Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

Beach House Party

--------------*************--------------

The teenaged witch the Malfoys employed to watch the children on those occasions when Molly and Narcissa were too busy to do so was escorted by Tipsy the house elf into Ginny's sitting room and announced, "Misses Kim be here, Mistress."

Ginny turned, surprised to see the young witch, "I wasn't expecting you today, Kim. I'd've opened the Floo had I known."

Kim, tall and slender, smiled in response and explained, "I turned seventeen last week and got my Apparition license the same day. I hope my mother didn't get the days mixed up. She told me your husband wanted me here Wednesday at eleven."

With an Apparition pop, Draco appeared at the side of Ginny's chair, greeted Kim with a bow, "Wonderful to see you, Kim. I'm so glad you were able to make it on such short notice," kissed Ginny and revealed, "Love, I have a magnificent lunch in the village planned for us."

Ginny smiled at him, her eyes shining with pleasure. He was a wizard of his word and had been keeping her so busy that she'd had little free time to worry about Thuban off at camp. Not only had Draco been spending extra time with her, but he'd also pledged her time to the Wizarding Orphanage as well where she'd picked up Pansy's commitments, leaving the new mother to recover from childbirth and get used to caring for her newborn. Ginny had spent a great deal of time finalizing the plans for the yearly carnival and fair, an event important not only as a source of fun for the orphans. It was the institution's primary fundraiser.

"Draco did tell you that Thuban is away?" she asked Kim who nodded in reply as Ginny continued, "you'll only have the three."

"Kimmy, Kimmy," Serpens and Cam shouted as they came running into the room followed by Leo who toddled over to his father and demanded to be picked up. But Draco distracted the baby with a licorice wand, took Ginny's hand, said their good-byes and Disapparated.

Since their beach house was located in a popular vacation spot for both wizards and Muggles, they didn't have to Apparate far. The only wizarding hotel and restaurant in the area sat on a small peninsula and like most wizarding buildings couldn't be seen by Muggles. The surrounding beach was loaded with wizarding children enjoying their holiday and Draco and Ginny sat inside at a small table for two where they could have a quiet, cozy lunch. Wine and starters awaited them as Draco held Ginny's chair for her before sitting himself.

When he reached across the narrow table to run his fingers over the top of her hand, she intertwined her fingers with his. But she wasn't ready yet to lose herself in the intimacy of his gaze, so she ignored his soft caresses. This she regretted when he began to speak, his voice laced with pain.

"Ginny, I'm sorry I've been so busy this week. I know I promised to spend more time with you but that was before the article. It takes time to check with the attorneys every morning to make sure nothing's in print. And then there's Blaise…"

She squeezed his hand without looking up, "I'm not upset with you. I'm not upset all. I'm just not ready for..." Ginny was unable to speak for a moment when she met his gaze. This one look said more than any words ever could. She relaxed and started breathing again. "That look," she finished in a whisper.

His eye's sparkled and bliss suffused his every feature. "I can't help myself. My soul compels me."

Ginny would never understand how he did it but she could feel it. It seemed as if their souls were intertwining. She could barely feel his hand holding her own as she was overwhelmed with feelings of love, devotion, admiration, trust and security. She did not doubt that he loved her. Her body started to tingle and she could feel her hand in his again. She smiled and focused on letting her love for him shine through her eyes.

Draco spoke again, his voice soft and loving, "Ginevra, relax love. It was already there. Your love for me is always in your eyes. I see it every day. But more importantly you show it in your actions." His face came back into her focus and she leaned over and kissed him.

"Draco, why don't you grab a sandwich and we can have a walk on the beach?"

"Will I get to wear you on my arm?" he smiled broadly.

"Of course."

He stood up from the table offering his gorgeous wife his hand, "I don't need a sandwich."

--------------*************--------------

Ginny opened the door to their car saying, "Draco, please come out and be a little social. The Towlers and Slopers are waiting here too."

"I don't know them," he replied going back to the paperwork in front of him.

She rolled her eyes, "Draco, please."

He set down his work and smiled at her, "If it means that much to you." Getting out of the car, he put his arm around her waist and approached the other couples waiting at the bus stop for their children to return from camp.

"Draco," Ginny started, "this is Kenneth Towler and his wife Alice. Kenneth was in Fred and George's year at Hogwarts and Alice went to the Asian Wizarding School." Ginny turned to the next couple and continued, "This is Jeffery Sloper and his wife Jane. Jeffery went to school with Charlie."

Draco exchanged pleasantries with each person although they seemed hesitant to shake his hand.

"Ah, here it comes," said Kenneth as a violet triple-decker bus came into sight.

Jane whispered to her husband Jeffery, "I can't see a thing. I'll never get used to this."

Draco sneered and hissed softly to Ginny, "She's a Muggle."

Nonplussed, she smiled at him and replied, "It appears so, doesn't it?"

The Slope and Towler boys, both around nine or ten, came off the front of the bus while the conductor came off the back with a firm grip on Thuban pulling the boy along.

"Shut it, Flint. Brains don't exactly run in your family," Thuban clearly yelled as he stepped off the bus.

Ginny hissed to Draco, "Michael is just like his father, a great bulling git."

Draco didn't respond. There was rancor between the two boys and neither was blameless. He couldn't remember which one had started the feud. Ginny gasped as Thuban turned to face her and she saw his black eye and the blood on his shirt. She collected him into her arms and fawned over him as Draco spoke with the conductor.

"Thuban and the Flint boy were yelling insults back and forth most of the trip. I thought I had it handled, placing one at the back and the other at the front but when I was unloading the last lot, they ran for each other."

"I'll have a word with him," Draco replied.

Just then he overheard the Towler boy whispering to his father as he collected his luggage, "No dad, Goyle and Crabbe weren't on the bus, he took Michael on all by himself."

"Got, a little more Weasley than Malfoy in him then," the father replied.

Draco sneered at Kenneth Towler making sure Ginny didn't see him do so. He picked up Thuban's trunk and went back to his family where Ginny hugged and kissed Thuban until everyone else had left. Thuban was a bright red by the time she released him. "About time," he exhaled and then gave his father a cheeky grin until he heard Draco clear his throat.

"Ginny, why don't you get in the car? Thuban and I will put his trunk in the boot," Draco stated. Ginny agreed, so Draco helped her into the car and then walked to the boot with his son.

When it was open hiding them from Ginny's sight, Draco turned to Thuban for an explanation. "He called Mum a rude name."

Draco nodded not really sure it was the truth. His sons had learned that, at least in Draco's eyes, defending Ginny was the one good reason for fighting. "We'll discuss it further at home." He looked around to make sure they weren't being observed and then lifted the boy up, hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. "Merlin, I missed you, son." Then he mumbled mostly to himself, "Blimey, you're growing up too fast for my liking." He put Thuban down, placed the luggage in the boot and helped his son into the car. Thuban sat between his parents and chatted as the driver headed for Malfoy Manor.

Ginny took her wand out and healed his bruises. "I knew something like this would happen. Don't worry, Thuban, you won't have to go to camp again."

"But I want to go. I had a great time. That coward Flint only jumped me after Greg and Victor had left. I still got the best of him. It's his blood on my shirt not mine. I only got the black eye because he hit me after the conductor had hold of me." He smiled at his mum, "I missed everyone but it was lots of fun being with all the kids. I learned a lot too. My cabin leader is going to be the Head boy at Hogwarts. His name was Roger. He's a Hufflepuff and was nothing like I thought a puffer would be. Roger was smart and a great horse and broom rider. A boy named Cody was in my cabin. Both of his parents are Squibs but he's a wizard. What would that make him, Dad? He's grandparents are all pure-bloods. So I think he's a pure-blood but Flint said Cody is a Muggle-born."

"He's a pure-blood but many would…" Draco paused and looked at Ginny. Her face was creasing in disapproval. "Thuban, let's not worry about classifying him. Was he well-behaved and nice?"

"Yes, but I feel a little sorry for him. His grandparents and parents are always arguing about where it's best for him to live. His parents want him to live with them but his grandparents think he'd be better off living in the magical world." Thuban looked out the window. "Oh, Dad, is something wrong with Grandfather? He kept sending Octavian with letters for me every night. The bird wouldn't leave and cuddled up with me all night."

"Are you sure it was Octavian, Thuban? He's your Grandfather's first owl. That bird hardly ever leaves the Manor grounds and he isn't a friendly bird. I can't see him cuddling up to anyone besides Lucius," Ginny remarked.

Draco smiled at the pair. "I'm sure it was Octavian and he'll cuddle whomever father tells him to."

Thuban widened his eyes and slapped his forehead, "That's why Grandfather signed all his letters with 'Sending you my love'."

--------------*************--------------

"Please Mr. Weasley. Don't Floo the Ministry. I'll pay you for what I've taken," the dark-haired seventeen year old boy pleaded.

Fred shook his head, "I'd hex you and send you on your way if I could. We told everyone numerous times that the items we sell in the backroom and the potions used to make them are regulated closely by the Ministry. It all has to be accounted for. It's you or me, mate."

The boy confined to the chair pleaded, "But your brother works…"

Percy Weasley walked into the room with two Aurors and George. Fred turned to his twin, "Mickey here thinks our kindly brother Percy is going cut us some slack and forget about the missing Fanged Geranium."

George replied with a sinister chuckle, "You must have forgotten to tell our friend that it was our lovely brother who ordered the verification of our supplies."

"You're lucky I ordered it," Percy hissed and pointed to Mickey, "he would have robbed you blind if I hadn't."

"Why thank you Percy," Fred's words dripped sarcasm. "And here I thought you were just being a right git."

"But no, he was being helpful," George added approaching his older brother with vigor. "Like you were helping Ginny when you gave Rita Skeeter the Malfoy Potions Unlimited files?"

Percy's eyes widened, "I've given that Skeeter woman nothing. What are you on about?"

"Must have been you're lovely wife then," Fred stated. "Why'd you do it, Percy?"

"That rubbish is only going to hurt Ginny and the boys," his twin advised.

Percy stared at his brother clearly confused. He ordered the Aurors to take Mickey to the Ministry along with the proof of his guilt the twins had provided. Once the brothers were alone Percy spoke, "What information was given to Rita Skeeter?"

"What do you think, Fred?"

"Percy's never been a good actor. He must not know, George." Fred walked over to his desk, removed a parchment and handed it to Percy who leaned on the desk as he read. He was clearly upset when he put the parchment back down on the table.

"Blimey, that old bat has no restraint or sense of decency. But I haven't seen it in print, so Malfoy must have stopped it."

"Nobody will touch it like it is. It's a bit overboard," George said.

"Some version of it is going to be printed," Fred snarled, "and your wife started it."

"Marietta wouldn't…"

"Come now, Percy. She lied about Thuban's actions to get herself out of trouble, didn't she?" George snapped.

"A Ministry insider gave Skeeter her information the day after the file disappeared from Malfoy's office. That file disappeared the day your wife was there," Fred continued.

"She wouldn't!" Percy shouted.

"Shouting isn't going to change the truth," George added.

"I used to think that Ron was the slow one in our family. I believe you have him beat," Fred stated pointedly.

"Sad, really," George said turning to his twin, "being both the arrogant arse and dim-wit of the family."

Percy pushed his brothers aside, "She wouldn't have… It can't be…" he mumbled as he left the building.

--------------*************--------------

Draco grabbed hold of Serpens' broom tip when it was only inches from crashing into the ground. "Soft small movements, son," he counseled, smiling at his small son as he continued to pull the boy's broom upward with his own.

Ginny come soaring up to them. "Draco, he almost…" she stated warily.

"Calm down, Ginevra. He's fine."

"Draco!" she began a tirade, "He…"

Blond hair agleam in the sunlight, Draco leaned over and kissed his wife's cheek and reassured her, "He almost crashed into a very soft sand pile, going at a very slow speed."

"He flies like Uncle Percy," Cam giggled as he flew up to the group.

"You weren't the best flier when you started either, Cygnus!" Thuban hissed as he zoomed by his brothers. "Bet, you ten galleons you can't catch me," he challenged and Cam leaned flat against his broom and shot off in pursuit.

The sun was setting on the horizon, so Draco turned toward the house and instructed Serpens on his landing approach until the little wizard had landed softly on the ground. Then a chagrined Draco had to call Thuban and Cam three times before they complied and landed. The family was on their way inside when the Weasley twins appeared on the porch.

"We should have brought our brooms, Fred," George cracked.

"Beach Quidditch?" Fred asked.

"Yeah!" The boys shouted running with their brooms towards the beach.

"Stop," Ginny commanded. "It's bath time."

The boys moaned but started into the house. "What brings you here?" Thuban asked his uncles.

Fred beamed, "We found our missing portable swamp."

Thuban turned to his parents, "I told you I didn't take it. Now may I start going to their shop again and helping them?"

"Maybe sometime next week," Ginny replied still concerned. "Now, go upstairs and have Tipsy and Nan draw your baths."

"Yes Mum," Thuban smiled. "May I come back down when I'm clean? I'd like to chat with my uncles."

"Of course," she paused, "but you better be clean."

The boys headed up the stairs two at a time and Ginny turned her attention back to her brothers. "Well, did you just come here to rub my nose in my error?"

"No, but maybe everyone will believe us next time. Thuban has no need to steal from us," Fred said with a smile.

George asked, "So, we'll plan on Thuban's spending Wednesday with us?"

"You've come all this way just to arrange a play date with my son?" Ginny questioned.

"Play date!" Fred huffed. "Thuban's right helpful."

"Best caldron cleaner in town," George joked before taking a drink of the stout Draco had handed each twin.

"We came by so late because of Percy," Fred added.

"We stopped by the Burrow. There were three large trunks at the foot of the stairs."

"Little Preston was there playing in front of the fireplace in the sitting room."

"We heard Percy and Mum upstairs. Mum told Perce he could stay at the Burrow as long as he wanted."

The twins sat on the sofa with a very shocked Ginny in-between them. Fred turned to her, "Dad said Percy packed all Preston's and his things and left Marietta."

"Why?" Ginny asked.

George turned, "It's a long story but the short of it is Percy didn't know Marietta took the files to Skeeter."

"He's not so bad after all. Even he thought that was low," Fred added.

--------------*************--------------

Ginny stood in front of a full length mirror in a small white bikini spinning sideways to focus on her backside. She'd only been going to the gym with Fleur for a few weeks but she could already see the decrease in size and the added tone to her legs and butt.

"Nice. Very nice," Draco fairly panted as he rushed over to kneel in front of her placing soft kisses on her tummy just above the bikini line. He somehow removed the glamour she had placed to cover her stretch marks and he smiled his approval as they reappeared, "I like them."

She turned his face up and read the adoration in his shining eyes. This reassured her that he hadn't removed the charm to show other wizards that he had marked her. The stretch marks reminded him that she had born his children and so the sight of them increased her beauty in his eyes.

Draco placed feather soft kisses up her body then stood and softly kissed her lips. He chuckled as his hand went to the small strap of her top, "Are you planning on staying away from Leo?"

Ginny smiled and pulled on the top, it did not move. "Sticking charm, don't know why I didn't think about it before." She put on an embroidered white eyelet cover up which barely covered her bottom. "Speaking of Leo, your parents want to take him back to the manor after dinner. It's fine with me if it's fine with you."

"They can take him," he replied still eyeing her. He turned to his dressing room. "We better get a move on. Your brothers and parents are here. I'll be ready in a second and we can go down together."

The small spandex suit she had gotten him yesterday lay on the bed. She collected it, walked to his dressing room and hung the small item from one of her fingers. In a seductive tone she whispered, "Wear this for me, Draco."

He snatched the small garment from her hand and croaked, "I'll wear them for you tonight after everyone leaves."

"Please sweetheart," she pleaded batting her eyes at him.

Draco pulled on his bathing trunks and blushed sweetly, "Ginny, they leave nothing to the imagination. And I'll likely fall out."

"You can use a Sticking charm," she barely got the words out, the look on Draco's face was priceless.

"Are you insane, witch! A Sticking charm down there!"

Ginny fell onto their bed laughing as Draco donned his shirt. He offered his hand to her as he walked by the bed. She took it and cuddled up to his side, "I merely wanted everyone to see my husband's lovely assets."

"Wizards don't wear those kinds of things." He kissed her cheek and murmured, "If you're a good witch, I'll wear it on our trip."

They hurried down the stairs and out of the house. Turning the corner three tents came into view. The first had no side panels giving everyone a clear view of the beach and gardens. A number of tables were set up inside and in front of each seat was a gift bag with three large W's imprinted on it. Arthur and the twins were standing in the tent.

"What are all the bags for? I thought you were only giving fireworks to the children," Ginny inquired.

"Oi, Ginny," Fred nodded at his sister. "Change of plans."

"We have enchanted bath salts and massage oils for the witches, our new child safe fireworks for the children, and for the wizards self-inking quills and an alcohol reduction potion."

"Drink twice as much and get half the hangover," George chimed in.

Ginny glared at her brothers, hands on her hips.

"They're samples of our new product lines. They've all been tested," Fred said in self-defense.

Draco placed his arm around her and said, "I'm sure they're all safe, love," as he eyed all the packaging. "Everything has their shop's logo on it. It's an excellent promotional idea. I don't have a problem with them passing the bags out."

The twins grinned. "Thanks, Malfoy," and then cringed at the sound of Molly's voice.

"Now you two behave," Molly scolded. The twins were about to respond until they noticed she was speaking to Thuban and Cam. As she escorted the boys to their parents, she continued to scold them, "The party hasn't even started and already you have Brittany in tears. And where are your hats? Cammy, the tip of your ears are already pink."

Just then Lucius and Narcissa arrived and came inside the tent with Leo already in residence upon his grandfather's hip. The Malfoys didn't like the idea of a swimwear party so Ginny was delighted to see that Narcissa had dressed for the beach. She was gorgeous in icy blue, an icon of high style as she greeted them. "Good afternoon, everyone. Is there a problem?" she beamed.

Thuban looked at his Grandmother and explained, "It was an accident. Brittany got sand in her eyes. She was playing Giants with us. We told her not to put her head down when she stumped the big castle."

"You need to be more careful when you play with witches," Draco told him.

Ginny huffed, "You need to be careful when you're teaching anyone a new game. The Crabbe and Goyle boys helped you build it and they're going to be disappointed that you destroyed it without them."

Cam shook his head smirking, "Uncle Charlie keeps rebuilding it with his wand." Thuban walked over to George and Fred and started to whisper.

Ginny examined Cam's ears and concluded, "I can put numerous sun block charms on him and his ear tips still burn." She moved her wand over his ears and the pink color disappeared. "Where's your hat?"

"On the beach by the castle, Mummy."

Molly lifted her wand and Accioed the hats placing one on each boy.

"Hats mess up my hair," Cam complained.

Ginny glared at him. "Not any more than the sand, dirt and wind."

Cam looked defiantly into her eyes and argued, "I don't understand why we need them. You can just charm away the burn." He went to remove the hat.

"Cygnus," Draco growled softly.

The little wizard frowned but relented, "I'll leave it on."

"Mum," Thuban said with great enthusiasm, "Uncle George and Fred want me to help show off their fireworks."

"He's too young," Ginny objected to twin brothers.

Fred grinned at his sister as he handed his nephew a bag of fireworks. "They're child safe, Ginny. Let me show you." They walked out into an opening. Fred pulled a wand from the bag and handed it to Thuban. The little wizard beamed.

"Don't worry, it's not real," George announced and Thuban's smile turned into a frown. "It's used to set off the fireworks."

Fred stuck the fireworks into the sand and remained standing right next to it. "Point the wand at the fireworks, Thuban and say, "fire"."

"But you're too close," the boy answered.

George nodded and told Thuban, "It's alright, mate. He'll be fine."

"Fire," Thuban yelled and nothing happened. Fred moved a distance away and George made sure Thuban was back away from the fireworks too.

"Now, try it," Fred said to Thuban.

Thuban pointed the wand at the fireworks, uttering, "Fire!" and the rocket blasted off into the sky exploding with a loud bang to form a jewel covered fire crab against the blue of the sky. Thuban and Cam cheered as fire shot out of its rear end. Leo squealed with surprise at the loud noise and hid his face in Lucius' shoulder. Only after softly speaking to the child was Lucius able to get him to look into the heavens. The toddler remained unsure of whether he was enchanted or afraid of the fiery display.

The twins beamed at their sister, "Child-safe fireworks, they won't go off unless they are pointed skyward and everyone is more the five meters away."

"After your fireworks are gone you still have a toy wand," George added.

"Alright," Ginny replied, "he can help you. But mind that one of you always watches him."

"Gin," Fred said frustrated. "the whole point is to show that a child can use them unsupervised."

"We've got tons of safeguards," George added.

"They're very clever," Ginny said, "but what if a charm fails?"

"The charm can't fail, Ginny," Fred moaned. "Really, Gin, you're a little overprotective."

"Well, I agree with her," Molly affirmed. "Children need to be supervised when using any fireworks."

"But Mummy," Thuban pleaded, "they're safe and I'm big enough."

"An adult needs to supervise you, young man," Ginny insisted.

The boy turned to Draco and pleaded, "Daddy, please! I can do it by myself."

Draco shook his head while hiding a laugh. Since his seventh birthday, Thuban had started calling his father, Dad. But apparently the boy now felt that calling him, Daddy would increase the chances of getting what he desired. "Mate, for today you need someone to oversee you. They don't need to be right by you. Just close enough to see your actions."

Ginny glared venom at her husband and then looked for more female help, "What do you think, Narcissa?"

Thuban followed suit and turned to Arthur, "Grandpa?" he said pleadingly.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea to install those safeties in all your fireworks," Arthur recommended. "Just last week Croaker got a nasty burn after staying too close."

"See, Dad agrees. They're too dangerous," Ginny said gleeful to have found support in an unexpected quarter.

Arthur cleared his voice, "The old types are but with these safety charms I see no reason why Thuban can't use them on his own." Molly made a displeased sound and Arthur added, "After he's shown the proper way to use the items."

"Arthur!" Molly objected.

"Now, Molly, I feel it is quite safe. Thuban is a very intelligent and trustworthy child."

"Lucius," Narcissa complained, "he's only seven."

The Malfoy patriarch put his free arm around his wife's waist. "Although, it pains me to do so, dearest, I must agree with Arthur. Draco's condition of having the boy observed from a distance should be implemented."

The witches complained for a few more minutes but realized they had lost this battle. Draco spent the next ten minutes explaining to Thuban how the fireworks needed to be placed on the ground and the different angles the boy could use. And to appease Ginny, Draco placed his own safety charm around the five meter radius of the fireworks. Thuban had shot off a half dozen before guests started to arrive.

The informal party had no receiving line, to Narcissa's dismay, but Ginny did try to greet all of the guests. She was chatting animatedly with a couple of the twins Gryffindor friends when she spotted a Neville carrying a potted plant. She ran to him, throwing herself into a friendly hug, "It's been ages, Neville, I'm so glad you came. Come with me, Ron and Hermione are over here." She linked her arm with his and he tensed and tried to unhook their arms.

"Hmm, I'm happy to see you too, Ginny, but Malfoy won't like…"

"Don't worry, Neville, I've got him trained," Ginny giggled.

"Oh," he replied quite believing her, "I brought this for you."

Ginny took the plant. "Thank you." She walked him over to Ron and Hermione who were talking to the Weasley twins. Noticing his mother, Thuban walked over and eyed the plant.

"A puffapod! They're useless," snorted the boy.

Ginny raised her eyes and addressed Neville, "I'd like you to meet my eldest, Thuban Charles. You'll have to excuse his views on plants, he's a typical potions bigot. If a plant can't be used in a potion, it's deemed useless."

Neville offered Thuban his hand and they shook. "Mum must think you're special. She doesn't introduce us to just anyone. It's nice to meet you." He eyed Neville, "That puffapod is rather large. What do you do for a living?"

Neville smiled. "I'm a Herbologist."

The boy beamed back. "Well, then it's really nice to meet you. We Potions Masters need good Herbologists." Thuban turned to Fred and told his uncle, "I need more fireworks, please." George handed him another bag and the boy went back to lighting them.

"He's sweet, Ginny," Neville said.

Ginny giggled, "He was being a little brat at first. But…"

"Really, Ginny. He's a sweet child."

"Good," she beamed. "I want you to meet my other three. Talk with Ron, I'll be back."

She was back in moments with three little wizards in tow. "Neville, this is Cam, this is Serpens William and this is Leo Gideon." She paused. "Boys, this is Mr. Longbottom. He's an old friend of mine."

"Hello," Cam and Serpens replied.

"Gamfa," Leo whimpered pointing to where Lucius stood in the distance.

"Say hi to Mr. Longbottom first."

"Hi," Leo said with a toothy grin, then looked sadly at his mother. Ginny put him down and watched as he pushed people out of his way to get to Lucius who smiled broadly at the sight, tossed the toddler into the air and placed him back on his hip.

"Merlin's beard," Neville gasped, "Lucius Malfoy just smiled."

"Grandfather smiles all the time, Mr. Longbottom," Cam raised an eyebrow. "Longbottom, Longbottom," he repeated softly to himself. "Ah Longbottom," he almost hissed with an evil grin sounding uncannily like Bellatrix. The adults in the area seemed to be holding their breath hoping that the nasty witch hadn't told Cam about what she did to Neville's parents. "Are you the same Longbottom that works at Hogwarts?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh, Professor Snape doesn't like you," Cam stated.

Fred and George laughed. "Now there's a news flash for you, Neville. Old Snape doesn't like you." Neville joined in their laughter to Cam's disappointment.

Ginny whispered into Cam's ear and he turned to Ginny defending himself, "But it's the truth. I've heard Professor Snape tell Grandfather."

Serpens put his hands on his hips. "Cammy, Daddy told you to be nice to him," he pointed at Neville, "cause he's a friend of Mummy's. You don't sound like you're being nice."

A shocked expression appeared on Neville's face and Ginny smiled brightly for a brief moment before turning to gaze pointedly at Cam. "I'm sorry," he mumbled to Neville who nodded his acceptance of the apology.

"May we go back and play with Daddy now?" Serpens asked. Ginny nodded and the boys ran off to Draco.

"Malfoy told them to be nice to me?" Neville whispered to Ron as Ginny watched the boys until they got to their father.

Shrugging, Ron replied, "It's likely. The prat does like to keep Ginny happy."

A few minutes later Thuban noticed he was losing his audience so he looked around the beach for entertainment and spotted a large group of young boys riding on wizard's shoulders in the water getting ready to play a game. Thuban turned to his uncles, "Come on, I need you." The twins looked at the water and headed down the beach with the boy.

Sirius Potter wandered on the beach looking at the large group, not paying attention to where he was walking and Thuban in his rush was only focused on the water. The boys smacked into one another with a large bang, both falling on their bottoms. "Sorry," Thuban said sincerely and asked, "what are you doing watching? Why aren't you playing?"

"Playing what?" Sirius asked.

Thuban pointed to the group, "Wizards and Dragons." Thuban looked perplexed for a moment then smirked, "That's right your mum's a mud… Muggleborn. Wizards and Dragons is a game you can play in the sand or in the water. You see the wizard on the bottom, he's the dragon. It's best to have a wizard over 17 as your dragon because dragons are allowed to do magic, just little things like levitating objects, splashing water and other things. The one on top is the wizard; you use your arms and hands and try to pull the other wizard from his dragon. The last wizard left on his mount wins. Why don't you come on and play?"

The Potter boy shrugged, "I don't have anyone to be my dragon."

The Malfoy heir smirked, "Well, it just so happens I have an extra."

"Good man, Thuban," Fred hooted, "you found me a boy." He took Sirius' hand and ran for the water.

Thuban frowned at the retreating pair, "You're a better dragon, right?" He asked George. "I should have gotten to pick."

"Mate," George started feeling a little insulted but then he thought better. Thuban was a fierce competitor like himself. Given the choice he would have selected the best rider. George grabbed his nephew's hand and headed for the water. "I'm better than Fred in everything."

As the game commenced, Luna approached Ginny with Kristy and Julia, Gryffindor classmates, in tow and said, "Ginny, I want to show Sophie off but I don't want to bring her outside."

"Let's go in then. I can't stand watching this game. I know the boys are safe but watching them fall is still frightening," Ginny answered. "Neville, I'll see you later."

As the witches walked toward the house, they ran into Padma and Pansy who were also on their way inside. Padma grumbled, "Vincent better be careful with Kenny this time. I don't need to stop another bloody nose."

"I'm glad I had a girl," Pansy interjected.

Kristy added, "I'm glad mine aren't old enough to play."

Ginny spun when she felt a soft touch on her arm and found herself face to face with her brother Percy. "I'm sorry, Ginny. If I would have known I would have stopped her."

She snarled at him in response, "You should have stopped her from taking the papers to the Ministry. You knew they were mine for Weasley Wizard Wheezes."

He faced her and apologized, "I'm sorry, I should have, it won't happen again."

"I wish I could believe you, Percy, but I can't. You were only invited today because the house is warded against your entry." With that, she walked away from him and the other witches followed.

Percy grabbed her arm again, stopping her and placing a piece of parchment into her hand. "Take this. You'd best read it tonight."

He let her go and she stormed away. Her friends followed her quickly.

"Ginny," Julia started, "you should be nicer to him. He's going through hard times right now."

Ginny huffed.

"He is Ginny," Padma added. "Marietta is a real piece of work."

"Percy will be better in the long run without her," Luna added.

"What are you talking about?" Ginny inquired.

Julia frowned. "Marietta has gone to the Wizengamot saying that the only reason she married Percy was so she wouldn't be forced to marry another pure-blood wizard. She's claiming to be an indirect victim of the marriage law and is asking for a divorce. She's saying tons of nasty things about Percy, too, claiming he forced her into taking your paperwork to Ministry so that the Malfoy files could be searched."

"She's dragging him through the mud and he's just taking it. Percy says he doesn't really care as long as he ends up with Preston," Kristy added.

"Molly won't let that bitch get her hands on Preston again," Hermione added. "The boy is so much happier at the Burrow. From what I heard at the Ministry, they're thinking of letting her have the divorce and then sending her off on a foreign assignment. That way they can keep everything quiet."

"He'll be better off without her," Padma said and then added with a sly little giggle, "I've invited Penelope Clearwater. She's still single and I don't think she got over Percy."

Ginny shook her head in disagreement, "Penelope was the one who called it off, something about the relationship getting a little too intense for her."

"According to my sister," Kristy added, "Percy panicked when Penelope thought she was pregnant." Ginny stared in disbelief. "That's what she told me, Ginny."

"Well, Percy is still an arse," Ginny huffed.

"Forget about your brother," Pansy said. "I've been dying to ask you a question for the last week," the Slytherin witch smiled, "why was Draco in the Apothecary buying ingredients to make Impedoliber potion?"

"Is there a problem with your birth control ring?" Padma asked puzzled. "I was thinking of trying it after this one."

"No, the ring worked well," Ginny replied. "It's just we aren't…" Ginny blushed.

Luna dreamily added, "The ring has lasting effects. You can't use it one month and then not another."

"Why would you want to do that?" Padma inquired but smiled broadly a moment later as realization sunk in. "You're trying for a daughter. How wonderful, Ginny!"

"I hope it happens for you. Merlin, it would be nice to have a group of girls," Luna countered.

"Well, the old Chinese wizarding calendar seems to be right for everyone's pregnancies I know of," Ginny looked at Hermione, "well, your boy/girl twins are one exception but maybe that's because you had two at once. The potion is the best way to prevent pregnancy in the months I'm likely to conceive a boy."

The group entered the family parlor where two cradles stood with Nan and another elf looking over Sophie and Rosetta. The Zabini's elf turned to Pansy, her tone a little fretful, "Miss Rosetta be just starting to wake, Mistress. I's was going to sents for you."

"It's fine, it's fine," Pansy said reassuringly as she took the newborn from her cradle along with a silver rattle and sat in a rocker to nurse her babe. Luna took the other rocker in the room and fed her daughter. Ginny placed the parchment Percy had given her down on the bar and then joined the other witches.

"So, how's Blaise handling being a new Daddy?"

"He's actually funny," Pansy said. "Blaise insists he knows what he's doing but the minute I walk away he Floos poor Draco at the office." Pansy tried to impersonate her husband's voice adding a touch of panic, "Mate, Rosetta only had six wet nappies today. Didn't your boys go through more in a day? Rosetta's been sleeping for four hours. She's never slept that long, should I wake her up? Rosetta sneezed twice, should I call a healer?"

The witches giggled.

"Well, at least he's Flooing someone. You're lucky Pansy. When I had Victor, Vincent did little. Most of my help came from our mothers. He's totally different now. He helps all the time," Padma stated.

Ginny smiled, "That's normal for wizards, I think. Draco is so much better with Leo. He's spoilt me." She laughed. "The poor ninny thinks he knows enough to toilet train the boy."

"He isn't trying to do that now, is he?" Hermione asked. "It's a little early."

Ginny grinned. "Malfoys are quick learners," she said mocking her husband's tone. "Both he and Lucius insist the child is ready." She paused, "Leo does announce when he is wet but he doesn't have control. They'll learn. Narcissa and I told them if they want to try, to have at it."

Pansy snickered, "That's why Lucius has been running in and out of the house all evening." She burped her baby then shook the silver rattle. A number of colorful tiny birds appeared and flew in front of the infant.

"Oh, that's lovely where did you get it, Pansy," Luna inquired.

Padma smiled proudly as Pansy answered, "The most charming, Mr. Kenneth Crabbe gave it to my daughter. He spent two months worth of candy money on it." Pansy glowed, "He's the sweetest little wizard I've meet."

"Thank you," Padma replied. "We got lucky. My other two can be brats but never Kenny."

"Most children are brats at times. Kenny has always been a quiet and loving child," Ginny observed.

Hours later as the sun set, Draco watched from across the tent as his wife chatted with a collection of Gryffindors. They hadn't spoken much that day, only exchanged a few words when eating and feeding their very excited children dinner. He had agreed to watch the children so she could chat with the old friends she hadn't seen in years. He wanted to go over and be with her but he knew his presence would chase away her Gryffindor friends. Ginny was currently sporting an enchanting smile and he'd be damned if he'd be the one to remove it.

"You're going to need to speak with Marcus, Draco. Drew said Thuban and Michael had a number of fights at camp. It's not going to go away on its own," Derrick said loudly making sure he got Draco's attention.

Draco took a drink of his mead, looked at his boys playing close by, looked at his wife and then returned his attention to his old classmate. "Flint's too damned hard headed to speak to. I even conceded that Thuban started their little war but Flint keeps saying that Michael does nothing wrong. Maybe you should talk with him."

As the men conferred, Thuban moved his brothers and friends behind a tree to show them a wand he thought was interesting. He removed one of the fireworks wands from his pocket and said, "I think my uncles made a mistake with this wand, watch." Thuban pointed the wand at a small paper cup and uttered, "Incendio." The cup burst into flames.

"Wicked," hissed the boys.

"Can I try it?" Cam asked. Thuban handed him the wand but Cam could do no magic with it at all. Not even a simple Accio which he could perform flawlessly with any wand. Each boy tried the wand but it only worked for Thuban. After lighting his third cup on fire, Thuban looked up and saw Dean Thomas put his arm around Ginny and kiss her cheek.

"Cam! Look!" he growled. With the wand still in his hand, he and his brothers set off for the pair and it didn't take long for Cam to take hold of Dean's hand and remove it from Ginny's waist. "That's our mother you're touching," he complained.

Serpens pushed his way in between the pair and Thuban stood in front of Dean staring at him.

Dean chuckled, "Quite sorry, old man. Hadn't really noticed what I was doing."

"You should keep your hands to yourself," Serpens ordered.

Thuban added, "She's a happily married witch, you know."

"I'm only chatting with her," Dean replied laughing and light hearted.

Thuban scowled. "You don't have to touch to talk. I think I need to keep an eye on you," and with that he pointed the toy wand in his hand at Dean staring menacingly into his eyes.

"Thuban!" Ginny scolded.

"Son," came the strong voice of Draco from behind Ginny. "Toy wand or not, we don't point it at others."

Thuban continued to stare down Dean. The Gryffindor didn't know if he should laugh or be upset. It wasn't every day that three pint sized wizards tried to intimidate an adult. He couldn't help but smile through. Their actions took a lot of Gryffindor courage. These tykes had loads of their mother in them.

"I don't think we can trust him, Dad. He likes Mum too much. I can tell." Thuban raised an eyebrow and the wand at Dean, "You've snog my Mum before, haven't you? Don't try to lie because I'll know."

"Thuban!" Ginny warned.

Michael Corner cleared his throat and Thuban's eyes and wand went to him. After a moment he hissed, "Can't trust him either. He's snogged her too."

Ginny turned red both embarrassed and upset. She opened and closed her mouth at a loss for words. Draco took Thuban's hand and pulled him aside. "That's quite enough." Draco removed the wand from the boy's hand. "Make your apologies then go to your room."

The boy faced Ginny. "I'm sorry, Mum for being rude." He looked at Dean. "I'm sorry." Then at Michael. "I'm sorry." He turned to his father. "I can come down when the fireworks start?"

Draco whispered in the boy's ear, "No. Count yourself lucky I'm not taking my belt to your bottom. You have greatly upset my wife."

The little wizard nodded and quickly removed himself from his father's sight before he changed his mind. He'd likely be able to see most of the fireworks from his bedroom.

The blond wizard turned the wand over in his hand making sure it was a toy. "It's only one of the toys from the fireworks. However, my apologies, Thomas and Corner, he shouldn't have pointed it at you."

The two wizards could only mutter, "Quite alright," and nodded at Malfoy. Both were shocked, two Malfoys had just apologized to them.

Draco turned his attention to Ginny, "Are you alright?"

"He's a Legilimens!" she whispered in shock.

"No, he likely overheard someone today." He kissed her cheek. "I'll leave you to chat with your friends if you're alright?"

"I'm fine." She touched his arm as he went to leave. "Stay here, Draco. You don't have to leave."

He pulled her to the side for a private word, "Ginny, go back to chatting with your friends. You were really enjoying yourself."

"And I'll enjoy it more if my husband is with me," she smiled.

He frowned, "They'll find a reason to leave if I stay with you. Most of them don't like me."

"Well, if you can stand there and be nice to them for me, then they bloody well better stay and be nice to you." She kissed his cheek.

"Ginny, I've kept you from them for years," he replied in a mournful tone.

The beautiful redhead smiled again. "That's all in the past. Come on. We're a packaged deal now. I don't need them as friends if they don't want you around."

--------------*************--------------

"It hurts, Daddy. It really hurts," Serpens cried as Draco carried him to the bar in the family parlor. The wizard poured a small amount of soda in a cup and then poured in a power. After mixing the drink, he gave it to the boy.

"Drink it all up, Serpens. It will make your tummy better." Draco noticed the piece of parchment Ginny had left there earlier and carried it with him to the settee. He sat down with Serpens' head lying in his lap as he rubbed the little wizard's stomach.

"You wouldn't have a belly ache if you would have listened to Mummy. How many desserts did you have?" Draco asked.

Ginny walked in the room and sat next to Draco. They rearranged the boy so he was lying on both of their laps. "I think it was all the candy, desserts, biscuits and pumpkin juice."

As they comforted their child, Draco opened the parchment and scanned it. "Bloody hell," he hissed "Ginny, do you know where this came from?"

"Percy gave it to me, why?"

The blond handed his wife the parchment.

Ministry of Magic
MEMORANDUM

TO: Minister of Magic

Wizengamot
International Business Transactions Department Head
Business Law Enforcement Department Head


FROM: Mr. Frank Hamilton, Public Relations

DATE: June 28, 2007

SUBJECT: Rita Skeeter's four part article on the Pureblood Marriage Law and Pario Potion Research.

According to our sources at the Daily Prophet, Ms. Rita Skeeter has written a four part article to appear bi-month starting July 15th. This article details her belief that the Ministry imposed the Pureblood Marriage Law in order to increase the number of pureblooded children in the wizarding world. She states that she has proof that this law was not a compromise for peace but desired by all those on the treaty board.

In her first article she details how this law has affected the innocent women and children and also alludes to a number of prophecies which predicted that peace would only be achieved once two warring families were united by a forced marriage.

Another part of the article claims that the Ministry is behind Malfoy Potion Unlimited in their attempts to clone the prefect wizard and witch. We are currently petitioning the Daily Prophet for copies of the articles before their release date.