Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2

Muirnin

Forrest W. Adams Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 750 2003-08-26T19:43:00Z 2003-08-27T23:22:00Z 2003-08-27T23:22:00Z 5 2081 11862 98 23 14567 9.2720 114

Disclaimer… See: Chapter 1

HOGWARTS AND BEYOND - TAKE 2

By Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter

PART 1 - Summer without Sirius

Chapter 4 - In a Manor of Speaking

Aunt Petunia didn't care anymore if the neighbors heard Vernon bellow about "that boy" after she read the letter and the will. Her eyes filled with tears as she saw that Sirius had remembered her as well.

She pulled Harry and Hermione aside and got them away from Vernon.

"Harry, according to Professor Dumbledore it is because of my blood relationship to your mother that is forcing you to stay here."

"So what are you saying Aunt Petunia?" Harry asked confused.

"As you know I received a letter from Sirius prior to his death. He apologized to me for not disclosing the funds that were available for your rearing. Apparently Professor Dumbledore had no idea about the codicile to James and Lily's wills." Petunia led them out into the rose garden out back where they sat down in the gazebo. "Sirius has suggested, and I am not in agreement that to keep you safe, I should take you back to Godric's Hollow."

"You would leave Uncle Vernon for me?" Harry said shocked.

"Not permanently of course... but I think that my Dursley men need some time to deal with the mess they have made with their lives and I need to make amends to my sister's memory."

Hermione looked at Petunia and Harry. This was a very private conversation they were having. "Ummm I think I will go ummm..." she started to say as a way to give them time alone.

"No dear, you best stay out here with us. Harry and I will pack tonight, then tomorrow we will combine Harry's driving lesson, your ride home and a visit to Diagon Alley."

They went inside when the front door bell rang, Petunia rushed over to answer it. Arabella Figg stood in the doorway.

"What is Vernon in such a state about? I could hear him all the way to my house." Arabella said.

With a slight smirk Petunia said, "He just read Sirius's will and found out that there had been money set aside to raise Harry."

"And he's angry about that... Why you married that man I will never know Peta... Why don't I have the kids come back over to my house this evening." she said looking from Harry to Hermione. "Besides, I was going to let Harry know that Remus was here."

"That's a great idea.... you know what... I'll join you..." Petunia said laughing, as she grabbed her handbag and headed out the door.

By the time they got to Arabella's Petunia had stopped laughing. When they walked inside Arabella's house Remus Lupin stood up. Petunia saw him and tears came to her eyes and she went over and gave him a hug.

"Petunia this is quite the change for you." Remus said with a grin.

"Thinking back on it now, I am beginning to realize what a ninny I was for thinking I was superior for choosing Vernon Dursley, CEO of Grunnings over my sister and her friends."

"Sirius and I had talked about you once in a while... wondering how he had ever brainwashed you into such dislike of the wizarding world when you and Lily had been so close."

"Well out of the memory of my sister, and for Siri, I'm making some changes. First one is that I'm taking Harry back home to Godric's Hollow. I know he's never been back there since his parents died, and would probably like to see where they were laid to rest."

Harry did a double take of his aunt when she said Siri. She MUST have been close to Sirius to have used an endearing nickname. He had never heard anyone call him anything like that.

Arabella Figg bustled over and gathered up Harry and Hermione, "Come on you two, why don't you go out and catch a movie. I think two old friends need to do some catching up. Don't worry, I have Mr. Tibbles on the case and I think that Hedwig is out there somewhere as well."

Harry had never seen his Aunt so relaxed and in such high spirits. He even was more shocked when he heard her call Lupin "Moony".

By the time that Hermione and Harry had gone out the door they both had puzzled faces. "What just happened here?" Harry asked Hermione.

"I haven't got the faintest clue." Hermione giggled.

The pair went and had dinner at a small diner near the movie theater and then saw the movie "You've Got Mail". Both had made jokes about something like this never happening, when they knew otherwise.

The next day came quickly, and Harry had taken to driving like he had flying. Petunia was impressed at how well he drove for his first time out.

"He was like this when he first got on a broom too!" Hermione bragged then slapped a hand over her mouth realizing she had spoken about the magical world.

"It's alright Hermione, after seeing Harry's OWL's and little tidbits that I had gleened from Albus' letters over the years. I am quite interested in knowing more about the wizarding world. Besides, it brought much joy into his mother's life and into his own." Petunia said as they pulled up in front of the Leaky Cauldron.

"First stop Diagon Alley?" Harry said giving his Aunt a sideways glance.

"Yes, I think so, I have an envelope here with some of the keys we will need and I need to speak with one of the tellers in the bank."

Hermione and Harry giggled. "They are actually Goblin's Mrs. Dursley."

"Real Goblin's? Oh my. I can see I am going to get myself an education today." Petunia said surprised. Even entering The Leaky Cauldron there were still timid reactions from Petunia as she saw some of the witches, wizards and hags that hung out there.

"Oh you are here a bit early for your school things Mr. Potter. And Miss Granger so nice to see you as well. Can I get you anything before you go in?" The barkeep said.

"No thank you Tom, just need to take care of some things at Gringotts today." Harry said with a smile as he lead his Aunt and Hermione out back. "Shall you do the honor's or shall I?"

"Let me..." Hermione said as she whipped out her wand very professionally and tapped the bricks in order.

Soon they were out in the middle of the bustle that was Diagon Alley. Petunia was shocked to say the least.

It took the better part of an hour for all the banking that needed to be done from Sirius' estate. Aunt petunia was worse for ware from the ride down to the vaults. But when her vault that had been placed under the name of Petunia Evans was opened she gasped. Inside there had been a pile of gold galleons and a small chest with a B on it. She took the chest out along with a bag of gold for shopping.

"Harry look, it's the 3W's!" Hermione pointed to Fred and Georges storefront. As they got closer they saw that the twins had put Ginny and Ron to work helping the massive amounts of people that were inside.

"HEY!!! looks like my investment paid off!" Harry shouted to Ron who was behind the counter.

"Harry! Hermione! What are you doing here?" then seeing Petunia standing there with her mouth open slightly, "Ummm Hello Mrs. Dursley. Welcome to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes."

"Mrs. Dursley, how glad we are that you have come to our grand opening." George said putting out a hand. Petunia stood there stock still. "Um I would like to apologize about your son Dudley getting some of our prototypes a couple years ago. But they really are big sellers."

"I can see that. And Harry you invested in this?" Petunia said.

"He's part owner. He'll be getting 15% of all the prophets." Fred piped up.

"I gave them my winnings from the Triwizarding Cup at the end of 4th year. I didn't want the money." Harry said with a touch of sadness.

"Well I see that it was a wise investment." Aunt Petunia said, trying to act as civilized as possible.

"Mrs. Dursley, how would you like to go to the book store." Hermione said. "If you are going to be living in around Wizards, even though Godric's Hollow is a Muggle community you may want some reference books..." she added as she lead the way over to Flourish and Blotts.

"Hey mate what is going on with your Aunt?" Ron asked as Ginny finally ran up and gave Harry a hug.

"Long story... anyway she and I are going to Godric's Hollow... with get this... OUT Dudley and Uncle Vernon."

"Are you taking your computer with you???" Ginny asked. "We all got our own Wizarding Wireless Webs. I'm designing a web page for the Twins."

"Actually I left Dudley's there... didn't have the heart to take it... Where can I get one."

After a few minutes more of talking Harry ran to catch up with Hermione and Aunt Petunia who had a stack of books about getting to know the wizarding world on top of which was "Hogwarts a History."

"Well I can see you have been shopping with Mione, Aunt Petunia... that's her favorite book." Harry said with a grin giving a playful shove to Hermione's shoulder.

"She did make a fine case as to why I should read it, seeing as it is where you both go to school and where your mom and dad met."

Hermione stood back proudly at this statement and Harry just rolled his eyes. "I don't know about you sometimes Mione. Come on, it's getting late and we have a long drive ahead of us."

Taking their packages to the car, they headed off towards Cambridge and dropped Hermione off.

The drive was very long and boring, but Harry didn't mind since he got to do most of the driving. Aunt Petunia had her nose in a book (Hogwarts a History) and every so often she would pipe up with a tiny detail that she had gleaned from the book. "I didn't know you were mentioned in here?"

"What do you mean? I'm mentioned? Huh.... must be a revised revised revised version... " Harry chorkled.

"Yes... it says here that Harry James Potter became the youngest Quiddddd... what is that word."

"Quidditch player in a hundred years. Yes... I got picked as a seeker my first year. Dad was a Chaser... I've got some books about Quidditch if you want to read those too..." he laughed.

It was nearly daybreak as they entered the sleep village of Godric's Hollow. It had a sense of Brigadoon, seemingly to appear out of nowhere. Harry had pulled off the road and got out to stretch his legs.... He was home...

A elderly old man was walking by and spotted Harry. "Jeezuz Mary and Joseph, if it isn't Little Jimmy Potter's boy."

Harry's eyes widened. "You knew my dad?"

"I surely did, chased him and little Sirius Black out of me orchard many a summer. I sure was sorry to see what happened to your folks... we all thought you had died as well. But your folks manor is just down that road there.... and the cottage they had build for you is down that lane."

"Where's the cemetary?" Harry asked.

After getting the directions Harry got back in the car and started heading towards the Manor. As he pulled up he found it ironic that it would be called a manor when it didn't look much bigger then a two story cottage. He shook his Aunt Petunia awake and they headed inside.

"Welcome to Potter Manor Aunt Petunia." Harry said as he opened the front door and let her in.

Immediately, they were greeted by two small creatures who recognized Harry. "Oh Harry Potter sir, such a pleasure it is to be serving you... Me and Winky are here to do for you anything you please." Dobby said with a smile.

"Aunt Petunia, this is Dobby and I guess he's our new house-elf."

"Mrs Harry's Aunt mam' I want to say I am sorry for dropping that lovely pudding on that woman's head. I was just trying to keep Harry Potter safe."

"That's alright Dobby... it's all forgotten now... but it's good to know that Harry had been truthful with me about how it happened."

"Where's Winky?" Harry asked Dobby as Dobby unloaded the car quickly using magic.

"She's at HJP Cottage sir, she's doing better then she was. She likes the privacy over there."

After a few days, they had settled in to the manor very well. Aunt Petunia was such a different person from when she was around Uncle Vernon. He called her on the telephone several times, trying to convince her to come back home. But she told him that to avoid the conflicts that Vernon had with her side of the family, she would stay the summer with Harry and then come back to Privet Drive. Harry suggested that she invite Vernon and Dudley over to the manor and he could live at the cottage but she said no.

It was on Harry's 16th birthday when he finally got to see the inside of the cottage. Winky had done a magnificient job of cleaning and restoring it to it's original beauty.

It was a small white building with red roses and ivy growing wild over the facade. Inside it was very cozy. there were three bedrooms each with it's own facilities a kitchen, dining room and a charming living room.

Outback there was a lush green woodland, with the sound of running water. Harry could tell why Sirius called it Cuddle Castle. It had all the romance and splendor of a fairy tale story.

Unknown to Harry, Petunia had contacted Remus and Hermione and had planned a huge surprise birthday party for him. By the time Harry had returned to the Manor everyone was there.

All the Weasley's were in attendence except Percy, the Longbottoms, the Lovegoods, the Granger's, as well as many of Harry's other friends and teachers from school.

It was a very spectacular gathering when suddenly a couple members of the Order of the Phoenix appeared at the door.... with them Vernon and Dudley Dursley.

Author's notes...

Ok... I think that's long enough... now before anyone begins to comment about it... I BELIEVE that Godric's Hollow is in Wales... however, there is debate (see the lexicon) that it is not in Wales, but perhaps in Scotland or Ireland... either way... I'm making it seem like Wales, Scotland and Ireland combined... it's that Celt in me just crying to get out...

And another thing... I know this is NC-17... but ITS not in this chapter... but perhaps the next... that we get a little bit of *grin*.... for those of you who have read the original story... many parts of that will be in the next chapter... especially concerning Dudley and GInny... (shiver scary thought I know) but it's MY STORY!!!

I didn't have any help from any others from the KFUFHP on this chapter so blame me and only me if you got a problem...

NEXT CHAPTER: THE BOOK, THE PUTER, AND THE CASTLE

Hug's and Kisses

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`»*«´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`»*«´¨`·. ¸¸.*¤*

Muirnin, Queen Mother-Royal Family of Cliffies

@}>--'--,--

Founder & Proud Member of KFUFHP-Kindred Fellowship United for Harry Potter