Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

The World Cup Part 2

--------------*************--------------

Cam and Thuban sat on the steps in the foyer. Each was dressed in Falcons' Quidditch robes and they held their brooms in their left hands. They sighed as another group of wizards was shown into the parlor to their left. The boys saw Draco briefly before the door was closed. People had been coming and going all morning long. The boys had no idea what was going on in the room. It had been charmed against the Extendable Ears.

Gabe came out of the sitting room to the boys' right. "Aren't you guys going to come and play? Everyone is in here." The eight-year-old pointed where the Potter children, Crabbe children, Goyle children, Weasley children plus Serpens and Leo were. The house elves Tipsy and Nan were watching them.

"My dad promised to take us flying and we're waiting for him", Thuban firmly stated.

"My dad said they'd be busy all morning and maybe most of the afternoon, so you might as well come and play." Gabe motioned for the boys to follow him. When they didn't, he turned towards them again. "Stop being pigheaded! This is the last time one of us is going to come and get you. Victor and Greg's dads told them the same as mine. Your dad isn't coming. He's already late."

"Daddy promised. He's skived out of many meetings to be with us", Cam answered.

"Have it your way. But you'll be sitting there, waiting until three." Gabe walked to the doorway where Greg, Victor and Gary waited. The four boys whispered something to each other before going back to the sitting room.

The hallway clock started to chime eleven. Thuban hardened his features and headed to the parlor door. He took a deep breath and exhaled before knocking. It was Lucius that answered the door, stepped into the hallway and closed the door behind him. "Is there a problem, Thuban?"

"I need to speak to my dad", he tried to demand.

"Your father is very busy. What do you need?" Lucius asked impatiently.

Thuban tried his best to speak with authority like he had seen his father and grandfather do when they were denied an audience. "I need to speak with my father."

Lucius' expression was soft and his voice was calm. "I assure you, Thuban. I can assist you with your problem. Your father is very busy this morning dealing with matters of great importance."

"I'm confident that you can't assist me, Grandfather, only my father can." Thuban stared into Lucius' eyes after his reply.

The wizard's face changed from pleasant to firm. His eyes went from the peaceful gray to dark black. "Thuban, what do you need?" Lucius demanded.

"I need to see my…" Thuban's bottom lip started to quiver, "dad."

"He's detained at the moment", Lucius growled.

Thuban's self-control failed him and tears started to slowly run down his face. Lucius handed the boy a handkerchief and scowled. Just like his father, Lucius thought. It was Narcissa's fault. She pampered the children. "Merlin, boy, there's no reason to cry. Get a hold of yourself."

The seven-year-old took a number of steadying breaths and wiped his face. He didn't know what to do now. There was no way past his grandfather. Luck was on Thuban's side. The door opened again and his grandmother appeared. Narcissa took one look at the boy and threw her arms around him. "Thuban darling, what's wrong?"

"I need to see my daddy." Tears ran freely down the boy's face again.

"Thuban, control yourself. Narcissa, let's move this to the dinning room", Lucius whispered.

She placed the boy in her arms and swept down the hall. Lucius followed the pair. "What's wrong with him?" she asked her husband.

"He won't tell me. He merely keeps requesting Draco."

The blonde witch rolled her eyes. "Get him Draco."

"Narcissa, Draco's presence is very important. He doesn't have time…"

She barked at her husband. "One always has time for their child. We need a break anyway. Have the house elf serve tea and send Draco here."

"Cissy", he hissed, biting back a harsher response. "I will do as you ask, only because a break is truly needed. But we will discuss this matter later." Lucius turned on his heel, leaving the room before she could get a word in.

Thuban said nothing to his grandmother. She ordered him pumpkin juice and biscuits, and then rumbled on about the lovely weather and other non-important matters. The little wizard wasn't listening to her. His thoughts were on his grandfather. The man wasn't happy when he left the room.

At first Thuban hadn't noticed that Narcissa's voice had changed to a whisper and that it was no longer directed at him. The boy was shocked to see Draco in the room and once again tears started down his face.

Draco moved quickly to his son's side and pulled him into his chest. "Hey mate, what's this all about?"

"You promised Daddy! You never break a promise!" Thuban words were clear even though tears were flowing. "You promised to take us flying at ten thirty. You never came and you never said why you couldn't."

"I'm sorry, Thuban." Draco wiped the boy's face. "I thought your mother had told you."

"I only want a little of your time. Please take us now", Thuban pleaded.

Draco softly caressed the boy's cheek. "My meeting is very important. I can't leave. We'll be done before the World Cup, but flying will have to wait."

"Ain't Cam and I more important to you than a silly meeting?"

The blond hugged his son. "You boys and your mother are more important than anything. This meeting is about your future, which makes it more important than keeping a promise to take you flying."

"Can't Grandfather…"

"No."

"If you loved me…"

Draco took a step back and stared into his son's eyes. His voice was firm but loving. "Thuban, I would rather fly with you and Cam than be in that meeting. However, I will not trust anyone, not even Grandfather to ensure the matter of your and your brothers' well being."

--------------*************--------------

It was an odd collection of witches and wizards in the Malfoy tent's parlor, members of the Order of the Phoenix on the right and former Dark Lord Supporters on the left. Although Draco and Ginny were among the youngest in the room, they held a special role. They were mediators of a sort. Without them, the two groups wouldn't listen to one another.

"What we need is government reform. The Minister has too much power. We need to add checks and balances", firmly stated a dark haired wizard on the left side.

"Stop speaking of reform, Jugson. This meeting is for assigning duties, so we can identify what the Minister is trying to do. Knowing how they plan on convincing people that the Power Binding Potion law is in their best interest is our first objective", Kingsley Shacklebolt stated firmly.

"You only want to go after the Binding Potion, Kingsley, because your son will be the first on the list to receive the potion", Jugson spouted.

"Making sure that no child receives the potion should be our goal", Draco firmly stated.

"The Shacklebolt boys have never had problems with controlling their magic. They're all over nine. Why would…" Ginny started.

Jugson grinned. "Keith Shacklebolt is a known firebender. What's more dangerous than that?"

Ginny sighed, "He can control…"

The dark haired wizard laughed. "The problem with you Dumbledore followers is you can't see what's really going on."

"That's enough, Jugson", Lucius ordered.

Draco leaned over and whispered to Ginny. "Don't look so concerned. Thuban is safe. He is not known. McGonagall and Snape would not let that information out." He turned to the group. "No matter what the Minister's reason is for this law, we need to stop it. We have to work together." The blond wizard handed each person in the room a piece of parchment. "These are the tasks we discussed this morning. Let's assign them and decide on our next meeting's date and location."

--------------*************--------------

The area in front of the Quidditch stadium was full of saleswizards. They were selling Quidditch related items along with artwork, crafts, jewelry and animals native to the countries playing in the world cup. Draco had spotted a magnificent blue opal jewelry set and set off for a closer look.

"Those are very pretty", Cam stated. "Mummy will like those." The boy looked around the table and pointed to a box not far away. "Those cufflinks match them too."

"Ah, you have an eye for the unique. Blue Opals are not only beautiful, but they also have soft, relaxing energies, softening the impact of stress from the outside world and helping one to release the trauma of old wounds. It facilitates facing the future with a tranquil healing nature", the saleswizard responded. "These items were handcrafted by Peruvian wizards."

"Daddy, look", Serpens purred. "They're so cute. May I have one?" The four-year-old pointed to a cage that contained a number of vizcachas.

"We have enough pets at home, Serpens."

"Please, Daddy." Serpens batted his eyes in a pleading fashion.

"No." Draco firmly told the boy. The boy's eyes went to his Grandpa Weasley two vendors away. Draco caught the look. "And don't you even think of asking your Grandpa. You lot already have two cats at the Burrow."

"May we get a breeding pair? Vizcachas fur is popular in cloak linings. We can start a business", Thuban added, not really wanting to raise the animals for the fur but looking for another way to get the cute creature that looked like a cross between a bunny and squirrel.

The blond wizard chuckled. "Nice try, son. The answer is still no."

Thuban shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry, Serpens. I tried." The seven-year-old turned to his father. "Those are brilliant. Mummy will like them. Are they a surprise or may we tell her?"

"Surprise. Would you boys like to select something for your mother?" Draco asked.

Cam and Thuban whispered to each other then pointed to a vendor not far away to their left. "Mummy looked over there a long time. She told Aunt Fleur that she'd like part of her garden to have topical plants. She liked all the plants, but the golden one the best. Right, Thuban?" The older boy nodded.

"She'd like to have one of those." Serpens pointed at an Andean cat.

Draco purchased the jewelry, placed it in his robe pocket and turned the boys to the plants vendor. "I think the plants are a better idea."

The group made their way to the flowering plants. Each boy selected two for their mother. Draco had just sent the purchases to Black Hall with a couple of house elves, when Ginny and her family walked over to them.

"Are you lot ready to find our seats?" Ginny asked.

Serpens hugged Ginny's legs. "Daddy's being mean. He wouldn't buy us anything."

Draco growled at the boy before turning to his wife. "It was their selections I had a problem with. Let's see… They asked for Beater's bats, Bludgers, four different racing brooms, live animals and a wand."

"It wasn't just any wand. It was made from the Giant Sequoia. They're the biggest trees in the world and very magical. The Sonic 2010 and Beater's bat were made from it too", Thuban said. "I'd put them up and not use them until I was old enough. I promised, but Dad still said no."

"I agree with your father, Thuban", Ginny replied.

Cam stepped forward and pouted. "Daddy wouldn't let us get omnioculars either."

"Daddy told you before we left home to pack them. There are at least twenty pairs of them at Black Hall", she answered.

"You got boxes full of jewelry but Daddy bought…" Serpens stopped when Cam elbowed him. "Ain't fair", he muttered, "witches get everything."

Ginny smiled at her husband then turned the boys to a table full of Quidditch items. "How about one of the teams' jumpers?" The boys shook their heads.

"I already tried everything on that table, Love. I believe they're under the impression that if they refuse everything else, I'll change my mind about their previously requested items."

Thuban looked from his mother to his father. The determination in Draco's eyes showed they would not be given their items of first choice. He looked around the table. "I'll take this." Thuban held up a model of the United States Seeker Maximus Brankovitch III riding his Sonic 2010. The toy was charmed to fly a small circle. The other boys quickly picked a toy also.

--------------*************--------------

The Weasleys plus Hermione's family sat in the front three rows in their box. Draco, Ginny and three of their boys sat in the back row. The group was watching the broom acrobatic pre-game show, when Lucius appeared at the side of their box.

"Daddy, Daddy", Leo screamed as he threw himself from his grandfather's arms into his father's. "Me sit you."

"He started to cause quite a scene when he realized you weren't joining us", Lucius stated.

Draco tipped the toddler's nose. "Leo, Grandfather won't be staying here with us. He's sitting with the French Minister for Magic."

The toddler turned to Lucius and waved. "Bye bye."

"Are you sure?" Draco asked.

Leo nodded and hugged Draco. "Be you… Bye bye, Gramfaddew." The toddler pointed to Lucius' cloak pocket. "Mine."

Lucius removed an item made of small wooden tubes tied tightly together with string. "Here you go little man. I'll see you after the match."

"Grandfather, which vendor was selling the Sampona flutes?" Thuban asked.

The older wizard smiled. "I thought you would like them." He handed each boy a flute.

They smiled broadly. "Thank you, Grandfather."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Yes, thank you, Father."

"You're welcome." Lucius smirked. "I'll be heading back now. Where I will view the match in a quieter setting."

The boys had already started to blow on their flutes. It only took moments before they were trying to outplay each other in volume. "Why don't we put those in Mummy's bag, mates? We wouldn't want to lose them."

"But Daddy", Serpens pleaded.

"Give it to Mummy, Serpens. It's a good time for us to make a trip to the lavatory." Draco handed Leo's flute to Ginny and headed for the aisle.

Bill motioned to Gabe and Sirius. "That's a good idea, Malfoy. Hermione, I'll take Sirius for you."

"Dad, I don't…" Gabe started.

"Come on, Son. It's better to be safe than sorry."

--------------*************--------------

A collection of trees appeared in the middle of the pitch just as Draco, Bill and the boys returned. Out from it came a man carrying a syrinx. As he started to play, a number of beautiful, womanlike creatures appeared out of the trees and danced around him. The creatures giggled, and the stadium filled with a sense of ease.

"What are they?" Sirius asked.

"That's a Pan and his wood-nymphs", Arthur replied.

Their dance continued for a short time, before the trees were magically moved to the sidelines. As soon as this was done, two-dozen bald eagles zoomed into the stadium. Each bird had a tiny, little, man-like creature on its back.

"Think happy thoughts, everyone", Charlie advised. "Those are Geow-lud-mo-sis-eg on those eagles. If you think positively when you see them, good things will happen to you."

The tiny creatures guided the eagles through the sky in a flying ballet. After a ten-minute show, they flew to a tower, the doors opened and the eagles directed the U.S. Quidditch team onto the pitch. The team wore white trousers. Their jumpers were blue with a small white horizontal stripe, a thick red stripe and another white stripe just below the chest. Their blue robes flowed behind them in the wind.

The U.S. supporters started to chant, "Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!"

Gabe looked at the U.S. Seeker closely through his omnioculars. "He's ancient! Look Thuban!"

The seven-year old put the item to his eyes. "He must be nearly forty."

Cam looked at his program. "This says he's thirty-seven."

"Dad, do they allow wizards that old to play Quidditch?" Gabe asked his father.

"Ancient."

"Old."

"Elderly."

"Prehistoric", the twins teased. "I'd hate to be thirty-seven."

"You're past your prime", Fred stated.

"That old man will likely fall off his broom", George agreed.

"What do you think, Bill?" Fred added. "Think a wizard of thirty-seven should hang up the broom?"

"I think Bill should hang it up. It would only be fair with Ginny out for the rest of the Quidditch season", Draco interjected.

"In your dreams, Malfoy. You should have waited a few months before giving our little sister your latest present", Ron hissed. "We're taking the British Amateur Cup this year."

Cam, Thuban and Gabe whispered with each other for a short time. "Are you thirty-seven, Uncle Bill?"

"Yes, I am, Cam."

Thuban nodded and smiled. "You look really good for your age." Laughter rang throughout the box. "Well, he does." Thuban pointed at the American Seeker. "He doesn't look nearly as old as that wizard."

"Thank you, Thuban", Bill stated. "The rest of you lot shape up. The match is starting."

The families quieted down as the announcer welcomed everyone to the match. This World Cup Final was the first time a European team wasn't playing. Both the U.S. and Peru were making their first appearance. The Peruvian team wore red trousers and red robes. Their jumpers were red with a black box on the upper left and lower right. They also had a diagonal, white stripe down the front.

The match started out at a deadly speed. The Peruvian chasers Farfan, Solano and Pizarro were faster than their American counterparts, but the American Beaters slowed them down.

The excitement in the stadium built for the next hour with the score never being more than a two-goal difference. Ron took his eyes off the match for a moment to look back at his sister's family. The red-haired wizard couldn't believe his eyes. Serpens and Leo were completely on Draco's lap, while Thuban and Cam were halfway on it. How the blond wizard could breathe, let alone see the match was beyond him. To make matters worse, one of the four boys was always asking questions.

Before turning back to the game, Ron nudged Fred. "Look back. Want to bet when Malfoy's going to lose it with those four?"

Both twins glanced back. "Malfoy hasn't invited you to his box much, has he?"

"I've been to eight matches", Ron answered defensively.

"Always sit outside then?" Fred asked.

"Of course, the view's outstanding and the elves keep my goblet full."

Molly looked at Ron. "What's wrong?"

"Malfoy", Ron whispered.

She turned her head and smiled. "Boys, would you like to come down here and sit with Grandpa and me?"

Puzzlement crossed all the Malfoy wizards' faces and they shook their heads.

"Come on down, sweethearts. Let's give your Daddy some room so he can see the match better", Molly continued.

"They're fine Molly", Draco stated flatly.

Ginny beamed at her mother and leaned forward. "Thanks, Mum, but Draco is actually enjoying it. He's used to the older three being all over him during matches. Plus, he's elated to have Leo. It's rare for him to pick Draco over Lucius."

"Those American Beaters are the best. Have you ever seen Beaters play that way?" Thuban asked.

The American Beaters were controlling the Bludgers by batting them back and forth to each other, until the time was right to hit one at a Peruvian player.

"No, I haven't, son. I hope Goyle and Crabbe are watching them", Draco replied.

The Weasley twins grinned at the blond wizard. "You're watching them, Malfoy."

"And we've controlled the Bludger like that before", Fred replied.

Thuban sneered at his uncles. "You just hit it in front of my Mum."

"VIF… VIF… VIF…" Cam yelled, pointing to the sky.

The others looked in time to see the gold speck disappearing. The Snitch's appearance had gone unnoticed by both Seekers and most of the crowd.

"That's my son", Draco announced proudly. "Best eyes in the whole stadium. You're going to be your house's Seeker."

"Money can buy…" Ron started. "Ouch… why'd you… ouch…"

Luna poked her husband's side twice. "Stop being a git."

"I was joking, Luna. Cam does have great sight. I'm sure he's a great flier too."

"VIF!" Cam yelled again. This time both Seekers spotted the Snitch. The Peruvian, Guerrero, was ten meters closer. Both wizards lay flat on their brooms in pursuit of the flying piece of gold.

"Daddy, I've got to go," Serpens whined.

Ginny reached for the boy. "I'll take him."

"One or two, Serpens?" Fred asked.

"One," the boy whined placing his hands in front of himself.

George handed a cup to the boy. "Use this."

"George!" the witches scolded.

"You're just jealous you can't use it." George grinned.

Draco stood up. "I'll take him, Gin." He walked slowly to the aisle watching the Seekers reach the middle of the pitch. A change in the wind caused the Snitch to jump twenty meters higher. This put it out of the reach of the twenty-two year old, Guerrero and right into the hands of Maximus Brankovitch III. Seeing the catch the blond wizard hurried off with his son.

Bill pumped his fist into the air. "That my friends, shows you that brains win over bronze every time."

Gabe raised a questioning brow at his father. "He was lucky."

"No, didn't you see what he was doing with his robes? He was calculating the wind patterns and wind flows on the pitch", Bill told them.

--------------*************--------------

The French Ministry's after Cup party was in full swing. Being an officer at Gringotts got Bill invited to many major events. Therefore invitations to this informal event were not hard to come by. Peruvian business contacts of the twins saw that they were invited. Percy and Arthur got their invitations from work while Charlie and Hermione's came from contacts at Hogwarts.

At the north end of the room, all the members of both World Cup teams sat at a long table signing autographs for young fans. To their left sat a group of British and French professional Quidditch players also signing autographs. Draco stood in line with Cam and Serpens, but in the distance he could see Ginny conversing with the French Minister and his head of the Auror Department. She had not forgotten their problems on the ferry, and it was clear she was addressing the matter with the two wizards.

She had come a long way in the past year and a half. For years she rebelled against some of the rules of high society and refused to learn French or other languages. It was her way of showing some control over her life. After confessing their love for each other, she no longer saw a need to rebel. She was her own person. In that short time, Ginny had learned to speak French and two other languages fluidly. She had also learned to calmly and rationally explain the facts of a situation to others. It was those two things that helped her keep the attention of the two most important wizards in the French government.

Ginny was speaking with the head of the French branch of Gringotts by the time Serpens and Cam had obtained their autographs. Draco was heading back to his wife, when a familiar voice caught his attention. The wizards were out on a patio just out of his sight.

"She's the total package, mate", Gavin stated.

"Who?" asked a squeaky male voice.

"Ginevra Malfoy", Gavin answered.

"Malfoy's a lucky man. She can work a business deal as well as any wizard. The witch is the best amateur Chaser in Europe. She's an outstanding mother. I don't know how the witch does it, but she gets sexier every time I see her", Dean Thomas added. The Gryffindor whispered to the group. "She was a great snog in school too."

"Only a snog?" the squeaky male asked.

"Yes, he only snogged her", Gavin chuckled. "She was still nice and tight when we had our tryst in Paris. Best lay I ever had."

Draco was around the corner and his wand at Gavin's throat before the last word was out. "You have never… You will never…" Rage shot through the blond wizard's body making him unable to complete his thoughts. "We duel tonight."

"Malfoy, take it easy", Dean said. "He didn't mean anything. Just a little wizard talk."

"Daddy?" Serpens said in a shaky voice. Cam ran across the room in search of his grandfather.

"It's all right, son. Go to your mother", Draco calmly replied not taking his eyes off of Gavin.

"Really Malfoy, this is uncalled for", Gavin's voice shook with fear.

"We duel, Sir. You have disrespected my wife."

Gavin tried to chuckle. "You're in the wrong century, Malfoy. Come on, put the wand down."

A small crowd had gathered around the wizards. Ginny pushed her way through, followed closely by Lucius. "Draco, what's going on? Serpens said you're dueling."

"This is a matter for wizards, Ginevra." Draco curtly replied.

"Draco?" Lucius questioned.

"He defamed Ginevra, Father. We will duel."

Ginny walked over to Draco. "Please put your wand down. You're frightening the boys." She looked at Gavin. "You've challenged him to a duel and he's refused. It's over."

Draco took two steps back but didn't lower his wand. "No one will speak that why about you."

"What did he say?" Ginny asked.

"This is not the place."

"If you're willing to duel over it, I want to hear it." He pulled her close and whispered. Draco hadn't even finished, when Ginny turned and hit Gavin dead center in the nose with a hex. "You cad!" The redhead took her husband's hand. "That filth isn't worth our time. Merlin, what wizards can imagine!"

"Ginevra", Draco growled.

"If you must", the witch waved her hand at her husband. "Challenge him to a duel. He who draws first blood wins." Ginny disappeared into the crowd.

Lucius put his hand on Draco's shoulder as they watched Gavin getting attacked by giant bogies. "She has that one perfected. I don't ever want to be on the wrong end of that."

Draco turned to his father. "She was damn good at it in my fifth year. It was bad enough then."

"You're done here. Spenser was declined your challenge." They walked to a quiet corner. "What did he say about Ginevra?"

"He implied that he had personally felt and taken her innocence before our marriage."

Lucius frowned. "Spenser's lucky she only used that on him. His words do not concern you?"

"In what way, Father?" Draco stared at Lucius and then smiled. "Gavin Spenser is Ginny's Graham Higgs."

The older Malfoy's nostrils flared. "Your mother merely kissed Graham Higgs before our marriage because I angered her."

"I know that Father. It seems that witches' behaviors don't change with the generations", Draco smirked.

--------------*************--------------

"The smell of mead and Firewhiskey on the man was appalling. He should have known better than to get that inebriated", Ginny informed another society witch.

Draco cleared his throat. "Ginny, I need a word."

She turned, looked him up and down, and then smiled. "Thank Merlin you're all right. Has my honor been restored?"

"So to speak. Gavin refused to duel."

"I knew he would. The wizard's so smashed, he can hardly stand." She kissed her husband's cheek.

"I hadn't noticed."

"Of course you wouldn't." She led him over to a private corner. "I don't know if I should be upset with you or enamored."

"Enamored", he quickly replied with a cheeky grin.

Ginny caressed his face. "You are rather gallant at times, my white knight protecting my honor. However, you can't go dueling with every intoxicated wizard who lies about me. Merlin, half the time at society tea parties is spent whispering about which wizards claim to have deflowered another wizard's witch."

"I won't have wizards talk about you in such ways." He kissed her cheek and sheepishly said, "I seem to have lost track of a couple of things."

Ginny placed her hands on her hips. "I see. Would one of those things be about eighty-six centimeters high and weigh eleven and a half kilograms and the other one hundred and five centimeters and fifteen kilograms?"

He smirked. "You're one for two. Leo's your charge. But not to worry, my parents have him."

The fiery redhead returned his cheeky grin. "Well, we're even then. Serpens and Cam are outside with the twins. My brothers started a firework display to avert attention from you and Gavin." Her look changed to one of disappointment, and she whispered, "I didn't want our sons seeing their father acting so childishly. Dueling!" She rolled her eyes. "Are you still in school?"

"Me? You're the one who hexed the man", Draco replied.

She waved her hand as if it was nothing. "They've seen me hex a number of people. I throw a small Bat Bogey, and then everything is fine." Ginny gave him a stern glare. "I don't challenge people to duels where I can get really injured."

Draco turned when he felt a tug on his trousers. "What a coward!" Thuban stated. "Gavin's over there trying to explain himself to the French Ministry. They don't like him or his father over here. Mr. Thomas said Gavin was out of line. Those Bat Bogeys were huge, Mum. But it was a short spell. I wish he had dueled you, Dad. He would have been on his backside in minutes."

"Violence isn't the answer, Thuban", Ginny advised.

The seven-year-old laughed as he walked away. "Yeah, right Mum. I'm going outside to see the fireworks."

"See what you've done! He thinks using your wand settles everything", Ginny puffed.

The blond wizard wrapped his arms around her. "Again, I wasn't the one who hexed him." Draco pulled her back against his front and placed his chin on her shoulder. "I'll agree I could have handled the situation better, if you agree the same. I'll even discuss it with the boys. Deal?"

Ginny turned her head and kissed him. "Deal."

--------------*************--------------

"Hello Her-mow-nee", said the deep voice of Viktor Krum.

The witch turned away from the last firework and smiled at the handsome wizard. He took a couple of steps closer to her and she could tell he no longer walked duck footed. The wizard had grown an inch or two since she had seen him at Bill and Fleur's wedding. He was clean-shaved and still had a very muscular body.

"Viktor, how nice to see you!" she beamed.

Sirius and Gabe twisted to see the Quidditch star. "Viktor Krum", Gabe gasped loudly in astonishment.

Hearing her son, Fleur hurried over to the wizard and hugged him. "Viktor! My goodness it's so nice to see you. Is it true you are going to play in England?"

The Bulgarian Seeker nodded. "I have a six year contract vith Puddlemere United."

"Will you be living in Puddlemere?"

"Ve have just bought a home in Perran Bay", Viktor answered. He placed his arm around a lovely dark haired witch that was six or seven months along. "I'd like you to meet my vife, Morag. Darling, this is Fleur and Her-mow-nee."

The witches nodded at each other. "Bill and I live just outside of Tinworth. We're not far away. You will have to visit us", Fleur stated.

"We'll do that. The only people I know in England are Viktor's teammates. Only a couple of them are married", Morag replied.

Fleur removed a quill and parchment from her bag. She wrote on it and handed it to the expecting witch. "Floo me on Monday. I will plan a get together with witches in the area. My sister-in-law Luna has an infant and my other sister-in-law is six weeks along."

Morag looked at the four children. "Are those your children?"

The French witch put her children in front of her. "This is my son Gabriel."

Gabe rolled his eyes. "It's nice to meet you, everyone calls me Gabe."

"This is my daughter Brittany."

"It's nice to meet you", Brittany replied.

The eight-year-old turned to Krum. "Are you going to come to my house too?"

"It sounds like your mother is arranging it", Viktor added.

The redhaired boy pulled on Sirius' arm. "Let's go tell Thuban. He's never had an international Quidditch star at his house."

"Don't tease him", Hermione ordered. "That was my little boy Sirius and this is my daughter, Harriet."

"They have their father's eyes", Viktor commented.

Morag's eyes widened. "You're Hermione Potter. It must be hard raising your children alone."

"My parents helped when they were alive. Now the Weasleys do."

A brown haired wizard in his late twenties slowly made his way to the group. He leaned heavily on his cane as he limped over to them. "Good evening ladies. Pardon my interruption, but I need to speak to Viktor for a moment." He handed Krum some papers. "We need to be at United's offices at ten a.m. Tuesday to finalize your contract. They are going for six years, with the option on both sides to extend to nine after the first two years."

"Thank you, Walden", Krum replied.

Morag placed her hand on Walden's arm before he could turn away. "Walden, I'd like to introduce you to Fleur Weasley and Hermione Potter."

The wizard smiled at the witches. He looked straight into Hermione's eyes and she noticed his were sprinkling blue. His eyes were only one of the wizard's many handsome features. Now that he was standing straight up in front of them and not leaning so much on his cane, she saw that he was built very much like Viktor.

"Mrs. Potter, I enjoyed your paper on Numerology and Grammatik", Walden stated. "I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on Arithmancy."

Gabe and Sirius came back with Thuban, Cam and Serpens in tow. The Weasley boy pointed to Krum; however Thuban walked past him and right up to Walden.

"My name is Thuban Malfoy. It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Madenly. I was so sorry to hear about your injury. The Wasps aren't the same without you. I hope your career as an agent is going well."

He winked at the boy. "I'm a better agent than I was a player."

"Your clients are very lucky then, Sir. You were an amazing Chaser", Thuban stated.

Walden grinned at Krum. "I like this kid. Do you know him?"

"He's my nephew", Bill replied, joining the group and introducing himself. He winked at Thuban. "He's a Wasps fan, but don't tell his father."

The seven-year-old beamed. "Dad knows. That's why we're going to the Wasps/Arrows match. My dad's always been a Falcons fan. They're all right, but their game is always based on the Seeker getting the Snitch. Their Chasers play to defend goals, not score them. The Wasps play a very aggressive Chaser game. Their Chasers have always won them their games. But you already knew that."

"How old are you?" Walden asked.

"I'm seven and a half", Thuban answered.

"You just turned seven in June", both Gabe and Siruis shouted.

"Excuse me, ladies. Gentlemen." Lucius bowed his head to the adults before addressing his grandson. "Thuban, do you know where your parents are? Your grandmother and I wish to say our goodbyes."

"I'll let them know", Thuban replied. "Grandma is keeping an eye on us. Dad said to tell you to give her Leo."

Lucius closed his eyes and sighed. "Thuban, where are your parents?"

The boy pointed to a group of trees. "They're by those trees. But they're busy. Serpens let it slip that Dad bought Mum some jewelry today and Mum's trying to snog it out of Dad."

The older blond wizard slightly shook his head. He didn't have the energy to correct the Malfoy heir. "Come, let us find the Weasleys."

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Madenly. Mr. and Mrs. Krum, I'm sure I'll be seeing you again soon", Thuban added before leaving with Lucius and his brothers.

Viktor grinned. "So hov much jevlery does he have to buy to get a snog in the vood?"

"They've been married eight years and she is expecting their fifth child. I don't think the jewelry was needed", Fleur giggled.

Hermione giggled, "The jewelry was merely a nice excuse."

Britany yawned and leaned against Bill. "Why don't you three join us at our camp site? We need to get the children in bed."

--------------*************--------------

A pajama clad Cam and Thuban came crawling out of the Malfoy tent bellies on the ground and scooted under two empty lounges with skits so they were out of sight. Hermione twisted to look at the Krums. "You'll want to see this." She looked at Bill. "Did you see that?" Hermione pointed to the lounges.

"Yes, I couldn't miss them. They seem to glow in the dark", Bill supplied.

The door to Ginny and Draco's tent opened and a frenzied Ginny came out. "I should have let Narcissa and Lucius take them to the Villa", she said to no one. She looked around then called back inside. "Draco, did you set the wards around our site?"

"Yes, Love. I checked them before I bathed Serpens and Leo."

"They're not out here." She headed for the door.

"Hey Ginny", Bill shouted merrily. "Why don't you and Draco come and join us?"

The young witch exhaled. "Maybe later. My sons have decided to hide from us."

"I really think you should." Bill smiled at her. "You'll need to bring your own lounge." He pointed at the items, letting her know that her missing children were under them.

"You know, come to think of it, we will join you. Draco, come here please."

The blond wizard looked baffled at his wife. She pointed to the lounges. "Bill has asked us to join him for drinks and I think we should."

"But Thuban and Cam are missing."

"Well, if they want to venture off in the dark night, so be it", Ginny stated. "I can't be bothered with tracking down little wizards for the rest of my life."

"I guess you're right. If they want to wander around in the dark with Acromantulas, Doxies and Jarveys, it's their choice." Draco put his hands on one of the lounges. "I hope they make it back. I'd hate to leave for home without them."

Cam popped out from under the lounge. "If you left me behind, Grandmother would never forgive you."

"Don't be silly, Cam. They just tricked you into coming out. They wouldn't leave us behind." Thuban grinned devilishly. "They'd miss us too much."

"Of course we wouldn't leave you", Ginny replied before seeing their dirt covered pajamas. She removed her wand from her robes and performed a cleaning charm.

Thuban rubbed his hand in protest. "Ouch, that charm scrubbed too hard."

"Consider yourself lucky. I should take my wand to your bottoms for getting so grimy right after a bath", Ginny informed them.

"Sorry, Mummy", both boys said.

"Apology accepted. Now, off to bed."

Draco kissed his wife's cheek. "I'll tuck them in." He snapped his fingers and a house elf appeared. "Move the lounges over by Mr. Weasley." He went inside.

The mother of four followed the elf, then sat next to her eldest brother. "Merlin, they were a handful tonight. Did Gabe and Brittany go down easy?"

"Brittany and Harriet did", Hermione answered.

Bill groaned. "I just got outside myself. It took three stories to get Gabe and Sirius down." He addressed the Krums and Walden. "This is my sister, Ginny. Gin. Viktor and Morag Krum and Walden Madenly."

"It's nice to meet you." Ginny leaned back in her lounge.

"Fleur said you have four children and expecting another?" Morag asked.

"Yes, they're seven, six, four and sixteen months. I'm a few weeks along." Ginny looked at her tent. "I'd like to say that isn't normal behavior for them…"

"But they're normal little wizards", Bill filled in.

"I wouldn't call her oldest normal", Walden protested. "He's quite clever for his age."

Hermione snickered. "Thuban does know how to cajole people."

Cam came over to Ginny with Tipsy right behind him. The crying little wizard crawled onto his mother's lap. "A bubotuber got in by jama top, its pus got me." He showed her two very small boils.

"Tipsy healed, Missus", the elf said.

She nodded her thanks to the elf. She kissed around the boy's boils and kissed away his tears. He cuddled into her chest. She caressed the little boy's back and kissed his forehead. "Hush, sweetheart. They'll be gone shortly."

"Mummy love made it better already." Cam closed his eyes and in moments was asleep.

Draco appeared and removed the boy from her. "Love you, Mummy, Daddy." Cam said before resting his head on Draco's shoulder.

"Love you, too", both Ginny and Draco replied.

Morag sighed and rubbed her pregnant belly as she watched Draco take the little wizard inside. "Sweet Artemis, he's a precious little one."

"They all are. When are you due?" Ginny asked.

"The end of November. He's a boy. Our first." Morag beamed. "Do you know what you're having?"

The red headed touched her belly. "No. I want to be surprised. However, it's likely another boy. Witches are very rare in both of our families."

"I was surprised when I learned we were having a boy. Viktor has three sisters and my mother's family hasn't had a wizard in one hundred years."

Ginny nodded. "Well, here's to me being lucky too. It's been over four hundred years since a witch was born in the Malfoy family." She sat forward in her lounge as she eyed Draco coming across the grounds. Her husband took her hint and sat behind her. The witch then leaned back against her husband. His arms instantly went around her waist.

"They're all asleep. Tipsy is keeping an eye on them."

"Thank you." She kissed his cheek. "Draco, this is Morag, Viktor Krum's wife. I think you remember Viktor and this gentleman is…"

"Walden Madenly. Thuban already told me." Draco grinned. "It's nice to meet everyone."

Nan, the house elf, came over to the group with a platter of drinks. She offered each person their choice between mead, stout, butterbeer, wine and bubbling cider. Right after serving the others, the elf handed Ginny a cider. Draco ordered a butterbeer.

"Have a stout, Draco. Their smell doesn't bother me", Ginny stated. Seeing the puzzled expression on Morag's face, Ginny added, "The smell of mead and Firewhiskey nauseates me in the first months of pregnancy. Draco's a sweetheart and avoids them."

"Don't give him that much credit, Ginny. He merely desires to snog you without getting you puking", Bill replied.

Walden shivered. "That's more than I needed to know. Those two things shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence."

"Vhat tvo things? Nausea and Snogging?" Viktor inquired.

The brown haired wizard shook his head. "Yes, now please."

"It's common for pregnant witches, one minute you're snogging and the next she's…" Draco started.

"That's it", Walden stood up. "I'm going for a walk with any luck you will be on a different topic when I return."

--------------*************--------------

Author Note: This scene is a little different if you go to my live journal. It can't be placed on portkey because of their rules. If you would like to read it go to dagforever.livejournal.com