Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

Changes

--------------*************--------------

"Surely you are not planning on working from our French offices next week?" Narcissa asked, irritated. He had promised her weeks ago they would have a weeklong holiday in France.

Lucius set down his paper, laying it next to his plate. "I'm sorry, darling. I have four unavoidable meetings on Monday and Tuesday. They are only in the morning and I will be back at the villa by noon." She pouted at her husband. "Cissy, I'm sorry. I have planned a special day and evening for us on Wednesday to make up for this inconvenience."

Her pout remained. "You promise only Monday and Tuesday morning?"

"Yes, my love. As I stated, I have plans for us Wednesday. Plus my boys are coming Thursday. I've already spoken with Pierre. He has everything ready for the morning", he responded not hiding the excitement that entered his voice as he mentioned his grandsons.

The words 'my boys' brought a smile to her face. How could it not? Her husband was an outstanding father and an exceptional grandfather. "Draco and Ginevra know of your plans?"

"Of course. It is tradition that Leo's parents be present."

"Ginevra is fine with this? She doesn't believe he is too young?" Narcissa inquired.

"She was happy to hear it, actually. Leo's been asking to ride the ponies at every fair this summer." The wizard beamed with pride. "He's a natural rider and Ginevra sees that. I'll have him riding by himself before his second birthday."

"Lucius, do not get carried away! Walking next to the child for a pony ride is one thing, but riding by himself… You are…" the witch couldn't seem to find the words.

"Always careful when it comes to the safety of our boys, Narcissa."

She nodded and he returned to his paper. "Common Muggles!" he spat.

"Lucius?"

"I can't believe it. There are too many Mudbloods in the Ministry!" he hissed. "They're changing our laws trying to turn us into common Muggles! They're allowing divorce from wizarding marriages now!" Lucius paused. "We must get more involved again."

--------------*************--------------

Draco handed his business robe to the house elf. It was a standard morning routine. He dressed in his trousers; shirt and tie then the elf took the robe downstairs where he put it on after breakfast. It was also a part of the custom for him to go into the nursery. Hearing Leo sing a tone the little wizard had made up about using the potty brought a smile to the blond wizard's face. Fatherhood had changed the wizard. Six, maybe even four years ago, he would have found the song tasteless and sick, but now it was cute.

"I a big boy. I use a potty. Sun tine it fast. Sun tine slow." Leo happily sang over and over again until he went. At which time the song stopped and the toddler yelled excitedly, "I go! I go! I big boy!"

Draco stepped into the bathroom. Ginny was helping their youngest pull up his underwear and slacks. His potty chair sat next to the toilet. "That's Mummy's big boy!" she replied.

"Good boy, Leo", Draco added.

"Daddy!" he exclaimed. "I dry morning."

The lovely redheaded witch turned with her youngest son on her hip. "His nappy was dry this morning. It won't be long now."

"Bye Bye, nappies!" Leo interrupted, reaching for his father.

He took the toddler into his arms and cuddled him. "What a good boy you are!" Draco kissed the boy's forehead and then placed an arm around his wife's waist. "Are you ready to go down for breakfast, Love?"

Ginny nodded. "The other boys are already waiting."

"Gin", he started. "The blokes and I are planning a mates' day for Saturday, if it's alright with you witches."

She smiled, "The boys will like that. Thuban is looking forward to seeing the Arrows play."

The blond cleared his throat. "We aren't planning on taking the boys."

"I thought you enjoyed taking them?"

He turned to face her. "I do. However, I'd like to watch a match once in awhile without being asked questions about the name of a move or play a couple of dozen times. Plus, it would be nice to not run the risk of helping someone in the bathroom when the Snitch is caught."

She nodded but frowned slightly. "Why this weekend?"

"The World Cup is next weekend. We were planning on September first, but when I checked the schedule, I saw that the Falcons have that day off. The Wasps are playing the Arrows at the pitch", he answered. "Thuban only wants to see the Arrows because they are the Wasps' rivals. I think he'd enjoy seeing a Wasps/Arrows game. The others don't care."

Ginny kissed his cheek. "You know about…"

"The Wasps are his favorite team. I know. I merely let him think I don't. He works so hard to make me believe he's a Falcon fan."

"He is a Falcons fan after the Wasps", she whispered with a smile.

They turned the corner and entered the dinner room. Draco cleared his throat and the boys, who had been sitting, stood up. The blond used his only free hand to pull out his wife's chair. He smirked and she sat. "He's just like you, cheering for two teams. You're a Harpies fan first, and then it's the Cannons."

"I'm only a Cannons fan because it irritates you", she replied devilishly as she pushed her chair forward. Draco put Leo into his high chair.

"If you're a Harpies fan, Mummy, why did Aunt Pansy buy you a Kestrels' sweater?" Cam asked while he and his brothers sat back down.

Thuban batted his eyes and put a dreamy eyed schoolgirl's look on his face. "She would give Cruz O'Hare a few bob, that's why."

Draco's face reddened and he pointed at his eldest son. "Go to your room, Thuban."

"Draco, he doesn't know what it means", Ginny interjected.

"Go, Thuban", the blond ordered before turning to his wife. "He knows better than to repeat statements he doesn't know the meaning of."

"It means that Mum thinks Cruz O'Hare is good looking", Thuban muttered from the doorway.

His father shook his head. "That's not what it means, Son. To your room. You may come down in an hour."

"I'm really hungry", Thuban pleaded to Ginny.

"You'll have breakfast when your punishment is over", Ginny answered.

"Hopefully a little hunger will make you remember to mind your tongue", Draco informed the boy. Thuban slowly left the room. Draco leaned over and whispered, "Thank you for not quarrelling with me over that."

"He does need to learn. A late breakfast won't hurt him", she whispered back.

A house elf served breakfast to the family, who ate quietly except for Leo. The little imp always took advantage of these times to play the cute toddler. "Me fowk", he announced showing those at the table his ability to spear fruit from his bowl.

"Good boy, your grandmother will be so impressed", Ginny gleefully replied. The redhead didn't see a problem with a toddler eating fruit with his fingers. She thought the use of silverware so early made things harder and messier. Leo's fork came down hard hitting the side of a grape and sending it across the room. Well, at least she didn't have to clean up the mess, she thought.

Draco helped his youngest spear another grape. "Like this, Son. Place the fork on the middle of the item, then push hard." Leo smirked at Draco once the wizard turned away.

Cam sat up in his chair. "He knows how to do it. He thinks it's funny when things go flying."

"Bad Cam!" Leo shouted.

"Hush", Draco placed his hand on the toddler's arm. "You don't need to yell." He turned to Cam. "I saw his smirk. He won't be doing it again." Leo made a face at Cam.

"Daddy", the six-year-old pointed at his baby brother.

The blond wizard sighed. He really did need some time away from his boys. "You're the one who taught him how to make those faces. Best you watch what you teach." Draco turned to Leo. "Behave." The toddler nodded.

"Mummy?" Serpens softly asked. When Ginny smiled at him, he finished. "Are we still going to Grandma's? We were going to leave after breakfast."

"We'll leave after Thuban's punishment is over and he's had something to eat."

"You like Daddy, not Cruz O'Hare right, Mummy?" Serpens asked.

"Of course, Sweetheart. That sweater was a joke", Ginny replied.

"A joke you wore that evening and a couple of others", Draco muttered softly so only Ginny could hear.

The redhead smiled sinfully and whispered, "Only because it gets a lovely rise out of you."

"I don't understand witches. There is nothing funny about a Quidditch sweater." Cam shook his head.

"Wizards aren't supposed to understand witches. That's what Uncle Charlie says." Serpens nodded to confirm his statement.

----------**********----------

The three oldest Malfoy boys moped into their uncles' shop with their mother and grandma right behind them. Leo sat happily in his pushchair and pointed to the colorful display in the center of the shop. "Petty. Me want", the toddler screamed.

George hurried over to the group and removed Leo. "What would you do with Wonder Witch products?"

"Make a big mess, run away and hope Thuban or me get blamed", Cam growled.

George eyed the group of little wizards and then addressed his only sister. "Bad day, Ginny?"

"Daddy's going to the Quidditch game without us Saturday", Serpens snarled.

The red haired wizard knelt down next to the boys. "So you have decided to give your mother a hard time today?"

"We're not. We're being good. We're just not smiling", Thuban added. "Dad's being a prat", the boy whispered to his uncle.

Fred walked over to the group with a handsome dark haired wizard next to him.

"I want to see the Arrows' game", Serpens folded his arms and stamped his foot. "But Daddy said 'No'."

"You look charming, Ginny, as always", Gavin Spenser, the handsome dark haired wizard interjected as he took her hand and kissed it. "Trouble in paradise?"

"There's no trouble", Thuban hissed as he placed himself between his mother and the man. The seven-year-old removed Ginny's hand from Gavin's.

"Daddy won't let us come to the Quidditch match Saturday", Serpens informed the man.

"Really?" Gavin replied trying to hide his excitement. "Business gathering?"

"NO!" Cam replied. "He's only letting his mates come. Even Mummy has to stay home."

"Be quiet", Thuban hissed to his brothers.

Gavin smiled at the Malfoy boys. "My suite is available this Saturday. I'd be happy to…"

"Thank you for the offer, Gavin, but no." Ginny collected her boys next to her. "They've been to every Falcon's match held at Bodmin Moor this season." She pointed her sons to the display of fireworks. "Go pick out a couple of boxes. The Crabbe and Goyle children are going to come over Saturday for dinner."

"May we please get the ones that we can light, Mum?" Thuban pleaded.

"Only two boxes of those and two more that Tipsy will set off."

Their frowns disappeared from their faces as they hurried over to the shelves. They softly discussed their selection. Molly walked into the backroom with the twins, leaving Ginny somewhat alone with the gorgeous wizard.

Gavin stood next to Ginny. "I'd never leave you at home, Gin", he softly whispered. "You don't have to stay with him. Many wizards desire you. Don't be afraid of being alone, it won't happen. I would take you and your wonderful boys in anytime. Remember our days in Spain, Ginny?" He stepped closer to her touching her hand. "Malfoy sent you on that European trip as your last chance to run away from him. I should have taken you then, but I was young, foolish and scared. He's only been playing with you this last year, waiting for the time limit on your ability to divorce him to run out. Well, the Ministry fooled him, you can divorce him anytime now." He leaned into her and she jumped back.

"Spain was a long time ago, Gavin. There was nothing but friendship between us."

"Only friendship? We would have shagged if Luna hadn't come back to the hotel early!" he replied. "I was the first wizard you sent a Valentine."

Ginny shook her head in disbelief. "I was nine! You were the first boy to visit the Burrow that I wasn't related to! As for our days in Spain, we only snogged. I only did that because in some twisted way I thought it would hurt Draco."

"You can deny the truth all you want, Ginevra", he whispered seductively. "There is an attraction between us. You should be mine." Gavin motioned towards the boys. "They should be mine."

The redhead stepped further away. "I have a very happy marriage. I'm where I belong."

"You're lying to yourself. You don't love…" Gavin's speech stopped and he stared at the person entering the shop.

"What a surprise. I though you were visiting your mother", Draco said before wrapping his arms firmly around her.

She relaxed in his embrace. "Mum's with us. We thought a trip here might improve the boys' moods."

"Good afternoon, Gavin", he said, barely concealing his dislike for the man. "Business with my brothers-in-law?"

"I've finished with them." Gavin turned to Ginny and bowed his head. "It was charming seeing you again, Ginny. Have a wonderful afternoon." He exited the shop hastily.

"Love", Draco whispered. "I'd be honored if you would join your brothers and me for lunch."

"You're having luncheon with the twins?"

"We are working out some business deals together."

"Daddy!" Leo voiced joyously, returning from the backroom with his uncles and grandma.

Fred handed the toddler to his father and motioned his head to the firework display. Draco's three oldest were doing their best to ignore their father. From time to time one would turn and sneer at him when they thought he wasn't looking. "You still have one fan", Fred chuckled.

The blond wizard rubbed noses with the toddler and tickled him. "Only because they haven't had time to turn him against me. Is it alright with you if my family and your mother join us for lunch?"

"We'd love to have Mum along." George took Molly's arm to escort her.

Fred nodded in agreement and escorted Ginny. "You get the boys, Malfoy."

"Thuban, Cam, Serpens, come along sons, you're going to lunch now."

"Father", Thuban stated over politely. "Mum said we could select fireworks."

"Put your selection on the counter and have them owled home", Draco directed.

"I'm not hungry, Father", Serpens added.

"That's fine. You can have something to drink", Draco replied.

"I'm not thirsty either, Father."

George and Fred grinned and whispered to their sister. "How long will this go on?"

"Draco will have them on their way in a couple of minutes", Ginny told them.

The blond wizard eyed the boy. "Then you may simply sit at the table and grace us with your company."

"He's not going to make the boy go without lunch for that little bit of cheek?" Molly asked Ginny in a whispered tone.

"No, Mum. But he will question Serpens about these statements when he orders his food."

"Father", Cam politely addressed Draco. "We haven't had time to make our selection. You wouldn't want us to make a rash decision. I fear we may not have time to properly assess the value of each product and make an educated and well-informed decision for some time. It would be best if you luncheon without us. Aunt Diane can keep an eye on us while you are gone or maybe Mummy…"

As they looked on Fred stated, "That boy is not a normal six-year-old. Who talks like that?"

"He's merely repeating Narcissa's delay speech", Ginny informed them.

Growing tired of his sons' cheek, Draco calmly put his left hand in front of him and placed one finger up. "One."

The boys' eyes widened. "He wouldn't", Cam whispered to Thuban.

"Two." A second finger entered the air.

"He would", Thuban replied as his feet carried him to Ginny's side. His brothers weren't far behind.

"It appears we're ready to go", Draco stated. "I'd advise a cheek-free lunch, boys."

"Yes, Father", they replied.

"I didn't quite hear that", Draco interjected.

"Yes, Daddy", Cam and Serpens answered.

"That's better", he sighed happily. "Thuban?"

"Dad, may I please be a little cheeky with Uncle Fred and George?"

Draco chuckled, "Of course." His tone turned firm. "I understand your displeasure with my decision. However, all your moping and shows of disapproval aren't going to change my choice."

Serpens stopped walking, folded his arms and stumped his feet a couple of times, drawing everyone's attention. "I want to go to the Quidditch match." The boy's face was red.

"Serpens, don't", Thuban advised.

"You're making it worse", Cam added.

The four-year-old stumped his feet again. Draco gathered him into his arm. "I'll meet you at Zabini's café", he said before hurrying down the street with Serpens.

"I hope for Serpens' sake that Grandmother is home", Cam said.

----------**********----------

"Why couldn't you wait until October to get Ginny pregnant, Malfoy?" Miles asked.

"Damn stupid of you, mate", Richard added. "We had the league championship all wrapped up. There isn't another Chaser with half her talent and ability."

"Corner's team is sure to win now. The Weasley brothers… " Greg started.

"I beat Charlie to the Snitch eighty percent of the time", Draco huffed.

Blaise laughed. "Ginny saves us the other twenty percent of the time. Merlin, she can get us up by one hundred and sixty points so quick that you only have to hold off the other Seeker."

"The witch could easily play for the Harpies if you would…" Crabbe exclaimed.

"Let's not talk about my wife working", Draco spat out. "Ginny is an excellent Chaser. I would have liked her to finish the season too. However, she wanted this baby and I wasn't going to let something like amateur Quidditch stand in the way." He handed each of his mates a stout. "Hopefully this one is a girl, then it will be our last."

"Malfoy", Blaise smirked. "Who are you lying to, us or Ginny?"

"Neither." Draco took a drink. "I'm sure Ginny won't want anymore if the baby's a girl. Her mother stopped after she had her."

Vincent sat in one of the many armchairs in the suite. He watched the teams go through their warm-ups but addressed his friends. "Hear that?"

The other wizards raised a questioning brow at their lounging mate. Draco had the suite charmed so that only when the match started would sounds from the pitch be heard inside. "Hear what?" Goyle inquired. "I didn't hear anything."

"Yep. Silence. No crying babies. No children fighting. Thank Merlin!" he exhaled.

Miles pushed Richard playfully. Both wizards grinned. "Stop pushing me!"

"I didn't push you. I slipped", Miles relied in a childish tone.

Blaise patted Vincent's shoulder. "Feeling at home now?"

Crabbe laughed. "No, I feel like I'm at Malfoy's. At my house you get the high-pitched little witch squeak of 'Daddy! Mummy! He's touching me again!' Then the whining matches of 'She touched me first.' 'No he touched me.'"

"Ending with Padma yelling, 'I don't want anyone in this house to touch anyone else ever again'", Draco threw in with a chuckle.

Richard shook his head. "No touching in the Crabbe house? Does that order stand for you and Padma too, Vince?"

"Just wait Richard, witches say the silliest things once their children turn three," Vincent informed his friend.

"It's not how Daphne is going to sound that bothers me. I'm worried about myself." He glanced at Draco, Greg and Vincent. "You guys can sound pretty weird at times too."

Blaise nodded his head. "I do have to hold my laughter every time Malfoy asks one of his boys, 'Do I have to take my belt off?'

"Not me." Richard stated. "I'm waiting for Thuban to get a couple years older. I'm betting on him to answer that one day with, 'Well, you did have triple helpings of Mince. That just may release the pressure.'"

"You know, Richard, it isn't wise to make fun of the wizard who's in control of the alcohol", Draco replied with a smirk.

"The match is starting", Greg announced. "Let's go out."

The group of six wizards walked out to the seats in front of Draco's suite. It had been a long time since any of them had seen a Quidditch match without children around. They enjoyed the freedom to curse at the official from time to time.

It was an exciting match; the score was within ten points the entire time. The Chasers flew feverishly from post to post. The Beaters' bats never stopped moving, breaking up play after play seconds before a team would score. The Seekers had spied the Snitch four times already, only to lose it after minutes of knocking into each other.

Draco and the others were so engrossed in the game that they didn't get up for a second stout. They didn't talk much to each other either, except for the time Draco turned to Blaise and said, "That move is called Parkin's Pincer, Son." Blaise chuckled in response, asking the blond wizard if he was missing someone. The blond wizard merely nodded. His lap was feeling cold and empty. However, that sensation did subside when the Snitch made another appearance.

The Seekers raced around the pitch at a vehement pace before climbing five hundred feet into the sky only to dive the same distance. To the Slytherins' relief it was the Falcon's Seeker who captured the Snitch. It wasn't until this time that the wizard noticed the group of gorgeous witches sitting in their section. They must have come from the suite next to the Malfoy's.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Malfoy", the oldest of the witches said.

He hadn't remembered the witch by looks, but he knew the voice. It was Madam Kline. She ran the highest-class escort service in Britain. He and Lucius used to Floo her and arrange dates for visiting business wizards. When his mother had found out, she had put a stop to it. For the last four years the Malfoy wizards simply informed their business connects about the witch's services.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Kline. May I be of some service to you?"

She smiled. "May we be a service to you and/or your friends? The owner of your neighboring suite has sent us as a treat."

"You should know better than to ask me that", Draco retorted.

Ms. Kline nodded. "Yes, Malfoys and their fidelity. I thought that might be a problem."

"Let Mr. Laises know…"

"My witches services were a gift to Mr. Laises and yourself from Mr. Spenser," she informed him.

"I will thank him for his thoughtfulness myself", Draco countered hiding his anger.

The wizards were walking away when a witch in her early twenties took hold of Greg's hand. "I haven't seen you in a couple of months, Greg. Wouldn't you like to have some non-restricted fun?"

Goyle pulled his arm away and headed for the door with the other men. When he entered, Blaise threw him against the wall. "Only months, Goyle? You've been engaged to my cousin for over a year."

"Diane threw my ring back in my face nine months ago or did you forget?" Greg snarled.

The Italian wizard's eyes flared. "She caught you sleeping with whores, is that why she did it? Is that why when she did take it back she delayed the wedding until December?"

"I went to Madam Kline's a week after she called off the wedding. I'd say it was a stupid mistake but it made me realize that I really wanted to marry Diane." Greg exhaled, "Please don't tell her, Blaise. Bloody hell, she wouldn't understand."

"The statement, 'I had sex with a couple nineteen-old witches and came to the realization that I'm in love with you and not the sex.' Never goes over well", Crabbe added.

"I'm not the only wizard that gets love and sex mixed up", Greg spouted. "My father wasn't a good example."

"Don't give me that shit, Goyle. I didn't know my father and what example was my mother?" Blaise countered. "The witch can't keep a husband alive and she marries for money."

"I was single at the time", Greg retorted. "Diane had called it all off. She even went to a ball with another wizard."

"Did she shag him?" Blaise hissed.

Greg knocked the other wizard's arms away, freeing himself. "Bloody brilliant, Zabini! Why the hell did you put that thought in my mind?"

"It's over, Blaise", Draco stated, holding his mates apart. "Gavin sent those bints to ruin our evening. Let's not let him." He poured a fire whiskey for each wizard. "I don't agree with what Greg did. He shouldn't have gone running off for a shag so soon. But it's over and they weren't together at the time."

"She didn't sleep with that git. She couldn't have", Greg whispered to himself.

Vincent patted Greg on the back. "She didn't. Don't think about it, mate. It doesn't matter."

"If your wife had shagged another wizard while you were divorced, wouldn't it bother you?" Greg huffed.

"Seeing how I was back in her bed three weeks after the divorce, I sure as hell would have been." Vincent downed his drink. "She went out on a couple of dates. I never asked her what she did with the blokes. I really didn't have to. Padma isn't the kind to bed someone quickly. We had been dating…" He passed his glass to Draco asking for another. "Where are we going for dinner?"

Blaise shook his head. "He's not going to tell us how long it took him. Well, I can always ask Pansy."

"Funny, isn't it?" Miles added. "Wizards will tell their mates all about their sexual encounters, even brag about them when we're not in love with the witch. But when it comes to relations with our wives, we share very little."

"The witches do talk about it in more detail than we do", Richard confirmed with a nod of his head.

----------**********----------

Draco walked into the bathroom next to his study. He washed his face and hands then used the mouthwash. He placed the sobering potion back into the cabinet.

The wizard didn't need it. He hadn't had that much. Getting pissed wasn't as much fun now. Maybe he was finally growing out of it.

The wizards had decided to try the new pub in Dialog Alley. Wayne Hopkins, a Hufflepuff from their year, opened the place two weeks earlier. It was large, clean and filled with pub games. Draco and his mates had a marvelous time playing Skittles, Darts and Billiards. Maybe the real reason the blond limited his drinking was so he would keep winning the games. All in all, not being drunk added to his evening. Besides winning every game, he remembered every person he saw that night.

The pub was loaded with their old Hogwarts classmates. He had promised numerous people that he would look them up at the Quidditch World Cup events that started that Thursday. Many Gryffindors had made him promise to bring Ginny by in a fortnight, which he looked forward to. Gin would adore this pub. It might even make a nice place to luncheon with her and the boys.

Draco climbed the stairs at a quickened pace. He enjoyed his time away. He had needed it, but he missed his sons and wife. The wizard re-tucked in each of his sons quickly before entering his bathroom through the nursery. Ginny had placed a clean pair of boxers in there for him. The lack of pajama bottoms brought a smile to his face. He quickly showered, brushed his teeth, used more mouthwash and headed into his bedchamber.

His wife was not to be seen when he entered. He snapped his fingers and a house elf appeared. "Where's my wife?"

"Misses be in the guest sitting room down the hallway."

The wizard dismissed the creature, put on pajamas and a dressing robe then headed down the hall. He heard her voice talking to someone, so he knocked. When she invited him to enter he saw Molly's head in the fireplace.

Surprised to see him, Ginny stopped talking to her mother. "You're home early. It's only eleven."

Draco shrugged, "We were out late enough." He kissed her cheek. "Good evening, Molly."

"Good evening, Draco", she replied before going back to her discussion with her daughter. "So we have the tents Thursday, Friday and Saturday night?"

"Yes, Mum. The papers Draco owled you allow you and Dad to Apparate anytime into your tent", Ginny told her. "Draco and I are leaving Thursday morning. The boys won't be at the camp site until Friday afternoon."

"Your father and I would be happy to watch them Thursday for you, Ginny."

"They're traveling with Draco and me, Mum. Our villa isn't far away from the match. The boys are going to stay there Thursday night with Narcissa and Lucius. That will give us time to make sure everything is straightened out with the tents without them under foot."

"Alright then Ginny, I'll Floo you tomorrow if I have any more questions. Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Goodnight, Mum." Ginny kissed Draco's cheek after Molly's head disappeared. "Mum's never been to a World Cup before. She gave up her ticket so Ron could take Harry and Hermione. I think she's a little excited."

"I couldn't tell", Draco jested.

"Why are you home so early? Did something go wrong?"

"Eight hours with Goyle, Crabbe and Zabani are enough", he joked. "I had a wonderful time. I missed the boys a little." He kissed her lips softly. "I missed you a lot. We went to the new pub. I saw a number of your old Gryffindor classmates. I promised to bring you by when we return from the World Cup."

"Padma and I made a quick trip inside of it today. They have a wonderful lunch menu. I noticed all the pub games. I think I can take you in billiards or darts."

"I think we should partner up and take on all challengers", he replied. "Did you go shopping today?"

"No, we decided to take the boys to the Durnham's grill. They just got a large wizarding telly and were showing the game. We stopped quickly in the pub while Bill was watching the children. The match was excellent."

"It was. If I had known…"

"Draco, I'm glad that you were lucky enough to watch it in peace. I never realized how many questions the boys asked during the game. And why does Serpens have to use the bathroom every time the Snitch appears?" she asked.

He pulled her close. "His timing is wonderful, isn't it? Thanks for giving me the day, Gin. It would have been perfect if Gavin Spenser hadn't sent six streetwalkers over to our suite, which started Greg and Blaise fighting."

"Why would ladies of the evening make them fight?"

He sighed. "It was over something Greg did nine months ago."

She pursed her lips. "I thought Blaise already knew about Greg's visits with those ladies."

"You knew about that?" he asked surprised.

"I thought everyone knew. All of the witches did. He's a fool and a lucky one. What makes you think Gavin sent those ladies?"

"The madam told me."

Ginny's eyes narrowed. "And I thought he was being nice, helping the boys look for you when the cameras scanned the crowd."

"You watched the game with Gavin?" he growled.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I watched the game in a public café and he happened by. George and Fred kept him busy."

"That arse. I'm going to…"

"Leave him be. He's a spoilt, rich brat after another wizard's toys." She looked into her husband's shocked eyes. "That's what Gavin sees me and the boys as, your toys. He doesn't want us. Besides, even if he did, I want only you. And I want you sleeping beside me every night, not in a cell in Azkaban."

He gave her a sinfully smile. "Maybe you should take me to bed and show me what I'd be missing if I decided to kill the prat."

"Maybe I'll show you right here." Ginny leaned into him.

The couple jumped up when they heard a terrified scream coming from their chambers. "Noooooo! No! No! Help me!" Serpens shouted as tears rolled down his face.

Tipsy and Nan had appeared the moment of the scream but their presence seemed to increase his terror. Draco pushed them aside and gathered Serpens into his arms and held him closely. "Daddy's here. What's wrong, love?"

Leo came in from the nursery, frightened and attached himself to Draco's leg. The wizard moved best he could to the bed. While he was moving, he caught sight of his two older sons. Thuban had a wand in one hand and a beater's bat in the other. Cam had a beater's bat in his hand. They appeared to be planning an assault. Once they spotted Draco, they came into clear sight and put down the bats. Thuban hid the wand in his robe. "We thought someone was being attacked. What's wrong, Serps?" Thuban asked greatly concerned.

The four year old pulled his face away from Draco's chest. "I dreamt you went to France without me. You even took Ami. I had to stay with Tipsy and Nan. Then shadowy things came after me and no one was here to protect me." He laid his cheek against Draco's shoulder. "I woke up scared. I came here and the room was empty."

Thuban eyes widened. He climbed onto the bed and slid under the covers. Leo and Cam followed their eldest brother's lead. "That is scary, Serps. We'll have to sleep here to keep that dream away", Thuban said.

Serpens left his father's arms and lay next to his brothers. Draco kissed the four little foreheads. "Where's that wand, Thuban?" Draco held out his hand.

The boy grudgingly placed the wand in it. "It's a toy one from the fireworks."

"It fire", Leo stated.

His brothers tried to hush him but it was too late. "What did you say, Leo? This wand makes fire?" Draco questioned and the toddler nodded.

"It makes fire when you light the fireworks", Thuban stated.

Leo shook his head. "All time."

The wizard eyed his sons. "Explain,"

"Thuban can set things on fire all the time with it. But it doesn't work for anyone else", Cam informed his father.

Draco closed his eyes and pinched his nose. "We'll discuss this in the morning." He walked over to remove the bats from the middle of the floor. Ginny met him at the foot of their bed. "I believe Thuban has a natural ability to create fire. I don't think it's the wand." She kissed his cheek. "And about the other thing. This is only a delay. Your parents are collecting them at nine o'clock tomorrow morning. We'll have all day."

He nodded. "That's nice because we can't chance going to another room with that dream going through their minds."

----------**********----------

Blaise couldn't stop the guilty feelings that ran through his body. Rosetta was only seven weeks old and this had been the first time he was away from her for more than four hours. He had started coming home for lunch when Pansy was eight months pregnant and hadn't stopped. The wizard was extremely proud to be the little witch's daddy. He would have never thought himself capable of this type of feeling, and he really didn't think he was ready for a child before her birth.

Zabini thought of himself as the uncle or godfather. He enjoyed playing with his mates' children and he was good at giving them little bits of advice. The wizard could even handle his godsons when they misbehaved in minor ways. However, he grew tired of them at times and longed to escape after watching them for more than two days.

As he climbed the stairs, he wondered if his mother-in-law was still here. She stayed the night about half of the times she visited since Rosetta's birth. Violet Parkinson had planned on spending the day with her daughter and granddaughter before the wizards had decided on their day out. Knowing Pansy would have help with their daughter and that his wife would be busy, was the main reason he had agreed to go.

The wizard slowly opened the door to the nursery. He beamed at the sight in front of him. Pansy was in the rocking chair, singing their daughter to sleep. His wife looked fabulous with a baby in her arms. Blaise swiftly made his way to her side. He kissed Pansy and softly caressed their daughter's cheek. "How'd your day go, Pans?"

"Mother and I had a brilliant time shopping." The witch seemed to start glowing. "I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size. You have to take me somewhere special next weekend. I know it may be hard to do with half of wizarding England at the World Cup."

"I'll find someplace." He removed the sleeping baby from her arms and whispered. "Here or our room, love?"

Pansy gave him a seductive smile. "Here. You need a reward for coming home before midnight."

----------**********----------

Greg hated knocking on his own door to be let in. However, it was the only way he could get Diane to move into his London townhouse. Her request truly wasn't that strange, seeing that he and his sons lived in a different house. Luckily for his temper, the house elf answered the door quickly.

"Where is my fiancée?" he ordered.

"Miss Diane be in the parlor, Master. She be having guests", the elf replied in a shaky voice. The wizard strode past the elf, heading for the parlor. He could hear three witches talking the closer he got.

"At times it's very entertaining, but at others it's really hard work. Walk in business decreases at the Diagon Alley shop in September. However, the mail order business really increases. George said they'd be happy to keep me on", Diane stated.

"Are you really going to work after the wedding?" Liz asked.

"You're nutters, Di. If I had a wizard willing to take care of me, I'd be happy to sit pool side all day", Julie added.

"Because you're lazy", Liz announced. "I'd be bored."

"I'll have plenty to do, working for the Weasley twins or not. Mary thinks I should teach the boys at home. Greg and I still have a lot of things to discuss."

"Good evening, Ladies." Greg smiled as he entered the room.

"Is it that late?" Diane asked before looking at the clock. "No, you're early."

"When you go out with new fathers, they tend to want to come home early." Greg walked over to the bar and poured himself a fire whiskey. "Would you ladies like a refill?"

"No, we were about to leave", Liz told him. "We have to be at the café by seven a.m. tomorrow. I'll talk to you later, Diane." Julie also said her goodbyes, and the witches Disapparated.

"I'm sorry if I scared them away, Di."

"They were getting ready to leave", she told him.

Greg went over to the sofa and cuddled her. "I'm sorry for all the times I'll been a goon. I love you. I really love you." He took a drink of his fire whiskey to collect his courage. "I've made some mistakes. I hope you can understand."

The witch quivered a little. "Just tell me, Greg."

"After you gave me back my ring nine months ago, I reached out to other witches." He summoned the bottle of fire whiskey, poured himself another drink and downed it.

"Are you speaking of your trips to Madam Kline's?" she shakily inquired.

"Yes."

Diane sighed then smiled. "Thank, Merlin. I thought you did another stupid thing."

"You don't have a problem with that?"

She swatted his chest. "I had a major problem with it, you arse! I almost didn't come back. Ginny and Pansy talked me through it."

"Why didn't you tell me you knew?" he whispered pulling her close.

"I kept hoping you would tell me." She kissed him softly. "Thank you for finally doing so." Diane then gave him a deadly stare. "If you ever even think about being with another woman again, I'll hex your bits off."

----------**********----------

The smell of chocolate and fresh fruit filled the first floor of the Crabbe home. Padma must have made it for the children to get them to sleep easier, Vincent thought. He promptly ventured to each of his children's rooms, kissing them and re-tucking them in. When he reached his room, he was surprised to not find his wife. The wizard journeyed back down the stairs. The smell of chocolate was stronger now. He headed for the kitchen and quietly opened the door.

A number of freshly dipped strawberries sat in front of his wife, who was still working on creating more. Vincent snuck up behind her and kissed her neck lovingly. "Are those for me?"

"Merlin, Vincent. What are you doing home so soon?"

The wizard lifted her arm by its wrist and licked the chocolate off of her fingers. "You taste good."

"I look a sight. I thought I'd have time for a shower." She pouted. "You ruined my surprise."

The sounds of Kali's cries suddenly filled the room. "Sounds like a wet cry to me. I'll take care of her and you can finish up my surprise." He kissed her lips and hurried off. Padma put the strawberries on a platter and placed a bottle of bubbling grape juice in a bucket of ice. Cleaning up the kitchen could wait until the morning.

In the last week, Kali had gotten into the bad habit of crying for no reason around this time. The only thing that seemed to calm her was being walked. Vincent had to pace for an hour before his daughter went back to sleep. He yawned as he covered the babe hoping that she wouldn't wake for at least three hours.

The wizard's energy was renewed when he entered his bedchamber. Padma sat in the settee that faced the door, two glasses of bubbling drinks sat in front of her along with the chocolate covered strawberries. She was wearing the sexiest nightie and robe he had even seen. His blood pooled in his groin, making speech impossible for a few moments.

"You're beautiful. The most delectable woman in the world", he whispered as he rained kisses over her neck and shoulders.

"Show me you think I'm still a woman, Vince. Touch me like you used to. Make us one again. Please", she pleaded.

He wripped away her tears. "Circe, I've wanted to for so long. Are you sure you're healthy enough, Love? I can't live if I hurt you."

"I've had the all clear for a week. You know that. Why are you holding…?" More tears ran down her face.

Vincent pulled her into his lap. "Please don't cry, Pad. I love you. You're beautiful. I want you more than ever. But I'm so frightened of hurting you."

"Let's take it slow and gentle, I'll be fine."

His hands ran over her body in soft caresses. "Merlin, I love you." His lips placed kisses down the center of her chest.

----------**********----------

Ginny sat up in bed reaching for her dressing robe. The witch wondered were her husband and sons had gone.

"Don't you dare get out of that bed", Draco ordered before jumping like a lion on his prey. The fully dressed wizard playfully pinned her to their bed. "You promised me a day in bed with you last night."

"I did not", she teased. "Draco, the boys."

"I've already taken them to my parents' for the day." He smirked.

She smiled back. "It's only eight."

"They were up at seven." He started to unbutton her nightgown.

Ginny stilled his hands. "We need to find out about that wand Thuban had."

The wizard sighed and rolled off her. "Father and I worked it out. It's not the wand. It's Thuban. He only thinks he needs the toy wand. The boy unknowingly has it under control. I owled both Professors Snape and McGonagall. I'm sure we'll being hearing from them by evening. Professor Snape is dinning with my parents." He rolled over and kissed her neck. "Please, Gin."

She knowingly prolonged his torment. "Why did you owl, Professor McGonagall?"

"I knew you would want me too." His lips touched that special spot on her neck. "I need you, Gin. Please. You promised, in bed all day."

It took all she had to not melt. His lips there, his pouting and pleading, it was almost too much. But she had learned from the best. The redhead schooled her features. "I didn't promise all day. I said we'd have all day."

Draco rolled onto his back again. That's when she attacked. Quickly, Ginny was straddling him. One of her hands on his shirt buttons, the other on the button then fly of his trousers. She lowered her head and whispered. "However, I did promise you this." The witch rained kisses over her husband as his clothing fell away from his body.

----------**********----------

Author notes: 'give him a few bob' means that she would like to be intimate with him.