Unofficial Portkey Archive

Anything for Love by coriander
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Anything for Love

coriander

Chapter 16

I sit down at the table as I watch my children and their father walk out of the kitchen. I am happy that Ron is trying, really I am. I just wonder why he didn't try before. I know it has only been a few weeks, but it seems like it's been months since we separated. I guess that is what my heart feels, anyway.

I am still in a state of shock at some of what Ron had said about Harry and I. Did he really think that we are meant for each other? Was he really happy for us about the baby? He seemed so sincere. Maybe Ron has finally grown up. It took him long enough. He seems like a totally different man than the one I was married to. I guess that's just it, we're not married. He is just Ron, my best friend. Granted, he is also the father of my children, but that's beside the point.

It's back to being Ron, Harry and Hermione, the trio. Is that what I want? No. I want it to be more like HarryandHermione with Ron on the side. Lavender can have him, really, just as long as I can still have him as my best friend. I have started to overcome my bitterness toward her. Ron is a teddy bear. He is one of the sweetest men you could ever meet. It's not hard to fall head over heels in love with him. He will sweep you off your feet before you get a chance to blink. I loved him for a long time, I still do. But he never made me feel quite like Harry does.

Speak of the devil. Harry has moved over to sit next to me and hesitantly put his arm around my shoulder. I lean into him. It's been a hard day. Exhausting. It's only half past 6 and I am ready to head to bed. I am lulling off to sleep as we speak. Harry's scent sends me into a bit of euphoria and I feel light, calm, safe.

His fingers run through my hair and bring me out of my reverie. "You all right, love?" he asks softly. I love his voice, low, raspy and dead sexy.

I nod into his chest. I can't help but think that everything seems so perfect. I feel like I am in an alternate universe - Ron cheating on me, me being so understanding of his infidelity, Harry and I together, pregnant, my kids being supportive and somewhat forgiving of their father - I wonder what will be thrown at me next.

Many people, if faced with similar situations, would have thought it absurd to be over everything so fast, to be so accepting, so trusting. But, I guess I am not most people. Ron, Harry and I have been through more together than anyone else I know. We have looked death in the face and walked away. We have trusted our lives to each other more times than I can remember. The three of us have a strange bond. Isn't that the understatement of the year? After facing so many things together and loving each other the way we all do, things tend to roll off your back easier.

Yes, I was hurt by Ron's infidelity, but I knew that he loved me and wanted what was best for me. I know he shouldn't have lied for so long. But I forgive him, how can I not? Because of him, I have Harry.

Looking back, if I hadn't married Ron, and if I would have been with Harry from the start, I don't think it would have worked out. Harry would have been too preoccupied with me when he needed to focus on Voldemort, and he most likely would have died instead. I would not have my children. Frankly, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I don't regret marrying Ron. I only regret that he and I let our marriage step in the way of our friendship. We were friends before we were husband and wife, but somewhere our friendship took a backseat. If our friendship would have stayed strong through our marriage, maybe he wouldn't have gone to Lavender, maybe he still would have. Fates, karma, destiny all played a role in this. I thank whichever one made all this happen the way it did, because for the first time in my life, I am truly happy.

I look up into the brilliant green eyes of my lover. Is that what he is? My lover? No, he is so much more than that. He is my lover, my confidant, my rock, my savior, my best friend. He makes me melt every time I look at him. I pray that the two of us won't make the same mistakes as Ron and I did. I don't want to ruin the friendship in the trials of starting a relationship. My mind turns to our fate. We will be parents. A baby. Our baby. I guess I was subconsciously rubbing my belly, because I am brought out of my thoughts when Harry's fingers intertwine with mine just over where our baby is growing.

"I'm scared, Harry." I whisper before I even think it.

"I know, so am I. You have done this twice before, I haven't." I smile at him, and he smiles back. I love seeing his smile. He didn't smile for so long during the war. I would pray some nights just to see a grin. I cherish every smile he gives me, even though they are not so rare anymore. I nuzzle into him and his lips brush across my hairline. Its amazing how we can sit so calmly together and not feel we have to fill the time with words. We have both been silent now for a few minutes and I finally register what he said.

"Just because I have done this twice before, doesn't mean I'm not scared out of my mind. We faced Voldemort many times over, but having a baby seems to be the most scary thing I have ever experienced." He looks at me questioningly. "I know, it sounds stupid. How can having a baby measure up to facing the darkest wizard imaginable? Well, when we fought in the war, there was the possibility of only two outcomes - either he would win, or we would. With a baby you wonder - will I know what to do? Will I be a good enough parent for them? How can I protect them from danger? Just think about what our parents thought about throughout the war. You're mum and dad gave their lives for you. So did mine quite a few years later. Will we be as wonderful as our parents were? Will we be able to give them all they need? Harry, I have to think about what Candace and Arthur will feel about this. It's not just m…"

"Hermione, we have to think about Candice and Arthur's reactions. We are in this together, you and me. I love you, and your children, and our baby. I will do everything in my power to make it all work out." I look into his eyes that are so full of love and trust. I want get lost in those eyes, to feel him, kiss him, love him. As if reading my thoughts, he comes closer and covers my lips with his. Our kiss is soft and sensuous, and my body immediately reacts to it.

Before I even realize what is happening, Harry has pulled me onto his lap. "I love you so much, 'Mione," he whispers between kisses. The now familiar burning radiates through my body at the sound of his voice and the feel of his lips grazing my neck. Right now, at this moment, all that matters is Harry. I love him more than anything I could ever imagine. We will make it. I know we will. Maybe Ron was right for once. Maybe Harry and I are meant to be.

His hands rub lightly up my sides to the swells of my breasts. I can't help my body's natural urge to press into his hands. Suddenly, with a few whispered words, my clothes disappear. I am left nakedly straddling a fully clothed Harry in the middle of our kitchen. It takes me a few moments to comprehend that he had just performed wandless magic. I try to make a mental note to discuss that with him later.

Speaking of magic, I can feel the magic surrounding us. I can see it. The air is sparkling, as if it were electronically charged. We have made love five times, one of which was just a few hours ago and I had never experienced anything like this. Whatever it is that is around us, it seems to have heightened every sensation that I feel. What would normally be a small tingle is more like a electronic shock. My skin is burning under his fingertips. My lips are savoring each fiery kiss. He grabs my hips and rolls me across the bulge in his lap. I whimper into his mouth at the feel of it. I want him.

My body is humming with arousal and I really think he has too many clothes on. My hands reach down and untug his shirt from his trousers. I hastily try to pull it over his head, pulling from our kiss only long enough to do so. I feel him chuckle into my mouth as I start to struggle with his zipper. He pulls away and whispers those Latin words again. In an instant he is gloriously naked underneath me. He grins, satisfied with himself and his powers.

I love magic, and I hate to think of living without it, but there are just some things that are more fun to use your hands for. I reach down between us and take him into my hands. He gasps as I start to stroke him. "Hermione, I don't think he needs any help, I don't think I can take it," he confesses huskily into my ear.

I run my tongue lazily around his ear lobe, before whispering back, "I know love, I just love the feel of you hot and hard in my hands. I love to know that I have that affect on you. It amazes me how something can be so hard but yet velvety soft at the same time." I know he loves the dirty talk. He had confessed that to Ginny when they were dating. Of course, being the woman that she is, she would tell her best friend these things. I smile inwardly as he grasps my hips and raises me slightly before lowering me onto him.

"Oh gods," he growls at the feel of me wrapped around him. I love the growl. He doesn't know what that growl does to me. Or maybe he does and uses it to his advantage. He wraps my legs around his waist as he balances us on the wooden kitchen chair. I know this can't be comfortable for him, but he obviously doesn't mind.

Harry's hands are guiding my hips up and down so hard that when I come down, he is buried to the hilt and hitting muscles I never knew existed. Is that the G-spot? I had heard other women talk about it. I had read about it. But by gods, I never thought it would feel that damned good. I can't suppress the scream that escapes my lips at the unfamiliar but more than pleasant feeling.

He is pounding me onto him and it feels wonderful. Harry has never been rough with me, and while this is not necessarily rough, it is much more aggressive than I am used to. Our movements are powerful and my large breasts are bouncing forcefully in his face. I absently reach up to grab them, not only to ease some of the strain from the abnormal activity, but I like to tease my nipples as I make love, it seems to send even more sensual energy down to where it counts most.

Before my hands are able to cup them, I feel Harry's mouth on one, teasing, licking, biting. I throw my head back at the sensation of his teeth grazing my sensitive nipple and snake a hand up and cup the other breast, rubbing my nipple between my thumb and forefinger. He groans in between nibbles and his movements become more frantic. The feel of his pubic bone rubbing against my clit at each downstroke, is sending me to an oblivion at a rather fast pace.

My unoccupied hand wraps behind his head and tangles into his hair, pulling him further into my breast. I come suddenly and powerfully, his name echoing loudly from my lips. A few strokes later he follows me over the edge. I look down at his beautiful face. He is beautiful when he comes. His eyes are closed tightly shut, but you can tell that they are rolled back into his head. His lips are parted slightly and his cheeks are flushed.

Slowly he opens his eyes and catches me staring at him. "You are beautiful," I whisper.

He shakes his head, "No, you are the beautiful one. You are so wanton and sexy. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

I can't help the blush that I know is creeping up my cheeks. I bury my head into his shoulder. His hands finally release my hips and one is absently running through my hair. His warm breath is near my ear. "See how good we are together, 'Mione? We can do anything. And almost anything we put our minds to, ends up perfect. Our baby is going to be perfect, just like you. We can do this, and we'll be damned good at it."

He's right. It seems that everything that Harry and I have ever done together, works out for the best - the potions test to get to the Philosopher's Stone, maybe not the Polyjuice potion, but Sirius' escape on Buckbeak, the DA, the final battle, our friendship, our love, sex… can't rule out the sex. He is right, this baby will be perfect and with each other we can be wonderful parents.

I smile at him, expressing all my love through my eyes and that smile. "I love you so much Harry. You're right. We have no reason to be so scared. We will be wonderful." I kiss him sweetly on the lips and wrap my arms tightly around his neck. We sit there for what seems like forever on that little wooden kitchen chair, basking in our love, unabashedly naked and holding each other like our lives depended on it.

*

A/N - My homepage has been updated and moved. Please come see me at

http://home.earthlink.net/~icoriander/

There you can read all of my unedited works and sign up for update notifications.