Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 8: James Friends

"You really are dating Lily," said Sirius as he paced in his bedroom.

"Yep," said James as he smiled and bounced down onto Sirius' bed.

"Way to go mate," said Peter.

"I just don't believe it," said Remus. "Why didn't Lily tell me when I saw her last week?" asked Remus.

"Well, I told her I would tell you guys, so I guess she just assumed I hadn't told you yet," said James.

"Ok," said Sirius. "Who thinks Lily and James getting together is weird? Raise your hand." Sirius hand was in the air waving when Peter thrust his up and Remus slowly, yet steadily, raised his hand too.

"Did you like bewitch her or something?" asked Peter.

"Bew-... NO!" said James. James through a pillow from Sirius bed at Peter's face. The short fat boy toppled off the chair he was sitting in.

"Maybe Lily just likes me," said James hopefully. Sirius glanced at Remus and then looked at Peter on the floor.

"James has never been that funny before. Normally it's me that's funny, really James, why haven't you told us before you can make such funny jokes?" asked Sirius.

"Mate," said James standing up from Sirius' bed. "Listen to me carefully," said James slowly. "Lily-likes-me."

Sirius laughed and Peter joined him. "Re-really, Mate," said Sirius. "She can't like you."

"James, Lily has never shown any romantic interest in you before so why would she now, just out of the sudden?" asked Remus.

"She's never shown any interest in him period," added Peter which made Remus and Sirius laugh.

"Well, we have been working together on something," replied James.

"What?" asked Sirius sarcastically. "Miss Lily Princess doesn't spend time with "bad boys" like us."

"I'm Head Boy," said James. Sirius and Peter both starred at Remus whose mouth hung open in surprise.

"Your Head Boy," said Remus. Remus sat up from the chair he was sitting on and walked over to James and looked him in the face. "Your Head Boy?"

"Yes, I know, surprise isn't it?" replied James.

"I thought that Theodore bloke was for sure when I didn't get it," said Remus quietly.

"Well, I guess Dumbledore thought I was up to the job," replied James.

"But you were never Prefect," said Remus as he was still confused.

"I know," said James. "Dumbledore came to my house and told me a few weeks ago. And Lily's Head Girl."

"Wow," said Peter.

"No surprise there," said Sirius.

"Mate, you didn't tell Dumbledore about," said Remus uncomfortably. "About you guys did you?"

"NO!" replied James. "Of course not!"

"So, Mr. Head Boy," said Sirius. "I suppose I'll have to stop screwing off now that your on my case."

"Sirius," mooned James. "Nothing is going to change."

"Well," said Sirius not totally convinced. "If you and Lily are a.. thingy.. then I suppose her friends will talk to us now?"

"Well, I would hope so," replied James. "It would be rather uncomfortable if her friends still ignored us."

"Good, because I have my eye on that skinny girl Alyssa," said Sirius. "What fine legs does she have!"

"She's taken," said James.

"What?" exclaimed Sirius and Peter.

"By who?" asked Remus.

"I heard my parents talking about it, she's having an arranged marriage with Theodore Whaling," replied James.

"An arranged marriage," said Remus. Remus and Peter laughed as Sirius looked sideways at James.

"No wonder why Theodore has never dated anyone. He just sleeps with them...Still an arranged marriage," said Peter as the last bit just trailed away.

"Theodore Whaling is the heir of Ravenclaw," said James.

"Oh," said Peter and Remus together.

"Most heirs have arranged marriages," said Sirius. "They need to keep the blood lines as pure as possible."

"Oh, well then you and Lily aren't having an arranged marriage," said Peter. "Because she sure isn't pure-blooded."

"What's that suppose to mean?" snapped James. "My parents think I'm only good enough for a pure-blood? You know very well that my parents don't believe in that crap!"

"I'm sorry mate," mumbled Peter. James looked up from Peter and saw Remus and Sirius exchange a knowing look.

"James, I want proof that you and Lily are a couple," said Remus. "You know I don't like her in that way, it's just that us two have been friends for a while and you are really not her type."

"Fine," said James as he pulled a metal blue object out of his pocket. The outside was covered with diamonds and there was a screen that reflected James face, similar to a mirror. "Lily Evans..."

AN: HI, so yes I'll be out of town for close to 9 days.. I'll do my best to post sometime during the week if I can find a computer...!!

x0x0

Kaci