Unofficial Portkey Archive

What is love? by Rosali
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What is love?

Rosali

What is Love?

A/N: Time to give dear ol'Mione some credit, a little less harsh words ^_^ Hope you like this chapi, and that it helps on your present opinion of her, although maybe in last chapter you saw some of it *shrug* Happy Reading! Please R&R, I love EVERY review and try to respond to each, so any question or something, just drop a shout and you shall get an answer, unless you ask me to tell you the end lol ;)

CHAPTER XV

Clear and Present

I wish I could define
All the thoughts that crossed my mind
They seem too big for me to choose
I don't know which ones to use
When I'm falling down so far
I think I'll never see your light
Bouncing off of me
Shining down here from your eyes
.- Help Me by Nick Carter

0x01 graphic

2004 - Daily Prophet's Main Offices, London

0x01 graphic

When the Daily Prophet's offices materialized in front of her eyes, she extended her arm with a sigh, reaching for the doorknob of her office. As soon as it opened, at least a dozen flying parchments came soaring through the door before her, and her ears picked quickening footsteps in her direction. She closed her eyes, put her smile on and turned around.

"Good afternoon, Eddy," she said brightly.

"Hermione! Thank Merlin you finally came!"

"I had no choice, did I?" she asked in the same bright tone with sarcasm.

"I am terribly sorry I'm cutting your vacation short, but this is-"

"Extremely important, life or death, right?" she finished his sentence, her voice changing to one of slight annoyance.

Eddy sighed. "You know you're the only one-"

"Because I was Harry Potter's friend since I was eleven and because I was her girlfriend, I know," she said with resignation.

"Thanks so much Hermione! You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I promise you that once this is over, you'll have your full month and I won't bother you one time!" he exclaimed, shaking her hand.

She yanked her hand back and focused her eyes on him. "Is it ever?" she just asked and with a sigh, went into her office and the door closed behind her.

Eddy watched her enter and sighed. "Everything has to start and end, Miss Granger," he said out loud to the closed door.

When the door shut, she slumped against it and threw her head back, closing her eyes as Eddy's voice echoed from the other side. "He's right, isn't he? Everything that starts has an end," she told herself and walked over to her desk, now full of parchments with information gathered by reporters for her.

She started ruffling through all of the information, looking for possible connections apart from the fact that they were all aurors. "If Harry won't help, then I should go to Remus, but he's the head of the department, I'm not so sure that my being his star student back then will be enough." Thinking out loud, she sighed and started writing.

Chess or mess?

By Hermione Granger

The halls of St. Mungo's hospital echo with restlessness; a lingering question floods all of our minds… Are we looking at a new war? A third war, led not by the infamous Dark Lord Voldemort, but by his followers. The bits and pieces of those who terrified the Wizardring Community once and were defeated by a group of brave witches and wizards led by Albus Dumbledore and none other than The Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter. The latter is now in a hospital bed, while the first vanished after The Last Battle was fought. So now it remains, without our two protectors and symbols, who do we have left to fight our battles for us? Is there a battle coming?

It took her nearly an hour to put together this paragraph, when normally it wasn't more than twenty minutes for a similar length. She groaned in frustration and closed her laptop, pushing her chair back and staring at the ceiling.

After years of research, Miss Granger had been the first witch to ever get a high tech machine to work on a magic environment. She had got an award for that, and it had certainly made her life easier, not to mention the life of many other witches and wizards that had purchased the device that allowed their computers, tellys and other equipments to work. Due to her little invention -and her job, of course-, she'd been able to put together a small fortune, one that allowed her to live without worrying about money, or lack thereof.

"I definitely need to clear my head. Can't work like this!" she snapped at herself and took a hand to her stomach. She wasn't sure about this, but she knew that emotional stress could have repercussions on the person's body, and she definitely was having some…

"Ugh!" she whined and reaching out for her wand, cast a quick stomachache-reliever, nausea-easing spell on herself. "Bless Quick Heal books!" she said brightly as the discomfort vanished slowly. She didn't, however, move from the position she was on.

"Guess I might as well talk to myself," she mused, she didn't quite feel like talking to Ginny and she definitely could not talk to Ron about this, he would die in the act! A knock on the door startled her, and she nearly fell off the chair from surprise. "What is it? Please, I need time to figure-" she started, but the door opened and a cloaked figure entered.

As a reflex, she quickly took her wand, and a moment later, she had the stranger at wand point. "Who are you? Who let you in?" she asked dangerously.

The stranger lifted his hands; his face was still covered by the hood. "No one, I passed under an invisibility spell," he said slowly. "You definitely have gotten better," he continued in what sounded like an amused tone.

Hermione took one step forward and the tip of her wand entered the hood, reaching flesh. She knew that was his neck. "Get out, I don't care who you are, I will have you dead in the blink of an eye. Now go!" she said and pressed the tip of her wand harder against the stranger's neck.

The force of her push, made the cloak fall backwards and she gasped, stumbling back. That little moment was enough for the stranger to get his wand and have her at wand point. "Isn't it a marvelous pleasure?" he asked silkily, his thin golden hair falling slightly to his eyes.

"But you- you're dead! I covered your death myself," she managed as she scanned the place for a way out.

"Guess that demotes you from the award you won last year, doesn't it?"

"I-" she started, taking a few steps back, hoping to get away from his wand. A moment later, the coat perch was flying towards the stranger's head. He was surprised for a split second, but the next, he had ducked it with a swift movement.

As he ducked, Hermione took her chance and used the muggle self-defense she'd learned so long ago, out of sheer necessity. Her foot collided with his right side, and he went flying against the wall. He lay unmoving for a moment, and she came closer to see if he was unconscious.

When she was a meter away, he grabbed her arm and yanked her down. Taken by surprise, Hermione didn't have time to put resistance, and before she knew, he had her by the neck with one strong arm, and the other held the wand he'd accioed wordlessly, to her temple.

"That isn't a nice welcome, now is it? Where are your manners, Granger?"

"Maybe I left them in the field where your father killed you!" she said as she struggled uselessly against him.

He turned her around by force; his face was inches from her and his wand was still pointed at her head. "That was a long time ago, how did you manage to go by with no manners? Right, you didn't need them with Weasley, huh?"

She stared at him with big brown eyes, full of fear at the fire in those cold grey eyes he used to have.

"Oooohhhh, yes, I know everything that's been going on," he said with a smirk. "You've done your share of not-too-nice things, eh? Did you know you're in modern wizardring history books? Listed as the right hand hero of Potter, I don't see you much as a hero, what about you?"

"I am no hero; I just did what I had to. And you're the last to talk about not-so-nice things," she spat, still struggling against his grip.

"It's no use, Granger. You'll never free yourself by force."

"I know!" she screamed and stepped hard on his foot. He let out a moan, and when he looked up again, the roles were reversed once again.

"Man! This is going to take all day!" he protested and rolled his eyes, letting out a breath. "I'm not here to hurt you, all right?"

"Definitely! I'm sure Samson thought the same of Delilah… Are you sure you're talking to the right person? I'm not Crabbe or Goyle," she said sarcastically.

"You are SO ten years late with that line!" he retorted sarcastically.

Hermione tightened her grip on her wand. "How is it that you've been back from the dead for five minutes and you are already insufferable?! I tell you, I don't know how you do it."

"Natural talent, I guess. One of my many charms," he said and gave her a seductive smirk.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Malfoy!"

"Can't help it, you really aren't that ugly duckling you were back at school."

"Am I supposed to take that as a compliment?"

"Serve yourself…" he said and shrugged.

"People change throughout life," she mused, thinking back in time.

"Exactly!" he said brightly.

She tensed a moment at the change of voice and shook herself mentally. "What do you want?" she asked.

"I- want to help."

She shook her head and laughed. "YOU, of ALL people. YOU, Draco Malfoy want to help a mudblood AND Harry Potter defeat dark wizards? I'm sorry, I missed the part where you were abducted by aliens and your brain was washed."

He sighed, annoyed. "Look, cut it with the sarcasm, all right? It's not like I fancy helping you, pitiful creatures."

"Excuse me?" she asked angrily.

He sighed again. "I'm just here because Dumbledore told me it was time, I know things you don't and you won't, since Mr. Potter doesn't seem keen on talking about it… OR to you for that matter; and the werewolf obviously won't open his trap."

"Have you got to be so rude when referring to other people?"

Draco shrugged. "Courtesy of the Malfoy family upbringing," he explained.

She rolled her eyes, just barely relaxing her grip on her wand. "Well? Speak up!" she demanded.

"My, my. Aren't we a little eager?"

"Don't push your luck, Malfoy. Now, how exactly did DUMBLEDORE come to trust YOU of all people?"

"Because he knows I won't betray him. For reasons I won't tell you," he stated and brushed a long strand of silvery-blond hair out of his face.

Hermione was taken for a moment by the way his long hair framed his face, how those empty eyes had changed… in fact, he was more than just a mannequin now, he was actually quite handsome.

She shook herself mentally and focused back on what he had just said. "And how do you expect me to believe you are not making this whole thing up to get closer to Harry and then kill me, OR him for that matter? I see you are good at faking," she said sarcastically.

"Granger! I told you to cut it!"

"Sorry, but you make that Hermione come out."

"Guess I'll take that as a compliment."

"All right! Now what might YOU have that I cannot get on my own?" she asked, sitting down on her desk.

"Well, let's see, there are nine dead aurors." He started counting with his fingers.

"Right."

"You only have last names."

"Indeed."

"And you think they're only aurors. I-"

"Wait! I- think?"

"I was saying that you definitely have a disadvantage there."

"What do you mean, `I think'?" she asked again and then shook her head. "Hold on a second, why would you tell this to a journalist? If this is all being so secretive, I'm not so sure ANYONE would go to the media," she reasoned, reaching out for her wand again.

"Before you do that, let me just say that Dumbledore works in mysterious ways; and I'm not coming to the journalist, I'm coming to the person," he told her with a knowing look.

Hermione relaxed again and sighed. "I don't want to get involved in that again," she spoke barely above a whisper.

"Miss Granger? What was that? You're walking away from an occasion to help your eternal love AND the wizardring community? I think I remember quite well one of the motives of your legendary breakup," he said and smirked. "You definitely have changed," Draco stated.

She looked up at him, anger flashing through her eyes. "You, have NO idea at all of what you're talking about!" she snapped dangerously.

Draco flinched. "Woah, woah, getting to turbulent waters here, are we? Wouldn't want to risk little mudblood's anger?" He smirked again, now more maliciously.

"What are you playing at?" she asked.

"Me? Nothing. Malfoy's don't play, Granger."

"Right, I forgot what little slithering snakes you all are."

He frowned. "Uh, that was a little harsh, wasn't it?"

"So what's you're ulterior motive then?"

"I would be pleased to tell you, but then I'd have to kill you because otherwise you would kill me first."

She stood and slammed her palms against the desk. "What the hell do you want? And don't tell me that Dumbledore knows I will know what to do because he vanished when we needed him the most."

"Then you leave me with no valid argument. Except maybe- you don't want to see Potter dead, do you now?"

"Of course not!"

"But you would have at a moment."

"What are you talking about?" she asked angrily.

"Come on! I'm not that stupid! You love to be selfish, you hated him so much each time he hurt you. You would have even killed him yourself at moments."

"That's NOT true! I would never kill him…"

"Ah… but you did hate him at times. And you did push him away whenever he wanted to fix things after school was over, did you not?" he said smugly.

"He did it first!" she cried defensively.

"And you did too! And even so, you got the guy," he started laughing.

She opened her mouth a couple of times to speak with little success; then she sighed and slumped on her chair, burying her face in her hands. "I didn't mean it to- and now he wants it to be over. He said it himself," she sobbed softly.

"I can't say I blame him," Draco said, coming next to Hermione.

"But- but I just realized-"

"You always knew. It was obvious, even from the Slytherin table back then. Bad choice, the Weasel."

"He's great, he really is," she blubbered.

Draco rolled his eyes. "But he didn't deserve that."

"No, he didn't. I'm so horrible."

"Oh, don't do that, you're ruining the image of mighty Hermione Granger."

She laughed a little at this comment and looked up, wiping her eyes. "I had never really seen it like that," she admitted.

"But some part deep down inside you knew it. Am I right?"

Hermione frowned and she looked at him bewildered. "When did you become so observant and turned into some weird kind of Freud?"

"There are a lot other qualities Slytherins have, Granger, we don't only step on others to get to our goals. We also study them and see their weak points to ultimately crumble them from within," he said with a proud smile and a touch of evil mischief in his voice.

"You really are freaky, Malfoy."

"Am I? Oh! The goal of my life has been achieved! Hermione Granger got to the conclusion that I am freaky!" he exclaimed to the heavens.

She laughed and then wooziness took her over for a moment. She rushed to the bathroom on an urgent appointment with Mr. W.C. Minutes later; she emerged from the loo and looked at Draco, who was extremely bewildered. "Emotional stress… has happened before, once."

He raised a brow at her and then shrugged. "As you say, Dr."

She placed herself again behind her desk. "So, what are these aurors?"

He sighed and sat across from her. "Years ago, there was a small group of aurors that were especially selected to lead different groups in the final battle… Obviously, you know why they were chosen…"

"Leading abilities, superior skills in the dueling, time in service… yeah, I know," Hermione provided.

"Uh-huh." Draco nodded and continued. "Anyway, these groups never formed because-well you know how it was that day. So the list was lost and those aurors were never told they were selected. Now that the former Death Eaters, the Falange, are gathering again, they want to- let's say, clean up the road so they can walk smoothly. So they have been picking them one by one and I must say that they are almost done. The only left are-take your guess," he smirked.

"Potter, the one that was to lead the main group. Longbottom, obviously the second in command of that supposed group."

"Dumbledore doesn't count because he was definitely going to be with Potter and everyone else… never knew how he did all those things."

"Dumbledore works in mysterious ways," Hermione chimed with a giggle.

"Chian, an auror that has been in the force for like forever. She even was there during the first war."

"You mean she worked with Harry's parents and Sirius?"

"Father, actually. Scarhead's mother was never a documented auror, but she was always with Potter, so…"

"Ah, I see."

"And Weasley also."

"But Ron was never an auror!"

"Not Ron, Ginny."

"What?! She's no auror!"

"But she was somewhat connected to Voldemort, remember the diary?"

"How did you-?"

"I know." He winked at her.

Hermione shook her head. "What's that got to do with the groups?"

"Remember the last battle? Who told Harry Voldemort's weak point? Not that it was hard to figure out."

"Ginny was."

"Indeed! She HAD, deep in her mind, some knowledge of the inner circle, therefore-"

"She's a risk as well. Merlin! This is bigger that I would've thought!"

"Bingo! So what's it going to be now, Miss Granger?"

She sighed and shook her head. "I- don't know, really."

"What do you mean you don't know?" he sagged.

"Malfoy, you don't know how much I lost- how much we all lost back then. I do want to help Harry, I seriously do but I am not sure I can't take this again," she told him truthfully.

Draco let out a breath. "Look, for what it's worth, I know the situation, and I can understand it. But they need you now. You know you were always Harry's strength."

She looked at him and leaned her head to a side. "Who are you and what have you done with Draco Malfoy?"

"Dumbledore told me to tell that to you." He winked and flashed her a beautiful, heart-melting smile. "Besides, you know it's true. I used to see how he looked at you behind all the anger. I was there, in the final battle and who do you think he chose to cast the spell?"

She smiled shyly at him. "You reckon?"

"Definitely."

"Did Dumbledore tell you to say that too?"

"No, that was me, as a matter of fact."

"Indeed, people change," she admitted and kissed him on the cheek.

"What was that for?" he asked with a frown.

"A thank you."

"Uh- you're welcome. I better go now. And please don't tell a soul I came, it would ruin everything."

"I won't. Anonymity of sources."

"Good then, good luck. I'll be around for a lady in distress," he said with his enchanting smile again.

"Better go look for one then," she told him as he pulled his hood up again and cast the invisibility spell on himself once more. He shut the door and Hermione walked back to her desk. "Maybe it was me after all…" she told herself with a smile.

0x01 graphic

March 1997 - Hogwarts

0x01 graphic

"As Dumbledore said, the only way of coming out of this triumphant is becoming a unit, and what better form than getting to know each other. The first step here is to see how others picture you so you can work on it," Professor McGonnagall said and waved her wand.

She walked around the classroom as pieces of parchment with complicated diagrams appeared on each table. "You must understand that it is one for all and all for one, now. I know some of you." She directed a glance at the Slytherins, sitting on the back of the room. "May not be too keen on that, but that's how things will be from now on."

Some groans and comments followed this statement and she shut them up with a single glance. "Very well, now. You'll be required to transfigure your partner into the animal you believe represents them the most. This is usually NEWT level magic, but the way things are right now, we don't even know if we'll wake to see another day, so it's been moved to sixth year NEWT Transfiguration, the teaching of this spell. Please remember there it a feminine and a masculine spell. You don't want to have a girl transfigured back into a boy, do you? And also, be aware that the spell can do severe internal damage to your partner, so be sure to do it right. Now get to work!"

Harry and Hermione practiced on animals before and although they both did it perfectly soon enough, Hermione obviously made it in the second attempt. Harry turned to Ron. "I tell you mate, I have no idea how she does it?"

Ron laughed. "Yeah mate, I get you. Mione, are you sure you don't still have the Time Turner?"

"You'll never know, will you?" she said and winked at him.

"Unfair."

"Completely."

The three laughed for a moment before McGonnagall made them get back to transfiguring the other. Ron sighed and went back to Neville. He was sure Nev would do it right, but still, he wished he could be with his friends. He shrugged the feeling away and kept practicing on his kitten until he got it perfectly.

"Morfi Starelle!" Hermione said clearly and did the movement she'd rehearsed so much.

Harry was startled for a moment and then started trembling, his eyes going blank. She freaked out for a split second, but his eyes came back in the same shade of green, just that they had canine's form now. Slowly, he started changing, his legs and arms transformed into paws, and hair grew all over his body. Soon enough, there was a white wolf standing before her and she grinned when hearing all the "ooooohhhh"s and "aaaaaaaahhhhh"s.

"Wonderful Miss Granger! Ten points to Gryffindor! Now reverse the spell, you wouldn't want him to stay like that, would you?"

"Definitely not!" she said brightly and reversed the spell.

"That was bloody brilliant, Mione!" Ron said minutes later, when he'd succeeded in turning Neville into an eagle while Harry changed back.

She watched Harry turning back to the one she knew and loved and couldn't help the lovers' sigh escape her throat. When he had lips instead of a snout, she kissed him deeply. "Glad you're back," she told him softly.

Harry laughed. "I was only an animal for like two minutes."

"Seemed longer to me," she said sweetly and kissed him lightly on the lips again.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head against hers. "You're awesome," he whispered and brushed his nose with hers with a smile. "I love you," he finished.

"Oy! Get a room, Potter!" Malfoy's voice echoed from the back.

Harry rolled his eyes and reluctantly pulled away. "This is not the place!" he heard Prof. McGonnagall, but his eyes and attention was all focused on Hermione at that moment… oh! How beautiful she was…

A moment later, he pulled himself back to reality. "Why a white wolf?"

"Well, you're always vigilant, are very protective of your loved ones. Also, by nature, you're not violent, but when pushed, you can be fierce," she smiled at him.

"Wow, thanks baby," he said truthfully and prepared himself to do the spell on her. He wasn't too keen of performing magic that could be harmful on her, but he was sure he would do it fine. "Ready?" he asked and Hermione nodded. "Morfil Starella!" he cast and waved his wand.

Hermione trembled and her eyes went white for a moment, the process repeating itself on her except that her eyes turned into feline ones, and she grew light brown skin. She roared and everyone stared at her in awe, all majestic and beautiful…

Harry stared at her, and before he knew, McGonagall was ushering him to change her back. He cast the spell and a minute later, she was back to Hermione Granger.

The bell rang and they all got ready. Most of them had managed to get the spell right, and they were all commenting on what animal they had become. Hermione, however was very quiet as they walked; she and Harry holding hands and Ron by Harry's side.

He turned to her with a puzzled expression. "What's the matter, Mione?" he asked concerned.

"You're awfully quiet. I would figure you'd be commenting all over on the lesson," Ron added.

"I- was just thinking."

"On why I turned you into a lioness?" She nodded and Harry smiled. "Easy, you're the one that really keeps me alive. They all think the Lion is the king, but really, he would be nowhere without the lioness," he said simply and kissed her.

0x01 graphic

September 1997 - Hogwarts

0x01 graphic

The autumn night was clear and full of stars. The summer heat was gone, replaced by a fresh air that made you just want to stand there and feel it. They had gone out for a walk around the lake, partly because they really needed to get away from all the Order affairs, of which they knew only by eavesdropping meetings. And partly because the Common Room was definitely too crowded and the Head Boy and Girl Chambers were a little too small to clear one's head.

They just walked around the lake, holding hands, occasionally breaking a comment or two, but most of all; they enjoyed each other's company and feeling. By the end of their walk, they would be joking and kissing, and having fun, like normal teenagers should. And then, they had to go back to reality; school, Voldemort, the Order…

It was almost midnight when the two walked up to the Common Room but were intercepted by Dumbledore and McGonagall, both looking grave; Ron, half-asleep; and Ginny, who was only bewildered.

They both did a double take. When Dumbledore and McGonagall came to the Common Room to get either of them, it had to be of importance, and judging by the looks in the two, it wasn't good news.

"Oh no!" Hermione exclaimed, accelerating the pace to reach the others. "More murders!"

Harry gasped, the realization drowning on him. It was only the two Weasleys left at Hogwarts that were with the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmistress. Please let it not be a Weasley, he thought hopelessly.

They reached the office and entered after Dumbledore. "I think you better sit down, kids," he said with a sigh, looking as tired as Harry had seen him very few times.

"What's going on? Please tell me it's not one of my family!" Ron demanded; much more awake now.

Dumbledore sighed again. "I'm afraid so, yes, Mr. Weasley. He fell in battle, a trap, to be exact."

"What?! Who is it?" Ginny cried, her eyes already filled with tears.

"Percy. He died earlier tonight," McGonagall told her.

Hermione gasped and buried her face in Harry's chest. He just closed her eyes and held her while she cried. He wasn't going to falter now; it was his turn to be strong. He hadn't been there when Hermione's parents were killed because he couldn't handle it, but now it was different; it had to be different.

"No! It's not true, please no!" Ron howled.

"Please sit down, Ron," Dumbledore said softly, placing a hand on his arm.

He pushed it away roughly. "No! I knew this would happen! You HAD to send him, didn't you see it coming? You always say you see it all coming. What was it this time, huh?!" he cried and banged his fist on the desk.

"I understand why you're so upset-" he started calmly.

"Like hell you do! Where is this leading, huh? Who's going to be next? What's next on your little chess game?" he asked angrily.

"Ron…" Ginny started in a small voice. "Ron, please don't-" she said in a quivering tone. "He didn't-"

Hermione saw how pale she was looking and quickly pulled away from Harry's arms to hold her friend, who collapsed as soon as Hermione got to her side. "Shhh, Gin, it'll be all right," was all she could say.

Ron turned to his sister and Hermione, and glared at Dumbledore. They held each others' gaze and then Ron looked away. "I know it wasn't his fault," he said in a low voice, agreeing with Ginny.

Harry took his chance at that moment and closed the distance between them in two long strides, holding his friend as he cried.

"It's a terrible tragedy. I know it doesn't sound as much right now, but he died saving others…" McGonagall said softly.

Ron nodded and pulled from Harry's arms just a moment. "I know, he wouldn't have died any other way," he managed with a small smile.

Soon, it was almost two in the morning and they were going back up. As Ron walked to the seventh years' dormitories, Harry put a hand on his shoulder and pointed upstairs with a nod.

Ron's empty eyes looked at him and managed a small yet blank smile. "Yeah, probably. Thanks," he said softly, still in shock.

As they readied for bed, Ron sat in silence on the edge. Harry looked at him and let out a sympathetic sigh; he sat next to his friend. "We'll get them back. It won't have been in vane, I can promise you that," he said seriously.

"I know, Harry, I know."

"I'm here for you."

"I really appreciate it, thank you."

He smiled at Ron. "There's no need to give thanks, what else am I here for?" he asked and they both laughed a little.

0x01 graphic

2004 - Hermione's flat, Outskirts of London

0x01 graphic

She had spent the best part of the rest of the day thinking over what Draco had told her. There were a million possibilities, but one was certain; she couldn't walk away on them. Harry had always been there and as much as she hated to admit it, Malfoy was right in saying that she was the only one that could help now.

Indeed, she had been terrible to him, but the only way to go now was to make peace with him, and tell him all that had gone through her mind the past night… maybe not all of it, she chuckled.

I have to tell him, I just hope he can understand and forgive. Fat chance there, but worth the try, she argued with herself as she fought back the lingering nausea from the previous day and night.

"All right, cut the girly thing, you make me sick! You're going back to Grimmauld Place and you'll talk to him, clear things out and maybe-" she trailed off, trying not to put her hopes up. And even apologize, but it all depends on how he acts, really; her proud part still wouldn't give in, despite it all. Hermione… the warning voice in her head said. We'll see, all right? She snapped back at the voice in her head.

0x01 graphic

A/N: I know this was longer than others but there were things that I just couldn't place anywhere else, AND I thought of a small twist while I was writing the chapter so there. Hope you liked it!

Oh! Why did I end most of the dialogues with questions? Because I've been seeing a lot of English movies, and when they speak, they always seem to end each statement with a question. Lol, I know I'm weird hehe.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->