Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Here's one for you D/G fans out there- they don't get the WHOLE chapter but things finally start to iron out between them a bit ;) And of courseā€¦ one person that everyone dislikes is leaving as well. Haha!

Thanks again for all your support and as always, let us know what you think!

I'm Only Happy When it Rains - Garbage

I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains

Ginny was lying on her bed, trying to get some sleep when she heard loud pounding on the door. Nick probably forgot his keys, Ginny thought angrily, stumbling to her feet. She'd had a few drinks to calm her nerves, but she wasn't nearly as bad as she'd been last night.

The knocking persisted and Ginny groaned as she made her way toward the door. It would serve Nicholas right if she didn't let him inside after the way he'd behaved. "I'm coming," she called back angrily.

Draco pounded harder on the door. "Come on," he called, his voice angry and sarcastic.

Ginny fumbled with the lock and swung the door open. She rubbed her eyes. "Draco?" she asked weakly.

"Ginevra," her husband returned coldly. "What the FUCK have you been letting Nicholas do?"

He breezed past her into the cabin and Ginny slammed the door behind him.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked him. "What I'VE been letting him do?"

"Well it's not as if I've been around," Draco dropped his bags on the floor.

"You've not been around for weeks," Ginny reminded him. "And what the hell are you doing here now?" She was hurt that he hadn't even noticed the bandage on her forehead.

Draco shrugged, too angry right now to admit he missed her. "Business lightened up."

"What happened to your jaw?" she asked, trying not to sound as if she cared.

"I ran into some old friends of ours while trying to find out what fucking cabin you're in." Draco rubbed it gently. "Fucking Potter and your brother."

"Those people were never our friends," Ginny said angrily. "They've managed to turn Nicholas against us. And that mousy Granger thinks she's so superior."

"Tell me about it," Draco snorted. "A Mudblood as the Minister for Magic. Thank Merlin we got the fuck out of there before that happened."

Ginny nodded and was about to tell him everything that had happened since she'd arrived, but she remembered she was supposed to be mad at him. "So," she said, folding her arms. "Who was it this time? The blonde bimbo that lives two doors down? Or was it that mediwitch from your practise?"

Draco raised an eyebrow. "What the fuck are you talking about?" he asked.

"The tart you've been seeing behind my back!" she retorted.

"Bloody hell Ginny, how many times do I have to tell you that I DON'T CHEAT!" Draco snapped, still holding his jaw.

"Then where have you been?" she asked him, shoving him. "Where have you been, huh? Don't even try and tell me you were working. You're not that dedicated, you pompous arse!"

"Where the hell do you think we get the money to live like we do?" Draco shot back. "Not from sitting on my arse!"

Ginny laughed. "You never come home anymore, Draco. What was I supposed to think? This would never have happened if I'd married Ha..."

"What?" Draco was angrier than she'd ever seen him. "You think your fucking life would be so great if you had married Potter?"

"You're damn right I do!" she shot back. She didn't really mean that, but she'd wanted to hurt him just as he'd hurt her.

Instead of getting angrier, Draco only laughed. "Right," he snorted. "Perfect Potter- he'd have had you eating out of his hand. His lapdog, his servant. That is, if he even gave you the time of day. He never did like you much, did he Ginny?"

"HE DID SO!" Ginny yelled at him. "He would have been MINE if that Mudblood hadn't come around!"

"No he wouldn't have and you know it," Draco said scornfully.

Ginny sank back down onto the sofa, defeated.

"I needed you and you weren't there for me, Draco," she said softly. "You haven't been there for me in quite some time."

Draco looked at her, unsure of her intentions. "I didn't know you needed me," he finally uttered.

"Of course I did!" Ginny exclaimed. "I do. You're my fucking husband! You're supposed to be here for me."

"Why do you think I came, dammit?" Draco asked. "Not to fucking get punched by Potter!"

"I don't know why you came," she said softly. "Enlighten me."

"If you want to know the truth," Draco began testily. "I missed you all right? So I traded off some of my shifts and came here."

Ginny smiled as he sat down beside her. She scooted closer to him on the sofa. "You missed me?" she asked, fingering his shirt collar.

"Yeah," Draco replied. "I did."

She touched his cheek. "Does it hurt?"

"Fuck yes it does," Draco replied.

"I could kiss it and make it better," she said huskily, now sitting on his lap.

"I can heal it and then you could kiss me," Draco replied.

"What if I don't want to wait?" she purred.

"I'm not stopping you." he said.

She smiled before kissing him hungrily. It had been way too long since they'd been together.

"I really did miss you," Draco said when they pulled apart.

"Show me," Ginny said.

"Wait," Draco got his wand and pointed it at his jaw. "There..." he pulled her on top of him.

"Good as new," she whispered, touching his cheek.

"Are you ready to make me feel all better?" Draco asked.

"More than you know," she said throatily. She still had her doubts about his faithfulness, but it didn't matter now. He was here. He'd missed her. For now, that was enough.

*** *** ***

"Mummy," Ethan said later that evening as his parents were tucking him into bed after Nick had left and Julie was taking a shower. "Who was that mean man at dinner and why doesn't he like Nick?"

Hermione and Harry exchanged concerned looks. They'd not said anything to their son about what had happened and had naively thought that Ethan wouldn't ask.

"He's someone we used to know a long time ago," Hermione said, choosing her words carefully. "And he's Nick's father."

"But he's not like you Daddy," Ethan replied.

"No, little man, he's not like me at all," Harry said, smiling at his son.

"That's good," Ethan snuggled under his covers. "I didn't like him."

"I'm sorry you had to see him," Hermione said with a sigh. "He said some really mean things to everyone tonight. You shouldn't have had to hear that, Ethan."

"He called you that same thing that Nick's mummy called Julie." Ethan said.

Hermione nodded. "Unfortunately, it's probably not the last time you'll ever hear me called that, Ethan. There are some really close-minded people out there who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood."

"I still love you Mummy," Ethan grinned impishly at her. "No matter what everyone else says."

Hermione felt tears well up in her eyes as she smiled lovingly at her son. She hugged him tightly. "Thank you, sweetheart. I love you, too."

"Hey little man, tomorrow you want me and your mum to help you out with your swimming?" Harry asked, tousling his son's messy hair.

Ethan nodded. "I can show you how much better I'm doing!"

"That's right," Harry grinned. "Good night little man."

Ethan yawned as he lay his head down on the pillow. "Good night, Daddy. Good night, Mummy."

Hermione turned off Ethan's lamp and walked quietly out of the room.

Harry grinned at her as he closed the door quietly. "He's being extra sweet because he thinks your feelings were hurt."

"He gets that from you," Hermione said softly.

"Aye," Harry wound his arms around her. "We both know how to make you feel better."

"That you do," she said, kissing him. "I still wish you hadn't have hit Malfoy, Harry."

"He deserved it Hermione," Harry said. "He would have dragged Nick out of there but not before insulting everyone else."

"I know he did, but I don't want Ethan thinking violence is the answer for everything," Hermione said, but she broke out into a smile. "But I did like you sticking up for me..."

"I'll explain to him about me hitting Malfoy," Harry said. "And as for sticking up for you... it comes with the job." he grinned mischievously.

Hermione looped her arms around his neck. "Oh, it does? Well, what else comes with the job?"

"This," Harry gently brushed his lips over hers. "And this..." he picked her up easily in his arms.

"You're really quite good at the job," she teased. "You may need a promotion."

"And who's going to give me that promotion?" Harry asked huskily. "What does this promotion entitle me to?"

Hermione was still giggling as he brought her into the bedroom. She used her leg to kick the door shut behind them. He set her down on the bed and she pulled him down on top of her. "I think I'm more than qualified to give you that promotion and I think you're about to find out what that promotion will entitle you to..."

"Fantastic," Harry sealed his mouth over hers.

*** *** ***

Nearly everyone had left the restaurant. Cho had decided to go back to the cabin with Frankie and Allie and Neville had a quick word with Steve, apologizing for what had happened. Neville went back outside to grab his jacket and was quite surprised to see Chiaki was still sitting there.

"Chiaki?" Neville asked. "Sweetheart, I thought you went back to the cabin with your mum and sisters?"

Chiaki jumped. "Sorry," she said. "I just got a little lost in thought is all..."

Neville nodded and sat down beside her. "Are you okay?"

Chiaki shrugged. "Aside from seeing... him... for the first time? I guess..."

"I know you've heard stories about him, but you never really know how he really is until you see him up close," Neville said, shaking his head. "I wish you didn't have to see that, Chiaki."

"I would have had to sooner or later right?" she asked. "It's not that I want to get to know him- I don't. But he didn't even acknowledge me, much less even look at me. I guess it hurts a little more than I thought to see how easily I can be forgotten."

Neville wished he knew what to say. He, for one, was glad Draco Malfoy, hadn't looked at his daughter. If Malfoy had dared to utter one cross word at Chiaki or to Cho, Neville would have beaten him to within an inch of his life.

"I'm sorry Dad," Chiaki apologised. "I meant what I said when we first got here- you're the best, and you really are my only father, and the only person I'd call a father."

"You don't have to apologise," Neville said. "This isn't your fault. None of it is. And you are my daughter. My oldest daughter and you are just as much mine as Allie or Frankie. Draco Malfoy doesn't deserve someone as wonderful and lovely as you in his life, Chiaki."

"Thanks," Chiaki hugged him tightly.

"I don't know how long he'll be here, Chiaki," Neville said, hugging her back. "I imagine we haven't seen or heard the last of him, though. Especially after tonight."

"I know," Chiaki said. "I hope I don't have to see him. I feel really sorry for Nick though. He's actually had to live with him."

"Aye," Neville nodded. "But at least Nick turned out as well as he did."

"That's a relief," Chiaki smiled at her dad as they left the restaurant. "He and Julie are seeing each other."

"Harry mentioned that," Neville said putting an arm around her.

"He really seems to like her a lot," Chiaki replied.

"I hope it works out for them," Neville said. "But it won't be easy. Especially with Malfoy here."

"Maybe they'll try and keep it a secret," Chiaki suggested.

Neville wasn't really sure if that was such a great idea, either. For one thing, he knew that if this were to become serious and Malfoy found out about it, he'd stop at nothing to put an end to it. Neville didn't really know Nick all that well, but he did like him. As for Julie, Neville thought of her like another daughter. He only hoped that this wouldn't end up badly for either of them.

"Maybe," was all Neville finally said.

"I really didn't mean to make you feel bad back there Dad," Chiaki said as they came to their cabin.

"You didn't," Neville reassured her.

"Okay good," Chiaki hugged him.

He kissed her cheek. "Good night, my little girl."

"Night," Chiaki smiled at him. "Toshio's coming back to visit in a couple of days."

"Is he now?" Neville asked her. "You going to allow him to spend time with the rest of us as well, or are you going to keep him all to yourself?"

Chiaki giggled. "I guess that depends on how long he can stay this time. Hopefully overnight at least."

Neville nodded and watched as she disappeared behind her bedroom door. He had a really bad feeling about Draco Malfoy's arrival at Hillsdale. After all these years, Malfoy still had a knack for showing up and messing things up just when things were going so well.

*** *** ***

Seamus rode silently alongside Summer as they headed for the local airport. They had received a call that morning stating that Summer was needed back in LA as soon as possible, as there was a possible problem concerning her part in a new film that was coming out. She'd packed quickly and even though Seamus couldn't get thoughts of Lavender out of his head, he went along to say goodbye.

"I'm sorry that our vacation is being cut short," Summer said, resting her head on his shoulder. "We were having such a great time, weren't we? But, don't you worry, Shamy. Hopefully, I'll be back before you have time to miss me."

"That's good to hear," he said absently.

"I wish I had the chance to say goodbye to your friends," Summer said wistfully. "I hope they don't think I'm rude for just running out like this."

"They'll understand," Seamus assured her. "Hermione works in the government so she has to run out all the time."

"She must be a real brain, huh?" Summer asked. "Working in the government and all..."

"Yeah she's pretty smart," Seamus replied.

"You know, I think you should have them out to visit us in Los Angeles," she said. "They are your oldest friends after all and this is the first time I've had the chance to meet them. And your friends would love Los Angeles, don't you think?"

"Um... maybe." Seamus said, thinking of how Lavender would LOVE LA- it was just her style.

They pulled into the airport and despite the fact that it was late at night and the chance that there would be any paparazzi present was zero to none, Summer turned the overhead light on in the car and pulled her compact from her bag. She checked her makeup and frowned. "Why didn't you tell me that my lipstick was smudged?"

"I didn't notice," Seamus said. "It looks fine."

"Smudged lipstick is not fine," Summer said huffily. "Honestly, you men do not understand anything about beauty. I really am thinking about having collagen injections for my lips. They're not as full as I'd like."

"Don't jump on the plastic surgery bandwagon Summer," Seamus said a bit scornfully.

"It's nothing major," Summer said defensively. "It's just my lips, Seamus. Besides, everyone's having it done."

"Right," Seamus replied.

"Do you know who has really great lips?" Summer asked. "Your friend Lavender. She really does. And great bone structure. She could do something with her hair, of course."

"There's nothing wrong with her hair," Seamus said defensively. "It used to be a lot longer than that."

"I just think she could do something more to it," Summer explained. "It might look good curly, don't you think?"

"I don't know," Seamus said, baffled.

Summer giggled. "I don't even know why I bother talking to you about fashion or beauty. It goes in one ear and out the other. "

"Exactly," Seamus said.

The driver parked the car and held the door open for them.

"Don't worry about getting out," she said, smiling at him. "We had a busy afternoon and I know you're tired. It's enough for me that you wanted to see me off. Why don't you go on back and get some rest? I'll call you when I get back to L.A."

"All right," Seamus dutifully kissed her goodbye. "I'm sure you'll get everything straightened out."

"I will," Summer said, winking at him. "And you behave yourself, Seamus Finnigan!"

"I always do," Seamus grinned back at her.

"No, you don't," she teased. "And for that I'm very, very glad."

Seamus watched her go, unsure of how he felt about her leaving. He felt guilty thinking about Lavender while he was with Summer but it was almost like he couldn't help himself. Away from LA, he felt like he had less in common with Summer. The ride back to Hillsdale was silent except for Seamus thanking the driver when he got back. He decided to go for a walk to try and calm his thoughts.

Lavender was too keyed up from the encounter with Draco Malfoy to even attempt sleep. She'd gone back to visit with Luna and Ron after dinner and she was now on her way back to her own cabin. She hoped Hermione was still awake so they could talk. She saw a familiar brown-haired man walking her way and she nearly stopped in her tracks.

"Seamus?" she called out uncertainly.

He spun around. "Hi Lavender," he said.

"What are you doing out so late?" she asked. She stopped herself from making a snide comment about him going out for another midnight swim with his girlfriend. She hadn't seen him since he'd kissed her and she supposed she'd been avoiding him.

"I uh... I had to drop Summer off at the airport. She had to fly back to LA tonight for a movie role." he replied.

"Oh," Lavender said, surprised. "You didn't go with her?"

"No, they just wanted her." Seamus shrugged.

Lavender nodded, suddenly feeling quite uncomfortable. She didn't really know what to say, but then she figured he ought to know who had shown up tonight.

"You missed all the fireworks tonight," she told him. "You'll never guess in a million years who showed their face here tonight."

"Well..." Seamus said as they began to walk together. "When you say fireworks, my guess would have to be Malfoy..."

"Yes! Can you believe it?" she asked him. "We were all having a nice dinner when out of the blue, he walks out and starts yelling at Nick and calling Hermione that awful name. He practically went around the table insulting all of us..."

"Why would either of them even show up?" Seamus asked.

"I have no idea," Lavender said thoughtfully. "It's about as ridiculous as me showing at your wedding to Spring or Summer or Fall." When she saw the look on his face, she felt guilty. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Seamus shook his head. "Why do you hate Summer so much?" he asked. "Is it because she has something you want?"

"No," Lavender said quickly. "It's because she's all wrong for you, Seamus."

"And how would you know?" Seamus asked sharply.

"Because I used to know you," she said looking at him. "And while we're asking each other questions, why on earth did you kiss me the other night?"

"I knew you'd bring that up," Seamus said. "I don't know why I did. Was it that awful for you or something?"

"No," she replied. "It just confused me is all."

"Well YOU confuse me," Seamus replied.

"What?" Lavender asked. "How do I confuse you?"

"You claimed to love me. You said you trusted me. I still admit what happened looked awful- no don't interrupt!" Seamus held up a hand. "It looked awful and if the roles had been reversed I'd have been angry too. But I'd at least have given you the chance to explain what was going on."

"It was pretty obvious what had happened between you and Lola," Lavender said, her nose crinkling up in disgust as she said Lola's name. "I didn't need you to explain what I had seen with my own two eyes! I knew she had been after you from the start!"

"Lola was a lesbian Lavender!" Seamus finally snapped.

"I really don't need to hear..." she started to say, but her words trailed off as she tried to comprehend what he'd just said. "Pardon me? Did you just say she was a...lesbian?"

"Yeah," Seamus said shortly. "She liked other women. She actually thought you were quite cute, as a matter of fact," his tone turned a bit snide.

"She did?" Lavender asked, flattered. Remembering the situation they were discussing, she remembered she was supposed to be mad. "Are you sure she was a lesbian, Seamus? Why was she in your flat in nothing but her knickers?"

He exhaled. "Do you recall that I lived in a Muggle building? The heat? You complained about it too, remember?"

"Yeah," Lavender said with a shrug. She didn't really see what this had to do with anything. "Are you saying that the two of you took your clothes off because of the heat? Because that seems a bit far-fetched, Seamus."

When she saw how serious he looked, she wondered if what he was saying was the truth.

"You're not lying, are you?" she asked weakly.

"I never lied about that," Seamus avoided looking at her.

"Oh," was all Lavender could say. If she'd have just listened to him...

"But why were you spending so much time with her?" Lavender complained. "You were cancelling dates to be with her, Seamus! What else was I supposed to think!'

"You should have trusted me!" Seamus finally faced her. "I loved you- I would have never cheated on you. I was up front about my feelings from the start!"

"Yes, but," Lavender stammered. "You...you left. You didn't stick around and fight for me!"

"Would that have made a difference?" Seamus asked bitterly. "You told me you never wanted to see me again. I came home and all your things were gone from my flat. I tried to ring you, owl you, even go over and see you and you refused me every time. Then I got an offer to work in Hollywood so I left."

Lavender remembered how he'd come over to her aunt and uncle's house trying to see her and she'd told him that if he didn't leave she was going to have him arrested. She remembered burning the owl post he sent to her. She even remembered slamming the telephone down when he called.

"I'm sorry," Lavender finally said, feeling that it couldn't even begin to express how she felt about this. They'd lost so many years because she'd been so stubborn.

Seamus shrugged. Part of him wanted her to see how it felt like to be pushed away but the other part warned him to be more mature than that. "Yeah..." he finally said.

"Where do we go from here?" she asked softly.

Seamus didn't know whether or not to confess about him proposing to her before their break up. "I'm not sure," he said. "I'm not sure if we can fix this back up."

"Maybe we could work on being friends again at least?" Lavender suggested hopefully. "It was because of me that you stayed away from everyone, Seamus."

"I guess..." Seamus replied. "That might be nice."

"So how do we go about doing that?" she asked him.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Stop going at each other's throats for a start, I suppose."

Lavender laughed. "I suppose I could do that. And I promise not to make fun of your girlfriend or make anymore rude or snide remarks."

"Thank you," Seamus replied. "And if Malfoy tries to start anything with you tell me."

Lavender frowned. "Well, he sort of already did."

"What did he say?" Seamus asked,

"He said something smart about me being the only one unmarried at the table," Lavender explained. "Little does he know, I've actually been married twice...but they don't really count."

"I can't believe you were married twice," Seamus said. "And how do they not count?"

Lavender blushed. "They were both annulled actually. One I can blame on temporary insanity and the other can be blamed on way too much alcohol."

"How long did they last?" Seamus asked, remembering his and Neville's conversation.

"Not very long," Lavender said evasively. "It's not really important is it? Wait just a minute! You knew, didn't you?"

He shrugged. "I heard a few rumours," he said evasively.

"Well, just promise me you won't join in with the others to tease me about it," Lavender said sternly. "Harry and Hermione are relentless about it. Don't even get me started on Ron."

Seamus laughed. "Well it is sort of funny..." he began.

She swatted at his arm playfully. "It is not funny! It's quite embarrassing really."

"Why'd you do it then?" he couldn't resist asking,

Lavender considered his question a long time before she finally answered him.

"I've asked myself that same question so many times. I think I was trying to find what you and I used to have. But, I guess you're not lucky enough to find that kind of love twice, right?"

Seamus was silent for a good minute or so. "Not usually, no..."

"And I guess I've been around Neville and Cho, and Ron and Luna, and Harry and Hermione," Lavender continued. "And I just want what they have. I'd like to have my own family someday, too."

"Yeah," Seamus wanted that as well but didn't vocalise it.

"It's getting late," Lavender said reluctantly. She was enjoying talking to him like this. She'd missed it. If she was being honest with herself, she missed him, too. "I was on my back to my cabin when I ran into you."

"Yeah, I was just taking a short walk before turning in," Seamus replied.

"For what it's worth, Seamus," Lavender said softly. "I really am sorry for not giving you the chance to explain all those years ago. More sorry than you know."

Seamus nodded. "Maybe now... we'll get it all in the open." he said.

"I'd like that," she said, extending her hand. "Friends?"

"Friends," Seamus shook it. 'And sooner, I hope more.'

"Good night, Seamus," Lavender whispered.

*** *** ***

The next morning, Draco and Ginny were relaxing on the sofa in the sitting room of their cabin. Draco was still dressed in his pyjama bottoms and Ginny was wearing a red silk dressing gown. Things were still somewhat tense between them, but Ginny felt they were well on their way to getting back to normal.

They'd decidedto order in their breakfast to avoid running into the others. Ginny had just poured herself another cup of coffee when she heard the front door slam.

"Nicholas, is that you?" Ginny called out.

Nick had hoped his parents would still be asleep. "Yes," he answered.

"Where were you last night, sweetheart?" Ginny asked sweetly. "Your father and I were worried when we woke up this morning and you weren't here."

"I'm sure you were really worried," Nick said sarcastically.

"That's no way to talk to your mother," Draco lectured him. "Especially after the way you acted last night. Associating with those blood-traitors and Mudbloods."

"Like you care," Nick shot back. "That's the first time in my whole bloody life you've shown any interest in what I was doing."

"We do care, Nicholas," Ginny said. "I know you don't know this, but who you associate with and how you conduct your life reflects on us as your parents. We don't want you giving anyone the wrong idea."

His parents were such fucking snobs, Nick thought. "I don't care how it reflects on you. Fact of the matter is, I finally met some family members that actually care about me."

"If you're talking about Ron and that ditzy Luna Lovegood," Ginny began. "They've always had it out for me, Nicholas. Especially Luna. And you'd think she'd be more kind to me considering for a time there, I was her only friend at school."

"Why so you could steal her moneybag?" Nick snorted disdainfully. "I'm going to change."

"I see they wasted no time in filling you in about that, did they?" Draco called out to him.

"I actually found out on my own," Nick said. "And you're worried about ME embarrassing you?"

"Those new friends and family you're so proud of, Nicholas?" Draco asked coldly. "I'll have you know that they set your mother and me up to take the fall for something that Saint Potter's cousin came up with. Ginny's own brother set her up, Nicholas. What do you think about that?"

"I'd say you deserved it," Nick stared evenly at his father.

Draco shook his head and laughed. "Your last name is Malfoy, Nicholas. Not Wesley. You'd do well to remember that."

"Like you've ever made me feel like I belong," Nick retorted.

Ginny stood up from the sofa and stood between her husband and son. "Okay, okay. Nicholas, I know you're upset. But, we're together now, okay? Why don't you just come and sit down and have some breakfast with us?"

"I already ate," Nick replied. "With my uncle, and my aunt. And my cousins."

"Were Minister Mudblood and Saint Potter there, too?" Draco asked sarcastically.

"So what if they were?" Nick asked defensively. They had, in fact, not been there but his parents didn't need to know that.

"You listen to me, Nicholas," Draco said coolly. "If you want to catch up with your aunt and uncle that's fine. At the very least, you'll see how the poor, destitute people live. But, if I hear that you've been hanging around Potter and his family..."

"What will you do?" Nick challenged.

"Greta is getting on up there in years, isn't she?" Draco asked innocently. He knew that if there was one weak spot for his son, it was Greta. "I'd hate for something to happen to her, wouldn't you? After all, you always said she was like a mother to you."

Nick narrowed his eyes. "Why do you use someone innocent to blackmail me," he began coolly. "You keep this between us. You've always hated how I've been and what I do with my life and now you're trying to dictate who I can socialize with."

"Socialize with whomever you want, Nicholas. But, I am drawing the line at Potter, the Mudblood and those brats he calls children," Draco said angrily.

"Will you stop using that word!" Nick shouted.

"It's what she is," Draco said with a shrug. "Would you prefer I used know-it-all bitch? Because, she is that as well."

Ginny laughed. "I'm quite fond of that one, love."

"You two are pathetic," Nick stared at his parents in disgust. "Because you're hanging onto a situation where YOU were both in the wrong. I don't want to be associated with IT or YOU!" he turned and stomped into his bedroom.

"Do you see?" Ginny asked her husband. "Do you see what I've had to put up with?"

"He's been bloody hexed or brainwashed," Draco stared at the place where his son had been standing.

"He's been seeing the Potters' daughter," Ginny pointed out. "He took her out on a date the other night. I think all of this is some vain effort of his to impress her."

"That's disgusting," Draco's lip curled up.

"Now that you're here," Ginny said, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I think that'll stop."

"It better," Draco said grimly. "I'll not have anyone with MY blood running through them associating with the likes of them."

"We'll just have to keep a better eye on him," Ginny said, nodding in agreement with her husband.

"Right," Draco said, setting his arm around her.

"And in the meantime," Ginny said mischievously. "We can have a bit of fun with our old 'friends', can't we?"

"How do you mean?" Draco smiled at her.

"You remember how Potter hates the media attention he gets, right?" Ginny asked him. "Apparently, no one knows where they really are at the moment. What if we had some photographers show up and mess up their little family holiday?"

Draco's smile turned into a grin. "This is why I married you," he said, leaning in for a kiss.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" she asked teasingly.

"It's one of several," Draco ran his fingers through her silky red hair.

"And you know, you and I are okay by ourselves," she said, nipping playfully at his neck. "But together, we're unstoppable."

"Exactly..." Draco pulled her over on top of him.

Ginny didn't know what was turning her on more at the moment. The idea that they'd finally have one up on the Potters or what her husband was doing to her at the moment. Ginny hadn't felt this good in a long time.

"It's all because of you," she whispered in Draco's ear. "All because of you."

"What is?" he asked.

"The reason why I'm so happy," she answered.

Draco kissed her again. "Good," he said huskily.

*** *** ***

Things were a bit quiet between all of them the next morning as they got dressed for the day. Lavender was thinking about her conversation with Seamus, Harry and Hermione were deep in thought about what Malfoy showing up meant, Julie was pondering what would happen between her and Nick and Ethan was just worried that he would make a fool of himself in the water.

"Dad?" Ethan asked as he helped Hermione load up their bags for the lake. "Do you promise you won't laugh at me?"

Hermione looked at Ethan and wondered how that little boy always seemed to know when the mood in a room needed to be lightened.

"If he does," Hermione said, smiling down at him. "We'll push him in the lake, little man."

"Hey!" Harry pretended to be offended. "What if your Mum laughs? What do we do with her?"

"We could tickle her, Daddy!" Ethan said laughing. "You know how Mummy hates that!"

"Ethan, you don't have to worry about that because I would never laugh at you," Hermione said, glaring at Harry.

Harry grinned innocently back at her. "Tickling sounds like a fantastic idea," he wiggled his fingers at his wife.

"Harry James Potter," Hermione said sternly. "You better not!"

Harry just grinned wider. "Oh will you two give it a break for once?" Lavender asked exasperatedly.

Hermione's smile faded as she looked at Lavender properly. She exchanged a confused look with Harry and Ethan just went back to packing up his toys in his beach bag.

"Is everything okay, Lav?" Hermione asked gingerly.

"Yes and no," Lavender sighed.

"Are you upset about Malfoy showing up?" Hermione asked. "His arrival certainly threw us all for a loop..."

Lavender shrugged. "He means nothing to me... but I finally talked to Seamus. And I realised what a bloody fool I've made of myself with him!"

"That's the understatement of the year!" Harry exclaimed, earning a warning glance from his wife. "Come on, Hermione. The two of them should never have broken things off."

"Harry Potter this is none of your business!" Lavender said crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry, Lavender," Harry said quietly. "You're right. It is none of my business."

"I'm sorry," Lavender replied. "I didn't mean to sound so ticked off. I'm just really confused."

Although Julie would have loved to hear about this, she could tell that perhaps her parents wanted to talk to Lavender alone. She quietly excused herself and Ethan on the guise of helping him pick out more toys.

"What happened last night?" Hermione asked when it was just the three of them in the living room.

Lavender explained what she and Seamus had talked about. "Hermione I've never felt so stupid in my life. If I'd only listened..." she sighed. "I'd be a lot happier right now."

"It's not too late," Hermione said. "You've missed some years together, but the feelings the two of you had for each other, they're still there, aren't they?"

Lavender shrugged. "I don't really know," she said. "Maybe."

"With Summer out of the picture for now, you can at least try and be friends again," Harry suggested. "That's a start."

"She's not really out of the picture," Lavender said. "She's coming back after she irons out all the troubles there in LA."

Hermione smiled reassuringly at her cousin. "What do you want to do then?"

"I don't know yet," Lavender said. "We said we'd try and be friends again, so I guess we'll figure out where to go from there."

"That sounds like an excellent idea," Hermione said, giving Lavender a hug. "And if you need to talk, I'm always here. You know that, right?"

"Thanks Hermione," Lavender said gratefully. "I'm coming down with you guys to the lake. A little colour on my skin will look fabulous with my fall line."

"Let's get going then," Harry said, grinning at both Hermione and Lavender. "Come on, Ethan! Julie!"

"Coming!" Julie replied.

Ethan followed Julie out of the room carrying two large bags of toys.

"Ethan!" Hermione asked. "You're never going to play with all of those!"

"But I might need them!" Ethan protested.

"One bag and that's it," Hermione said firmly. She saw her son pout at her and she glared at Harry. "You've been talking to your father again, haven't you Ethan? Well, he probably neglected to tell you that the 'pout' and 'puppy dog eyes' don't always work."

"Just most of the time," Harry advised his son. "Pick and choose your battles little man. You're not going to win this one."

"But you said it was foolproof!" Ethan protested. He grumbled as he took one of the bags back into his bedroom.

"Foolproof, eh?" Hermione asked Harry.

"I never said that," Harry said sheepishly, grinning at his wife and daughter.

"What other nuggets of wisdom have you been passing on to our son?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing," Harry put his hands up. "The kid's observant, what can I say?"

Hermione laughed and shook her head. Harry was definitely right about that.

"Julie?" Hermione asked. "Will Nick be joining us today?"

"I don't know," Julie blushed a little. "I hope so. I haven't seen him since he left here last night."

"I should hope not," Harry said sternly.

"Dad!" Julie said, blushing brighter. "Honestly!"

"Yeah Harry," Lavender put an arm around her niece. "Julie's old enough to sneak out. She older than you and Hermione when you snuck out to shag every night!"

"Lavender!" Hermione exclaimed, rounding on her cousin.

"Oooh, Mum!" Julie teased. "Every night, huh?"

"Just about," Lavender confirmed.

"Harry and I spent most of that time talking about culture and world events and art," Hermione said quickly. "And he was teaching me how to dance..."

"The horizontal mambo?" Julie chimed in as Lavender dissolved into a fit of giggles.

"A little help, please?" Hermione asked, looking at Harry.

Harry grinned. "I taught her the bunny hop." he said smugly, earning a shriek of laughter from Lavender.

"Okay, okay," Hermione said, trying not to laugh herself.

Ethan came back into the room, carrying his one bag of toys and Hermione was again grateful for his impeccable sense of timing.

"Are we all ready?" Harry asked.

Julie followed her family out the door, her eyes unconsciously scanning the area for Nick.

"I hope that mean man won't be there today," Ethan said thoughtfully as they walked toward the lake.

"You and me both, little man," Lavender said, taking his hand. "You and me both."

'No, but I sure hope his son is,' Julie mentally added.

Despite the early hour, the lake was already crowded and they had to settle for a spot near the snack bar. Everyone set their belongings down and Hermione noticed Julie scanning the crowds.

"I'm sure he'll show up," Hermione said, patting her daughter on the shoulder.

"Oh," Julie was embarrassed to be caught looking. "Right..."

Hermione smiled and sat down on the lounge chair to pull off her shorts and t-shirt.

"Where's the red one?" Harry asked impishly.

"That's only for special occasions," Hermione said winking at him.

"Isn't this a special occasion?" Harry asked. "I mean, we're showing our son how to swim here..."

"It is a special occasion," Hermione said. "But I only let you see the red one. Besides, you like this one, don't you?" She stood up so he could get a proper look at the more conservative blue bikini she'd chosen.

"Yeah," Harry eyed her curvy figure appreciatively. "But I like seeing more skin on you."

"Stop," Julie said, rolling her eyes. "Before you scar Ethan and me for life."

"I thought you liked all this romantic stuff..." Harry teased.

"I do," Julie said, smiling back at him, "but just tone it down a bit, Dad."

"Impossible, Jules," Lavender said. "They've been married how many years now? And they still can't keep their hands off of each other..."

Julie laughed but her eyes locked on the blond entering the lake area. "Nick!" she called, waving her hand above her head.

Nick grinned the moment he saw her. He knew that after his father's veiled threat this morning about sacking Greta, it might be a good idea to keep his distance from Julie. But, when he'd left the cabin earlier, his parents were locked away in their bedroom doing Merlin knows what to each other.

"Hi, everyone," Nick said warmly.

"Nick!" Ethan jumped up. "My Mum and Dad are going to help me swim!"

"You'll probably show them a thing or two, Ethan," Nick said, smiling broadly at the younger boy. "He's really gotten quite good."

"Good to know," Harry patted Nick's shoulder.

"I really am sorry about what happened last night," Nick said sincerely.

"None of that was your fault," Hermione said. "You had no idea that was going to happen and we certainly don't blame you for it. Not for a minute."

"Thanks," Nick said gratefully. He'd been glad for the chance to sit and talk with them after being out walking with Julie.

"Is your father staying for very long?" Lavender couldn't resist asking.

Nick shrugged. "He and my Mum were already holed up in the bedroom when I left," he sat down next to Julie on the lounge.

Thinking her daughter might want to be alone with Nick, Hermione stood up. "Well, how about we get started on that swimming lesson, Ethan?"

"Right," Harry said. "Come on little man, let's get you in that water," he led his son and wife down to the lake's edge while Lavender put a pair of sunglasses on and settled back for a kip.

"I'm glad you came," Julie smiled at Nick when everyone had left.

"So am I," Nick said, grinning back at her. "I couldn't have stayed away if I tried."

His words made her blush a little bit. "So um... how was your night after you left our cabin? I hope your parents didn't give you too hard of a time."

"I crashed on my uncle's sofa," Nick admitted. "I just didn't want to face them after last night."

"I'm sorry," Julie apologised softly.

"Not your fault," Nick said, squeezing her hand. "But there is something I needed to talk to you about. When I came back to my parents' cabin this morning, my dad wasn't very happy with me to say the least."

"That doesn't sound out of the ordinary," Julie replied.

"No," Nick said with slight laugh. "That's normal for Dad. But, he did say that I wasn't to associate with you or your family anymore or he'd see to it that Greta was sacked."

"Oh no!" Julie gasped. "Nick that's horrible!"

Nick nodded. "I know, but I can't let them sack her, Julie. So, I was hoping that you'd understand if we weren't so public about our relationship." He watched her face for some clue as to how she was taking this. It was the last thing he wanted to do, but he really had no other choice.

"Are you saying you want to... break up?" Julie asked softly with a feeling of dread.

Nick shook his head. "No, that's the last thing I want, Jules. I just think we should keep things quiet. I still want to be with you and I want to get to know your family, but I won't be able to eat dinners with all of you and hang out at the lake. They're going to be watching me like a hawk."

"Oh..." Julie said. "Well... if that's what we have to do..."

"It won't be for long," Nick promised her. "Before too long, we'll be away from here and it won't matter."

"Away from here?" Julie asked. "You mean... you want to... stay together?"

Nick just realised what he'd just said and hoped he hadn't overstepped his boundaries again with her. "Well, yes," he said shyly. "I'd like that. Wouldn't you?"

Julie didn't reply for a moment. "Yeah," she finally answered. "I think I would." she smiled back at him.

"Great," he said, leaning in and kissing her softly. "How about we go for a swim, too?"

"Right now?" Julie asked. "Lake's a bit crowded..."

"Which is perfect," Nick said, getting to his feet and offering her his hand. "No one will be able to pick us out of the crowd. We'll blend in, Jules. Come on..."

"Okay," Julie took his hand and followed him down to the water.

Nick saw Harry and Hermione a little ways down the lake, playing in the water with Ethan.

"You and Ethan are really lucky," Nick said thoughtfully as he and Julie waded out into the lake.

"Yeah we are," Julie smiled at her family. "My parents have always been supportive of whatever Ethan or I wanted to do."

"Well, you couldn't say the same for my parents," Nick said. "It used to bother me when I was a kid about them not being around as much, but now..."

"Well now you know you have family and friends that care about you," Julie went under the water for a moment.

He smiled when she surfaced a few seconds later and wrapped her arms around his neck. "And I have you," Nick whispered.

"Yes you do," Julie grinned at him.

He took her hand and they swam out even further out. "I want to show you something," he said, smiling at her.

"What?" Julie asked.

"Note to self," Nick said, as he motioned for her to follow him. "Julie doesn't like to be surprised. Don't worry. I know for a fact you're going to love it."

"I like to be surprised!" Julie said. "I'm just curious!"

"You know what they said about curiosity, don't you?" he asked teasingly, leading her behind a group of weeping willow trees. "It killed the cat or something."

"It hasn't killed ME," Julie replied mischievously. "And I don't plan on letting it."

Nick laughed. "Okay. I found this the other night. And I thought you'd like it."

He led her behind some branches and she saw a little cove. "Well, what do you think?" he asked her hopefully.

"Wow," Julie looked around the tiny opening. "This is so nice and private!"

Nick nodded and helped her onto the clearing. "I don't think too many people know about it. It's perfect for us, don't you think?"

"Definitely," Julie smiled at him.

"I really am sorry for asking you to do this," Nick said, squeezing her hand. "I don't want to hide anymore than you do. If it weren't for Greta..."

"I understand Nick," Julie assured him. "I really do. And I don't know Greta, but if she raised you to be the way you are, then I'll help you any way I can to not get her sacked."

Nick leaned down and kissed her. "You're fantastic, do you know that?"

"So are you," Julie pulled him close again.

"So this could be like our own special place," he said, reaching behind her and pulling her hair out of its clip. "Just yours and mine."

"That sounds good to me," Julie enjoyed the way his fingers were running through her long hair. She pulled him down and kissed him again.

Nick wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her closer. He'd been so afraid that when he'd told her that they'd have to sneak around, that she'd have told him to get lost. But, she'd been completely understanding and supportive about it. He was falling for this girl and it both excited and terrified him at the same time.

Julie kissed him passionately, liking the way he was holding her close. She hadn't been this excited about a guy in awhile- she hadn't even felt this way about Ryan when they had been together.

In the distance, they could hear the sounds of laughter and talking from the other hotel guests, but both of them felt far removed from everyone and everything else going on around them.

"My parents want me to eat dinner with them in the restaurant tonight," Nick said, as he pulled away from her. "They want everyone to see what a great, happy family we are. I don't think we've ever eaten a meal together."

"I really wish you could just be with all of us," Julie toyed with his hair. "Everyone likes spending time with you. You're like the new baby of the family," she teased.

Nick laughed. "The new baby?"

"Well everyone wants to fawn over you," Julie replied. "And we all want to get to know you. That's how it is when someone in our group has a baby. Though it's been about a year since that happened last with R.J.".

"Was it like that for you with Ethan?" Nick asked her. "There's quite a bit of difference in your ages."

"Well Ethan was sort of a 'miracle baby'," Julie said. "I was thirteen when he was born."

"He wasn't exactly planned, eh?" Nick asked.

"Not really," Julie laughed. "And I was old enough to not be jealous when he was born. He actually was like my little baby. I took care of him whenever I could."

Nick nodded. "My mother didn't want to have any more children after me. Do you want to hear her reason? She didn't want to get fat. Can you believe that?"

"After meeting her, yes, I can." Julie replied.

"My dad wanted her to have more kids, though," Nick said, shaking his head. "Said that they should at least have two, but she put her foot down."

"Well your father DOES have two kids," Julie said.

"My mum and me, you mean?" Nick asked, laughing.

"Well maybe three then," Julie said. "Even though he's signed away all his rights to her, Chiaki's still his daughter."

Nick frowned. "Oh, Julie! I completely forgot! Have you spoken to her since this happened?"

"No," Julie shook her head. "I'm going to talk to her later today. Figured she might want to just be with her family this morning."

"Trust me, Jules," Nick said seriously. "She should stay as far away from him as she possibly can. I don't want to see her get hurt."

"I'll tell her that," Julie smiled at him.

"We should get back," Nick said reluctantly.

"In a minute," Julie pulled him close again.

He kissed her deeply, wondering how in the world he was going to hide from his parents how much he cared about this girl. Every time he looked at her or thought about her, it was written all over his face.

"Mmm..." Julie said a few minutes later. "Now we can get back..."

They swam out from behind the trees and Nick groaned as he saw his mother settling down on a lounge chair. His father was lording about the place, scowling of course in the direction of Harry, Hermione and Ethan.

"You should probably go out first," Nick whispered to Julie.

"What if they see me?" Julie whispered back. "And then see you come out after me?"

"I'll swim over this way," he said motioning to the left. "You go over and join your parents. It'll be okay."

"I'll go underwater. I can hold my breath for awhile." Julie chanced a quick kiss. "I'll see you later..."

Nick watched her go and then swam in the other direction.

From the other side of the lake, Hermione had also noticed the arrival of Draco and Ginny Malfoy. She smiled at Ethan who had done quite well with his lessons with Julie. Harry was now trying to get Ethan to go out further.

"But I won't be able to stand, Dad," Ethan said frowning.

"It'll help you learn how to tread water, little man." Harry replied. "And I'll be only a few feet away from you the whole time."

"You promise?" Ethan asked.

"I promise," Harry said seriously.

"We'll just go out a little bit further," Hermione said, taking Ethan's other hand. "You're really doing great, sweetheart."

"I am?" Ethan asked proudly. "Hey Julie!" he caught sight of his sister swimming towards him. "I'm going to start going in deeper water!"

"How in the world did you mange to get him to do that?" Julie asked her father. "I've been trying for days to get him to do that!"

Harry shrugged. "Guess he feels safer with all of us around?" he guessed.

"He keeps telling us what a great help his big sister has been," Hermione said proudly to her daughter.

"Well, if it isn't the happy Potty family," Draco Malfoy said, smirking down at them from the docks.

"Ignore him," Harry said to his wife and children.

"Come on, Ethan," Hermione said, pulling her son away.

"Granger," Draco said, looking down at her. "For a Mudblood, you sure do have a nice rack. Almost makes me see why Potter went for a guttersnipe like you."

Hermione froze. "I'd appreciate if you'd keep your disgusting comments to yourself in front of my children," she said coldly.

"Hermione? Why don't you and Julie take Ethan over there and I'll have a quick word with Mr. Malfoy?" Harry asked her.

"All right," Hermione pulled Ethan and Julie out of earshot.

"I can't imagine what you'd want to talk to me about, Potter," Malfoy said, as he watched Harry climb up onto the dock.

"I think you know," Harry said darkly. "You stay away from me and my family. I don't know why you're here but you stay away."

"I've never taken orders from you," Malfoy said smirking at him. "And I'm not about to start now. Just because you sleep with the Minister for Magic doesn't mean you call the shots, Potter."

"I'm not calling anything," Harry said angrily. "I'm warning you Malfoy. You pulled some pretty tricky dark magic in your time. I'd hate for that to be dredged up now that you're back in England, wouldn't you?"

"Ancient history, Potter," Draco sneered. "And you know as well as I do that my father was responsible for all of that. Not me." He looked over Harry's shoulder at Hermione, Julie and Ethan. "How old is your son, Potter?"

"Why should you care?" Harry asked snappishly.

"Tetchy, aren't we?" Draco said. "I was just asking to be polite. I could care less about you or your children or that Mudblood."

"Good," Harry glared at him. "Keep it that way. And stay away from us."

"You stay away from my son," Draco countered.

"Your son is old enough to make his own decisions," Harry returned. "And may I say how shocked we all are that someone that came from you and Ginny could be so polite and likeable? Getting him a nanny was probably the best decision either one of you ever made."

Draco scowled at him. What exactly had Nick told all these people? With one last menacing look at Harry, Draco turned away and walked back toward Ginny.

"Come back in the water, Dad!" Ethan called out to Harry.

Harry glared at Malfoy's retreating back before joining his family again. "All right little man," he forced a smile on his face after giving his wife a look that said he'd fill her in later. "Let's get you back out there."

Ginny pulled off her sunglasses as she saw Nick come over. "Nicholas! I didn't know you were here!"

Nick raised one eyebrow in reply as he reluctantly dragged over an empty lounge chair. He had to keep up the act that he wasn't seeing Julie and it was hard not to watch her out in the lake with her family.

"I'm really glad you're here," Ginny said warmly. "You should probably put on some sunscreen. You don't want to get burned."

"I'm fine," Nick said shortly.

"Nicholas," Draco said coolly, coming back over to join them. "What lies have you been feeding Potter and his family about me?"

Nick ignored him and turned to face the other way.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Nicholas!" Draco said angrily.

"Keep your voice down!" Ginny hissed at him. "We're trying to give off the impression that we are a happy, normal family. If you're arguing like this, it's not going to work!"

"I haven't told them anything that's not true," Nick replied coolly and calmly.

"Right," Draco said, leaning back in his chair. "You should have seen them out there, Gin. They think they're so much better than the rest of us."

"That's because they are," Nick muttered.

"What did you say, sweetheart?" Ginny asked, turning to face Nick.

Nick ignored her.

Ginny rolled her eyes as she saw Ron coming their way. The last thing she wanted or needed was a lecture from her brother. Ron, however, wasn't here to say hello to his sister, but to check on Nick.

"Oi! Nick!" Ron said grinning at his nephew.

"Hey Uncle Ron," Nick smiled back. "Where's the rest of the family?"

"They're coming along shortly," Ron replied. "I have great news! Maddie and R.J. are arriving tomorrow evening and I thought you'd like to meet your youngest cousins."

"That sounds great," Nick said honestly.

"How many children do you have, Weasel?" Draco asked.

Ron turned eyes on his sister's husband. "Six. Including my sister, how many do you have?" he smirked.

Nick stifled a laugh as his father just glared at Ron.

"You always did fancy yourself a comedian, didn't you?" Draco asked. "Don't you get tired of being the funny sidekick?"

"Those petty insults from Hogwarts don't work anymore Malfoy," Ron replied.

"Whatever, Weasley," Draco said dismissively. "I'm going for a swim."

Ginny watched as her husband walked away from them. "Why do you insist on being so horrid to him all the time?" she asked her brother.

Both Ron and Nick stared at her in disbelief. "Since when did you take the word of a ferret over the word of your own brother?" Ron asked.

"Ferret?" Nick asked in confusion.

"It's a terrible nickname your uncle gave to your father when they were in school," Ginny said, glaring at Ron.

"No it's not," Ron began to laugh.

"Yes, it is!" Ginny hissed.

"In our fourth year," Ron began, still laughing. "We had a professor who took quite a liking to Harry." he told his nephew about Malfoy's five minutes as a ferret.

Ginny scowled at Ron, as her son doubled over in laughter. "He should have been sacked on the spot for doing that to Draco."

"Yeah well, we found out later he wasn't who he said he was," Ron's face grew a bit dark momentarily.

"Who was he?" Nick asked, ignoring his mother who was positively seething.

"That's a bit of a long story," Ron replied.

"I'd like to hear it some day," Nick said.

"Sure," Ron agreed.

"I'm really looking forward to meeting Maddie and R.J.," Nick said sincerely.

"So am I," Ginny chimed in.

"You've not even spoken to any of your other nieces or nephews since we've arrived," Nick asked her in disbelief. He wondered what she was really playing at by trying to extend their "happy" family.

"Well maybe I want to now," Ginny said defensively.

"You really want to meet Maddie and R.J.?" Ron asked her.

"Sure," Ginny tossed her hair loftily. "Why not?"

"Okay then," Ron said, calling her bluff. "You want to meet them? You can come by our cabin tomorrow evening at eight. That's when Mum is bringing them by. You remember Mum, don't you Ginny?"

"Of course I do Ronald," Ginny said sharply.

"My grandmother is going to be here?" Nick asked.

"Yup," Ron nodded. "And she sure is excited to meet you Nick."

"I-I'm excited to meet her, as well," Nick said, smiling. "What about my grandfather? Will he be coming, too?"

Ron nodded. "He's looking forward to it as well. Although Mum can be a bit overbearing, she loves family," he glared at his sister as he said that.

"I can't wait," Nick said, hoping he'd get a chance to tell Julie about this as well.

"Nicholas, do you mind if I have a word with your uncle?" Ginny asked sweetly.

Nick looked at Ron who nodded. "Fine," he muttered.

Once her son was out of earshot, Ginny rounded on her brother. "You've got some nerve, Ronald Weasley! Bringing in Mum like this!"

"She's bringing Maddie and R.J.," Ron said coolly. "Like I told you."

"No matter what you may think of me, I never wanted to hurt her," Ginny retorted.

"I find that very difficult to believe," Ron said sarcastically.

"It's true!" Ginny said.

"Right," Ron turned to leave. "If you do come and you say anything to hurt her you'll be sorry for it."

"I wouldn't," Ginny said truthfully. "I won't."

"Better not," Ron said before leaving.

Ginny watched him go and wondered if she should tell Draco about this news. She knew that the last thing Draco would probably want to see is her parents. Over the years, he'd said some rather scathing comments about her entire family. She'd let some of them slide, but it still bothered her. No matter what had happened, they were her family. But, Draco was her family, too. So was Nicholas, even though at the moment, he didn't want to acknowledge that.

Nick rejoined her a few minutes later.

"I think it would be best if we didn't mention anything to your father about my parents coming to drop off your cousins," Ginny said, sitting back down on her chair.

"Figures," Nick said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ginny asked him.

"Nothing," Nick replied, not wanting to get into an argument with her.

"I just think it would be best if we didn't tell him," Ginny repeated. "He's never really gotten along with my family and I don't want to make things uncomfortable for my parents."

"Fine," Nick said, stretching out. "I'm taking a kip."

"Okay," Ginny said, leaning back on her lounge chair thinking she would take one as well. She hoped that her decision to keep this from her husband wouldn't come back to bite her in the arse.