Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Here it is...the last story in the DD-verse. From the reviews we received for At Last, you guys don't seem to want a Potter/Malfoy pairing...but keep an open mind. You haven't met Nick Malfoy yet and he may or may not be like his parents. Also, we mentioned only Harry/Hermione's daughter in the preview...that doesn't mean they don't have any more kid(s). Keep an open mind and enjoy the last story...

You won't see everyone in this chapter yet- but there's loads more to come! Please leave us a review and let us know what you think!

Oh How the Years Go By - Vanessa Williams

Oh how the years go by
Oh how the love brings tears to my eyes
All through the changes, the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by

Hermione Potter listened intently as the raven-haired, seven-year old boy talked animatedly to her about his last day of school. Everyday he resembled his father more and more in both appearance and personality.

"Mum, can I stay up late tonight since I don't have to go to school anymore?" Ethan asked hopefully.

She smiled and ruffled her son's hair. "I suppose you can since you got such wonderful marks," Hermione smiled fondly at him. "Did you already show your father?"

Ethan shook his head. "He's been in his office since we came home. Do you think he'd mind if I interrupted him?"

"I don't think so," Hermione replied. "And if you see your sister tell her I want to talk to her about her party all right love?"

Ethan nodded and took off at nearly breakneck speed for his father's study not even bothering to listen to Hermione's warning not to run in the house. "Daddy!" Ethan yelled loudly, pounding on the door.

Harry got up from his desk. "What's wrong Ethan?" he asked, frowning.

Ethan smiled coyly at his dad and handed Harry a piece of parchment.

"What's this?" Harry adjusted his glasses. "Hey!" a grin broke out on his face. "Way to go son!"

"Thanks, Dad," Ethan said, giving his father a hug. "You know that you said you'd take me flying if I got top marks and I did so...."

"You've got yourself a deal," Harry nodded. "When do you want to go?"

"Now," Ethan answered without a moment's hesitation.

Harry laughed. "All right," he said. "Let me finish up some work here and then we'll head out. Go tell your Mum where we're going."

"You think she and Julie will want to come along?" Ethan asked, but he started laughing. His mother and sister were notorious for their fear of flying. Hermione would only go up with Harry and never by herself. "They could probably just watch, right Dad?"

"Probably," Harry winked. "Ten minutes all right?"

Ethan nodded happily and took off for his room to get ready. Harry stood in the door, watching his son with an amused expression on his face.

"Are you going to take him flying?" Hermione asked coming down the hall.

"Yes," Harry went back to his desk. "Told him I would if he got good marks."

"He was so excited when I picked him up today," Hermione said, sitting down on the edge of his desk. "He couldn't talk about anything else on the way home."

Harry grinned. "We sure got blessed with a good set of kids didn't we?" it was more of a statement than a question.

Hermione smiled at her husband. There was no need to answer. They both knew how lucky they were to be together and to have two smart, healthy, well-adjusted children.

"Mum Ethan said you wanted to see me," Brown haired Julie Potter came into the office.

"Hey, sweetheart," Hermione said, smiling at her daughter. "You still haven't told me what you wanted to do for your birthday."

"The party," Julie replied. "I thought that's what we agreed on."

"We did," Hermione said. "But you didn't say if you wanted to have it here with just the family or if you wanted to do something on your own with your friends."

"Friends and family," Julie replied.

Hermione grinned, pleased. "And don't worry. I promise not to cook."

Harry nodded. "That's a good thing," he replied. "We'll have it catered, or me and Neville will make dinner. You make the decisions here sweetheart, it's your birthday," he put an arm around his daughter. "I can't believe you're turning 20."

"That's because it means you're getting older, too," Julie teased.

"Hey I still look as good as I did at your age," Harry said.

"With a bigger ego," Julie retorted, with a grin.

"She's got you there, love," Hermione said laughing.

Harry shook his head. "You two get out of here so I can get this done and take Ethan flying. Unless of course the two of you would like to go up with us?" he asked wickedly. "Make it a family outing?"

"No thank you," Julie said, shaking her head. "I prefer my feet on the ground, thank you very much."

"You're as chicken as your Mum," Harry teased.

"We're not being chicken---we're being sensible," Julie said, looking at her mother who nodded in agreement. "Besides, you're just upset that I didn't carry on the Potter tradition with Quidditch. At least, Ethan's as excited about it as you are."

"Excited?" Hermione asked. "He's as obsessed as Ron."

"You both say that as if it's a bad thing," Harry protested. "Out!" he pointed to the door.

"Okay, okay," Hermione said. "Come on, Julie. We'll go and grab a snack and chat."

Julie followed her mother downstairs. "I don't know where I want to have the party," she said thoughtfully.

"We could always have it here," Hermione suggested. "You know how Neville and Harry love to use that grill your Grandpa Granger bought for us."

"That's fine," Julie agreed. "You know, sometimes I miss that old cottage where we lived before Ethan was born, but I love this place."

"I love this place, too," Hermione said, sitting down across from her daughter. "But I know what you mean. We had some wonderful times at that cottage."

"Well it was yours and Dad's first home together," Julie sighed as her mother got them both some pumpkin juice.

"It was so hard to let it go," Hermione said wistfully. "But, once we had Ethan, the cottage was too small for the four of us and the Ministry gave us this place. You remember how dreary it was when we first moved in, don't you?"

"Do I ever," Julie laughed. "No lights anywhere, all the furniture covered in sheets... I was scared."

"You wouldn't sleep in your room for weeks," Hermione said, giggling. "You were convinced this place was haunted."

"I still think it's haunted," Julie said. "I'm just not scared anymore."

"DADDY!" Ethan yelled coming into the room, startling both Hermione and Julie. "I'M READY!" He looked at his mother and older sister. "Where's dad? He didn't change his mind, did he?"

"No love he's still in his office," Hermione replied.

Ethan sank down on the chair. "He's been in there all day."

"How would you know?" Julie asked, squeezing her brother's cheeks, which she knew he hated. "You've been in school all day. Good job on your marks, little man."

Ethan pushed her hands away. "Don't squeeze me!" he said.

"But you have the cutest little cheeks," Julie said, making a move toward him again.

"Mum, make her stop," Ethan said, pulling away.

"Julie," Hermione was laughing. "Come on now," she slid an arm around Ethan. "We all know how fun it is to tease him..."

"It's not any fun for me," Ethan said. "It's bad enough that Mum hugged me in front of all my friends when she picked me up today."

"Oh dear me," Hermione's eyes twinkled. "Should I have kissed you instead?"

"NO!" Ethan said, shaking his head.

"Ethan, trust me on this---getting hugged by your mum in front of your friends is not a bad thing," Harry said coming into the kitchen. "Getting kissed by her isn't that bad, either."

Ethan rolled his eyes, but Julie couldn't help smiling at the way her parents still were romantic with each other after over 20 years of marriage.

"That's right," Hermione replied. "And someday you'll find a witch you'll marry and she'll be kissing you in front of everyone and you won't care."

"Ewww," Ethan said, shaking his head. "I'm never getting married to some stupid girl."

They all laughed. "Come on Ethan James," Harry said. "Otherwise your Mum won't let you fly after dark."

"There was some owl post for you by the door," Hermione said, smiling at Harry. "You might want to look at it before you head out. Could be something important."

"I'll take a look when we get back," Harry knew his son was impatient. "If it was urgent they'd have sent it to the office."

"Okay," Hermione said, kissing Harry on the cheek. "Be careful with my baby."

"Mum!" Ethan said in exasperation.

"We'll be fine," Harry pinched her as he and Ethan left.

Julie laughed as the door closed behind them. "You and Dad are so funny with one another."

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked, sitting back down.

"Just that you're so open with one another," Julie said wistfully. "Most parents hide their romance from their kids but you and Dad are so open with it. Not that you're gross about it or anything, and I guess I'm not embarrassed about it because it's always been that way... but I blame you both for my high standards," she teased.

"Your standards should be high," Hermione said. "You shouldn't just settle for someone, Julie. I know you're still hurting about what happened with Ryan..."

Julie frowned at the mention of her ex Muggle boyfriend. She had been rather serious with him and decided to divulge the secrets of the Wizarding World and her true heritage. After telling him everything, Ryan had gotten freaked out and broken things off, resulting in her father having to memory charm him and set him back before they even met. "I'm trying not to think about him anymore," she said quietly.

"It's his loss, Julie," Hermione said, patting her daughter on the hand. "And I'm not just saying that because I'm your Mum. You're a great girl and a wonderful daughter and any bloke would be lucky to have you."

"Thanks," Julie smiled at her mother.

"And if you wait another two years, Josh Weasley will be of age in the Wizarding World," Hermione teased. "You know he's crazy about you..."

Julie covered her face with her hands. "He's too much like family!" she said. "I feel bad about that... and I try not to give him any encouragement..."

"He's been in love with you for how many years now?" Hermione asked, winking at her daughter. "Let's see...since that time you stuck up for him at school his first year?"

"I know," Julie moaned. "But I had to! Look how close our families are- I'd have never heard the end of it if I hadn't done anything!"

"You never know," Hermione said, getting to her feet. "He may be over you by now. We haven't seen them in a few months, but Luna did say that they were going to come for your birthday."

"Well I hope he is," Julie said. "And not to be mean here, but nothing would ever happen there."

"I'm sure Josh knows that, too," Hermione said, pouring Julie some more juice. "Just don't be mean to him."

"I've never been mean to him!" Julie replied. "I just don't encourage him!"

Hermione laughed and knew that her daughter really didn't have to do anything to encourage Josh. He pretty much thought Julie walked on water.

"I think I'm going to head upstairs and answer some of my post," Hermione said. "Those reforms I proposed about house elf rights didn't go over too well with some of my colleagues."

"Okay," Julie replied. "I'll start making lists for the party then." She paused. "I think Aunt Cho and Chiaki are coming over in just a little while too."

Hermione nodded and walked upstairs to her own office and it didn't take too long for her to get bogged down in answering her own owl post. She leaned back in her comfy chair and closed her eyes and wondered absently what they would all do for dinner. She was contemplating going downstairs and making her famous lasagne (still the only meal she was truly able to make) when she heard a commotion downstairs.

Julie screamed when she saw the diamond on her best friend's finger. "You're ENGAGED?" she screeched. "When did this happen?"

"Just a couple of hours ago," Chiaki said, hugging her friend. "He did it right after we finished up our rehearsal for the afternoon. Can you believe that? He stood up in front of the entire dance company and asked me!"

"That's wonderful!" Julie squealed. "How exciting!"

Cho smiled at her. "I can't believe my baby girl is getting married."

"Mum, we haven't even set a date yet," Chiaki said grinning at her. "We just got engaged two hours ago. No need to start sending out the invitations just yet or picking out china patterns. Dad doesn't even know yet."

"What's going on down here?" Hermione descended the stairs. "I heard a lot of screaming and I thought something was wrong."

"Chiaki's engaged, Mum!" Julie said excitedly, leading her best friend over by the ring finger to Hermione. "Look at that!"

"Chiaki!" Hermione exclaimed. "How lovely!" she gave the younger girl a hug.

"Thanks, Aunt Hermione," Chiaki said, smiling. In fact, she hadn't stopped smiling since the moment Toshio Hanari had placed the ring on her finger. They'd been dating for nearly a year and had been friends for even longer. They'd met in one of her mum's dance classes and the relationship had grown from there.

"Feels like yesterday you were just born," Cho said emotionally.

"If you're like this after she's been engaged for not even a day, how are you going to manage the wedding without crying your eyes out, Aunt Cho?" Julie asked teasingly.

"Wait until Harry finds out," Hermione smiled. "He'll go into protective godfather mode."

"About what?" Harry asked, coming in the door with Ethan in tow.

"I hate to break it to you, Uncle Harry," Chiaki said, smiling broadly at her godfather. "But some unfortunate soul asked me to marry him and I couldn't turn him down..."

Harry's eyes widened. "You're engaged? You're too young for that!"

Hermione laughed at her husband. "We were younger than that when we got married love," she replied. "I don't think you're going to win this case."

"That's not the point," Harry said, frowning. "We were much more mature than Chiaki...."

Cho chortled and covered her mouth with her hand to stop from bursting out into giggles.

"What?" Harry turned on her.

"Just the idea of you calling yourself 'mature'," Cho answered simply. "It just struck me as amusing is all."

"Funny," Harry said. "Congratulations love," he kissed his goddaughter's cheek. "I want to talk to this bloke as soon as possible."

"He'll be at Julie's party," Chiaki said. "And you and Uncle Ron better be nice to him."

"What did Neville say?" Harry asked.

"They haven't told him yet," Julie answered, giggling.

"He took Frankie and Allison to Diagon Alley," Cho explained. Frankie and Allison were Chiaki's younger sisters, who had just returned from Hogwarts a few days ago.

"Well come on," Julie prodded her best friend's side a few minutes later when the adults and Ethan went into the kitchen. "Who's your maid of honour?"

"Hmmm," Chiaki said, pretending to think really hard about that. "I could always ask Justine Davies."

"Justine Davies!" Julie asked, scoffing. "She's an evil cow. You're not going to ask her, are you?"

Chiaki burst out laughing. "No you're right, I'm not. I was thinking of Eva Lawrence..."

Julie glared at her. "You are so mean!"

Chiaki giggled. "You know I'm going to ask you, Jules."

Julie's face relaxed. "That's better," she grinned. "And I very happily accept!" she hugged Chiaki. "You're getting married! I just can't believe this!"

"Neither can I," Chiaki admitted. "I feel so grown up all of a sudden."

"You have to give me details," Julie's eyes sparkled. She was a notorious romantic much like her Aunt Lavender.

"He was being really secretive all day," Chiaki said. "I thought he was kind of cross with me, actually. Anyway, I thought once rehearsal was over, we'd go and get coffee and talk about whatever had him so upset, but the moment we finished dancing...he stood up and told the company he had an announcement to make. He said I was the best thing in his life and he never wanted to know what life without me would be like. It's pretty sappy, I know, but I nearly died. Then, he pulls the ring out and asked me!"

"That's so sweet," Julie gushed. "Toshio is so fantastic. I'm really happy for both of you!"

Cho could hear the excited laughter coming from the kitchen and she couldn't help grinning. She and Hermione were sitting on the sofa in the sitting room, while Harry went through the owl post. Ethan was trying to tell his mother about the flying lesson.

"I can't believe you took him up so high, Harry," Hermione chastised her husband. "It's a good thing I wasn't there to see it..."

"Mum it was fun!" Ethan replied. "I'm not scared about being up high!"

"I'm scared about you being up so high," Hermione said, tickling her son. "I can't help it, Ethan. I'm a mother. Mothers worry."

"Well, you're really great at that," Ethan said, laughing.

Harry grinned at his wife. "He's got you there love," he mimicked her words from earlier that evening.

"Touché," Hermione said smiling at him.

"Aunt Cho?" Ethan asked. "Is Kiki really getting married?"

Ethan had always called Chiaki "Kiki" since he'd not been able to say her name right when he was a toddler. The name had stuck and that was what he'd always called her. In fact, Ethan was the only one allowed to call her that name.

"Yes Ethan she is," Cho smoothed back his wild black hair.

"Does that mean she won't come over and visit like she always does?" Ethan asked sitting down between his mother and Cho.

"I'm sure she'll be around," Cho smiled at him. "She's going to ask Julie to be her maid of honour so they'll be doing loads of planning."

"They've probably mapped out the entire wedding themselves," Hermione joked. She looked over at Harry who was looking at some sort of card with a dazed expression on his face.

"What have you got there, Harry?" she asked.

Harry didn't answer her at first. "We're being invited back to Hillsdale..." he said finally.

"Hillsdale?" Hermione asked. "But I thought the place closed down for good years ago?"

"No," Harry shook his head. He looked at Cho. "Do you remember Steve Van Ark?" he asked. "He was one of the head waiters, went to Hogwarts with us the last year of school?"

"Sure," Cho said, "but what does he have to do with this?"

"He bought Hillsdale," Harry said slowly. "Last year... after Vernon died."

"You're joking!" Cho exclaimed. "So what is he doing? Having some sort of staff reunion?"

"Well... Harry sat down by his wife. "Vernon left the place to Dudley, who obviously knows nothing about running a business so he sold it to Steve. Steve's inviting all the employees back for a reunion of sorts," he nodded at Cho.

"There's not that many people I'd care to see," Cho said frowning. For the most part, she'd enjoyed the company of her co-workers, but as they said one bad apple could always spoil the bunch and her mind immediately went to Draco Malfoy.

"It might be kind of fun," Harry mused, much to Hermione's surprise.

"You really want to go to that?" Hermione asked.

"For some reason," Harry shrugged. "I don't know... I always liked Hillsdale, I just didn't like working for Vernon."

"I think everyone pretty much felt that way," Cho agreed. "But I just don't know..."

"Wouldn't you like to go and show off how well we've all done?" Harry asked.

"Who would care," Hermione replied. "Honestly, do you really think Dudley will be there, or Draco or Ginny?"

"Shhhh," Cho said, hoping that Chiaki hadn't heard them. Chiaki knew who Draco Malfoy was and what he was to her, but she hadn't made any inquiry about wanting to get to know her biological father even though Cho suspected Chiaki did want to know what he was really like, but out of respect for Neville, she hadn't really said much.

"It's not that," Cho said, shaking her head. "I just don't think it's a good idea. Besides, Neville wouldn't be able to get away and I have classes...."

Harry looked at the sheet of parchment again. "He wants us to come for a month," he read. "If I can get off I'm sure Neville can."

"Well I certainly can't leave my duties for a month," Hermione replied. "In case you'd forgotten Harry, I'm Minister for Magic. Things don't run themselves." Cho nodded agreement.

"But---," Harry started to say.

"If you want to go that's fine with me," Hermione said, standing up. "But I'm up to my ears in reforms, Harry. I couldn't possibly get away."

She took her son by his hand. "Come on, Ethan. Let's go get you cleaned up."

Harry watched them head for the loo and turned back to Cho. "She can get away," he replied. "She just doesn't want to go."

"She is Minister for Magic, Harry," Cho reiterated. "If she says she can't go, I'd believe her. Though to tell you the truth, we rarely see her much these days. She's turned into a bit of a workaholic lately."

"I know," Harry sighed. "That's part of the reason I think this is such a good idea. Get her away for awhile, get our spark back..."

"What's it been?" Cho asked sarcastically. "Two hours since the last time you shagged?"

"Three days thank you," Harry said in the same tone. "You and Neville are ones to talk Cho."

"Three days?" Cho asked, pretending to be shocked. "That's a bit of a record for you, isn't it?"

"Sod off," Harry said. "But really now... if you said you were going it might soften Hermione up a bit..." he glanced at her with a devilish look in his eyes.

"Harry," Cho said, shaking her head. "I'm not going to go..."

"Come on Cho..." Harry's eyes turned pleading. "You know it'll give you and Neville time to be alone. I'll bet they've got a place for the kids so we won't even see them the whole time we're there..."

"Harry!" Cho exclaimed. "So you want to go there and just let Ethan run rampant around the grounds without knowing what he's getting into just so you can....well, there goes your nomination for father of the year."

"That's not what I mean and you know it," Harry replied.

"I'll think about it," Cho said, standing up. "But for now...I need to get home so we can break the news about the engagement to Neville."

"You know he'll go if you say you want to," Harry was relentless.

"I said I'll THINK about it," Cho said, kissing him on the cheek. "And that's it."

Chiaki came into the room followed by Julie. "Hey, Dad?" Julie asked, smiling at her dad. "I'm going to go with them so I can see Uncle Neville's reaction."

Harry laughed. "You'd better bring back lots of details then," he kissed his daughter on top of the head.

"Will do," Julie said as she and Chiaki made their way for the door. Cho picked up her bag and gave her best friend a stern look. "I will think about it, Harry. That's all I can promise you right now, okay?"

"All right," Harry said a bit sullenly.

After Cho left, Harry went back into the kitchen and studied over the invitation. Hermione came into the room laughing.

"Your son is so stubborn," she said. "It took me nearly fifteen minutes to get him into the bathtub."

"He's me all over again," Harry grinned proudly.

"And he couldn't stop telling me about his flying lesson," Hermione said, sitting down at the kitchen table. She was knackered from a long day at work and she felt somewhat guilty about not being around as much the past couple of weeks.

"He loves it up there," Harry replied, his eyes skimming over the page he held.

"And he said that you promised that next time you went up you were going to teach him that Wonky-Feint thing," Hermione said, leaning back in the chair and closing her eyes. "I think he's far too young to be doing stunts like that."

"He has no fear," Harry replied. "And I'm there to watch him in case anything happens. And it's Wronski Feint Hermione."

"Whatever," Hermione said with a light laugh. "I think I might just grab a bite to eat on my way back to the office."

"Hermione," Harry said as she got up. "I'd really like to go back for this."

Hermione nodded. "I hope you have a nice time."

"Hermione!" Harry said more sharply. "I'd like us all to go as a family."

"I can't get away, Harry!" Hermione retorted. "This is a really bad time. Besides, if you wanted to take Julie and Ethan, I'm sure they'd love that. You don't need my permission."

"I'd also like it to be a holiday for the two of us," Harry replied pointedly. "Since when did you become too busy for your husband and children?"

"That's not fair!" Hermione exclaimed defensively. "I always have time for you and the kids."

"Not lately," Harry replied. "And it's not like you'd never be able to get back if you needed to do something, we're not going across the ocean or anything."

Hermione felt tears well up in her eyes. "Have you really felt that I've been neglecting you?"

Harry felt bad when he saw her tears. "You never neglect us," he said softly, pulling her into his arms. "It's just that we've both been so busy lately I start to feel like we're all strangers. I think getting away for a little while could do us some good."

"We have," Hermione admitted. "And we haven't gone on holiday in...two years! Oh, Harry! We haven't gone on holiday since I took office!"

He chuckled. "No we haven't, and it hasn't occurred to me until tonight."

"It would be nice to get away," she admitted.

"I'm sure he's got a Floo connection there," Harry said. "That way if you have to come back for something you can..."

Hermione cut him off by kissing him softly. She couldn't help marvelling at the fact that kissing him still gave her a thrill after all these years. Kissing him had never gotten old and she didn't imagine that it ever would.

"Ewww!" Ethan had come into the kitchen for something to eat and discovered his parents snogging.

"Sorry, little man," Harry said, reluctantly pulling away from his wife. "We thought you were in the bath."

"I was," Ethan replied. "I'm hungry!"

"What did you feel like eating?" Hermione asked, deciding at that moment to not go back to the office tonight.

"Fish and chips," Ethan named his favourite food.

"Ethan," Harry said. "You ate that last night and the night before. Don't you want to try something else?"

"No," Ethan grinned at his father.

"I thought about making lasagne," Hermione said.

"I thought you were going back to work?" Harry asked, smiling at his wife.

"Nah," Hermione smiled back at him. "The rest of the owl post can wait till morning."

"Yay! Mummy's staying home!" Ethan said, raising his fists in the air.

Hermione laughed and kissed her son on the head. "Want to help me?" she asked.

Ethan nodded and walked over to the icebox and began helping his mother pull out the ingredients.

"Harry?" Hermione asked. "You don't think that they'd go do you?"

Harry looked up. "I don't know," he said thoughtfully. "Probably not, after the way they 'left'."

Hermione smiled. "Good. Because I think if I ever saw her again, I'd want to push her in the lake."

"That goes double for me," Harry smiled back at her, happy that they'd have some time alone in the near future.

"Who does Mummy want to push in the lake?" Ethan asked curiously.

Harry and Hermione both laughed. "Never you mind," Hermione ruffled her son's hair.

"So Ethan...how would you feel about going on holiday to this great big resort?" Harry asked. "It's got a huge lake and these really great woods where you can go on nature hikes and it's also the place I met your mum."

Ethan nodded. "Okay," he said. "Can we go flying there?" he didn't care much for the lake part. He hated water.

"I imagine we could," Harry answered. "And you'd probably get to see Uncle Ron and Aunt Luna and I'm working on getting Cho to go as well..."

"What about Aunt Lavender?" Ethan asked. "She doesn't come around anymore."

"She's really busy with her boutiques and her designs," Hermione said. "She's promised she's going to come to Julie's birthday party though. I don't know if she'll be able to go, Ethan. This resort holiday is for former employees and Lavender and I were just guests there when I met your dad."

"She could probably come with us," Harry replied. "She could have gone with Seamus if..."

"If they hadn't broken things off," Hermione finished. She still couldn't believe that Lavender and Seamus hadn't ended up together. It just went to show how a little misunderstanding, two stubborn people and distance could tear a relationship apart.

Harry shook his head. "She could probably come with us," he said again.

"She'll never go," Hermione said. "If she thinks he's going to be there."

Harry rolled his eyes. "I'm not really worried about it to tell you the truth," he began stirring the sauce for the lasagne. "I'm more excited about us being there together."

"Me too," Hermione said pulling out some garlic bread from the cupboard. Ethan, as if sensing some more mushy stuff coming from his parents, retreated from the kitchen asking that they call him when dinner was ready.

"I don't imagine they'd let us stay in your old cabin, do you?" Hermione asked winking at him.

"If they don't, maybe we can sneak in there," Harry curved his arms around her waist. "We haven't been back there since that first Valentine's Day we spent together."

"It was so long ago," Hermione whispered, leaning back against him.

"Sometimes it feels like yesterday..." Harry kissed the side of her neck.

"Mmm," she murmured, forgetting all about the lasagne.

Harry turned her around, pressing his lips to hers as her arms wound themselves around his neck.

"Harry," Hermione said in between kisses. "We shouldn't start this now...Ethan's in the next room!"

"He won't come in here until we call him," Harry said breathlessly.

"You don't know that," Hermione said, her head rolling back as he kissed her neck. "Mmm....."

"I can't stop," Harry said carelessly.

"Harry," Hermione said as he pushed her back against the counter. "As much as I really want to do this now..."

Harry pulled away. "Promise we can pick it back up later?" he rubbed his thumb over her swollen lower lip.

"Yes, of course," she said huskily.

"Promise?" Harry's hand still rested on her hip.

"Definitely," Hermione said, unable to resist kissing him once more.

"Okay then," Harry let her go and resumed stirring the sauce.

"So when do we leave for Hillsdale?" Hermione asked, deciding to change the subject to get her mind off what they'd just been doing.

"A week," Harry replied. "Is that okay with you?"

"It's okay with me," she said, smiling at him. "I can't wait to be alone with you....in your old cabin...at the lake...the dance studio....the parking lot...."

"All those places," Harry grinned back at her. "We'll mark each and every one of them."

"You do realise that you'll also be there to see your old mates, don't you?" Hermione asked teasingly.

"What mates?" Harry asked devilishly.

"Don't ever change, Harry," Hermione said, laughing. "Don't ever change."

"I have no plans to," Harry said smugly.

"I hope Julie wants to go," Hermione said. "I think the time away will do her some good, too. You know she's still hurting over that stuff with Ryan."

"I know," Harry said, his eyes darkening at the mention of the Muggle boy. "I hate what I had to do with him but I had no choice."

"Julie knows that," Hermione said, reassuringly. "She finally had the courage to tell him about our world and he just shut her down completely. I wanted to hex him myself with how he treated her..."

Harry shook his head. "Aside from Memory charming him I wanted to hex him into next year," he said coolly.

"He's lucky that all you did was Memory Charm him," Hermione said, still remembering how upset Harry was when he'd found Julie in tears.

"Julie's better off," Harry said firmly. "She'll find another bloke sooner or later and this time she'll be a little wiser is all."

"Absolutely," Hermione agreed. She smiled at him. "You know my dad said nearly the same thing to my mom when he found out about you and me."

"And look how wrong he was," Harry joked, wrapping his arms back around her. "There's no one else for you!" his tone was playful.

"I don't know," Hermione said, hiding a smile. "There was that nice young man who saw me on the street today..."

Harry poked her in the side. "What was that Mrs. Potter? You're eyeing up other men in my absence?"

"Of course not," Hermione said laughing. "I was only joking."

"Better be," Harry kissed the side of her head.