Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Disclaimer… See Chapter 1 & 10 for the standard Disclaimer… I OWN NOTHING… *sniff*

Author's Note: October 16, 2003: I'd like to apologize for the length of time since Chapter 10 came out (and for the length of this A/N! *LOL* you can skip the A/N if you don't want to hear about my news! IE: my rants and raves…) I would have put all of this in LiveJournal but I don't have an account and don't know anyone that can help me get my own pages… (subtle hint.. *grin*)

Life can throw so many lemons at you at times you don't know if making Lemonade is going to be enough…

I have been dealing with a lot of stress and turmoil here in the last couple of months… Many of you commented about the chapter that involved Hermione's depressing future… After what I have gone thru lately, I can see how someone can fall that far not caring about how destructive those behaviors that are so against your normal can surface… I experienced this first hand when a medication I was taking caused me to dive further into depression and into a suicidal spin…I began cutting myself and hitting my head trying to hurt myself rather then cause any harm to my beautiful children… Although we have gotten my medication and depression somewhat under control, I did in fact have my children taken from me… they are currently in foster care with my sister… who I am so thankful to God for her continuing love and support… It will take a couple more months before the state will allow the kids back to me… I have been lost without them, but having the chance to talk to them each day and see them for a couple of hours a week has been a big help… When I was at my lowest, I prayed for help… this is what I got as an answer… It is for times like this, that we truly understand the power of prayer and take time to interpret the answers the Lord gives us…

As most of you know, I went to Canada to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary and try to get my husband back into the USA… needless to say… I came back alone. I was met with hostility and grief at almost every turn in Canada (including my father-in-law *shiver*)… only two bright spots had shown thru… the time spent with my beloved Mutant Consort Lord Logan… and getting to see one of my Kindred Sisters - the one and only Lovely Alluring Lady Lisa…

Government agencies since 9/11 have done so much to TRY to keep terrorism out of the United States and Canada and yet… while spouting their truths of Family Values, they defecate on the family by keeping true loved ones apart… I know that I cannot be the only one victimized by circumstances involving the Immigration process and laws… I know with all my heart, that my beloved and I will be together again… and not in 9 years like Homeland Security has informed us… not even 3 years as we had been previously told… Our children will be reunited with us, their parents, here in the United States and we WILL be a family again… We have been having people checking out our paperwork to figure out why Immigration keeps saying it's wrong… It is not like this is a marriage of convenience… it's a marriage based on love and with government intervention INCONVENIENCE *LOL*, at least my husband still thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world… and the only one for him! Got that information confirmed by a number of people where he works…

I came home to many surprises… the first of which was no power… lost everything in my refrigerator. The second of which is no internet for awhile… seems my phone company has mislaid some of my payments and rather then paying my MSN account they have been covering their own arse and only letting me have local dial tone… it's going to take some time to get this mess figured out…

(added October 25, 2003 as an afterthought…) Oh and then the third thing… my neighbor's kids downstairs gave me a white kitten with blue eyes because they thought I was lonely *so sweet* … the kitten (can't tell if it's a boy or girl!) has very pale ginger ear tips and matching ring tail… I've named her Emmadanrupe Watscliffegrin… I call the kitten Em for short… I know horribly LONG name… but I just couldn't think of what to name the kitten and she didn't look like a Hedwig, not enough ginger for a Crookshanks nor ratty enough for a Scabbers… Granted with my luck… she is a he… I have NEVER had a cat this young before… Em keeps trying to eat my hair!!!! I don't think there is any nutritional value in hair (nor thumbs as I have told Rosie…) Ok back to my train of thought… (I do tend to get derailed!) - closure of my afterthought… (Update October 31, 2003… Em is a BOY!!!)

In the mean time… I do live in a college town (more schools in the area then I can think of…) and can get access to the Internet through my library… hopefully my e-mail won't be shut down… *sigh* Unfortunately, I don't have access to my reviews right now… so I can't refer to them directly or quote them properly… Sorry…

(message: October 30, 2003 Well my first attempt to use the Library computers was a waste of time… they wouldn't upload to Portkey… so I have to try something else… My e-mail is still working!!! Yeah… and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get my MSN up in about 1 week… hopefully not much longer… Oh.. and for those of you who love skiing… Utah has been hit with it's first snow!!! It's still snowing lightly here in Provo, but the mountains around us are engulfed in snow clouds… I can't wait for them to clear so I can see the majestic mountains surrounding the Wasatch Front…)

Anyway, this chapter is not too mushy… but does set up a lot of the activity in the chapters to come. So, bear with me for a while. With my DSL down, I seem to be able to get more writing done and not as much reading… *drat* However, I am not able to be in contact with my lovely beta's… so forgive me for not getting this proofed before sending it on…

I have loved most of the reviews I have gotten thus far. Some have been very informative and extremely well written in it's critique. A few have been a bit harsh but then not everyone can see that this story while trying to be canon to a point is very much AU; especially since JKR has said that there is a different way for people to communicate and research that is faster than computers. I have two words for you… Literary License!

Oh and one last thing… to the dear reviewer who commented that chatting was not common in 95/96… I beg to differ… you see I met my beloved husband online, thru chatting and oh my… it was during that time frame AND I chatted with people all over the globe not just in North America! While some people had complained about JKR's reference to Playstation in 1994 (I have no idea since I don't have one…), the Internet has been around for quite a long time… but this is not reality… get a grip! Sorry, but I was taking computer classes clear back in 1982… granted it was a great deal different then what we have today but it was still a computer and the military had been using forms of what we know of the internet back then… If what you want is realism… don't read fantasy fiction but stick with the evening news… though even that seems fake some times… (Don't get me started on "reality" shows like Survivor or Big Brother… or the Bachelor etc… Ok… so Fear Factor is pretty cool… but the others…*shiver*)

*Climbs down off of soap box*

Thanks for listening… I miss you guys! Sorry I am not around to be able to write reviews for some of my favorite authors… Can't wait to read some of your stories!

Hugs and Kisses…

As Always,

Muirnin, Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

(very frustrated writer!)

With loving support (and sometime Betas) by…

Becky, First Princess-Royal Family of Cliffies

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Lisa, the Lovely Alluring Lady-Royal Family of Cliffies

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Founders - KFUFHP - Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---