Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

Roles Defined

--------------**************--------------

Thuban knocked on his parents' bedroom door. "Daddy! Daddy!" the little wizard voiced in a panic.

"What's wrong, Son?" Draco asked as he opened the door.

"You have to go downstairs right now and tell Mummy you're sorry. She's really mad at you."

Draco placed his arm around his son's shoulder. "I know, mate. Don't worry, we'll work it out."

The little wizard stumped his foot. "You have to do it now. She's really mad. I heard her on the Floo with Grandma. She's going to take us to the Burrow forever to show you what it would be like without us."

"Bloody hell!" Draco ran his fingers through his hair. "Keep your brothers upstairs." The blond wizard wasted no time and Apparated outside the family parlor.

"You need to talk with Draco, Ginny. Wizards jump too soon sometimes. I'm sure Draco didn't think this out. He loves you and the boys too much to spend so much time away," Molly's head stated as it floated in the Floo.

"Sometimes I'm not sure. I think he wants this job more than us," Ginny whimpered.

Draco cleared his throat. "Gin, I want you more than anything. I wasn't planning on leaving you and the children at home. I thought we'd all travel together."

"I'll talk to you later, Ginny." Molly's head disappeared.

"Travel together?" She raised a brow at him.

"Yes. I'd hire a tutor for the boys, who would travel with us. Merlin, Gin, I wouldn't think of leaving you behind. I have it all worked out." He knelt in front of her, drawing her hands into his. "I should have gone after you last night. I thought you needed time."

"You have it all planned." She glared at him. "You plan the next year of our lives without me!"

"No, Love, I didn't plan our lives. I merely figured out how I could take the chairwizardship and still be with my family. I haven't made any decisions," Draco softly informed her.

The witch continued to give her husband a cold glare. "What would you do if I said you had to choose either us or this job?"

"I'd be very disappointed that you wouldn't hear me out, but I've already made my choice. You and the boys are always first in my life. May we please discuss the position, Love? See if we can make it work for us?"

"I'll listen, but we should have had this discussion before you talked to your father," she hissed.

He kissed her hands. "I'm sorry. I should have spoken with you first. I was just so excited, I leapt before I looked."

Ginny's stare softened and saddened. "I want to ask you a few questions before you start." Draco nodded. "Serpens was seven months old when you started work for the British Juniors?" Draco nodded. "Where were you the day he started crawling? How about the day he took his first step? Most importantly, the first time he said 'Dada' was it to you in-person or over a mirror?"

A loud sigh left the wizard. "I'd forgotten how much I missed." He sat on the settee next to her. "Merlin, I really want this job, and they really want me."

She leaned into him. "Running the British Juniors has taken little of your time in the last two and a half years."

"Once you get the right people in place, things run smoothly," Draco replied.

"Can't you change the requirements of the position?"

"That's rich. You want me to tell them?" he huffed.

"Yes. You made the British League successful, they should listen to you. Maybe you could split the workload up, take three or four of your board members."

"Brilliant!" he kissed her cheek.

"If you can cut the traveling down to two or three days a month, I think that will be alright for the family. I don't like the idea of traveling around the world with the children, especially a newborn."

--------------**************--------------

Dispute Ginny's promise not to work outside their home for the first two weeks of the New Year, she had found herself rather busy. She spent many hours helping Draco write a proposal for restructuring the chairwizardship of the International Junior Quidditch League. If it were accepted, Draco would be able to take the office. The redheaded witch was sure it would be. Mostafa and Oglethorpe would get Draco plus the three top agents from the British Junior league. Draco would be directing the other wizards in their tasks. His need to travel would be minimal; a long weekend once a month. The chairwizard's role would only be a part time job, allowing him to still stay at Malfoy International. The family company would need to bring a vice president from the Paris office to London to pick up the rest of Draco's workload.

Ginny reviewed Draco's proposal as she sat at the conference table in the WAVES' office. She made notes on the sides as she waited for the meeting to start. Her two weeks were up today, and she couldn't wait to hear what had been happening with the political group. When the clock chimed ten, Amelia, one of Ginny's former campaign workers, called the meeting to order. She was a fifty-eight-year-old society witch with extensive knowledge of witches' employment problems. The political group would not limit themselves to this area; it was merely the starting point.

Amelia summarized a number of Owls they had received from witches whose employment had been terminated. Many witches wrote of sitter problems that caused their dismissal. However, Amelia focused on the Owls that detailed illness of a child. There wasn't enough sick time at their jobs. The resent outbreak of Blaue Blasen had caused many employed witches problems. Even though the illness was minor, the mothers had no place to take their children. The most heartbreaking stories were from those who had a seriously ill child in St. Mungo's. All of those witches who decided to stay bed side with their child lost their jobs.

"We should focus on suing every company that dismissed a witch for tending to their sick child," Amelia announced.

"I agree, Amelia, no one should be fired for staying home with a sick child, but I think there is more to the problem, and taking the issue to the courts is only one solution. It will also take the longest time to implement." Molly paused. "Although I disagree that families need two incomes-"

"I didn't come here to hear a speech on how we can and should learn to live on one income. I don't want to live in an old shack…" Sandy, a young, brown haired witch started to shout.

"Ladies, please," Amelia calmly said.

Molly nodded. "What I'm suggesting is that we create a daycare for sick children. I know a number of witches that would be willing to volunteer. I have the free time to set it up, and it could be done in a month. I'll need a free location and a healer to volunteer."

"What do you need a healer for?" Katherine, an older witch, asked.

"We'll need to make sure the child isn't contagious or extremely ill. We don't want someone bringing their child to us with a common cold and leaving with Dragon Pox," Molly replied.

"How does your plan help a witch that's been fired?" Sandy nastily questioned.

"It doesn't," Molly calmly said. "It prevents witches from being fired. They bring their ill child or children to us. We'll watch them for a donation, some of the witch's time later on or Galleons." Molly eyed the young witch. "We will still take the issue to the courts for those already fired."

Ginny smiled. She'd forgotten how amazing her own mother was. Inviting Molly to join the group was paying off already. Her mother would have the center up in a month, if a suitable location could be found.

"The location would have to be in greater London," Ginny stated.

Katherine turned to Ginny. "Couldn't your husband give us more space here?"

"The Malfoys have given us more than enough," Clara interjected. "We can't ask them to solve everyone's problems."

"Especially seeing how Malfoy International already has a sick child program in place," Amelia added.

"What do you mean?" Sandy asked.

"Malfoy International has a Mediwizards Department. If an employee's child is ill, they Floo the Mediwizards' department and a mediwitch or mediwizard is sent to the employee's home to watch the ill child. They've had it for years. It's one of the many reasons Hogwarts' brightest students bypass the Ministry and work in this building." Amelia smiled at Ginny. "Lucius knows how to get the best and most work out of people; however Draco knows how to get them in the doors."

"I have a location for you, Molly," Narcissa offered. "Number twelve Grimmauld Place. It would be perfect. All the needed charms are in place."

"Yes, yes, it would be perfect. I'll speak with Hermione. She doesn't use it, and I'm sure-"

Narcissa cleared her throat. "The house no longer belongs to Mrs. Potter." Ginny and Molly stared at Narcissa.

"Narcissa," Ginny refrained from hissing. "You promised."

The blonde witch patted her daughter-in-law's hand. "I bought it from her, Ginevra, for a very fair price. You know that neither she nor her late husband liked the house. I informed her which items were important to Sirius, and they were removed." Narcissa winked. "I believe what sealed the deal was when she learned Cygnus will become the owner on his seventeenth birthday."

Molly reached across her daughter and touched Narcissa's hand in gratitude. "Well, that gives us eleven… ten years and four months."

"Wonderful," Amelia stated. "Let's put this to a vote. All in favor of creating a daycare center for sick children, say I."

"I" came from most of the twenty women.

"Molly, how long will it take you to put together a business plan for the daycare?"

"I'll help you with it, Mum," Ginny whispered.

"Seeing how it's Thursday, I can have a draft by Monday." Molly smiled.

"Wonderful, I'll work on a proposal for pursuing the legal cases," Amelia added. "That's all we have for today, ladies. We'll meet on Monday to go over Molly's draft and my proposal."

--------------**************--------------

Ginny lay on the examination table in her Midwitch's office. Sara held her wand over Ginny's belly, and a loud, rapid heartbeat rang around the room.

"That sounds good and strong to me," Draco stated with a grin.

"And you would be correct," Sara confirmed. "Everything is outstanding. Your weight is fine. The baby's weight and growth is fine, and you don't have a blood pressure problem this time." Sara looked at her papers. "I'll see you in two weeks."

Draco helped Ginny up after Sara left. "That was wonderful news. Now we have two reasons to celebrate tonight."

A puzzled look crossed Ginny's face. She thought for a moment then smiled. It was their half year anniversary. She kissed his cheek. Last year he insisted they start celebrating this day. 'The full year anniversaries are for everyone to share with us. The half years will be ours alone', he had told her. Merlin, he did love her.

The blond wizard returned her kiss with one on her lips. He then smirked at her. "It's the wizard that usually forgets important dates."

"Let's try some then," she teased. "April twelfth, 2006?"

He winked at her. "I love you."

She kissed his cheek. "You do have a gift for remembering dates. Except February sixth, October thirtieth, November twenty-ninth," Ginny smirked. "But you do remember March first."

Draco playfully suckled her neck. "Don't remind me that our delightful son shares a birth date with that weasel you call a brother or I'll have to punish you."

The young witch turned in his arms, playfully rubbing their noses. "Is that a promise, Mr. Malfoy?" He pinched her bottom. "Ouch. That really hurt, you prat."

"Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?" he seductively growled.

Kissing him one last time, she pushed away. "You need to go back to the office."

"I can skive off." Draco softly touched her hand.

"Sorry, love. I have an engagement with two handsome wizards," Ginny smiled.

He inhaled the scent of her hands. "I thought I smelled pumpkin biscuits. I'm jealous of those little boys; they get your attention before I do everyday."

Ginny cleared her throat. "You get a great deal of my attention every morning."

The wizard winked devilishly at his wife. "Yes, but I can never get enough of your attention."

Stepping away, she blew him a kiss. "Better one disappointed wizard than two. I love you."

She Apparated in the foyer of Black Hall with a smile still on her face. It fell shortly when she saw Thuban and Cam sitting on the stairs waiting for her. The mother of four wasted no time replacing her smile and merrily greeted her sons. The group of three made their way to the large kitchen. With a wave of her wand three plates and three glasses of juice were placed on the small table in the corner. A house elf paid them no attention as it busily worked on cleaning tea dishes on the other side of the room.

"I got to paint. Mr. Favous showed me how to use water to lighten up colors," Cam happily conveyed. "I drew your Patronus. Tomorrow he's going to teach me how to make it fly on the parchment." He took a drink of his juice. "John, Gary and I played Gobstones because the playground was too wet to play on."

"I hate this weather. Don't know why they can't charm the playground dry." Thuban pouted. "I'm tired of playing Wizard's Chess. They need to make an indoor playroom. It's hard to sit still all day when you can't run around a little." The seven-year-old looked at his mother. "When we don't go outside, I don't get to see Greggy or Victor. I like being in Gabe and T.J.'s grade because I learn more, but I miss my friends."

Ginny rubbed the boy's arm. "We should have them over this weekend."

Thuban shook his head. "Greggy has to go over to Aunt Diane's mother's. I think she's having a baby."

Cam nodded. "Gary said she's sick in the morning."

"Keep your beliefs to yourselves. It's only polite," Ginny firmly stated.

The two little boys giggled. "Gossiping is wrong, but it's done at tea parties."

A clearing of an adult voice saved Ginny from responding. "You're not being rude to your mother, are you?" Draco questioned.

The boys shook their heads. "Mum doesn't like tea parties," Thuban defended. "We were just sharing a laugh." The boy smiled at his father. "It's Thursday, can we go flying? It's wet, but it's not that cold."

Draco pursed his lips. "Your mother and I have dinner reservations at six, and I have to get you to the Manor by five." Both boys frowned. Not liking to see them disappointed, Draco motioned towards the door. "Go get your brothers, and we'll have a quick flight."

--------------**************--------------

The older boys ran up the stairs and toward Leo's bedchambers. Stacy always kept Serpens and Leo upstairs while they had an after school snack with Ginny. Leo's chambers had been their favorite place to play since it was newly designed. They opened the door across from their parent's chambers.

Serpens laughed as he rocked on his small, enchanted dragon. The toy dragon breathed fire every time Leo rode his toy pony by. The walls were painted sky blue with floating white clouds. On one wall dragons flew through the clouds, on the second a group of young wizards on brooms chased each other through the air, the third had winged horses flying around and the last wall contained the fireplace. An adult-sized settee sat against one wall from which Stacy watched the boys play. The rest of the room contained children-sized chairs and a table.

"Come on! Come on!" Cam yelled. "Daddy's taking us flying."

Four excited boys darted down the hallway. Stacy followed at a slower pace. When they reached the steps, the boys saw no adults. Thuban slid down the left banister and Cam the right. Serpens sat on his bottom and pushed himself down the stairs. Leo decided to join his brothers when they were half way down. As soon as his feet touched the step, a loud chime started to sound.

Thuban and Cam weren't fast enough. Draco had Apparated to the top of the stairs at the sound of the ward. He collected Leo into his arms. His eyes watched his oldest boys slide down the rails. The wizard didn't speak, concerned that it may cause them to lose their grip. Stacy was behind Draco quickly, and Ginny appeared at the bottom of the stairs. The boys stayed quiet as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Malfoy. I should have run after them," Stacy stated.

He turned and smiled at her. "It wasn't your fault. You may leave for the day."

"I'll see you tomorrow at two thirty," Ginny stated.

Stacy nodded, hurried down the stairs, collected her cloak and Disapparated.

"Sowwy, Da dee," Leo sweetly whispered placing his head on his father's shoulder.

"Nice try, mate," Draco firmly stated. "But you know not to go down the stairs without an adult." His eyes moved to his two eldest sons. The all too familiar glare caused both to look at the floor.

"Seeing how you two can not listen, I will be warding the rails. Go to your rooms, I'll collect you when it's time to go to the Manor."

Thuban walked back up the stairs happy his father's hands were filled with Leo. His steps past Draco were hurried, anxious that a hand may come free and smack his bottom. Once the danger was over, his steps slowed in no rush to sit in his room.

Cam tried to pout his way out of punishment. "You haven't taken us flying in forever. I was just excited. It won't happen again. Please, Daddy?"

"Room, Cam."

"Please, Daddy. Just this once?"

"Now, Cam. I'm already going easy on you. What did I tell you last time?" The six year old started up the stairs. "What did I say?" Draco repeated.

"We could fall off and get hurt. Leo or Serpens might copy us and get hurt. You said you'd spank us." He hurried past his father. "I'm going to my room."

"Wise choice." Draco carried Leo down the stairs and placed him on the floor. "You have to stay with Mummy." He took Serpens' hand. "You get to go flying with me."

--------------**************--------------

Lucius looked out his study window, watching Leo, Serpens and Cygnus play in the toddler area he had built for his youngest grandson. The Malfoy patriarch had spent an hour charming it dry and placing warming charms in the area, so the children could play outside. He enjoyed days when his grandsons visited. Laughter was uplifting, second only to the pride of watching Thuban produce a perfect sleeping draft.

Potion-making was always on the list when the boy visited. Thuban was quite the potion maker. Lucius was sure the boy could brew several potions on his own. If the call had been his, Thuban would have been working unsupervised. His daughter-in-law would not allow this, so the boy's time in the lab was limited and supervised. The older wizard did bend Ginny's rules a little. Clean-up activities were done under house elf supervision.

Thuban rapped on the door. "Grandfather."

"Come in, Thuban. I take it clean-up is complete?"

"Yes, Sir. Professor Snape is here also," the boy stated.

"Show him in, Thuban."

"Lucius," Snape replied. "I'm sorry I'm late. I'm free next Saturday afternoon; I can instruct Thuban on creating the Fire Protection Potion then."

"We're coming over at one, Grandfather. May I, please?" Thuban asked excitedly.

"Of course. Saturday afternoon will be fine, Severus." Lucius lead his friend to an armchair and gave him a drink.

Thuban walked towards the door. "I'll see you at dinner, Gentlemen."

"Stay, Thuban," Lucius surprisingly requested. "If that's alright with you, Severus?"

"It's fine. I'd enjoy chatting with Thuban. It's been some time. Are you still working on Occlumency and fire control lessons?" Snape inquired.

"Grandmother and Mum help me with Occlumency. Grandfather and Dad work on my fire control. I believe I'm doing well. Grandfather?" Thuban replied.

Lucius handed Thuban a soda. "He's performing outstandingly."

The little boy beamed as he drank his soda. He sat quietly as the older wizards talked. This was a first. He had never been invited to have pre-dinner drinks with grown wizards before. He focused as best he could on the conversation in case he was asked to join in. Their conversation quickly turned to the candidates for Parliament.

"The latest polls show that Mr. Zabini and Mr. Madenly are one and two," Snape stated.

"Uncle Blaise moved up after Mum's article in The Quibbler last month. Mum writes a weekly column on the candidates. She likes Uncle Blaise's stands the best. Mrs. Potter didn't talk to her for a week because of what she wrote about Mr. Madenly." The boy chuckled. "Dad said that wasn't a loss. This week she is writing about Mr. Boot. I don't think Dad likes him. He made faces when she talked about him," Thuban said.

"Do you have any opinions on the candidates, Thuban?" Lucius asked.

The boy moved his face back and forth thinking. "Uncle Blaise is a great guy. I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt us, and he thinks for himself. Mr. Madenly's a great Quidditch player, but he wants to change too much too fast. He may be right about Muggleborns. Maybe they are the great grandchildren of Squibs. Mum has a distant cousin, Mafalda Prewett, her dad's a Squib and her mum's a Muggle, but she's a witch.

I don't like Mr. Boot or Mr. Ryan. They talk about freedom and making things equal, but they want employment numbers. It's not right not to hire someone because they are half-blood, but it's not right to have to hire someone because they are either. Mr. Nott has a good business mind, but he doesn't like Muggles. Mrs. MacFusty is weird, she wants dragon rights. I don't know about anyone else."

Thuban took a drink and noticed the wizards were a little surprised by his knowledge. He shrugged. "You learn a lot when your parents have different points of view. I'd know more, but I'm still not allowed to use Legilimency."

Snape raised his brows. "I should hope not. It is not as easy as you think. When you are older, I will train you further." He tried to look in the boy's eyes. The little wizard focused his mind, not allowing the wizard to make good eye contact. The dark haired wizard chuckled. "His training is going well. You have become a good Occlumens."

"I don't like people in my head."

"No one does," Lucius chuckled.

Sumtin popped into the room, bowed at Lucius' feet and then spoke. "Dinner is being ready, Master." The elf turned to Thuban. "Mistress requests your hands be washed, Master Thuban."

The boy looked at his hands. "They're clean." He smiled at Lucius. "Excuse me, Gentlemen. It's best to keep the witches in one's life happy." Thuban exited the room.

"You trained him well," Severus smirked.

"I believe that line came from Draco," Lucius informed him.

--------------**************--------------

Draco never disappointed Ginny when it came to choosing wonderful restaurants, perfect food, perfect atmosphere, perfect table, perfect service and perfect conversation. He smiled and looked lovingly into her eyes. Everyone would think that his total attention was on her, but she knew him too well.

She softly touched his arm. "What's wrong, Draco?"

"Nothing. I'm in an exquisite restaurant with the witch of my dreams."

Ginny blushed. "Nice try, sweetheart. Now tell me what's on your mind."

He caressed her cheek and looked lovingly into her eyes. "You're beautiful. I love you. And I'm the luckiest wizard because you love me."

Raising her brows she slapped his arm. "Nice try, Malfoy. Now out with it. What's bothering you?"

Draco put his arm under the table and touched her knee. He whispered seductively, "I should have selected a cozier table. You're too far away."

The red headed witch rolled her eyes. "Let's see." She took a drink of her wine. "You never let business get in the way. If it were Lucius, you would have taken a shot of Firewhiskey at home and told me about. If it were Narcissa, you'd have asked me to fix it. You haven't seen my parents, and you don't let my brothers bother you." Ginny twined her fingers in his.

"Draco Black Malfoy, you are a wonderful father."

Worry sketched its way onto his face. "All boys slide down banisters."

"Yes and all parents have to punish them. It's never easy. I had a wonderful trip to Toddler Time planned for Monday, and then Leo and Serpens had a tantrum in Honeydukes."

"Serpens?"

She sighed. "His was more of a stumping and pouting fit. It really isn't important, Love. I've already handled it. My point is parenting is not easy. Don't doubt yourself. If you hadn't punished them today, they'd be sliding down all the time, and soon we'd be taking one of them to St. Mungo's." Ginny leaned forward, kissing his cheek. "I couldn't have wished for a better father for my children."

"Really, Gin? I'm not too hard on them?"

The witch kissed him again. "You're wonderful." She smiled at him. "Cam and Thuban were on their brooms yesterday. They were sad because they wanted to fly with you. They love you."

"You're right," he smirked. "Thank you. Now I can put thoughts of them behind me and focus on you." Draco stared in her eyes as he caressed her fingers. The clouds of doubt were gone from his eyes. His focus was now totally on her.

Ginny sighed. She needed to do more for the wizard in front of her. He worked so hard to show her he loved her.

--------------**************--------------

Thuban felt a strange jolt right before he and Lucius finished Apparating outside of the Hogwarts gates. He had never felt that sensation in the hundreds of Side-Along Apparition trips he had taken. The little wizard found himself a step away from his grandfather also. Lucius' voice told him what had happened.

"You careless boy," he shouted. "This is an arrival point."

"I'm sorry, Sir," the seventh year quaked as he ran his hand over his bald head. Next to him lay a pail of brown hair which he stared at it in horror.

Lucius looked at his oldest grandson closely, looking for signs that the boy had been Splinched. "How do you feel, Thuban?"

"I'm fine, Grandfather."

The blond wizard lifted the boy into his arms. "I need to get you to Madame Pomfrey." Lucius' pace was harried as he made his way across the grounds to the castle. Thuban ran his hands over his own body, checking for missing body parts. When he found all his parts, he looked up at Lucius.

"I'm not Splinched, Grandfather. I'm fine. I can walk."

Lucius appeared not to hear the boy. McGonagall hurried over to the wizard as he burst through the front doors. She had only seen that look on Lucius' face once before. That was at the end of the final battle, when Draco's life was in question.

"What is the problem?" she asked.

"One of your seventh years Apparated in the wrong location. I had to realign my landing," he barked. "Thuban needs to be examined."

"This way." She led them to the hospital wing.

"I'm not Splinched," Thuban protested.

McGonagall touched his arm. "We'll just have Madame Pomfrey check you over, and then you can visit Professor Snape."

Thuban sighed, he had no choice. His dad wasn't going to believe this. Grandfather was acting like such a witch.

Pomfrey gave the boy a full check-up, declaring him healthy. He and Lucius were then once again on their way to the Potion Master's lab. The boy's eyes darted around the Entrance Hall. He had been to Hogwarts many times, but never when the students were heading to the Great Hall. Most students paid little mind to the boy, but a few whispered, 'he's a friend of Snape's' as his grandfather passed. They gave Lucius a wide birth after hearing those words.

Thuban sneered as he passed them. Grandfather and Professor Snape were wise wizards full of knowledge they willingly shared. They merely didn't like misbehaving meddlesome know-it-alls. As he watched the students pass, he realized how stupid many of them were. Their wands were placed hap hazardously in pockets and bags. Some of them had them behind their ears. He could have removed dozens of them without their owners' knowledge.

As they turned the corner to head for the dungeons, a small Hufflepuff boy ran by. Thuban saw the brown piece of wood fly from his pocket. Lucius hadn't noticed. The little blond put the yew wand in the inner pocket of his cloak. He quickly was at his grandfather's side again without the wizard noticing. It wasn't long before they were outside Professor Snape's office. Lucius rapped on the door, and the two went inside.

"Ah, you finally arrived," Snape announced.

Lucius snarled. "Some seventh year nit-wit Apparated in the wrong location; we collided. I lost contact with Thuban."

The little boy's eyes widened. He wasn't holding Grandfather's hand when he landed. Thuban ran the incident through his head. "I let go when we were jolted. I'm sorry. I could have been Splinched."

"The collision shouldn't have occurred." Lucius looked at Snape. "I had Pomfrey check him over. That's why we are late. He's fine. I was lucky."

"I'll make sure the boy is punished." Snape turned to Thuban. He pointed to a table to his left. "Would you like to make a Forgetfulness Potion," Snape pointed to a table in front of him, "a Hiccupping Solution," Snape pointed to a table to his right, "or a Fire Protection Potion?"

"I'd like to make all three, but I'll take the Fire Protection Potion." The little wizard placed his hand in his cloak and carefully removed the wand. He handed it to Snape, tip end down. "A 'Puff dropped this in the hallway."

"Thank you, I will see that it is returned to its lackadaisical owner." Snape sneered at the wand.

"There are a lot of those. I could have gotten a hold of lots of wands, must be a lot of Muggleborns or children of Muggleborns. Dad's already showed me how to secure a wand. Grandmother, Mum and Grandma have a holder sewn into all their clothes. Grandma lays it around when she's cooking, but not any other time. Even Uncle Ron is good about safely carrying his wand." Thuban went over to the table to his right, opened the potion book and started to read.

"I thought about keeping the wand, but I don't think it liked me. It kept moving in my cloak." Thuban added water to the caldron and started the fire using his own magic. "Plus Mum says there's no such thing as 'Finders Keepers.' If you find an item, you have to look for the owner. If you don't, it's the same as stealing." Thuban turned to Snape. "May I make the potion on my own?"

Severus and Lucius sat on the other side of the table from Thuban. "We'll watch you," Severus stated. "So, you're allowed a wand?"

"Of course not. But I can't be punished for thinking about keeping it." Thuban cut his boomslang parts. "Grandfather, what type of wand do you think will pick me? Both Mum and Dad's wands have unicorn hair as a core."

Lucius pretended to think. "I'm sure your wands core with be made from… leprechaun bogeys."

"Ha ha," Thuban sarcastically replied. The boy took his twig of valerian. Instead of cutting the leaves as the book said, Thuban ripped them by hand over the caldron.

"I see you have moved on to teaching him some tricks of potion making," Snape stated to Lucius.

"Not I. Draco must have."

"It was Uncle Fred and Uncle George." Thuban continued with his work. "They're brilliant you know. I can't believe they only got three O.W.Ls each."

Snape raised his brows. "The Weasley twins? Brilliant at potions?"

"Yes," Thuban replied. "Dad lets me help them most Wednesdays after school." The boy frowned. "I can only help with certain potions. My uncles won't let me invent with them, yet. They likely never will. Mum would skin them alive if I got hurt."

--------------**************--------------

Draco was beaming as he walked out of his office with Mostafa and Oglethorpe's reply in his hand. The wizards had accepted his offer. He would become the chairwizard of the International Junior Quidditch League on April fourteenth. He and Lucius would need to start their selection of a Vice President to pick up most of Draco's duties at Malfoy International.

His expression changed to puzzlement when he saw Lucius coming out of the lift with Leo on his hip and Serpens holding his hand. His mother was supposed to be watching the boys this morning. Draco hurried over to his father, greeting him and the boys.

"Is Mother alright?"

"Yes. Your mother has become very involved in your wife's political group."

"Oh," Draco frowned. "Ginny's down there too." He paused for a minute. "I'll Floo Molly."

Lucius snarled, "I believe she is there also."

"I'll check around. I'm sure I can find someone to watch them."

"Do not bother, Draco. My workload this morning is light, and I promised to spend time with the boys," Lucius stated.

Serpens nodded. "Thuban got to go to Hogwarts on Saturday. So Grandfather said we could stay with him this morning."

"I wowk hewe," Leo nodded.

"Good, we can use the help." Draco tapped the boy's nose. He turned to Lucius. "They accepted, Father. I start mid-April. I'll contact our French offices and have the top three candidates here next week."

"Congratulations, Son. I'll clear my schedule."

Serpens put his hand in his pocket and pouted when he came up empty. "I forgot my blanket."

"You're a big boy, Serpens. You don't need it anymore," Draco tried to convince the boy.

"I need it! I need it!" Tears started down his face. "Mummy made it handkerchief size so no one see." The boy pepped up. "I not forget. It in bag with Grandmother.

Downstairs. I go downstairs."

Draco picked the boy up. "Come with me, mate. We'll see what we can do."

"The child needs to learn to deal without it," Lucius advised.

"We're working on it in stages, Father."

Draco moved to the lift with Serpens. The little boy placed his head on Draco's shoulder. When they reached the office of WAVES, both blond wizards were happy to see that the meeting hadn't started. Making their way through a group of witches, they found Narcissa.

"Good Morning, Mother," Draco softly kissed her cheek. "By chance do you have the boys' bag?"

"Oh goodness, I forgot." She opened her purse and removed a larger, fashionable, black shoulder bag. Narcissa reached inside the bag, extracting Serpens' blanket now handkerchief size.

The four-year-old loved up his blanket as he clung to Draco. Serpens was a little scared to be in a room full of witches. If they didn't get out of there soon, he'd get his cheeks pinched. Some of the witches were already staring at him. He heard whispers of 'he's so cute' and 'how sweet'. Leaning his head on Draco's shoulder, he said, "Daddy, let's go."

"Tell your Grandmother thank you and good-bye."

"Thank you, Grandmother. I'll see you, soon." Serpens cuddled into Draco. "Daddy!" he protested as Draco walked further into the room.

"I want to see Mummy, Son." Draco smiled at his wife, and when Ginny finished talking, she turned her attention to him. "They accepted the offer. You are brilliant." He kissed her softly on the lips. "I love you. Are you free for lunch?"

"Draco, I didn't know your mother was coming. I'll take Serpens and Leo home. I don't have to be here today."

He smiled at her. "Father promised they could work in the office. We're fine now. Serpens forgot something." Draco's eyes want to the blanket.

"I see… Are you sure you're fine with the boys?"

Draco kissed her again. "We're fine, Love. What about lunch?"

"We'll have to bring Leo and Serpens along," she informed her. He nodded.

"Daddy," Serpens whispered. "We have to go 'fore they fuss over us."

Seeing the crowd and remembering his own youth, Draco clued in. "You're right," he whispered back. "Let's say good-bye."

The blond wizard leaned in for a third kiss. "Serpens and I must be leaving. We have important business to attend to. See you at lunch. I love you."

The four year old leaned forward, hugging and kissing his mother. "Love you, Mummy, see you soon. We have to go make some Galleons."

"I love you both too. Give Leo a kiss for me," Ginny replied smiling as she watched her two wizards leave.

"So what are the side effects of the potion you're sneaking your husband?" Hannah Abbott teased.

Penelope stared at Ginny's belly. "It's not a potion Hannah. Ginny keeps him happy between the sheets."

Ginny blushed and was saved by the chiming of the clock. Everyone walked into the conference room and sat down. Amelia started the meeting quickly, turning it over to Molly. The Weasley matriarch had created a complete work plan for the creation and running of the 'Emergency Needs Daycare Center'. The center would have four areas for sick children and two areas for healthy children. It would provide temporary care for all magical children. In time, Molly hoped to expand the center to provide full-time quality childcare for all. The red haired witch explained how she already had twelve healers and twenty witches to work at the daycare center free of charge.

Ginny was impressed by Molly's ability to create a complete business plan. For a witch who'd spent her life raising children, Molly had a firm understanding of what needed to be done. Childcare was the older redhead's forte, but her plans detailed cost of cleaning, redesigning and equipment needed for Number Twelve, plus the cost of daily operation of the center. Molly's business sense wasn't the only thing that surprised Ginny. The entire room went quiet when Molly introduced the fundraising chairwitch for the center. Narcissa thanked Molly for the introduction. The two witches, once enemies and still major competitors for their grandsons' time, had teamed up to implement WAVES' first project.

Narcissa was an expert at fundraising. After her thirty minute presentation, it was clear to all that the Emergency Needs Daycare Center would be open for business by the beginning of March. Amelia once again took the floor. She had gotten three lawyers to take the cases of the wrongfully fired witches free of charge.

While Ginny was excided, she was also disappointed. This was her group, her idea. Now she was just sitting back and watching things happen. What was her role here? Then it dawned on her. She was the chairwitch of WAVES. It was her job to put the right people in place. She didn't have to do everything. She was merely needed to make sure it got done.

As the room started to clear, a witch in her forties who was athletically fit approached Ginny. "Hello, Mrs. Malfoy, I'm Gwenog Jones."

"Please call me Ginny. I know who you are Ms. Jones. I've followed the Holyhead Harpies for years. I met you at one of Professor Slughorn's parties during my fifth year at Hogwarts. Do you enjoy being an owner/player?"

Gwenog smiled. "Yes, Professor Slughorn, he's a lovely man. I've always dreamed of owning the team. It's wonderful. It's the main reason I wanted to speak with you." She paused. "I saw you play in the amateur league at the beginning of summer. You are an extremely talented Chaser. One of the best I've seen."

"Thank you." Ginny blushed.

"You're due in March?"

"March 15th," Ginny answered.

"Brilliant, you'll have recovered for the Harpies' try outs in May," Gwenog stated. "I'll be sending you an invitation by Owl soon."

--------------**************--------------

The young Malfoy couple walked from one boy's room to another until each child had been tucked in. Once that task was complete, they retired to their sitting room. Lying in her husband's arms, Ginny thought about the events of her day. She was happy for Draco's news, but mostly she was excided for herself. Gwenog Jones' Owl had wanting for her when she arrived home that afternoon. She was going to have a try out with a professional Quidditch team. It had been her dream at Hogwarts.

"It's great that our mothers are working on a project together," Draco started their conversation.

Ginny raised a brow. "You're not shocked: a Weasley and a Malfoy?!"

"We make an excellent team," he replied with a smirk. "Besides it will be good practice for them. They need to learn to work together."

"Why?"

He placed his hand on her belly. "When our daughter comes, they are both going to help make the nursery suitable for a little princess."

"If we have a little girl, you're right."

"Thuban said you received an Owl today that made you happy?" Draco asked.

Ginny nodded excitedly. "I was going to tell you tomorrow. I wanted today to be your day."

"It's our day. Without you, I wouldn't be able to be chairwizard of IJQL. What was the Owl about?"

"I received an invitation to the Holyhead Harpies May try-out. Gwenog Jones thinks I'm good enough to play professional Quidditch. Isn't that surprising?" Ginny could barely contain her excitement.

"No," he stated. "You're the best damn Chaser in Europe, what Professional team wouldn't want you?"

She kissed his cheek. "Thanks. However, it's surprising that someone other than my husband-"

"Ginny, owners have been telling you for years."

"That was party talk, no one ever sent me an invitation," she informed him.

Draco smirked. "Because I kept you pregnant."

"Draco!"

"I was joking, Ginny. I believe they didn't ask because we have young children, and Malfoy wives don't work," Draco replied.

"Are you telling me I can't work?!" Ginny stood up and placed her hands on her hips.

"I didn't say that, although I thought we had an agreement about you working?"

"Maybe I've changed my mind," she spouted. "Maybe I want this job."

"Witch, you don't want to start this," Draco snarled. "Not after the way you acted a couple weeks ago about my job offer. Professional Quidditch would keep you out of town three to four days each week for six months out of the year."

"I- I-" Ginny sat on the settee. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"Thank you. Quidditch won't work for our family. Do you agree?" Draco calmly asked.

"Yes. Neither of us should travel that much. I still want to go to the trials though."

"No, that would be stupid."

"I'm going to the trial. I won't take the job if it's offered," she demanded.

"Aurgh," he growled. "Have it your way. Go ahead and go to the trial. You'll get the job offer, and then you won't be able to play in the amateur league for three years. I'll be able to sleep then. You know how I worry about you before matches." He stood up. "I'm taking a shower."

"Wait, Draco," she pleaded. "I can't play on our team if I'm offered a professional position?"

"Correct."

Ginny walked over and kissed his cheek. "No try-out then… We still need to work on this communication thing."

--------------**************--------------