Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 12: The last first kiss...

Lily nervously chewed on her finger nail as Professor McGonagall finished the sorting. As the last girl sat down in the Ravenclaw section Lily's eyes swept around the Great Hall looking for mischief. Her eyes landed on James, Sirius, and Peter huddled together looking at something. Remus was no where insight.

She slowly rose from the bench at the far end of the Gryffindor table she walked quickly and directly over to where three-fourths of the Marauders were sitting. Lily squeezed herself in between James and Sirius. James quickly shoved something over to Peter who hastily hid it from Lily's prying eyes.

Because there was little room left on the bench Lily ended up sitting comfortably in James' lap. Lily glanced up at the Professor's table to see three or four of the Professors looking at Lily and James with raised eyebrows.

"Give them something to wonder about," thought Lily to herself smugly. Lily jumped a little as James ran his hand across Lily's waist and was completely holding her in his lap. "Why is he being so sweet?"

Dumbledore suddenly stood from the Professor's table and looked over the students sitting before him. A smile seemed to be dancing in his eyes as he paused a moment before speaking.

"I would like to mention before you begin your food," said Dumbledore slowly and thoughtfully like Katie often spoke. "To remember the children in the world who have nothing to eat tonight. The families that will go hungry and may starve to death." Dumbledore sat down and the room was a buzz in noise.

Lily watched as James glanced at Sirius who was looking across the hall at a group of Slytherins.

"It's not your fault Mate," said James. Lily frowned as she was confused as Sirius starred at a boy that had black hair and hazel eyes. Lily glanced from the boy to Sirius slowly and then quicker and quicker.

"He's your brother," said Lily softly as Sirius eyes flickered with pain when she mentioned it.

"Yes," mumbled Sirius. "He's my brother. Blood-brother, James is my real brother." James smiled and took his hand from Lily's waist and patted Sirius on the shoulder.

"What's his name?" asked Lily quietly with her voice barely heard from the noise in the Great Hall. No one else seemed to notice the seriousness between the three Gryffindors as everyone else around them helped themselves to food. Even Peter had lost track of the conversation and had his face in a pile of mashed potatoes.

"Lily," said Sirius looking up from his empty plate. "I think it would be best for everyone if you went and ate with your friend Katie. I need your boyfriend to myself for a moment." Lily nodded her head as James kissed her lightly on the cheek. Lily smiled at him as she saw many eyes were upon the two Gryffindors.

The room seemed to silence a little as Lily slid her lap off James lap. There fingers were still together with the other person's fingers.

James stood up also and Lily's heart began to beat steadily louder and louder. James took his other hand and placed it around Lily's waist never taking his eyes off hers.

James leaned in towards Lily as she closed her eyes waiting for James to kiss her.

"What," said James quietly into her left ear. "If I was about to give you your last first kiss... ever?"

Lily opened her eyes and saw James face was bent down right next to hers. His ear was waiting for Lily's reply.

"I would say," said Lily just as quietly as James. "That it would give many people in here something to talk about for the rest of the evening."

"And would that be good?"

"It would be something worth telling to our kids," replied Lily so silently the James ear even had problem hearing it.

Lily turned her mouth away from James ear to see his eyes stare into her eyes delicately. James slowly brushed his lips across Lily's red delicate lips. Years later, their friends would talk about their love for each other being stronger than any love ever made in the world. Lily's love was like a flower's beauty, delicate-yet strong, always making you take a second glance. While James love was steady and never wavering but only given to those chosen few who earned it.

James pulled his mouth off Lily's and watched as her beautiful eyes opened and danced with happiness. The Great Hall was completely silent and not even the sound of Peter chewing the same piece of steak over and over again in his mouth could be heard.

A girl with short curly blonde hair standing in the Ravenclaw section began to clap her hands enthusiastically and was soon joined by other females in the Great Hall. James watched Lily's face go red with embarrassment. James pulled Lily's body into his arms and hid her face in his chest. Her arms wrapped around James waist as she patted her on the back. The girls who had been clapping calmed down but then the boys started up.

Students in the Great Hall began to hoot and call out words of encouragement to the two young adults. James could feel Lily laughing in his arms as he smiled at Sirius who was sitting in his chair with his mouth hung open.

Lily pulled herself off of James and he at once saw that her face was no longer red. She winked at him as she ran back to her original seat beside Katie and Bekka. James sat himself back down on the bench and saw the many older boys in Gryffindor giving him the thumbs up symbol from where they sat farther down the bench. A few Ravenclaws and Huffleupuffs came over to James and shook his hand, congratulating him on finally getting Lily to date him.

"What did you want?" asked James to Sirius. As James filled his empty plate with food. Sirius sat on the bench and twiddled with his thumbs. Sirius plate was still empty so James dished up Sirius' favorite foods onto Sirius' not full plate.

"Do you think it's my fault he gets teased like he does?" asked Sirius.

"Why would it be your fault?" asked James as he bit into a piece of his dinner.

"Because I'm a Gryffindor," replied Sirius. James sat on the bench and gazed up at the sky above him. A bright star seemed to be twinkling at him the same as Dumbledore's eyes did. James hurriedly turned his face to see Dumbledore's only to find Dumbledore deep in conversation with Professor Sprout.

"You can't help being who you are and he can't help being who he is," replied James. Sirius sighed and they finished their dinner with small comments but little talk.

AN: HI Hope u guyz liked that Chapter!! I had a lot of fun writing it.. I know it's pretty short but it's an important Chapter because it talks about Lily and James relationship and how Sirius and his brother do not get along. I'll be out of town for about 5 days while I'm at the cabin so hopefully when I get back Sunday I'll lots of Reviews and you'll get a nice long chapter!! thankx to everyone who has reviewed so far!

x0x0

Kaci