Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 19: A Plethora of Changes

September quickly changed into October and October was almost over when something made James realize Lily was acting much different.

James had been so busy with all of his classes, Quidditch practice three times a week, at least, Auror Meetings, Order Meetings, and meetings he had to conduct with the Prefects once every few weeks. Not to mention the amount of homework they were getting, wow. Plus every night he had rounds and Lily and him had finally decided to split up so they could finish quicker, and this way, Sirius, Remus, and Peter could explore the Castle looking for all the hidden passages they had found over the years.

The Marauder Map was going well after Silva had helped them find the charms that they needed. All that was left was putting all the passages they had onto the map. That was the hard part. The boys had the passages that they knew, and the ones that Filch knew so they never used. And there were a few rooms and passages that the boys had found throughout their years but had never used.

Lily seemed to want to know what Sirius, Remus, and Peter were doing in the Common Room every night she came back after her rounds. James had just told her that the three boys were taking their Seventh year a lot more seriously and working on their homework.

Lily then began to act different. She seemed to flirt with James... a lot. When she saw him in class she would giggle and give him lots of kisses on his cheeks. Walking down the hallway had almost become annoying to James because Lily wanted to hold his hand.

James tried to tell Sirius that Lily was acting different. But Sirius laughed and told James that that was what girlfriends did with their boyfriends. When James said Jordan had never acted like that last year when they were dating, Sirius replied that just because your sleeping with a girl every night doesn't count as dating.

So James, ashamed of what Sirius knew about him, decided to talk to Remus about his Lily problem. Remus replied pretty much the same way that Sirius had, telling James that him and Lily were dating now and that Lily had to still prove to everyone that she liked James. Remus went on to say that lots about how people still doubted that James and Lily were dating, and Lily had probably heard the rumors and wanted to show it wasn't true.

James loved the attention from Lily but he still really wanted to know what was Lily's change of heart form such hatred to lovey-dovey all of a sudden. Sirius seemed to be getting a kick out of the whole relationship and liked walking in front of the two love birds and making everyone in the hallway back away against the walls and bow down to Lily and James.

After some very stern and angry arguments between Sirius and James, Sirius had stopped making everyone in the halls bow to James and Lily as they walked by. Remus seemed to not mind Lily and James being together because it meant to him that he could study with Lily easier without rude comments being sent at him from James and Sirius.

Peter seemed to be dropping out of the Marauders more and more as everyday progressed. He had quite a few friends now that were Hufflepuffs and Peter liked to study with them. He simply told his three friends that he needed to study with kids that took the same classes as him and James, Sirius and Remus understood.

On the night before Halloween James and Lily decided to do rounds together and they were having a really good discussion on the proper procedures needing to be used when dealing with uncontrollable Giants when James noticed Lily was being a lot quieter than normal.

"Is something bothering you Lily?" asked James.

"No," replied Lily as she pushed her long hair out of her face and walked a little quicker down the hall. James sighed and finished checking the castle with Lily before heading back to the Common Room. James said the password (Jumpy Jellybeans) and held the fat lady open for Lily to crawl in.

"Well, bye James," said Lily as she started to walk towards the girls' staircase, when James suddenly remembered what he had in his pocket.

"I have something for you Lily," said James. Lily turned around and gave James a questioningly look before walk back to him. He quickly dug his left hand into his pocket and pulled out the gold heart shaped necklace that Lily had thrown at him on the Hogwarts Express.

"I want you to have this back," said James. "So I know you are always caring apart of my heart around wherever you go." Lily giggled and slipped the necklace on over her head and smiled at James.

"Well, I have something for you too!" said Lily. James was just about to ask what when Lily suddenly leaned forward and kissed James very quickly on his mouth. James pulled back in surprise to see a smiling green-eyed girl turn around and head up to her dormitory.

James crawled up to his room and fell asleep quickly not noticing that all of his friends were missing or the Full Moon shinning into the bedroom through the window next to his bed.

*-*-*-*-*-*

"So you don't know why the Marauders are not talking to James?" asked Bekka as she looked at Lily who was pushing around the porridge sitting in front of her.

"No," replied Lily. "I already told like everyone that!" Bekka sighed and Katie had a worried look across her face.

"Maybe Alyssa will find out for us," said Katie hopefully as she to, started pushing her porridge around her bowl.

"It's just so weird!" said Bekka. "I mean it's Halloween and you would suspect them to be doing something very bad for Halloween or something... But no, this morning that was just crazy... Lily! Are you even listening to me?" asked Bekka as she starred at Lily who was sitting across the Gryffindor Table in the Great Hall from her.

"Yes, I'm listening," replied Lily. But the truth was, she hadn't been listening. Her mind kept flashing back to the scene in the Common Room minutes before.

"Hi Lily," said James as he swept down the boys staircase at the same time Lily had walked down with Katie from the girl's staircase. James walked straight up to Lily and kissed her squarely on the forehead. Lily giggled while Katie rolled her eyes as she grabbed Lily's hand and they walked into the Common Room and were barely missed being hit with a flying book from where Remus, Peter, and Sirius were sitting by a table.

"Hi guys," said James as he picked up the book that had been aimed at him and started walking toward his three best friends.

"Hi Traitor," said Sirius as he picked up another book and threw it as hard as he could at James, who luckily ducked, but barely having to because the throw was so far away from hitting James..

"That throw sucked Sirius," said James. "I'm seriously considering removing you from the Team if you throw like that. Even Katie couldn't have caught that and you know she's our best Chaser on the team," said James as he referred to Katie who was standing blushing next to Lily.

"How could you James!" said Peter as he looked closed to tears and glared at James.

"How could I have not caught that, well it was really high and to the left and like I said I doubt if even Katie could have caught it!" said James.

"How could you forget, James?" asked Sirius as he removed his glare from James to a sad look to Remus.

"How could I forget wh-..." said James as his voice died and he stared at Remus and a look of horror crossed James face making it grow paler by the second. Lily and Katie exchanged questioning looks. Sirius and Peter continued to glare at James as Remus looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry," said James as he looked at Remus with a scared and sad look. "I don't know how I could forget, I mean I've never forgotten before and I meant to go, I was just so bus-"

"SHUT UP!" said Sirius as he glared at James and stood up and pulled out his wand and glared at James. " I don't know what's gotten into you this past month. You've been so busy with your stupid HEAD BOY duties, that you're forgetting your duties as a Marauder. You've only had one DETENTION in the last month. You used to be barely go one DAY with out getting detention! I have seen you only fight Snape ONCE! In the last MONTH! I've been trying to cover for you with the Slytherins and have been fighting with them even more... But they've noticed James! Bella was just asking me the other day after I tried cursing her why didn't my little Jamesy boyfriend come anymore...You know whose fault this is! HERS!" said Sirius as he pointed at Lily who had been innocently watching the scene in front of her with Katie. Everyone else in the Common Room including Alyssa and Bekka, who had one foot outside of the Common as she had been about to leave when Sirius and James began to argue.

"SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" screamed James as he pulled out his wand.

"SHE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS! THIS IS HER FAULT! YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE CHANGED BECAUSE OF HER! YOU ARE HER NOW! ALL I HEAR IS LILY AND JAMES THIS LILY AND JAMES THAT! IT USED TO BE JAMES AND SIRIUS OR SIRIUS AND JAMES! BUT NOOOO! NOT ANYMORE! I CAN TELL WHEN I'VE BEEN REPLACED!" shouted Sirius in anger as red sparks began to shoot out of his wand.

"ARE YOU JEALOUS OF LILY!" yelled James in reply. "WELL I DON'T CARE AND YOU BETTER GET USED TO ME SPENDING MORE TIME WITH LILY BECAUSE SHE IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND SHE DOESN'T YELL AT ME WHEN I FORGET SOMETHING!"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE PRONGS AND YOU KNOW IT! SHE YELLS AT YOU AND CONTROLS YOU! SHE IS A CONTROLLING PERSON! WE CAN'T EVEN WALK DOWN THE HALL WITH OUT HAVING TO HAVE HER WITH US!"

"THIS IS NOT LILY'S FAULT!" screamed James.

"IT'S YOUR OWN BLOODY FAULT!" shouted Sirius in reply as he walked towards the fat lady and was followed by Remus and Peter. "AS MY MUM WOULD SAY, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU START TO DATE A MUDBLOOD!" Sirius had just stepped out of the fat lady after almost running over Alyssa and Katie who had been standing there, when James flung a curse in Sirius' direction.

"Furnunculus" shouted James. The curse hit Sirius squarely in the back and at once large red boils began to cover his perfect skin.

Sirius turned around, obviously not being badly injured by the curse James had thrown at him. The Common Room was still with fright and everyone was looking at either James or Sirius.

"You did not just do that," said Sirius as the boil began to get bigger and one looked close to exploding. Sirius and James were starring at each other with such loathing; no one seemed to know what to do.

Lily sighed and pulled out her wand and pointed it at Sirius and said the counter-curse to the curse James had thrown at Sirius. The boils at once disappeared from Sirius skin. Sirius pulled his eyes off of James and glared at Lily.

"I didn't need help from your bloody girlfriend," said Sirius as he looked back at James from Lily.

James pointed his wand at Sirius at the same time Sirius pointed his long black wand at James.

"Conjunctivitis," shouted James as a bright yellow light flew out of James wand. This time Sirius was ready and threw a curse right back at James.

"Incendio," shouted Sirius. A dark red light soared out of Sirius' wand as the curse collided with the bright yellow curse exiting from James wand. The two curse collided and Sirius' hit Alyssa square in the chest causing her robe and shirt to start on fire while James curse hit Peter square in the face were hit eyes at once began to crust over and he howled with pain.

Sirius turned to Alyssa with a look of horror that was close to the replica on James face as he starred at Peter.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" yelled Professor McGonagall as she stepped into the Common Room and looked from Sirius to James, who each had their wands still out, and then onto Alyssa, who had finally extinguished the flames on her robes and onto Peter who was still crying out in pain over his eyes that had crusted together. "YOU TWO have been dueling!?" asked a shocked and angry Professor McGonagall as she looked from James and Sirius in disbelief.

"Fifty points from Gryffindor for each of you and both of you will be serving Detentions for all of next week. James help Peter up to the Hospital Wing, Alyssa you better head up there also to make sure nothing is to badly burnt." James reached out and helped lift Peter up as Sirius and Remus glared at James with loads of hatred. James and Peter exited the Common Room and Alyssa followed hesitatingly after shooting Lily and Sirius both mysterious looks. Professor McGonagall stared at the closed fat lady and shook her head in disbelief.

"I never thought I would see Potter and Black dueling in my life," said McGonagall with a loud sigh, the Professor left the common room with a loud bang.

"Lily," said Katie as she clapped her hands in front of Lily's face. Lily glanced up as her mind came out of her flash back and she stared at Katie beside her.

"As I was saying," said Bekka. "I never would have expected that from Black and Potter."

"I know, I wonder what was wrong with the two, Seriously!" replied Katie.

"I've never seen Sirius act so serious either when he was talking to James," added Lily as she pushed the cold porridge away from her.

"What do you mean?" asked Bekka as she starred at Lily. "Sirius always acts like Sirius!"

"I know," said Katie. "That's not what Lily meant though. She means Sirius was acting serious and he normally never does."

"I seriously have NO CLUE what you are talking about," said Bekka. "How can Sirius not act like Sirius? I mean he is Sirius."

"She seriously has no clue what we are talking about," said Katie as she grabbed Lily's hand and left the Great Hall and headed to her class.

AN: Ok So Yes, I know I haven't posted for a very long time... I'm very sorry.!! I've kind have been waiting for my beta to get back to me.. I emailed her the last five chapters about the Fourth of July... and I thought she would have had it back to me by now.. but she hasn't... So u can see why i am so upset.. well maybe she's been busy.. In the mean time i have been doing my best to edit my story.. Problem is that I can't be critical against my own story. i mean i cant sit at my computer like I do with other people's stories and be like that sucks.. or w/e.. . I can find spelling errors or grammar mistakes but when i do my own story i can't!! So the summary of this paragraph is if any of my readers are interested in editing the rest of my story email me lilyfan16@mugglenet.com

So because i have to do the editing of my story.. I think i'll be able to post Sunday or MOnday... Sorry for the delay but i dont want my story to be a stinker!!!

If anyone is interesting and reading some good stories I have my two favorite stories at the moment:

1) http://fanfiction.portkey.org/story/4706

~A Lily and James fanfiction called Rendezvous by the Lake...

Summary: Sitting in front of the Hogwarts lake was an eleven-year-old redhead. James was immediately intrigued by her. Six years later, he was just as intrigued, if not more. The two of them spent quite some time by that lake. They fought, they laughed, they fell in love. This story takes you through their seven years of rendezvous by the lake.

I think it's very very good and would recommend it to all my readers!!

2) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2267832/1/

~This story is posted at fanfiction.net... It was rejected at Portkey. I don't understand why because I think this is a excellent story.. It's AU.. AND i think it's just wonderful!!!! probably one of the most interesting and thought out stories i have ever read..

Here's kind of the summary... except it's like an excerpt.. so not a summary..

"You have run from me, you have hid from me, now…you will DIE by my hand! After all the years…all the attacks and deaths, you knew it would come down to this. You knew I would be the end of you. After all, you are a Seer, are you not? Did you foresee your death? Do you know exactly how I plan to go about killing you? Will I make it quick and easy? Slow and fill you with such pain even the Gods would be frightened of me? Tell me, Jonas Potter, will you beg for mercy…?"

"…Two rivalries will face each other…for centuries and centuries to come…"

"…I ask you, Oh-Great-And-Powerful-Jonas, Did you foresee this coming? If you did, why didn't you try to avoid this? Did you know you couldn't defeat me? Did you just want to end it all? If that's what you want, it's not happening. You will be tortured for days, as if you were in a washing machine from Hell in my torturing chambers, and then hung out to dry, flesh hanging off your body, on a jagged rock that pierces through your skin…"

"…Their hate for each other mounting to an unmistakable high, surcease of all limits and no boundaries…

"…You will be mingled and no one will be able to tell where you end or begin. You will be unrecognizable and a mutated form of all that you are…Potter scum! All of your, and my own, decedents will know how weak you and your line of blood really are…"

"…But hope will rely on the alliance between the two of them when they reach an understanding despite all the opposition they will face from each other and others…"

"…And think, what will everyone think, a Potter defeated by me, your name will be tarnished and none of your blood line will be able to face society again with a respectable face. All the honor your family demands and receives will be flushed down the toilet…"

"…Their love and bond must withstand all discrimination and be doubtless in the certainty of forever being joined together…"

"…What am I going to do next, Jonas? Are you ready for this to end? Are you ready to start your torture? I must say, I've never been one with words, I'm much better in action…"

"…And only then will the rivalry between the two families with such bad blood between them be demolished and a new beginning, based on their giving each other everlasting devotion, shall be recognized and in effect until their love wilts, which would only have bought years of peace between us, but still ending in failure…"

"…Are you ready to die, Jonas…"

"…Two rivalries will face each other…for centuries and centuries to come…"

"…Think, Jonas, a Potter defeated by me, a Granger…Now say good-bye, Jonas…Bow to death, Potter…Bow to your defeater and your rival…the Potter Family Bloodline rival…a Granger…"

Dark brown eyes stared into the broken-down green pools of Jonas, relentless and evil, as somewhat of a generous smile crossed Jonas's face, he had made the prophecy, maybe, just maybe, all wasn't lost…

So I hope everyone enjoys the two fanfictions i recommened... If i read other good ones i might mention them here!! Thankx for allt he reviews

x0x0

Kaci