Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Lost. Love Found. by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Lost. Love Found.

Harrys Mistress

Hey readers! I'm back for one more round! I almost decided not to write another one, considering how it ended. That epilogue was like a very bad fanfic, wasn't it? Yes, I'm happy that Harry didn't die and if he's happy with Ginny, then who am I to argue, but I just wish she gave us more than that. It was like she decided to write it at the last minute. There was some good parts, like Harry talking to Albus Severus, that was touching, but other than that, I was kind of disappointed!

So here I am, but I'm going to warn you it's going to be sad, the beginning especially. I like to make my fanfics as realistic to the books as I can, as bad as the epilogue was, it still happened. So, I'm writing this story the only way I know how. I hope you stick with it and this first part it's just the prologue so tell me what you think and if you want to read more.

Lost Love. Love Found.

Prologue

It was just another ordinary day for Harry Potter when he woke up one morning in the middle of May. Happily unaware that his life would drastically change by the end of the day, he leaned over to kiss his sleeping wife before crawling out of bed.

Harry took a long hot shower, preparing himself for the day he and his wife would spend it with their friends, Ron and Hermione. It was Muggle Day. A tradition they started years ago, spending the day as Muggles while they explored London. They would shop, have lunch, maybe even catch a movie. Ron loved to go to the movies, he was impressed that Muggles could actually make things look so real.

When he was dressed, he stepped back into the bedroom, shaking his head when he saw Ginny was still out like a light. She was never a morning person and with all their kids at school, even Lily who was experiencing her first year, she took advantage of sleeping in while the house was quiet.

"Enjoy it while you can, Gin," he said with a chuckle. "The little monsters will be back in a few weeks."

He slipped out quietly and trotted down the steps into the kitchen and immediately put the coffee on. If anything could wake up his wife, it was the smell of coffee brewing. Sure enough, moments later, he heard her puttering around upstairs, then the sound of the shower running. "She's so predictable," he told his Barn Owl, Jax, who was perched on one of the kitchen chairs. "Oh, hey…you got something for me?" he asked when noticed a note tied to his leg. He walked over to him, untied the note, gave Jax a quick scratch before he flew out the open window. He opened the parchment and smiled when he noticed Hermione's neat handwriting that still hadn't changed after all these years.

Just meet us at our place at ten. Teddy's baby-sitting Nora and you know how he

can be late.

~Hermione

Harry smiled at the mention of the newest addition to the Weasley Family. Nora had been a surprise, considering Ron and Hermione thought they were done with two kids. Nora, however, had other plans and came into the world almost a year ago. Harry adored her and like any good Uncle, spoiled her rotten.

He set the note aside and then walked back to the kitchen to whip up a quick breakfast and making sure that a fresh cup of coffee was ready for Ginny. She was quite grouchy without it.

XXX

Right at ten, Harry and Ginny walked into the Weasley's house, feeling right at home. "Hello?" Harry called out. "Knock, Knock.

"Back in the kitchen," Hermione's voice called out followed by a toddler's squeal of delight.

"Great, she heard Harry," Ron's muffled voice said through the kitchen door as they approached it. "Which means I'm second fiddle."

Harry swung open the door and then laughed when Nora ran up to him with her little unsteady legs. "Hey there, munchkin!" Harry plucked her up from the floor, then tossed her in the air while Nora's mum was trying hard not to freak.

"Harry, must you do that?" Hermione asked placing a hand over her heart.

"Why? She likes it," he said with a grin. "Don't you munchkin?" he asked before rubbing his two day stubble over her cheek, making her giggle with delight.

"Humiliating," Ron muttered. "My own daughter, completely ignores me when you're in the picture."

"Oh you know Nora loves you," Hermione said with a roll of her eyes. "Didn't she say 'Dada' for the first time this morning?"

Ron grinned. "That's true."

"I'm more like her first crush," Harry said while he now had her hanging upside down swinging her back and forth while she let out 'whoos'. "Where's Teddy?"

The sound of the front door open and closed. "Hello?! Sorry I'm late! I'm here!"

Harry grinned. "Right on cue."

XXX

"Are you almost done, Hermione?" Ron asked urgently while he fidgeted.

Hermione continued to calmly skim through her book. "Ron, we've only been here for ten minutes."

"But we've been on our feet for two hours," Ron exclaimed breathlessly collapsing against the book stack. "And I'm hungry."

"Just a bit longer," she said patting him on the head like she would a toddler. "I really want to find a good book to read."

"Hermione, I know you love books, I find the trait rather adorable, but you know your husband can't go long without fuel!"

"Are you complaining already, Ron?" Harry asked as he appeared with Ginny right behind him. "We haven't been in the book story that long."

"Oh stuff it, I'm hungry," he pouted.

"As much as I hate to agree with my brother…" Ginny winced putting a hand on her flat stomach. "I am a little hungry."

"You Weasley's are hopeless," Harry laughed. "All right why don't you two go on ahead, I'll stay behind with Mione. I think I'm going to get the next book in that series she got me hooked on."

"Great plan," Ron beamed. "We'll take a cab."

"Ron, it's not that far," Harry pointed out. "Just walk."

"I don't think my stomach can hold out much longer. Cab's faster." He leaned down and kissed his wife's cheek who still involved in her book. "See you there, love. Let's go, Gin."

Ron dragged her away before she barely made contact with Harry's lips. She giggled as she waved goodbye before disappearing around the corner.

Harry came up behind Hermione, rubbing her shoulders lightly. "I'm off to the mystery section. Meet you at check out?"

"Sure," she said closing the book and then picked out another. "I'm almost done here."

"Okay, see you in a bit," he said giving her shoulder one more friendly squeeze before heading off.

Ten minutes later Harry came up to the line with a stack of paper books under his arm. Hermione raised a brow. "Got a little carried away, Harry?"

"A little," he admitted sheepishly. "But I'm so behind on the series." Harry looked at her books and also lifted a brow. "Wow, Hermione, only two?" He juggled the books to free a hand, placing it on her forehead. "You feeling okay?"

Hermione slapped it away with a laugh. "Oh hush up you!"

They were both laughing by the time they came out of the bookstore with their bags in tow. Harry immediately put an arm around her shoulder as they strolled down the walk. They talked about the upcoming summer, what they were going to do with the kids, and maybe plan something for the whole gang. "The kids would like that I think," Harry said as they made the corner. "Maybe to a beach or…"

Harry was immediately cut off by a loud siren and they both jumped when an ambulance flew by them. "What in the…"

"Harry," Hermione said shakily. "At the intersection…something's happened."

Harry looked over and saw that she was right. People were everywhere, cops were trying to back people up as lights were flashing. He all of the sudden had unpleasant feeling at the pit of his stomach and couldn't help to think that something went horribly wrong.

A couple of Muggles were walking by them, shaking their heads. "Terrible thing."

Harry touched the girl's arm. "What happened?"

The Muggle girl looked up at him with sad eyes. "Car accident. Some idiot drunk drive rammed into a cab. It doesn't look good."

As they walked away his whole body went numb and Hermione gripped his arm, barely hearing her whisper his name. They knew. Both of them knew that their lives and their children's lives, just took a drastic change.