Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 11: Chocolate Frogs

"Is it true you two are dating?" asked a tall skinny brunette who was sitting next to Samantha. Lily looked at James and smiled. Lily slowly walked from where she was standing and walked over next to James. James didn't understand quite what was happening as Lily leaned into his ear.

"I believe you," said Lily in a whisper. James smiled and the kids standing around them looked at each other because they couldn't hear what Lily had said.

By saying that to James, thought Lily. He would now think he was in charge, and make him feel a lot more proud of having her.

"You are dating!" said Samantha excitedly. "Oh goodie! I thought you guys would make such a cute couple! My friends older sister was talking about it with her mom, when we heard them!"

Lily smiled at the girl and walked over and hugged her tightly. "You are just so nice!" The girl, Samantha was booming with pride.

"Well," said James. "I suppose Lily, this would be a good time to announce that we are dating."

"Yes," replied Lily. "James and I are dating and it's very serious!"

The little girl Samantha and her friends giggled with happiness.

"Lily I am so happy for you," said a tall blonde haired girl with green eyes.

"Well, thanks Nicole," said Lily as the snobby girl Nicole Kenitaly came up to Lily and hugged her lightly. Nicole let go of her ran back to a boy who was sitting near the corner. He had light brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"Theodore," said James as he looked into the direction Lily had been looking. Theodore looked up and smiled at James and Lily as he slipped his arm around Nicole's back.

"Hi James," answered Theodore. "How was your summer?" James grinned at Theodore, even though Theodore was one of James rivals, it was a more sibling rivalry than an enemy kind.

"Good," replied James. "And yours?"

"Well," said Theodore with a pause. "I got engaged!"

"To Nicole," said James as he motioned at the girl Theodore had his arm around even though James knew the answer to his question.

"No," answered Theodore. "Actually she's a Gryffindor, her name's Alyssa."

"I know very well who Alyssa is so that's why I am wondering why you have your arm wrapped so tightly around that girl Nicole."

The room grew unusually silent and Lily glared down upon Theodore who shot looks from Lily to James.

"Maybe we better talk about this later on the train," said Theodore as he stood up with Nicole and left. An uneasy silence filled the room before Katie started to laugh and showed everyone a picture of a werewolf wearing a pink frilly dress.

"Well, if there are not any more questions," said Lily as everyone looked around at each other waiting for someone to say something. "Then this meeting is finished!" All the kids but Remus and Katie got up and said good-bye before leaving. Slowly the door shut leaving only Lily, James, Katie, and Remus in the room.

"Well," said Katie cheerfully. "That was weird!" Katie stood up and walked over to the snack table and piled a paper plate full of candy.

"I do think you two could have been a little nicer to each other," said Remus.

"Ha," said Lily sarcastically as she sat down on the couch with Katie. Lily leaned over and pulled a few chocolate frogs off Katie's plate and began to eat them.

"Who did you get?" asked James changing the subject.

Lily turned the card over and a man with messy black hair and hazel eyes looked up at her. He smiled and waved and as his eyes twinkled with delight behind a pair of glasses.

"James!" exclaimed Lily as she dropped the card. James laughed and bent over and grabbed it.

"James Albert Albus Potter, Heir to the famous Gordic Gryffindor. James Potter is best known for playing Quidditch professionally at the age of fourteen for the Hailing Hurricanes. James also is one of the four founders of the popular joke shop called The Marauders' Madness. He is also the youngest self-made Multi-Galleonaire in the last Century," said James as he finished reading the back of the card.

"James!" exclaimed Lily as she took the card from James and looked at it again. "When did they make your card?"

"Well," said James. "I think it was about four weeks ago and they decided to only print 10 copies. To bad we sold Marauders' Madness Mate."

"We made more money selling the shop to Jonko's than we made while we ran the shop. And you don't play Quidditch for the Hailing Hurricanes anymore. They should have mentioned something about you going into retirement. And why only 10 cards, Mate?" asked Remus a little surprised from over by the snack table.

"The man in charge wanted it to be really rare," replied James. "And he gave me five of the ten chocolate frogs."

"Wow," said Remus. "Your giving one to me mate?"

"Well, I put four of them on the plate here," replied James. "So it depends who gets it!" Remus and Katie began ripping open the packages and looking for James card. They each found one and Lily still had hers from before.

"What happened to the other one?" asked Remus sadly.

"I bet one of the other prefects took it," replied James.

"Oh," replied Lily quietly. Lily studied James as he threw a handful of peanuts in the air and tried to catch them in his mouth. She watched as Remus continued to urge James on and tell him to try harder.

Lily at once noticed she had not taken in the surrounding about her when she had entered the room. The compartment was large and bigger than any of the other compartments on the train. It had changed greatly from last year when if had been filled with green celebrating the Slytherin Head Boy and Girl. ON one side of the compartment there were many hard metal chairs that had been pushed together by James after the Prefects had left the room.

Close to these metal chairs were three very comfortable chairs and two couches facing each other in a circle. That's were Lily, James, Katie and Remus had positioned themselves. To the side of them was a snack table filled with dozens of candies and different kinds of food. And finally over on the far side of the compartment was a door and the four students trunks pushed together.

"Well, ladies," said James as he and Remus stood up and faced them. "It's time we met up with our fellow Marauders and began to work havoc upon the new firsties!

"It's been a pleasure," murmured Remus as he slowly kissed the top of each ladies hand.

"Until next time..."

"...We're out," said Remus as he exited in front of James who turned at the last second and winked at Lily.

"You're so lucky," said Katie sweetly.

"Why am I lucky? I'm dating an idiot!" exclaimed Lily with a laugh as she threw her hair over her shoulder.

"Well," said Katie thoughtfully as she ran her fingers through her hair, "he cares about you lots and you can tell he would never cheat on you. His eyes just followed you the whole entire time he was here. He never even glanced at any other girls chest," said Katie as she blushed.

"Jam-James Potter," said Lily. "We're talking about James right? I mean I know I am dating him and all but still, it's James. I expect him to at least have looked at another girl because I don't remember him ever having one serious relationship before this."

"Well," said Katie slowly again. "Most of the girls James has dated have just thrown themselves at James so he never actually has to try and make them like him. Most of those girls just go for the whole money-sex-and-big-house thing. James knows you could care less about how he looks and how much money he has." Katie and Lily looked at each other both thinking of Lily wanting James for his looks or anything in that direction and suddenly both began to laugh and smile.

"You-," said Lily in between laughs. "You... ha ha ha.. don't... ha ha ha.. think that.. ha HA HA... James... has... ha ha ha.. done it with someone? Do you?" said Lily as she sat up straight and looked at Katie in a very scared and concerned look.

"Lily," said Katie in her slow and thoughtful tone. "I don't want you to take this in the wrong way, but you know last year he was seeing Jordan Kenitaly. And Jordan and her sister, Nicole, are...er.. well..."

Katie stopped and didn't finish her sentence because she saw the look upon Lily's face. Katie usually was one who could think before she spook so Katie knew if she had finished her sentence Lily would be up set.

"That's so gross though," said Lily.

"Tell me about it," said Katie. "I have never so once as made out with a boy. All Devin and I did last year was lightly kiss. He knew I wouldn't go much father than that any way!"

"I hope James doesn't expect me to...er... do anything bad with him!" said Lily.

"James is more in love with you than any boy I have ever seen. His eyes never left your face and when he's around you he just sleeps in your beauty. James is used to getting what he wants and you wouldn't give him anything for SIX years," said Katie. "So if he's smart he'll play it slowly and let you do the first moves."

"But you saw him when we walked in... He tried to kiss me in front of his friends!" complained Lily.

"And then when Sirius left didn't he change?" replied Katie calmly.

"Well... yes," replied Lily stubbornly. "But he's not always going to be away from Sirius! Sirius is his best mate and they almost do everything together!"

"OK," said Katie as she put on a stubborn face. "It was NOT my idea for you to date James. You did it to yourself. And didn't you tell us he had changed over the summer? If he didn't change then why have you been dating him for like two months?"

"BECAUSE WE HAVE TO!" screamed Lily. "BECAUSE WE HAVE A BLOODY ARRANGED MARRIAGE! THERE I BLOODY SAID IT!

Katie looked sadly up at Lily as Lily kicked the couch with her foot. And then Lily picked up a pillow and flung it across the room.

Katie stood up and looked Lily in the eye and waited for Lily to settle down.

"Lily," said Katie slowly and thoughtfully. "I would give anything to have a man love me that much." Katie starred Lily in the eye for one more second before leaving Lily alone in the compartment for her last train ride to Hogwarts ever...

AN: Thankx for all the Reviews... If you have any questions about what is

happening in the story feel free to leave a Review and I'll do my best to answer

any questions~!

Thankx again

x0x0

Kaci