Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

I Want You. We Want You.

--------------*************--------------

Thuban beamed as he stirred the mixture in the caldron. Since the World Cup two months ago, his parents and grandparents had been very busy. Information on the new laws the Ministry was planning to enforce had spread quickly through the wizarding world. Wizards and witches swiftly took sides, and the Ministry was forced into allowing an open forum on the topic before anything was passed. People on both sides were given eight weeks to collect facts to support their arguments.

The seven-year-old knew more about the new laws than most children his age, but he didn't want to think of it now. He had focused and worked very hard on his magical training with Professors McGonagall and Snape and making this potion was his reward. The little, blond wizard filled a test tube with his potion and walked it to Snape's desk.

"Does it look right, Professor?"

Snape eyed it, and then tested it on a puffy slug. Air appeared to come out of the animal, and it returned to its normal size. A small smile pulled on the greasy-haired wizard's face for only a moment. "Excellent, Thuban! Your father and grandfather will be very proud. Many of my second years find themselves challenged to make a Deflating Draught." Snape walked over to the caldron and waved his wand. The potion was placed into a number of bottles. "This is good enough for Madam Pomfrey's use."

Thuban smiled. "Malfoys have a natural talent for Potions. That's what Grandfather says."

"Your father was my best student." Snape eyed the fire. "Professor McGonagall informed me that you can extinguish fire without a wand."

"Wanna see?" Thuban looked at the fire and it went out. "I don't know why it was so important to her, but Dad told me to do as she asks, so I did." The boy sat on a bench. "How old do I have to be before you teach me how to be a better Legilimens? I know Dad doesn't want me to use it now, and it's really nice being able to not see things, but one day when I'm older, I'll want to use it."

"That is a question for your father, Thuban. I won't teach you until he agrees." Snape turned to door. "Enter!"

Ginny walked into the room. "Good afternoon, Professor."

"Mrs. Malfoy. Please inform Draco and Lucius that Thuban's performance was outstanding today."

The redheaded witch nodded and left the room hastily with her son. She never liked being in the dungeons, nor did she like being with Snape any longer than she had to. "Inform Lucius", she muttered. "I'm the child's mother! Sexist git."

Thuban giggled slightly. "You're saying that a little loud."

"Oh goodness", Ginny sighed.

"Don't worry. He upsets Grandmother too. She asked how I was doing last week. He said that he was going to send an owl about my progress to Dad and Grandfather." He paused. "I think she pulled her wand on him. I'm not sure because she made me go into the hallway. But she came out with the parchment." Thuban glanced at his mother. "Professor McGonagall wants us to stop by, if you have time."

Ginny took the boy's hand and went up the staircase to the gargoyle. "Blagging", Thuban said. "She said Dad gave her the idea for that password. Did Dad use to do that a lot?"

The redhead smiled, remembering the Quidditch match years ago where Draco delayed a Gryffindor win by grabbing onto Harry's broom tail. "He just did it against Gryffindor once."

They climbed the stairs and were surprised to see Professor McGonagall waiting for them. "It's nice to see you, Ginevra. I thought we could have a quick cup of tea." She led them to her desk where tea waited for the ladies and pumpkin juice for Thuban.

"I'm not hungry or thirsty. May I please watch the Quidditch practice?"

"Of course, Thuban", McGonagall replied.

"You will give us a scouting report, Mr. Malfoy?" asked Dumbledore's portrait.

The boy smirked. "Only if it's the Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs." Thuban removed a pair of Omnioculars from his pocket. "It's the Gryffindors. Did you still want a report Professor Dumbledore, or do you not want my Great-great-great-great-grandfather to hear?"

"He will be in Slytherin", Phineas Nigellus announced. "The Black blood runs strong in him and his brothers."

"They have Weasley blood", Ginny stated.

"Your Grandmother Weasley was a Black, my dear", Phineas replied.

Ginny stared at the portrait. "My mother's a Prewett."

Phineas Nigellus smiled. "Their bloodline is very strong. It is not surprising their powers are developing at such a young age."

Thuban glanced back. "The beaters are horrible, Professors. I don't think they could hit a giant. Maybe they need glasses." The boy moaned. "Sirius, that lucky dog! They do let him fly with them. It must be because of Mr. Madenly." Thuban walked over to Ginny. "Mum, may I please go to the pitch? Aunt Hermione is out there. I know my way out of the castle."

"I'll have an elf go with him, Ginny", McGonagall offered. A house elf appeared and the boy left the room. "He is doing very well with his control. However, you and Draco will need to tell him soon that he is a firebender. He is very close to figuring it out himself."

"We've been discussing it. Even after we tell him, we only want him trained in stopping and putting out fires at this time", Ginny informed her former Head of House.

"I would not teach him anything more. Once he is in his second year, he may attend a special summer program or you may get him a tutor. The same is true for Legilimency training." McGonagall poured Ginny more tea.

The red-haired witch frowned. "Draco wants Professor Snape to handle Thuban's training in that area."

"Thuban could have no better teacher, Ginevra. Severus is the most gifted Legilimens and Occlumens alive in Britain." Dumbledore paused. "Remember, Draco would not be alive if it weren't for Professor Snape. Trust him, Ginevra."

McGonagall cleared her voice as if she disagreed. "Ginny, are you presenting our findings to the Ministry? I, along with other members, believe you would be the best."

"And all of Lucius' friends believe it should be Draco. He is a much better speaker than me, plus he'll be better at the rebuttals."

"Do not underestimate yourself, Ginny. You were one of my brightest students", McGonagall interjected.

"I was never a Prefect. I'm not a leader. We need to present facts, not the emotional ranting of a mother", Ginny responded.

"Ah, Ginevra!" Dumbledore's blue eyes sparkled. "After you were possessed by Tom Riddle, I could not take the chance of making you a Prefect. I feared that Riddle could possess you again at any time." The portrait smiled. "The decision saddened me, for you are a natural leader, my dear. Half of the members of the DA were there because of you."

Ginny looked down at her tea. "Draco believes I should at least present part of our findings. I don't know. What if I panic?" The words barely left her lips when she smiled and found her confidence. It came from the strangest place. Her mind went back to when Thuban was six months old.

The redhead had panicked the first time Thuban choked on an item. Her screams had brought her mother-in-law into the room and the older witch removed the item with a flick of her wand. The blonde witch had then turned to her daughter-in-law and flatly stated, "You have no right to panic. Your child relies on your ability to save him."

Those words were still true today. She may have fallen back and panicked slightly for a time because Draco was there to do the protecting. But she needed to stop that. Her children needed her. Draco, McGonagall and Dumbledore thought she was best for the job, so she would do it.

--------------*************--------------

"Dad! Dad! Is something wrong?" Thuban raised a brow to his father.

Draco continued to absentmindedly stare at his eldest son. When did he get those? Draco wondered, examining the freckles on the boy's face. Had they been there all of his life? The blond wizard's eyes moved to his other three boys. Cam wore Ginny's smile. The devilish look in Serpens' eyes was hers, along with the red highlights in his hair. And as for Leo, what a perfect mix of both of them he was!

Thuban wrinkled his nose as his father's finger touched the spots on the boy's face. Seven, he counted only seven, three on each cheek and one on his nose.

"Dad!" Thuban voiced, annoyed.

"Grandma calls them sun kisses", Cam informed his father, bringing Draco out of his daze.

"Sorry, Thuban." Draco twisted towards Cam. "What did you say?"

"Grandma calls them sun kisses, freckles that only show up when you've been in the sun too long." Cam reached for a biscuit while looking at Draco. He nodded his approval. Cam took a bite, swallowed, then smiled. "Grandmother always puts a sun block charm on him. So does Mummy, but Grandma forgets sometimes. Are you mad about them?"

Draco smiled at Thuban. "I'm not upset. I love them. They're not sun kisses. Mummy gave him those."

Thuban wrinkled up his face in disgust. "Stop being sappy, Dad. You're sounding like a witch. Are you going to take us flying or not?"

"Ask that question again, please." Draco replied.

"Daddy, will you please take us flying like you promised?" Thuban smiled.

The blond wizard hugged his eldest. "Of course. We'll need to get our cloaks, hats, and gloves. There's a chill in the air."

They were up in the air in moments. Draco had Leo attached to his chest with a flying harness. The group flew slowly so Serpens could stay with them. Thuban was the first to decide to fly up and tap Ginny's second floor parlor window.

The witch looked up from her writing and smiled. She went to the window and watched her family flying around their grounds. Leo giggled madly as Draco flew in zigzags. Their cheeks were getting rosy, and she thought of calling them in, but they looked too happy to stop their fun.

--------------*************--------------

Ginny wondered where the Hogwarts students would have dinner if this meeting lasted much longer. However, there was no better place to discuss the magical future of wizarding children than the building where it had been taught for centuries. After weeks of political pressure, Minister Scrimgeour agreed that a public forum would be held to discuss the Binding Potion Law. Once hearing all sides, he and a panel of six would decide if the law would be passed or not.

The outcome could go either way. According to a poll in the Daily Prophet not only was the wizarding world split on the Binding Law, but so was the panel. Vance, an eighty-year-old witch, Dearborn, a black thirty-two year old wizard and Gibbon, a sixty-four year old Irish wizard opposed passing the law, while Abercrombie, a twenty-seven year old witch, Lawson, a thirty-six year old witch and Whitby, a twenty-eight year old wizard wanted the laws passed. Scrimgeour would be the deciding vote, and he was in favor of it. For that reason Molly, Narcissa, Mary Goyle, Violet Parkinson and Victoria Crabbe were not in the room. The witches had left in the early morning to spend a day in the French countryside with their grandchildren, a trip that would last until the children were seventeen, if the law was passed.

"Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy", Rufus Scrimgeour called. The young couple walked forward. "Which of you will be addressing the panel today?"

"Both", Ginny simply replied.

"According to the rules of this forum only one of you are allowed to speak", Scrimgeour ordered.

"I would ask for an amendment, Sir. My husband and I raise our children together and therefore should both be allowed to address issues that have impact on them", the redheaded witch calmly replied.

"No", Scrimgeour barked. "Only…"

Vance touched his hand. "I see nothing wrong with letting them both address the panel."

"I'd like to hear both of them", added Lawson.

Scrimgeour growled, "Amendment granted. Proceed."

Ginny looked down at her parchment, and then squeezed Draco's hand. The young witch looked up and smiled. "For the last week I huddled in my parlor and worked on this speech while my eldest sons were at school and my youngest sons napped. I would do the same every night after I put them to bed. Still, there wasn't time to finish it. Yesterday, I locked myself in my parlor while my husband watched our children. Words flowed easily from my quill to the parchment, though none of them seemed right.

"I was perplexed by my situation and frustrated by my inability to convey a simple point. My irritation was building to the point of fury, when I heard tapping on my window. I looked up to see the smiling face of my eldest son, Thuban. He sat on his broom, hovering by my window, his cheeks rosy from the cold October wind. My little wizard blew me a kiss then flew away in pursuit of his younger brothers.

"His appearance compelled me to the window, where I sat for hours watching my sons and husband play. They raced their brooms around our grounds followed by a children's version of Quidditch. Swivenhodge was next followed by Shuntbumps.

"Tired and cold, they sat and enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate. Leo Summoned a toy horse from the sandbox, which started a small clash between him and Serpens. Each boy believed the toy to be his, so when the other wasn't looking, they would Summon it to their side. It was at this point I realized what I needed to say to this panel.

"Magic is a part of my children. It makes them who they are, and what they are going to be. They use it in numerous ways everyday. It's the extra spring in their steps, the softer bounce of their falls, the poise of their walk and the firmer grip on their brooms.

"I would not remove their magic from them because of their occasional misuse of it, anymore than I would strike them mute for using offensive language, cripple them for wandering away from me, or tie their hands for touching things they shouldn't.

"After hearing the testaments today, my eyes have been opened to others' problems. Being raised in wizarding homes, my husband and I learned how to raise magical children from our parents. They are also still around to help us today. Muggleborns do not have this knowledge, and I can understand how difficult dealing with a magical child could be. But binding their children's magic isn't the answer. What is needed is parenting classes for Muggleborns and Muggles who are raising magical children."

The room remained silent after Ginny stopped. She was fearful that her statements had made no impact, but grateful that Draco was there to provide the facts. He squeezed her hand and smiled. "You were brilliant", he mouthed before turning to the panel.

"I totally agree with my wife's statement." He handed a roll of parchment to each member of the panel. "These parchments contain evidence that supports our position against the use of the Binding Potion. It is in four parts. I will first briefly explain each part, before going into greater detail.

"Pages one through five explain how the Binding Potion originated. This potion was used in the fifteen hundreds to remove powers from disobedient house elves. It was later modified to temporarily remove powers from wizards found guilty of crimes. Its use was disallowed in the sixteen hundreds, because it was believed to permanently diminish the taker's magical abilities.

"Page six details our findings on magical accidents caused by children under the age of eleven. These numbers are very low, and we can find no cases where a child had lost a life, or even suffered a life-lasting injury. Page seven details the same thing for accidents caused by children eleven to sixteen.

"Pages eight through ten detail the number of times the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad was dispatched for incidents involving magic of children under the age of eleven. This was less than .02% in the last ten years. Pages eleven to one hundred and twenty two are testaments for over one hundred cases in which a child's life was saved because of their magical ability.

"Now, if you would turn to page one…"

"Mr. Malfoy, do you plan on reading this document to us?" Dearborn asked with a scowl.

"I had hoped to review it", Draco replied.

"We're more than capable of reading it ourselves", Whitby almost growled.

"I don't see the point in reading it at all", Abercrombie agreed.

Gibbon huffed, "No point! Are you going to…?"

Abercrombie whispered to the witch next to her, who nodded. "Gibbon calm yourself." She looked at the witch and wizards to the Minister's right. "Are you still opposed to the Binding Law?" The group confirmed this with a nod. "Very well then. Mrs. Malfoy's statement has swayed Melissa and me. That makes it five against, Minister."

--------------*************--------------

One moment Ginny had Draco's hand firmly in hers, and the next she was spinning around. She knew she was just outside the Great Hall, but all she could see was the jubilant face of her father-in-law. The witch had never seen him so euphoric before, not even the early morning after Thuban's birth. His emotions seemed to flow through his hands and into her body. Ginny felt the same elation she remembered from her childhood, when her father would spin her this way.

Lucius placed her on her feet and kissed her cheek. "Brilliant, Ginevra! What a wonder you are! I must get to the Villa and inform Narcissa." He kissed her cheek again, walked past Draco without saying a word and seemed to be bouncing down the hall.

"Move it, Ron!" Bill tried to push past his youngest brother.

"Shut it, Bill. I want to lock this in my memory. Lucius Malfoy was beaming at my sister. He was putty in her hands. Look at him; it's as if someone hit him with an overly powerful cheering charm."

"Father is acting a bit out of character", Draco agreed.

The Weasley clan chortled loudly.

"A little, Malfoy", Ron laughed. "I can just see him at the next Malfoy party." Ron walked over to Ginny. He put his hand softly on her back and looked at Bill. In a deep voice very close to Lucius' he started, "I'd like to introduce you to my lovely daughter-in-law, Ginevra. Yes, we are very proud of her. Her testament to the review panel in October was exceptional." Ron then motioned to Draco. "That's her husband, Draco."

The blond wizard smirked. "You're correct, Weasley. I'm her husband." He whispered in Ron's direction, "And I enjoy all the benefits that go along with it."

Ginny patted Draco's chest. "Behave." He nodded and started to walk her out of the building. At the bottom of the stairs cameras flashed in her direction.

"Mrs. Malfoy, how does it feel to know you've stopped the Binding Law?"

"Can we expect to see more of you in the political arena?"

"Do you have a speech writer?"

"Please a comment, Mrs. Malfoy."

The redhead placed her arm around her husband's waist. "We are very excited and pleased with the panel's decision. We believe it is the best for the wizarding world." She turned to Draco. "I'd like to go home now."

"Excuse us, ladies and gentlemen." He moved them through the crowd of people.

"Mr. Malfoy", a reporter yelled after them. "There are rumors that a Parliament will be created to oversee the passing of laws. Will you allow your wife to run for one of the seven positions?"

Ginny sighed and put her head on his shoulder as they reached the gates and Disapparated.

"Thank, Merlin. I'm so exhausted, I could sleep for a week", Ginny exclaimed.

"Let's get you in bed then", he answered, without his normal devilish grin. She could tell he was deep in thought. Draco didn't say a word until they were spooned under their covers. "What did you think of that last question, Gin?"

"Electing a parliament is a great idea. We've needed it for years. Do you think it will happen?"

"Scrimgeour's fighting it right now; however, Father and others are sure it will. What do you think about running for office?" Draco asked.

She giggled, "That's rich, Draco."

"I'm not joking, Gin. You're perfect for the job."

"I'm not a politician. Besides, we've already discussed my working. You've made it clear you want me home with the children until the last one is at Hogwarts." Ginny cuddled into him.

"Things are different now", he whispered. "Some tasks are too important to leave to others."

--------------*************--------------

"Ginny dear, let me get that", Molly said moving for the oven.

"Mum, sit down or I'll kick you out of the kitchen." Ginny waved her wand and the roasted chickens and potatoes came out of the oven and placed themselves on platters on the table. "Do you want to ruin my birthday present to you?"

"Of course not dear, however cooking for the whole family is…"

"Mum, I enjoy cooking. I don't get a chance to very often." The young witch giggled. "It upsets the house elves."

"Happy Birthday, Grandmum", Gabe and Brittany yelled as they entered the kitchen.

Bill and Fleur entered at a slower pace and greeted Molly. Fleur hurried over to help Ginny finish the meal. It wasn't long before the kitchen was full of the Weasley family members. The table was set, and the food was ready. As her brothers chatted with their mother, Ginny impatiently tapped her foot. Draco was already fifteen minutes late, and she was going to have to start serving soon.

"Gramma!" Leo came running into the room. He stopped in front of Molly. "Me got Dwagons." The nineteen month old pulled his trousers down and proudly showed off his dragon printed boxers. Thuban, Cam and Serpens giggled from the doorway.

Molly helped the boy pull up his trousers. "They're lovely, dear", she whispered. "But you should not show them to others."

Draco rolled his eyes at his youngest son. Fred and George caught the look and acted like they were unbuckling their belts. "We have Hellhounds on our boxers, Malfoy", George said.

Fred grinned. "We'll show you ours if you show us yours."

"Boys", Molly playfully scolded.

"I bet he's wearing the heart covered ones", Fred said to his twin.

George shook his head. "He's wearing the black ones that declare Ginny's ownership."

Draco eyed his brothers-in-law, wished Molly a happy birthday, and then went over to Ginny. "Sorry, Love. Did you know Cam had purchased a gift on his own for your mother?"

Ginny led him to their chairs. "No, but that does explain his upset about not going to Diagon Alley for the last week."

"Are you still avoiding the reporters, Ginny?" Bill asked.

"They're nutters! I can't go anywhere without having three or four of them asking me dozens of questions. I make one little testament." She sat as Draco held out her chair.

"That little testament changed hundreds of people's minds, Love." Draco pushed in her chair and kissed her cheek. "It's not the first time you've done that either. The charity groups have requested you to give their presentations for years. You can talk a skinflint out of his last Knut."

"She can be very persuasive", Charlie agreed.

"Persuasive?" Fred asked. "That's an understatement."

"Talked us out of many a fix", George nodded.

Ginny hissed, "Little ears", quickly eyeing her sons.

Serpens giggled into his hand. "Mummy, we know you were a pre… pre…" He glanced at Thuban.

"Grandpa tells us all the time that you were a precocious little witch." Thuban rolled his eyes. "Then he says not to misbehave unless we intend to show him something new." The boy looked at his plate of food. "He knows all the tricks."

Draco bit back his desire to retort. Overall his children were very well behaved, but it was true Arthur Weasley seemed to always know what his grandchildren were up to when they were at the Burrow.

"Well, that nervy, sassy wit of hers makes her an outstanding speaker. She should make use of that talent. She'd have no problem getting elected into a government office", Draco interjected.

"Elected? Government office? Do you think the rumors about a Parliament are correct?" Arthur inquired.

All the adults at the table looked at Draco. The wizard smirked. "You know they are, Arthur."

"It can't be true", Percy said. "Your lot wouldn't let it."

"Why would they be opposed to a Parliament? It was Jugson's idea", George questioned.

"The Wizarding Conservative Party isn't a fan of Scrimgeour's", Draco stated coldly.

Bill grimaced. "I would think you'd dislike Shacklebolt more. He's the man behind the Wizarding Humanist Party."

"Shacklebolt is a means to an end. Scrimgeour is fighting Parliament and there is no one in our party that your party will support for Minister." Again Draco's statement was said coldly.

"The rumors are true. You and Lucius are supporting Shacklebolt. It's because of", Ron stopped and quickly eyed Thuban. "We should talk about this later. I'm sure politics are boring the children."

"If it has to do with my mummy working on more speeches, I think me and my brothers should get a say." Cam glared at Draco, anger showing in the little boy's eyes. "I've hated the last months. Mummy was too busy. I want her at home!"

"Cam, watch your tongue", Draco warned.

"I need Mummy too", Serpens added.

Leo banged his spoon on his highchair. "My Mummy."

The blond wizard glanced at his eldest son. "You might as well chime in."

"Coming home to Mummy's warm biscuits and hugs is the best", Thuban softly stated. "It makes me forget the worst days."

Draco sighed. "I can't argue with that." The blond then looked around the table trying to think of a way of changing the subject. "Where are Hermione and her lot?"

"Oh, they came by earlier. It's her twins' birthday too." Molly smiled.

"Oh, I thought it was Saturday", Draco replied.

"That's just their party," Gabe responded excitedly. "Thuban, there are going to be lots of Professional Quidditch players there."

--------------*************--------------

"Take my hand, sweetheart", Walden said to Harriet as they left the tube station at Piccadilly Circus. "I wouldn't want you to get lost", the brown haired wizard smiled at her.

The eight-year-old witch beamed and grabbed tightly with both of her hands to his free one. Her twin brother Sirius walked a few steps in front of the group. He was eight now and didn't need to hold his mother's hand. Harriet really didn't need to hold her Uncle Denny's, that's what the children had been calling him for the last two months. She simply wanted to.

Today was the best birthday she could remember. Her Uncle Denny had taken the afternoon off to be with them. It started at the park in Hogsmeade. He pushed her over and over again on the swing and merry-go-round. Even Sirius had enjoyed the ride. Only after Denny had lain on the ground pretending he was exhausted, did they head off to the Muggle children's bookstore in London.

It was a standard birthday stop. They listened to story hour, and then picked a birthday book. This year she had selected 'A Wrinkle in Time' and Sirius picked 'Indian in the Cupboard'. It was the first time that either child could remember liking the book their sibling selected.

"I'll never get used to all the lights, noise and people", Denny stated. "Why they need to advertise so much is beyond me." The wizard stared at the lighted billboards on the Muggle street.

Sirius turned around and nodded. "I think we should go to the bookstore in Diagon Alley next week. Thuban says they have story hour too. They have a book club for kids eight and older." The boy pointed to a storefront. "There it is, Mum. Uncle Denny, this place is really neat. It looks like a rainforest in the Amazon. They have animals that move and a thunderstorm every twenty minutes." He leaned close to the wizard. "And they do it all without magic."

--------------*************--------------

"Thank you", Molly said as she placed the necklace around her neck. "What a lovely birthday this has been!"

Cam handed her a large brown envelope and a beautifully wrapped present. "Open the gift first, Grandma."

The old witch removed the ribbons and ripped the red paper open, revealing an exquisite black book with golden writing on it. She flipped through the pages seeing photo after photo along with a story.

"I'm sorry I took your favorite photos, Grandma. I know it upset you that they were missing. They're in the envelope. The book is charmed, only you can add photos or change the stories. If you touch the picture with the quill on the front cover, all you have to do is speak and the story will be changed. The book can't be destroyed either, so the Weasley family can have it forever."

Molly reached out and gathered the boy into a tight embrace. She clearly remembered the day she had seen the ad in Witch Weekly. The witch had commented on her desire for the book. At a cost of ten thousand Galleons, she could never afford the item. Cam must have overheard. She had turned to Ginny, ready to readdress her desire that she and Draco not buy her expensive gifts, when Ginny smiled at her.

"He did it all by himself, Mum. I had no idea."

Cam frowned a little. "Not all by myself. I had to tell Grandfather. I can't get money out of my vault without him or Mummy or Daddy. Uncle Bill found out too. It worked out for the best. Grandfather connected me with a wizard who added a lot of things at no extra charge. And Uncle Bill got me more photos and told me lots more stories."

Bill muttered. "The withdrawal emptied his vault."

The six-year-old shrugged his shoulders. "The Galleons were nothing. I could have just brought her the book, but I thought it would be nicer if it were already done. Getting the photos was the hard part. I risked getting a reddened bottom a number of times." He looked at his beaming Grandma. "But Grandma's smile was worth it."

Molly hugged the boy again, now knowing his gift was about giving her love, not trying to buy it. Her eyes filled with tears.

Draco put his hand on his son's back. "Good show, Cam. Now why don't you and the other children go out back and play? There's an hour of sun left. If you stay here much longer, your Grandma may drown you in tears."

The children wasted no time leaving the kitchen. Draco summoned Tipsy to keep an eye on them, before turning his attention to the adults. "It will be announced Monday morning. Scrimgeour is resigning. Shacklebolt will be the new Minister. He will be putting a panel of six advisors together. My father is one of the four already selected. This panel will set up the rules of our new Parliament. Hopefully election will take place in March of 2008."

"I heard you and Lucius were supporting Shacklebolt. It's because his youngest is a firebender like Thuban, isn't it?" Ron asked.

"The well being of all my children was part of my decision. Shacklebolt is a good wizard. He is a pureblood who wants reform, but not to change our world", Draco started.

"Malfoy, be quiet for a moment. I'm not coming across clearly, I guess. I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm an arse, so let me explain what I mean. I know you blame Shacklebolt for taking Ginny away from you nineteen months ago. I'm impressed that you would put your family before your petty dislikes.

"I know you love my sister and her sons. I'm not trying to discredit you; I'm trying to understand you. You're not the bloke I remember from school." Ron stopped to see everyone in the room staring at him. "What?"

"I think Malfoy's growing on you", Fred joked.

"Well, it's hard to dislike someone who keeps making Gin so joyful. Are you happy now?" Ron shouted.

Luna wrapped her arm around his waist. "Sweetheart, say you like Draco, then you can rib him all you want."

"Alright, I like the git", he snarled. "He's changed into a nice wizard. I don't agree with all of his political views…"

"You're an okay guy too, Weasley, although I don't see us picking out drapers together", Draco mocked.

Ron turned to Luna. "Can I joust him now?"

"I don't know, can you?" Luna smiled.

Draco snickered. "If you were asking permission, Weasley, the word to use is 'may'. 'May' is used when seeking permission. 'Can' is used when discussing your ability."

"Bite me, Malfoy", Ron hissed.

The blond wizard smirked. "Again, I don't see our relationship going in that direction."

"Just shut it." Ron left the room.

Draco looked at his brothers-in-law. "Is he always that easy?"

"You've opened it now." Ginny warned him. "Don't expect me to help you when Ron retaliates."

--------------*************--------------

Thuban folded his arms and sat back in his chair. "If you won't let me read the paper, please tell Cam and I your version. Kids at school are going to talk about it."

Draco sat the paper down and glanced at Ginny. "We should go back to a tutor."

"No, Daddy. I like going to school with the other children", Cam interjected.

Thuban shrugged. "It's all right. Now that I'm in grade 3 with Gabe, I'm learning things." He paused. "Just let us know what the lie is."

"They're back to their old silliness saying I don't love your father, sweetheart", Ginny softly answered.

"Oh, was it written by Bart Smithe? His daughter's in my class. She said something yesterday about you and Grandfather trying to get Mum a job at the Ministry. And you were going to make her do whatever you said."

The boys' laughter rang around the table. Leo joined in, not knowing why his brothers were laughing. "Daddy make Mummy do whatever he says!" Serpens giggled.

"That's rich!" Cam added.

Thuban could only nod at first. "She said it in front of Gabe. He laughed so hard, Ms. Western made him sit in the corner."

"Lies are nothing to laugh at, boys", Draco stated.

"I can't help it, Daddy. It's hard to get mad when the lies are so silly." Thuban took a bite of bacon.

"He gets mad sometimes. Filcher said Mummy was stupid and someone else wrote her testament. Thuban punched him in the tummy", Serpens proudly stated.

"Thuban!" Ginny scolded. "What have I told you about fighting?"

"I wouldn't have to fight like a Muggle if I had a wand. I could…"

"Draco!" Ginny eyed her husband for help.

"Thuban, it is inappropriate to hit or hex others. If there's a problem, let your mother or I know." Draco's statement was given half-heartedly.

"And", Ginny added, "Your father will take his belt to your bottom."

Draco's eyes opened wide with surprise. "I will not spank any of them for defending your honor."

Ginny huffed, then she eyed her sons. "I'll take my wand to your bottoms then. No fighting or hexing. Understand?"

"Yes, Mummy." The boys replied.

The hallway clock chimed. Draco used his napkin on the corner of his mouth and took a drink of his tea. "Come along, Thuban, Cam." He walked over to Ginny. She turned away from his kiss. "Ah, Love, don't be that way."

"I don't want them to fight no matter the reason." Ginny coldly stated.

The blond wizard sighed, and then gave his sons firm stares. "Fighting displeases your mother. Refrain from that activity. If you do not, we will take a trip to my study. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Sir."

Draco returned his eyes to Ginny. Softness and warmth replaced the firm stare. "Happy now?"

She nodded and kissed him. "Thank you. Draco, I'm meeting Hermione for lunch today. Remember?"

"No, I hadn't. I'll order something in", Draco replied.

The eldest two boys and Draco walked to the family parlor to Floo to the boys' school. "Are kisses really that good?" Cam asked.

"What?" Draco replied.

"Mummy's kisses. Are they really that good to make you change your mind?" the six-year-old filled in.

The blond wizard smiled. "Mummy had a point. I think you're a little young to decide when to fight and when to walk away. However, your punishment will befit your crime."

Cam gave his father a perplexed stare. Thuban patted his brother's back. "Dad means that he won't spank us for fighting a git that insults Mum."

--------------*************--------------

Draco was not in a good mood when he walked out of his office. He saw Ginny exiting the lift as he handed his assistant some paperwork. The redheaded witch smiled and politely chatted with the company employees. The blond wizard couldn't stop himself from slightly groaning when he saw her. Whatever possessed his witch to wear that Muggle item in his office in front of his employees? He disliked seeing her in any trousers. Well, Quidditch and riding britches he enjoyed. But Muggle jeans were awful.

He preferred her in A-line skirts or dresses for everyday wear and she was gorgeous in formal evening gowns. He took great pleasure in viewing her in a mini skirt, which was normal nightclubbing wear. Well, on second thought, he did like that Muggle jean material in the form of those short shorts she wore in the summer. But long jeans, no! Not even if they were tight and showed her wonderful backside. He was a leg wizard, and that was that.

Ginny kissed his cheek. "Good afternoon, honey."

The blond wizard returned her kiss, wrapped his arm around her, and walked her into his office. "Went to a Muggle café for lunch?"

"Of course", she teased. "You wouldn't want me discussing your sexual prowess in the center of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley."

He eyed her, clearly telling her he found nothing funny about her statement. Draco sat in his chair and focused on his paperwork.

"My, you must be having a bad day", Ginny stated as she removed her coat, revealing her small pregnant bump.

He huffed.

"Well, I'm glad we came to visit", she puffed softly.

"We", he snorted. "Did you buy another Pigmy Puff?"

"No, we can cheer you up, honey."

"Thanks for trying, Ginny. But nothing's going to help until I get through these papers", he groaned.

"Look up, you giant prat!"

His eyes left his papers. He instantly noticed the evidence of their growing child. Draco was out of his chair immediately. The wizard put his hands on each side of her small bump, knelt in front of her and kissed it. With a silly grin on his face, he glanced at his wife. "You brought my baby witch for her first visit."

"I'm sure it's another baby wizard." She kissed his forehead. "Told you we'd make you happy."

He stood up and walked her to the settee. They sat, and he placed his had on her belly. "Did you come by for an after luncheon walk?"

"Yes, but my plans have changed." She flicked her wand and his work landed on the table in front of them. "We'll stay here. Touching our baby has always helped you get through ghastly paperwork."

A surprised expression crossed his face. "She just moved, didn't she?"

"You can't have touched that, Draco."

"I most certainly did", he beamed with pride.

--------------*************--------------

The entire guest list had departed from the Potter twins' party except for the Malfoys. Ginny was helping her friend clean up, when an owl dropped Hermione's evening edition of the Daily Prophet in the middle of the table. "You need to get a different delivery owl, Granger. Decent owls deliver to desktops", Draco spouted, brushing crisps off his clothing.

Ginny walked over and helped clean him off. "It was an accident, Say you're sorry." she whispered.

"Sorry, I'm the one with crisps down my trousers."

"Draco, please it's been…" Ginny's eyes started to tear.

"I apologize for my outburst, Hermione. It's been a long day." He picked up the paper to hand in to her. The front page caught his attention. "Great galloping centaurs, he resigned two days early!"

"What?"

"Scrimgeour resigned. Shacklebolt is our new Minister. He's already announced the forming of Parliament." Draco handed Hermione the paper and turned to his wife. "Gin?"

The redhead waved her wand a few more times and the kitchen was spotless. "I'm done." She kissed Hermione's cheek. "Thanks for inviting us, Hermione. I'll Floo you tomorrow." Ginny placed her arm around Draco. "Let's collect the boys and portkey home."

--------------*************--------------

"Sirius Potter is so lucky that his mum knows all those Quidditch stars. Mr. Krum's great for letting us in the Puddlemere United locker room. No one is going to be able to top that part", Cam excitedly said after the family landed in the parlor of Black Hall.

"We's sorry, Misses and Master!" a few house elves squeaked as they chased a collection of owls out the front door.

"Tipsy, what is going on?" Draco ordered.

"Owls being coming for Misses. Some doesn't want to leave", the elf replied. "Misses parlor is full of letters."

The couple hurried to Ginny's parlor. The redhead opened a letter, scanned it, and then handed it to her husband. After doing this a dozen times, she looked at her husband, clearly shocked. "They want me to run for a seat in Parliament!"

-----------------------------

Author Notes: I'd like to thank all of my readers and reviewers. Your support keeps me going. Also a special thank you to my beta reader. In chapter 12, the game Thuban gave Arthur was the Nintendo DS lite with Nintendogs Best Friends. Arthur has enchanted it to work without batteries.

You may want to view my live journal, dagforever at livejournal dot com, for scenes that are not compliant with this site.

I have updated my website www dot geocities dot com / dagforever01 with birth dates, wedding dates, and new photos.

I hope you enjoy reading this new chapter.

The books that the Potter twins selected have special meaning. A Wrinkle in Time was the first book I read. It turned me onto reading. An Indian in the Cupboard has two meanings. First a Cupboard is where Harry spent ten of his first eleven years. And second, I hope to work Little Bear's line, "You should not use magic you don't understand" into my story. Arthur Weasley would think that sound advise for his grandchildren. Hopefully I can also work Arthur wisdom of "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain" I keep thinking wouldn't it be funny if one of the Weasley grandchildren refused to put the sorting hat on because of that statement of Arthur's?