Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 819 2003-09-02T22:00:00Z 2003-09-04T12:30:00Z 2003-09-04T12:30:00Z 6 4528 19962 RZHRT Creations 455 127 24524 9.2720

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

Author's Note: I may do a Ron and Luna story based on what is in this story…. No promises quite yet… Maybe Draco and Ginny as well… I have been thinking too much about this story… worse then that… I am making my chapters so long… *rolls eyes*

Please be aware…

This entire chapter is based entirely on Hermione's point of view…

From the future to the flashback… hope you enjoy…

This is not the end of the story by a long shot… its only Part 1 of a 4 Part story…

There is lots of adventure to go…

Hugs and Kisses…

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'•..¤..•'´)¸.'´)

´¨`•.* Muirnin *.•´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.•'´¤`'•.¸)`'.)

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

Now… for your reading entertainment I take you to…

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 8 - Great Day to be Alive

October 31, 2022

San Francisco, California USA

The golden amber liquid slid down her throat, burning on its way down, as she tossed the glass of single malt Scotch Whiskey back in one swallow. Her eyes threatened to tear up and then with a swipe of the back of her hand she dried them quickly; then brought the cigarette to her lips and took a long drag, a sizzling of the dry tobacco leaves intensified as she inhaled the smoke. It had been 8 years since she had begun a habit that she never thought she would have started… but here she was.

She sat on her small porch balcony overlooking the San Francisco Bay, her long slender legs resting on the metal railing as her head reclined back against the chair where she sat. Finally, she released the smoke letting it float out to mingle with the fog that had settled since the earlier rain. The dampness in the air had caused her deep chestnut hair to go back to a bushiness that had not been common since she had left school, but little did she care about her appearance.

Resolutely she finished her cigarette and headed back into the bedroom where she had left the man from earlier in the evening. He had already gotten up and was dressed when she got back inside.

"I knew I hadn't lost my touch… I must have been very good for you if you needed a cigarette after that." The man quipped with a smirk, leaving his pudgy face in a repulsive sneer. The man's balding head had ripples of fat that disappeared into a non-existent neckline. He ran his hand over his grey-haired obese chest and belly. His own satisfaction was evident and he honestly believed that he had been the best she had ever had.

"Only in your dreams… You got what you want so I suggest you just leave." She said with a loathing that could cut through the fog outside. "Arsehole."

He walked over to her, tucked a number of bills into her hand, and then said, "You British bitches are all the same… hot fucks but just a bunch of fucking psychotic cunts." He turned and left, slamming the door behind him.

She laughed sardonically at this. Oh if he only knew the truth about her…

She looked at the wad of bills in her hand and tossed the muggle money - several hundred dollars worth, on to the bed. Walking passed the full-length mirror she could see her 42-year-old body, its womanly shape still in a youthful and prime condition. Her voluptuous breasts breaking over the top of her black satin bra that matched the tiny black g-string she wore. Her makeup smeared but that was not unusual these days.

Taking a swipe with one of her long red perfectly manicured fingernails, she cleaned up a bit of the cherry red lipstick that had smeared beyond its boundaries on her luscious mouth. Then tightening the belt on her silk red kimono robe and then walked over to where the bottle of Scotch sat; considered it a moment and picked it up, heading back out onto the balcony.

The revelers in the Castro District were in high spirits on this Halloween. She could see from her balcony many of the costumed partiers. She could hear the sound of a radio station KMEL (yes, it is a real station in San Francisco… I miss it so!) playing hit after hit of local bands that had made it famous. It was a Halloween treat she supposed.

Forgoing the glass this time, she tipped the bottle of 18-year-old Glenmorangie Single Malt Whiskey to her lips and began to guzzle the liquor, burning its way to her belly. The effects of the alcohol was beginning to cause her brain to numb out again… a feeling she had come to relish, a way to surrender herself to the pain that had coursed through her soul for the last 15 years.

She had spent of the 25 years since graduating Hogwarts doing a myriad of unusual things. From being a wife and a mother, to teaching potions at Hogwarts to being the prostitute she was now… She had essentially left the wizarding world emotionally behind 15 years prior. Years of unshed tears threatened her emotions, silently relinquishing the past indiscretions of a series of events that had caused her so much torment that she had no way to suppress them anymore.

The radio station began to play an old song from Journey… She knew this song so well; it was one that had been used to break his heart… Remember me… As she listened to the song she finally, succumbing to the tears, she wept uncontrollably. How long she sat there taking long swigs from the bottle

The white snowy owl sat quietly upon the railing, a letter tied to her leg. When finally its appearance noticed, the woman looked at it as if it were a warning to danger. "Why now Hedwig?" she asked, her eyes still puffy and swollen from her crying. The snowy white owl hopped over to the woman's arm, stretched her neck up, and gave a light peck on the lips. "I've missed you too girl."

Reaching over she untied the letter and held it in her hands. Getting up she walked into the apartment, Hedwig following closely and grabbed a small bowl that had held some pretzels in it holding it out to the owl. "If it had been any other bloody bird, I wouldn't do this… but for you, here you go." She placed the bowl down for her to munch happily.

Looking down at the letter in her shaking hands, she noticed the thick parchment paper with which the letter was written. Since leaving the wizarding world, she had not received any owls from anyone. Turning the envelope over she saw the monogram HJP, and the tears began again. Shakily she opened the envelope and pulled out the letter whose familiar handwriting glared back at her.

My Dearest Mione,

I know things are not well for you. I wish you would trust me my love and let me help you. The Goblins told me that you have not touched any of the money in your Gringott's Vault…

Sweetheart…

Your leaving was painful for both of us. When you asked for the divorce, I could not refuse you. I never wanted the divorce. However, you felt you had to dissolve the vows we made when we were married… that you had to do it, I agreed. I still hold those vows to you in my heart…

Know this that even after 15 years' I love you with all my heart… I always have and always will. You asked me not to contact you, I agreed… but I cannot stay silent from you any longer. Find myself all alone in darkness without you, now I cannot turn away from what I must do. You know I would give my life for you, more than words can say… Sound familiar?

Not having you in my life is like not being able to breath. You have been and always will be my best friend… no matter how long we are separated from each other. It is our anniversary… but it will never be happy…

I know you feel like you are probably safer where you are, then here in Wales… The memories of this place are ever present even to me… However, Godrics Hollow is more like Godrics Void without you. Life is not the same without you…

There is a reason why I am contacting you after all these years.

I found Jesyka… our little girl is alive! Although she is not a little girl anymore… but a young woman… possessed of powers so great… However, I need your help to get her back. She did indeed become the child of prophecy that Albus had told us of so many years ago… I told you I would not stop until I found her…

I love you… Everything I am, I am because you loved me so long ago… I am leaving Hedwig with you, to protect you and remind you that I will give my life to protect you… Even if I failed you before… I will not fail you again….

Love Always,

Harry

'I found Jesyka.' The words exploded from the page. "It's not possible," She said as she looked at the letter again.

Hermione Uhura Granger Potter had always prided herself on being so intelligent when she was younger. She had known what she wanted and made sure she got what she wanted…

When she had first seen Harry James Potter that day on the Hogwarts Express, she knew he would be the one for her. Fame was not that which had drawn her to him. It was his eyes… those incredible, exotic, alluring emerald green eyes hiding behind those round black glasses with the tape wrapped around the bridge. Then, it was his manner. He was the most sincere person she had ever met, and she had fallen in love with him right there… it was not until their first summer without Sirius Black that she really loved him.

Going back out onto the balcony, a slight drizzle began to fall. Hedwig had flown over to be by her, protectively. She took another swig from her bottle, lit a cigarette and leaned her head back… remembering that night under the weeping willow tree.

August 2nd, 1996

Godric's Hollow (Lily's Secret Garden)

Hermione had drifted off to sleep in Harry's protective arms. He loved her, she loved him… there was no need to rush intimacy for them now… because of their cyber encounter they knew each other better then they knew themselves.

She awoke to a pop and then the sound of rain… gently falling down around them, yet here under the branches of the large weeping willow they were protected from the rain. It acted like a giant canopy, magically pulled back to reveal their hiding place. The pop had been Winky bringing them another basket with fruit and fresh bread along with hot coffee. She had also draped a large woolen blanket over the sleeping pair.

"Oh Winky, you didn't need to do this." Hermione whispered not wanting to wake Harry.

"Miss, Winky knows how you need to be with Harry Potter miss. Did not mean to wake you..."

"Don't you dare hurt yourself Winky… it wasn't you that woke me it was the rain." Hermione said

"No Miss, I will not iron my fingers or hurt myself for waking you… if that is your wish. It is still early, you should go back to sleep." Then Winky added looking at Harry, "I fear he may need your help in his dreams Miss. Help him." And with a pop she was gone.

Closing her eyes, she silently said the spell that allowed her into Harry's mind. He was reliving the night Sirius died, but in this version Sirius had already gone beyond the veil. Bellatrix Lestrange was now pulling Hermione's body towards the veil as well.

Hermione knew she must act quickly. Harry was hysterical at the knowledge that he had lost Sirius and now was about to lose Hermione…

Quietly she began speaking to him in his mind… "Harry, it's a dream… I'm right here with you… Don't be afraid you aren't going to lose me."

She kept on… until she heard Harry's voice "Mione? You aren't dead?"

"No my love you saved me again… let's go back to someplace nicer then here…" She said as she tried to guide his mind away from the Department of Mysteries.

Then she heard another voice in his mind. "It's not going to be that easy to keep him away from me" the voice hissed.

"You can't have him Voldemort" Hermione's mind said as she felt him now intruding into her own mind. She used a stunning spell to extract him from her mind. She opened her eyes. Harry was looking at her concerned because he had seen in his mind the evil dark wizard going after Hermione, when she refused to allow him to take Harry's mind over again.

"How did you do that so quickly?" Harry asked her gathering her closer in his arms.

"I told you, I mastered the skills that Professor Snape had been teaching you… Now I know, you need to be taught how to master them yourself."

"Mione, last night wasn't a dream was it?" Harry said looking into her cinnamon eyes.

"No dream Harry, we spoke with your parents…" Harry cut her off…

"I know that part, but the part where you and I love each other… " Harry said with a sparkle in his eye.

"You didn't dream that at all. We slept the entire night in each others arms… and look Winky has brought us breakfast."

"You really do love me…" Harry said still a bit shocked.

"Of course I do you dolt… ever since I was 11… and more so when you saved me from the Mountain Troll on Halloween… and the way you kept looking after me when I was petrified by the basilisk… You might not be aware of it, but I knew you were there holding my hand… I wanted to yell out to the world that I loved you… but I could not… I was petrified" she gives a slight tweak of her lips… "The only way I could let you know was when I hugged you in the great hall… I was so glad to see you still alive…"

Harry put a finger up to her lips and said, "Shush, we have time to relive all of that…" Then leaning down he kissed her with so much passionate tenderness that she thought her heart would explode. How did he do that… make her so hungry for his kiss and yet be so gentle about it…

"See, you aren't a bad kisser…" She commented as he kissed her again.

Several hours later, they returned to the Cuddle Castle… and went to the potion lab. Opening the book again, this time Lily stepped out into the room. She instructed Hermione to cast a spell on the pages from the book and they duplicated themselves leaving a visible trace of Lily with them. Then Harry closed the book, Lily remained while the pages were there… and Harry headed up towards the manor.

"Lily, you have to teach me all you know… what you have done…" Hermione said.

"What I have done is found ways to protect those that I love… I know you love my son… you are his soul mate, I saw it in the stars shortly before we died… I also know that beyond the happiness that you and Harry have, there will still be tragedy, sorrow and triumph. That is not for years from now… Just enjoy each day as it comes… celebrate your love and by all means get him studying Occlumency." Lily said.

"Yes, I already have… are all Potter men's minds so easily played with?" Hermione said with a smile.

"Not just Potter men…" Lily grinned. "All men's minds are fun to play with… why I could tell you tales about what I had done to the Marauder's…"

"Oh Do tell…" came a gruff voice from the doorway of the potions lab. Remus Lupin stood there with Severus Snape standing behind him. Both men looked like they were in shock at the visible image of Lily Potter. "My God, I had no idea you had done this to your journal."

Turning quickly, Lily exclaimed "Moony!" then seeing Severus behind him she said scathingly, "What's he doing here?"

"Lily I am here to assist Lupin with his Wolfsbane potion. However, I can see with you and Miss Granger working on it I need not have bothered to come." He said matter of factly.

"Oh… you need not bothered to come? Or perhaps you were going to cast another spell over Petunia." Lily said.

Snape's face paled (if that is at all possible) "What ever do you mean by that Lily?"

"My journal is charmed… Harry took it upstairs to the manor and had Vernon and Peta put their hands on the book… Right now it is up in the manor with Harry and James" Lily said with her hands on her hips, "These pages are from the journal hence the reason that James and I can be in two places at once. However, when they placed their hands on the journal, it enabled us to see into their memories… seen the pact that you had made with Vernon Dursley to keep Petunia away from myself and the Marauders."

Severus Snape had been on the wrong side of Lily before, after he had called her a mudblood in anger.

"You should be glad that since Sirius died, Peta's begun to regain some of her memories of times she shared with us… with you…" she glided towards him her ethereal form glowing with anger, "You and Padfoot were rivals for her affection as I recall… and then Dursley came into the picture. I had never quite understood why she turned against all of us so vehemently… Alas, it worked against you as well… she grew to hate all things magical including YOU."

"I am so sorry Lily. I had no idea the affect the spelled potion would have on her. I was only in 7th year and thought that I could do this obliviate love potion on Peta…"

"Were you also aware of the fact that due to your incompetence, she was never able to find out about her latent magical abilities? My sister Petunia is a muggle born witch… with latent talents, that I am sure my son and others will be more then helpful to bring out."

"Oh My God! Harry's up there with James and the Dursley's.." Remus said turning to bolt up the stone stairs to get back to the manor.

"Moony, don't worry about it… it's like I told Mione a few moments ago… I can control James' anger from here…."

"From what I have been able to pick up from their conversation, Harry's Uncle isn't saying much but is very remorseful of what he did so man years ago…" Hermione said.

"Miss Granger, how do you know this?" Snape asked.

"When you came and told Harry at Christmas that he had to learn Occlumency I began studying as well… I have mastered Occlumency and Legilimency… I have already battled Voldemort once today in control of Harry's mind… so don't even bother to see if you can get into mine." Hermione said forcefully, with her hands on her hips, almost identical stance as Lily.

Both Remus and Severus looked between Lily and Hermione and felt they were seeing double. Both were images of the other.

"Now Professor Snape, If you wouldn't mind, I would be honored if you would check over my work, since Lily is not able to be corporeal separated from the journal as she is… " Hermione said.

Snape walked over to where they had been constructing the potion and looked between his ingredient list, the notes from the journal and the notes that Hermione had made. He then looked at the cauldron where the contents had turned to a magnificent sapphire blue. "This looks nothing like the Wolfsbane potion I have been making for Lupin." Snape said.

"That is because it is not. Between Lily and me, we are trying a new potion… If it works Moony will no longer have any of the ill affects of his Werewolfism." Hermione said with a nervous smile.

Remus looked at Hermione, "You mean…"

"Yeah I do Moony… but this will end up being a daily ritual for you… sort of like Insulin is for Diabetics… you will need to take this potion everyday of your life." She said and then added, "I've also simplified the complexities of the potion… and I believe that if it I can get Harry to make it, you can make it no problem."

Remus leaned against the stone wall and in shock slid down to sit on the ground.

"We shall see…" Severus said quietly.

"You can begin taking the potion today Moony… to help with the PWS." Said Lily, then turning quietly to Hermione she added, "Pre Werewolf Syndrome… sort of Moony's version of PMS."

They both laughed hysterically as Hermione got a goblet and began to fill it up then taking it over to Moony. "Drink up."

As Moony tipped the goblet back in one gulp Hermione held her breath.

"That actually tastes good too! What on earth did you use to sweeten it?" He asked handing back the goblet to Hermione.

"Pure Clove Honey…" Hermione grinned.

"You may still have an urge to howl at the moon, but it will be in human form… and there should be no threat from your bite after about one cycle of the potion and moon." Lily said confidently then added, "We will know for sure in 2 weeks at the full moon."

For that reason, as the night of the full moon came, it was decided to have a gathering of all interested parties to see if the new potion worked… Dumbledore, along with many of the teachers from Hogwarts, Ministry members, as well as Healer's from St. Mungo's had arrived at the manor. So many people were intrigued about the mysterious potion that had been created.

Petunia and Vernon Dursley acted as host and Hostess for the party, both of their memories returned about the full wizarding community and Vernon wanted to make a good impression on the so called Dignitaries that assembled throughout the manor. Molly Weasley seemed transformed after what seemed like a vacation from home and kids. She looked wonderful and very relaxed. Ron, Ginny, Harry and Hermione greeted her. Even Dudley had come over and introduced himself… He had become Ginny's own Pygmalion.

Nevertheless, what lit up Ginny's eyes was the appearance of Narcissa Malfoy and her son Draco. Ginny gave Hermione a knowing smile and then introduced Dudley to Draco, who was very sullen, compared to his normal, sarcastic self.

Hermione laughed to herself and then she, Harry and Professor Dumbledore made their way over towards the Cuddle Castle where they would be outside of Remus Lupin's room when the full moon arrived. Remus had already put himself into his room, resting comfortably and talking to James and Lily, since it was decided that he would have the journal at that time. Lily had even had Hermione place and additional charm on the journal so that it could automatically record the events of the evening…

When the full moon came out completely, and there was not a single twitch from Moony, James howled in excitement. Soon word passed on to those up in the manor and the many assembled made their way to the Cuddle Castle to see the "cure" that had been made.

It was at this time that Professor Dumbledore announced that Remus Lupin would be returning to Hogwarts, to once again become the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor with Miss Granger and Mr. Potter acting as the Defensive Arts junior instructors. Dumbledore intended to continue the D.A. that had been started the year before.

Hermione, cornered by Luna Lovegood's father, offered her an exclusive interview with her about how she was able to cure Werewolfism. She thought about this for a moment and then told him that she would get back to him.

She saw Ginny over in the corner whispering something in Dudley's ear and seeing him blush. She looked over and saw Draco scowling in his most formidable way. Dudley kissed Ginny on the cheek, wandered over to where Draco stood and saw him say something to him. Hermione watched this interaction as Draco who normally was very pale, blushed and then stared at Ginny. Ginny's eyes lit up with a mischievous gaze and then with a small crook of her finger she headed upstairs and out into the garden.

Draco had looked around and then quickly followed up the stairs….

Dudley had gone over and was speaking with one of the girls from Hogwarts that had shown up… Lavender Brown. They seemed to have a very intense conversation. Hermione rolled her eyes and then looked for Harry who was standing in another corner watching people as well. Ron and Luna were dancing without any music going on and Harry stood there with a grin on his face.

Soon, their eyes locked with one and other. Within a split second, they were together in a corner themselves holding hands and staring at each other.

"You don't know how much I love you." Harry said quietly to her.

"If it's half as much as I love you then it is an awful lot." Hermione said.

"I don't think this gathering is going to end… how about we go into the common room." He said with his eyes twinkling.

"I've got a better idea Harry… Go get logged in, and then follow my directions." Hermione said with a wicked smirk.

"What are you planning?"

"It's a surprise… but I know you will enjoy it." Hermione said.

The couple had not been cyber intimate since his birthday… so concentrated on the potion for Moony they were just spending the evenings quietly on the sofa in the living room, reading or resting. Harry spent part of the time talking with his parents about Sirius…

(Ok I lied, this is from Harry's POV now…)

Once Harry had logged into the virtual Hogwarts world, he received an instant message from Hermione that said

Put your virtual attachment on and visualize going into your mother's secret garden.

Harry smiled, locking his room and securing the silencing charms then moved over towards the bed.

Soon he was back in the virtual world this time Lily's Secret Garden, and there under the Weeping Willow tree was Hermione, dressed in the sheerest of fabrics just draped about her body. He walked over to her and she opened her arms up to him. He went gratefully into her arms and kissed her passionately. Knowing how she kissed in real life made the virtual kiss seem more real. Her skin felt soft under his touch. How he wanted to know her intimately in reality, but he knew they were not ready.

Please Review… Thanks…