Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Thank you all for your reviews last chapter- you Nick/Julie and Jon/Allie fans should DEFINITELY enjoy this one. It's also a cute one for you H/Hr fans, which we think we're safe in assuming is all of you ;)

Also, a very Happy Birthday to Hermione Potter ;) Hope you had a great day hon!! :D

Falling for You - Jem

Said there'd be no going back
Promised myself I'd never be that sad
Maybe that's why you've come along
To show me, it's not always bad

Coz I can feel it, baby
I feel like I'm falling for you
But I'm scared to, let go
I'm scared coz my heart has been hurt so

It's true I've become a skeptic
How many couples really love
Just wish I had a crystal ball
To show me, if it's worth it all

Coz I can feel it, baby
I feel like I'm falling for you
But I'm scared to, let go
I'm scared coz my heart has been hurt so
Yeah I can feel it, baby
I feel like I'm falling for you
But I'm scared to, let go
I'm scared coz my heart has been hurt so

Julie was excited. Toshio was waiting in the other room with Neville and Cho while she, Allie and Chiaki were getting ready for their triple date. "How does this look?" she emerged from the closet.

"Very nice," Chiaki said, smiling at her. "But you might want to cut off the price tag."

Julie turned red. "Right," she pulled the sticker off her new form fitting white sundress.

Allison giggled. "It looks really pretty on you, Julie."

"Thanks Allie." she smiled at the younger girl. "Are you excited?"

Allison nodded. "It's my first proper date. Mostly, I've just gone out on group things. I really appreciate you letting Jon and me tag along."

"I think it's cute," Chiaki teased. "My little sister on her first date..."

Allison blushed. "Chiaki, please promise me you're not going to keep saying that the entire night!"

Julie laughed at them. "Once she and Toshio get away from your parents they won't even come up for air Allie. You know that as well as I do."

"Like you and Nick won't be snogging all night either," Chiaki teased.

"We haven't snogged yet," Julie said defensively. "We've kissed a few times but we haven't snogged."

"You can tell me, Jules," Chiaki said, putting some lip gloss on Allie. "I'm not your parents. You can lie to them, but not to me."

"Chiaki!" Julie exclaimed. "I just told you the truth!"

"This from the same girl who didn't tell me when she had her first kiss from Tommy Tinsley until two months after it happened," Chiaki related with a grin to Allison.

"Well that's because it was gross," Julie sat down next to them and looked at her reflection in the mirror. "He slobbered all over me. Not a memorable first kiss."

"You still should have told me straightaway," Chiaki said. "Not to mention the fact that you didn't even tell me that you were thinking of moving in with Ryan."

"Well we know what a mistake THAT would have been." Julie said.

"It really was a shame, though," Allison said thoughtfully. "He was really nice. Well, until you told him who we all really were."

"Yeah," Julie didn't want to think about Ryan. "I wish my hair was straight like yours Chiaki." she pulled on her slightly bushy strands.

"Your hair looks really lovely the way it is," Chiaki said, winking at her.

"Are you sure?" Julie asked nervously.

"Yes," Chiaki and Allison echoed.

"Okay," she replied, putting on some lip gloss. "I think I'm ready..."

"Isn't that your mum's locket?" Allison asked as she watched Julie clasp it around her neck.

"Yeah she told me I could borrow it tonight," Julie fingered the delicate silver jewellery. "It's her favourite thing my dad gave her, aside from her engagement and wedding rings of course."

"It's really beautiful," Allison said, looking at it admiringly.

Julie smiled. "Yeah it is,"

"Well, let's go ladies," Chiaki said, grabbing a jumper in case it got colder. "Our blokes await us..."

Julie was glad she also had a matching jumper, as she used it to wipe her sweaty hands on.

"I guess we're meeting Nick at the restaurant?" Chiaki guessed. "I suppose you don't want to be seen leaving the grounds together."

"Yeah," Julie said a bit glumly. It would have been nice to be escorted like Chiaki and Allison but she knew it was the price she had to pay for the time being.

"It's going to be okay," Chiaki said, patting Julie on the back. "We'll have a blast tonight."

"I know," Julie said, as her stomach fluttered.

Chiaki opened up the bedroom door and saw that her father was talking animatedly with Toshio. Cho was laughing at something Jon had said. Frankie was sulking on the sofa beside her father.

"I still don't understand why I don't get to go!" Frankie said crossly.

"Sweetheart, you're too young to date," Cho said. "But you get to stay here with me and Dad. We'll find something fun to do!"

"I'm not too young!" Frankie protested. "I'm 12!"

"That's too young," Chiaki kissed her fiancé hello. "Mum and Dad didn't let me date until I was 16."

"But Allie's only 15!" Frankie retorted. "She should have to wait another year!"

"We're making an exception," Neville said firmly. "And you will wait as well young lady."

"Daddy, you're no fun!' Frankie said, folding her arms across her chest. "No fun at all!"

"I'm sorry about that," Neville said, used to Frankie wanting to be treated as older than she actually was.

"You look really pretty, Al," Jon said, stepping forward. He handed Allison a single, pink carnation. "My mum thought you might like this."

"Thanks Jon," Allison turned pink. "It's really nice."

Julie grinned at Cho who was beaming at Jon and Allie.

"Mum, you're not going to cry or want to take pictures are you?" Allison whispered to Cho.

"Well that does sound like a good idea," Cho said. "Neville did we bring our camera?"

"No!" Allie said, turning crimson. "Dad, it's okay. We don't need the camera!"

Neville chuckled. "I hid it earlier today," he whispered.

"Thank you," Allison mouthed to her father.

"Don't worry, Allie," Julie said. "Your parents couldn't begin to top mine when I went on my first date. My dad took this poor 16-year old boy into the sitting room and quizzed him for nearly an hour about what his intentions toward me were."

Cho began to laugh. "I remember that," she said.

"We should really get going," Chiaki was eager to be alone with Toshio.

"Okay," Cho said, kissing Allison on the cheek. "Have a good time and don't keep your sister out too late, Chiaki."

"Okay Mum," Chiaki said impatiently. The five of them left the cabin, chatting excitedly about their evening.

"Nana really took to Nick last night," Jon told Julie.

"Oh really?" she asked.

"Aye," Jon said. "But my Aunt Ginny was another story."

"Isn't she though," Julie rolled her eyes.

Allison noticed that Jon had taken her hand and she smiled shyly at him. "It must have been nice to have Maddie and R.J. back, eh?"

"It's crazy," Jon laughed.

"Maddie is so sweet though," Julie thought of the little four year old, with her big blue eyes and blond curls.

"She kept asking where you were this morning," Jon told Julie. "Told me to tell you to come and see her."

"I will tomorrow I promise," Julie said.

"Where are we going exactly?" Allison asked Chiaki.

"That restaurant over there," Chiaki nodded to it.

"I hope Nick's already here," Julie said. "I haven't seen him all day."

"I saw him this morning at breakfast," Allie said. "He was eating with his father."

"We're trying to avoid one another at the resort during the daytime," Julie explained.

"There he is," Chiaki said, motioning toward the benches in front of the restaurant.

Julie broke out in a grin as she saw him. "Hey," she greeted him. "Sorry we're a little late..."

"No problem," he said, pecking her on the cheek. "You look fantastic."

"Thank you," she said. He handed her a small bouquet of flowers. "Oh Nick they're gorgeous!"

"Somehow I take it his mum didn't tell him they'd be a good idea," Jon whispered to Allison who giggled.

"Thank you," Julie leaned in to kiss him on the cheek but he turned and she got his lips instead.

Chiaki and Toshio laughed while Jon and Allison blushed.

"Sorry," Nick said, when he pulled away from her. "It's just it's so good to see you after the day from hell I had."

"What happened?" Chiaki asked curiously.

"Oh, my father has suddenly decided that I'm supposed to follow in his footsteps," Nick replied. "I thought I'd gotten him off my back about all of that, but he's wanting us to open our own practise together in Sydney. I'd rather eat a blast-ended skrewt than do that."

Julie shook her head. "Why has he suddenly taken an interest in you?" she asked as they settled in their booth. "I mean, you told me that he normally doesn't even give you the time of day..."

"They don't," Nick said. "I'm just as confused as you are. All of a sudden they both care about what I do, who I see, what I say..."

"Probably because they want to make sure you're not seeing me," Julie said.

"Well, lucky for us I don't care what they want," Nick said, putting an arm around her as they sat back in the booth.

Julie smiled at him. "Okay then," she said.

"How are the swimming lessons coming?" Nick asked her, hoping to steer the conversation away from his parents.

"They're great," Julie smiled. "Ethan wants you to come help out again but I told him you had to spend time with your family. My dad keeps him pretty distracted."

"I really miss spending time with him," Nick said. "He's really a great kid."

"You're pretty great too," Julie replied, turning a little pink at her words.

Nick smiled. "Likewise."

"So as cute as you two are, you're not the only ones at the table," Chiaki teased.

"You're lucky you're my sister," Nick replied.

"Ha," Chiaki laughed.

After everyone had placed their orders, the three couples divided into their own conversations.

"So how was it meeting your grandmother last night?" Julie asked Nick.

"Oh it was great," Nick replied. "She's really nice- I can't see how my mother turned out so horribly. Within two seconds of meeting me she had me in a death grip hug."

Julie giggled. "Couldn't breathe, could you? She's really great for those."

"How often do you see them?" Nick asked. "I wish I could have met my grandfather too."

"We see them pretty often," Julie replied. "They're like my dad's surrogate parents."

"You're lucky," Nick said softly.

Julie held his hand under the table. "Well, now you have them in your life, too."

Nick squeezed her fingers. "Things are definitely looking up... now I only need to get my parents off my back about all this."

Julie nodded. She'd spent her life being raised by supportive, caring parents. She couldn't imagine what this was like for Nick.

"Why don't you move to London?" Chiaki suggested. She couldn't help but overhear their conversation. "You'd get to see us more often."

"Move to London?" Nick asked, wondering why that hadn't occurred to him before. "That'd definitely make things a bit easier on us," he looked at Julie.

"And you could stay with Nana and Grandpa until you found your own place," Jon chimed in. "They'd love it."

"It's definitely an idea," Nick said. "I'll look into it after holiday is over."

"Great," Chiaki said, grinning at him. "No matter where you are, though. You are coming to my wedding."

"That's a deal," Nick agreed.

"You'll get to see me in that wonderful orange, taffeta, chiffon, puffy set of robes that Chiaki picked out," Julie said, shuddering. "I'm trying to get her to change her mind, though."

"I like those robes!" Chiaki said defensively.

"Come on Chi, we look like pumpkins," Allison chimed in.

"No one looks good in orange," Julie said. "No one."

"I do," Chiaki said proudly.

"Yes, but you aren't wearing an orange wedding dress or orange dress robes, are you?" Julie asked her.

"Well no..." Chiaki began.

"I still think a nice, simple pink set of robes would be lovely," Allison said.

"Now that's what I'm talking about," Julie said, smiling across the table at Allison. "Those would be perfect!"

"Hey who's the bride here?" Chiaki asked.

"Sweetheart, if they're wearing them what's the big deal in letting them pick out what they like." Toshio asked carefully.

"My colours are orange and ivory," Chiaki said. "If they wear pink, it will throw things off completely."

"Orange and ivory?" Nick asked. "Those two colours should never go together."

"Thank you," Allison said. "See? Chi, you're outnumbered here."

Chiaki sighed. "We'll TALK about it when we get back," she said.

"Fine," Julie said. "But please take into account that you want your wedding pictures to look nice, too."

"I know," Chiaki said. "We'll talk about it back in London."

"Fair enough," Julie said.

The dinner passed by quickly, everyone talking and laughing. Nick was glad he'd come, he hadn't had this good a time since and Julie had gone out the first time.

"I promised Mum I'd get Allie and Jon back to the resort before 10," Chiaki said. "Do you mind if we head on out and meet up with you later?"

"No that's fine," Julie said. "We don't mind, do we?" she looked at Nick.

"No," Nick said, smiling back at her. Although he'd had fun with everyone else, he was looking forward to some alone time with Julie. "How about we go over to that coffee house down the street, Jules?"

"That sounds great," Julie replied.

A few minutes later, Julie and Nick were seated inside the small coffee house at one of the back tables.

"Let me guess," Nick said smiling at her. "You look like a cappuccino kind of girl."

Julie laughed. "Good guess," she teased.

"It's a gift," Nick said with a laugh.

Julie watched him order their drinks and then come back to the table. "This is nice," she said. "Just being out, like we're a normal couple..."

"We ARE a normal couple," Nick said.

"Normal as we can be," Julie said. "Normal couples don't have to sneak around to spend time together."

"Your parents did, didn't they?" Nick asked her.

"Yes," Julie said. "And they weren't normal either," she laughed.

"So we're in good company," he said.

"Right," Julie reached for his hand. "Thank you again for the flowers. They really are beautiful."

"I thought you might like them," Nick said. "It seemed like the normal thing to do."

Julie laughed. "Normal is overrated. I like being out of the ordinary."

Nick looked at her in surprise. "I thought you would have been the straight-arrow, normal kind of girl."

"Well kind of," Julie said modestly. "I like to do things on my own, I like taking the hard road because the reward is greater at the end. Kind of like my mum, being the first ever female Minister for Magic as well as the youngest at that."

"How has that been for your parents?" Nick asked her. In addition to his father droning on and on about Nick being a healer, he'd also said some disdainful remarks about Hermione being Minister for Magic. "Not just for them, but for you and Ethan as well."

She shrugged. "It's hard sometimes to go out, because the photographers for the paper are always on our case, but we manage. It hasn't really affected me or Ethan one way or the other, I don't think."

"At least you've managed to have a quiet, family holiday," Nick said.

"If you want to call this quiet," Julie teased.

Nick laughed. "Well at least you don't have any reporters or photographers following you around."

"Is that normally a problem for you?" she asked.

"Sometimes, it can be," Nick answered. "But like your parents, I'm glad there are no reporters around here. That's all we need, right?"

"Exactly," Julie said as their drinks were brought to the table. "Thanks Nick. You're really spoiling me tonight."

"It's my pleasure," Nick said, smiling at her. "So tell me more about you, Miss Julie."

"What do you want to know?" she asked.

"What do you do for fun when you're not being the Minister's daughter?"

"Chiaki and I like to go out dancing. We usually hit up some clubs once or twice a week," she replied.

"Muggle ones?" Nick asked, before taking a sip of his espresso.

"Sometimes," she replied.

"How many boyfriends have you had?" Nick asked, hoping he wasn't being too forward.

"A fair few," Julie said. "Some good, most bad.... especially my last one."

"What was his name?" Nick asked.

"Ryan," Julie said. "He was a Muggle... so I had to do some quick thinking when it came time for background stuff, and my parents..."

"What did you tell him they did?" Nick asked her.

"That they worked in the government, but I couldn't really talk about it," Julie replied.

"Did your parents like him?"

"Yeah," She nodded. "Everyone did."

"Did you tell him that you were a witch?"

Julie was silent for a minute. "You really want to know everything?"

Nick reached for her hand. "Whatever you feel comfortable telling me..."

"Well... it sort of explains why I was so standoffish to you at first," Julie said.

"It wasn't just that you thought I was an arrogant wanker?" Nick joked.

"Maybe a little," she teased back. "Well... this all sort of happened recently. We started dating at the end of last year, and we were together for about eight months when I finally decided that I could fill him in on what my life was truly like."

"How did you break it to him?" Nick asked her.

"Well... we went out to dinner... this was after I talked about it with my dad to make sure he thought it was okay too... it's such a touchy subject you know- the link between wizards and Muggles. So I told him I had some things to tell him... and while I told him everything he just sat there. I took that as a good sign and so I kept going..."

Nick nodded and waited for her to continue.

"Well... I was wrong. Dead wrong. Soon as I finished, he jumped up and ran out of the restaurant. So I left some money and ran after him- I finally caught up to him in the park." Julie bit her lower lip as she remembered. "He said some really awful things..."

"Like what?" Nick asked, a surge of anger rising in him as he thought of anyone saying anything hurtful to someone as wonderful as Julie.

"Just your run of the mill nonsense about witches and who they really were," she left out the more hurtful things. "To make a long story short- my father had to go memory charm him after I came home in tears."

"I imagine he wanted to do more than memory charm him," Nick said quietly.

"You're not kidding," Julie finished her drink. "But Ryan wasn't worth it, when it came down to the bottom line."

"I imagine it must have been a shock for him to hear that," Nick said carefully. "But if he really loved you, it wouldn't have mattered to him, Jules."

"That's what my Mum said," she replied.

"Do you ever see him around?" Nick asked.

"No," she said. "Even if I did, he wouldn't know who I was..." she looked away.

"It still hurts, doesn't it?" he asked, squeezing her hand.

"Yeah..." she looked back at him and smiled. "But since I met you, it doesn't feel so bad."

He smiled back at her. "Thank you for trusting me to tell me about that, Julie."

Julie leaned over and kissed him. "Thank you for hearing me out."

"It's the least I could do after whining to you about my parents all the time," Nick said softly.

"You aren't whining," Julie said. "Not at all."

"Last night, I wanted to see you so badly," Nick said. "My mother and I had this horrible row..."

"What about?" she asked.

Nick sat back in his chair. "My Nana told me last night that she'd been sending me cards and letters every holiday, every birthday. I never saw one of them, Julie. My Mum hid them from me. Every single one! I grew up thinking her entire family hated me and she had proof that they didn't."

"What?" Julie was shocked. "That... that's just..."

"Wrong?" Nick suggested. "Spiteful? Hateful?"

"All of the above," Julie shook her head. "That's just truly despicable."

"She said it was because my father asked her not to give them to me," Nick said, shaking his head. "When it comes to him, it's almost as if she can't think for herself."

"Obviously not," Julie said. "I'm so sorry Nick."

"I just don't understand why they lied to me this whole time," Nick said. "They told me time and time again that the Weasleys had disowned us. They said they were horrible, judgmental people. Do you know in the few days I've known my Uncle Ron, he's acted more like a parent than either of them."

"I'm not surprised," Julie said. "He's always treated me like another daughter."

Nick nodded. "Last night, my mum said that I was more like she and Dad than I realised. What if she's right, Julie? What if deep down, I'm exactly like they are?"

"But you're not Nick," Julie said, leaning forward. "When have you ever been like them? I haven't known you very long, but you don't seem the type."

"I know I've said this before, but if it weren't for Greta...I would have been like them. My father's been involved in some really dark things, Julie. He tried to get me to come along, too, but I refused. I was just a kid, you know? That sort of thing scared me to death. Do you know what he said to me? He said I was weak and a coward and a disgrace to the Malfoy name."

"You're not a disgrace," Julie said firmly.

"That's what Greta said, too," Nick said, with a small smile. "She said I was strong for standing up against something I didn't believe in. I wasn't strong, though. I was scared."

"But you said you didn't want to get involved," Julie said. "That in itself is strong."

Nick shrugged. "I guess..."

"Nick," Julie reached for his hand again. "Come on, let's go for a walk. Maybe we'll wind back up at that little cove that you showed me the other day..."

"Sure," Nick said, smiling at her.

"Great," Julie said as they left.

"It's a nice night, isn't it?" Nick asked as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Yes it is," Julie leaned against him. "It's nicer since we got to get out by ourselves too."

"Your parents don't hate me, do they?" Nick asked her softly. "Since I've asked you to keep us a secret?"

"They understand better than anyone," Julie assured him.

"Good," Nick said, relaxing. "I really like your family."

"They really like you too," she grinned at him.

"Would you be okay with me living in London?" he asked her. "I noticed you didn't say much when I talked about it earlier."

"I think it'd be great," Julie said. "Especially after what we said the other day about wanting to stay together after we leave here." she let out an embarrassed laugh. "Another reason why I tried to distance myself from you at first was because I thought you wouldn't want to continue this past Hillsdale."

Nick debated on whether or not he should tell her this, but he decided since she'd been so honest with him, it was the least he could do. "Truth be told, Julie? I wasn't looking for something long-term when I first saw you," he said quietly.

"No?" she asked, a slight tremble in her voice.

He shook his head. "But that was before I was able to get to know you. The more I'm with you, the more I want to see where this goes. I've never actually had a girlfriend that lasted more than a couple of weeks. The past few years, I've not really been able to date anyone period. I've been so busy with the music and everything, that there wasn't any time."

"And now that's changed?" she asked.

He nodded. "I think so. I think about you all the time. When we're together, I feel happier than I can ever remember feeling. If it weren't for you and the Weasleys, I would have left Hillsdale a long time ago."

Julie smiled. "I think about you all the time too," she admitted shyly.

"You do?" Nick said, nudging her.

"Yes," she bumped his shoulder.

"Careful," Nick teased. "I am very famous. You don't want to cause me harm, do you Madam?"

"Oh that's it," she laughed. "Play the celebrity card. I'm so not impressed with you anymore."

"Come on, Julie Potter," Nick said dramatically. "Loads of girls would be fawning all over themselves dying to be in your position."

"Not me," she played along. "Both my parents are famous," she deadpanned. "I grew up with celebrities around."

"You mean to tell me that you're not after me for my fame, fortune and all-around good looks?" Nick asked her. "Say it isn't so!"

"Sorry," Julie shook her head. "Your fame and fortune and ego don't impress me at all." she laughed at his expression.

"Not even a little bit?" Nick asked.

"Not even a little bit," Julie teased.

"Damn," Nick said. He pretended to think very hard. "I think I'm going to have to rely on my charm then."

"Well it's a good thing you brought up the charm," Julie turned so she was walking backwards. "The charm is definitely working."

"So I'm in with a chance?" he asked hopefully.

"I'd say you have more than a chance, Nicholas," Julie said softly.

"Really?"

"Uh huh," she stopped right in front of him. He took her hand and pulled her close. "Be careful you," she murmured. "Don't you crush my flowers."

Nick smiled and leaned in. "I'll be careful."

Julie giggled as he finally covered her mouth with his.

He knew they were taking a chance kissing like this in public, but he could care less at the moment.

"Nick," she whimpered as he tore his mouth away, kissing the side of her neck.

"Yes," he whispered.

"We... we have to..." she stifled a cry.

"Stop?" he asked huskily.

"No," she said. "I don't want to."

He pulled back from her in surprise. "Did...did you just say..."

Her eyes were half closed and glazed over. "What?" she asked.

"You want to...I mean are you saying that you'd..."

"Oh..." she looked down. "Maybe um... I just got caught up..."

"It's okay," he said, looking down at her. "We have time for that...when you're ready."

Julie swallowed hard. "It's not that Nick- I'm just... I want to have it be really special you know?"

"You and Ryan never did?"

"No," Julie shook her head. "I wanted to at one point and now I'm glad I didn't waste it on him.'

He touched her cheek. "So am I."

She smiled at him and raised herself up to kiss him again.

"Careful, Julie," Nick said softly. "You just might make me fall in love with you."

"What?" she stared up at him with wide eyes.

"You heard me," Nick said, looking earnestly at her.

She took a deep breath, feeling dizzy. Chiaki had teased her about this the other day but she didn't think Nick felt this way about her, not yet. "Oh..." she uttered.

"Is it okay that I said that?" Nick whispered.

"Yes," she stared in his eyes. "Very okay..."

"Good," he said, softly. "I should probably get you home then."

"No..." she pulled on his hand. "Come on..."

"Where are you taking me?" he asked, laughing.

"Ready to get a little wet?" she asked teasingly.

Nick laughed. "That all depends on the context."

"I want to go back in our spot," Julie pushed his shoulder. "And we'll see what happens in there..."

Nick smiled conspiratorially at her. "Let's go..."

*** *** ***

After Toshio and Chiaki had seen Allison and Jon back to the Longbottom cabin, they'd taken off for the employee disco. Allison was dying to see what that place was like, but as Chiaki had gleefully pointed out, she and Jon were not old enough.

She and Jon were now sitting alone on the porch.

"It's really a nice night, isn't it?" Allison asked Jon, feeling like a complete idiot. "I'm sorry. That was completely lame. It's the sort of thing you say when you don't know what else to say. Of course, it's not that I don't have anything to say..."

"No it's okay," Jon laughed nervously. "It's weird being on a date. Not weird, because it's you or anything, but..." he sighed. "I just screwed that up didn't I?"

Allison giggled. "No, you're doing just fine. But, I know what you mean. This was my first date...which you probably realised by the embarrassing show my parents put on before we left."

Jon laughed again. "I'm just glad that you wanted to go out."

"I'm really glad that you asked me," she said shyly. "It's really been great getting to know you better. We've grown up together, but it's different. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah it does," Jon said. "You really looked pretty tonight too Al." he blushed.

"Really?" she asked, smiling sideways at him.

"Yeah," Jon said.

"Thanks," Allison said, looking down at her dress. She wanted to tell him that it was just an old hand-me-down from Chiaki, but decided to keep that bit of information to herself. "You know I used to think that you didn't like me at all. You never spoke to me except when I was studying with Josh or something."

"Yeah, I must have been pretty stupid," Jon said. "I think it was when we moved to Ireland. It hit me one day that I missed you more than anyone else over there."

Allison stared at him in disbelief. She'd never imagined that he felt that way about her. The more time she spent with him, the more pleasantly surprised she was about what a genuinely likable bloke he really was. She wished she could say the same, but she'd always fancied Josh.

"So," she said nervously. "Was your first date anything like this one? I can't imagine your parents were wanting to take pictures and things like that."

"You're actually my first date too," Jon mumbled.

"I am?" Allison asked, surprised. "But, I thought...I don't know what I thought, actually."

"My parents are a little strict about dating too," he said. "But they said this was an exception." he grinned.

"I'm glad," Allison said, squeezing his hand. "I really had a nice time tonight."

"Same here," Jon agreed. "Maybe we can do it again sometime while we're here?"

"I'd really like that," she said, softly. "If our parents allow another exception, right?"

"I think they might," he grinned at her.

Allison wondered if he was going to kiss her because he was looking at her as if he wanted to. Truth be told, she'd never been kissed before and wondered if she would do it wrong or if they'd bump noses or something.

"Al... I uh..." Jon gulped nervously.

"What?" she asked looking at him. "You what, Jon?"

"I like you a lot." he said.

Allison smiled shyly at him. "I like you a lot, too."

"Maybe when we get back to Hogwarts, we can go to a Hogsmeade weekend, just you and me..."

"You'd want to do that?" Allison asked. "I promise I wouldn't make you go to Madam Puddifoot's. I can't stand that place."

"Me either," Jon agreed. "I wish they'd put a Quality Quidditch shop in Hogsmeade."

"I know what you mean," Allison said, nodding. "Do you know I was actually going to try out for our house team, but I twisted my ankle the week of tryouts?"

"I remember that!" Jon said.

"I was so upset," Allison said, shaking her head. "I thought I had a great chance of making keeper, but Chris Creevey does a better job at it than I ever could."

"I'll bet you could make it next year," Jon said. "I had no idea you were so into Quidditch!"

"Don't tell my Mum this, but I actually prefer it to dancing," Allison whispered.

Jon laughed. "Your secret is safe with me."

Neville gingerly opened the cabin door and smiled at his daughter. "Sweetheart? It's getting kind of late. Perhaps you and Jon could say goodnight?"

Allison nodded and smiled at her father. Neville went back inside and Allison noticed that Jon had that same look he had on his face earlier.

"I guess this is good night, then?" she asked softly.

"Yeah," Jon said. "Sorry- I hope I didn't get you in trouble with your dad."

"You didn't," Allison said quickly, patting his hand reassuringly. "He and Mum probably just want to go to sleep."

"Right," Jon said. "Well um..." he leaned forward and quickly pressed his lips to hers.

Allison kissed him back and was relieved that they didn't bump noses. Although it was quick, it was very nice and sweet.

"Wow," Allison said when he broke the kiss. "I um...yeah."

"Me too," Jon said. "I hope that was okay."

"More than okay," Allison heard herself say in a dreamy tone. "So, um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Right," Jon said. "Bye Al."

"Good night, Jon," she said, watching him leave.

Cho, who was sitting on the couch, looked up from her book as Allison walked inside. "How was your first date, Allie?"

"It was fantastic Mum," Allison replied, still sounding quite dreamy.

"Really?" Cho said, grinning at her. "I think he really fancies you."

"I think so too," Allison looked out the window.

"So I take it there's going to be a second date, too?" Cho asked.

"If that's okay with you guys," Allison said softly, running her index finger over her lower lip.

"More than okay," Cho said. "I hope I didn't embarrass you too much earlier."

"No, everything turned out quite all right," Allison said. "Night mum. And thanks for letting me go out. I'm sure Frankie's waiting to hear all the details."

"Good night, Allie," Cho said, giving her daughter a hug. She wanted to hear all the details, too, but she knew that there were some things a girl didn't want to tell her mother.

*** *** ***

Julie felt a little shy once they got to the lake and were pulling off their clothes so at least something was dry.

"I will never make you do anything you don't want to," Nick said, as he pulled off his shirt.

"I know," she said. "Will you um... help me with this?" she lifted her hair so he could pull the zipper of her dress down.

"Sure," Nick said. His hands were shaking a bit as he pulled the dress zipper down. "What about your locket?"

"I'll um... wrap it up in my dress," she said.

Nick unclasped it for her and kissed the back of her neck.

A shiver ran down her spine as he did this. She slipped the dress down and stepped out of it, grateful that she'd worn a bra tonight.

Nick stared at her. She tried to cover herself up with her arms, but Nick gently touched her shoulder. "You're beautiful, Julie."

"I am?" she whispered.

"You don't think you are?" Nick asked, toying with one of her bra straps.

"No one but my parents has ever said that," she said softly.

"You are," Nick said, leaning his head down and kissing her neck. "Absolutely beautiful."

Julie closed her eyes and let her head fall back.

"We'd better get in the water before we're seen," he said quietly.

"I know," she whispered back.

They got in the water quietly, putting their clothes on top of their heads and holding them there as they swam.

When they finally reached the cove, Nick looked around. "Do you want me to start a fire?"

"If you want to," Julie spread her dress on the ground.

Nick managed to find some twigs and sticks and quickly started a fire with the help of his wand.

"Come on," he said, motioning for her to sit down.

Julie moved over next to him, pulling her legs up to her chest.

He laughed. "I promise I won't bite."

"I know that silly," she said.

"Not cold, are you?" he asked, pulling her close.

"Maybe just a little," she looked coyly at him. "Are you going to warm me up?"

"I might," Nick said, nuzzling her neck.

Julie tilted her head to give him better access to her skin.

"Julie," Nick breathed.

Her body literally felt like it was on fire as he moved his hand over her bare skin. She wanted him so bad she almost couldn't stand it. "Please..." she whimpered.

Nick kissed her then and they fell back onto her dress. Things were getting quickly out of hand and Nick wondered if he would be able to stop.

Hardly believing what they were doing, she guided his hands to the snap on her bra.

Nick looked down at her. "Julie...we should stop. I-I don't want to, but..."

"I don't want to either..." she breathed. "I know what I said before..."

He brushed a wet tendril of hair away from her forehead. "We have all the time in the world, Julie. I'm not going anywhere. I want to make this special for you."

"This is special..." she said.

"Are you...protected?" he asked her nervously.

Julie grabbed for her bag and pulled her wand out. She muttered a few words and smiled at him. "I am now."

He stared at her in disbelief for a moment. "Are you sure?"

"Nick I'm positive," she said. "I want to be with you."

Nick kissed her softly. "I want to be with you, too."

"Okay then," she stroked his hair.

Nick eased one of her bra straps down and peppered her shoulder with soft kisses. He'd never expected that the night would end up like this.

Julie helped him pull her bra off, her heart pounding with nervousness and anticipation. "Here," she whispered, guiding his hands to her bare chest.

The light from the fire illuminated her skin and hair and Nick thought as he kissed her that he'd never seen her look more beautiful than she did at this very moment. He could tell she was scared. So was he. This wasn't his first time as it was hers, but he didn't want to hurt her.

"Touch me," she said softly. "Show me Nick..."

With his thumb, Nick caressed her cheek. There was no turning back now. Slowly, he eased her knickers down. She shivered under his touch and Nick looked up at her. "Are my hands cold?"

"A little, but its okay," her eyes were half closed.

He discarded her knickers beside his boxer shorts and then gently settled back down on top of her.

He kissed her again, and Julie felt him press against her thigh. He slid his fingers inside her, readying her for what was going to happen.

Julie gasped inside his mouth and he took that as a sign that she was still okay with what he was doing. It was taking everything he had not to ravish her completely right here and right now.

She arched her back, her body feeling as hot as the fire that was burning next to them. "Please Nick," Julie begged, feeling like her insides were about to explode.

His eyes were trained on hers as he slowly entered her.

She held her breath, waiting for the pain that never came. "It doesn't hurt," she whispered. "You... feel so good Nick..."

"So do you," he whispered, leaning down and kissing her.

As he began to slowly move, she tried to mimic him, keeping his mouth pressed to hers so their groans, moans and cries wouldn't carry out past the trees surrounding them.

Nick buried his face in her shoulder as he cried out in release. He collapsed against her, feeling as if he never wanted to let her go.

Julie's breath came fast and she couldn't believe it was over- her body was still tingling. "Nick..." she said weakly.

"Yes, love?" Nick asked her.

"Am I supposed to feel like this?" she giggled a bit.

"Feel like what?" he asked, looking down at her. Her brow was covered in beads of sweat.

"Like I'm floating or something?" she asked.

He laughed. "Yes, you're supposed to feel like that."

"Good..." She pulled him down for another kiss. "I've never felt this good in my entire life..."

"Neither have I," he said honestly. "You are amazing, Julie."

"So are you Nick," Julie kissed him again. "I wish we could stay here all night."

"Me, too," Nick said, holding her close. "But I don't have a death wish. Your father would kill me."

Julie giggled. "Maybe, maybe not..."

"I beg to differ," Nick said. "And somehow I don't think it would be something as tame as a memory charm."

Julie pulled him over on top of her. "Just a few more minutes," she said softly.

"That could definitely be arranged," Nick said, kissing her.

"Good," Julie wrapped her arms around him and they snuggled together for a little while. "Promise me we'll do this... a number of times before we have to leave here?"

"So many that you'll lose count," he teased.

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear," Julie gave him one more kiss before sitting up and grabbing her knickers.

Nick sat up and put on his boxer shorts and handed Julie her dress and locket.

"This is really nice," he said, handing it to her. "It wasn't a gift from..."

"It was a gift from my dad to my mum, their first Christmas together," she said. "She gave it to me to wear tonight."

"She must have known this was going to be a special night for us," Nick said quietly.

"I didn't even know how it was going to be until you started kissing me," Julie touched his cheek.

"Well I certainly never expected the night to turn out this way, but I'm so...happy that it did," he said. "I do love you, Julie Potter. I hope you know that."

She could hardly believe the words he'd just said. "I love you too Nick," she replied softly.

He tenderly kissed her and held her for quite some time after that. Finally, he suggested that they should probably head on back to shore.

"Good idea," she said, watching him kick some sand over the fire to put it out.

"Don't worry," he said, as she looked longingly at the cove. "We'll be back, Jules."

"I know," she smiled and took his hand. They went as quietly as they could back through the water and she shivered when they emerged on the other side.

In the distance, Nick could hear music coming from the employee disco and fond memories of the first time he'd spoken to Julie came into his head. He watched as she slid back into her dress. Coming up behind her, he helped her with the zipper.

"Thanks," she smiled at him. "Walk me to my cabin?"

He hesitated for a moment wondering if his parents might be awake, but they weren't the type to go for a midnight stroll. "Of course," he said, taking her hand.

"We'll stay in the shadows," Julie said, knowing what he was thinking. "If worse comes to worse I'll just walk on and you can go back the other way."

"This isn't fair to you," Nick said suddenly angry. "We shouldn't have to hide, Julie."

"I know Nick," she pushed his hair out of his eyes. "But this is what we have to do until we can get out of here."

"I know," he said softly. "It still doesn't make it easier."

"No, but I think we're going to work through it just fine. And we have my parents and your relatives on our side here, and that's going to help. Trust me, it will." she reassured.

Nick nodded and held her hand as they walked back to her cabin. He wanted to believe it was that easy, but like everything involved with his parents, things were rarely easy.

"So... I had a really good time tonight," Julie laughed when they were back at the cabin. "Best date I've ever had."

"Good looks and charm works every time," Nick teased.

Julie hit his shoulder. "Smart ass," she said.

"Good night," he said, kissing her. "Sweet dreams."

"Good night," Julie kissed him back. "I'll have sweet dreams because of you now."

"I love you," he whispered, chancing another quick kiss.

"I love you too," she pressed her lips to his before pulling away. "I'll see you tomorrow... well today... sometime in the afternoon?"

He chuckled. "All of the above."

"Where do you want to meet?" Julie asked.

"I'm not sure," Nick said thoughtfully. "You said you wanted to go and see Maddie and R.J., right? We could, you know, accidentally run into each other there."

Julie laughed. "Sounds like a plan."

"Good night," he said, letting go of her hand and walking backwards down the cabin stairs.

Julie watched him turn and disappear into the darkness. She touched her lips and let out a quiet squeal before going into the cabin.

*** *** ***

"At least this time I didn't have to dress up for you Potter," Hermione teased her husband. They had snuck into the ballroom after it closed, and were currently lying on a blanket in the back room.

"It's the least you could do since you ran out on me this afternoon for that emergency at the Ministry," he said, pulling her close.

"I was only gone for three hours," Hermione protested.

"It seemed longer," Harry said.

"That's because you sat and watched the bloody clock until I came back." Hermione teased. "You should have taken Ethan swimming again. Now that he knows we don't care that he's afraid, he loves going in the water with you..."

"I didn't watch the clock until you came back," Harry said. "Ethan and I watched football on the telly. So, I was still being a good father. And I like it better when you're there with us."

"All right," Hermione kissed him. "You're a wonderful father and you know it."

"I'm okay," Harry said modestly. "You're the wonderful one."

"Well if you're going to insist," Hermione laughed at his expression. "Come on Harry, Ethan worships the ground you walk on. You'll be lucky if he stays like that as he gets older."

"I know," Harry said, kissing her forehead. "I just wanted to give him and Julie both what I never had growing up. I just feel blessed to have a wonderful family. And it's all because of you, Hermione."

"Well you had a LITTLE part in their births," Hermione traced his cheek with her finger.

Harry laughed. "Well, I nearly missed Julie's."

"Thank goodness you didn't," Hermione said. "It was quite an experience." she had been in labour with her daughter for nearly sixteen hours before giving birth. "I'll never forget the look on your face when she came out."

Harry felt tears coming to his eyes as he remembered that moment.

Hermione kissed him softly. "I can't believe it was almost twenty years ago," she said gently. "She's been your girl since day one."

He smiled. "So were you."

"That I have," Hermione said. "Since I saw you in that bloody parking lot, my life's never been the same."

"For me as well," Harry said, grinning at her. "And the kids are just as crazy about you as they are about me. Ethan told me this morning he was going to kick that mean Mr. Malfoy's leg for calling his mum that awful name."

Hermione laughed. "He's certainly inherited your sweetness." she ran her fingers through his unruly hair.

"Sometimes, I think he's inherited my moodiness," Harry teased.

"No one's got that as bad as you," Hermione said.

"I'm not as bad as I used to be," Harry protested.

"No you're not," Hermione teased, kissing him again.

"I also seem to remember a certain someone calling me every name in the book when she was in labour," Harry said.

"Hey," Hermione thumped his shoulder. "I was pushing out a BABY, for Merlin's sake!"

"I know," Harry said laughing. "Do you remember when I made the mistake of telling you to relax?"

Hermione cracked up. "I recall throwing something at you."

"Two pillows," Harry said. "And a book. You have really, really good aim, Hermione."

"Well it was worth it," Hermione ran her hand up his arm. "Both times."

"Yes, it was," Harry said softly. "You were much nicer to me the second time around."

"I was in much less pain," Hermione recalled. "Plus our thirteen year old daughter was right outside."

"I was really glad she was there," Harry said. He was silent for a few moments. "Do you ever think about having any more?" he finally asked.

"Another child?" she asked. "That would certainly spread the ages out wouldn't it?"

"Yes," he said with a slight laugh. They'd tried so hard after Julie was born to have another child and had nearly given up hope when Hermione had found out she was pregnant with Ethan. "It's not too late, is it? We still could...if we wanted to."

"I'm sure we still could," Hermione said. "I'll let you in on a little secret..."

"What's that?" Harry asked, closing his eyes.

"I haven't used the protection charm on myself since we got here," she whispered in his ear.

Harry opened his eyes and grinned broadly at her. "You haven't?"

"Nope," Hermione said.

"So you've been thinking about this, too?"

"Here and there," Hermione moved closer to him on the blanket. "I mean, it's not a guarantee, knowing the troubles we've had conceiving in the past but it's worth a try. And you know what I always like to say..."

"If at first you don't succeed," Harry said, kissing her. "Try, try again?"

"You know me too well Potter," Hermione laughed. "Now by all means... try!"