Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 9: The Mirrorgram

"If the boys are all together they are probably talking about some prank they plan on pulling on that Snape dork the first day back," said Alyssa. Bekka, Lily, and Katie laughed.

"I really would think because James is Head Boy that he...." Lily stopped when she heard voices coming from an object on her desk. Katie, Bekka, and Alyssa watched as Lily got up and walked across the room to a red object covered in diamonds that looked like a mirror.

"Yes James," said Lily. Lily's friends ran over to see what she was looking at. The mirror showed James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew standing around James.

James and his friends starred into the mirror as Lily's face popped up onto their screen. Quickly three other girls' faces were shown in the mirror also.

"Lily," said James. His friends began to laugh as Alyssa Anderson's mouth hung open. "My friends here think I am making up the fact we are dating," said James.

Lily laughed as she saw James had a very serious look on his face. Lily couldn't tell where James was because it didn't look like his bedroom.

"Where are you James?" asked Lily. James frowned and then smiled when he saw Sirius' face.

"Mate, she's actually talking to you," said Sirius as he starred open-mouthed at James.

"Course she is," replied James. James looked back into the mirror and replied, "We're at Sirius' new apartment."

"That James parents kindly paid for," said Sirius as he smiled at the mirror.

"Sirius has his own apartment?" said Bekka in awe. "I'm jealous! I wish my parents let me move out!"

"Well, Sirius, that's cool you got your own apartment," said Alyssa as she looked into the mirror.

"Yea," replied Sirius. "But that's not the reason why we are using this magical device also known as the brand new 64,000 Mirrogram to talk to you. What we really want to know is if Lily and James are a couple," replied Sirius. Seven pairs of eyes looked at Lily as she smiled into the mirror and looked at James.

"Yes, we are a couple and we are... very... serious," said Lily. Lily blew a kiss into the mirror and James made a move to catch it but Sirius pretended like he had caught it instead.

"Thank you princess," said Sirius. Lily smiled and turned off the mirror object.

"What was that?" asked Katie quietly as she motioned toward the mirror in Lily's hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't explain. This is called a Mirrorgram, James got it for me so we could talk to each other. They're really rare and just came out," replied Lily.

"Let me see," said the bossy blonde Alyssa as she grabbed it out of Lily's hands. Alyssa studied the object and ran her fingers around the diamonds on the mirror.

"Real diamonds?" asked Bekka. Lily nodded her hand and Bekka mouthed "wow" to herself.

"I don't understand how Potter is so rich," said Alyssa all of a sudden. "I mean Theodore's parents are very rich but he's not rich by himself, I rarely get things of such value from him. And Potter seems to just hand things over like they're nothing!"

"Well, James parents probably give him an allowance of some sort. He also played a season as Chaser for that one Quidditch team. And Him and Sirius had some sort of prank shop they ran. I mean this necklace came from his mom, not him. Well I mean James gave it to me, but it was his mom's, grandma's and mainly every other Potter before me."

"Did you just say every Potter before?" asked Bekka excitedly. "Are you like engaged or something?" The three girls looked at Lily excitedly who blushed and shook her head.

"No...It's just a serious relationship... And if we broke up I'd give it back to him!" said Lily more to herself than her friends. Even though Lily knew there was no one else in the world she would end up marrying because she was now legally bound to James for the rest of her life. There was an uneasy silence in the room as the girls shifted in their seats.

"Lily," said Alyssa slowly. "I'm kind of scared to tell you this... but I honestly don't trust Potter.... I've seen what he's done to girls in our year.... they fawn over him... and then he just leaves them in the dirt after he's through...." At once Bekka and Katie began to nod their heads in agreement with Alyssa.

"It's not like that with us though," insisted Lily as angrily tossed her red hair over her shoulder and played with the necklace on her throat.

"How can it be different?" asked Bekka as her voice began to raise. "We all know that Potter has had a thing for you for a long time, and now that he finally has you... He'll use you and abuse you... Trust me... GET OUT before it's to late... You know Pottter's rep... Him and Sirius keep track of the number of girls they have slept with... How long till your added to that list?"

"You!!..... Don't you understand Bekka, Alyssa, and Katie.... James had changed... did the old James ever date someone for more than a day with out telling Sirius? I don't think so... And it's been weeks and Sirius just found out today like you three.... James and me are different..." said Lily as she finished up her long speech.

The four girls starred at each of until Katie finally broke into a wide grin that filled her face. "You know, Lily Potter sounds very good."

"You DORK!" shouted Lily as she took her pillow and quickly waked Katie hard on the head. Katie laughed and grabbed another of Lily's pillow's and tried to hit Lily, except she missed and the pillow cam slamming down on Alyssa's head. The three girls quickly moved in and on top of Katie until she begged for mercy after being hit repeatedly by pillows from her best friends.

"Ok," said Katie as she finally sat up and Bekka. Lily and Alyssa had sat back down on Lily's bed. "Well I don't know about you girls, but we need to begin planning a major Bachelorette party for Miss Alyssa over here!" And the pounding of pillows on Katie's head... continued....

AN: HIYA!! thankx for all the reviews while I was away... again sorry for the delay of post... but basically after this chapter the chapters are much much longer... This is the last of the short chapters...

Thankx again for those who reviewed!

x0x0

Kaci