Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 9 2003-08-23T11:49:00Z 2003-08-23T11:49:00Z 5 2233 10039 RZHRT Creations 258 56 12287 9.2720 114 4

Disclaimer: This is a collaborative work by members of the KFUFHP. We do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan and members of the KFUFHP. Any references to Star Trek characters are the property of Paramount studios and Eugene Wesley Roddenberry (Our beloved Great Bird of the Galaxy may he RIP) and his widow who is just as wonderful… Majel Barrett Roddenberry…

Money is in no way being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion is always strongly advised.

We the KFUFHP celebrate the greatness of the writers and creators of Harry Potter and Star Trek and only wish to honor them with our writing.

Peace,

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'•..¤..•'´)¸.'´)

´¨`•.* Muirnin *.•´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.•'´¤`'•.¸)`'.)

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2 By the Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART ONE - Summer Without Sirius

Chapter 1 - Changes Abound at the Dursley's

Even after everyone had said their piece to the Dursley's while they were still at Platform 9 ¾, their good intentions could not erase the uneasiness and hollowness Harry felt, his mind drifting off to sleep. In his sleep he went back to the department of mysteries...

Only one couple was still battling, apparently unaware of the new arrival. Harry saw Sirius duck Bellatrix's jet of red light He laughed, "Come on You can do better then that!" he yelled his voice still echoing around the cavernous room

The second jet of light hit him square on the chest.

The laughter had not quite died away from his face, but his eyes were wide in shock.... then as Sirius seemed to take ages to fall backward through the ragged veil hanging from the arch Sirius' featured turned into Hermione's and she disappeared through the veil... all he could hear was the triumphant scream of Bellatrix Lestrange.... and Hermione's cries of Harry save me....

Harry's head popped up and he realized it was just a dream... or was it.... he knew some small part of it was real.... But why Hermione? She had almost died because of him.... the thought brought tears to his eyes… which he tried to hide.

It was then that Harry realized that it was just like his parents… yet this time it felt more ironic, because of the fact that he had very little memories of Lily and James, but with Sirius who was his Godfather, he shared so many memories… the bad and some very good… All that was left of the Marauders was Remus Lupin… and the traitorous Peter Petagrew.

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia were overly quiet on the ride home, as was Dudley who had pressed his massive body as close to the car door, probably with the thought that he would be Harry's next victim. Dudley had finally heard the whole story about the Triwizard cup outcome and with Cedric's death, he was positive he would be next.

As they pulled into the drive at Number 4 Privet Drive, the sight of Mrs. Figgs along with her trusty cat Mr. Tibbles greeted them.

When Dudley saw Mrs. Figgs, he cowered holding his buttocks. He still remembered vividly how that giant man had left him with a tail and then remembered all the happiness being drained from him… remembering how she had come up to him and his cousin Harry; what later had been explained as an attack by Dementors. The thought of it still scared the shit out of him…

"Vernon, Petunia… I think we need to have a talk in the house. Harry and HIM should be there as well." Mrs. Figgs said in a very stern voice showing her disapproval of Dudley and wanting to cut out the bullshit. She had spent the majority of 15 years watching Harry be abused by the Dursley's as well as being the early years punching bag of the obnoxious, idiot son of Vernon and Petunia's.

"Oh what do you want Arabella?" Petunia said as she headed towards the front door, brushing past her showing her obvious displeasure at her referral to her precious Diddikins as HIM.

"Oh you WILL find out soon enough… " She said mysteriously.

Dudley wanted nothing more then to get into the house and hide; he would have entered the house but Mrs. Figgs would not let him... She held the rotund boy back to let Harry let inside and then Dudley let out a little scream of anger...

Soon the Dursley's had seated themselves around the kitchen table, after Dudley had told Petunia and Vernon not to trust her cause she is one of THEM!

Harry stood next to Mrs. Figgs, her arm protective and yet comfortingly around his shoulders.

"ARE YOU WITCH?" Vernon bellowed, "like my Dudley has said?"

Dudley kept whispering "don't believe her... she's one of them… don't believe her... she's one of them…"

"Shhhhh, Vernon you don't want the neighbors to hear" Said Petunia .

"No Vernon, I am not a witch… I am a squib," Arabella said proudly. "I have finally been given permission from Albus Dumbledore to explain to you about Harry, including the prophecy… all of it." Harry turned and stared ashen faced at Mrs. Figgs. He sat down in a chair near where Mrs. Figgs stood while Mr. Tibbles leaped up into his lap and curled up adding more comfort and protection.

"What the Bloody hell does this have to do with that nutcase Dumbledore and for that matter what's this have to do with squids?" Vernon said a bit quieter this time.

"A SQUIB not a squid… A squib is someone who is from magical family but has no magical powers" Petunia resited, and then slapped her hand over her mouth, Vernon looked at Petunia and then turned back to Mrs. Figgs.

"Peta? Are you a squib too?"

"No dearest… my family was not magical, we were just plain muggles… My sister was the "gifted" one as my parents were fond of saying… I just remember being told quite a bit about the magical world from (gulp) Lily." Petunia said with unease.

"You said my mother's name!" Harry said with a smile and a bit of shock.

"Yes Harry, I did. I will admit to you that I was jealous of your mother from the day she got her letter. I am not even sure why I resented her for it…" she hesitated looking over at Vernon, "Never the less, being as I am the last of my sister's blood… I received letters from Albus Dumbledore throughout your last few years at Hogwarts and he has been keeping me up to date with what has been going on. I am aware of that tournament you were involved in and how you witnessed Voldemort's rebirth and the death of your schoolmate… and he explained in detail what happened to your godfather Sirius Black…. I truly am sorry for your loss."

Tears welled up in Harry's eyes as she said these words. Petunia reached over to Harry and gave him his very first hug from her, causing his tears to start drifting down his cheeks. Vernon's face was turning purple at the thought of all the unnaturalness that had been going on at his house for almost 15 years.

Turning the attention back towards her, Arabella continued. "I have been instructed by Albus Dumbledore to keep a watchful eye on Harry this summer until he is allowed to leave your home. As many of our friends may have reminded you at Platform 9 ¾, we want Harry to be as stress free and as happy as he can be."

Looking directly at Vernon she added, "Meaning… Let him be as normal a teenage boy as possible. If he gets phone calls from friends… let him take them… if he has guests let him visit with them…" turning to look at Dudley, she added "And do not think for one moment, that your precious Dudley… that I do not know what is going on with your dear sweet Duddikins…. I have watched him as well… I have seen him abusing children on the playground, smoking with his so called friends and lying every chance he can to make sure that HE is the favored son…"

Seeing the sadness grow on Petunia's face she added. "I am truly sorry Petunia to tell you this way, but your beloved son Dudley Evans Dursley is nothing more then a hoodlum and a thief… he has done some unspeakable things including beatings to children that (shudder) are only 10 and 11 years old… That gang of his has been into as much malicious mischief as any group I have seen… I feel a bit guilty for not contacting the authorities, but Professor Dumbledore had required me to not interfere."

Dudley had paled, shaking and cowering in the chair next to his father. "Dudley, is what Mrs. Figg saying true?" Petunia asked, but knew the truth of the answer when she saw his face become very flushed with embarrassment.

Petunia sat down hard on the chair, her head in her hands. "All this time we were concerned that Harry Potter would be an embarrassment to our way of life and it was our own son that has done that to us."

"Unfortunately, most of the neighbors around Little Whinging feel pity for Harry because of the way he is dressed, but have found him to be a straight forth and honest boy. Dudley on the other hand… are down right afraid of him… he scares the shit out of most of the neighbors… and you do so as well Vernon. They can't believe that with all the delinquent behavior that Dudley has show you would condone that and show nothing but disrespect and abusive behavior towards Harry." Mrs. Figgs eyed Vernon not blinking and showing him her strength of spirit.

Harry looked at Arabella Figg and marveled at how she was handling the situation… He always knew she was a bit of a bizarre old woman, but now things were falling into place and could tell that what she had been saying was having a profound resonance on both Vernon and Petunia.

Vernon's purpling face looked near to exploding… "YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR THE SUMMER…. IN ADDITION, IF YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO PAY FOR YOU TO GO BACK TO SMELTINGS THIS NEXT TERM YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN. I WILL BE CHECKING INTO HAVING YOU ENROLLED AT ST. BRUTUS' Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys…." Vernon was angrier then he had ever been at Harry, and then added "DUDLEY… Get your FAT ASS up to YOUR ROOM AND BEGIN GATHERING ALL YOUR ITEMS… WE ARE GOING TO SELL THEM."

"What? Not my new bike and new computer…" Dudley whimpered.

"Actually not your bike and computer… those are going to be given to Harry. I understand that he may not be able to go out and about as freely as he would like, but I am sure he would be able to communicate with some of his friends by e-mail… that is if they have computers…." Petunia added.

"Well I know that Hermione and a few others have computers." Harry said quietly. "Not all of them have the city broadband that many of the businesses have… but Hermione's parents are well known Dentists in the Cambridge area…" He quickly shut up knowing that he was talking too much about Hermione.

It was a very long evening of Dudley tearfully piling most of his beloved belongings out into the hall. There was a collection of action figures from some of the comic book he also had collected. With all the junk out of the room Harry was amazed at how beautiful he bedroom furniture looked… with a bit of cleaning. The bed in there was bigger then his one at Hogwarts.

On Vernon's insistence, they had Harry removed his sparse belongings from the smallest bedroom (carefully making sure that he had left nothing under the loose floor board).

Vernon had made a point of leaving the TV along with the Computer bedroom and that Dudley would move into the smallest bedroom and the Stereo as he had been decided that Harry would be getting the bigger once occupied by Harry.

In Vernon's opinion, Dudley would be treated to live like Harry had for the last 5 years. All the with bars on his windows, a cat flap for getting his food, along with the dozen or so locks on the door that perhaps it would be enough for Dudley, he might change his ways.

But more then changing his hoodlum ways it could save him the embarrassment of having his son sent to such a place, there was very little more horrifying then having to have his son forced to go to St. Brutus' Center for Incurably Criminal Boys, an institution that he had explained his nephew absence over the last five years.