Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 2 2003-09-02T08:01:00Z 2003-09-02T08:01:00Z 6 2914 12690 RZHRT Creations 315 110 15598 9.2720

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

Author's Note: Ok, so this is a quickie… In answer to a reviewer's question, who never DID sign his/her review? You guys already know what I think about anonymous reviews… subtle hint again!!!! At least put your names… ok???

Ron has some underlying jealousy against Harry… always has had it… because Harry is rich, he is the famous Harry Potter… and all Ron has the power to be is his sidekick… and if you recall, Ron was quick to distrust Harry when it came to the Goblet of Fire incident…


Hermione on the other hand has proven time and again of her unconditional love and support for Harry… (So take THAT you R/Hr shippers) Oh I do love my pumpkin pie…

Hugs and Kisses…

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Muirnin, Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

@}>--'--,--

Founders - KFUFHP - Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

And now… for your reading entertainment I take you to…

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 7 - Cyber vs Reality Check

By the time that dinner was over, Harry was racing back up to his room. However, what he found threw him into complete shock. The instant message from Jadzia had broken his heart…

Tears were filling his emerald green eyes when a knock on his door and Hermione's voice reminded him that he had made a promise to chat with her tonight as themselves…

"I'll log on in a moment Mione…" Harry said as he set to enter into the Common Room under HJP, he had even cyber enhanced his looks so he looked like himself. Internally he was still shaken up about what Jadzia had done to him… He loved her… and she said goodbye… It crushed him as Cho had when she had turned him down for the Yule Ball during 4th year.

HJP Enters the Common Room

Harry looks around and finds Hermione sitting in the over stuffed chairs by the window. He goes over to her.

(The following is going to be written as if they are sitting in reality rather then cyberspace… it will be easier to read that way…)

Harry flopped down in one the other chair and looked up at Hermione. He knew that this was only a cyber version of his best friend and yet he still had the anxious feelings of earlier.

"Harry, are you all right?" Hermione asked.

"No" he said sullenly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

Harry didn't reply for the longest time. Hermione started to get a bit nervous.

"Harry? You still with me?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm still here. Do you remember that girl that I wrote you about… the one that I met here online and had fallen in love with?" Harry asked.

"Yes I do Harry." Hermione said. Her hands shook as she was typing. Had she destroyed her best friend?

"While we were at dinner she sent me an instant message basically saying goodbye. Why would she do such a thing?" Harry asked.

Hermione pondered her answer carefully. She knew why, but not how to explain. "Harry, sometimes anonymity is a good thing… It gives you the freedom to be someone who you would rather be… however; this is a cyber world… we live in reality. The girl who you had fallen in love with was not real… she may be flesh and blood typing what you would like her to be… but she is someone who undoubtedly lives in Gryffindor Tower… and cares a great deal about you… probably loves you…"

Harry read what Hermione had written… she was making a point. But why not tell him who she really was. Wouldn't that have been easier to deal with?

"Mione… if she cares so much about me, then why not tell me who she really is."

"Like I said… Anonymity is a great thing… speaking from experience here, she probably is terrified that you will no longer want to know her anymore… if you knew who she really was."

"But that's silly." Harry said frustrated. "If she only knew how I felt… "

"She does know how you feel… Harry, what you and she shared, can never be taken away from you… you have memories that will remain with you forever. So does she… the only difference is being able to bring them out into reality… not hidden away in cyberspace." Hermione said… it was all she could do to keep from yelling 'I'm Jadzia you twit!'

"How do you know so much about this?" Harry asked.

"I am in love with someone whom I spent a lot of time with in cyberspace, but he would be devastated to know who I am in reality. The shocker is that I already love him in reality as well…"

"Who is it?"

"Do you really need me to say?" Hermione replied.

"Really? But why?"

"Harry, it's like what happened earlier today… you couldn't handle our physical contact because you were afraid of losing your best friend…. I'm still here being your best friend…"

"I guess I was really clueless wasn't I." Harry said.

"Not clueless… just wishing to be anonymous and normal for awhile."

"Why are we having this conversation here rather then face to face…?" Harry asked.

"Because I seriously doubt I could be this honest with you about this subject… and being who you would want me to be face to face…. You said you were terrified of losing me… I am more so afraid of losing you. At least here, I am not looking into your beautiful green eyes and wanting you to hold me and kiss me and realizing that you are just as afraid as I am." Hermione was opening up her heart ready for it to be broken.

"Mione… about Jadzia and Worf… "

"No… they are gone… they are just memories… I would give anything to just be myself with you…" Hermione was crying while she was typing this.

"I want to be myself with you as well… However, the intimacy they shared last night… I'm not ready for in reality." Harry said honestly.

"And you think I am? Harry, I have loved you since I was 11 years old… You have saved my life countless times… and what we shared yes WE! Shared last night was beyond anything I could have dreamt. However, in our minds, it is two separate people. Jadzia and Worf… and we felt it all…" By this time Hermione was crying so hard that she was sure that the silencing charm around her room would have dissolved and she would be heard by everyone in the house.

"Can we start over?" Harry asked.

"What do you mean start over…?" Hermione asked thru her tears.

"Would you go outside with me and go for a walk around the grounds." Harry asked.

"Out there… in reality? Do you think that is safe?"

"It's safer then being in here… knowing you are the one I fell in love with online… I want to know you in reality… and right now it's taking all my virtual courage not to take you in my arms and make passionate love to you… and not see you as Jadzia…."

"I love you Harry… with all my heart… Nevertheless, I am scared beyond all reason right now." Hermione said shakily.

"Mione, I do love you… that is probably why I have had such a hard time being around you physically lately. Because I think deep down I knew Jadzia was you… What I want to do right now… is spend time with you in the real world and fall in love with you… in the real world."

"You had no clue I was Jadzia… not even deep down…" Hermione joked.

"Really really really deep down… maybe?" Harry responded. "Ok so I was young and clueless… now, will you help me fill in the blanks?"

"Just promise me something… I'm not ready for a really physical relationship in reality… but if we need too… we still have here…" Hermione asked, still having memories of how powerful he had made love to her in cyberspace.

"Oh trust me… I will let you know…." Harry grinned. "I really enjoyed myself last night… "

"So did I… and someday, I hope we can make that a reality… but just not yet…"

"You know… we could always just stay here…" he grinned some more. "Or find someplace a bit more private."

"I got your number Potter… I know what you want to do…" Hermione teased, "But I think we do need to face each other first… then maybe we can come back in here… Besides… I want you to have a look at your mom's journal…"

"Have you looked through it?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I have… that's here I found her notes… for the cure. But there's a letter in there to you… written the night they died…"

"Grab your cloak… and the book…" Harry said with determination. "I think it's time to face reality and check into my own bravery."

"I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes… I'll grab us something hot to drink to take with us… " Hermione said.

HUG and HJP leave the Common Room…

After about 10 minutes Harry and Hermione were outside, walking towards a special destination that only Hermione knew about. She had told Harry that it was a place his father had created special for his mom…

"Aren't we going to need lights or something?" Harry asked shifting the picnic basket in his left hand.

"Not according to your mother's journal. It's all taken care of." Hermione said feeling the warmth of Harry's right hand in her left hand. They had clasped hands at the beginning of their walk without even thinking about it.

Soon the sound of rushing water hit their ears, and they came upon an area that was of spectacular beauty. Real fairy lights gave off an ethereal look to the water garden. There was a small waterfall, with an assortment and variety of medicinal and ornamental flowers and herbs.

Together they stretched out a blanket that Winky had provided and sat down next to a large weeping willow tree. Hermione had transformed a large boulder into a cushioned bolster to place behind them as they sat down to look at his mother's journal.

Hermione handed the book to Harry again and then turned to pour them each a cup of hot coffee that they had brought with them.

Handing a cup to Harry, he took a sip for fortification.. ( I know it's only coffee!!!) then opened the glowing book up, it radiated warmth to both of them.

Again as before the tiny figures of Lily and James Potter stood upon its page.

"Mom? Dad?" Harry gasped. It hadn't been a hallucination before.

"Harry… my you have sure grown up." Lily had said.

"Son, you and your companion place your hands on this book for us." James said in a husky form of Harry's voice.

Harry and Hermione did as they were asked. When they did however, the entire book glowed brighter then they had ever seen it glow and the images of Lily and James began to enlarge to the size of adult humans, still with an ethereal glow to them.

"Thank you Harry and Hermione." James said. He looked around, "Ah I see you have found your mother's secret garden."

"Actually Hermione found it after reading the journal." Harry said. "I haven't read it yet."

"Ah… so you are the one…" Lily said in an all knowing tone.

Hermione nodded, Harry looked confused. "Moony and I were talking about that earlier today when he saw me reading the journal."

"Hermione, you and I have quite a bit to discuss without the men around alright." Lily said.

"Yes Mrs. Potter."

"It's Lily to you dear… I think I may be able to help you with that potion for Moony after all…"

"Mom? How did you know?" Harry asked still very confused.

"When you and Hermione placed your hands on the journal you infused us with memories of your lives together among other things. It will be as if we were never gone…" Lily said.

James looked extremely sad, "I am so sorry Padfoot is gone. I only wish that Wormtail was dead for betraying us like he did."

"Sirius spent 12 years in Azkaban because of that rat…" Lily said bitterly, giving a look to James of I told you so. "I just hope that when the time comes to vanquish Voldemort Harry, you will be able to do it quickly and soundly and then really give it to Wormtail…"

"I know Lily, I should have trusted Moony more…" James said. "Having one's memory locked away for 15 years in a journal gives one time to think about what could have been."

"Were you aware the entire 15 years?" Hermione asked astounded.

"No not the entire 15 years… just from the time that you opened the journal for the first time…" Lily said and then smiled. "Moony was right you know… about what you talked about earlier…"

"That's why Harry and I came out here tonight… so we could discuss things." Hermione said.

"Ok kids, first thing tomorrow morning, I want you to take the journal over to the Manor… I want Peta and Vernon to place their hands on it like you did tonight… I need some answers to questions and want to make sure that Peta knows I don't hold her responsible…." Lily said.

"I sure as hell hold Dursley responsible. Locking my son up in a cupboard for 10 years…." James began to rant.

"Prongs, not now… what's done is done… and Harry is better for it… believe me… " Lily said then turning to Harry she said, "We will be here whenever you need us to be, for both of you. After you have your aunt and uncle do that, then I want Hermione to take the book down into the potion lab downstairs of the Cuddle Castle. I think together we can make some awesome progress… we only have a week before the next time Moony needs the potion."

"Well with your notes, Professor Snape's potion he's been using for Moony, and my knowledge of muggle chemistry I think we might have the answer's towards the cure." Hermione said.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what we can come up with… In the mean time, you kids have your talk… yes we know what it's about… we also know what you feel in your hearts… don't be afraid… and just so you know Harry, Divination isn't stupid… Trelawney may have been right about the prophecy, but she is an idiot from what I can tell by your memories… Thank God, I never had her for a teacher… I would have done exactly what Hermione did…Anyway…. There's a letter that I wrote to you Harry… you will understand when I say this… Trust your heart. She's right there with you now…" Lily said. "Now close this book up, you need some time to talk…"

Closing the book up, Harry watched as his parents disappeared then he turned and looked at Hermione. "Come here." He said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Thank you…" he said tenderly kissing her. "Not only have you given me my parents back, you answered the questions of my heart…"

Resting her head on his shoulder, he draped their cloaks over them a bit more, "It's not me you need to thank about giving your parents to you love… it's all your mother's doing. I just made you look at the book."

"And for that I will be eternally grateful.' He put his fingers under her chin and turned her eyes up towards his, "The questions of my heart were about my soul mate and about love… and mom answered that as well. I love you so much Mione. I know now that it was more then just being best friends… you have given me the love and confidence I have needed all these years. You are a true Gryffindor yourself my love, your bravery showed through tonight when you had Jadzia say goodbye… and now it's time for me to say Hello to the woman I love."

He lowered his lips down to hers and tasted the sweetness that he knew was Hermione. She responded to the kiss, snuggling in closer to him pulling him in closer with her arms around him. When the kiss ended she laid her head down on his shoulder again and closed her eyes.

"You do know that I have mastered Occlumency and Legilimency." Hermione said quietly.

"Oh really? So you can prowl around my brain like Snape did?" Harry said looking down at her with her eyes shut.

Then deep in his mind he heard her voice 'I can do more then that too my love. Who do you think changed your memory of last night this morning…'

"You learned to be a telepath as well…" Harry asked.

"No, you can't learn to be a telepath, but you can use the Occlumency and Legilimency to telepathic uses… I will help you learn to block out Voldemort better… and in the process, learn to use the telepathic portions of the skills…" Hermione said quietly.

"Well that will come in handy during exams." Harry said with a grin.

Hermione sat up and smacked his chest, "Harry James Potter, I can't believe you sometimes. I would NEVER let you…" what ever the rest of her rant was Harry stifled with a kiss that caused Hermione to melt back into his arms.

Both of them lay there enveloped in their love for one and other, and drifted off to sleep.

Ok… quickie over… Please read and review… I would really appreciate it…