Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter 27: If I Ain't Got You

Title:"If I Ain't Got You"

Artist: ALICIA KEYS

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, Yeah

*-*-*

"James get down here now!" screeched Lily as she stood in the Common Room with all her friends.

"Lily it's eleven at night, people might be sleeping," said Katie as she blushed and looked at the other students in the Common Room.

"Who cares," said Lily as she laughed. Katie and Alyssa turned to each other and raised their eyebrows in a very questioning look.

"Lily darling," said James as he ran down the steps and was followed by Remus and Sirius, "I know you love me but you do not need to wake up the whole dorm when you need me."

"I know," said Lily as she smiled at James. James leaned in to Lily and kissed her lightly on the lips as she giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Children," said Sirius in a very stern voice as Remus coughed, embarrassed.

"Yes?" said Lily as she turned her head away from James, who was beginning to kiss her neck.

"You needed us?" asked Remus hopefully.

"Yes," added Katie, "you said it was really important."

"Oh yes," said Lily as she pushed James away and a sly grin came over her face. "I believe the boys owe us girls a bet."

"But that was like in December," said an exasperated James.

"Yes and it's May and you still haven't fulfilled the bet," said Alyssa as she teasingly looked at Sirius.

"Alyssa, darling, I love you but I really do not want to skinny dip with the Giant Squid," replied Sirius.

"Plus," said Remus. "Peter and Bekka aren't here."

"Well," said Lily. "Bekka hasn't been in our dorm since April, she's been bunking with a bunch of Ravenclaws, and who honestly wants to see Peter skinny dipping?"

Everyone laughed and then looked out the window at the half moon shining down on the clear quiet lake.

"It looks so innocent," said Katie in an almost whisper.

"Innocence cheats you," said Sirius.

"More like tricks you," said Remus.

"Well I think it's time the boys became a little less innocent," said Lily with a laugh as she grabbed Katie and Alyssa's hands and pulled them towards the door.

"Come on boys," said (pregnant) Alyssa as she let go of Lily's hand to slide through the door. The boys quickly followed Alyssa and the six students ran outside and stood under their favorite tree by the lake.

It was a warm early-May night and Lily couldn't help but smile as the group huddled together.

"Ready?" asked Lily as she smiled at James.

"Yep!" said James excitedly.

"Wait," said Katie as she began to blush. "You guys were suppose to leave your clothes up in the dormitory."

"What?" exclaimed Sirius.

"Yes," said Alyssa, "I remember."

"Me too," said James grumpily. "But I really would not like to run all the way up to the dormitory just so I can take my clothes off."

"That's fine," said Sirius. "We can just take our clothes off here and hand them to our significant other."

"Ha," said Alyssa as she whacked Sirius on the butt with her hand.

"I'm not looking," said Lily as she covered her eyes with her hands.

"Neither am I," exclaimed Katie as she put her hands over her eyes too.

"Well I am," said Alyssa as she laughed and smiled at the boys.

"Ready?" asked James as he looked at his two best friends.

"Yep," said Remus. Remus slowly pulled off his shirt and his two friends quickly followed as Alyssa let out a whoop of appreciation.

James sighed slowly before winking at Sirius and turning away from the girls. Sirius and Remus followed suit and now were facing away from the girls.

"Now," said James as he pulled off his pants and undies and ran towards the lake. Sirius and Remus laughed as they both pulled off their pants and undies and quickly followed James towards the lake.

Lily couldn't help it, but she peeked. She let out a booming laugh as she saw three white butts jump into the lake.

"It's OK to look," said Alyssa as she turned back to her friends.

Katie, once again began to blush as she picked up Remus's shirt and brought it to her face and smelled it.

"Do you still like him?" asked Lily as the boys began splashing each other and laughing.

"Of course," said Katie. "He's one of my best friends."

"That's not what I meant," replied Lily. Katie gazed out towards the boys who were now doing flips in the water as they shouted and laughed with each other. Katie took a long breath before answering.

"I know what you meant," said Katie. "But we broke up, and it was the right thing to do. I think a part of me will always love him; he was the first boy I ever really fell for. But it's over... We can't go back to what we used to have."

"Love sucks," said Alyssa as she gazed at the boys, her eyes following Sirius.

"No it doesn't," defended Lily. "It's the most precious thing in the world."

"Not everyone will get a happily ever after ending," said Katie.

"Tell me about it," said Alyssa as she ran her hand over her stomach.

"But I thought things were working out with you and Sirius?" asked Lily.

"Yes, things are working out fine. My family hates me, the Whalings hate me, the whole school thinks I'm a whore, and oh yes, my 'boyfriend' still hasn't asked me to marry him, or date him for that matter," replied Alyssa sarcastically.

"So you and Sirius aren't a couple," said Katie.

"Nope, unless of course he never told me," said Alyssa with a little grin and laugh.

"Well that's just not fair. Your family needs to get over the fact that arranged marriages are overrated and no one has them anymore. The Whalings got a bloody heir so they have nothing to complain about. Theodore's sister is very pregnant if you ask me, she's ready to burst any day. And who cares what the school thinks, Alyssa," said Lily as she started to gain momentum. "Let them think what they want. And as for Sirius. Well he is just a little prick and hasn't grown up yet."

"Thank you, Lily," said Alyssa.

"No problem," said Katie as she giggled and looked down at the shirts in her hands. Lily and Alyssa rolled their eyes.

"I just thought of something," said Katie.

"That's a first," said Alyssa as she grinned at Lily.

"Let's steal their clothes," said Katie as she ignored Alyssa's past comment.

"Let's!" said Lily, excited, as she grabbed James shirt and pants.

"Run!" said Alyssa and she grabbed Sirius's belongings and ran towards the front door. Lily and Katie followed her, laughing.

"Where are you going?" shouted Sirius as he watched the girls run away.

"Why, they have our clothes," said Remus.

"Bloody hell," said James as he ran out the water, naked, and followed his girlfriend and her friends.

Boys are much faster runners than girls. Especially when one of the girls is five months pregnant and her friends do not want to run to fast without her.

"Hello Professor Dumbledore," said Lily as she whipped by him in the staircase on her way up the stairs to the Common Room.

"Good evening, Sir," said Katie as she laughed and followed Lily upstairs.

"Have a nice night," said Alyssa as she followed her to friends quickly up the stairs.

"You too ladies," said Professor Dumbledore as his eyes twinkled and saw the girls running hard towards the Common Room.

"Hello Professor," said James as he slowed to a walk to go by Professor Dumbledore.

"Good evening Mr. Potter, Mr. Black, and Mr. Lupin. I would advise hurrying, those girls have a good lead on you," replied Dumbledore as the naked boys, not the least bit embarrassed, began running towards the girls.

"Good night," shouted Sirius as he whipped around the corner following his two friends.

"Good night gentleman," said Professor Dumbledore with a broad smile yet in a near whisper as the boys disappeared into a different hallway leaving Dumbledore alone and quiet in the hallway.

"Lily!" screamed James as Alyssa slammed the Fat Lady shut.

"Woodstock!" shouted James as he waited for the Fat Lady to open.

"I've changed the password boys," said the Fat Lady with a slight grin.

"WHAT!" exclaimed Remus as he ran up the Fat Lady and looked at her in dismay.

"Only kidding, dears," said the Fat Lady as she swung open. "It's not everyday I get to see good looking boys naked." The boys quickly looked down at themselves and seemed to realize for once they really were naked, and in the light torches in the hallways, you could easily see the boys.

"Oh well," said James as he stepped in to the Common Room. A little first year girl shrieked and dropped her goblet on the floor. A group of fifth year girls began to laugh with excitement as they stared at the three Seventh Year Gryffindor boys run up the girls' stairway.

They were a few steps up, when the steps quickly turned into a slide and sirens went off the Common Room. A bunch of girls stuck their heads out of the doors to see who had tried to get up the stairs. When they saw who it was tangled up in a heap at the bottom of the stairs, naked, they laughed.

"You forgot the bloody password," said Sirius.

"Sorry," mumbled James as he stood up painfully and ran up the stairs to his dormitory. He was quickly followed by his friends and all three of them changed into their PJ's.

"They got us," said Remus finally breaking the uneasy silence.

"They did," replied Sirius.

"They got the Marauders," said James as he laid down on his bed.

"I have an idea," said Remus as he began to pace the room. "Let's just pretend it didn't happen. There's less than a month left of school. The last Quidditch match is next weekend and finals are the week after that. We can take our N.E.W.T.'s and we'll be out of here."

"Good point," said Sirius.

"And after our Finals, our real Final," said James with a grin.

"I can hardly wait," said Sirius.

"I can... I have a feeling we will be expelled," said Remus as he tried not to grin at his friends.

"Which is why we do it after Finals, Remmy," said Sirius as he patted his friend on the back.

"Let's just go to bed and act as if nothing happened tonight," said James.

"Night," said Remus and Sirius as they both bounced into their beds and all three, quickly fell asleep.

*-*-*

The following weekend was the last Quidditch match of the season. If the Gryffindors could win, they would win the Quidditch cup. The team was pumped and ready to defeat Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw though, was having many problems. Their best player had been Theodore Whaling, who had been killed a few months ago. Sadly they had been unable to find a replacement Chaser and they couldn't decide on a new captain.

James had done his best to prepare his team for the big match. He knew they would easily win.

"This is our last chance," said James as he smiled at his hand-picked team sitting in front of him.

"We can do it!" said Sirius excitedly as he clapped his hands.

"Yes!" said Katie as she smiled brightly for the first time in weeks.

"JAMES!" shouted Lily from outside the tent all of a sudden. James blushed and stood up and opened the tent flap and Lily stepped in.

"What?" asked James very worried as he scrunched up his face trying to remember if he had forgotten to do something that morning.

"Ravenclaw has forfeited," said Lily.

"What?" exclaimed James as all different emotions ran through his mind.

"They couldn't find a new Chaser and they knew without Theodore they would lose," replied Lily.

"Students," said Professor McGonagall as she pushed open the tent flap. "Well, I can see Ms. Evans has already told you the news. Congratulations, Quidditch Champions!" The players yelled and started hugging each other.

"Let's go get the trophy!" shouted James as he ran outside the tent and was followed by his team. Gryffindor was ecstatic. They had won the Quidditch Cup.

Gryffindor ran back to their Common Room where a huge party was starting. Over five hours later, James, Sirius, and Remus were sitting on their favorite couch drinking shots of Firewhiskey when Lily suddenly came over to James and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Enjoy yourself Lils, we won!" said a drunk James.

"Only because the other team forfeited," said Lily.

"We still won," said a very drunk Sirius.

"James Potter," said Lily as her voice grew. "Finals are next week and I do not think you are ready."

"My dad is friends with everyone on the board," said James. "I don't really have to worry, if I don't get good enough grades he just donates more money." James let out a high-pitched laugh as he drank another Firewhiskey shot and smiled at Lily.

"I can't believe you, James," said Lily in disbelief.

"He's only kidding," said Remus. "Prongs here will get good grades..."

"Yes, he's a smart lad," said Sirius as he patted James on the back.

"Very smart," said James as he drank Sirius's Firewhiskey.

"That's mine!" said Sirius as he grabbed Remus's shot and drank that one.

"And that was mine, mate," said Remus with a laugh as he grabbed an empty glass and tried to get more alcohol out of it.

"Lily Evans," said James as he looked at Lily still standing in front of him. "You're very pretty."

"I cannot believe you, JAMES POTTER!" said Lily in an exasperated voice as she glared at her fiancé.

"Ahh... sorry Lily!" said James as his shot glass was refilled with Firewhiskey by a boy in Sixth year.

"Lily Evans," said Sirius as he lifted his shot glass up in the air and his friends clinked their glasses with his.

"Lily Evans," said Remus excitedly as he tipped his shot glass down his throat and let out a shout of excitement.

"Lily Evans... future Potter," shouted James as he swigged down his Firewhiskey and smiled at Lily. "I love you."

Lily stared at James and suddenly began to blush, James didn't know what he was actually saying... he was drunk.

"Well, thank you," said Lily very embarrassed, deciding it would be best to head upstairs now. She took a quick look around the room and saw many students passed out on the floor. James, Sirius, and Remus, along with a couple other older students, were the only ones still awake. Lily saw a Fifth year Ravenclaw let out a shrill of laughter and Lily's eyes shot up to her forehead.

"You're not in this House," said Lily as she walked towards the very drunk girl.

"I wanted to see-e-e... Siriuu... Siriuss...," said the girl as she laughed and slumped back in her seat with a bottle of Muggle beer in her hand. Lily shook her head and walked upstairs and went to bed. The last thing she heard was a very drunk James and Sirius singing... their love for a woman named Lily Evans.

*-*-*-*

"Nervous?" asked James as he stood on his feet bouncing ever so slowly as he held his wand in front of himself and stood in line.

"A-A tad," said Lily as she exhaled quickly and smiled at James. They were taking their last N.E.W.T practical; Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"You'll be fine," said James as he grabbed her hand and kissed it quickly.

"Evans, Lily," called out Professor McGonagall before Lily could reply to James. James let go of Lily's hand as she walked forward into the closed off room and shut the door.

"She'll be fine James," said Remus as he smiled at his friend.

"'Course she will," said James with a grin. "She's Lily."

*-*-*

"JAMES!" screamed Lily as she ran towards him and threw her arms around his neck and jumped into his arms.

"I love you too Lily darling," said James as he twirled her around in his arms and let her stand on the ground.

"I was just talking with Alastor Moody, and he said all the work we have been putting in with the extra meetings and things equals a whole year of Auror training," said Lily excitedly as she stepped away from James.

"Yes, I know," said James as he glanced at Remus and Sirius beside him and winked.

"WHAT!" exclaimed Lily as she starred open-mouthed at the three before her.

"My dad was the one who asked Dumbledore at the beginning of the year... Dumbledore was supposed to find students capable of handling a year of Auror training. Now we will be able to fight Voldemort sooner," replied James with a lopsided grin.

"And you never told me!" said an exasperated Lily.

"What did you think the training was for? Fun?" asked James with a laugh as he wrapped Lily in a hug and kissed her forehead.

"James," moaned Lily from inside James's arms as she pushed away from him.

"What?" asked James with a grin as Sirius and Remus rolled their eyes and started walking away.

"Thanks," said Lily with a little grin as she looked at James.

"For what?" asked James.

"Everything," said Lily in reply.

"Ahh... the diamonds," said James as he stepped forward and touched the necklace in the L shape on her neck.

"No... James not the diamonds," said Lily as she stepped away from him in a very serious way.

"The roses," said James with a grin as he stepped forward again.

"No... James not the roses," said Lily as she stepped backward again.

"Ahh... then the fortune... the fame... the future," said James with a grin and a wink as he stepped forward.

"No James!" said Lily as she took a step back. "Not for the fortune! Not for the fame!"

"The future?" asked James, shocked as he stepped forward and stood before her.

"No James, for you," said Lily.

"For me!" said James excitedly as if he was nervous and he looked around the empty lake and grounds.

"Yes," said Lily. "You are such a nice person and I have never really given you a chance. I'm a horrible person and you have always been polite to me. Except for the times when you were hexing me when we were younger. But apart from those few times you were always a really nice guy. And so funny, James! All my friends always talked about how funny you guys were and I never under-"

"Lily be quiet," said James suddenly as he pulled out his wand and began looking intently around the lake.

"J-James.. I was serio-"

"Lily, someone's here," said James quickly as he took a step forward and grabbed her hand.

"Wh-what... Who?" asked Lily.

"The Dark Lord," said a man from behind Lily and James as they both turned around in cold dread fear of what lied ahead of them.

*-*-*

x0x0
KacI