Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Forrest W. Adams Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 293 2003-04-28T02:13:00Z 2003-08-24T09:15:00Z 2003-08-24T09:15:00Z 9 3431 19559 162 39 24019 9.2720 114

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 2 - OWL Results

Much to Harry's surprise, Vernon and Petunia were treating HIM as they had treated Dudley for so many years… it was a bit creepy to say the least. However, despite his constant insomnia, he did find ways to keep himself occupied. After reading, many of the (unread) books on Dudley's shelves about the Internet and experimenting a bit he got the hang of it and it did give him a chance to find things to occupy his time.

He had happily gone to Mrs. Figg for tea; spoke with Remus over there on a few occasions. However, what brought him the most pleasure was when he had received a phone call from Hermione, which gave him the biggest grin he had ever had.

They had exchanged e-mail addresses now that Harry had the opportunity to try the muggle form of communication. She had also promised him that she would visit when she could.

True to her promise, Hermione and Ron came over and sat around his new bedroom. Hermione loved the look of the room, it had a very masculine feel to it, yet very Harry. Ron on the other hand had complained that the Chudley Cannon's were not, well represented in the room, which made Hermione and Harry go into hysterics....

In the midst of all the hysterics, a giant brown owl came swooping in through the window and dropped an official looking letter on Harry's lap, then turned and left.

All three of them looked at the envelope and Hermione put her hand on Harry's shoulder. The letter being addressed to:

Harry James Potter

Heir to the late Sirius Black

#4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging, Surrey

Harry tossed the letter over onto his mahogany desk, his eyes dampened with tears. "Harry, Sirius would want you to open this right now..." Hermione said, "The longer you wait the harder it will become."

"Besides, think of all the stuff you might get!" Ron said trying to change to somber mood only to be smacked upside the head by Hermione.

"I just can't right now." Harry said becoming cold and distant like he had shortly after Sirius was killed.

"I know Harry, listen Ron and I are going to get out of here right now... call me or e-mail me if you want to talk about it. It's important that you seek some counsel and solace from all of this." Hermione said leaning over and kissing him on the forehead, "I'm always here for you, you know... I am and always shall be your sensitive conscious and Ron is your insufferable git conscious."

A couple of hours passed, he went down to dinner...but did not eat much... He excused himself and headed up to his room. He went to his desk and finally decided to turn it on and check out the e-mail. He knew whom he would send his first e-mail to.... HUG@cambridge.co.uk

Dear Hermione,

Thanks, again for coming over today, it really did help me not feel so abandoned.... ever since Sirius died I have had an emptiness inside me that I cannot get over. You are right about the fact that I should open the Solicitor's letter but I want to wait at least until we get our owls... that way I can be doubly depressed over the OWL's and Sirius estate.

Talk to you soon...

Harry

Not long after Harry received his first e-mail back...

HARRY JAMES POTTER!!!!

What makes you think you are going to do bad on your OWL'S.... I tutored you, you know!!!!

Love from Hermione.

He wrote back...

HERMIONE UHURA GRANGER!!!!

DON"T YELL AT ME.... even I know that all caps is yelling…

I know you tutored me... you did everything you could but write my answers... but I fell asleep during the History of Magic exam, Snape hates me, and Trelawney is a dingbat... I will be so glad NOT to take her class next term I will miss Firenze class though. I just do not know about the other ones.... I just hope I get enough on my OWL's so I can do the classes needed for Auror training.

Listen, I am a bit stressed, however I should never take it out on you, Ron yes… he is easy to be riled up. But not you... No matter what happens, I appreciate your support in all we do...

Love from Harry

Harry sent off the e-mail much to Hedwig's displeasure. He let her out to stretch her wings and he sat down at the beautiful mahogany desk. Even Dudley's old bookshelves were in the same fine wood, filled with a variety of books from the Dummies Guide to the Internet to How to Get a Broad without Really Trying…

After a bit looking around on the computer, he found a ton of Dudley's old porn sites. Harry found a web browser. What caught his eye was the name of the browser…. Ask Mr. Wizard, so he decided to do a search on HOGWARTS.

He was shocked at the number of hits he received.... but what struck his fancy was a chat site that said Gryffindor Common Room... just give the most recent password to the Fat Lady and come on in....

Ironically, he decided to use an alias in there and went with DWBD, gave the last password he remembered (UMBRIDGE IS A FROGGY BITCH) and then saw a whole assortment people logged in to the chat room some were there under their real names, others with alias's like his…. Some with nicknames so obvious that they could not have been anyone else… it was designed to look like the Gryffindor common room. Even more amazing was that not only Gryffindor's were there, but other houses as well… He moved over to a virtual couch in front of a virtual fireplace. There were virtual people all around, his own persona was tall, muscular, with brown hair and brown eyes no glasses and a crew cut… He thought he looked as different as he could possibly get.

DWBD/Hi... I am new here... is there anyone to talk too?

P2BMB/ Hey! yep there are lots of us here! How are you DWBD? (She was beautiful… she had black hair and vivid blue/green eyes.)

DWBD/ Do I look Nervous?

P2BMB/ Oh well that's okay... if you have any questions I know lots about them... Anytime you want some help, let me know!

DWBD/Thanks... I am not sure what got me in here, but it reminds me of my old school...

P2BMB/So when did you go to Hogwarts? Are you an Alum?

DWBD/You know about Hogwarts??? I am going to be starting year 6 come September 1.

P2BMB/ Wow me too! Yeah all of those in here are from Hogwarts! There is Gred and Forge over there; Weasley is our King, Fire-eater, Iceman, and Mr. Sonorus...

DWBD/ Ok this is creepy.... I feel like I probably know you... but I kinda like the anonymity, besides I couldn't sleep so I decided to play with my new computer and put Hogwarts in the search engine...

P2BMB/ OH! Therefore, you are an official internet virgin…. How sweet that this is the first place you came to then. We are soooo honored by your presence.

DWBD/ um yeah... I guess so (Harry blushing severely) Thanks I guess… I would not want to go to Slytherin.... Gryffindor Common Room was the only place I would want to be…

P2BMB/ ME NEITHER! Of course, I have never gotten on with the Slytherins either!

P2BMB/ I know tons of great places on the net where Hogwarts students can go and talk to others! Mr. Wizard has created this as a virtual world for us…

DWBD/really??? Is there a wizarding web or something?

P2BMB/ Oh yeah absolutely!

(Harry had a mental image of his favorite Star Trek hero… Jadzia Dax)

DWBD/well Jadzia Dax teach me what you can... I am yours faithful (he said flirtatiously).

P2BMB changes nick to Jadzia

Jadzia/ Only if you will be my Worf…. ;) (Harry smiles for what seemed like the first time in days.)

DWBD changes nick to Worf

Worf/ So, what kind of places can we go to?

Jadzia/ Some of the Diagon Alley shops actually has sites on the web now!

WORF/ really? I cannot wait to find out everything you can teach me… This is all such a new and exciting experience for me… I feel so free….

Jadzia/ hahahaha! Darlin' everything on he net is a new experience and anything you wish to learn to do I will teach you!

WORF/ (Thinking about Dudley's porn pics) oh that could be very interesting? But are you going to be rough or gentle…. ; )

Jadzia/ gentle for now.... but I may let you get rough later.... *licks lips*

WORF/ *GROWL* this could get interesting....

Harry had spent more time with Jadzia in their own little world, they found they had many muggle things in common, but also she was definitely a Gryffindor through and through…. They joked that their names were part of Star Trek Lore… His first and middle name were from Old Trek…. While her middle name was from one of the most influential women known to Trekdom…

A few days later Harry was spending more time with his "Jadzia" in what they found as their own Room of Requirement having a very cozy romantic talk, when Petunia had knocked on Harry's door. "Harry dear, is everything alright?" She asked sweetly sounding more like Molly Weasley then Petunia Dursley.

"As well as can be expected… I am enjoying the computer" he said with a smile but also stated quickly, "We don't have anything like this at Hogwarts… No electricity, too much magic in he air… It has given me a chance to e-mail a number of my muggle born friends. Plus we have established a chat room just for our Gryffindor's… that's my house at Hogwarts…"

Worf/ Jadzia… I am going to be a bit… my Aunt just walked in I think she has my OWL results

Jadzia/ No worries Worf… we can continue this anytime.

Harry turned and looked at his Aunt Petunia, he looked apprehensive and then said, "I did receive an owl from an official looking owl, I'm too afraid to open it… it was addressed to the Heir of Sirius Black…." Taking a deep breath he added, "I really need to get my homework done but I can't until we get our O.W.L. results, so that we can sign up for our NEWT'S classes."

"What are your O.W.L.s?" She asked with a sly grin, knowing that Lily had told her about them when she had gotten hers.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level's…. Closest I could guess would be like a report card." He responded.

She held up a thick parchment letter addressed to:

Mr. & Mrs. V. Dursley, Legal Guardian's

Harry James Potter

#4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging, Surrey

"Could that be what this is?" She asked with a smile.

"Oh my God… in all the years I have been faced with Lord Voldemort… I have never been so afraid in my life as I am by the letter you hold in your hands, well that and the one about Sirius Black's estate." Harry said in a gasp.

"I really like how you have decorated this room Harry, it suits you very well… You have made a great use of the massive books on he shelves… Are ALL these your school books?" As she wandered around, she saw that the color scheme was very burgundy and red with a giant GRYFFINDOR in the center. Propped into his corner was a well used cauldron, with a smaller shelf of that contained a variety of apothocary bottles. She walked around Harry's new bedroom, then she sat down on his perfectly made bed (something that Dudley had never been able to master) while Harry sat down on the computer chair, quickly typing BRB - MUGGLE with my OWLS, while Petunia opened up the thick envelope.

"You chatting with one of your new little friends Harry?"

"Ummm Yeah…. We met about a week or so ago. She's really nice."

"Well I will warn you like I did Dudley, be careful who you talk to… not everyone tells the truth." Petunia said in a motherly fashion.

"Yes I know, but this is also part of the Wizarding web… so I feel safer here then I do anywhere else…" Harry said staring at the now open letter in her hand… she was reading it through before letting Harry see it…

Ordinary Wizarding Level Examination Results for:

POTTER, Harry James

The following scale is used to score examination results and determine passing grades:

CLASSES PRACTICAL THEORY OVERALL SCORES

Ancient Runes N/A N/A N/A

Arithmancy N/A N/A N/A

Astronomy E A A

Care of Magical Creatures O O O

Charms O E E

Defense against Dark Arts O O O

Divination P A P

Herbology E E E

History of Magic - P P

Muggle Studies - N/A -

Potions E O O

Transfiguration E O O

Extra Credit

(awarded by Headmaster Albus Dumbledore)

DA Instruction O O O

Rescue DoM E E E

Total O = 14

Total E = 11

Total A = 3

Total P = 4

Total D = 0

Total T = 0

Total Average PASSING Score OWL = 9

Congratulations, Mr. Potter. You have achieved high enough marks to allow you to take the N.E.W.T. Preparatory classes for what ever position you discussed with your Head of House (Auror, I believe) so you may wish to apply for after graduation.

Released by Griselda Marchbanks,

Department Head of Wizarding Examinations Authority,

Ministry of Magic

Whether it was the look on Harry's face or the delight in seeing such a remarkable report card Petunia was the first to speak. "Well my goodness Harry, I have a few things to say about this report card…"

'here it comes' thought Harry.

"Now granted, I am not well versed on how they grade on the O.W.L's… but placing your grading into a form that I would understand… O would equal an A, E would equal a B, A would equal a C, P and D would be equivalent to D, While a T would be an F… would you agree with that?" Petunia said.

"I suppose so… from the way Snape has treated me over the last 5 years, just because of a grudge against my Dad… I would have guaranteed a T at lest from him… But the way they do the testing is that they have unbiased graders come in to test us on our practical, our theory and our overall… I can't believe I got an O overall for Potions! Wait until Hermione hears." He said excitedly.

'If that is Severus Snape he's talking about… Oh Lily… I wish you were here.' Petunia thought to herself… "Do you mean Severus Snape? Is that who your dreaded Potion's Instructor is? I never would have thought of him as ever becoming a professor."

"Yeah… but how did you know?" Harry asked.

"Well, your mother Lily and I weren't always enemies… At one time we were very good friends, I even knew some of her friends and enemies…." Petunia said with a bit of tenderness that Harry had never heard from his Aunt. "I didn't realize until just recently that I began to look at Lily and James as evil, unnatural beings after I had met and married Vernon. I think that Vernon was afraid that Dudley COULD turn out like you… which to say now that I have gotten to know you better wouldn't have been a bad thing." Petunia said with pride, and then added, "Now I have talked this over with Vernon and we feel that you should be treated the same exact way Dudley was for good grades, meaning money for your grades."

"Oh Aunt Petunia, you don't need to do that…." Harry said modestly.

"My you and Dudley ARE cut from different fabrics of life." Petunia said, "Harry there has got to be something that you really want…"

"All I have ever wanted is to be treated normal… I know that I have special gifts, but I still want to be normal." Harry said honestly.

"You know what Harry, I know your 16th birthday is coming up in two weeks, how would you like to invite some of your friends from school for a party? Then afterward you and I will go to Diagon Alley and you can get something from there. How's that sound?"

"You KNOW about Diagon Alley?"

"I went with Lily the first time she went… it was very strange but because I wasn't magical, I had a dislike for it… I want to see if my hatred of the place is still there." Petunia said with a smile. But what do you think??? A Real Birthday Party? Decorations, presents all kinds of stuff… I will even make Uncle Vernon be on his best behaviour. He's getting a little soft in his older age since the discovery of Dudley's indescresions. You make a list of who you want to invite and we will let Hedwig send out the invites ok?"

Harry was dumbstruck… "Alright… this isn't a joke is it???"

"After that report card…. 14 Outstanding and 11 Exceeds… that's worth a whole lot of money…. I don't think that Dudley ever scored that high in all of his life…."

"How's Dudley doing? Do you mind if I go visit him?" Harry asked.

"Now why on earth would you want to do that??? He's still throwing temper tantrums and I think Piers has been throwing packs of cigarettes up through his bars… "

"He's my cousin…. Besides, I would like to make him a friend… if at all possible."

"Amazing… well I will let you go back to chatting with your 'friend' invite her too!"

"I will… " Harry said as he watched his Aunt close his bedroom door. Then realized he hadn't said his chat friend as a girl…. He rolled his eyes…

Worf/ I'm back….

Jadzia/ Welcome back…. I was beginning to get worried about you… so… how'd you do????

Worf/ Can you believe it, I have enough OWLs to take the NEWTS Prep courses to be an Auror!

Jadzia/ Oh that's wonderful…

Worf/ What are you going to take NEWT Prep Courses for??? You never told me.

Jadzia/ well I can also go for an Auror if I want… I'm not sure anymore. Maybe teaching…

Worf/ You are smart enough….(He said as he wrapped is virtual arms around her body and held her close. Even though he didn't know who she was, they would lay like this for hours just talking.

Jadzia/ Worf I get the feeling that something else is bothering you… do you want to talk about it?

Worf/ Yes and no....

Jadzia/ (giggling) Well that was a decisive answer.... Seriously, I feel we have gotten to be very good friends... and friends stick toghether...

Worf/ I recieved a letter a couple weeks ago from a London Solicitor regarding a relatives estate... Everyone keeps telling me I should and yet something tells me I shouldn't. I just get myself to open it.

Jadzia stayed silent for a bit then said, / The longer you wait the harder it's going to be. Hey you are a Gryffindor.... Bravery runs through your veins... you can do it... it's just another letter. I am truly sorry for your loss. I'm always here for you... that's what friends arre for. Listen it's getting late, I'll be back on later... (she leaned over and gave him a virtual kiss... that Harry would swear later he could actually feel.)

Worf/ Thanks Jaz for the advise... I may have to find my back bone and open the letter... Bye..

And Harry closed the connection. He picked up the letter and held the thick envelope in his hands. He picked up the telephone receiver (yes Dudley even had his own phone!) and dialed Hermione's number.

"Hello?" said the all too familiar voice.

"Hi Mione, Listen are you busy tonight?" He asked.

"Well I did have plans but I can change them.... what is up?" She asked.

"You know that letter that I got from the solicitor. Well... I would rather you be here when I open it... " Harry said quickly.

"It will take a couple of hours but I will be there. I'll get my dad to take me… he's dying to ride his new motorbike." She giggled slightly, "I'm not sure if I like it or brooms better."

"Did you know that Sirius used to have a flying Motorbike…. He once told me it was the only way to keep up with my dad on his broom." He smiled slightly at that memory.

"Well this one is NOT enchanted to fly…. You KNOW how I feel about flying…." Hermione's voice winced at the thought of flying, remembering their first year and the broom, their 3rd year with Buckbeak the hippogriff and then last year with the Thestrals.

"You just never had the best teacher… I will help you get over your fear of flying any day of the week." Harry said with a grin.

"Yeah, Yeah… we will TALK about it… I'll see you in a couple of hours. Bye." Hermione hung up the phone and rushed to her computer… she left an instant message for Worf saying she had to go someplace with her folks and she wouldn't be home until late. She turned off her computer and then headed to her dad who was polishing his new motorbike.

"Hey Dad, care to take this on a road trip… like right now, I need to get to Harry's, he's going through something and needs my help." Hermione said quickly as she gathered their helmets and jackets.

"You are really in a rush aren't you." Philip Granger said, "Well lets see how fast we can get to Surrey… shall we?"

"Where do you think you are going?" Elizabeth Granger called after them…

"Sorry hon, can't hear you…. See you in a few hours!" Phillip yelled back laughing.

They had made really good time. When Hermione and her father arrived at the front door Harry bounded down the stairs to greet them. Leaving Phillip with Vernon, Hermione had followed upstairs to his room, leaving the door open.

Hermione flopped down on the middle of the bed croslegged. Harry sat in his computer chair (his computer was turned off.) and he reached for the envelope.

Just then Petunia came to the door to return the photo album. "Oh Hello Hermione, I saw your dad down stairs… Vernon's trying to sell him more drills!" she chuckled. "Your father said it would be alright if you stayed the night in our guest room and then Vernon and Harry will take you home tomorrow while Harry gets his driver's lesson."

Hermione's eyes widened, "YOU are learning to drive??? Oh God, stay off the sidewalks."

They laughed and then Petunia turned to Hermione, "You certainly have grown up since this picture was taken." She showed them the picture of the trio during their first year. "You have turned into a beautiful young woman. I'll leave you be. Hopefully you an get Harry to open that damned letter."

Hermione sat cross-legged on the bed and stared at Harry, "So are you going to be the Brave ol' Gryffindor we all know and love??"

**********

Author's note:

Hello all.... we are extremely pleased with the amount of reviews we have been receiving… THIS IS A HINT We prefer signed reviews…. Especially if you flame us… for most of you we are glad that you are enjoying what you are reading.... but we thought that you should be warned just a little bit about who we REALLY are…

You see the group of us that are collaborating to write this fiction began writing and posting over on the official Harry Potter website from WB, where we each earned nick names and became part of a group that got affectionately called the Royal Family of Cliffies or otherwise known as the RFOC…

We had sanctioned ourselves to commit the heinous crime of leaving chapters on CLIFFHANGERS… we had competitions… but the RFOC need to expand to add to it's minions and thus was created the KSUFHP (Kindred Sisterhood United for Harry Potter) but being a bit sexist…( we were really trying to write a women's only view of HP after graduation with lots of sex!… We opened it up to the MEN!!!!!!

Oooh… sorry lost my train of thought so now you have the KFUFHP that is the rest of our bunch… and they can be a very wild bunch…

So you see… even though my name and e-mail are attached to this work, all the reviews, praise and flames gets shared amongst the rest of our group…

Remember…. Sign your reviews…. It makes responding to them a lot easier… unless you are a coward and don't want to face up to the hateful things you think about our story… Let us know if you would like to see something!!! This is a work in progress revising my own original work…

I want to thank all of you who so kindly reminded me that it was Mrs. Figg not Figgs… and thank you for also letting me know it's Pettigrew not Petagrew… sometimes writing after the bars close is difficult on the mind…

Oh and this comes from the Queen herself… if Grammar is an issue… screw it… I do not revise FRAGMENTS or Passive Voice…. They suck to high water that has scummy slim all over it…. Now if it's a DIFFERENT type of Grammar issue… please feel free to point that out… but let me know WHAT the 'error' was.. OK? Thanks… just one of my peeves…

Sincerely United for Harry Potter,

Muirnin, Queen Mother for the RFOC

Becky, 1st Princess for the RFOC