Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 3 706 2003-09-02T02:15:00Z 2003-09-02T02:16:00Z 8 6281 27011 RZHRT Creations 643 195 43971 9.2720 114

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I'm putting this here rather then at the bottom because I don't think everyone has been seeing the author's notes… Ok, so Becky and I were going to leave this on a cliffy… like the good old days… but this chapter was getting so long… I could not just keep going… especially when I have a certain Marauder wanting me to hurry up and post… (Moony you know who you are!!!) I have plans for the next chapter…

Many of you still believe that Ginny is schtooping Dudley… NOOOOOO WAY!!!!!! JOSE!!!…. She is ONLY befriending him… she's got a certain cyber-Slytherin (oops have I said too much) that she has been entertaining constantly… only HE doesn't know who she is… and it's going to stay that way for awhile. She is going to be staying at the Manor…

There IS NO ROMANCE between Ginny and Dudley… Only friendship.

Enjoy… we will have Chapter 7 up very soon…

Hugs and Kisses…

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Muirnin, Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

@}>--'--,--

Becky, First Princess-Royal Family of Cliffies

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`"*"´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Founders - KFUFHP - Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

And now… for your reading entertainment I take you to…

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 6 - Discovery and Remembrances

October 31, 2022

The memories flooded back... the one single day of the year, that had more impact on what would become more pivotal a day throughout most of Harry's life. Many occurrences had happened on Samhain's Eve or what many in the world called Halloween.

Whether, it had been on that day 1981, when he was only a year old that his parents had been murdered by Lord Voldemort.

Maybe it had been on that day in 1991 when he was 11 that he bonded with his best friend Hermione Granger when he, along with his other best friend Ron Weasley, saved her from a Mountain Troll.

Perhaps in 1996 when he was 16 years old that he finally, physically made love to his soul mate.

Oh maybe it was in 1999 when he was 19 when he finally said I do to the other side of his soul, making them more then just lovers but husband and wife.

Could have been in the year 2000 when he was 20 when their triplet son's were born... or 5 years later when their twin girls were born.

Perhaps 2007 when he was 27 years of age, not only lost everything he held dear in this world, but the day he vanquished the Dark Lord Voldemort.

To Harry, the 31st of October was a day marked with much joy and devastating sorrow.

Harry started awake. He did not know exactly what had woken him. The memories of the better time in his life began to fade from his mind as he glanced out of the window, watching the landscape rushing past him. He felt a familiar pull at the pit of his stomach as he remembered where he was going... to Hogwarts.

It had been so long since he had been back there... He did not know what to expect, particularly from the one woman that he wanted to see, his beloved 'Mione.

He was not even sure if she was still teaching there. He was torn. He did not want her to be there because he did not think that he could face her, even after these fifteen years of separation. Yet his heart beat just a little faster at the thought that she might be there. She had said she did not want to hear from him again, and as usual, he did as she asked him… He could not say no to her wishes, desires and dreams, even if they would destroy him or her as well...

Trying to put his conflicted thoughts out of his mind, he leaned his head against the window and closed eyes trying to shut out the pain, the anguish, the love that still brought tears to his eyes and sorrow to his heart. Images of his life flashed through his mind, reminding him of who he was and why he ended up here in his life.

Harry Potter was his own man, thank you very much. That was exactly how he liked being. Not the pedestal standing icon he had been sheltered from for most of his early childhood, or the abnormal, repulsive freak that he had been led to believe.

No, Harry Potter was what he wanted, a man who was in command of both sides of his life. He was like no other, for you see, Harry Potter was a wizard, not any wizard but perhaps the greatest wizard of all times. He successfully had combined both his early upbringing as a muggle with the magical world with which he so much associated.

To look at him you would first be impressed with what a handsome man he had become. He was no longer the scrawny, green-eyed little boy, who wore round spectacles, which had once lived in a cupboard. He had grown tall, with a body that had gained definition from years of playing his favorite sport Quidditch. Emphasized by a goatee on his strong chiseled chin, his most distinguishing features would have to be emerald green eyes that he inherited from his mother and jet-black hair that did its best to stay a bit on the wild side same as his father. But the one feature above all others that stood out most was a scar in the shape of a lightening bolt on his forehead, a remnant of an attack that he had received at the tender age of one by none other then Lord Voldemort.

Sitting comfortably in his compartment onboard the Hogwarts Express, the man who once existed only in a cupboard under the stairs at number 4 Privet Drive, stared out at the countryside. Very familiar was the trip that would take him back to Hogwarts. Harry felt the memories come flooding back to him of his seven years inside Hogwarts, of his connection to the many lives that had been educated there. And where it all began… in Godric's Hollow.

Aug 1, 1996

Slamming the book shut quickly, Harry said, "Let's go back to the cottage... I don't think I am ready for this..."

Harry sat back against the tree and resisted the urge to throw the book away from him; after all, he had no idea, if it was the book that had just caused his strange vision... He turned to Hermione and stared at her.

Hermione, confused by the sudden change in Harry's demeanor toward her asked, "What is it Harry?" She placed her hand upon his arm.

Harry had the strangest urge at her touch… and at that moment he was afraid and wanted to bolt from there, but he just could not bring himself to walk away from one of the two people that had supported him through everything.

With the vision fading from his mind, he pushed it aside as mere nonsense.... "After all," he thought, "I'm in love with Jaz... I don't have those kinds of feelings for Hermione..."

Both Ron and Hermione jumped at the sudden slamming. "Harry? Wasn't that your mom and dad?" Ron asked.

"I don't know..." He said abruptly, "lets just go back up to the cottage... we can get a bite to eat and then do some prowling around to see what's in my house... OK?" Harry said nervously. He was troubled by something, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

"If that's what you want Harry." Hermione said briefly touching his arm again; causing Harry to relive the same daydream, he had had earlier. Shaking his head, he got up and then out of habit. being a the gentleman that he is, he gave Hermione a hand up and stared at her eyes. He could swear that there was a slight change to her eyes from the beautiful cinnamon to a blue/green but quickly went back to cinnamon.

She knew it was cruel to play with Harry's mind like this, since he had been so tortured by Lord Voldemort's attacks against his mind. However, there was a part of her that wanted to tell him… wanted to show him who it was that he had made love to the night before. Yet, a part of her wanted that to remain a secret… scared that the anonymous lover would be no more… and his feelings for her would not be returned.

As they walked up to the cottage, its beauty astounded Hermione. "It is like a living fairy tale!" she exclaimed. She fell in love with the place just from the outside. It felt like that she had come home… then she shook her head… 'This is Harry's house…' she thought to herself.

"My thought's exactly Mione." Harry said as he opened the front door. Hermione smiled at him, he blushed. He still held the mysterious book in his hand but was afraid to open it again.

Ron had seen the cottage and thought it was a bit too cutesy for him… "I think it's too girly."

"Oh YOU would. Now… what would the manly Ronald Weasley like to see? Let's see, your idea of decorating would be… A big mouth bass hanging over the fireplace, empty pizza boxes stacked around and empty bottles of butter beer lying around on the floor. Does that sound about right Ron?" Hermione said scathingly. Sometimes, he was just TOO full of testosterone. No wonder she felt sorry for Ginny at times.

"Ummm," Ron started to protest then realized it was not wise to have a battle of wits when you are unarmed… and against Hermione today… he was definitely unarmed. "Well at least my room is not girly."

"That's because it's enchanted mate… " Harry said giving him a slight shove. "It reflects your personality."

Hermione started to laugh. She was in a mood to pick a fight today and both Harry and Ron knew it. "Well then Harry, give ME the tour of the cottage. I am most interested in seeing all of its nuances."

Ron used this as an excuse to go back to his room; perhaps he could find Luna on line.

During the tour, Hermione could not stop thinking about the night before. Harry showed her where the bedrooms were, when they noticed that Remus had not used any the night before. It was the room between Ron (Macho Chudley Cannon Orange room) and Harry (Handsome yet elegant Gryffindor room).

Each of the bedrooms were enchanted to reflect the personality of the person residing there. Remus' room was very plain. No color, no fabrics of any kind… just plain.

"That's strange… He was going to stay here last night… and I know he did… or I thought he did." Harry said to himself aloud.

"Is there more rooms to the place? Besides this floor and the main floor?" Hermione asked.

Harry shrugged, "I don't know, I didn't get that much of a chance to explore yesterday. Perhaps there are rooms downstairs like a basement or something." Harry guessed.

Off the kitchen, they found a door with stone steps leading down. Harry pulled out his wand and said "Lumos," then felt silly when he saw a muggle light switch on the wall next to the door. "Nox" he said pocketing his wand and then he turned on the lights going down stairs. Hermione began to giggle, "Oh don't you start… I keep forgetting this place is mainly muggle. Except for the enchantments on the bedrooms… "

Hermione was laughing so hard that she could barely stand up; Harry caught her before she fell down the stone steps. They both froze at the contact. Both of their hearts were thumping so loud inside of them, they were sure the other could hear.

"Uh thanks Harry." She blushed, "That could have been a bad fall…" she mumbled out as he let go of her arm.

'What is going on here?' Harry thought to himself, 'I feel this connection to Hermione when I touch her… it hasn't been like this before… has it?'

Harry led the way downstairs to where there were a couple of different rooms. It mainly looked like a cross between a basement and dungeon. There was a stone room with a thick heavy door with a small window in it that had bars across them.

They peeked into the room and realized that this was where Remus had been sleeping. It had all the necessities of a bedroom, but was secure enough for when he transformed, if he did not have his potion, but it also reflected his personality. It had a woodsy feel to it in greens and browns… very masculine but also rather plain, but decorated none the less.

Farther down the corridor, there was a rather large potion laboratory. They found Remus in there working on a potion. He was staring at an ingredient list that was in front of him.

Harry knocked on the doorframe. "Hey Moony, what you doing?" Moving over towards him and laying the book he had been carrying down on the counter.

"I am trying to figure out this Wolfsbane potion that Severus gave me. See if I can make it myself… seeing as he is not here to help me." Remus said in a tired voice. "It's only two weeks until the full moon and I have to drink this for one week before…."

Hermione stepped forward, "Professor, perhaps I can help you with that… I am pretty good at potions and I also know quite a bit about Muggle chemistry."

"That would be wonderful as long as you stop calling me Professor and called me Remus, or Moony if you would prefer." Lupin said as he watched Hermione begin to take command of the potion lab.

"Remus, can I talk to you out here for a few minutes… while Hermione gets things under control?" Harry asked.

Remus noticed that when Harry was serious he would call him by his given name, but when he was not he would call him Moony… This must be important.

"Sure. Let's go into my room, it's a bit more private then here in the hall."

As they walked into the stone room, Harry could see why Remus had chosen this for his room.

"I thought you were going to take the third bedroom upstairs." Harry said.

"When this cottage was built, your parents had everyone in mind more or less for when we would stay over. Hence, the enchantments on each of the rooms." Remus started. "Although knowing I needed someplace safe for the full moon, they added this downstairs dungeon that is perfectly secure. Lily had been trying to come up with her own Wolfsbane potion for me. What Severus uses is a variation of the recipe she was developing when your parents were killed."

"Explain something to me. If mom and dad were killed in the cottage… why is it still standing?" Harry asked.

"Ok, but this may take a bit of explaining." Remus said as Harry sat down in an overstuffed chair in the room. "As you know, Godric's Hollow is a muggle village, but the ancestral lands that are now known as The Potter grounds are magical… These grounds date back as far as Godric Gryffindor himself. This was his property, everything within the Potter Grounds as well as the village of Godric's Hollow."

Harry remembered pulling the sword out of the sorting hat his 2nd year and Dumbledore's words "Only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out…"

Remus continued. "The grounds where the manor and this cottage stand are enchanted true, but they are still very muggle in many ways. As you can see electricity works here where most magical places such as Hogwarts it does not. Your parents and yourself were in the manor or what they had called the cottage when Voldemort attacked. The manor was a mess… destroyed… Hagrid was the one who found you when Sirius showed up. However, you already know that part. What you don't know, is that on your ancestral lands, the buildings will rebuild if destroyed by magic… but not if they are destroyed in muggle ways… Does that make sense?"

"Sort of. Ok… so, because the house was destroyed by magic, I guess when Voldemort tried to kill me, it rebuilt itself. How long did it take?" Harry asked.

"It sort of reappeared exactly one year after James and Lily died. The magic of the area swept through the Hollow and modified the memories of what had happened." Remus said, "They know that James and Lily died… the Manor destroyed, but to them the house was rebuilt by family even though they didn't see anyone working on it."

"REMUS!" Hermione shouted excitedly from the lab.

"What is it Hermione?" He asked as he and Harry hurried back into the lab.

"I figured something out… I found these notes here that are in Lily's handwriting… and these here that are in Professor Snape's handwriting…" Hermione started to babble… "I don't know if this will work… we will know in a couple of weeks… but… Do you mind trying a new potion for this full moon?"

"Hermione, if you think it will work." Remus said not noticing what notes she had been looking at. "Be my guest…. The worst that will happen is that I will tear my room to shreds, then through the wonders of enchantments… it will be returned to it's splendor again…"

"Snape says she's like my mom when it comes to potions." Harry said.

"Well if PROFESSOR" he emphasized the word, "Snape compares Hermione's potion talent with Lily's… then I am all for it." Remus said.

"Ok, Remus here's a list of ingredients I will need. Can you get them for me, please?" Hermione asked. Her bright cinnamon colored eyes sparkled with enthusiasm and anticipation. Harry could see she was excited about something.

"Certainly, we have a fantastic apothecary shop here in the Hollow. We may be muggles here, but for some reason, there is a beautiful mix of both worlds." Remus said as he grabbed his cloak and headed up the stairs.

"I hope this works… " Hermione said quietly to herself, nervously excited.

"You hope what works." Harry said.

She turned to look at him, the journal laying on the counter where Harry had left it, turned to one of the pages near the back. "Harry, your mom wasn't working on the Wolfsbane Potion… but on a cure…." Hermione said, staring at him for his reaction.

"You mean…" Harry started… Hermione's head bobbed up and down in acknowledgement putting the book back down next to Professor Snape's notes. She was close to tears with excitement.

"If this potion works, it will cure Remus… as well as a number of other werewolf victims." Hermione said and then squealed as Harry grabbed her and swung her around in a hug.

"This is marvelous Mione…. " He said as he set her down quickly, for a short time forgetting the intense feelings of desire he was experiencing when he touched her. They stood there looking at each other. Then just as spontaneously Harry leaned forward and gave Hermione a kiss on the lips, which she responded to willingly. What had started out gentle suddenly turned into a hungry passionate kiss…

The kiss lasted longer then either of them had expected; that when they finally broke apart, they were breathless.

"I do not know what came over me Mione…." Harry said apologetically, his forehead leaning against hers, remembering how familiar it felt... "It was just, it seemed so, oh I don't know… like a natural thing to do… but you are my best friend… "

"It's alright Harry." She said breathlessly, "Best friends kiss too you know… Look at your mom and dad…" Hermione said softly. She was not playing with his mind now… but he was definitely playing with her heart. She wanted to burst out and tell him the truth of how she felt.

Silently, Harry was feeling like he was betraying Jaz… even though he didn't know who she really was… part of him did not want to know mainly because he did not want to forget the passion they experienced on his birthday.

"I'm going up to my room. I'll leave you to work down here…" Harry said as he turned to go back upstairs.

Hermione watched him as he walked away. She noticed that he had still not taken the book with him; it remained in the place where she had flipped to the notes on the potion. Picking it up again she felt the familiar warmth and then the soft golden glow as she opened the book. She expected to see James and Lily standing on the pages as before, but there was just words.

Sitting down she started reading again, this time not on the cure information but on the final days, tears softly drifting down her cheeks as she finished up, when Remus came back with the ingredients. He saw the book and nearly dropped everything he was carrying in his arms.

"Where did you find that Journal?" Remus said.

"In the Library up at the Manor. I know it was Lily's journal… she had been writing in it the day she died." Hermione said gently wiping the tears away from her eyes. "Remus, when I handed the journal to Harry earlier, something strange happened… we saw images of James and Lily standing on the pages… He slammed the book and he has not opened it since…. When Ron opened the book all the pages were blank… but I can see everything that is written."

"You know how Severus says Lily excelled in Potions, well she was also gifted in Charms and Divination… She charmed that journal sometime during our 7th year. She did not want just anyone to read it." Remus said.

"I know… It is here in some of the last passages…

24 October 1981

'Sirius has suggested we use Peter as our secret keeper for the Fidelius Charm. I would feel better if that task stayed with Sirius but James trusts Peter and agrees with Sirius that he would make a good decoy.

Damn, I wish that I could finish this cure for Remus… then perhaps James would trust him more. I would trust my life with Remus more then I would Peter…

Nevertheless, it's James' damn ego getting in the way again, he thinks he knows everything.

Somebody close to us is betraying us. I think James believes that it is either Remus or Severus... probably only cause I am closer to both of them then I am Sirius and Peter… He gives me the creeps at times always following around… listening in...

James really does hate Severus... Hell, James is getting so paranoid lately; he has refused to tell me things… will tell Sirius everything and has told Peter some things… But Damn it, I AM supposed to be his soul mate.

Ok, so perhaps, there are a few things I know that he does not. Since I am a Diviner, I am able to consult the stars and find out more about this entire situation.

James doesn't know but, I went out to the Forbidden Forest near Hogwarts… took Harry with me… and spoke with Firenze told him what the stars told me… he said that I have the gift known by Centaur's and that I am reading the signs right.

I fear for Harry's life. He is so vulnerable at this age, but I sense a power within him that could very well be Voldemort's undoing. Voldemort wants to destroy James for not going over to his side and Harry as well, because of that dreadful prophecy that Albus told us about.

The Longbottoms and we have done everything we possibly could to protect our sons… We are the only ones that know the entirety of the prophecy… The rest of the order just knows there is a prophecy… nothing more.

I have thought about this for a while and as I said, I even consulted the stars. All the signs suggest the same thing; Protection of all is necessary. I have taken special precautions, one of which is on this very book.

Granted I had protected it somewhat during 7th year, but now, there is a spell on this book that if I die, this book will appear over at the Cuddle Castle along with other important items… and then when the damage to the Cottage is gone, this book will magically return back at the Potter manor across the grounds. All the other items will remain in the Cuddle Castle… they are for Harry after all.

I've also placed another type of charm on this journal so that only those that have a positive connection towards Harry such as love will be able to read it's pages. Nevertheless, if there is even a hint of unconscious feelings of misgivings or lack of trust, the pages will look blank.

I took a page out of the Mauraders handbook. I know Messer's. Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs would be very impressed by my bit of intrigue, but I did not want just anyone to be able to read these pages. They are after all, in the end, for Harry.

If this book falls into the wrong hands it will act just like the map and insult any that try and force it to reveal itself...'

31 October 1981

'It's a couple of hours until midnight… Today is the day... I just know it... Being a diviner is tough... I know that Harry will live... I just pray that Padfoot can raise him properly... Moony is also responsible so he will keep Padfoot on the right track...

I had made a way for Severus to contact us without giving our secret away and he contacted me just a few minutes ago... he told me that Peter was Voldemort's spy… Wormtail has betrayed us, he has told Lord Voldemort where we are.... I gave the message to James but he refuses to believe Severus. I think that James believes he can defeat Lord Voldemort by himself… he has only just sent an owl to the Order. I'm frightened…

I am writing this now, because I know that I will not be able to later...

Harry,

Just remember that your mom and dad loved you beyond measure and listen to your Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus.... they will raise you the way I wanted... they promised…

You will make it through and find your soul mate and she will love you beyond any measure... I know this, as well as I know that this is my last day on earth. I have seen it in the stars, you are a great wizard son… you have power that only some wizards could imagine…

My beloved son... I have used all the old magic I know of to protect you...

I love you beyond this world... just always remember you are loved.

As always,

Lily Jesyka Evans Potter

Your loving mother.

James is calling... Have to get to you Harry, Voldemort's here!!!! Good-bye...

Hermione finished reading the passages aloud to Remus and both of them were crying freely. Neither had thought much about what Lily and James had thought of during that last week after the Fidelius charm had been performed.

Remus looked over at Hermione, her hand gently closing the book as it glowed softly at her touch. "You are in love with Harry. Aren't you." Remus said quietly.

"Why are you asking?" Hermione questioned nervously.

"Because only someone who truly loved Harry unconditionally would have been able to read that journal without Harry's aid." Remus said reverently.

Hermione blushed and gently nodded her head as if it was an embarrassment that her true feelings finally had been discovered.

"Don't you think it's time you tell Harry the truth?" Remus asked.

"I can't… not after... " She hung her head in her hands… "Moony, don't laugh at me about this… okay?"

"I promise. What's up kiddo." He said as he wrapped a protective fatherly arm around her shoulders.

"Harry loves someone he met online…" Hermione began to say.

"Only he doesn't know that it's you. Am I correct?" Remus continued knowingly.

Hermione gulped, "yup… we have been chatting for the last month…"

"I'm guessing there is more to this than just chatting, but I won't get anymore personal." Remus said.

"Harry is so thrilled with his anonymity online and I kind of liked the anonymity myself… being able to show a side of me that I could never expose to the public… "

Remus looks at her with his tired gray eyes, "But Hermione, it's not the public that you are showing this secret side of to… its just Harry."

"I know, its just Harry... and I think that scares me the most.... In a sense I have lied to him… I don't know how to get out of it… but I can't tell him the truth… Moony what should I do?"

"Well first thing is, since you are working on this potion… you are going to move in here… take the spare bedroom between the boys rooms. I doubt they would even notice…" Remus said, "You know how guys can be… clueless… it may take using a 2x4 upside their heads…"

Hermione laughed at this…. "Well I know my parents and the rest of the Weasley's were planning on leaving in the morning… well except for Ginny that is… I think my folks will allow me to stay since I am working on this for you."

"Good girl… I'll have Dobby move your stuff over here… in the mean time… why don't you get started on this potion… and I will have Winky fix us something to eat…" Remus said… "Don't worry… she's getting paid!" he added laughing when he saw the look on Hermione's face. "Lily used to worry about the house-elves as well."

Back in Harry's room….

Harry sat down at his desk and pulled out the laptop. He needed to talk to Mione but because of the reactions he had been having around her was keeping him from talking to her face to face. He finally decided to e-mail her….

Dear Mione,

I'm sitting here in my room and I am thinking about what just happened downstairs… I don't know what came over me…

Don't get me wrong…

I'm not ashamed of it… I enjoyed the spontaneity. I enjoyed the feel of you…I'm just scared… strike that… I am TERRIFIED… because it seemed so natural…

We have hugged before… and simple kisses yet… something happened… I don't know what….

I'm a bit embarrassed by my lack of self-control… Oh great… I'm listening to the Muggle radio station and they are playing this country song from America by Travis Tritt…

There's been times I've felt like half a man
Life's had me down on my knees
Troubled times I don't understand why they happen to me
I have struggled through the darkness and I have found the light of day

But if I lost you, there'd be no sunshine shining through
I don't know what in the world I would do if I lost you

Like a ship with no harbor like a bird with no wings
Like a fish out of water a dreamer without a dream
I have learned about losing I could lose most anything

But if I lost you, there'd be no sunshine shining through
I don't know what in the world I would do if I lost you

But if I lost you, there'd be no sunshine shining through
I don't know what in the world I would do if I lost you

I feel like they are playing this song just for me… to help me tell you how I feel…

However, I have had nothing but you and Ron to compare to regarding love. I've never been shown love by the Dursleys… not really… I could see love for each other… but the feelings eluded me.

Without you, I would never have known friendship. I do love you Hermione... as my best friend.... I don't want to hurt you by what I did so impulsively… I also, don't ever want to lose you... I hope that you can forgive me and what happened will not change things between us....

I have been dying to tell you… but I was afraid…. I have to tell you... I thought I owe it to you to tell you where I stand... I've met someone online and I think I've fallen in love with her.... if what these feelings I have going on inside of me is love…

Does any of this make sense?

I feel complete with this person, and yet I still don't even know who she is… I chose anonymity rather then tell her who I am… and she felt like doing the same… yet there is a connection there…

She reminds me a lot of you with her advise, her beauty, her smarts even her wit is as caustic as yours is… I would be lost without both of you…

I don't know what to do Mione…

Please help me…

Love Harry.

Harry sat back and reread the e-mail to Hermione. He was terrified of sending it to her… should he take such a chance to lose her because of words and actions on a screen? He needed to talk to Mione but he couldn't face her… maybe they could talk in the common room…

He closed his eyes and hit send… and hoped he hadn't just lost his best friend.

Hermione's new room:

The potion was started… she prayed that it really as the cure that Lily had hoped it to be. She went upstairs and she looked around at the bedroom and thought that the enchantment to it definitely had her in mind...

There was not a touch of testosterone anywhere in the room… from the light wood canopy bed, to the dressing table and armoire, even bookshelves lined with many books that she loved to read…the colors were light and springtime fresh. It indeed reflected her personality… and looked nothing like the bland room that she had seen before…

Taking her laptop out she turned it on and saw she had e-mail from Harry… her hands shook as she went to read it….

By the time she was thru with the letter she was crying all over again…

She sat there and began an e-mail back…

Dear Harry,

Well if you have not heard, I am one wall away from you right now… I am working on that cure (although Moony thinks it's just a potion) and he felt it would be best if I were here rather then up with the Dursleys and Ginny… poor girl… she's taken to befriending your cousin.

Don't worry you have not lost me Harry… you could never lose me…. We are best friends always will be.

As far as helping you… I unfortunately can't help you out this time… I have my own dilemma to work out.

Love is indeed a very curious monster… to know love you must also know hate… it is like with anything else, you need to see both sides of a situation before you can realize the potential that lies within.

Tell you what… why don't we meet in the common room tonight and we can talk… That way we will not have to entertain anyone else, we just go in as ourselves… and have a private chat…

I will not lie to you Harry, I am a bit afraid of my own feelings for someone as well… and I am scared to death about what could happen if he finds out who I am…

Talk to you later…

All my love,

Mione…

Harry read Hermione's e-mail and gasped. She has met someone too… maybe talking to each other online would be a good idea…

Mione,

Great idea about the common room. I'll come in as HJP you come in as HUG that way we can sort of avoid everyone else…. Especially those that may know us under different nicknames.

I didn't know you had been going to the common room… You will have to fill me in…

Love Harry.

Hermione read the response from Harry and smiled. She needed to do something about Jadzia… but what… a knock on her door signaled her that dinner was ready. She got up and headed towards the kitchen, bumping into Harry on the way. Both of them blushed but said nothing. She could hear that Harry had left his radio on and a song was playing…. There she had her answer…. Turning around quickly she headed back to her computer and sent an instant message to Worf from Jadzia…

Worf…

Read the words to this song… it will explain everything…

Journey - Remember Me

Remember Me

Remember Me

Find myself all alone in darkness without you

Now I can't turn away from what I must do

You know I'd give my life for you, more than words can say

I've shown you how to love someone, I know you'll find a way

Say goodbye, Close your eyes, Remember me

Walk away, The sun remains, Remember me

I'll live on somewhere in your heart, You must believe

Remember me

No way I can change my mind I don't have the answers

If you could see through my eyes You'd let go of your fears

And though I have to leave you now with the thought of each other

I'll miss your touch You'll call my name

I am with you forever

Say goodbye, Close your eyes, Remember me

Walk away, The sun remains, Remember me

With the change we can't explain, Remember me

I'll live on somewhere in your heart, You must believe

Remember me

You know I'd give my life for you, more than words can say

I showed you how to love someone, I know you'll find a way

Say goodbye, Close your eyes, Remember me

Walk away, The sun remains, Remember me

Be there to watch over you, Remember me

Feel I'm gone, My heart lives on, Remember me

Don't you think of this as the end, I'll come into your dreams

Remember me

Close your eyes, Say goodbye, Remember me

Say you will, Say you will, Say you will

Close your eyes, Remember me

Say you will, Say you will, Say you will

Say goodbye, Remember me

I do love you… but this is how it has to be,

Jadzia…

Hermione hit send and then headed back downstairs….