Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Well, this is the last chapter of Hillsdale Nights. In this story we were able to develop some of our own original characters that we enjoyed writing as much as their parents. We can't thank those of you who have been loyal readers to our DD-Universe. We put in a lot of time and effort in these stories and it means a lot to us that you took the time to read and review. Make sure to read the authors' note at the end of the chapter!

The Book of Love - Peter Gabriel

The book of love has music in it
In fact that's where music comes from
Some of it is just transcendental
Some of it is just really dumb
But I
I love it when you sing to me
And you
You can sing me anything
The book of love is long and boring
And written very long ago
It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
And things we're all too young to know
But I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings

*** One Year Later***

Hermione slid into her new robes that she'd purchased especially for that day. "Harry!" she called. "Have you got Saffron dressed yet?"

From the nursery, Harry smiled down at his nearly five-month old daughter who was smiling happily up at him from the changing table.

"Not yet," he called back before turning back around and giving Saffron a goofy grin. "Daddy's just been looking at his little girl, hasn't he?"

Hermione shook her head as she came into the nursery. "Honestly Harry, you give Greta the morning off so you can get her ready and then you just stand there with her."

"Well look at her," Harry said as Saffron gurgled. "I know I'm biased but isn't she the most adorable baby in the world?"

Hermione laughed. "If you're biased then I am too," she went to the closet and pulled down the tiny set of robes.

"Molly outdid herself with those," Harry said as Hermione took over dressing Saffron.

"Dad!" Ethan said coming into the nursery. "Can you tell me why I have to be the bloody ring bearer? I'm eight years old. Can't they let R.J. do it? He's two."

"Because Ethan," Harry grinned at his son. "RJ can't walk on his own yet and you agreed to do this for Chiaki." He ruffled Ethan's hair. "Even though I know she's breaking your heart by marrying another man." he teased.

Ethan blushed. "I don't like Kiki, Dad. Not like that. Besides, she's way too old for me."

Harry laughed loudly. "Then how come your face gets red when she comes over still?"

"Harry that's enough," Hermione said. "Stop bothering him."

"Okay, okay," Harry said ruffling his son's hair. "I guess it's Maddie we have to worry about then."

"Dad!" Ethan said, mortified. "I'm not the one who went and said I was going to marry her! She said that about me! And I'm not going to marry her!"

"Famous last words," Harry said under his breath. When Ethan glared at him, Harry said quickly, "You're right, little man. You're way too young to be thinking about marriage."

"Aye," Hermione carried little Saffron over to them. "I agree." she smiled at her son.

"She looks cute, Mum," Ethan said making a goofy face at his sister. "When she's not crying her lungs out."

"She doesn't cry all the time," Harry took her. "Only when I'm not around."

"Right, Dad," Ethan said rolling his eyes.

"Come on," Hermione said. "Julie and Nick are coming by in a little while and then we're heading over so she can get dressed with Chiaki."

"I'm not being the ring bearer when its Julie's wedding, Mum," Ethan said adamantly. "No way."

"You'll probably be one of the groomsmen," Harry answered as he carried his baby daughter downstairs, Hermione and Ethan behind him.

"Mum?" Ethan asked. "Will Nick's parents come to his wedding?"

"I doubt it Ethan," Hermione answered. "I'm sure after what they tried to do here that they aren't about to show their faces again."

"Besides," Harry said with a smirk. "Draco doesn't want to remember that I saved his bloody life."

"But he's their son, right?" Ethan asked. "I mean if I was getting married--and I'm not saying that I am-but I'd want you and Dad there."

"Well that's because we love you," Harry answered. "It sounds horrible to say but Draco and Ginny Malfoy love no one but themselves and possibly each other. That's it."

"But they sort of helped you out," Ethan said confused. "I mean, for a little bit."

"Well yes," Harry said thoughtfully. "But they're still not good people. None of that would have happened if they'd just stayed in Australia."

"I didn't like them very much either," Ethan admitted. "But they are Nick's parents. I don't know what it would feel like to not be around you and Mum."

"Well you'll never have to know about that," Hermione put an arm around her son's shoulders. "You'll never have to worry about not being loved Ethan James."

"Thanks, Mum," Ethan said hugging her back. "Can I go and get some pumpkin juice if I promise I won't get any on my robes? Please?"

"Of course," Hermione said. "I think Greta made some biscuits earlier too."

Ethan grinned. "I'll be really careful." With that he dashed off toward the kitchen.

"Maybe he was a Weasley," Harry muttered. "He's always hungry."

"As if you should talk," Hermione scoffed. "Since Greta started working here, you're always hungry, too."

"What can I say?" Harry asked, bouncing Saffron gently in his arms. "She's a better cook than I am."

"She's definitely a better cook than I am," Hermione said with a laugh. "As much as I hate to admit it."

"Saffron's a better cook than you are," Harry teased.

"I think you're grumpy because we haven't had sex in how many weeks now?" Hermione asked.

"Whose fault is that?" Harry replied.

"We've been too knackered," Hermione answered. "We both have. Me getting back into the Ministry from being on leave and the fallout from what just happened with the Malfoys..."

"Right," Harry gave her a quick kiss. "Maybe we'll take a weekend away sometime soon."

Hermione looked adoringly at her baby girl. "I don't know I could stand being away from her for very long."

"Me either," Harry said. "Maybe just an overnight then."

"We'll see," Hermione said, not even sure she could bear that short amount of time away from Saffron.

The doorbell rang at that moment and Hermione went to answer it. "Hi sweetheart," she grinned at her daughter.

"Hi Mum," Julie said giving her a hug. "Where's my little sister?"

"She's there with your father," Hermione said. "Hello Nick, how are you?" she kissed his cheek.

"Good," Nick said smiling at her. "How about you?"

"Doing well," Hermione smiled at him.

Julie smiled when she saw her dad holding Saffron. "Dad! How cute is she? Those robes!"

"Molly made them," Harry passed his newborn pride and joy to his older one. "How are you love?" he gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"A little tired," Julie answered cuddling the baby. "Chiaki didn't want to do anything too wild before her wedding---can you believe it? So, we all just sat in her room watching movies and giving each other makeovers. Of course, two of the bridal party are not of age yet, so it kind of cut down on what we were able to do."

"Right," Harry laughed. "We'd best get you back over there with her. How was she this morning?"

"Calm," Julie said shaking her head. "I'd be so nervous, but she's completely calm."

"Your mum was calm," Harry said. "So you might just surprise yourself when your time actually comes." he picked up his daughter's left hand and looked at the large sparkling engagement ring on her finger.

"I'm still getting used to the idea of being engaged," Julie said softly.

"It's only been a few weeks," Harry smiled at her.

"I know," Julie said. "How about you and Mum? Have you managed to get any sleep with this one up at all hours?"

"Here and there," Harry replied. "Thank goodness for Greta. She's been fantastic with Ethan and my littlest one."

"She was fantastic with Nick, too," Julie said turning to look at her fiancé who was now laughing at something Hermione was saying. "And look how great he turned out."

"Aye," Harry replied. "He's still treating you decently right?"

"That he is, Dad," Julie said.

"Jules?" Nick said looking at his watch. "We should probably get you back to Chiaki's."

"Right," she said. "Where's Ethan? Chiaki can't wait to see him."

"Feeding his face," Hermione said taking the baby back from Julie. "Greta made some chocolate biscuits."

"Then Dad better go drag him out of there," Julie replied. "And you can have some later," she said to her fiancé who made a move towards the kitchen.

"Jules!" Nick protested, but Julie had a vice like grip on his arm. "Okay, okay."

Harry laughed. "That's right love. Train him well."

*** *** ***

"Your robes are absolutely gorgeous," Allison said admiring her sister's creamy white wedding robes that were still hanging in her closet. "I can't wait to see you in them, Chi."

"I haven't put them on since Lavender made me the one time," Chiaki said.

"They're gorgeous," Allison said admiringly. She bowed at Chiaki's feet. "And thank you yet again for deciding against orange for our dress robes. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Chiaki laughed. "You guys can still thank Maddie for that." she looked at the clock on the wall. "Where is Julie?"

"With Nick," Frankie said playing with her bouquet of flowers. "As always..."

"I can't believe he proposed," Chiaki said dreamily.

"I know," Allison said. "And it was so romantic, too."

"Right in front of that roomful of people," Chiaki sat down and began applying a bit of makeup.

"Chiaki?" Allison asked taking a seat beside her sister at the dressing table. "I was...well, I was wondering if I could ask you something."

"Sure," Chiaki said. "What's on your mind Allie?"

Allison looked away and tried to gather her thoughts. "I, um, well, it's just that... well, I ...I shouldn't be talking about this with you on your special day anyway. Just forget I said anything."

"No," Chiaki pulled on her sister's arm. "We have time to talk."

"Really?" Allison asked looking over her shoulder to make sure Frankie was preoccupied. "Well, you know how Josh and Jon just moved into their own flat, right?"

"Yes," Chiaki put on a bit of eyeliner.

"I overheard Dad telling Mum this morning that he thought it would be a good idea if I didn't go over to Jon's flat..."

Chiaki laughed. "Don't tell me you're going to listen to that."

"Of course I'm not," Allison said with a smile. "But I don't know how to get around it. I'm terrible at lying. You know that. And well Jon and I are...we're..." her voice broke off as her cheeks reddened.

"Boyfriend and girlfriend," Chiaki prompted. "You spent the whole year with him at Hogwarts Allie."

"We did, but lately, I've...well, I've wanted to do...more," Allison said her voice barely above a whisper.

"Maybe it's your time then," Chiaki replied. "There's not an age limit on sex," she said quietly, also making sure that Frankie wasn't listening in. "You do it when you're ready."

Allison nodded. "We've talked about it, of course and he's been really great. He's not forced me into doing anything I didn't want to, you know? And I'm just afraid of what would happen if Dad found out, Chi."

"He's not going to like anything you do with a guy," Chiaki reassured her. "Not until the day you're engaged."

"Maybe not even then," Allison joked.

"Probably not until you pop out a grandchild," Chiaki nudged her playfully.

"Maybe not even then," Allison said giggling.

Julie knocked on the door and smiled apologetically as she came inside. "Sorry, I'm late. I know."

"You were with Nick," all three Longbottoms said at once.

"And my parents and little brother and sister," Julie pointed out.

"But the reason you're late is because you were snuggling with Nick when you left my place at seven this morning," Chiaki teased.

"I can neither confirm nor deny your version of events, Chiaki," Julie said, sitting down beside Frankie. "And you're just jealous because you haven't seen Toshio in 24 hours."

"Guilty," Chiaki said. "Come on, help me into my robes."

The girls gathered around and helped Chiaki gingerly slip into her robes without making a mess of her hair or her makeup.

"Chiaki, you look really beautiful," Frankie said smiling up at her big sister.

"Thanks Frankie," Chiaki said. "All three of you look gorgeous too. I'm so glad you're my bridesmaids."

"We are too," Julie said tearing up as she looked at her best friend. "Chiaki, you're getting married!"

"So are you," Chiaki grinned and pulled Julie into a tight Molly Weasley-esque hug.

"Easy," Julie teased. "We don't want to mess up your robes."

"They're okay," Chiaki was a bit teary eyed as well. "I can't believe in an hour I'm going to be married to Toshio."

"He's pretty excited too," Julie said. "I saw him on my way inside. He told me to tell you that you'd better not leave him waiting at the altar."

"As if I could," Chiaki replied. "He's the best I could have ever asked for."

"And you've loved him since the day you met," Frankie said dreamily.

"You could say that," Chiaki replied just as dreamily.

There was another knock on the door and Cho came inside. She took one look at her daughter and she was rendered speechless.

"Well?" Chiaki asked nervously. "Do I look as good as you did on your wedding day Mum?"

Cho nodded. "You look gorgeous, Chiaki."

"Thanks," Chiaki said. "How's Dad?"

"Holding up," Cho replied wiping a tear from her cheek. "It's not everyday you give away your daughter, is it?"

"I suppose not, but you have two more to go through this with," Chiaki said, giving her mother a tight hug.

Cho smiled. "I wanted to give you something. I didn't have time to wrap them, but I thought you'd want them today." She reached into her bag and pulled out a small jewellery box. Gingerly, Cho opened the box and showed Chiaki a pair of pearl earrings. "There were your Grandma Chang's. Her mum gave them to her on her wedding day. I thought it might be nice if you wore them on yours."

"Oh..." Chiaki said softly. "Thank you Mum..." tears filled her eyes again.

"Mummy?" Frankie asked. "When I get married will I get to wear them, too?"

"Of course you will," Cho said. "I'll save them for all three of my girls."

Frankie smiled. "And don't forget in two more years, I get to date."

"Who could forget," Allison rolled her eyes. "You remind us every day and you even have a countdown on your calendar."

"I just don't want anyone to forget," Frankie said defensively.

"We won't," Chiaki said.

"Mum?" Allison asked. "I was just wondering if after the wedding reception and everything if maybe I could go over and stay with Lizzy. We haven't seen each other since school let out, you know and I think it would be really nice to..."

She hoped her mother didn't realise that she really planned on going over to Jon's after the wedding.

"I'm sure that would be fine," Cho replied.

"Really?" Allison asked in surprise. When she saw the bemused expression on her mother's face, she said in a much calmer voice, "Thanks Mum."

Cho thought there was something more to Allison's story but let it go for now. "We're going to be starting soon, and your father will be in here in a few minutes."

"Okay, Mum," Chiaki said beaming at her mother. Luna and Maddie came inside a few minutes later.

"I'm sorry we're late," Luna said. "But you never expect us on time, do you?"

"We had to fix my hair," Maddie explained. Her curls were done up on top of her head. "And then Dolly wanted to come but Daddy said no."

Chiaki smiled down at Maddie. "We'll be sure to save Dolly a big piece of wedding cake, okay?"

"Okay!" Maddie nodded eagerly. "Where's Ethan?"

"He's with Toshio and the groomsmen," Julie answered. "You look very pretty today, Miss Maddie."

"Thank you," Maddie turned around in a circle, her pink robes flaring around her. She held her basket of rose petals in her hand.

"Everyone's going to be looking at how cute and adorable you are that I bet they don't even notice me," Chiaki said, smiling at her.

"Somehow I doubt that," Julie said dryly. "You're a gorgeous bride."

"You sure are," Luna agreed. "I was going to ask if there was anything I could do to help, but you look to be all set."

"I think we are," Chiaki said. "Now that it's so close I'm starting to get nervous."

"You're going to be fine," Cho said, squeezing her hand. "Your father and I are so proud of you, Chiaki."

"Thanks Mum," Chiaki said. "Is there anything to drink around here?"

"I'll go see if I can find you something," Allison offered. "What's your preference?"

"Water's fine," Chiaki said. "Thanks Allie."

Allison nodded and walked out into the hallway. She had no idea where she was going, but she hoped she'd find a kitchenette or something where she might be able to grab Chiaki some water. She turned the corner and gasped as someone put a hand over her mouth and pulled her into another room.

"Hey!" she finally worked herself free.

Jon grinned as she turned around to face him. "I was supposed to be waiting for my mum but when I saw you come out, I couldn't help myself..."

"Jon!" Allison hit his chest. "You really scared me!"

"Ow, Al!" Jon said pretending to be hurt. "Come on, Al. I was only joking..."

"I know," Allison said. "By the way... looks like we're on for tonight. Told my mum I was going to Lizzy's."

"Really?" Jon asked. He hugged her. "Are you sure about...you know, we don't have to do anything. You can just stay over."

"I know," Allison said. "But let's just see how it goes. I'm more looking forward to just sleeping together. I like waking up next to you." she grinned at him.

"We were getting really good at sneaking you in and out of my room, weren't we?" Jon asked before kissing her.

"Yes," Allison kissed him back. "I can't believe you're not going to be there at school this year. You're going to find some older girl that's out of school and go off with her aren't you?" she was only half teasing.

He touched her cheek. "I don't want any other girl, Al. Just you. And besides, we can always try sneaking you in and out of Hogwarts."

Allison laughed. "Past Dumbledore? Not likely." she kissed him again. "But when we get back I'll owl you the Hogsmeade schedule. And I'll see you over Christmas holiday."

"Don't you go falling for some hunky Ravenclaw either," Jon teased.

"Oh please," Allison said. "With that picture of us on my bedside table?"

"That's my girl," Jon said softly before leaning in and kissing her again. "You look really amazing today, Allie."

"Thanks," Allison smiled. "You don't look so bad yourself."

Jon grinned. "Had to look nice for my girlfriend, didn't I?"

"You always look good to me though," Allison said as he pulled her even closer.

Jon nuzzled her neck. "I can't wait to be alone with you tonight," he whispered in her ear.

"Me either," Allison said softly. "I'd better go right now though; I promised Chi I'd get her some water."

"Okay," Jon said chancing one more kiss. "I'll walk you back."

"Are you sure that's wise?" Allison teased. "We might not make it there until the wedding is over."

"You're probably right," Jon said, taking her hand. "But I'm willing to risk it."

Allison laughed as they found a small kitchen and she got her sister a glass of water.

Jon kissed her once more when they reached the room where Chiaki was getting ready. When Allison walked back inside, everyone stared at her. She also noticed that her father was now in the room.

"Where'd you go, Allie?" Frankie asked. "How long did it take to get water?"

"I couldn't find the kitchen," Allison said, which was partly true.

Chiaki took the glass from her sister. "Thanks, Allison. I appreciate it."

"You look a bit flushed," Neville said. "Are you okay, Allie?"

"I'm fine," Allison replied. "It's just warm in this place is all."

Neville smiled at her. "I agree with you there. It is rather hot in here."

Allison sat down and caught Chiaki's eye and shook her head just a little.

Frankie was practising her walk down the aisle and she nearly stepped on Neville's foot. "Sorry, Dad."

"It's all right love," he replied. "They're just seating everyone so there's only a few minutes left to wait. Nick's sitting with your parents," he told Julie. "Saffron seems to have taken a liking to him."

"All the girls love Nick," Chiaki teased.

"Very funny," Julie replied with a grin. "May I add that Toshio is the ladies man of your company and you're the jealous target of all the other girls?"

"Yes, yes," Chiaki said with a laugh. Frankie was still practising her walk. "Frankie, you're starting to make me dizzy."

"Sorry Chi," Frankie sat down next to her father. "I think maybe I'm more nervous then you are."

"Then we should sing," Maddie nodded.

"Sing?" Julie asked sitting down beside Maddie.

"Yes," Maddie said. "Probably a Weird Sisters song. Those are the only ones I know."

"I am not singing a Weird Sisters song," Frankie scoffed. "They are so five minutes ago."

"You were dancing to one of their songs on the wireless the other night," Allison pointed out.

Maddie swung her feet back and forth. "I want to see Ethan," she said.

Julie smiled. "You sure do fancy my little brother, don't you?"

"He's very dreamy," Maddie nodded, looking at Frankie. "That's what she said about him too." she grinned mischievously.

"I DID NOT!" Frankie exclaimed. "Madeline Weasley, he's five years younger than me!"

"Age is nothing but a number," Maddie recited.

"Where did you hear something like that?" Julie asked trying not to laugh.

"At Hillsdale that one night at dinner. Frankie said it to Chiaki." Maddie said, playing with her basket of petals.

"You remember everything," Frankie said.

Maddie nodded. "It's all up here!" she chanted, making Neville laugh.

"I never said that about Ethan," Frankie said looking at Julie. "Really. I might have said that once he grows up, he'll be really cute, but that was it, Julie. Really."

"I'm sure he will be," Julie thought of her brother.

"He's cute now," Maddie said smiling shyly at Julie.

Julie laughed. "Well if that's the case Maddie, I expect to see you out there on the dance floor tonight." she pinched the little girl's cheek lightly. "He won't be able to resist you today, you look so pretty."

"You think so?" Maddie asked hopefully.

"Definitely," Julie said.

Chiaki walked over to Neville. "So, are you ready, Dad? You're finally going to be rid of me..."

"We'll never be rid of you," Neville teased. "I think you'll be back once in awhile.

The girls all filed out ahead of the bride and her father, meeting the groomsmen in the hall just outside the chapel. One of them, Ken Williams, whistled at her. "Hey Chi, it's not too late to leave Tosh at the altar and run away with me!"

"Very funny," Chiaki said but she was grinning. "Nothing could tempt me away from that man in there!"

Neville smiled at his daughter. Memories flooded through his mind---the first time he'd held her in his arms at St. Mungos; the day he and Cho brought her home from the hospital; how he'd taught her how to ride a bicycle; how she'd come into their room at Hillsdale after meeting Draco Malfoy for the first time.

"I guess I should ask if you're ready," Chiaki smiled at her father.

"I thought I was," Neville admitted. "My little girl...I'm not so sure I can let you go."

Chiaki kissed his cheek before arranging her veil over her face. "I promise to come visit all the time."

"You'd better," Neville said smiling at her.

Chiaki waited patiently, clutching her bouquet as one of the groomsmen arrived with Ethan. "You look great," she smiled at Julie's little brother, who was tugging at his sleeve while holding the ring pillow under his arm.

Ethan blushed. "You look really pretty, Kiki."

"Thank you," Chiaki said.

"You look very handsome too Ethan," Maddie said, coming to stand next to him in front of Chiaki and Neville.

"We have to walk down the aisle together?" Ethan asked over his shoulder. "They didn't tell me that!"

"Ethan you know that," Julie turned around. "Relax will you?"

"Okay," Ethan said grumpily. He forced a smile on his face. He didn't want to ruin things on Kiki's big day.

Maddie hooked her arm into his. "We make a good looking couple," she said earnestly.

Ethan opened his mouth to say something, but Julie stepped forward. "Be nice, Ethan. I mean it," she hissed into his ear.

"Fine," he pouted as the beginning of the music started to swell through the doors. He looked at Maddie who gave him a charming grin.

"Let's get this over with," Ethan said as the doors opened. Frankie started walking and the crowd turned to look at her. She was busy looking at her feet to make sure she didn't trip.

"One, two, one, two..." she whispered, her arm tucked inside one of the groomsmen's.

Allison smiled over her shoulder at Chiaki before she and Toshio's brother started down the aisle. She caught sight of Jon and winked at him.

Julie was after that and she caught Nick's eye and twisted her hand to flash her ring at him. She smiled at Toshio who was fidgeting nervously at the altar.

Harry looked at Cho who was already crying her eyes out. "She's not even made it down the aisle yet, Cho."

"Let's just see how well you hold up when it's Julie walking down the aisle," Cho retorted.

"I'll be fine," Harry replied smugly.

"Sure you will," Cho sniffed.

"He will be crying," Hermione whispered while trying to keep Saffron quiet. "And I'll have to sit and try to comfort him."

"You comfort me?" Harry whispered back. "You're going to be just like Cho, Hermione."

"Shh," Hermione said. "Look at Ethan and Maddie!"

Maddie was practically beaming as she tossed her rose petals down the aisle runner. As she saw her father looking at her, she grinned. "HI DADDY!"

"Hi sweetheart," Ron said, holding a finger to his lips as everyone laughed. "You look gorgeous," he whispered.

She nodded and went back to tossing her petals before coming to stand just beside Frankie and Ethan took his place beside a groomsman.

The music swelled again as Chiaki and Neville stepped forward. Cho grinned with pride through her tears as her husband and daughter came slowly down the aisle.

Neville looked sideways at his daughter and he'd never seen her look more radiant than she did at this moment. If he'd had any doubts about her and Toshio, they were washed away as he saw the look of love in his daughter's eyes as she focused her attention on Toshio.

Cho wiped at her eyes as everyone came to a place at the altar. Beside her, she saw Harry reach up towards his face. "You're crying too Harry James Potter," she hissed.

"I'm not," Harry whispered. "I was just getting my fringe out of my eyes...that's all."

"Right," Cho said sarcastically as the service began.

The service itself went by quickly. Chiaki barely heard the words the vicar said. Toshio was holding on to her hands and smiling adoringly at her.

When their vows came, he slipped her wedding band on and they almost started kissing before the minister pronounced them husband and wife.

"Our baby's married," Cho whispered to Neville. "Can you believe it?"

"No," Neville replied, holding onto his wife's hand. "And we have to do this two more bloody times."

"We'll be old pros by then," Cho said with a grin.

"I hope so," Neville said, clapping as his daughter and her new husband raced down the aisle.

Once they were outside, Chiaki launched herself at Toshio. "You're stuck with me now."

Toshio spun her around before giving her a kiss. "And you're stuck with me too," he said softly.

"Ethan, we should be next," Maddie said as they exited the chapel.

"Next to do what?" Ethan asked innocently.

Maddie shook her head. "To get married of course!"

"MARRIED?" Ethan asked her. "Maddie..."

"We should," Maddie said. "And we have Dolly who can be our baby!"

Julie stifled her laughter, clapping a hand over her mouth.

"Maddie," Ethan said trying to be nice and not make a scene. "We're too young to get married."

"Age is nothing but a number," Maddie echoed her words from earlier.

"Mad Dog, give it about ten years okay?" Josh was exiting the chapel with Lizzy on his arm.

"We can just be boyfriend and girlfriend then," Maddie said simply. "And we can go out on dates and the park and stuff."

"No way," Ethan shook her head. "Girls are way too much trouble."

"You've got that right," Josh agreed. Lizzy elbowed him in the ribs.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked. "I'm trouble?"

"I meant that in the best possible way of course," Josh said quickly.

"You'd better," Lizzy replied. "Or you won't get anything from me later." she added in his ear.

"I think I'll just keep quiet the rest of the day then," Josh teased.

"Better," Lizzy kissed his cheek.

"Hey, Allie!" Lizzy called out to her friend. "You did so great!"

"Thanks," Allison grinned as she joined them. "I was so nervous up there!"

"You couldn't tell," Josh reassured her. "Frankie looked absolutely petrified though. She kept looking at her feet."

"I know she was afraid she would trip," Allison laughed.

"Where's your other half?" Lizzy asked with a grin. "He kept his eyes on you the entire time you know."

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere," Allison looked around the hallway.

"Right here," Jon said coming up behind them. "Mum needed help with R.J."

"Hey," Allison looped her arms around his neck. "How did I look up there?"

"Gorgeous," Jon answered leaning in for a kiss.

"Watch it, Romeo," Nick said tapping his cousin on the shoulder. "Her parentals are coming this way."

"Right," Jon dropped his hands meekly. "Thanks for the warning."

"Least I can do," Nick said with a grin.

"Speaking of parentals where are your future in laws?" Josh asked. "I saw the rock you put on Julie's finger."

"They are with your mum and dad," Nick answered. "Saffron was getting a bit fussy."

"Is she okay?" Allison asked. "She's so cute."

"I think all the excitement wore her out," Nick said. "She is pretty cute, isn't she? And if you want to talk about cute, how about Maddie and Ethan? She's got it bad."

"She does," Allison cracked up. "You should have heard her before we came into the chapel. She swears she's going to marry Ethan and he can't stand a word of it."

"Allie?" Neville asked coming forward. "There you are, sweetheart. We were wondering where you ran off to. They need you for pictures."

"Okay Dad," Allison said.

"They're over in the courtyard," Neville said.

Jon watched Allison walk away and he wished he could go with her.

Luckily, Neville turned his attention to Nick. "So have you and Julie set a date yet?"

"Not yet," Nick replied. "We're thinking early fall of next year though."

"Gives her plenty of time to plan," Neville said chuckling. "Chiaki and Cho practically turned our sitting room into wedding central for the entire engagement."

"I'm sure Jules and Hermione will do the same. They're already on the search for a dress."

"Are you okay with all of that?" Lizzy asked pulling Josh off to the side. She and Josh had been together for over a year and she wasn't insecure about their relationship.

"Yes," Josh squeezed her hand. "It was a silly crush that's all. I've got the girl I want now." he smiled at her.

"Good answer," Lizzy said pecking his cheek.

"Do you think Neville found out that Allie's coming over to our place?" Jon asked his twin quietly. "He keeps giving me looks."

"You're still breathing aren't you?" Josh asked him. "If he knew, you'd be dust, Jon and you know it."

"Right," Jon said nervously. Sometimes he was sure that Neville Longbottom liked him but other times he thought that he wanted to take his head off.

"Congratulations you two on your graduation," Neville said coming over to the twins. "Ron and Luna are quite proud, I'm sure."

"Thanks," Jon stuck his hand out to his girlfriend's father. "We're just working on finding jobs now."

"What is it that you want to do?" Neville asked. "Allie mentioned something about you wanting to teach flying?"

"That's a possibility I'm looking into," Jon replied. "Right now I'm just working in my uncle's shop to make some extra money. My parents bought us the flat but Josh and I still have to pay rent on it."

"I know Allie's glad to have you back in London," Neville said.

"Yeah," Jon smiled. "We get to see each other more often."

Neville nodded. He wasn't all that happy about that, but as Cho kept pointing out they should trust their daughter and her judgment. It was good in theory, but Neville was finding it hard to practise.

"It was a really lovely ceremony, Mr. Longbottom," Lizzy said with a smile. "Chiaki made such a beautiful bride."

"Yes she did," Neville relaxed at the change of topic. "She's been looking forward to this day for a long time."

Ron and Luna made their way over to them. Josh took R.J. from his grateful mother.

"Joshie!" R.J. said putting his arms around his brother's neck. "I'm hot."

"Are you?" Josh asked. "Maybe we should take off your robes."

Lizzy helped Josh take off the little boy's robes and a grateful R.J. relaxed against Josh's chest.

"That better?" Josh asked his littlest brother.

R.J. nodded up at him.

"You're really good with him," Lizzy said smiling at her boyfriend.

"I try," Josh laughed.

"So Aunt Luna," Nick said putting an arm around her. "How does it feel to have only four children to look after now?"

"Life is much easier Nick," Luna smiled at him. "Although between you and me, your uncle is somewhat like a kid himself. So I still have five at home."

"I heard that!" Ron retorted.

Luna laughed. "I meant for you to hear that."

Ron shook his head. "Hey, Nev? When do we get to eat?"

"Well gee Ron," Neville began. "We only have enough food to feed all of Hogwarts. So maybe you should stop and get yourself four pizzas along the way to the reception."

"There's an idea," Ron said only half-joking. "I wonder who had the idea that you should only eat after a ceremony. You know what I think they should do? They should have the ceremony in a restaurant so people can eat whilst the wedding is going on. It's a brilliant idea, don't you think?"

Luna rolled her eyes. "You tried that one on me when we were planning our wedding? You remember how fast I vetoed that one, don't you?"

"Remember that time we had that little party at Cho's school when she first opened it?" Harry asked as he joined them. "Ron ate three pizzas on his own?"

Nick's eyes grew large. Ron shook his head. "Don't believe him, Nicholas. The Boy Who Lived here has a way of blowing things way out of proportion."

"I'm not lying." Harry replied, smirking at Ron. "Ask my wife, or Cho, or Luna, or Seamus--"

"Okay, okay," Ron grumbled. "I still think that it was more like two pizzas really. Because I think Luna may have grabbed a slice or two from that third one."

"I think that was all you dear," Luna's eyes twinkled at her husband.

"So what sort of food are we having at the reception?" Ron asked Neville. "Just out of curiosity, of course. R.J. wanted to know."

"Dad," Jon interjected. "R.J.'s asleep."

"Well he asked me before and when he wakes up I can tell him," Ron shot back.

"Okay," Jon said with a laugh. "Whatever you say, Dad."

"We're having just about anything you could think of," Neville replied. "Even that horrible bean curd that Chiaki loves."

"Bean curd?" Ron said wrinkling up his nose. "I think you may have found the one food I refuse to eat."

"You mean there's actually a food you don't like?" Josh and Jon asked, wide eyed.

"Yes," Ron said. "Two actually. Bean curd and that awful raw fish rubbish that Lavender fancies so much."

"Ugh," Seamus had joined them. "Neville you're not serving sushi at this reception are you? I hope you won't be offended if I have to duck out."

"We are serving fish, but I assure you that it has been cooked," Neville said shaking his friend's hand. "Where's Mrs. Finnigan?"

"She's off squealing over Chiaki in the robes and making sure the photographer takes some extra shots so she can put them on display," Seamus looked proudly over at his wife.

"She really did a fantastic job," Neville said. "Chiaki looked like an angel today, Seamus."

"That she did," Seamus nodded. "Just gorgeous."

"How long are you staying in London, Mr. Finnigan?" Josh asked. "We saw your latest film by the way. It was fantastic. Especially that explosion in the last scene."

"Wasn't that great?" Seamus grinned. "What did you think of Summer Rayne?"

Josh didn't want to say what he really thought as Lizzy was standing beside him. "Um, she was really good."

"Good," Seamus said, grinning. "And I'll be staying through the week. Lav still keeps her flat here so we don't have to impose on anyone."

"I still wish you guys would stay with us," Harry said. "We have more than enough room."

"Maybe we will," Seamus replied. "We'd like to take you both out for dinner before we leave."

"Double date for old time's sake?" Harry asked with a grin.

"Right," Seamus laughed. "Sounds good to me."

"How many pictures are they going to bloody take?" Ron asked looking over where Chiaki and Toshio were now posing with their attendants.

"She's also going to want one with her two godfathers, too," Neville pointed out.

"Really?" Ron asked, pleased.

"We should probably make our way over there," Harry suggested. "Come on, Weasley."

"Right on mate," Ron said as he and Harry went to their goddaughter who greeted them each with a tight hug.

"I was wondering when the two of you would come over here," Chiaki teased.

"Well your Uncle Ron got caught up in talking about food," Harry grinned.

"Imagine that," Chiaki said with a smile. "To tell you the truth, I'm as hungry as he is. I haven't eaten anything today."

"Well we'll fix that soon," Ron put an arm around her. "I'm proud of you Chiaki. You're a beautiful bride."

"You're going to start me crying again," Chiaki said.

"Don't you dare," Harry put his arm around her other shoulder. "At least smile for the camera first." he teased gently.

"I can do that," Chiaki said grinning broadly as the photographer snapped away.

Ron's stomach growled loudly. "Okay, now I'm really ready to eat. Where's the closest pizza place?"

*** *** ***

The wedding reception was held in a large banquet hall near Cho's dance studio. The party was in full swing by the time the happy couple arrived. Everyone was either eating dinner or dancing. Hermione was debating calling it an early evening. Greta had taken both R.J. and Saffron back to the Potters.

"Are you sure she's okay?" Hermione asked Harry for the twentieth time.

"I'm sure she's fine," Harry tightened his grip around his wife's waist. "Maybe she's starting to get her teeth and that's why she's so cranky lately."

"You're probably right," Hermione said. "I just hate being away from her."

"I do too," Harry replied. "But it's only for a few hours."

"True," Hermione said. "Hey, do you know what could take my mind off of it? If my husband asked me to dance..."

"All right then," Harry said. "Will this beautiful young Minister for Magic agree to dance with a lowly Auror?"

Hermione pretended to think. She laughed at the look on his face. "You forgot handsome, love. You're a lowly, handsome Auror."

"Right," Harry gave her one of his irresistible grins.

"I'd love to," Hermione said taking his hand.

"Shall we cut up the floor?" Harry asked. "Or should we keep things tame for now?"

"Probably should keep things tame for now," Hermione said.

"For now," Harry said, kissing under her ear. "I fully expect to see you in less clothing later tonight Mrs. Potter."

"I think that can be arranged," Hermione purred. "It's been way too long, Harry."

"You're telling me," Harry replied, putting on an injured face. "Making me wank in the loo before work-"

"Harry!" Hermione said, looking around to make sure no one had heard what he said.

"I was quiet," he grinned.

"It's not been easy for me either," she admitted.

"Well we'll take care of that tonight then," Harry gave her a gentle kiss.

"Hopefully Saffron will cooperate," Hermione said.

"I'll ask Greta to watch after her tonight," Harry said, twirling her around.

Hermione giggled. She still couldn't believe that over twenty years ago, she and Harry had danced like this on their wedding day. In less than a year, they'd be at Julie's wedding.

The future bride to be was on the other side of the room, dancing with her fiancé. "What a great night," she said, her head resting on Nick's chest.

"It is," Nick said softly. "It'll be our turn soon, you know."

"I can't wait," Julie smiled up at him.

"I didn't want to tell you this, but the morning our engagement announcement appeared in the papers," Nick began. "I received a letter from my dear old parents."

"What did they want?" Julie asked, her eyebrow raised in a sardonic fashion.

Nick looked thoughtfully at her. "Well, keep in mind I'm paraphrasing here, but it was basically them telling me that I had one last chance to come back to them...that I would be ruining the Malfoy name if I married a Potter...blah, blah, blah..."

Julie rolled her eyes. "Will they ever leave you alone?" she asked.

"I think this time they will," Nick said with a smile. "My parents aren't very fond of rejection as you well know."

"Obviously," Julie replied, leaning her head against his chest again. "Well at least your grandparents are both in Azkaban and my mum's making sure they won't get out this time."

"Right," Nick said holding her close. "And all is right with the world."

Julie smiled up at him. "That it is," she said. "And all will be better if you promise to wear the leather trousers for me later."

"I think you just may be obsessed with those," he said with a laugh.

"I'm obsessed with the man in them," Julie whispered in his ear.

"So the leather trousers would be a perk?" he asked her.

"Mmhmm..." Julie said. "A very valuable perk. Just like when you lean over in the mornings and sing something in my ear to wake me up. I love that."

"That has to be one of the reasons you agreed to marry me," Nick whispered.

"One of them," Julie replied. "But mainly because I love you." she grinned at him.

"That's a damn fine reason," Nick said grinning down at her. "And since we're talking about the wedding, I was thinking of asking my uncle to be my best man. What do you think?"

"I'm sure he would love that," she replied. "Chiaki's my maid of honour. Well... she'll have to be matron of honour actually."

"She looks really happy," Nick said looking over to where his half-sister sat with her new husband.

"Aye," Julie looked over as well. "She told me a few years ago that she knew she was going to marry him someday."

"I have a feeling you didn't say the same thing about me when we first met," Nick said. "You hated my guts if I remember correctly."

"I didn't hate you," Julie said. "I didn't like you that first day but I was incredibly attracted to you."

"I knew it!" Nick said smugly. "You were just in denial!"

"But I've never denied that I thought you were attractive. And may I remind you that you bloody used a pickup line on me?" Julie said, laughing.

Nick groaned. "A terrible one at that. I cringe at the memory of it."

"What was it?" Julie tipped her head to the side. "I walked out of your dreams and into that club?" she laughed harder at his expression. "What on earth made you use a pickup line?"

"I didn't know what else to say!" Nick said defensively. "At least it wasn't as lame as 'If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together'. One of my band mates actually used that once."

"I guess I am glad you didn't use that one." Julie replied. "But at least things worked out in our favour."

"Eventually, right?" Nick asked her. "We went through an awful lot to get here, Jules."

"Yes we did," Julie agreed. "But now it's been almost a year that we've been together. And we're engaged to be married next year. I can't ask for much more than that."

"Me either," Nick whispered pulling her close.

Julie leaned in and kissed him softly.

"Love you," Nick said when they pulled apart.

"Love you too," Julie said, smiling at him. "More than anything."

"I could hear you say that for the rest of our lives and be a very happy man," Nick said kissing her again.

"Okay then," Julie replied, her lips still on his. "I'll say it every morning, afternoon and evening."

Nick smiled and spun her around.

"Come back here, Ethan!" Maddie said as she brushed past them chasing after Ethan.

"Maybe we should tell Maddie your little pickup line and see how well it works for her," Julie joked.

Nick laughed. "You Potters are certainly irresistible."

"And you Weasleys sure are persistent," Julie shot back with a smile.

"That we are," Nick pulled her close again. "I'm glad I was persistent with you."

"So am I," Julie said. She looked over Nick's shoulder and saw her parents dancing. Her mother was laughing at something her dad was saying. For such a long time, she'd wanted to find a love like theirs. She'd thought it was impossible. That had all changed last summer when she'd met Nick Malfoy.

A/N: Well you've all been so wonderfully patient about waiting for our surprise- although it may not truly BE a surprise ;)

We both can't get enough of this universe and the characters we've created for it- so we started a fic that was basically just little bits of things thrown together. Once again it's taken a life of it's own- but this time it's not all stuck to one time period. This spans the time right before Chiaki and Toshio's wedding to 20-30 years later when Ethan, Maddie, RJ are older and there are grandkids in the equation ;)

This story, entitled Last Dance, is mostly sequential but there may be times later that it doesn't run that way. We will fill you in when that happens. It also will not be posted until both of us get back from our vacation in a couple of weeks so this will have to tide you over until then.

Thanks for being such FANTASTIC and loyal readers and we'll see you guys then!