Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

The World Cup Part 1

--------------*************--------------

The trip to France should only have taken the young Malfoy family one and a half hours. One hour was spent on a Muggle ferry crossing the channel. It was that hour that caused them an additional hour of delay. The boys were excited about this boat ride, and they insisted on being on the deck. That was where their problems began.

The family had left their home at eight in the morning. Serpens had been so excited that he hadn't slept well the night before. The four-year-old was quite whiny. To his father's dismay, the only thing that would keep the boy quiet was allowing him to carry his blanket. Draco had tried to take it from the boy a number of times fearing it would be forgotten on a seat. Neither Draco nor Ginny dreamed that something worse would happen.

Their three older boys were standing at the front of the ship, holding on to the rails and watching the water hit the bow. A gust of wind caused water to splash Serpens in the face. He mistakenly let go of his blanket for only a second. The wind caught the beloved item and sent it flowing to the stern. Thuban and Cam went squealing after it, causing most of the Muggles to watch the boys. A number of them tried to assist in the capture. When the blanket flew off the stern of the ship and was about to hit the water, Serpens held his arms out for it and the blanket came flowing back to the child to the surprise of a couple of dozen Muggles.

Ginny kept huffing as they walked up the drive to the family villa. "He should lose his job."

Draco sighed, readjusting Serpens who was asleep in his arms. "Calm down, Love. It will be taken care of."

Thuban and Cam started to run when the doors to the villa opened and Narcissa appeared. "Grandmother! Grandmother!"

The witch hugged them. "I was so worried, Darlings. You're late." Draco waved his wand and the pushchair gently climbed the stairs.

"Serpens almost lost his blanket. He had to use his magic to get it back. The Muggles saw. The Ministry came and gave Daddy a ticket."

"They tried to take his wand", Thuban added. "We had to go to the French Ministry. The Minister himself came and talked with Daddy."

"Draco?" Narcissa asked, startled.

"Good morning, Mother." He kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry we worried you. However, we ran into a new, overzealous Auror."

Serpens opened his eyes. "I was bad. They arrested me." Tears ran down the boy's face. "I was so scared." He tightened his grip around his father's neck. "Daddy saved me."

Narcissa's soft face changed and she now looked as if there were something smelly under her nose. "Barbarians!" she hissed. "Frightening a child over a simple Summoning Charm!" She caressed the boy's cheek. "They will pay for this injustice."

"The Auror caused the need for memory charms. He Apparated in front of the Muggles and started questioning Draco." Ginny shook her head. "He needs to go back to training."

"Gamfadder! Gamfadder!" Leo screamed as the family entered the foyer where Lucius waited. The toddler frantically tried to free himself from the pushchair.

Lucius was just as excited, although he was able to conceal it slightly. "Calm down, little man. I'll have you out in moments." With a flick of his wand Lucius unbelted the boy then lifted him into his arms. "Did you have a nice trip?"

Leo nodded. "Me go boat. Fun."

"Wonderful. Let's get you cleaned up."

"Lucius, the French Ministry detained them", Narcissa informed him.

"I'll explain it you later, Father. Their mistake has cost my family enough time", Draco said.

"Pony!" Leo yelled.

Lucius nodded at his son. "I agree." He smiled at Leo. "Let's get you ready for your ride. Come along boys. We'll be going for a ride after."

Serpens clung to Draco. "Father, I'll handle Serpens."

--------------*************--------------

One of the most surprising things Ginny had learned when she had joined the Malfoy family was the number of traditions they had. Her parents had always taught her that maintaining tradition kept a family strong. Seeing how none of the Malfoy customs so far had anything to do with Muggle terrorizing or Muggleborn torturing, she allowed her boys to take part in them. She supported following them even when Draco wanted to break them.

She and Draco stood outside a paddock that held a very small pony. Thuban and Cam stood on the fence, watching the event. Serpens was on his father's hip, still clinging to him. Narcissa was next to them with a fancy hanky in her hand, wiping her eyes from time to time.

All of the Malfoy ponies had come from this breeder. He used elves to train them for riding, so they were very accustomed to being ridden. The trainer almost took the training of his ponies, as seriously as he did with larger equines, therefore they didn't have the unwanted behaviors most ponies had. Lucius placed Leo on the ground, teaching the boy how to walk around his pony. Little by little over the next years Lucius would teach the boy how to care and maintain the training of his pony.

The senior Malfoy wizard helped Leo brush the pony for a time before placing the saddle on it. Leo stood in place, trying to contain his excitement. Even though he was young, he understood that ponies and horses could be frightened easily. Still, the toddler couldn't hold in a squeal of delight when Lucius placed him in the saddle and handed the boy the reins. One of Lucius' hands held the lead, while the other was on the boy's back. The wizard started the pony walking slowly around the paddock.

"Hold on tight, Leo darling", Narcissa instructed the toddler. "Oh, doesn't he look so sweet in his riding outfit!" She directed the statement to Ginny, who nodded. The toddler was dressed in an English riding outfit like his grandfather and brothers, tan breeches, white button down shirt, completed with black boots, gloves, helmet and jacket.

"These helmets are for gits", Thuban whispered to Cam.

"Heels down, back straight and chin up, son", Draco advised.

This piece of advice earned the wizard a snarl from Lucius. The older wizard's left hand touched the boy's heel. "Heel down", he whispered. "That's a good boy", he added when the boy complied. Lucius touched Leo's back and the boy straightened up. He put his chin in the air and a broad grin on his face.

"Me ride… Daddy", Leo announced.

"Great job, Son."

Lucius touched the boy's lower calf. "Squeeze." When he did, Lucius let go of the lead and the boy. The two witches gasped loudly, causing Lucius to instantly put the lead back in his right hand and his left very close to the toddler. "We're going to stop now, Leo. Sit deep in the saddle and pull back on the reins." Lucius beamed when the child complied and the pony stopped. "Brilliant!" He tied the pony to the fence, placed Leo on his hip and walked over to his family. "He is a natural", Lucius proclaimed.

Leo pointed at the pony. "More! Ride… More…"

Thuban pointed to another paddock to the north. "We'll ride in there, Grandfather. And you can teach Leo more. You can take us through the fields later."

"I don't mind waiting for later, Grandfather", Cam added.

"Serpens, do you mind riding in the paddock?" Lucius asked.

The four-year-old put his arms tightly around Draco's neck. "I don't want to ride. I want to stay with Daddy."

"I'll take those three to the North paddock, Father." He turned to Serpens. "I need you to get down, son. You can help me get the ponies out."

The witches watched Leo ride his pony with Lucius by his side for a time. Draco and the older boys appeared in the north paddock in moments. Serpens and Cam had their helmets on.

"Daddy, watch me!" Cam loudly requested. When Draco looked, the six-year-old mounted his pony by himself. The wizard beamed at the boy, then he looked at Narcissa and Ginny, who returned grins. "Grandfather is going to help me work on jumping. I'll be in shows like Thuban next summer."

While watching Cam, Narcissa caught sight of Thuban cantering behind his brothers trying to stay out of view. The vision of her oldest grandson riding without his helmet frightened the witch. "Thuban, your helmet", Narcissa shrieked in a fearful voice. "Draco!"

Lucius stopped Leo's ride placing the toddler on his hip. The oldest Malfoy wizard drew his wand, pointing it at the seven-year-old just in case the boy fell. Both witches had done the same.

Draco hurried to his oldest. "Get down, get your helmet on and apologize to your Grandmother and Mother for causing them unease."

Thuban dismounted and headed for the witches. He hugged each. "I'm sorry, but you don't need to worry. I'm a great horseman. I don't need a helmet."

"It's best to wear it just in case", Narcissa advised. "Besides, you look so handsome in it, just like your grandfather."

The words left Thuban's mouth before he could stop them. "Are you mental?" he hissed before he froze on the spot, not because of Lucius' clearing of his throat, or Ginny's gasp, or even Draco's growling of his name. It was the look of hurt in Narcissa's eyes. It wasn't that Narcissa was a weak witch. Many had directed more hurtful words at her over the years, especially when Lucius was in Azkaban.

Thuban flung himself at her. "I'm so sorry, Grandmother. I didn't mean that. I think we all look so silly in those hats. I know you only said the hats made us look handsome so I would wear it. It's my stupid mouth. I need to learn to hold my tongue. Maybe I do need more training being a gentleman. Do you think learning equestrian dressage would help me?"

Dressage was a formal type of riding. It was the oldest of the equestrian competitive sports; in short it was boring by any boy's standards. Narcissa had been trying to get Thuban or Cam to start training in it for the last year.

The blonde witch hugged the boy back. "I believe it will, along with etiquette lessons with Ms Cairn twice instead of once a week for the next two months."

"Yes, Grandmother." The little wizard put on his hat. "May I go riding now, Grandmother?"

Narcissa placed a tender kiss on his forehead. "Of course, Darling." She turned her attention to her husband and son. "Thuban and I have an agreement. You will not address this matter with him further."

--------------*************--------------

If this hadn't been the second World Cup Ginny had attended with Draco, she would have had a hard time believing her eyes. At least he isn't breaking any rules this time, she thought. The fields around the French Quidditch stadium were owned by wizards, and far away from Muggle population. They were hidden by a number of charms, so there were no restrictions on the use of magic.

House elves had put up their tent, which was more of a small castle. Her family could easily fit in it with them, but of course he was having the house elves set up tents for them on neighboring sites.

"Would you like to go inside, Love?" Draco said.

"How many elves did you bring?"

"I don't know, as many as it takes to put up the tents. Only one is staying. Well, until Nan and Tipsy come with the boys. Is there a problem?"

She shook her head. "No, you're just being you."

"And you love me?" He gave her a sly smile.

"Don't be silly. If I didn't, I wouldn't have played along with the absurd reasons for leaving our sons with your parents today." She opened the tent flap and started inside. "There is only one motivation for not bringing the boys." When he didn't follow her, she gave him a seductive grin. "Are you coming, or do I have to take matters into my own hands?"

Draco smirked, heading inside. "I'd like to see that. Maybe I'll give you a hand…" He raised a brow to her. "If I see anything interesting."

--------------*************--------------

Ginny cuddled deeper into her husband's chest. Draco caressed her left arm with his and kissed her forehead. She sighed, enthralled by the loving touch. His right arm went to her back. He massaged it, focusing on her right shoulder muscle, which was always tighter than the others. A relieved moan escaped Ginny's throat. "Merlin, that feels magnificent."

He delicately pecked her cheek. "Nothing my girl loves more than a good cuddle and massage in the morning."

The red haired witch leisurely glided up the muscular chest of her husband, treasuring the skin-to-skin contact. When she reached her goal, she placed a chaste kiss on his lips. She gazed adoringly into his eyes. "I love you more."

Draco took her hand in his, placing it on his heart. He returned her gaze. "A simple touch from you sets my heart aflutter. You are the witch of my dreams. No one is more blessed than I."

A knock at the door interrupted the couple. "Master", the house elf squeaked through it. "Yous parents be here with the young masters."

Ginny quickly got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. "Tell Narcissa and Lucius we will be down in ten minutes." She stood in the doorway nude, smirking at her husband. "We'll need to share the shower to make it."

The sounds of children's laughter could be clearly heard by the couple as they approached the tent opening. Ginny stopped and covered her mouth. "Are you alright, Love?" Draco caressed her arm.

"I'll be fine. I should have had some snaps earlier", she replied. The witch steadied herself and made her way outside.

Her four boys were riding their brooms around a three-tier fountain. Water cascaded down the tiers, while eight jets sprayed water from the bottom; altering colored lights highlighted each jet. It was quite beautiful in the daylight, but she knew it would be astonishing once the sun set. Lucius stood next to it, wand out putting the final touches on the item he had just brought.

Leo's broom barely lifted him off of the ground. If the toddler put his feet down, he could touch the grass. Serpens' lifted him higher, but he was happy flying with his younger brother. The two older boys were at least four meters up, much further than Serpens' broom would take him. The boys waved a hello to their parents, but kept flying.

Narcissa linked elbows with Ginny. "Ginevra, you look famished." She kissed Ginny's cheeks, walked her over to a table set for two, and sat opposite her. "I'll have tea while you eat something."

"Good morning, Mother", Draco said cheerfully as he pulled out a chair.

The older witch furled her brow at her son, telling him without words that he was not welcome to join them. "What were you thinking? It's nearly ten o'clock. She's with child, Draco."

Draco sighed. "Mother, the tent doesn't let the light in. We didn't…"

"Don't you dare try to blame Ginevra! You are her husband. It is your duty to look after her."

"Narcissa…" Ginny started softly. The sound of someone rushing towards the table caused the young witch to turn her head. "Mum?"

"Goodness Ginny, you're pale. I noticed from our site. The elf said you were still sleeping an hour ago. Are you ill?" Molly asked, worry lining her every word.

Draco sighed internally. He had placed Bill's, Charlie's and the twins' tents between his and his parents-in-law, and it still wasn't enough. He could see Arthur Weasley walking across the sites in a more subdued pace.

"It's just a little morning sickness, Mum", Ginny answered.

Draco held out a chair for Molly. "Please join us, Molly."

The Weasley witch sat in the chair. "A cup of tea would be nice."

The blonde witch smiled at her daughter-in-law. "Eat your breakfast, dear and don't forget the tea. It's extra sweet. You really do need the additional energy."

Draco bowed his head to his mother. "Mother, may I please join you ladies?"

Narcissa gave her son a stern glare. "Only if you promise to take better care of Ginevra." He nodded his agreement and sat down.

"Breakfast? Why didn't you let her eat earlier?" Molly scolded Draco.

"Mum, I was having a lie in. I didn't feel ill until we were downstairs." Ginny tried to defend her husband.

"Didn't you notice her color? You know she needs to eat early or she'll be ill. This isn't your first pregnancy with her", Molly hissed at her son-in-law.

"I don't understand why you just didn't have the elf bring her some gingersnaps and tea at eight o'clock. It was a standing order when Ginevra was expecting Cygnus", Narcissa growled at him.

"You could have put gingersnaps on her bedside table yourself. It wouldn't hurt you", Molly added.

"That is sound advice. I will make sure this doesn't happen again." Draco tried to appease the older witches. It didn't work. They kept scolding him throughout his meal. He was starting to feel ill himself. Thankfully his favored son saved him.

"Hello, Grandma." Serpens dismounted his broom and hugged Molly. The four-year-old had just stepped back when Leo flew into him and knocked him to the ground. At first it appeared Serpens was going to jump up and knock Leo off of his broom. However his eyes went to Molly and then Narcissa, and he quickly formed a plan to monopolize his grandmothers' attentions. The boy's hand went to his back and tears started down his face.

"Ouchie, ouchie", Serpens cried.

"You're alright." Draco quickly dusted off the boy. "He didn't hit you…"

Molly and Narcissa were beside Serpens before Draco could finish.

"Grandma will heal you in a flash", Molly stated.

Narcissa already had her wand out. "Let Grandmother see, Serpens."

Molly smiled and overly sweetly said, "Don't bother yourself, Narcissa. I've healed more little wizards' bumps and bruises…"

The society witch beamed back. "It's no bother, Molly. Serpens is used to my wand."

Draco stepped in and scooped up the boy placing him on his right hip. "Serpens is fine. He was only bumped." He turned to Leo. "That's enough broom riding for you." Draco placed him on his left hip. "You're not to fly so close to others."

"Gramma…" Leo squeaked ignoring his father's scolding as he reached for Molly.

His maternal grandmother couldn't help herself and removed the naughty toddler from his father's arms. "You really need to be more careful, dear."

Thuban and Cam watched from above. "Is Serpens trying to work our grandmothers?" Cam asked.

"I can't see in his mind from here. I still need to look into his eyes. Professor Snape won't teach me anything but how to avoid accidentally seeing people's thoughts. But by Dad's actions, I'd bet he was trying."

"Look over there, Thuban", Cam pointed to Lucius and Arthur. Lucius was still by the fountain and Arthur was learning against a tree that wasn't far away. Both wizards had grimaces on his faces. "They don't look happy. Let's get closer so you can read Grandpa's thoughts."

"Are you mental?" Thuban asked. "Grandpa isn't a very good Occlumens, but he can tell if someone is trying to read his thoughts." The seven-year-old shook his head. "It's not worth a sore bottom, plus don't you remember what Dad said at home?"

Cam's eyes opened wide and he nodded. "He said if we didn't behave, he'd Apparate us to Uncle Blaise's, and we wouldn't get to see the World Cup. It's not worth that."

"No, it's not, especially when we already know that they are teasing each other about money, jobs or their feelings about Muggles", Thuban added.

Arthur cleared his throat. "Isn't this a little too much? It's larger than your fountain at your manor."

"I'm merely testing it out here. If it is favorable this evening, it will replace the one at Malfoy Manor." Lucius smirked. "Nice robes, Weasley. Did you have to take a loan out to buy them or were they a present from my grandsons?"

"My grandsons indulge my fascination with Muggle technology. Serpens gave me some wonderful used batteries." Arthur smiled at the look of disgust that rapidly crossed Lucius' face. He didn't know what upset the society wizard more, the fact that one of his grandsons held a Muggle item or the fact of where someone would find a used battery.

The red haired wizard felt something in his pocket and decided to add more. He removed a small white item that was 133 mm x 73.9mm x 21.5mm. The wizard opened it and pushed the side. The item made a couple of beeps then the two screens lit up. Arthur used a small quill like item to point at the screen then the item started barking. Lucius couldn't hide his bewilderment.

"Thuban gave me this trinket. He also enjoys playing with this little dog game", Arthur grinned.

-------------*************--------------

"I'll help them", Thuban stated as he pushed the house elf out of the bathroom. "Alright, listen up you lot. All of our grandparents and our parents are taking us to the fair."

Cam moaned. "I hate having so many eyes on us."

Thuban put soap on Leo's hands and helped him rub them together. "We can use this to our advantage. Our grandparents are always trying to outdo each other. They never want to disappoint us when the others are around. If we play it right, we'll get twice the rides and games."

"Mummy always says once is enough. Everyone listens to her, even Grandfather", Serpens enlightened his eldest brother.

Thuban smirked. "We've never gone to a fair with all of them. I'm betting Grandfather and Grandpa won't listen to Mum." He rinsed off Leo's hands and used a washcloth to clean his youngest brother's face. "Here's what we are going to do." Thuban looked into Leo's eyes. "Your role is the most important. Ask to ride the carousel first, have Grandpa stand next to you."

"Want Gramfadder!" Leo demanded.

"I know, and Grandfather wants to be the one to stand by you. That's why you have to do it. Ride the first time with Grandpa. When the ride ends, go ask Grandfather to take you", Thuban said. "He won't be able to say no."

The brothers nodded. "You're smart, Thuban", Serpens admired.

"Thanks, Serps. You go next. We'll go on the Ferris wheel. Only three can fit in a car, so Serpens, you have to go with Grandfather and Grandmother. Cam, when the ride ends, you have to act sad. Whisper to Grandmother that you wanted to ride with her. A couple of tears will help. She's sure to let you go with her again and Mum will let us all go." Thuban checked the hands and faces of his brothers making sure they were clean. "After the first two, the rest will be easy." Thuban gave his brothers a firm glare. "No smirking or winking at each other if it works. Don't let anyone know that we planned this."

The boys nodded again, and the group left the room. Tipsy checked their hands and faces before letting them go out to their parents. Leo ran to his Grandfather. "Fooban clean." Leo showed his hands to Lucius.

Narcissa kissed Thuban cheek. "What a wonderful big brother you are."

"Daddy, may I please walk to the fair?" Thuban asked. "I'll hold Mummy's hand."

"It's a long walk, but you can try."

The seven-year-old took his mother's hand. The other three boys climbed into a large child's wagon. Draco flicked his wand and it started moving magically. The blond wizard placed his arm around his wife's waist and followed the wagon across the field and over a hill. They had been walking ten minutes when the fair grounds appeared in a valley below them.

"It's so big!" Serpens gasped.

"The World Cup Fairs are always large. It's a wonderful place to learn about the French wizarding world's culture. They will be showcasing their foods, wines, arts and other goods made in this country. There is a wonderful display of animals that are raised here also", Lucius informed the boys.

"What's fun about that? It sounds like school work to me", Cam muttered.

Lucius sighed. "There are also rides and games."

"There will be bands playing in the large pavilion at the center all day", Narcissa added.

As they approached the entrance, a wizard in maroon robes handed each witch two pieces of parchment. One was a map outlining the grounds. The other was a list of events.

Ginny opened her map. "The fair rides and games are to our left. There is a collection of beasts just behind them. A puppet theatre is located close by; a twenty minute show starts on every hour and half hour." She paused. "I think that's all we'll get to do with those ones." Ginny nodded at the boys.

"Oh!" Narcissa excitedly breathed. "There is a fashion show tomorrow afternoon. The top French designers will be presenting their new lines." She turned to her son. "You will be watching your sons from one to three tomorrow."

Cam spotted the carousel and pointed it out to his youngest brother. "Remember, Leo."

The toddler stood up in the wagon and pointed to the ride. "Me wide, peas", Leo sweetly smiled and whispered to his father.

"Looks like a nice place to start", Draco replied. He went to collect the toddler.

Leo shook his head. "No, Grampa."

The boy's announcement surprised everyone. Arthur collected the boy before he charged his mind.

"Grandfather, take me." Serpens took Lucius' hand.

Four hours later Draco and Ginny sat on a bench watching their boys get on yet another ride for the second time with their grandparents. "Those cunning little wizards!" Ginny turned to Draco. "I should have figured they were up to something when Thuban helped Leo clean up. That's when they planned this."

Draco shrugged. "And I thought he merely wanted to walk to the fair." A prideful smirk adorned his handsome face. "You have to hand it to them. They are clever little rascals."

She looked into the air. "Slytherins, the whole lot of them. They use any means to get what they want."

He placed his arm around his wife's shoulders. "Not any means, Gin. They got us this time." Draco watched his parents help Serpens and Leo on the flying carpet ride. "Well, they got our parents." He chuckled. "They're so hoodwinked they don't know they've been had."

"There's too much Malfoy in the boys. It would be nice to see a little Weasley."

He scoffed at her. "Don't act so innocent, Ginevra. I've seen you work your father. Besides, both Thuban and Serpens are loaded with Gryffindor courage."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "Stop trying to make me feel better. If you and your father get your way, Thuban won't go to Hogwarts. And Serpens will bribe the entire staff to make sure he's in his Daddy's house."

"Leo will be a Gryffindor", Draco flatly stated.

Ginny kissed his cheek. "That's sweet of you, Love. You even made it sound like you didn't care. But you'd be disappointed if any of our children ended up in Gryffindor."

"I wouldn't mind", he replied firmly before kissing her cheek. "I've realized", he kissed her chin, "that some Gryffindors", he kissed her neck, "are amazing." He kissed where her neck and shoulder met. They got lost in each other eyes from sometime. Draco had just placed a soft kiss on Ginny's lips when two different subtle giggles from behind them got their attention.

"You better stop snogging before Grandmother sees you", Cam giggled. The six-year-old had to cover his mouth to control his fits of laughter. It was comical seeing Grandmother scold his father. His daddy made some of the funniest faces when it happened.

"Grandma's already seen you. She thinks it's cute." Thuban leaned towards his parents. "Can we go back to the broom ride, Dad? Can Mum ride with us?"

Draco pinched the bridge of his nose. "Thuban, your mother can't ride a broom or any ride that spins too quickly until she has the new baby."

"Stupid pregnancy", he muttered and kicked the ground.

"Thuban", Draco sternly said.

"But it is, Daddy. Having a new baby's O.K. I just wish Mummy could fly while it's growing inside her."

Before Draco could reply, he heard the whining voice of his four-year-old. "I want to go see the baby dragons again. Dragons again! Dragons again!" The blond wizard hurried over to the boy scooping him away from Narcissa.

He laid the boy against his chest making sure the boy's head was resting on his shoulder. Draco rubbed his back in the soft soothing motion that never failed to put the boy to sleep.

"They have some wonderful dragons", Draco whispered calmingly. He flicked his wand and the stuffed Hebridean Black Arthur had bought the boy flew to the wizard. "He needs a snuggle, Serpens." The little wizard hugged the toy to his chest and closed his eyes.

"Well, that's two down", Lucius stated pointing out to his son that Leo was asleep in his arms.

Ginny enlarged the wagon and transfigured the picnic basket into a cushion that covered the bottom of it. The two Malfoy wizards placed the sleeping boys in it. The red haired witch kissed her parents. "Thanks for joining us. We best get the boys back to the tent for a nap."

"May I stay with Grandmother, Mummy?" Cam said. "I'll go look at the cultreely things."

"The word is cultural, Cygnus. We would be delighted to watch Thuban and Cygnus, Ginevra", Lucius stated.

"We'd be happy to watch them also, Ginny dear", Molly added.

Ginny smiled. "Thank you. However, Thuban and Cam need a rest also. It's going to be a long day."

The young Malfoy family said their good-byes and head up the hill. This time both Cam and Thuban were walking. "Dad", Thuban started. "Will Grandfather ever stop being jealous of Grandpa?"

Draco stopped and stared with disbelief at his son. "Where did you hear that absurdity? Your grandfather has nothing to be jealous about."

"I didn't hear it. I can see it. Grandfather is jealous. Grandpa has seven children and Grandfather only has you. But that shouldn't matter to him now, because he has us."

"Thuban, your grandfathers have very different beliefs", Draco started.

The boy shook his head. "They're not that different. Grandpa just believes we wizards should leave the Muggles be. You know, be nice to all creatures, great or small. He likes to see what the Muggles invent, but he doesn't go on holiday with them or seek them out as friends.

Grandfather doesn't want to be bothered with Muggles. He doesn't like Muggleborns because they bring too many Muggle ideas to our world. He thinks the Ministry spends too much time worrying about Muggle rights."

The blond wizard sighed. "Thuban, maybe you're right and they aren't that different. But don't count on them becoming any friendlier towards each other. They've been rivals for just under thirty years."

"But Dad, maybe we could…" Thuban started but was cut off by Kenny Crabbe's screams.

"Uncle Draco! Uncle Draco!" Kenny Crabbe jumped into his arms. "I'm staying with you this weekend."

"You are?" Draco asked in a playful tone, grateful for the interruption. He placed Kenny on his hip and tapped the end of his nose. He was wondering where the little boy could have come from when he saw Bill Weasley walking towards them. Behind Bill were Fleur, their two children and Patty Crabbe.

"Yes. Uncle Greg said so."

"I see." Draco turned to Bill. "Hello, Bill."

"It's nice to see you, Draco. Thanks for everything. Our tent is excellent and very spacious. You don't have to take Kenny. Goyle put that…"

Draco shook his head. "Serpens will enjoy having Kenny. Could you keep him for the next two hours? Serpens needs a nap."

"No problem. We were heading for the fair ourselves." Bill turned his attention to the little wizard. "What do you say Kenny, do you want to come to the fair with us or go have a nap at Uncle Draco's?"

"Go to the fair", the boy stated.

"Why do you have the kids, Bill?"

"Goyle Flooed right before we left." Bill grinned. "It seems Crabbe's over that little problem he was having." Bill winked. "He realized he was causing Padma more distress not doing it. So, he took a chance. Everything worked out and they need some time without the children."

"I see." He smirked.

"Yes, well we're watching Patty, and Goyle has Victor. Vincent and Padma will arrive tonight right before the match starts."

--------------*************--------------

A wide collection of witches and wizards were on the ten sites that Draco had rent for his family and Ginny's. Lanterns and numerous decorations circled the sites. Each tent had a food and drink table in front of it, except for the Malfoy tent, which had a dozen tables with house elves making sure that nothing ran out. Anyone attending the World Cup was welcome at the impromptu party. It would have been hard not to receive them. No one would have been able to keep track with over twenty adult wizards and witches inviting people.

There was a place for most types of wizards at the festivity. The jokers, jesters, characters and entertainers were closer to Fred and George's tent. The free spirits, eccentrics and mavericks were by Ron and Luna's tent speaking about fairytales and folklores. The bookworms were by Hermione, the athletes by Charlie, the young witches by Fleur and Ginny, the older witches by the main tent with Narcissa, the young business men by Draco and Bill, while the older business wizards where by Lucius.

The Malfoy patriarch had collected a good sized crowd speaking about the new laws in Great Britain. "They will be our downfall", Lucius stated. "I blame the number of Mud… Muggleborns in the Ministry. They know little about our world. I believe they are not comfortable and are trying to make our world more like the Muggles'. Our customs and traditions need to be preserved."

"Father, this isn't the time for politics." Draco handed his father a tumbler of Firewhiskey. "This is a party, not a political rally."

"With the Ministry's latest actions, it's always time for politics", Lucius replied after taking the tumbler.

"What new laws do you object to, Malfoy?" Arthur Weasley stepped forward. He was not going to sit back and let Lucius gather a following. "The new divorce law? The equal employment law?"

"Both! Do you want our children to behave like Muggles when it comes to marriage? Quitting anytime things get hard?" Lucius eyed the redhead.

Arthur took a step towards his rival. "Did you fear that given time Ginny would decide to divorce your son?"

Molly and Narcissa walked over to the group of wizards. Their husbands' voices were raised and although the wizards had never gotten into a fight at a family gathering, they weren't going to take any chances. The witches hoped that their presence would calm the men.

"My dislike for the law has little to do with my son. Like it or not, Weasley, our children are in love. The law will not impact them. My thoughts are more along the lines of my grandsons." Lucius took a drink of his Firewhiskey. "What will our world be like in twenty years? Marriage is the cornerstone of every society."

"I see no need for new divorces laws, now that forced and arranged marriages are illegal. We already allow annulments in limited cases. I didn't agree with Percy getting a divorce. But when Marietta abandoned her own child, what else could be done?" Molly added.

Narcissa nodded. "Annulling a marriage in cases of abuse or neglect is only right. The Ministry has been doing that for years."

Ginny placed her arm around Draco's waist. "It appears our parents agree on something."

Arthur nodded. "When it comes to divorce. But he hasn't explained why the equal employment law is bad."

"It's a waste of company's time and it forces us to employ wizards and witches based on their blood status", Lucius stated. "I don't have time to see if thirty percent of my workforces are half-bloods and ten percent are Muggleborn. Nor do I think it's right to fire someone so that I have the numbers the Ministry wants."

"You just don't want to hire Muggleborns", Arthur hissed.

"We only hire the department heads and plant directors. They do the rest of the hiring", Draco informed Arthur.

"Which you make sure are purebloods. And in turn purebloods are at the top of your hiring list for all employees", Arthur added.

Thuban, his friends and brothers had come to their parents to ask for permission to set off fireworks. The boys stayed in the background listening, wondering what the two angry wizards would do to each other.

"We never ask blood status. I will remind you that one of my closest friends is a half-blood", Lucius growled back.

"Muggleborns", Arthur stared at Lucius, "are there any in important positions?"

"I wouldn't know. I have never inquired one's blood status." Lucius sneered back at the wizard.

"I don't believe you", Arthur growled.

The seven-year-old Malfoy heir didn't like the looks on his grandfathers' faces. They looked ready to harm each other and he didn't want that. "He does employ a Muggleborn!" Thuban yelled. "Ms. Pance is Muggleborn."

"Thuban?" Ginny softly asked.

"Grandfather can't have asked her because she doesn't try to hide it. She speaks a lot about visiting her parents in Ottery St. Catchpole. The only wizarding families in that area are the Diggorys, Lovegoods, Fawcetts and Weasleys. None of them are her parents. So they have to be Muggles."

"Dad", Ginny started. "Ms. Pance has been Lucius' assistant for many years."

"My apologies. You don't ask", Arthur replied.

"She was the most skilled witch. It never occurred to me that she was anything less than a half-blood", Lucius confessed. "With my history, I would think that no Muggleborn would want to work for me."

"Daddy, it's dark enough now. May we please start the fireworks?" Serpens asked.

"Yes, the fireworks." Draco hoped this would stop the politics for at least a little time. He headed for the twins' tent with the boys.

Thuban pulled on his father's sleeve. The young wizard looked a little frightened. "I didn't want to tell on Ms. Pance, but I thought they were going to fight. You'll make sure Grandfather is still nice to her, right?"

Draco put his arm around his son's shoulder. "She'll be fine. Grandfather won't do anything."

"I shouldn't have told", Thuban looked sadly at his father.

"Thuban, it's alright. I'll keep an eye on her", Draco replied.

In the distance Percy whispered something to Bill. The two wizards headed for Draco. "Have the twins start the fireworks, we have to talk."

The three wizards went into the Malfoy tent. "It appears your father has a point. Tell him, Percy", Bill said.

"I was working late. No one knew I was there. A couple of the new Heads of Departments started discussing Serpens' Summoning Charm on the Muggle ferry. Of course hearing my nephew's name caused me to listen closely. Malfoy, the Ministry has created a potion that will bind a wizard's powers. Because Serpens' magic happened in France, they can't do anything. They're working on a report right now trying to support a new law that requires all children under eleven to take the potion."

"How long do we have until they're finished?" Draco inquired.

"A month, maybe two. It sounds like they have a number of supporters already."

--------------*************--------------

Blaise's head floated in the fireplace at the Malfoy's French villa. "They can't do that! My children will not have their magic bound."

"I'm sure every pureblood feels the same. The Weasleys are informing everyone they know. McGonagall has spoken to most of the older members of the Wizengamot. They are very upset. It seems the Minister for Magic and some of his Heads of Departments are working on new laws and not asking the Wizengamot's opinions. I need you to put a call into our old Ministry spies. They are still very well placed. We need to know what these laws are so we can fight them before they are passed", Draco told his friend.

Zabini laughed, "McGonagall, the Weasleys and the Malfoys. Last time you all teamed up, the Dark Lord fell."

Draco smirked. "It's rare. We need to make sure we stop at least the power - binding law. The Ministry is trying to show how harmful uncontrolled magic by children can be. They have reports from St. Mungo's, detailing every injury caused by it. Pansy still has a number of friends over there. Have her collect data too. Also, see if St. Mungo's has any information about children being saved by their magic."

The blond wizard took a drink of his butterbeer. "Go talk to Joshua Sanders at the Malfoy Potions Unlimited offices tomorrow. He may know something about the binding potion or maybe he can get his hands on it. We need to know how the potion works. I'm betting we'll have more injured children if we bind their powers."

"You know, Malfoy, we need to get our hands on the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad's records. Not only will it show us how big or small the numbers of cases involving children are, it will help identify when magic has saved a child's life", Blaise replied. "When I was eight, I was almost killed by a muggle train. I was playing around the tracks and got my foot caught in the switching rails. Somehow, at the last minute I Apparated out of the way. Over a dozen Muggles saw it. The Reversal Squad had to come."

"Let's do that. It would be good to get stories like yours from Squad members also." Draco took a drink of his butterbeer and tried to relax in his chair. "I think that's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow night. Percy's news was spreading like wildfire through the campsite. We'll know soon where most of the wizarding world stands on this subject." He smiled at his friend. "How are your wife and daughter doing?"

"Outstanding, mate. How are your boys? Will I be getting any visitors?"

"They're brilliant. They conned Ginny and my parents into taking them on every ride at the fair twice. Can't punish someone for being cunning. Other than that, they've been perfect." Draco looked at his watch. "I need to be getting back to them."

--------------*************--------------

Lucius and Narcissa sat in a pair of lounges next to their son's tent. Ginny, her family and Kenny Crabbe were next to them lying on a blanket. She and the five boys were all resting their heads on Draco. Molly and Arthur were sitting on a blanket next to them. Going down the line where Bill and Fleur's family, Ron and Luna, and Hermione's family. When the last firework was extinguished, the Weasleys couldn't help but hear Serpens' excited calls. "Where am I, Daddy? Show me first."

Draco looked into the night sky. He said a spell and the Serpens constellation was outlined in front of the group. "That's Serpens, the serpent."

"It's a funny one. It's in two pieces. Show me mine, Daddy", Cam asked.

"I need to tell Serpens' story first. The constellation isn't in two pieces. It's part of Ophiuchus. He represents Asclepius, the first Healer. The serpent whispered the secrets of healing in his ear. He was so successful in curing the ill and wounded, that Hades began to worry about the declining immigration into the underworld. Hades convinced Zeus to strike Asclepius with a thunderbolt and placed him and the serpent among the stars."

Draco said a spell again and the Cygnus constellation was outlined. "Cygnus, the swan. Cygnus was a devoted friend of Phaethon, the son of the sun god. Phaethon got his father to agree to let him drive his sun chariot, and his reckless driving threatened to destroy the earth. Zeus intervened and hurled a thunderbolt at Phaethon, who fell into the Eridanus River. Cygnus dove into the water in search of the body. Apollo took pity on Cygnus and changed him into a swan, placing him in the heavens."

"Me! Me!" Leo yelled.

"Sorry, Son. Yours can't be seen this time of year. You're Leo, the Nemean lion. The strongest of all beasts and the brother of the Theban Sphinx."

Thuban moved so he was next to Draco's side. "Show yours, Daddy."

Another spell, and the Draco constellation was outlined. The wizard smiled back at his eldest and flicked his wand. The star close to where the heart of the Draco would be lit up. "Draco, the dragon. And that star is Thuban."

The seven-year-old placed his ear to his father's heart. "I'm the dragon's heart," he stated proudly.

"Your mummy chose your name. She's very smart. She knew the truth before I did." Draco hugged Thuban and kissed Ginny.

Seeing this interaction warmed Molly's heart. For the first time she saw how special the Black family tradition was. Draco's short stories added so much. Serpens' constellation helped heal the sick. Cygnus' was a devoted friend. Leo's strong. And Thuban's the heart.

"Mr. Malfoy", Sirius Potter asked. "Could you please show me my star?"

Draco flicked his wand. "Sirius is best seen in the winter sky. It's the brightest of the nighttime stars. It sits in the eye of the constellation Canis Major and is known as the Dog Star. Its name comes from the Latin sirius which means glowing."

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy."

"You're welcome, Sirius."

Ginny whispered another thank you into Draco's ear with promises of a reward for his outstanding behavior.

"Have you thought of any names for the new baby, Ginny?" Molly asked. "I know it's early."

Serpens pointed into the sky. "Scorpius!"

"Good job, son. That's the scorpion", Draco replied.

"No, we should name the new baby Scorpius!" The four-year-old responded.

Ginny and Draco gave each other a sour look. "I think not, son."

"We really haven't discussed names yet, Mum", Ginny answered.

"No time like the present", Draco said before outlining two constellations and a star. "I like Norma… Lyra… and Vega." He paused. "I also like Carina, Mira and Sarin for a witch."

Thuban sat up and studied the outlined items. He appeared to be deep in thought. A grin crossed his face and he turned to his parents. "They're all nice. I like Lyra or Vega. Vega is one of the brightest stars and is part of Lyra. Lyra is a lyre, which plays beautiful music. Daddy will be able to come up with the best stories about either of them. Plus", he pointed to the sky, "The constellations Draco and Cygnus surround them, protecting them in the night sky."

Ginny pointed to the single star, which was part of the summer triangle. "I really like Vega."

"Vega Ginevra Malfoy. Vega Ginevra Malfoy. Vega Ginevra Malfoy", Draco nodded. "I like it."

Ginny shook her head. "Too many 'a' sounds… Vega Molly Malfoy."

"Two many m's" he replied.

"Narcissa would have too many a's", Ginny added. "Well, we have until April. We'll have to keep looking for a middle name."

Draco shrugged his shoulders. "You can keep looking. I'm staying with Ginevra."

The young witch rolled her eyes at her husband. "What names do you like for a boy?"

"Don't need boy's names. She's a girl", he replied confidently.

"Indulge me."

"Pegasus! Hercules!" Serpens offered.

Kenny nodded his head. "I like Hercules. Good stories."

Draco shook his head. "Those names are a little too famous, boys."

"Oh, come on Malfoy. Hercules Malfoy", Fred teased.

George grinned next to his twin. "Hercules Bilius Malfoy. Has a nice ring to it."

Ginny and Draco glared at the twins. Ron raised his brow. "What's the problem? That name's a site better than Pigwidgeon."

"Pigwidgeon's a great name", Cam replied.

Thuban nodded. "He has an awesome name for an amazing owl."

"Be quiet you lot", Ginny ordered her brothers. She turned to her husband. "Honey, what names for a boy do you like?"

The blond wizard cuddled her into his chest. "I've always liked Triton and Perseus. However either Nash or Cetus is fine, Love. You want Septimus for a middle name?"

"Yes, if it's a boy. I'd like his middle name to Septimus."

"If we use Septimus, Perseus and Cetus are out for first names." He paused. "Nash Septimus Malfoy. Nash Septimus…" Draco started.

Ginny interrupted him. "Triton Septimus Malfoy."

"I've never heard a story for the star Nash. There are lots about Triton but it's a moon. Is that still following Black tradition, Grandmother?" Thuban asked.

"Any heavenly body or ancient Greek name is allowed." Narcissa smiled.

"Triton's a better name then", Thuban commanded.

"Mummy likes Nash better. So it will be Nash", Draco directed.

"Triton because you prefer it, Draco", Ginny stated.

--------------*************--------------

Author note: A special thanks to Yiota for her wonderful work at beta reading. Thanks to all my readers and reviewers also. Please take a moment and let me know what you think.

BTW: Can you know what type of Muggle video game Thuban gave Arthur?