Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

Gifts

--------------*************--------------

Draco paced the nursery carrying a crying Leo. Cam walked next to his father. "It's alright, Leo. Mummy will be here soon", he cooed to the toddler before turning to Draco. His tone changed to a demand. "Daddy, help him!"

The blond wizard exhaled, exacerbated. "I'm trying, Cygnus."

"I'm sorry." The six-year-old blond boy backed away.

Draco smiled at him. "I'm sorry, too. Come here, please." He hugged his second born. Leo started crying louder and Draco released Cam, rubbed Leo's back and kissed his cheek. His eyes went to the older boy and he spoke softly and lovingly. "Why don't you help me? I think an ice lolly will calm your brother." He winked at Cam. "You can have one too." Draco turned his attention back to the toddler. "I know little mate, being sick isn't any fun."

"Tipsy!" Cam bellowed, and the elf appeared. "Get Leo a cherry ice lolly and me an orange one, now." She bowed and left the room. The servant reappeared quickly and handed him the items. He quickly handed an ice lolly to his brother.

"Mum mee… My Mum mee", Leo stammered in between licks on his lolly.

"Mummy went to Floo Grandfather. I'm sorry I left your potion at the Manor", Draco voiced while sitting down in the rocking chair. He pulled the child to his chest as they rocked in the large wooden chair. "Your grandfather used to rock me in this chair when I was a little wizard", he spoke softly to his sons.

Cam went over and lay on the rug in front of the fireplace. "Grandfather has an elf come and get it when we stay the night at the Manor. He says it's the best rocking chair. It can put any restless little wizard to sleep." The six-year-old shook his head. "It's a good chair but it doesn't always work. I 'member Serpens crying and crying."

"The word is remember, Son", Draco swiftly corrected the boy. "This chair always decreases the crying. However, I like this chair because I and four little wizards can fit in it at the same time." The blond motioned to the boy with his head. "Come on and join us."

The boy smirked while shaking his head. "You're trying to trick me. Mummy said I could stay up until she returned. She promised to tuck me in. I'm going to stay right here." Cam tried to hide a yawn. "That chair always works for me."

Draco couldn't contain his chuckle. Not only had the boy caught him, but also the child's statement was incorrect. The rocking chair hadn't always worked for the boy. Images of him pacing with his second born as an infant raced through Draco's mind. Cam had to be the loudest crier of all the boys, and he was a fussy baby. It was lucky they had lived at the Manor at the time. There were evenings when both he and Ginny had had enough and he had walked the baby over to his parents.

"You're getting too clever for your old father, Cammy." Draco paused as he felt a cold sticky wet liquid run down his front. He looked down seeing red stains on his white shirt. Looking around for his wand, he remembered it was in the other room. "Cam, I need you to perform a very important task for me. Do you promise to do exactly what I ask?"

The little boy sat up and proudly nodded his head.

The blond smiled at his son. "I need you to go into my bedroom and collect my wand from my bedside table. Walk it into me with it pointed at the floor at all times. Do not flick it. Do not think of any spells. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Daddy", he replied, honored to be trusted with the task. "May I go get it now?"

"Of course. Be very careful. Walk slowly with it."

Cam ran into the next room, but Draco could hear that the boy was walking on his return trip. It was only a moment before he re-entered the room with the wand in his left hand, pointed at the floor.

Draco shifted Leo and reached for his wand. It exchanged hands from son to father without incident. The wizard beamed at his son. "Very good, Cammy. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Daddy", he answered before excitedly asking. "May I please try a Scourgify on your shirt?"

Ginny giggled from the doorway at Draco's expression. "You never practice that charm on items people are wearing, Cam." She smirked at her husband. "You may end up scouring more than the item." The redhead started into the room.

"Don't come in here, Gin. I don't want you to catch his cold", Draco firmly declared.

She walked over to him and placed the potion bottle on the table. "He isn't sick. He's teething. Both Cam and Thuban ran a fever when their molars were coming in. And even if it were a cold, it's not going to harm me."

Draco glared at her. "You're carrying our next child. You must…"

"I don't want to go over this again, Draco. I've always taken care of the boys when I was expecting", Ginny retorted.

"Well, I was naïve back then", he argued. "I'll take care of Leo."

"Merlin, let him, Ginny", Pansy affirmed from the doorway.

"Pansy?"

"Aunt Pansy!" Cam ran over and hugged her legs.

"Hello, sweetheart. Why aren't you in bed?" the dark haired witch inquired.

"Leo's crying woke me. Will you tuck me in?"

She kissed the boy's cheek. "If you run off to your room now. I'll be there in a couple of minutes." The boy nodded and ran off. Pansy turned her attention to Draco. "I've come to steal away your wife, Malfoy."

"Where are you taking her?" he posed, eyeing her with great suspicion.

"Somewhere away from crying children and demanding husbands."

He smirked at his old school friend. "Well, give it a couple of minutes and that place will be here."

She grinned back. "Don't try to con me, Draco… Come on, Ginny."

"Pansy, Leo needs…" Ginny started.

"Gin, you said yourself he's only teething. Draco can handle it. Besides you have to come." Pansy's eyes saddened. "The blues have gotten to Padma. We need to take her out for some fun. I couldn't get her to go until I told her we were taking you out to ring in your birthday."

The redhead looked at her baby boy. Leo had started to nod off as Draco applied the teething potion to the child's mouth. She smiled at the pair. "Draco?"

"Go ahead, Gin. We'll be fine. Padma needs a little time away. You witches have to be forced into the first night away from your newborns."

--------------*************--------------

Ginny, Padma, Pansy, Luna, Hermione and Diane sat at a corner table at the small twenty-four hour café. They were enjoying pie and tea. Pansy looked up at the clock as it chimed midnight. The raven-haired witch laughed. "Happy Birthday, Ginny." The rest of the women chimed in. Pansy giggled, "only pregnant or nursing women would ring in a birthday here."

"Don't curse me, Pansy", Diane hissed. "Last month is still too fresh in my mind."

"What?" Ginny raised a brow at the witch.

The young witch frowned. "I was two days late. I'm never late. When I took the home test it was positive and I couldn't get a Healer's appointment for two weeks. It was totally possible also. Somehow I had forgotten to take my potion one day and", she rolled her eyes, "I let Greg talk me out of making him wear Johnnies." Diane took a drink of her tea. "Well, lucky for me the Healer said I wasn't. The potion I'm taking sometimes gives false positives. But for two weeks I thought I was."

"How'd Greg take the news?" Ginny inquired.

The nineteen-year-old pinched the bridge of her nose. "He was excited when we thought I was pregnant. He was getting ready to move the wedding up to early November. Then he was disappointed when we found out I wasn't. And then he pouted like a baby when I told him he wasn't going to get any unless he wore a Johnny." The young witch sighed. "Merlin knows I'd rather go without them. It feels so much better. But I'm not ready to have a baby."

"Pureblooded Wizards", Hermione growled. "They want to rely on charms and potions. Midwitch offices are full of witches whose wizards made the potion wrong or preformed the charm incorrectly. Now, Muggleborns or half-bloods rely on johnnies and at least carry their own."

Luna stared at the brown bushy haired witch astounded. "Hermione?"

The other witches at the table gawked at Hermione also. The Muggleborn witch glared back at them. "What? It's true!" She turned up her lip and thought. "Well, that's what I hear. I've never had a pureblood."

Pansy coughed to Padma softly so only she could hear. "Not even Ron?"

Ginny developed a sinful grin. "You need a trip to 'Skinship'. It's the shop where we got Luna's hen party gifts. They have some very unique johnnies and loads of different ones. Draco…" The redhead blushed as red as her hair.

Padma laughed. "Draco took it as a challenge to try each one and find the best?"

"He only had to use them for a month", she smirked. "He gave it a good go but we hardly had time."

The dark haired Ravenclaw fanned herself. "We need to talk about something else. I still haven't gotten my clearing from my midwitch."

"It's only been two weeks. Susan had to wait four when she had Sammy", Ginny informed the group. "Pansy, how did you learn about that comedian? She was wonderful, especially for a Muggle. Normally I don't understand half of their jokes", Ginny acknowledged.

"She's a Squib. I went to school with her sister. She told me where Keri was performing tonight", Diane answered. "I thought it would be nice to get outside the wizarding world."

"Keri Meyland is a Squib? I would have never known. Her family is still in contact with her?" Hermione asked surprised.

"Why wouldn't they?" Diane stared at the bushy haired witch.

"I thought wizarding families always disowned Squibs."

Ginny glanced at the Gryffindor, shocked. "Respectable families don't."

"Ginny", Hermione started, frowning at her. "Ron told me years ago that one of your cousins was a Squib and no one talked about him."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "We didn't disown him. He was a second cousin anyway. I don't know the whole story, but I believe he decided to get away from the wizarding world."

"Keri is still very much a part of the wizarding world. Of course she couldn't go to Hogwarts, but it's not like we closed other places off to her", Diane replied. "Her parents and siblings helped her find places like the Leaky Cauldron when she was young. Now her husband helps her."

"She's married to a wizard?" Hermione asked.

"More than just a wizard", Pansy grinned. "She's married to the gorgeous Chaser for the Kestrels. Meyland is only her stage name. What's her real last name, Diane?"

"O'Hare."

"Sweet Merlin!" Ginny responded wide-eyed. "She's married to Cruz O'Hare! If I weren't married and in love, I'd drop my knickers for him."

"You and most of the witches in Great Britain", Padma replied fanning herself again. "We're back on that subject."

Luna giggled, "Poor Padma! And I'm sure Vincent is a really good boy about it."

"Sadly, yes he is. I think he's going to want a written note from my midwitch this time."

Hermione glared at Ginny and Pansy. "Why would a wizard who could get any witch marry a Squib? Did she get him before he was famous?"

"Granger, what's wrong with you? For claiming to be so open minded and smart, you are being very biased. Dumbledore had Hogwarts loaded with Squibs. We don't normally kick Squibs out of our lives, but we don't point them out to people either", Pansy growled.

"I've seen purebloods disown Squibs. I own Number Twelve; there are a number of Blacks removed from their family tree…"

"Hermione, don't judge us all by the acts of a crazy, dead witch. Have you seen the tapestry lately?" Ginny tried to control her anger by placing her hands on the table. "I'm on it, along with my sons and I'm a Weasley, a blood traitor. It was Sirius' mother who disowned those people."

"Many purebloods believe that it's best to marry other purebloods, but we wouldn't throw away a child because it's not magical", Pansy firmly stated.

The bushy haired witch shook her head. "But what of all the documents? Wizards have been placing their Squib children in Muggle orphanages for years. The Malfoys…"

Ginny stood up. "LIES! ALL LIES! Goodness, if people would only think before they spoke. Many wizards and witches don't show signs of magic until eight, nine or ten. You can't tell at birth. So why would Narcissa leave her second son at a Muggle orphanage when he was an infant? I just learned that the baby was stillborn. Narcissa almost died also." She sat down and took a sip of her tea. After taking a relaxing breath, she continued. "They couldn't have hidden a child from Draco for five or ten years like the other stories say." She paused. "Cam, Serpens and Leo all interacted with their brothers before their names appeared in Lucius' magical book. Why would Draco or Lucius allow that if they planned on getting rid of the baby if it was a Squib?"

Pansy spoke softly. "I remember visiting Draco since I was four. I never remember a brother. I do remember my mother once speaking about the rumor that the Malfoy's second born was in a Muggle orphanage. She said even though that was a ghastly rumor, she knew Narcissa wishes it was the truth. Because at least then her son would be alive."

"Lucius is very proud of his grandsons' magical ability, but his love is not based on it. Cam's magic is more powerful the Thuban's, but Thuban has always come first", She grinned. "Well, until Leo that is." Ginny stopped and thought. "You know, having Squibs would have its advantages. I wouldn't have to worry about them taking and using my wand in Gladrags."

"Sweet Merlin", Pansy sniggered. "Clothes were dancing all over the front of the store. No one could figure out what was causing it for a while. Thuban had Cam hidden."

"They were little whelps that day." Ginny set down her cup. "Gladrags got in the latest fall fashions by the way. We should go shopping next weekend."

"Outstanding idea", Padma replied. "I need something new to wear to the World Cup." She smiled. "We got Skeeter's tickets. They're right next to the French Minister's box. I'll be able to wave at you, Ginny."

"I'd rather be with you. I hate being with all those stiff lippers. It's hard to enjoy the game with Lucius clearing his throat every time he thinks the boys are getting too excited."

Hermione turned to her friend with a thoughtful look. "I never really thought about it. But after the Malfoys spoke to Fudge, I don't remember hearing another word out of them at the English World Cup."

"Showing excitement isn't suitable behavior according to Lucius. Draco cuts loose when his father isn't around. I don't know what I enjoy watching more, Draco, the boys or the Quidditch match", Ginny smiled.

"The boys!" Padma answered. "When all of our boys are together watching, their enthusiasm over a Quidditch match is more entertaining than the match itself."

Luna turned and smiled. "Their bum dance is the best. Merlin, I go to the games just to watch them."

"I'm not supposed to know, but they practice. Patty is their choreographer", Ginny informed the group. "They go and hide in the corner of the playroom when they practice. It's so cute watching her order around seven little wizards." She looked at the clock. "Speaking of little wizards, I should be going. My wizards will be up first thing in the morning to wish me Happy Birthday."

"The timing is right for me too, Ginny", Padma stated. "Kali is likely ready to be fed again."

The witches said goodbye to the others and went down the street. Once they were out of sight, they Disapparated.

Ginny reappeared outside Thuban's room. She went into his chamber and found the window open. The summer breeze had turned a little too chilly for the young witch's liking, so she closed the window. She placed a charm on the room so that a warmer breeze drifted over the boy's bed. Thuban had always loved a soft wind and slept best when one was present. The little wizard lay on his back in the same position that he had been tucked in. He remained still as she kissed his forehead and whispered 'I love you.'

Quickly she made her way into Cam's room. He lay on his side facing the door. The boy's favorite toy horse had fallen on the floor. Ginny picked it up and placed it by the boy's side. Her light sleeper opened his eyes and smiled at her. "Thank you, Mummy." He lifted his arms up for a hug and she happily gave it to him. She kissed his forehead and they exchanged 'I love you's.

Her next stop was Serpens' room. The boy was sleeping in a pile of blankets at the bottom of his bed. She relocated him to the top without fear of waking him. He didn't stir, but his grip on his beloved receiving blanket did become firmer. She kissed his forehead and whispered 'I love you'.

She very quietly entered the nursery. She wanted to get a closer look at her youngest son but feared waking him. From the door that led to her room she could see he was sleeping peacefully. For tonight this would have to do, the mother of four knew better than to risk waking a sick or teething toddler. Ginny did not want to spend the next couple of hours putting him back to sleep.

The redheaded witch went straight into her dressing room and closed the door. Her bedroom had been dark and she assumed Draco was already asleep. She readied herself for bed quickly and quietly. Ginny made her way to her bed using only the moonlight coming through the curtains. She had just placed her head on her pillow when she felt shifting in the bed and a possessive arm wrapped softly around her waist. The witch welcomed the warmth of her husband's embrace as he pulled her back into his chest. Her stomach fluttered as his lips made their way to her ear. She longed for his soft caress that would come next.

"Thank Merlin, you're home. I had a bloody time sleeping without you", he whispered in her ear. Surprisingly, he placed his head on the pillow behind her and within seconds she heard the even breathing of her husband sleeping.

--------------*************--------------

Ginny reached for the gingersnap that the house elves placed on her bedside table every morning along with a cup of tea. The ginger quickly settled her stomach. She was only six weeks along and it seemed that her morning sickness was already under control, or so the witch hoped. Ginny was horribly sick when expecting Cam. Luckily she hadn't been that ill with any other pregnancy. They seemed to be getting easier.

Maybe the Muggle book was right, she thought. According to it, extreme emesis occurred when the expecting mother was under a great deal of stress. Her pregnancy with Cam was nerve-wracking. Thuban was only two months old when she became pregnant. She wasn't sure if Draco was or would be a good father. And she thought she was a terrible mother. Ginny believed letting Draco impregnate her so soon wasn't good for Thuban.

With this baby, she had no worries. The witch knew if she took care of herself, the baby would be healthy. She was also very sure that she was a good mother and her husband was a wonderful father. Life inside their home was going brilliantly. No matter what the outside world tried to do to bring disarray into their lives, it couldn't.

Rita's articles caused the couple to cling to each other, not pull them apart. The reporter had written that both Ginny and Draco had affairs. Skeeter had even gone as far as saying that Draco was not Leo's father. Draco had been surer of Ginny's fidelity than she had been of his. But she chalked her minor questioning up to pregnancy hormones. A smile crossed her face as she felt her husband move behind her. In the last two months the witch had learned that no matter what life threw at her, she would be fine. The love she shared with her wizard would see her through.

Still half asleep, Draco gathered his wife into his arms. He pulled her back flush against his front and softly touched her abdomen. His thoughts went to the child growing inside of the beautiful red head. There was no denying that he wanted this baby more than any of his others. He loved his four sons deeply, but they were created more out of family obligation. This one was created purely because of love.

Ginny sighed as Draco kissed her cheek. "Good morning, Love. Happy Birthday. How are you feeling?"

"Fine but still tired." Ginny turned her head and kissed him.

He slid down her body, placing his head on her tummy. "Good morning to you too, sweetie. It's your mummy's birthday. Do me a favor and be nice to her today. Daddy loves you." He kissed her belly, moved back up her body and softly kissed her lips. "I've changed my mind. We can have as many as you like."

She ran her fingers through his hair as he rested his head on her chest. "Have as many what as I like?"

"Babies, love. I know we agreed on only three more or a girl, but…" He paused. "Ginny, I love you. Whatever makes you happy makes me happy. Merlin knows we can afford to fill every bedchamber in the house."

Ginny beamed and giggled. "You want to father a herd of children?"

He eyed her with great sincerity. "I want us to be happy. There's no reason on my part why we can't have more children. I mean, it's mostly you. I was being selfish. The more children we have, the less time you'll have for me."

"I've gotten fond of spending time with you too. I enjoy our private walks and afternoon teas in the gardens. I'll always have time for you no matter how many children we…" Rapid knocking came for the nursery door and the sitting room door. "Come in", she replied after removing the locking charm.

Cam ran in from the sitting room while Serpens and Leo came in from the nursery. The three little wizards jumped on the bed and hugged their mother. "Happy Birthday, Mummy!" they yelled.


Thuban appeared in the door with a tray. A red rose adorned it along with a bowl of fresh fruit and glass of juice. "Mum", Thuban whispered. "Are you feeling up to some food yet?"

The boy placed the tray on her lap and kissed her cheek. "Good Morning, Mum. Happy Birthday." He turned to Draco. "Dad, I need you for a couple of moments."

Draco nodded. He and his sons kissed the lovely red head and left the room. By the time Ginny had finished her fruit, her five wizards had returned with a second tray. Thuban removed the empty bowl and Draco replaced it with a plate full of English pancakes, bacon and sausage. He and his sons joined her on the bed. The whole family nibbled on the food as they animatedly chatted.

"I helped Grandma make your cake", Serpens stated with glee.

Cam sat up and proudly stuck out his chest. "I wrote Happy Birthday on it. I didn't need any help spelling it either."

"I frosted the cake", Thuban added. "Plus I watched everyone outside while the cake was baking. You can't run in the Burrow when a cake is baking or it will fall." He saw his father's puzzled expression. "Grandma said they call it falling when a cake isn't light, fluffy and airy."

Draco rolled his eyes. "I know the expression." He paused before firmly adding. "You shouldn't be running inside any house, cake baking or not. You are to be on your best behavior when you're visiting others' homes."

"We are good at others' homes. But the Burrow's Grandma's home, so that's just like being here or at the Manor", Cam stated, and the other boys nodded in confirmation.

Draco pinched the bridge of his nose and was about to respond when he noticed the wide grin on Ginny's face. It was the first time the boys referred to her childhood home in that way. He took a breath and smiled at her. "I'm sure your Grandma's cake will be wonderful", he replied.

"Lick spoon", Leo said and then rubbed his tummy. "Yummy!"

Thuban looked at the empty tray and moved it to the bedside table. "It's time for your presents, Mum."

Serpens handed her his gift. She unwrapped it to find a ball of yarn. The witch smiled and didn't show her puzzlement as she kissed and thanked him. Leo handed her his gift. Unwrapping it, she found a small stuffed mouse. Again, she kissed and thanked the boy. When she opened Cam's present, which was a brown pillow, she had a harder time containing her disappointment, but she did. She wondered what was wrong with Draco. He always made sure the boys choose wonderful gifts. The witch quickly shook that thought from her head. She was becoming more and more a Malfoy, caring more about the quality of the gift and not the thought behind it.

Draco handed her his gift. She quickly opened it to reveal a small pink collar with diamonds on it, along with a bell. The item was too small for Rani. The witch could not longer conceal her bewilderment. She looked up to see her wizards smirking and giggling into their hands.

"Did you figure it out, Mum? What your real present is?" Thuban asked.

She shook her head and Thuban placed a small little animal on her chest. "It's a Sphynx, a hairless cat. She doesn't make Serpens sneeze."

The small kitten was black with white paws, a white belly, a white face and deep blue eyes. It instantly cuddled up under Ginny's chin.

"Thuban thought about it. He remembered that you liked cats. He found out about that type of cat", Cam added.

"She has to stay inside most of the time. She can't be out in the cold and she can get sunburned", Thuban told her. "The breeder gave us this book."

Ginny placed the collar on the cat and kissed its forehead. "Thank you."

"What's her name, Mummy?" Serpens asked.

"Let's see. Rani means queen, so I think she should be Princess", Ginny replied with a smile before kissing and thanking Thuban for her gift. She looked at the wonderful wizards in her life. "Princess is a wonderful gift. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, Love. Now, you better start getting ready. Your family will be here in thirty minutes." Draco shoed the boys off the bed. "We'll see you outside soon."

--------------*************--------------

Ginny sat at a round table in the gardens of Black Hall chatting with a collection of other witches. It was a testimony to how much each witch cared for her that they weren't bickering. These women were so different in their beliefs, that disagreements were unavoidable. It was more than their views on Muggles and blood purity. But today the witches were making sure that Ginny's birthday went well.

The table had been magically enlarged to fit the group of ten. From left to right sat Luna, Fleur, Pansy, Diane, Hermione, Penny, Padma, Narcissa, Ginny and Molly. Rosetta and Sophie sat in their bouncer chairs in front of their mothers, while Kali slept in the sling Padma wore.

"I can have an elf bring out a Moses basket, Padma", Ginny offered.

The Indian witch looked lovingly down at her two week old daughter. "No, thank you, Ginny. If I put her down, Vincent will only scoop her up." She sighed. "That wizard can't keep his hands off of her and she doesn't rest well when he's walking around with her."

"He sounds like Blaise", Pansy said with a smile. "They mean well, but they are clueless about a number of baby things."

Ginny grinned. "But give them a potty trained child and they do wonders."

Molly nodded. "Your father's the best with children two to ten. I think that's because every wizard still has a little boy inside them." The portly witch took a drink of her tea. "Arthur is good with them past ten also; he's just a little too soft. I always had to be the firm hand."

"Speaking of potty training", Padma inquired. "How are Lucius and Draco doing with Leo?"

Narcissa huffed. "Leo, the poor dear, is trying so hard to please his Grandfather and Father, but it's just too soon. They'll listen to us next time."

"Both Draco and Lucius told him it was OK to go back to nappies, but he refuses to wear them when he's wake. Lucky for me they've come out with especially charmed trainer pants. They can hold as much as a nappy", Ginny finished.

"That's a wizard for you, always starting things they couldn't finish", Fleur added with only a faint French accent.

"Not finishing", Pansy giggled, as she blushed. "That's something Blaise never had a problem with until Rosetta was born."

"Must your mind always be in the gutter, Pansy?" Luna questioned.

"Yours must be there too, Luna. Goodness, you're in the same shoe as I am, I bet. Any little sound from Rosetta's monitor during an intimate moment and Blaise deflates."

Narcissa placed her cup in its saucer. "Wear a lovely semi-revealing silk nightgown to bed for a week, tease him, but offer no relief. By weekend that problem will go away."

Most of the witches gaped at the affluent aristocratic witch in disbelief that a woman of her standing would speak of such things. Ginny smirked quickly while Padma frowned. Hermione's eyes locked questioningly on her redheaded friend.

"It's sound advice", Ginny replied flatly. "It worked for me."

"Leaping leprechauns, when I get married, I know where to come for suggestions!" Penny said with great humor in her voice.

Luna raised an eyebrow at her old Ravenclaw housemate. "Trying to tell us something, Penny?"

She grinned and flipped her long curly hair. "Well, I'm not letting him get away this time. I don't like the idea of being an instant mother, but Preston is a wonderfully loving little boy." Penny glanced at Molly. "Thanks to you, Molly." She looked back at the others. "We'll work it all out. Percy needs a little more time."

Diane sighed. "I understand the instant mother thing. But you have it easier. You only have one and he's not quite two. Try mothering a seven year old when you are only nineteen! The age difference between Greg and myself isn't a problem. I act four years older than I am and Greg acts four years younger than he is. So we meet in the middle." The witches that knew Greg Goyle best giggled and nodded in agreement. "It's the age difference between Greggy and me." The young witch paused for a moment and then sighed. "But I love Greg, so I'll work through all of that. I'm happy he already has his heir. Pregnancy and childbirth aren't for me."

"I hated it", Pansy agreed. "I'd stop with one, but Blaise wants a boy." She sneered. "But he's on notice that he only gets one more try."

"I enjoy pregnancy", Ginny started.

Pansy cackled, "That's obvious! Merlin, Weasley, you're too strong and clever a witch to let Draco knock you up more than once if you didn't enjoy it." The ladies giggled freely at this statement.

Their giggles were interrupted moments later by a shout from Thuban. "Please, Leo. Please get back. Why don't you and Preston go play in your play-yard?"

The boys had been playing in the yard doing their best not to cause problems. But Leo and Preston kept knocking down the towers the older boys were building. The toddlers didn't mean to do it. They were trying to help. Thuban made a face and his ears turned red, a sure sign that the little wizard was about to lose his temper. Seeing this Draco decided it was time to remove the problematic toddlers from the group.

He squatted by the collection of boys. "Leo, Preston. Let's go play on swings."

"Pay Foo", Leo replied shaking his head.

Thuban, Cam, Gabe, Victor, Greggy, Gary and Sirius rolled their eyes and sighed. Draco took the hands of Leo and Preston. "Why don't you go practice catching snitches? Grandfather says he can catch more than you."

"I catch them", Preston replied. "I get more you, Unc Dray." The toddler nodded.

Leo pulled away from his father and crossed his arms. "I more." The toddlers headed for the playground.

Draco turned to the four year olds. "Uncle Blaise was saying he's the best Exploding Snap player. I think you two should go practice, so you can beat him later." This caused Kenny and Serpens to run off. "If you boys want a little peace, the play area by the guest house would be good. Be back in an hour and be nice to each other."

Cam smiled. "We'll be good. Thanks, Daddy." The other boys didn't respond. They merely ran as fast as they could, taking no chance in the blond wizard changing his mind.

"Nice job, Malfoy", Bill stated. "They were moments from fighting."

"He did OK", Goyle added. "But I think a game of Quidditch would have worked better."

"Wouldn't work, Cam has little patience for Serpens and Kenny's flying skills", Draco responded. "Plus, this way Ginny can open her gifts." The group of wizards walked over to the witches. "Gin, why don't you open your gifts while the children are busy?"

"Great idea, Draco", Pansy responded. "Mine isn't for children's eyes."

Ginny winked at Draco and then looked at Pansy. "I'll open yours first." She slowly unwrapped the gift by removing the ribbon, detaching the tape, neatly removing the paper and folding it up. The whole time Draco impatiently tapped his foot. She opened the wooden box to reveal a collection of massage oils and skin creams.

The blond wizard groaned softly and whispered to his mate. "That's not a gift, it's work."

"It's a gift for your wife, you git. What did you think it was, sexy lingerie?" Pansy snored.

"A wizard can dream", he retorted.

The redhead unwrapped her parents' gifts, revealing a hand knitted scarf and mittens from Molly along with one of her favorite plants from the Burrow to be transplanted at Black Hall. Narcissa and Lucius got her perfume designed especially for her, along with some maternity clothing designed for her by the top wizarding designer in the world. The other items she received were a lovely clutch purse, sports bag, novels, figures, candles, bath oils and various plants for her garden.

Ginny had just thanked everyone for their gifts when Luna pulled a shirt-sized box out from under the table. "After our little chat last night the girls and I thought you would like this."

The mother of four laughed as she looked in the box.

"What is it, Ginny?" Ron asked.

She removed the long emerald-green sleeping gown that had two yellow Ks back to back on it. The young witches at the table grinned. Ginny turned a little red.

"That doesn't make any sense. She's a Holyhead Harpies fan", Ron pointed out.

Blaise elbowed Draco. "Let's see the back, Ginny."

The red head blushed deeply but turned the gown around to reveal that the name O'Hare with the number ten was on the back.

Many of the wizards chuckled. Greg turned to Draco. "So, he's your wife's fantasy shag."

Draco gritted his teeth. "My wife doesn't fantasize about shagging other wizards. I keep her very happy."

"Whatever you say, mate. But she's going to bed with O'Hare tonight..." Vincent paused then added, "on her back."

"I'll have it off her before the sheets are warm", Draco smirked.

Ron put his hands over his ears and closed his eyes. "Stop it. I don't want to hear anymore." The group of wizards around him chuckled. He turned to his brothers. "That's our baby sister he's doing that with."

"She doesn't seem to be objecting", Fred stated.

"You can restrain yourself", Ron growled at Draco.

"Be nice Weasel or I just may not give Ginny one of her presents", Draco advised.

"Well, if it's the same present you gave her at the beach house last month, I'll gladly be a pain", Ron grinned.

Draco removed an envelope from his pocket. "This will shut you up." He walked up to his wife and sat next to her.

Ginny smiled at him. "What's this?"

"A special gift from me to you."

She opened the envelope. Her eyes went wide and tears formed in them. The red haired witch removed a number of tickets and stared at her husband. "I thought… You said…"

He kissed her cheek. "I can be an arse at times. The view of the game is better from the Minister's box. It would be quieter there too. But the view of you will be much pleasanter in these seats."

"World Cup tickets? Why so many?" Ron asked.

Ginny wiped her eyes. "I told Draco I wanted to take you lot to the World Cup, considering it's just in France." She turned to Draco. "Did you get the camp sites too?" He nodded and Ginny continued. "It's been ages since we saw a World Cup game as a family."

"We've only done that once", Charlie added. The memories of that event quickly ran through everyone's mind, causing sneers to be passed between Arthur and Lucius. Arthur had always thought that Lucius was among the Death Eaters torturing the Muggles.

"All that nastiness is behind us", Molly interjected, trying to lighten the mood.

The thoughts of that day so many years ago that went through Draco's mind were very different however. "I'm glad for that!" he smirked. "Now I can stare at Gin's lovely behind all I want without worry."

This statement instantly changed the mood. "I was only thirteen", Ginny hissed.

"I was only fourteen", Draco replied. "And it was damn hard not to stare when you were learning over the edge. You couldn't keep your bum in the seat for long as I recall. It was bloody distracting." He took a drink of his butterbeer. "I was scared to death. Father was sitting right next to me. He would have killed me if he saw me staring at you. But I couldn't help myself." He smirked and whispered. "You've always had a lovely bum."

Lucius shook his head. "Always wanted forbidden fruit, didn't you boy?" The older blond wizard kissed Ginny's cheek. "Happy Birthday, Ginevra. I couldn't be happier with Draco's choice."

"Malfoy, you don't plan on staring at Ginny's behind at this World Cup?" Ron shuddered.

Draco chuckled, "I think I'll watch the match… or most of it. My access to that view isn't limited anymore."

--------------*************--------------

Draco Apparated into the family parlor to find Ginny sitting on the sofa wearing one of his older white dress shirts. She had the wizarding telly on and a hand knitted blanket across her legs. He placed the sack in his hand on the table and sat next to her. Once he was sitting in the corner of the sofa, she lay down, placed her head into his lap and covered herself with the blanket.

"Are you sure this is the way you want to spend your birthday?" Draco asked. "I have tickets for that Muggle play 'Equus' you wanted to see."

"I just want to enjoy the peace and quiet." She looked up at him. "And being with you. Why don't you Owl the tickets over to Hermione. She thinks that Muggle actor Dan Radcliffe is ducky and she's free tonight. Harriet is sleeping over at Bill's with Brittany, and Sirius is at the Burrow. That way the tickets won't go to waste."

"I'll have a house elf take them if you're sure you want to stay home."

Ginny leaned up and kissed him passionately. "I'm sure", she said once she broke the kiss. "I may want you to run out and get me something to eat."

He raised a brow at her. "I've already collected the Bangers and Mash you wanted from that pub in Bath."

"That's a good start." She rubbed her belly. "Your baby wants chocolate éclairs for afters."

"Is there any special bakery my child would want these éclairs from?"

Ginny smiled. "Manchester has the best."

He ran his fingers through her long red mane and smirked. "Mother has dozens of them at the Manor for her luncheon tomorrow. And she's at the Davies' Ball tonight. I'll send an elf for them." Draco placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Love you, Gin."

"Love you back", she replied. "It's been a wonderful day, Draco. Thanks for always making my birthday special."

"You're welcome. I do it for myself, really. I get pleasure from watching you smile."

"So everything is about you, then?" she asked teasingly.

"Why of course. A happy Ginny makes a happy Draco", he smirked.

"Well keep thinking that way and we'll have a very happy life."

--------------*************--------------

The sounds of young laughter rang across the fields of the Burrow. Molly couldn't help but smile as the sound made contact with her ears. The witch was sent back almost twenty years to the time when her sons and nephews' laughter filled the air of her home. She missed having a house full of little wizards. The Weasley matriarch was at her best in these times. With a flick of her wand the biscuits sailed from the oven into the basket, with another flick the pumpkin juice and glasses flew in after. The witch hummed to herself as she left for the fields.

From the top of the hill she could see her sons, grandsons, their friends and her husband. She sighed at the sight in front of her. That would be some mess to clean up. Then a devilish idea crossed her mind and she summoned her camera. Quickly, she moved to her two youngest grandsons. "Leo sweetheart, give Grandma a big smile." She clicked a few photos of Leo by himself before taking a number of him with his cousin Preston. The witch turned to her husband. "I can't wait to show these at the Ministry party next month."

"Molly?" Arthur flatly stated. "Do you think that's wise?"

"It shouldn't be a problem. I'm his grandmother also. Narcissa is always flaunting photos of Ginny's boys."

"Yes, but… Those are photographs of the boys."

"She has photos of them flying and horseback riding", Molly grinned.

Arthur pointed to the two toddlers that where playing in a miniature portable swamp. Both were covered from head to toe with mud. "I'm sure Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy…"

Leo's eyes opened wide and he looked around excitedly. "Gamfa! Gamfa!"

The red haired wizard beamed at the toddler. "Aren't you a bright one! You know your Grandfather's name. He's not here, little mate. Go back to playing." The boy went back to his mud pies and Arthur turned to Molly. "You are always reminding our boys not to upset the Malfoys. I'm sure everyone at the Ministry seeing Leo covered in mud will not please them."

"I'll only show them to my friends then. I want people to know that my grandsons are normal little wizards. They can't be clean all the time", Molly grinned before pointing to the wizards in the distance. "I thought they were playing Quidditch."

"Yes, well… Draco was right. Cam has no patience. He wouldn't stop complaining about Serpens and Kenny's flying. Gabe and Sirius weren't much better. Thuban, Greggy and Victor zoomed around without a care for anyone's safety. They were merely focused on scoring. Gary just sat back laughing as Fred, George and Charlie tried to keep the boys from crashing into each other. So they finial decided to invent a game. That's why we have the swamps. This small one is for the babies", he pointed by the older boys, "and a full size one for the others." Arthur chuckled. "It's an easy game. You can only fly three feet high and the object is to try to knock each other into the swamp."

Ami, Serpens' enchanted dragon flew close to Serpens and Kenny, chasing away anyone who tried to get close. Ami couldn't keep the two boys safe. Thuban had teamed up with Victor, Greggy and Gary. Between the four of them, two were able to distract the dragon long enough so that the others could knock into the four-year-olds. Thuban and Victor only nudged their younger brothers softly into the swamp and quickly helped them back on their brooms.

Thuban whispered something in Serpens' ear causing the little wizard to smile. Within moments, Ami was chasing after Charlie. The oldest Malfoy boy then went and spoke with Gabe and Sirius. Gabe flew over to Victor while Thuban and Sirius talked a little time longer before Thuban flew away by himself. The Malfoy boys and their friends flew off after Fred and George but were joined shortly by Gabe and Sirius. In no time the three fully-grown Weasley wizards were sitting in the swamp. From the air the young boys laughed.

Fred grinned and then flicked his wand a couple of times. The swamp disappeared and the Weasley brothers were clean. "It seems that we get the last laugh, little mates."

"Yes, you see that basket-", George pointed to the basket next to Molly.

"-Is full of biscuits."

"And here at the Burrow there's one important rule about biscuits."

"Your face and hands have to be clean before you can have any."

The Weasley wizards laughed at the outraged looks from the little boys. Gabe and Sirius started to protest while Thuban whispered to the others and they headed for Molly.

"Grandpa, Grandma, will you please help us clean our face and hands?" Thuban politely asked. Arthur placed a Scouring Charm on each while Molly transfigured rocks into washcloths and towels so the boys could clean better. Molly and Arthur were busy cleaning Leo and Preston when Gabe and Sirius came over to the group. Thuban handed Gabe his washcloth and towel. "You should know better then to argue with them. You might as well skip the Scouring Charm; Grandma will still make you wash by hand."

"You could have said something to us", Sirius growled at Thuban.

"Why would you want to listen to a stupid Malfoy?" Thuban sneered back while flaring his nostrils. "That's what you said in the air. Wasn't it?"

"Your plan was dumb. It was my way that got Uncle Fred into the swamp." Sirius turned up his nose. "You flew off hoping to get my biscuits."

Thuban smirked. "You're merely upset because I proved I was smarter than you." He tapped Victor's back. "Crabbe, let Potter use your washcloth and towel. It's cleaner than the others'."

Victor held out the items. Sirius scanned the other boys' towel before begrudgingly taking them. He hated it when Thuban was right. Sirius knew that he was smarter than any of the Malfoy boys. He was a Potter after all. His dad was better than Draco Malfoy at Quidditch and magic. Plus when it came to smarts, his mother was smarter than Draco Malfoy too. Sirius just knew he was better then Thuban.

"Very good job, boys", Molly stated after checking all of their faces and hands. She waved her wand and a blanket appeared on the ground. The children sat down first. Fred and George quickly joined them, each moving a boy out of their way so that Thuban was sandwiched between them.

"You may have more supporters than us now", Fred whispered.

"But that won't always be the case", George added.

"Bad form, Thuban. We'll have you alone tonight."

"Something may just slip into your bed."

Thuban laughed. "Nothing will slip into my bed. My mum and grandma will kill you if anything bad happens to any of us."

Fred took a biscuit off of Thuban's plate. "George, he's getting too smart for us."

"Not that smart. We can make things unpleasant for him without Ginny harming us."

"As long as it's all in fun, I won't mind", Thuban chuckled.

--------------**********************-----------------