Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 25: Don't

AN: Sorry for taking so long to post…I made a little summary of what happened in the chapters before so you don't have to go back and look (you can if you want to)…Longer note on bottom./ AN

Summary: (I did my best to sum it up)

The Gryffindors all began screaming again as the Seeker, Jordan Jankowski went into a quick dive and reached out his hand and grabbed the Snitch that had been floating about twenty feet above the ground.

*-*-*

"Don't you think it's weird that no one at Hogwarts other than the Seventh years seem to be scared of Voldemort?" asked James.

"So what's your point James?"

"That I think Dumbledore is stopping information about Voldemort from coming into Hogwarts."

"So why do you think they don't care about their families?"

"Lily don't you see?" said James as he finally looked up into the mysterious green eyes he loved. "Dumbledore has been using us."

"You are so pathetic Potter!" shouted Lily as tears began to spill out of her eyes and James walked towards the forest.

"I'm not the one who won't admit what's happening to me."

"What!" shouted Lily in rage and tears.

"I haven't been acting Lily…And I know you haven't been either!" retorted James.

"Well, I would rather be that than what you are!"

"And what am I Lily? Stupid, loud, annoying…Mean? And am I mean Lily?"

"No," said Lily. "You are a liar!"

*-*-*

The trouble with love is

It can tear you up inside

Make your heart believe a lie

It's stronger than your pride

The trouble with love is

It doesn't care how fast you fall

And you can't refuse the call

See, you got no say at all

*-*-*

"What's the matter?" asked Lily as the tears stopped flowing from her eyes, when she had realized her friend was crying.

"I can't tell you," said Alyssa.

"You've been crying,"

"I can't really talk about it…But really…Why have you been crying? Trouble in Paradise already?"

"I can't really talk about it," said Lily in reply.

"An ear for an ear," said Alyssa hopefully.

"I told James that I knew about Jordan…"

"I…I…I…I'm pregnant," said Alyssa. "And I'm not sure who the father is."

"You haven't said anything to Theodore or Sirius yet have you?"

*-*

"Remus just admitted to like the whole entire Gryffindor table that he and Katie did IT!" said Bekka as she rushed out the words.

"That's two," said Lily. "Who's the last one?"

"Sirius, but who hasn't done it with him?"

"That's disgusting…" said Alyssa.

"You can't help who you love," said Bekka.

"And that's the trouble with this so called love business…" said Alyssa.

*-*-*

Song Title: Don't

Artist: Shania Twain

Don't fight…don't argue
Give me the chance to say that I'm sorry
Just let me love you
Don't turn me away…don't tell me to go

Don't…don't give up on trust
Don't give up on me…on us
We could just hold on long enough
We can do it…we'll get through it

*-*-*

Lily smiled patently as tears flowed down her friend Alyssa's cheeks.

"I can't tell him Lily!" said Alyssa as tears soaked her tight tank top she had been wearing the night before to bed.

"Then what are you going to do?" asked Lily as she tried to help Alyssa with her problem.

"I don't know," sobbed Alyssa as she crumpled up and laid her head on the pillow on her bed and screamed into it.

"Well what do you want me to do about it?" asked Lily.

"I don't know," cried Alyssa as she turned her head away from the pillow and looked at Lily. Lily glanced down at her watch and cringed at the numbers glaring back at her; 9:37 AM. She was seven minutes late already for meeting James downstairs, that left her only 23 minutes to make it to Hogsmeade.

"Well, I think you should tell Theodore first, before you say anything to Sirius," said Lily as she massaged Alyssa's back kindly.

"What's Theodore going to do? Kill me? I am in so much trouble," bawled Alyssa as a fresh set of tears came down her cheeks.

"Sirius has money, trust me…And he's not going to let anything happen to you if Theodore wants to press charges or something," said Lily.

"I'll tell Theodore today, at lunch…That gives him the rest of the afternoon to write to his parents and my parents…And then tomorrow it'll be in the papers that we broke up…At least Sirius is still from a powerful family…so it's not like I am dirtying up my blood lines so my parents can't be upset," said Alyssa. On a normal day, Lily would have been very upset for Alyssa talking about 'dirtying up' blood lines…Knowing that Alyssa meant someone like her, Lily, who wasn't a pureblood. But today was no normal day.

Everything seemed to be going wrong for Lily. She had woken up an hour late by accident. The shower was cold because the other girls had used all the hot water. She was getting her period, and she had a pimple. Not one of those small white heads, one of those big red ones…But magic had cleared that up in a second…But still she was running late.

She had ran upstairs to check and see if her hair still looked fine before she was going to meet James to go to Hogsmeade, but then Lily found Alyssa. Alyssa had been curled up on her own bed, sobbing. Alyssa had just gotten the pregnancy DNA test back from her Do It Yourself Magic DNA Testing Kit, to find that Sirius Black was indeed the father of her unborn child that no one knew she was caring but her and Lily Evans.

Lily had known when Alyssa got back the results, either way she would be devastated. If it was Theodore, he and his parents would be upset over the fact that she was pregnant. If it was Sirius, it meant she would end up having to break her engagement to Theodore, ending the alliance that had been made between two of the purest Ravenclaw families left in the world.

Lily had hoped and prayed the father would be Theodore, having it be Sirius was bad. Sirius was still a kid himself, how was he suppose to raise a child? And he didn't have a job, his parents had disowned him, but he was still a Black.

"Lily," said Alyssa really quietly. "You're a good friend, thank you for listening to me…Don't tell anyone though…I need to talk to Theodore and Sirius before they hear it from anyone else…"

"OK Alyssa," said Lily just as quietly as she stood up and slipped on her jacket over her outfit she was wearing that day.

"Say hi to Mrs. Potter for me," said Alyssa as Lily slipped out the door.

"I will," said Lily as she said good-bye to her broken up friend. Lily hurried down the stairs and found James and Sirius sitting together over a chess set. James eyes looked up the second Lily had entered the room. He stood up and walked over to her.

"You're late," said James as Lily glanced at her watch and saw it said 9:44 AM.

"I know, Alyssa's sick, sorry," said Lily as she glanced at Sirius who raised an eyebrow and looked towards the dorm room wistfully.

"What's she have?" asked James, as he made polite conversation.

"The flu," said Lily as she continued to watch Sirius' face grow a little pale.

"Well we need to meet my mom in fifteen minutes, coming Padfoot?" asked James.

"Yeah, yeah," said Sirius as he quickly put all his chess pieces together in a little case and stuck it into his pocket.

The three friends walked out of the Common Room and out of Hogwarts quickly towards Hogsmeade. Sirius, Lily and James had little conversation during the ten minute walk. Everyone's mind was some where else. In Lily's case it was back in the bedroom where she had just left her friend. For James it was most likely on the upcoming Quidditch match and no one could ever be sure what Sirius was thinking even though it might have concerned a pretty blonde Gryffindor.

Lily didn't notice that the newly melted snow had left thousands of puddles in the sidewalk and if it hadn't been for James's quick reflexes she would have walked into a few.

James hesitantly pushed open the door to The Three Broomsticks. He quickly spotted his mother and the three walked to her.

"Lily! James! And my-my Sirius!" exclaimed Emily Potter as she hugged all three Gryffindors before the four of them sat down at the table excluded in a corner of the restaurant. Lily knew the seat she was sitting in was something you had to put on reservation for weeks or even months a head of time to get, for normal people. Not for the Potters, Emily merrily had to send one owl requesting the table the night before, or even an hour before, and she would get it.

"So what's new?" asked Emily excitedly, hoping to get some gossip.

"Not much," said Sirius as he took a sip of the Butterbeer that Emily had ordered for the three students.

"A few students got drunk the other day and Lily had to tell them off," added James hoping to please his mother.

"That was us James," said Sirius in a very jokingly manner.

"Oh yeah," said James as he laughed at Sirius's joke. Lily smiled as she saw the surprised look on Emily Potter's face.

"You were drunk!" exclaimed Emily. Lily tried to stifle a giggle by turning it into a cough.

"No mom," said James patently. "I was just joking you know very well I don't get drunk when I drink alcohol." Emily Potter once again had a horrified look on her face as she stared at her pride and joy of heart.

"He's joking Emily," said Sirius as he patted Emily's hand, who smiled beautifully at Sirius.

"That's good, I would hate to have a son I was embarrassed with," said Emily as she pushed a few of her graying hairs out of her face and smiled and sighed at the teenagers in front of her.

"Well, down to business," said Emily. "First off, the charm bracelet, I will now add your charm onto the bracelet." Emily slowly pulled out a very small package. She passed it to Lily who smiled and open it up, she gasped.

Lily had thought she had seen beauty, her friends, flowers, paintings, houses, buildings, sculptures, and others, but she had never seen something this beautiful before.

It was small, yet it looked so big. It was a beautiful silver, and diamonds covered the center of it; words couldn't describe how beautiful it looked.

"Do you like it?" asked Emily as she smiled at Lily.

"I've never seen something so beautiful before in my life," said Lily finally.

"Each charm is suppose to represent the owner of the charm to the best ability it can. Mine of course is the small cat on the bracelet, to represent my Animagus form, and the fact that I should be worshipped," said Emily with a laugh. James blushed a little as Sirius and Lily laughed.

"Now yours is a lily, a silver lily. James picked it out," said Emily. Lily looked over at James to see that his blush had deepened and Lily could tell he hadn't wanted his mother to tell Lily that he had picked out the charm.

"So what powers does my charm have?" asked Lily.

"That," said Emily, "is yet to be figured out."

"What do you mean?" asked Sirius as Lily passed him the charm bracelet and he looked at all the charms on the bracelet.

"I think my charm will be something like the ability to always look good," said Emily as she laughed, even though she was quite serious.

"I still don't get it," said James as he looked at his mom.

"It's so confusing, basically you don't know what your charm will be," said Emily finally.

"I don't understand though," said Sirius as he handed the charm back to Lily. "How does the bracelet work?"

"It's rather interesting," said Emily. "Lily if you could please," said Emily as she stuck out her wrist and had Lily clasp the charm bracelet onto the wrist in front of her. Emily ran her fingers between the charms looking for a certain charm, until she smiled.

"Any female Potter, or Gryffindor descendant, is allowed to use this bracelet. Or I suppose anyone that is loved by a male descendant of the Gryffindor line…Well the most important thing about this bracelet is not to use it too often or too much because then you drain the power of the bracelet. The charm I am holding right now is one of my personal favorites. It is the charm the very first Gryffindor put on it, given to her by her father, Godric Gryffindor." The three students leaned forward and saw a small silver lion sitting in the palm of Emily's hand.

"When you touch this charm with your other hand, see how I am holding it into my vein on my left arm with my right index finger, well you hold it for a few moments," Emily stared at her wrist and then took in a sharp breath of air and purple smoke came out of her mouth as she blew out.

"What just happened?" asked Lily as Emily opened her eyes.

"I just used a charm, I used Guinevere's charm, Godric Gryffindor's daughter, Guinevere Gryffindor. She was the very first Gryffindor descendant, the charm was given to her by her father, and put onto a charm bracelet, the charm I just used, Guinevere's, gives you courage, it makes you brave," said Emily as the three students looked at her surprised.

"So today you'll be brave?" asked James as he began to get interested in the charms.

"Yes, for about six hours, and then the charm wears off and you can not use that charm for a few months. But I would recommend only using the charms when you really need to, or else they won't work as well as they should," said Emily.

"How often did you use the bracelet?" asked Sirius.

"Maybe, once every other month, I tried not to use it more than that. And you never know what some of the charms would do to you, one of the charms made me quiet for a whole entire six hours, I couldn't say a word. Of course that may have saved my life since I was at a stake-out watching for Death Eaters, and I would have screamed when I saw my brother die, but I didn't because I used the charm. So I suppose that is really lucky of me to have used the silencing charm right? But oh, it was dreadful to see my brother Edward die! He was such a good brother too! Never laid a hand on me the whole time I was growing up, never let anyone lay a hand on me. I remember once when that Diggory boy I was dating broke up with me and my brother found me crying in the attic! Boy was he upset, poor Jacob had the most ugly acne for a year after that day, poor boy," said Emily as she rambled on. She unclasped the bracelet and handed it to Lily.

"You dated Amos Diggory's father?" asked Sirius.

"Oh yes, I was quite the lovebird back in the day, I had more boyfriends than my whole year!" bragged Emily.

"And you settled for Dad?" asked James in a concerned voice.

"Well, he was quite good-looking, James. And he was smart and nice, unlike many of the other boys, and he was just the most sensible of the boys to choose from."

"It also made you a Potter," added Sirius.

"It did make me a Potter, and married to an heir of Gryffindor!" said Emily cheerfully.

"So that's all you cared about?" asked Lily in a sarcastic tone of her voice. "Being a Potter?"

"Of course not dear," said Emily horrified. "I probably would have married Albert even if he wasn't a Potter, I've never met such a good kisser in my life!"

"MOM!" said James, now horrified. "What else was there that you wanted to talk to us about?"

"Oh yes," said Emily as she pulled out a few pieces of pictures that showed beds and paint samples. "What do you want for your bedspread?" James and Sirius rolled their eyes as Lily played with the charm bracelet now hanging from her wrist.

"Well, I don't really care," said Lily finally. "Why don't you just pick everything out, I like surprises."

"Me too," agreed James quickly.

"And me too," added Sirius and Lily and James rolled their eyes.

"Then, I'll just pick one out here…ah this one is good…Now where is that new owl of mine…LEAF!" yelled Emily Potter as a snow white owl zoomed into the Three Broomsticks, surprising a load of customers. Emily quickly finished jotting down a few last numbers on a piece of paper and rolled it up and put it on the owl Leaf's outstretched leg.

"Off you go then," said Emily as the owl hooted and flew out the door, once again surprising a load of customers. Most of the students from Hogwarts seemed it be packed into the Three Broomsticks, it was getting rather chilly outside and Lily always felt walking into the Three Broomsticks just made her warm.

"So are you done with the house now Mom?" asked James as he took a large sip from his butterbeer.

"Yes, I am…so I suppose I should be leaving so you three can get on doing what ever it is that you do," said Emily as she stood up.

"Oh, please don't go Mrs. Potter," said Lily as she motioned for Emily to stay seated.

"Well, if I am wanted, of course I will stay!" said Emily happily.

"I need to talk to Lily for a moment though," said James as he stared at Lily. "Please come with me over here for a second Lily," said James as he motioned towards a corner of the room that was unoccupied, and Lily knew James wouldn't have to worry about being over heard.

"Whatever it is you want to say James you can say in front of everyone else here," said Lily coolly, still mad at him from the fight they had had a few weeks before.

"No Lily, it's personal," said James.

"Again James," said Lily as her voice was rising. "What ever it is you have to say, you can say in front of your mom and Sirius."

"No you can't," said Sirius quickly as he caught his friend's eye. "I don't want to hear about what you two are doing or whatever…"

"Fine," snapped Lily as she glanced over and saw that Emily had a disappointed look on her face.

Lily and James quickly made their way over to the corner where James sighed and looked at Lily straight in the eye.

"I'm sorry," said Lily and James together.

"What?" they both said.

"Why are you sorry?" again they said it together.

"What did you do?" said Lily and James together.

"You first," said Lily.

"I don't like Jordan," said James. "I never liked Jordan. My parents never liked Jordan, and it wasn't Jordan I was supposed to marry. It never was; it was a girl from a different school. Her parents were friends with my parents, but then my dad heard that she had a lot of friends that were turning out to be Death Eaters…And my parents didn't like the sound of that…They broke off the engagement…Four weeks later, she was found with the Dark Mark over her house, she and her parents dead. She had failed in her mission to marry me, and then kill me…"

Lily gasped as James continued. "I never liked her in the first place; everything was fake about her from her long blonde hair to her big boobs…Nothing about her was real…. She talked but everything she said was absolutely stupid…I hated her…"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that," said Lily.

"It's OK, I'm over it…that was years ago…But I thought after that my parents were planning on having me pick out my own wife…I thought I was done with arranged marriages…And then I landed in your living room…" said James.

"I see," said Lily. "Well, I'm sorry for not believing you when you warned me about Dumbledore…I know he is an amazing wizard…But sometimes he just, well, forgets that we are only human. He treats us like we are robots…It's just evil…"

"Dumbledore's not evil…Don't say that…Voldemort is evil…And we need to stop Voldemort and not Dumbledore…Dumbledore is just doing what's best for all of us…" said James.

"We're good then?" asked Lily hopefully.

"We're good then," said James. Lily held out her hand and smiled as James took it and they headed back to their table.

"Good," said Emily Potter as she stood up and smiled at her son and his fiancée. "I need to be going and I am glad you two have made up!"

"We weren't fighting!" exclaimed Lily, surprised by how observant Emily had been.

"Don't be silly dear,' said Emily. "Of course you were fighting, not that it matters, everyone can still tell James worships you." Lily and James both began to blush uncontrollably while Sirius snickered in the background.

"That's good that James worships Lily," added Sirius as he smiled at his two friends.

"Yes, well I've always known my son was in love with some girl at school. He always talked about how he didn't want to marry Susie Summers, 'course she turned out to be a Death Eater so it's lucky we didn't have James marry her, but her parents were such nice people. We were good friends with them, of course they never knew Susie was a Death Eater, I assure you on that part. But that was years ago, three I think. Wow that was long ago, and look here, we have Lily instead of Susie and I must say, Lily is so much better."

"Oh Emily," said Lily at the compliment from Emily.

"It's OK dear, everyone loves you. And I know that James does, and now, love is all we have left in this world. Love is powerful Lily, dear, quite powerful. Dumbledore, the dear man, he thinks it is even more powerful than magic sometimes. And he may be true…Later, my dears," said Emily as she swooped down and kissed Sirius, James and Lily each on the cheek.

"Bye Mom," called out James as Emily walked out of the Three Broomsticks.

"Your mom is amazing," said Sirius as he sighed and looked at the ceiling. "I need to find me a girl like her." James laughed as a cold feeling rushed through Lily's body. Alyssa would be telling Theodore soon, that she was pregnant; she would be ruining her life, all for this man, Sirius Black sitting in a chair, without a care in the world.

"What if you've already found her?" asked Lily. "What if you just don't realize it?"

"Lily, my dear, Emily Potter is the most amazing cook in the world, and she only cooks on special occasions because she usually has a house elf cooking for her. I highly doubt any of the girls at Hogwarts can cook that well," said Sirius in a very serious tone.

"You're looking for a good cook?" asked Lily in amazement. "That's all you want in your wife, a good cook?"

"Of course she must be nice and polite, being able to make up for me because I am rather lacking in that department, but a good cook would be a plus," said Sirius and he laughed along with James.

"I'll drink to that dear boy," said James as he took a swig of his Firewhiskey now sitting on his table instead of a Butterbeer.

"James I can't believe you two are drinking at the Three Broomsticks, and your mom just left and there are teachers about!" said Lily.

"I am eighteen Lily, I can do as I please," said James with a smile as he took another swig of his drink.

James and Sirius began to laugh as Lily gathered her things and got ready to go. She had homework still to finish and finals were only a few months away, she needed to be ready.

Lily was about to walk away from the table when there was a commotion at the entrance of the Three Broomsticks.

"Death Eaters," shouted a man as he collapsed on the floor. At once people began to scream at each other, adults were yelling, students were crying, and Lily, James and Sirius, stared at each other.

"The students," said Lily.

"The shops," said Sirius.

"My mom," said James in a whisper.

"Students, we need to get them out of here, then we can fight the Death Eaters," said Lily as she started take control of the situation. Lily heard students screaming and running into the Three Broomsticks. Lily took one look outside the window and saw adult shopkeepers firing curses at the three or four Death Eaters present.

"BOYS!" shouted Lily at her two friends who both snapped their heads away from the window and to her. "We need to get the students out of Hogsmeade, what's the best exit?"

"You mean one of the secret exits that we are not suppose to know about?" asked Sirius mischievously.

"SIRIUS!" yelled James as he jumped out of his seat and glared at his best friend. "This is no time to joke around; people could be dying for all we know. You and Lily get the kids through the exit behind the counter," said James as he pointed at the Three Broomsticks counter where kids were hiding under tables, screaming their mouths out.

"Right!" shouted Sirius as he ran towards the counter at The Three Broomsticks. He pulled his wand out and tapped a painting of a hog taking a sip of some kind of drink. The painting swung forward, revealing an exit.

"This is how we can get back to Hogwarts!" shouted Sirius as kids began running into the tunnel. "I'll get Dumbledore," shouted Sirius over the kids running towards him to James and Lily. Sirius lead the way through the tunnel, as more kids ran into The Three Broomsticks.

"We need to get the rest of the students back to Hogwarts," said Lily as she made her way towards the exit.

"Wait!" shouted James as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

"What?" asked Lily with exasperation in her voice.

"I want you to be careful," said James slowly as he stared into her green eyes.

"Right back at you," said Lily as she pulled away from James with her heart beating wildly and ran towards the entrance.

The road was a mess. It looked as if the four Death Eaters were planning on destroying Hogsmeade. Lily saw one of the Death Eaters was dangling a little girl in the air and she was screaming. A First Year, Lily decided. One of the other Death Eaters was dueling with an old man, who happened to a shopkeeper of one of the near by stores. And finally, the last two Death Eaters were dueling with Emily Potter, and she was winning, until out of no where, the Death Eater who had been hurting the little girl, looked up and stunned Emily Potter.

"The students first," said James quickly as he ran into a store and was followed out by a bunch of students who ran in The Three Broomsticks. Lily ran towards the girl who was being tortured by a Death Eater.

"Stupefy!" shouted Lily as the Death Eater fell over and hit his head against a rock. Lily ran forward and huddled over the little girl. She had been knocked unconscious, but she still had a heartbeat. Lily looked up for James and saw he was being followed out of the last shop in the road by a group of Seventh Years. They came charging at the Death Eaters.

Curses and spells flew towards the Death Eaters. One of them was knocked out. The remaining two, had blocked the curses.

"Stupefy" shouted a student, the spell was blocked by a Death Eater.

"Expelliarmus!" shouted another student, it again was blocked.

"Avada Kedavra!" shouted one of the Death Eaters as she pointed her wand towards the mass of students. No, thought Lily, please let it miss. But the curse didn't miss, it hit a student, a boy, who crumbled to the ground.

"LILY!" shouted James as he pointed towards a Death Eater; the Death Eater was walking towards Lily quickly with his wand pointing at her.

It was time for her to use her non-verbal spells, something she had always struggled with. The Death Eater yelled out a curse, but Lily was quick; Protego! The spell flew back towards the Death Eater who, taken by utter surprise, fell to the ground, stunned. Lily bent down and grabbed the little girl and ran towards the Three Broomsticks.

There was one Death Eater left. Emily Potter, suddenly stood up and stared at the Death Eater.

"Eileen Prince," spat out Emily Potter.

"Emily Potter," said Eileen.

Lily was frozen in her spot, holding the little First Year in her arms. And suddenly James was beside Lily, taking the little girl from her body.

"Move," said James slowly as he didn't take his eyes off his mother, who had her wand pointed directly at the other woman, the Death Eater. But Lily couldn't mover her legs, she knew she needed to see what was about to happen…She could see magic working in Emily…the magic that dangled from Lily's wrist…

The remaining students had ran inside the Three Broomsticks, James, Lily and the little girl, were the only Hogwarts students remaining in Hogsmeade.

"You killed a student," said Emily slowly, as the two woman stared at each other.

"You killed my brother," said Eileen as she stared at Emily.

"He deserved it," spat out Emily as she raised her wand, half an inch.

"And so did that student, did you see who I got? I saw, and how lucky I was, Dumbledore won't be very happy with you, will he Emily? You let one of his students get murdered by a Death Eater," said Eileen as she let out a loud, high pitched laugh.

"He will be very happy though when I deliver your dead body to his door," replied Emily smoothly.

"How brave of you Emily," said Eileen. "All through school I always thought you were rather a wimp, a snot more than anything. Just another little rich girl who had her mom's good looks and her dad's wallet. No brains, just beauty. And look where it got you, a husband, who was just the same as you. No brains, just beauty, and a Potter, of all things. A Gryffindor…the purest of them all!"

"And what did you get Eileen?" cried out Emily as her wand wavered. "A muggle husband, who left you when he found out you were a witch? You were such a good witch, even though you came from a rather darker family. We saw hope in you, me and Albert. You were a Gryffindor for Heaven's sake…But you had to follow you family ways…"

"And you had to follow yours…Marrying a rich wizard, having a kid…Letting the line continue…"

"Family's the most important thing you have in this world," said Emily as she lifted her wand a little higher.

"And I have none left, just a son. A son who hates me because I married a muggle. And you, you have a son who adores you. He worships the ground you walk on…" said Eileen.

"That's the way life should be, with a family that loves you," said Emily in reply.

"And how much you always rubbed that into my face, you had your parents, and mine? Mine had died, and you knew it…and you rubbed it into my face everyday and every time you could!" shouted Eileen.

"I DID NOT!" replied Emily. "I liked you…we were friends…"

"Well not any more," said Eileen. "Not since the day you murdered my brother, and the day I murdered yours…"

Lily saw Emily's face turn white, Emily had never known who had killed her brother.

"You killed Edward," said Emily as her face became a flushed red color. "You killed him?"

"Yes, I killed him, my first. Just like my brother Andrew was your first, funny…we have so much in common Emily. You and me? So much…." said Eileen.

"We have nothing in common," replied Emily fiercely.

"Oh, yes…we do…Both of our brothers, killed by our old best friend…Both of us not knowing it was her until years later. Both of us being shoved into a marriage by our parents…Both of us have a son…same age…Funny isn't it? We even have the same initials…EP? We are very much a like," said Eileen in a sly snake-like voice.

"We are nothing alike…" said Emily. "I might have killed…But I never forget it…Everyday…When I can't sleep…When I'm sick…All the time…I remember seeing his body fall and hit the ground…I'll never forget," replied Emily as she began to grow paler, more tired, she had already been knocked unconscious once this battle, she could only hold out so much longer…

"But I do…And I have…And I won't forget you," said Eileen.

"You won't forget me Eileen…It'll be on your hands forever…Killing the one person who finally gave you a chance," said Emily.

"The Dark Lord gave me a chance," defended Eileen.

"Not as good as min-"

"Avada Kedavra!" shouted Eileen.

Lily saw it in slow motion, Emily had just finished saying her last word, mine, when Eileen had let out the curse. And Emily was falling…she was falling to the ground. James was screaming as Eileen began laughing and turned away from the body of the woman she had just killed.

Her mask had fallen off…somehow and Lily had missed it…But now Lily say Eileen's face…and it was like looking at a female version of S-

"Avada Kedavra!" shouted a male voice from beside Lily. No thought Lily…Not James… But it wasn't James, it was Alastor Moody, and behind him was The Order.

The next twenty minutes were a blur for Lily…She remembered grabbing James as he started to shout and scream. She remembered Moody grabbing James from her grip and hugging him, letting James bury his face into Moody's shoulder. She remembered Dumbledore revive the little girl, who looked to Lily and whispered, "You saved me," before passing out once more.

She remembered walking with James back to the castle, and then a member of The Order walked them back to the Common Room.

And then Lily remembered what happened when she entered the Common Room.

It grew dead silent as all the students stared at their two Heads standing in front of them.

"Did anyone die? " asked Lily's friend Alyssa in a whisper as she looked wide-eyed at the two in front of her.

"I-I…" Lily turned and looked at James to see what he would say. Did he knew which student had died? Had he seen it like her…he had been closer…

"Three people," said James finally.

"Who?" asked Bekka this time.

"A Death Eater, a Ministry member, and a student," replied Lily, for James sake as she didn't say his mom's name out loud. But a sharp intake of breathe had been heard from the students around her as she had said a student had died.

"Who?" asked Katie, as if wanting, and not wanting to hear at the same time.

James looked at Lily, straight in the eye…And then at Alyssa…whose face crumpled white.

"Theodore Whaling was killed by a Death Eater this morning." And Lily looked at Alyssa, who was beginning to cry hysterically…And then Lily fainted.

AN:

Soo0o0o.. Just to tell you, Lily is fine.. Since i know you were ALLL worried that she might die... she was just shocked and that's why she fainted... The next chapter is rather kewl... I think people will find it rather deep in the beginning... but it's light hearted at the end... And rather happy... Expect that chapter up in 2-3 weeks or 4 weeks depending how long it turns out to be .. i think only like 5-10 pgs this time.. instead of 17 like this chapter.. he he

So sorry about taking FOREVER to update... but i have been bizzy.. i kno thats not a good excuse so i shall try and post MORE SoONer rather than LATER..

thankx for everyone that reviewed... it means a lot to me..

x0x0

Kaci