and that I could have killed Wormtail in a gruesome and disgusting display…. Ah such fantasies being couped up here in this house does for ones soul…

Ron, do not turn into a prefect prat.... you and your twin brothers (I have dubbed them the Junior Marauders) have the potential that the Marauders proud. Their flight to freedom is something that your dad and I would have loved to be part of…

Hermione... your sweetness and kindness will take you far, and you are by far the most powerful witch I have seen since Lily. I think of you as a daughter I would have loved to have some day... You are smart and beautiful same as Lily was… When I look at you and Harry, I see James and Lily after their 7th year…. When I see you and Ron, I see James and Lily before their 7th year.

As much as you care for Kreacher please have him beheaded as is his wish…

Finally Harry, follow your heart and soul... you WILL be happy some day. James, Lily and I will be looking down at you and be your angels for you and for your soul mate…. She will need as much attention by your angels same as you in the future. Professor Dumbledore has told certain things that make me glad you are honing your defensive arts.

Keep strong, happy and healthy… do not forget about your life just because of Voldemort.

I love you all,

Sirius

P.S. Padfoot sends you his love as well… Then just under his signature was a paw print signed Padfoot underneath.

In a different handwriting which appeared to be Remus' it said that this letter and his will had been written 2 days before the incident at the department of Mysteries. Hermione caught her breath as she read this part then burst into tears. How had he known…

Aunt Petunia came running into the room after hearing Hermione cry out like she did. She picked up the letter and read it herself. Then glancing over at the unopened will she saw that Harry was too upset to deal with this right now.

"Harry, why don't you and Hermione come down for dinner…. We're having pork loin tonight…" Petunia asked.

"We'll be down in a moment Mrs. Dursley." Said Hermione, reaching to take the letter back. As their fingers touched, Hermione got a brief glimmer of a memory from Mrs. Dursley. She looked at Petunia questioningly but Petunia had stiffened up, turned, and left immediately.

Hermione wrapped her arm around Harry and helped him off the bed. He was still distraught over the fact that Sirius had only written that 2 days before he died.

"Let's go down to dinner Harry." However, he shook his head no. Hermione persisted, "Harry you do need to eat something. Going without food when you are emotionally drained is damaging to your…"

"I'm not hungry." He whispered. "Let's get this over with…." Reaching over he picked up the second envelope that said "Last Will and Testament of Sirius Black."

"I, Sirius Black, being of as sound a mind and body that 12 years in Azkaban and 3 years on the run can afford, in front of witnesses Remus Lupin and Nymphadora (sorry) Tonks do claim this as my final will and testament and do so with a clear conscious and proud heart.

Out of numerous properties that I owned (thanks in part to Uncle Alphard Black, Edward Potter and his son James Potter) I leave the following:

Everything that had at one time been a part of the Potter's estate that had been left to me in trust for Harry James Potter at age 18 however I'm giving it to him now... This includes:

Potter Manor, Godric's Hollow, Wales (Restored since attack by Voldemort)

What I liked to call the Cuddle Castle… HJP Cottage, Godric's Hollow, Wales

The entire town of Godric's Hollow, Wales (Owned originally by Godric Gryffindor and passed on to his heirs)

All the Galleon's that had been placed in a vault for me by James Potter for the raising of his son.

All the Galleon's that had been left to me by Edward Potter (Harry's grandfather)

My Motorbike (Check with Hagrid on it's whereabouts.)

To Remus Lupin I leave the Hogsmeade Marauder Manor (Shrieking shack). In addition, do me a favor next time you see Peter. Kill him for me… but make sure you eat the evidence…

To Albus Dumbledore and the members of the Order of the Phoenix, I bequeath the property on Grimmauld Place. The sum of galleon's stored in my vault at Gringott's Bank (that had been left to me by Uncle Alphard), which is to be divided amongst the remaining order members, the Tonks and Weasley families will receive (including the children) equal shares of the Order of the Phoenix money.

To Hermione Granger, I bestow all the jewelry entombed in Gringott's vaults and all the books in the Black Manor. (Please have them checked by curse breakers before touching or reading….)

To Ron, Fred, George and Ginny Weasley I bestow not only your equal shares of the OotP money, but also 50,000 Galleons each. To be used as investment funds for 3W's, as well as honorary Maraudership for each of you. Gred and Forge your escape from Hogwarts is what makes all us Marauders proud.

To Rubius Hagrid, I return Buckbeak. Harry can fly him to you to get his motorbike. Please do not let Grawp eat him.

To Petunia Evans Dursley, I leave 50,000 galleons that can be converted to muggle cash. This is for all you did raising my Godson.

The solicitor who sent this out has all Gringott's keys and will provide them upon request. Each person who has been listed here will receive duplicate copies of the will notating only what they are receiving. Harry James Potter is the only one to receive the entire will.

Anyone contests the will and what they get will receive 1 knut and nothing more.

Anything else I forgot, give to the my other cousins the Lestrange's and the Malfoy's (The Tonks are well taken care of through the OotP fund)

Signed and dated by Sirius Black

Witnessed by Remus Lupin and (something illegible) Tonks

There were additional pages that had various listings of the values of property and amounts held in the different vaults.

Harry looked down the rest of the pages listing all the asset values and gasped. Hermione looked over his shoulder and her eyes grew wide.

"Do you think we should contact Professor Dumbledore about this?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure… it says he should have gotten a copy… but Oh my God… I had no idea Sirius had so much." Hermione said.

"Well I knew that my dad's family had been well off… but… you know what? I think Uncle Vernon needs to see this… " Harry said with a grin and then gave Hermione a hug just for no good reason.

Together they headed downstairs to dinner…. Will in hand.

Author's note:

Oh we love you all... you are the best (AT PORTKEY!) the reviews have been amazing... and to just to alleviate the concern from my LONE reviewer at FanFiction.net YES this is a Harry and Hermione love story.... the original was as well... but what is True Love without a bit of Angst... There may be a date with others from time to time.... but True love will WIN out in the end... I unfortunately am distressed at what is going at FF.net.... I may clear all my stories off of there to put here... everything is on hold right now until I finish H&Bx2....

For those concerned about all the Star Trek references... It is true that MY first writing was in RPG for Trek... but this is not going to be a story where Harry and Hermione end up on the Enterprise... or the Discovery (sorry... my old ship!)

For those that do not know Uhura is Peace in Swahili.... I think that anyone who would name their daughter Hermione would also think of something more unique for her middle name.... my own daughter's middle name is Muirnin which is Beloved in Irish... Besides... Harry James? Those are BOTH names from original Star Trek.... I almost… almost made Sirius's middle initial be Q…. *EVIL GRIN* The Jadzia and Worf is an excellent example of True Love....

Hug's and Kisses

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`»*«´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`»*«´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Muirnin, Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

@}>--'--,--

Founder & Proud Member of KFUFHP-Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter