Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Love Is For by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Love Is For

d&gforever

An Almost Perfect Weekend

--------------*************--------------

Cam, Serpens and Thuban leaned forward in their seats. Their arms rested on the railing of their family's Theatre box with their chins placed in their hands. The three little wizards intensely watched the children's play on the stage below them. Narcissa would have a fit if she saw her grandsons' lack of decorum. Draco lightly tapped each boy on the back, causing them to straighten up in their seats. This was a process that he had to repeat every time an exciting scene was played out on the stage.

"I don't know why you bother", Ginny quietly giggled. The boys had just straightened up, when the fake dragon on stage roared, and a battle between it and a wizard began. This action prompted the boys to lean forward again.

Draco tapped each boy yet again before smiling at his wife. "Force of habit."

"Go Dwagon!" Leo spouted, who was seated next to his father.

The blond wizard put his finger to his mouth. "Shh, mate. You need to be quiet in the theatre so others can enjoy the play."

"Sowwy", the toddler whispered, then turned his attention back to the show.

"They are behaving very well", Draco whispered to his wife before taking her hand in his.

He had been slightly worried three months ago when Ginny had decided a trip to the theatre with the children every fortnight would be a wonderful family evening. Draco had hated the theatre as a child and surely his sons would too. Little wizards aren't meant to sit still for two or three hours. However, this wasn't one's normal play.

Ginny, along with a group of other young aristocratic mothers, had raised funds so the Theatre Company could run a month long series of children's plays. They were only one hour long and started at five thirty on Friday evenings. This gave the company time to restage for their eight p.m. normal production.

The series had been so successful, that the owner of the theatre decided to continue the children's plays at least through the winter months. The owner had made a few changes, the main one being that plays that appealed to little witches ran the first and third Fridays of each month and plays that appealed to little wizards ran the second and fourth Fridays. On months with five Fridays, a play that appealed to both was presented.

Serpens clapped loudly when the curtains closed, ending the show. "I hope they do that one again. I could watch it over and over."

"It was neat", Thuban agreed.

"Was that a real Mountain Troll, Daddy?" Cam asked.

"I don't think so, son. They can't be trained. Other types of trolls can, but not the Mountain." An elf appeared in the box with a collection of cloaks. Draco stood and helped Ginny with hers first. "Come along, sons. Let's get our cloaks on."

Thuban and Cam put theirs on, while Draco assisted Serpens and Ginny tended to Leo. The blond wizard placed his own cloak on before turning to his family. He and Ginny adjusted the children's cloaks and freshened up their appearance before walking out of their box. It had become second nature for the red haired witch to check not only her own but her children's appearance as well before going out in public. The Prophet's social pages were not forgiving to the influential wizarding families. Add in the fact that she was thinking of running for public office, and any hair out of place would find her children's picture on the first page with a rude comment below it.

Draco placed Leo on his hip and took a firm hold of Serpens' hand. "Thuban, Cam, hold your mother's hands. It will be very crowded."

The boys did as they were told and the family made their way out of the crowded building and down the street. Most of the shops in this part of Diagon Alley closed at six. There were few people walking along with them. They stopped in front of a closed shop and Ginny reached in her purse, removing a hand-size pushchair.

At the sight of it, Leo started to shake his head. "No! No! Me walk. Peas. Me walk. Me big boy."

"We'll try, little mate", Draco announced as he placed the toddler on his own feet. "When the street gets crowded, you'll have to go into the pushchair."

"I'll hold his hand and watch him, Dad." Thuban went to his youngest brother's side. "May we go to Uncle George and Fred's shop first? It's not crowded on the way there, and they said they had a surprise for us."

"Just what I need", the blond sarcastically started, "a surprise from your uncles."

"It's not for you. It's for us boys", Cam added.

Draco rolled his eyes in a playful manner and teased his sons. "I really don't need that, then."

"Please, Daddy", Serpens pleaded. "We've been good and we won't do anything bad in the shop or at dinner." The four-year-old batted his eyes at his father. The other boys turned and added their cutest pleading looks.

The blond chuckled. "How long have you lot been planning this attack of cuteness?"

"We didn't plan anything, we are naturally adorable", Cam replied.

"That you are young Master Malfoy!" came a voice from in front of them. When the boys turned, a number of cameras flashed. The four photographers snapped their shots and quickly exited the scene.

Ginny sighed heavily. "Merlin, if this is what it's like now, what will it be like when I announce my candidacy?"

"So you've decided?" Draco asked with a smile.

"You know I haven't. I was merely thinking out loud. Would the photographers go away if I dropped out?"

"I think they would increase for a time. Everyone would want your story." He paused. "They're going to keep going for a couple of months whether you run or not. They're not really taking any more of our photos now."

She leaned into her husband as they walked down the street. "Just being us brings the photographers around. But we have been seeing a little more of them lately."

--------------*************--------------

Draco sighed contently as he stepped out of the fireplace at Malfoy Manor. He had enjoyed the previous evening with his family, however tonight was going to be a real treat. It had been some time since he was out alone with his mates. It would also be nice for Ginny to get out with the other witches. She always was in a better mood after. Their evening would be topped off when they both returned home to a boy-free house that evening.

Leo squirmed free of his father's grip shortly after stepping into the foyer. The twenty-month-old hurried to the family parlor as fast as his chubby little legs would carry him. The boy's cries of "Gamfaddew! Gamfaddew!" echoed off the walls.

Serpens stayed next to his father and allowed him to clean off the soot. "Ms. Stacy helped me make a special dragon out of clay. It's a mix between a Romanian Longhorn and a Peruvian Vipertooth. Her friend is going to fire it in a kiln."

"Is his bite venomous like the Vipertooth? I wouldn't want a dangerous animal in the house", Draco questioned, appearing truly interested.

The little boy giggled into his hand. "It's a make believe dragon, Daddy. It can't hurt anyone. If it was real, venus or not, it would still be dangerous. Uncle Charlie says all real dragons are dangerous."

The blond wizard tapped his son's nose playfully. "Your Uncle Charlie is right. Let's go find your grandparents." The two wizards set off. When they turned the first corner Lucius, Narcissa and Leo came into sight.

Lucius was merrily chatting with the babe on his hip, not paying much attention to the others. The smile on Narcissa's face dropped for the briefest moment upon seeing her son and grandson. The witch knelt and opened her arms for the boy. Serpens was quickly off hugging the witch.

"I missed you, Grandmother."

"I've missed you too, darling. We're going to have a wonderful time. I have a special treat in the dining room waiting for you." Narcissa turned to her husband. "Lucius, please take the boys. I'd like a word with Draco."

Mother and son walked into the front parlor. "Where are Thuban and Cygnus?"

"I informed you yesterday that they were invited to a sleepover at Bill Weasley's."

The society witch was frazzled. "I told you we would watch all the children."

Draco touched her arm. "The sleepover is a play date for the boys, Mother. They haven't been able to play with Gabe in over a fortnight."

"I'm their grandmother." The witch picked up the Prophet and threw it at her son. "And I have to read about their lives in the paper. Do you know what it's like to see them in the paper more than you see them in person?"

A photo of his sons smiled and waved at him from the item he had caught. "Mother-"

She removed her silk, lace covered hanky and started dabbing her eyes. "I haven't seen them in over a week. I'm not even allowed to take them to their lessons anymore. You've replaced me with a nanny."

The blond wizard embraced his mother. This was not the same witch that pushed him off on his nanny years ago. It seemed that Ginny had changed all of them more than anyone knew.

"We haven't replaced you, Mother. Ginny's only meetings this week were during your garden club and Daughters of Morgana meetings. Ginny is taking them to their lessons, not Stacy." He kissed her checks. "You're been after me for years to get Ginevra some help. Now you're complaining-"

"I miss my grandchildren. They don't need a nanny. I can miss social club meetings to care for them. Don't take them away from me." Narcissa's tears fell in earnest.

Draco caressed her face. "Mother, neither Ginny nor myself intend to remove you from the children's lives. I am sorry if it appeared that way. We can't have you missing meetings. That's important to our business." He smiled at her. "But I'm sure we can arrange time for you to collect or visit the boys every week."

--------------*************--------------

As the waiters gathered the desert plates, Pansy walked to the front of the private dinning hall which contained twenty witches of varying ages. Five of the witches, Diane's mother, her aunts, and Greg's mother were in their fifties. Another five were in the mid-to-late twenties. The remaining witches were nineteen and twenty.

Diane was the first of her school friends to be married. Her maid of honor wanted to give the young witch a wild hens' night. This couldn't be done with the wives of the groom's best mates present or the witches in their fifties. It would also be improper not to invite them. Pansy had come to the rescue, devising this two in one party plan. The raven haired witch arranged for dinner and entertainment at this private hall. This party would be complete around midnight. The younger witches would then meet at a different location to continue the celebration.

"Hello, good evening everyone. I'm… Goodness… Speeches aren't my strong suit." Pansy paused. "The best thing a married witch can give a witch soon to be married is advice." She pointed to the door. "Here is my advice."

A woman wearing a long, flowered, over-sized nightgown, worn out bunny slippers, rollers in her hair and a white paste on her face came out. She walked to the front center of the room.

"Good evening, ladies. I'm Sapphire. This evening I'm going to teach Diane and the rest of you ways to keep that special wizard in your life happy." She put up one finger. "The most important and truly only thing you need to remember about a wizard, is an immensely happy wizard gives his witch tremendously delightful orgasms."

The young witches giggled madly. The twenty-some witches smirked and giggled slightly, while the fifty-year-old witches nodded in agreement. A beautiful fifty-year-old witch with a dark skin tone added, "The happier the better!"

Laughter filled the hall. "Great Merlin, Pansy", Padma leaned into her friend. "I couldn't imagine having her for a mother-in-law."

"Blaise's mother's a hoot", Daphne countered.

"If you think a sex crazed old witch is a hoot-" Millicent puffed.

Ginny patted Millicent's hand. "There, there. Don't get upset." Ginny glanced at Mrs. Zabini. "She was right. If you both don't need a nap after sex, you're doing something wrong."

Pansy shook her hand. "I disagree. It simply means you're not done, and you need to do it again."

"It's a matter of being in sync with each other. You and Richard will find your rhythm", Padma jested.

Millicent's face turned red. "There is nothing wrong with my sex life." She sat back in her chair. "Make one little comment-"

"We're teasing you, you old cow. And so was Blaise's mother. Sweet Merlin! I think the first trimester is the worst. No one can tell you're pregnant, but the hormones are causing mayhem. It's likely the hormones that are keeping you awake", Pansy stated.

They turned their attention back to Sapphire. "I don't care what your bedtime routine is now. Never look like this." She waved her wand. Her long, blonde hair flowed down her back, her face cream gone. She wore a form fitting nightgown with a robe over it and lovely slippers that had a small heel. "Dress for romance, and you will get it." The witch waved her wand again. A rack of lingerie rolled next to her.

Sapphire conducted an informative and playful comedy act as she showed the many items. Mrs. Zabini added her own comments from time to time about how good or bad an item was. After thirty or so minutes Sapphire waved her wand again, and a thin silver pole that went from floor to ceiling appeared next to her.

"From time to time everyone needs to add some spice into their love life." She patted the pole. "A short pole dance in your bedroom will get any wizard going. I need some help." She pointed to Mrs. Zabini. "You may be able to help me teach." Mrs. Zabini hurried to the front. Sapphire pointed to Ginny.

The redhead stood up, showing her pregnant belly. Sapphire cleared her throat. "Oh, I'll pick someone else."

"No, I'm always looking to learn something new", Ginny replied with a grin.

Mrs. Zabini whispered into Sapphire's ear. The blonde witch stared at Ginny. "What number pregnancy is this for you, my dear?"

"Fifth."

"How many years have you been married?"

"Eight."

Sapphire smiled at Ginny. "Five children in eight years! Dear, you don't need my help. I'd say your wizard is a very happy man."

The fiery redhead smirked. "Yes, but he could be happier."

"My dear, I can't be party to that. An overly euphoric mind and body can easily be pushed into a hallucinatory state", Sapphire replied.

Pansy grinned broadly. "So, you really can shag someone silly! Where can I sign up?"

Laughter echoed off the walls, along with many other witches' wishes to be shagged silly. While Sapphire tried to get the group's attention, Mrs. Zabini decided to give the pole a go. The very fit fifty-year-old took a couple of steps for speed, jumped slightly so that she touched the top of the pole. She held her legs up and out in a 'V' and spun slowly around the pole.

Before her bottom touched the floor many were watching her. After completing that spin, she placed her hands on the middle of the pole. The witch lifted her body, so that her feet were at the top of the pole. She wrapped one leg around the pole and spun twice around it upside down. Mrs. Zabini softly flipped her feet back on the floor and smiled at Sapphire.

"Those are likely a little too advanced", Mrs. Zabini stated. "Would you like me to show them the basic walk or fireman?"

The blonde witch sighed. "I'm used to being the comic, not the straight witch."

The older witch turned to her daughter-in-law. "Stop gaping, Pansy. Pole dancing has been an exercising craze in the Muggle world for a couple of years."

--------------*************--------------

Draco walked into the Wizarding Gentlemen's Club in Bath. He handed his cloak to the sexy doorwitch. A second, long legged blonde witch took him by the hand and showed him to a table where his friends sat. The wizard was thankful that Vincent hadn't shown up with Greg yet. It was bad form to arrive at a Buck's party after the groom to be.

The blond wizard instantly poured himself a pint. The other wizards watched as Draco downed it without stopping.

"Bad day?" Richard asked.

"Ginbug remind you to be a good boy?" Blaise jested.

"Catching up with Mother", Draco mumbled before downing another pint.

All eyes were on the blond when he set down the glass. "My wife trusts me, Zabini, unlike yours, who requested I keep an eye on you." Draco sighed. "I'd like to go through one day without drama. My mother fell apart when I dropped Leo and Serpens off at the Manor. The silly witch thought we were trying to run her out of my sons' lifes."

"Thank Merlin she said something to you", Blaise replied. "Your mother complained to Pansy's mother, who complained to Pansy, who asked me to address just that topic with you, tonight."

Draco gave Blaise a half puzzled expression. "Well, it's covered. What's planned for this evening? Hopefully I can sneak out around one. I don't have any kids at home and I'd like to take advantage of that fact."

"Good old Malfoy. Thinking about himself and not his mates", Miles added.

"If I was thinking about myself, I'd be home setting up something special for Ginny. Now, what are the plans?"

"Greg and Diane promised each other no strip clubs or strippers." Blaise grinned. "Goyle requested that, pretty clever, seeing that we've outgrown them. We're having dinner here and then the standard pub hopping."

"Sounds good", Greg interjected as he and Vincent walked over to the others.

The wizards walked into the next room and were seated at a table front row center of the stage. Richard picked up the program for that evening's entertainment. He frowned at his friends. "We have a problem."

Greg grinned. "Fan dancers aren't strippers."

"They're clothed. It's an illusion", Miles added.

"Some are clothed behind the fans. Some aren't. It's an art", Blaise offered.

Draco eyed his friend. "Are you trying to push the line, Greg? Deception is no way to start a marriage."

"Malfoy, if you plan on being a prat all night, go home", Greg announced.

"I'd rather be a git and ruin your buck's night then let you ruin your marriage."

Goyle made to move for his wand. Blaise touched his shoulder. "Calm down, mate. He's trying to help. Now, if it was coming from me, then you should get upset. I care more about Diane than I do about you."

"I'm not pushing any lines by wanting to stay here. The no stripper rule was misleading, alright. My bride is going to be running around England tonight with a group of sexy, single witches. No one is going to stop her from doing something stupid."

Blaise rolled his eyes. "For some unbelievable reason her closest friends think you're a catch, and she loves you. The witch isn't going to do anything and her friends won't let her."

"I know it's hard for you to trust", Draco added, "with all of Lavender's lies. Your marriage won't work if you don't find a way."

"Alright, Draco. I'll listen to you, only because you must know what you're talking about. You were able to keep Ginny."

"I was a lucky bastard", Draco muttered. "Keeping her after the law was repealed was pure dumb luck. I spent most of my marriage screwing it up. I don't want to see you do the same thing."

"If I gave you a time turner would you change your past with Ginny, Draco?" Richard inquired.

"That's a tough question. I love my life today. If I went back and changed things, how different would it be? I pushed Ginny into having Cam so soon. If I went back and treated her the way I should have, would we still have Cam, Serpens and Leo?" Draco took a drink. "Ginny and I are both hard headed. We would have never gotten into a relationship if I hadn't forced her. She wouldn't have let herself fall in love with me. So I'm grateful for the Marriage Law." He paused. "I should have been a partner, not a dictator in the early years. We should have spent more time alone before we had children, but then again I love the boys too much to change that."

"Your answer would be no then", Crabbe stated. "Padma and I had a discussion like this when we got back together after the divorce. The children make the choice difficult. If I had asked her to marry me and not ordered her, we would have never gotten divorced, although we would have married six months to a year later than we did, so we wouldn't have had Victor."

"Those reasons explain why time turner use is restricted", Blaise added. "Now, if we are going to discuss family issues, you lot can tell me how to convince Pansy into trying for another baby in the next couple of months."

Dom Zabini, a twenty-one year old wizard sat next to his cousin. "Merlin, I'm glad I was late. You lot sound like a bunch of witches."

"Quite right, young Dom, we need a change of topic. Malfoy, how many of the South American, African and Austrian Quidditch matches does your new Wizard Vision service provide?" Miles asked.

--------------*************--------------

Sapphire, Millicent and a mannequin were at the front of the room. Mrs. Zabini had joined Ginny and Pansy's table. "Ginny, please call me Alcee", Mrs. Zabini sweetly requested. "What a delightful idea this was, Pansy. I enjoy seeing people come outside their comfort zone. Millicent really needs to loosen up. Merlin, it's a wonder that she's pregnant." She turned to Daphne. "It's a boy, isn't it?"

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Yes, it is. I've already told Blaise we can get started on another in June. According to Ginny's calendar June, August and November are good months to conceive a wizard."

Alcee shook her head. "I didn't mean-" The witch snorted. "I'd rather see you have another girl. Little wizards are noisy, smelly, dirty, messy, hyperactive things that demand your constant attention. They are only slightly better when they grow up."

Ginny appeared deep in thought before grinning at the older witch and replying. "Comparing my sons to Draco, I'd say smelly, dirty and messy are rare for the adult wizard while the demand for my attention increases." The witches giggled as they returned their attention to the front of the room.

"If you master the art of the lap dance, your wizard will never forget to Disapparate the trash again", Sapphire started. "There are seven steps; one, The Grinding Circle."

She positioned Millicent about sixty centimeters from the mannequin, with her feet slightly more than hip-width apart and her toes turned out. Sapphire showed Millicent how to move her hips in a circle. The two witches slowly bent their knees and grinded down low and back up again.

"Very good", Sapphire said. "Now for The Turn and The Slap and Tickle."

The witches in the audience got a chuckle watching Millicent learn and perform the next two steps of this sexy dance for a mannequin. When she completed the third step to Sapphire's satisfaction, the blonde witch excused her. "I need two unattached witches."

She called up two nineteen year-olds. Sapphire then went to another room and came back with two very handsome twenty year-old wizards. The sexy witch placed each man in a chair and assigned each witch to dance for him.

Beaming, the blonde witch said, "It's better to learn the next steps with live models."

Beth, the dark haired witch, eyed the wizard in front of her. "He's cute, can I keep him?"

The wizard blushed but replied, "If you do the dance right, I could be talked into staying."

"Very good, we seem to be happy with our partners then. Now, girls, The Lap Dance Grind." The witches gracefully danced their way into the wizards' open legs. With their backs towards the wizards, they placed their hands on the men's knees and bent while dancing until their bottoms were almost touching the wizards' groins.

Alcee fanned herself. "It's getting warm in here."

"That it is", Sapphire announced. "Which is why, step five, The Breast Stroke, step six Knee Strokes and step seven The Body Slide are outlined in your take home gifts."

Beth sat on the lap of the wizard she had danced for. "Is he part of my take home gift?"

The witches giggled, and the good natured wizard kissed her cheek before standing. "I'll be out in the pub for another hour. We can discuss it then."

Many of the witches eyed the two wizards as they left the room. "Merlin, he's gorgeous," Beth stated. "Does anyone remember him from Hogwarts?"

"He was a Gryffindor about three years ahead of us, I think", stated a witch in the back.

The young witch beamed. "Well, for the first time, I'm glad I was a Hufflepuff. Gryffindor wizards won't date Slytherin witches."

Ginny raised her brows and thought. "I wonder if she's right. I don't know of any Gryffindor wizards that have dated Slytherins."

"Gits", Mary Goyle replied. "Gryffindor wizards claim to be open minded. Yes, they view Muggleborns as their equals and they have a high regard for Muggles' lifes. But they view every Slytherin as a dark witch or wizard in the making, evil has come out of every house."

The red-haired witch nodded. Her father had told her to beware of Slytherins before she had even stepped foot at Hogwarts. Hagrid had said many a time, 'there ain't a witch or wizard that hasn't gone bad that didn't come out of Slytherin.' Ginny knew that the statement wasn't true. Her marriage to Draco had forced her to truly look at Slytherins, and she found them to be like most other people.

"It's their loss. Look at all the lovely witches they will never get to know because of their bias." Ginny motioned to the front of the room where the gifts where being moved. "Diane's going to open her gifts. This should be exciting. We got her some wonderful honeymoon presents."

Diane waved her wand over the first gift. It didn't unwrap, but glowed a golden yellow. The witch looked up smiling. "How clever, there's a broken charm on the ribbon. Now, what's that old witches' tale?" She pretended to think. "Oh yes, for each ribbon I break I'm to have that many children. Would that count the two we already have?"

"I didn't break any", Ginny yelled. "And look at me."

The younger witch smiled. "Maybe I should break them all then."

--------------*************--------------

"Here's to never wearing a johnny again", Goyle stated as he lifted his pint into the air with his mates.

"You may have to if Diane wants to make sure she has a little girl", Blaise advised.

"Or if she's like Padma and Potions don't always work", Vincent added.

"She'll have to live with me pulling out. I ain't wearing one of those again." The drunken wizard paused. "Bloody witch cut me off until after the wedding. She's back living at her parents. How much is a wizard to take?"

"Shut it, Greg. Dom's coming back. Plus you're starting to tick me off", Draco added.

"How much is a wizard to take?" Greg hiccupped. "I love her. I don't want this big wedding. I'm doing everything she asks so it will be perfect for her." The wizard held up his hand with his thumb and index finger slightly apart. "I only want a little shag."

"You'll get a little shag next Saturday after the reception", Vincent teased.

Greg unsteadily shook his head and put his hands as far apart from each other as he could get them. A silly grin crossed his face. "I'm getting a super big shag on my wedding night. I'm spending the week in bed with her." His head bobbed, his eyes closed, and then he laid his head on the table.

His mates stared at him for a moment. "Well this was the last pub, and he had his drink in it." Dom stated. "How are we going to get him home?"

Vincent removed a silver ball from his pocket. "Portkey."

"I'm not Portkeying anywhere. It's my buck's night", Greg firmly stated with his head still on the table. "Diane's changed her mind. She wants to have a baby right away. Just one she says. She thinks we should do it now because we already have the boys. I don't know what to do. She keeps going back and forth on the subject. I don't care. I got Greg and Gary. Don't need anymore. A little girl would be nice, but-" He paused for a long time. "Little girls turn into beautiful witches. Some bloke's gonna wanna touch her, and I'll be forced to kill him. Azkaban. Azkaban. I'll be spending my last days there." Greg drew out the name of the prison as he spoke and ended the statement in a very depressed tone.

Vincent patted his back. "It's doesn't have to end that way, mate. We can lock our daughters up in a tower when they turn fifteen."

"Damn", Blaise hissed. "Malfoy, if Ginbug has a girl-"

Draco interrupted, "Ginny is having a girl. I can feel it."

The dark-skinned wizard rolled his eyes in disbelief. "We need to start a witches' only magical school."

The blond wizard chuckled. "Ginny wouldn't hear of it." He smirked at his friend. "My daughter has four older brothers. I'm going to train the boys to warn off wizards who get too close."

"Sure, Ginny will like that just as much", Greg added.

Draco paused to think and then smirked. "Thuban, Cam and Serpens will be of age by then. Ginny won't be able to stop them."

Greg raised his head and grinned. "My boys will be able to help." The wizard's pint went in the air again. "To older brothers."

The group drank except for Blaise. "My daughter doesn't even have a brother. Malfoy, can't you talk Ginbug into finding out the sex of the baby? I want to know if that calendar of hers works."

"Why sure, mate. I'll risk my marriage just for you", Draco answered sarcastically.

"Excuse me gentlemen", said a short, red haired wizard. "I couldn't help but overhear."

"Sorry, mate. We'll keep it down", Blaise replied.

"No, it isn't that. I'm the owner, and I heard you speak of your desire to have a son." The man placed a bottle of whiskey on the table. "A daily drink of this whiskey for a fortnight will guaranty the next child you sire to be male. It's only five hundred galleons. All money returned if it doesn't work."

"Gringotts notes?" Blaise asked.

The wizard smiled, nodded and handed Blaise the form. Draco placed his hand on his friend's. "Don't waste your money, Zabini. It's not true. Potions like that are banned."

"That is true, Sir. This isn't a potion, but an old Muggle formula."

"Of course, and you have something to sell me to make sure my next child is female?" Draco questioned skeptically.

"I do not. But it is said that American beer, drunk daily, will increase your chances for a girl", the man stated.

Vincent chuckled. "I like that tale."

--------------*************--------------

Draco softly climbed the stairs in Black Hall after cleaning up and taking a sobering Potion. He was thankful for the Potion tonight. The smell of Firewhiskey and mead no longer caused Ginny to become ill, so Draco had heavily partaken this evening. It had been a long time since the wizard had drunk so much. And even though the Potion sobered him, it did not prevent the hangover he would have in the morning.

"Tipsy", he softly called. The elf appeared and bowed to her master. "Go to the Manor and collect a Hangover Potion for me. Quietly place it in my bathroom then return to the children at the Manor." The elf bowed again and disappeared.

The blond wizard inaudibly made his way to his bedchambers. If he was lucky, his wife wouldn't mind being waken up for a little fun time. After all, the boys weren't home so there would be no interruptions. He smiled at the happy thought as his hand twisted the doorknob. The smile disappeared at the sight of the empty room. Where could she be?

He hissed, "Parkinson, I bet the bint talked Ginny into going out with the younger witches." Draco made his way to his bathroom. Maybe a shower would help his mood. The wizard couldn't stop the images of his wife sitting with teenage witches who were drunk and pointing out attractive young wizards to her. He trusted his wife but… Well, she didn't need to admire other wizards' bodies.

The wizard removed his shirt and checked out his wonderful physique. His tall frame, slim waist and muscular chest made him physically attractive to many witches although his facial features were slightly feminine. A smile returned to his face at the feeling of two soft hands caressing his chest.

"That's not why I love you", she tenderly stated before kissing him sweetly. He turned and embraced her. The redhead looked in his eyes. "Pansy is very upset with you."

"Well, we're even then. She told me you weren't going out with the younger witches. And here you are, getting home after two a.m."

Ginny smirked at him. He was so cute when he was jealous. "We didn't. I went over to Pansy's. Blaise's mother is staying with them. Mrs. Zabini is quite an interesting witch."

"I don't know if interesting is the right word for her", Draco responded.

"I like her. She is nothing like I thought." Ginny paused and rested her head on her husband's shoulder. "She really loved Blaise's father. The witch still mourns him, and he was the richest of her husbands. There's no way she did anything to harm him."

Draco nodded and hugged his wife. "Mrs. Zabini did love him. She has been married three times since his death and wouldn't take any of their names. Why is Pansy upset with me?"

"Blaise came home pissed. You were supposed to watch him." The blond wizard blushed, and his expression was so like their sons when they had been caught misbehaving, that Ginny couldn't help but laugh. "So, you don't deny it?"

"We got a little carried away, him more then me. I think it was the last pub that did him in. It was in Ireland. The owner conned Blaise into paying five hundred galleons for a bottle of whiskey. Any wizard who drinks it is guarantied to sire a son." He smirked at his wife.

"How could he believe that? All magical potions that affect the sex of a baby have been banned."

He nodded. "It's a Muggle tale." His lips went to her neck, and he started to nibble. "Drinking an American beer every day for six months is rumored to increase my chances of siring a daughter."

"I think we can hold off on that", Ginny teased.

"Did you have fun at the party?" he queried.

"Yes, but I'm glad I didn't go out with the younger witches. Everyone who did, with the exception of Diane, was given a shirt with numerous licorice wands attached to it. They went to the pub and asked wizards to eat a wand off of them."

"Did you bring one of those shirts home? I could go for a couple licorice wands." He raised a sexy brow to his witch.

She patted his shoulder, guided him to a chair in their bedchamber and sat him down. "No, I didn't." With her purse under her arm she walked to her bathroom. "But if you wait right there I'll show you what prize I won, and what I learned."

She kept the door open a crack. Draco couldn't see her, but he knew she was undressing. "You won a gift?" he asked.

"Yes, thanks to the enchantment Hermione showed me which makes her purses bottomless and feather light. I really should clean my purses out from time to time. I had an extra set of clothing in there for Serpens and Leo from when we went to the Harris' party, Thuban's old Quidditch pads, Cam's old blanket, our Quidditch jumpers, those glow in the dark condoms we bought in the States-"

His face paled. "You didn't show everyone those condoms?"

"Yes, I did, and they helped win me this." She walked out of the bathroom in a sexy little green teddy.

Draco smiled and winked before his face turned red. "Where's my baby?" His eyes went up and down his wife's body, which was void of its pregnant bump.

"Your baby is still here." Ginny ran her hands over her tummy. "It's merely an Illusion Charm."

"I admire the way you look, pregnant or not. I want to see you, Ginny, not an illusion." His tone was pleading.

She smiled at her wizard and tugged on one string. Instantly her bump appeared to the great pleasure of the wizard seated in front of her. He made to move to her. "No, Draco. Stay there. I want to show you what I learned tonight. But you have to promise to stay where you are and not touch me until I tell you to. Deal?"

He swallowed hard and nodded as she seductively walked closer to him.

--------------*************--------------

The sun shined brightly into the master bedroom from the open curtains of their balcony door wall. Draco sat up on his bed, blankets covering his waist and his bare muscular chest glistening in the light. It wasn't the beauty of the wizard that caught Ginny's attention. It was the tray of her favorite foods that awaited her on her bed side table. He was a thoughtful wizard to those he loved.

He frowned when he caught sight of her in his old stretched out Falcons' jumper. "I preferred the way you looked before you went to the bathroom."

Ginny rolled her eyes as he pulled back the covers for her. He covered her, kissed her check and then using wandless magic placed the tray over her lap.

"Thank you", she said before starting to eat.

"Why did you dress? I wasn't through with you", he seductively whispered.

The witch sighed. "I prefer to dine clothed." A devilish grin crossed her face. "Besides, I quite enjoy having you remove them."

A smile of seer delight graced Draco's face as he rolled onto his side to get closer to his enchanting witch. Ginny teased him by leisurely and tantalizingly licking and mouthing her strawberries. She glanced over at her wizard. He looked like a Hebridean Black dragon about to pounce on and devour his prey. The wicked witch placed the strawberry to his lips and fed her mate.

This simple act was his undoing. He attacked her lips with his own. The wizard was thinking of a graceful way to get rid of the tray, when there was a knock at their bedroom door. Both adults turned.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Cam called. "Uncle Bill wants to see you. He doesn't want to leave us here until he knows you or Mummy is home. The elves told him to go, but he won't."

Ginny looked at the ceiling. "I forgot. Fleur has a family gathering. It must be nine already." The witch started to get up. "Cam sweetie, tell Uncle Bill I'll be right there."

Draco placed his hand on her arm. "I'll handle it." He grabbed his boxers from the floor and placed them on.

A knock came from the door again. "May I please come in?"

The redhead looked up to see her husband enter his dressing room. "Of course, sweetie." Ginny removed the locking charm allowing him access. Cam and Thuban came busting into the room and over to their mother. Thuban stood next to the bed and hugged and kissed her. Cam climbed on the bed, sat next to her, hugged and kissed her. Both of the boys removed a slice of bacon from her tray and nibbled on it.

The older boy eyed the room taking in its messy appearance. His parents' had clothing sprawled on the floor. He turned his nose up in annoyance. "Blimey, this ain't fair. I have to pick my room up-"

"When you're an adult you can do as you please. Until then, you'll do as you're told", Draco informed his eldest as he put on his socks. The wizard's tone softened as he addressed his wife. "Love, Mother was fairly upset that I didn't drop off Thuban and Cam last night. I was thinking of Flooing her and seeing if she'd watch them until two."

The six-year-old blond hurried off the bed. "I want to go to Grandmother's. Please Mummy?" Cam pleaded.

Thuban shook his head. "You don't have to ask, Cam. Dad wants us out of here." The white blond boy giggled as he saw his father stifle a yawn. "He needs a nap."

--------------*************--------------

Thuban and Cam stood by the hedges at the front of the Manor, making sure that they were out of sight of the elves and the iron entry gate. Thuban muttered a phrase and a silver glow appeared around three bushes.

Cam gave his brother a concerned gaze. "Are you sure it worked? What if we get caught? Grandfather will redden our bottoms if we're found outside the Manor grounds."

The older boy threw a Quaffle over the hedge. "I'm pretty sure I removed the wards. In case it didn't work, we'll say we went after the Quaffle. He won't spank us for that. Let's hurry before one of the elves spots us." Thuban crawled through the small hole in the hedges. Cam was close behind him. They waited for a few moments, and when Lucius didn't appear, Thuban started for the road.

A tall and wide pile of dirt sat across the road from the Manor. Thuban put one foot on the Muggle road before Cam touched his brother's arm. "We're not allowed to cross roads."

"We're not allowed off the Manor grounds either." Thuban pulled his arm away. "Do you want to see what's going on over there or not?" The older boy crossed the road before turning around and sneering at his brother. "Are you coming or are you going back and playing with our baby brothers?"

After taking a deep breath and collecting his courage, Cam crossed the road. The two little wizards climbed the dirt hill. Once on top, they saw the construction of a large house. They sat on the man made hill and observed the building. "It's wizard made", Thuban stated.

"How do you know that?" Cam inquired.

"Can't you feel the magic?"

"You're just guessing," Cam replied.

Thuban started down the hill. "I can feel magic all around this place. I taught you to feel wards, didn't I?" The boy paused. "Well if you really focus, you can feel all kinds of magic. That's why it feels better for us to be in wizarding places instead of Muggle places. Doesn't it feel like something is missing when Mummy takes us to the Muggle park with Mrs. Potter?"

"It feels different because we have to remember not to use magic. And Mummy said to call her Aunt Hermione."

The older boy made a face. "She isn't our aunt."

"Call her what you want, it's your bottom", Cam replied as he followed his brother. He glanced back at the Manor. "We should get back before Grandmother or Grandfather finds out we're missing."

"Let's investigate a little more." Thuban motioned for Cam to follow.

To their surprise two boys came running from behind the building. "We're going to play on the hill, Mom", said the black haired boy with an American accent. He immediately spotted the Malfoy brothers and ran towards them. "Hi, I'm Alex. This is my cousin, Peter. We just moved in our new house, and he's visiting us. Do you live in the manor across the street?"

"There's not a house over there. It's just an old messy ugly field with an ugly gate", Peter snorted.

Alex smiled. "He's a Muggle. My mom's a Muggleborn. My dad's a pureblood. We used to live in Boston. That's in the United States. I was born there. What's it like inside your house? My dad says it's likely an old wizarding home because of all the enchantments around it. My dad wanted anti-Muggle charms, but Mom's family wouldn't be able to visit then."

Cam pointed at the house. "That's done?"

"It's a charm. Because Muggles can see it, we have to make it look like it's being built at their speed. I like your peacocks. We used to summer in the Hamptons. Lots of people there have peacocks running around their lawns, but I've never seen so many white ones."

The Malfoy brothers stared at Alex for a moment. "Do you always talk so much?" Cam asked.

Peter laughed, "He's a motor mouth."

"So, do you live in the manor?" Alex inquired again.

"Our grandparents live there", Cam replied. "I'm Cam, and this is my brother Thuban."

"Thuban", Peter made a face. "What kind of name is that?"

"It's a great name", Thuban growled. "It's better than having a common name like Peter."

"I like it", Alex interjected. "We were going to play King of the Hill. Do you want to play with us?"

"How do you play?" Thuban questioned.

"It's real easy. We race to the top of the hill. Then you push each other down the hill because only one of us can be on top and be the king", Alex directed.

"Sounds like fun", Thuban shouted as he raced up the hill. All thoughts of returning to the manor left the Malfoy brothers' minds as they played this new game with their friends.

An hour later, the sun sat high in the sky, warming the late November air. There seemed no end to the game as the four boys covered with dirt repeatedly pushed and pulled on each other.

"Peter! Alex! It's time for lunch", a soft, sweet, female voice called. The play stopped as all eyes went to the black haired witch at the bottom of the hill. "Who are your friends?"

"Cam and Thuban. Their grandparents live in the manor. They're wizards too."

Thuban nodded at the witch. "We need to get going." He started for the road.

"Wait. I should walk you home. You look far too young to be crossing Muggle roads by yourselves."

"We're allowed", Thuban lied.

"Even so, I wouldn't feel right." She walked up to the Malfoy brothers. "You should have a cleaning charm too. Do you mind?" The witch lifted her wand.

Thuban quickly assessed the situation. If they ran from the witch, she would surely go to the Manor gates and inform his grandparents that he and Cam had been across the road. They were caught. The best thing to do was to allow her to clean them up. At least then Grandmother won't be upset because they were filthy.

"Alex! Peter! Go back to the house. I'll be there shortly." The witch took the hands of the Malfoys in hers and led them across the road. "Would I be right at assuming you shouldn't be across the road?"

"We're not to leave the Manor grounds", Cam informed her.

The witch smiled. "I see. How do we get inside the gates?"

"They will open for us."

As the group neared the gates, the iron bars changed to eyes and a mouth. They bowed to Thuban, opened and spoke. "Welcome home, young Master Thuban. The Manor has been on full alert searching for you and Cygnus."

Two pops rang through the air. Narcissa collected both boys into her arms, hugging them joyfully and not noticing the black haired witch.

"We didn't let them out, Master", the gates informed Lucius.

"Thank Circe you're alright! I was so frightened that some evil fate had befallen you. Where have you been?" Narcissa inquired.

"We only wanted to see the house across the road", Cam whispered.

Narcissa backed away. "You left the grounds and crossed the road?" Her sweet, caring tone turned to anger.

"I looked both ways before crossing." Thuban removed a coin from his pocket. "And I made sure I had Grandfather's coin. I would have rubbed it if-"

"You disobeyed my rules, Thuban. In doing so you caused your Grandmother great distress. There is no excuse for your actions", Lucius' tone showed no sign of emotion.

"I'm sorry, Grandmother." Thuban turned to him. Although the older wizard's features were schooled, the boy could still see that Lucius wanted nothing more than to hug the boys also, happy in the knowledge that they were safe.

The black haired witch spoke. "I just noticed them in the yard a few moments ago. I would have brought them back sooner had I seen them."

Lucius and Narcissa noticed the witch for the first time. A look of surprise quickly crossed Lucius' face. Narcissa seemed to be taking in the witch's appearance as if she had seen the witch somewhere before. The woman offered her hand. "I'm Maisie Kemps. We just moved in yesterday."

Narcissa pressed on her best society smile. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Kemps. This is my husband, Lucius Malfoy and I'm Narcissa. Thank you for bringing my grandsons home."

"It was no problem. I have boys myself, exploring is part of their nature. I must be going. I have lunch on the table." She nodded at the Malfoys. "They will likely need a bath. The boys were playing on the dirt hill. A cleaning charm can only do so much. Goodbye Mr. Malfoy. Mrs. Malfoy, I'm sure I'll see you at Mrs. Parkinson's garden party on Monday."

Maisie walked outside the gates and they closed behind her. Narcissa cast a silencing charm before speaking. "I should take my wand to your bottoms right here and now. You had no idea who those people were. What would you have done if they were criminals and decided to kidnap you?"

"It's my fault Grandmother", Thuban started. "I made Cam come with me. I didn't think. I'm sorry."

"How did you get out?" Lucius demanded.

"I removed the wards on the hedge and climbed through", Thuban stated.

"What enticed you to do that?" Lucius asked, raising a brow.

"I wanted to know if it was Muggles or wizards building over there. It's a wizarding family. They have-"

"The wizard developed the Sonic line of racing brooms in America and has come to Britain to open a factory. He has two sons and one daughter. His daughter is ten; his sons are eight and two." Lucius placed a hand on Thuban's shoulder. "You only needed to ask me, Thuban."

"Sorry, Grandfather."

"How long have you been able to remove wards?" Lucius questioned.

"Your boundary wards were pretty hard. Today was the first time it worked. All of us but Leo can remove our bedchamber wards. Mum and Dad don't even use them on us anymore."

Lucius could not hide the prideful smile that graced his face. Thuban's magical ability was outstanding. Draco had been ten before he could eradicate wards. He stoned his features before turning to the boy. "Nevertheless, you know you are to stay on the Manor grounds. You and your brother's absence caused your Grandmother enormous unease. We will be discussing your actions in my study."

"I didn't mean to upset anyone. I'm sorry", Thuban's tone was sincere.

"Sorry that you've been caught", Lucius replied. "My study-"

"They need baths first, Lucius," Narcissa turned up her nose. "Playing in the dirt like commoners, how-"

"They're boys, Dearest. Dirt attracts them. Baths first would be best." The wizard eyed his grandsons. "It will be much easier to clean them while they are still able to sit on their bottoms. We'll bathe them, then Floo Draco."

Thuban swallowed hard. "You don't need to Floo Dad."

A wicked smirk crossed Lucius' face. "Wouldn't it be easier to explain your behavior only once?"

"You know it isn't", Thuban muttered to the floor.

"Thuban?" Lucius asked. "I would like an answer to my question."

It wasn't fair when his dad and grandfather ganged up on him. There was no way in talking himself into a lesser punishment with the two of them. Thuban looked up at his grandfather. "I… well, I… I'm sorry."

--------------*************--------------

Draco strode to the fireplace in his family parlor, wondering what type of trouble his sons had gotten into at the Manor. That would be the only reason his father would be Flooing him only thirty minutes before he was to collect his children. He sat in front of the fire and spoke to Lucius' floating head.

"Cygnus and Thuban got filthy."

"Father?" Draco cut off.

Lucius sighed. "Listen, and do not interrupt." He paused. "The older boys were in need of a bath. As your mother helped Cygnus remove his shirt, she found a number of blue blisters."

"They weren't there yesterday", Draco replied.

The older wizard nodded. "We Flooed the boys' Healer. It's Blaue Blasen. They all have it, except Thuban. You can only get it once."

"If I remember correctly, it lasts for three to five days. They'll run a low fever, get the blue blisters all over their bodies and be very itchy. It's no more dangerous than the common cold if you take the potion", Draco stated.

"Correct, Severus is making it as we speak." Lucius paused. "Your mother thinks we should keep the boys at the Manor."

"It would be best for Cam, Serpens and Leo. But I will collect Thuban. He doesn't need to remain there. I'll be over soon to collect him." Draco turned from the fire and walked into the foyer where he saw Ginny.

The redhead kissed his cheek. "I'm ready. Let's go pick up the boys."

"Ginny, they have Blaue Blasen. I think you should Floo your mid-witch."

She nodded and walked towards the family parlor.

--------------*************--------------

Thuban sat quietly on a tall stool in the back of Lucius' Potions lab. He moved his head from side to side to get a better view of what Snape was doing. When the Potion turned a purplish-brown color, Snape announced it was done and placed it into a number of bottles.

"May I get off the stool now?" Thuban asked. "I was really good, wasn't I? You said if I was, I could help make the anti-itching cream."

Lucius turned to his long time friend. Snape nodded. "Come, Thuban."

The little wizard approached the men. "The fresher the Potion, the better it works, right?"

"Yes, Thuban", Snape replied.

"After you added the ginger root, you stirred twice to the left and three times to the right. Is that important?" Thuban questioned.

"Yes it was, Thuban", Snape replied again.

"Behave yourself, Thuban", Lucius ordered.

"I will, Grandfather."

Lucius left the room, grinning at the sound of Thuban inquiring how the Potion they had completed was made. The wizard found himself moments later outside one of the larger guest rooms. They had decided to use this room because of its size. It would be easier to care for the boys if they were in one room, and this room easily fit three beds.

Leo was the first to notice his grandfather. He also noticed what Lucius was carrying. The toddler, who would normally run towards Lucius, tried to make himself disappear into the corner. Cam clung to Narcissa, pleading with her that he didn't need any Potion. Serpens sat up in the bed, remembering what Thuban had told him.

"If I take my Potion, may I have a Sugar Quill?" the four-year-old asked.

The older wizard removed the treat from his pocket. Serpens drank the Potion, then instantly placed the treat in his mouth. Cam easily took his Potion for a treat also. Leo was not that easy, and it pained Lucius to force his sweet little baby into taking the horribly tasting potion. He was quite distressed when they left the sleeping boys moments later.

Narcissa caressed his arm as they walked to the family parlor to unwind. Relaxation wasn't what the couple got. The loud voices of their son and daughter-in-law rang off the hallway walls. Lucius cleared his throat when he entered the room to no avail. The wizard then raised his voice. "May I be of assistance, Draco?"

"NO!" Draco hissed. "I can handle my own wife."

"Handle! That's the problem. You are always trying to handle me", Ginny shouted.

"Ginevra, don't you dare try to change the subject. We were discussing your inability to listen", Draco countered.

Snape and Thuban stepped up next to Lucius and Narcissa. The blonde witch placed her hand on the boy's shoulder. "Thuban, go to the playroom." She turned to her husband. "Try again to stop them, Lucius."

The boy eyed his parents and then smiled at his grandmother. "They're almost done. If we interrupt, it will only take longer." He turned to Lucius. "I helped make the cream. I did well, didn't I Professor Snape?"

"Not now, Thuban", Lucius stated.

"Lucius, please", Narcissa beseeched.

"They're almost done", Thuban firmly stated.

"Thuban go to playroom", Narcissa ordered.

"Grandmother, I don't mean to be rude, but if you bother them now, they will fight even longer. I can tell they're almost done."

"Thuban, you don't even know what they are arguing about", Lucius interjected.

The little wizard looked at his parents again. "They're fighting over something to do with Mum's health or safety, or us kids' health or safety. That's the only time Dad is that determined and un… in… inflexible." Thuban beamed at his ability to come up with the correct word. "Inflexible, that's the right word, right?"

Narcissa merely nodded.

"The louder Mum yells at him, the more unsure she is of her", he paused, "position. Grandpa says Mum's just like Grandma, sometimes you have to force her to see the right point." The group's focus went back to the young couple.

"I need to take care of my sick children. They aren't staying here. I'm taking them home. There is no reason-"

"Ginevra!" Draco all but shouted. "Were you not listening to Sarah?"

"You're overstating her concern, Draco!"

"Ginevra Molly Malfoy, Sarah advised you that continuous exposure to Blaue Blasen could cause problems with the baby's development", Draco stated.

"There are no recorded cases where a mother or the baby she was carrying was affected by the illness while caring for another child", Ginny shouted. "If you don't remember, I cared for Thuban while he had Blaue Blasen, and I was eight months pregnant with Cam at the time."

"We didn't know any better back then. If you remember, your mother and mine were both on vacation at the time, and they were quite upset when they found out. We were lucky and you were further along in your pregnancy."

"There is no danger. I'm going to see the boys", she screamed as she started to walk away from him.

He gently took her arm and then spat at an elf "Get me a Pensieve!" He placed his wand to his temple. "We'll just review what Sarah said."

Ginny's eyes opened wide. "Don't be silly. I remember-"

"I think we should review it. It seems to me we heard different things", he softly stated.

The redhead leaned her head on his chest as tears fell from her eyes. "How do I not care for my sick children? Is this new baby more important than the three of them?"

"It's alright, Gin. You're not choosing. We have to do what's best for all of our children. Sometimes those choices aren't easy."

"They're all my babies", she whispered.

"They will understand. None of them would want you to endanger the baby's health to visit them." The young couple embraced.

--------------*************--------------

Thuban pushed himself from the front of the tub to the back quickly. The little wizard finally got a good rhythm going. The large wave he had created was only seconds from crashing down on him and sending water everywhere, when it disappeared before his eyes. "Daddy!"

Draco put his wand away and eyed his son. "You're to be washing up." He rolled up his shelves, headed for the boy, gathered up a bar of soap and a wash cloth. Soaping up the cloth, the man started to scrub the boy's back.

"Are my brothers going to be O.K.?"

"Yes, Thuban. It's like they have a cold, but it could hurt the baby inside Mummy. That's why they are staying at the Manor", Draco informed the boy.

Beaming, the little wizard moved excitedly, knocking the soap into the tub. "I get you and Mummy all to myself for the next five days!"

His father messed his hair. "I'll be visiting your brothers. But when I'm home, it will only be the three of us." Draco scanned for the soap. "Now, where did it go?"

Thuban put his head under the water like he was diving. When he emerged, he smiled and showed his father the soap, then sang.

"Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap,
Bar of soap
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap,
Bar of soap
For I'd slippy and I'd slidy
Over everybody's hidey
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap"

Draco tickled the boy and removed the soap. Looking the boy in the eyes, he sang.

"Oh I wish I were a little mosquito,
Little mosquito
Oh I wish I were a little mosquito,
Little mosquito
For I'd nippy and I bity
Under everybody's nightie
Oh I wish I were a little mosquito"

The wizard pretended to bite the boy's arm, causing him to giggle.

"Oh I wish I were a little bottle of pop,
Bottle of pop
Oh I wish I were a little bottle of pop,
Bottle of pop
For I'd go down with a slurp
And I'd come up with a burp
Oh I wish I were a little bottle of pop"

Thuban sang, burping after he said the word burp. He giggled madly. "Uncle Fred can burp really loud, but he says Mummy can burp louder.

"Don't believe anything you twin uncles tell you", Ginny said from the doorway.

"How loud can you burp, Mummy? Show me."

Ginny avoided the question, looking behind the boy's ears. "Goodness, Thuban. How did you get so dirty?"

"Playing on the dirt hill."

"What dirt hill? There isn't one at the Man-" She put her hands on her hips. "Thuban Charles Malfoy, did you leave the Manor grounds and cross that road?"

He looked down at the water.

The witch turned to her husband. "I told you! I told you!"

"Ginny, calm down." Draco left the side of the tub and collected his wife into his arms. She was going to explode soon if he didn't do something.

"I told you he was testing the boundary wards. We should have told your parents. Merlin, he could have-" She started to cry, and he pulled her into his chest.

"It's alright. He's alright." The wizard turned to the boy. "Did you leave the Manor grounds?"

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I just wanted to see what was going on over there."

"How did your Grandfather punish you?" Draco asked.

"He… He…" Thuban thought about lying, but Lucius would surely tell his father the whole truth in the next couple of days. "He found the blisters on Cam and forgot about us being bad."

"Cam left the grounds too?" Ginny questioned. Thuban nodded. "I've told you time and time again how dangerous Muggle roads are. You could have been killed!"

"Grandmother said that", Thuban answered.

Draco sat down next to the tub and started cleaning the boy again. "Let's finish cleaning you up, mate. Then we'll discuss your behavior."

Mixed feelings ran through the wizard as he bathed his eldest son. He was so proud of the boy's magical abilities, yet they caused so many problems.

------------*************--------------