Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Lost. Love Found. by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Lost. Love Found.

Harrys Mistress

Okay here's another update, it's pretty much a kid's update, H/Hr are at the beginning but that is it.

Enjoy though!

Chapter 4

Harry knew it was going to be hard seeing the kids off for the first time without Ginny. He tired his best not to let it show, putting on an encouraging smile for all the kids. Hermione was by his side and he knew she was going through the same thing, so he casually took her hand for support.

They made their way through King's Cross with most of the kids hurrying ahead of them while Nora was perched on Hermione's hip. James was at his other side, looking quite nervous. Harry studied him out the corner of his eye, smiling softly. He had gotten so big, it seemed just yesterday he was holding him for the first time. Now, he was all grown up, about to experience his last year at Hogwarts as Head Boy and the captain of the Quidditch Gryffindor team.

He saw so much of himself and Ginny in him. Albus had decided to take all his father's genes and Lily was the spitting image of her mother, but with James…it was like a mixture between them. His hair was wild and untamed like his own, but the color was a shade of dusty red. He had his mother's eyes, but his father's mischievous grin. It was comforting to know that even though Ginny was gone, he could still see glimpses of her in his kids.

Harry put a hand on his shoulder as they approached 9 ¾. "No reason to be nervous, J."

"I'm not," he said a little too quickly. "Just…anxious."

"Okay everyone get your stuff together," Hermione directed. "Get a compartment then come back to say goodbye."

James lingered behind searching the crowd. "I don't see her."

"Which girl are you exactly looking for?" Harry asked.

James sighed. "Good question. I guess I'll go ahead and board. Say my goodbyes now."

"Okay." He smiled giving his son a strong hug. "Have a good year…write more often, okay? Give me updates on how everyone is doing."

"I will," he assured him. "Bye, Aunt Mione."

"Bye, sweetie." Hermione kissed him on the cheek. "Look out for mine, will you?"

"Of course. I'll see you two at Christmas," he said waving them off before disappearing into the crowd.

"C'mon," Harry said putting an arm around her. "Let's go track the other kids down…say goodbye."

James worked his way through the crowd, making his way toward the train. He was just about to board when he heard a familiar voice call his name. He turned to see Samantha's shining face, hazel eyes twinkling, and her hair…the color of polished oak…flying behind her, moments before she jumped him, wrapping both her arms and legs around him as he stumbled back. James laughed, hugging her tight. "Wow…what a welcome."

"Oh, James, it's so good to see you!" she said laughing when he spun her around once in a quick circle. "I was just miserable leaving you after the…well…it doesn't matter, you're here now and…"

"Would you mind getting off my boyfriend, please?"

James and Sam turned their heads to see a fuming Kiki standing off to the side. Her hands were on her hips and her eyes were sending daggers right at Samantha. "Kiki," James said although he didn't let go of Sam. "Er…Hey."

"Hi, Sweetie," she said through clenched teeth. "Mind untangling from another girl to give a proper hello to your girlfriend?"

"Oh. Sorry, I…"

"My fault, Kiki," Samantha said as she shimmied her way back on her feet. "I was just excited to see him. He is my best friend, you know."

"Of course," she replied sweetly as she walked towards James, then mumbled softly to Samantha as she passed her so James wouldn't hear. "I try not to think about it." She then beamed up at James and swept into his arms. "Hey, luv…missed you."

Her lips were on his before he could reply and although he tried to pull away, she held on tight, practically swallowing him up with a very aggressive and, probably shouldn't be done in public type kiss.

"Ew, gross," Danny said walking up to them. "I don't want to see that."

Samantha rolled her eyes in disgust. "Me either. Let's get on board, Danny."

James immediately struggled against Kiki. "Mmmphf….wait…Sammy…" But she was already disappearing on the train with Danny following behind her. "Dammit," he cursed softly as he pulled away from his girlfriend. "I have to go, Kiki…I need to do my Head Boy duties."

Kiki pouted. "Oh, all right…but I have a compartment reserved for us, so…come find me, okay? I'm towards the front."

"Yeah, sure…if I have time." He then quickly left before she could pull him in for another embarrassing display of affection. He needed to find Samantha, so he could let her know how much he missed her too, and how much he appreciated that she came to the funeral…that she stood by his side. Luckily, it shouldn't be too hard to find her, she was after all, Head Girl.

He had a feeling that his last year at Hogwarts was going to be an interesting one.

Rose Weasley stood alone in the bathroom of the Hogwarts Express looking at herself in the mirror. She had just put on her robes and freshened up as best as she could. She always liked to look her best for her first day of the year at Hogwarts She still couldn't believe she was starting her fourth year, she was growing up right before her very own eyes.

She had gotten taller since first year and her crazy brown hair she inherited from her mother was a lot tamer, only because she learned how to keep it under control when she wanted to. She had decided to pull it back now in a tidy bun, which, she realized, made her cheekbones more hallow. She turned to study her profile, than sighed when she didn't see much change. A lot of the girls her age had developed in certain areas, but unfortunately she was still lacking in that department.

Not that those things mattered, she thought sniffing the thought away as she lifted her chin. School work, graduating and getting good grades…that mattered. So what if the other girls talked about boys now, she had no time for foolishness. Although…this year she was allowed to go to the Yule Ball. A dance the first weekend of December the school threw every year, with only fourth years and up being able to go. The girls were already gossiping about it. What were they going to wear? Who would ask them?

What if no one asked her? What if she was the only girl in her year without a date and she had to stay curled up in her bed with the drapes around it and the covers over her head. Well…she didn't care either way! Who cares about some stupid dance anyway? All the boys in at school were nothing but a bunch of Neanderthals anyway. She had no doubt that Al would have any problems getting a date, most of the girls talked about him, saying he was dreamy and how cool it was that Harry Potter was his dad. And if they weren't talking about Al, it was about another boy who was as obnoxious as they come.

Scorpius Malfoy. The boy infuriated her! Always picking on her, teasing her for always having her nose stuck in a book, calling her Frecks, because of the freckles she had across her nose and cheeks. All right, maybe that was a little cute, but…she still couldn't stand him! She wished the boy had never been born! Why did the girls even like him? He's not even that good looking. Okay…maybe he was…and maybe he had really intense gray eyes, but…but he was still a jerk! With a firm nod of agreement with herself, she lifted her chin and walked out the door, and at the same time the door across opened as well and the boy she had just cursed walked out.

"Well, well," Scorpius said with a grin. "Fancy meeting you here, Frecks."

Maybe she did find the nickname cute, but she wouldn't dare let him know that. "Stop calling me that," she said with a scowl before walking away.

Scorpius slid in quickly to block her way. "Why? It fits you so well." He reached out to fiddle with the lapels of her robes. "Don't you look all clean and spiffy."

Rose slapped his hand away. "Cut it out, Malfoy. And could you please get out of my way."

"In a minute," he said with a grin. "You know…my dad has told me stories about your Mum…from what I've heard, you're exactly like her."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Take it as you want it."

"And did your Dad mention the time where my mum punched him in the face during third year?"

"No. Really?" Scorpius gave a little chuckle. "My father failed to mention that, I'll have to give him a hard time."

"Well…did he mention that my dad and Uncle Harry saved him…twice…during the final war between Voldemort and…"

"Yes," Scorpius said before he could finish. "He told me…more than once. They were never friends growing up, but my Dad says he'll always be grateful to both of them." He slid his hands in his pockets, giving her a soft look. "I'm sorry about your dad, Frecks. And your aunt."

Rose blinked up surprised. "Oh. Well. Thanks, Scorpius."

He smiled softly when she said his first name. It was rarely that she ever did. "You're welcome. My dad and I…we wanted to go…to the funeral, but…we didn't know if we'd be welcomed."

"Oh, you should have," she said placing a hand on his arm. "I'm sure my mum…or Uncle Harry wouldn't have turned you away."

He looked down at her hand on his arm, then back at her with an arching brow. "Would you have turned me away, Frecks?"

Rose blushed as she quickly let go of his arm. "No, of course not, don't be ridiculous."

"Rosie."

Rose looked over Scorpius' shoulder to see Albus walking through the corridor towards them. "Oh, hey Al, I was just heading back."

Albus and Scorpius sized each other up. "He's not bothering you, is he?"

Rosie looked back at Scorpius who had one brow arched. "Oh. Well. Surprisingly…no." She gave a smile to Al. "We were just parting ways though."

"Were we?"

"Yes," she said maneuvering past him to Albus. "We were."

"Yo, Scorp."

Coming from the other side was Julius and Nina, two Slytherins ins Scorpius' year. He wouldn't technically call them his best friends, just two people who had been following him around for the past three years. Julius was a real jerk, but harmless enough and Nina…she wasn't the brightest person he knew, but she was one of the earlier bloomers of the girls in their year. They had shared a few snogs over the summer, but he hadn't been too impressed with her kissing abilities.

"What are you doing hanging around these losers?" Julius scoffed.

"Yeah," Nina said as she pressed herself to his side, sneering at Rose. "Especially Miss Tedious."

Rosie blinked in surprise. "Wow, Nina…that was kind of a big word…you didn't hurt yourself, did you?"


Albus chuckled behind her and was surprised when Scorpius snorted out a laugh as well.

Nina scowled at him. "Scorp!"

He cleared his throat. "Er…Sorry."

"Let's just go," she huffed, dragging him away.

He didn't particularly want to leave, but let himself be pulled away. Messing with Rosie was only fun when they were alone. He did however, look over his shoulder and gave her a wink before following Nina and Julius.

Albus caught the wink and looked at Rosie just in time to see the quick look of pleasure spread over her face. If he hadn't know her all his life, he would have missed it. "What was that all about?"

Rose immediately sobered. "What was what?"

"That…the two of you…." He waved his hand between her and the direction Scorpius left. "Flirting."

Rosie rolled her eyes and laughed. "Oh, don't be ridiculous, Al," she said walking through the empty corridor. Muffled noises came from the compartments as they passed. "We were not flirting."

"He winked at you," he pointed out following her.

"He was just being cocky."

"Then you blushed."

Insulted, Rosie gasped and slapped his arm. "I did no such thing, Albus Severus Potter."

"Oh, you just middle named me, now I know you did…you only do that when you're trying to hide something from me. I thought you hated him."

"I do…he's an annoying prat, but…just now…he wasn't as annoying as usual." She stopped, looked up at her cousin that was just as much as her brother. "He said he was sorry about our parents. He was really sincere about it."

Albus shoved his hands in his pockets. "Really?"

"Yes…he said him and his father wanted to come to the funeral, but didn't think they'd be welcomed."

"Oh, they should have, we would never…"

"That's what I told him," Rose said. "You know…I think he's not nearly as bad as he makes himself to be…He seems kind of lonely…I mean…look who the poor guy has as friends. Julius and Nina? Ugh."

Albus laughed. "Yeah…you have a point there. Well…speaking of friends…ours are in our compartment."

"Oh all right," she said as they started walking again. "But you know most of them like to hang out with us because of who our parents are…especially you…being Uncle Harry's."

"Yeah, I know," Albus said stopping at the compartment to look through the window to see James with his friends. "James was lucky…finding good friends like Sam and Danny."

Rose looked into the window, smiling at the way they were all laughing together. "Yes…he was."

"Well," Albus said putting an arm around his cousin. "At least we have each other."

Rose smiled. "There's that."

"Hey, we still have three years," Albus pointed out as they continued on. "You never know, maybe we'll meet someone who…oh, sorry." Albus had walked into a pair of stretched out legs in the hallway.


The owner of the feminine legs, looked up from The Quibbler and blue eyes twinkled up at him. "It's quite all right, Albus," Mia Longbottom, Neville and Luna's daughter said softly. "I'm sure you didn't see me."

Although Albus had known Mia most of his life, he didn't really know a lot about her. She had always been so quiet and…maybe a little odd, that he never gave her much thought when he was just a boy. But now, since he was a little older, he would at least try to be nice, her parents were after all a good family friend. "No, sorry…I wasn't paying attention."

"I'm use to it," she said brushing back her long blonde hair. "People don't normally see me."


Albus looked away sheepishly while Rose bit her lip. "er…what are you doing out in the hall, Mia?" Rose asked.

"Oh. Well, that was my compartment," she said nodding her head to the door in front of her. "But a group of Hufflepuffs came in…it got a little crowded so…they kicked me out."

Albus narrowed his eyes. "They kicked you out?"

"That's horrible!" Rose exclaimed.

"Well, I was the odd man out…being a Ravenclaw…of course…the girls in my house…they don't think much of me I suppose. Why is it that people are afraid of those who are different?"

Rose sighed, knowing exactly how she felt. "I don't know, Mia. People are just ignorant. Well…you can come to our compartment. We have plenty of room."


Mia looked hopefully between Rose and Albus. "Really?"

Albus smiled. "Of course," he said reaching or her hand. "Come join us."

Dimples deepened on her cheeks when she smiled brightly up at him, taking his hand with hers. Her touch was warm and soft as he pulled her to her feet. They were standing close in the hallway…he never knew how blue here eyes were until now….or that she smelled of honeysuckle. "This way," he said keeping his hand in hers as he let her to their compartment. He slid open the door and laughter and conversation filled the room.

"Hey, Potter, where'd you disappear to?" Liam Finnegan said looking up from his Quidditch Cards he was trading with Steward Smith.


"Just around. You guys no Mia right? She's going to hang with us. Mind scooting down a bit, Liam?"

He gave a little shrug. "Sure," he said picking up his cards so he could move down.

"But Albie," Tiffany Peterson whined as she stood from her seat and leaned close into him. "There's barely enough room. Why does she have to be here? She's not even in Gryffindor."

"Why should that matter?"

"Albus, maybe I should just go," Mia said.

"No, you're staying," he said tightening his grip on her hand, but continued to scowl at Tiffany. "If you're too claustrophobic, Tiffany, you can leave, but she's staying. And don't call me Albie." He then maneuvered passed her and sat next to Liam, pulling her down next to him.

Rose sat across from Mia and pulled out her book to read. Tiffany stood by the door pouting, before finally storming out, slamming the sliding door behind her.

"Albus, I didn't mean to cause a riff between you and your girlfriend," Mia said as she nervously twirled her hair.

Albus snorted out a laugh. "Yeah, right, she wishes. Trust me, you did all of us a favor. We don't particularly like her."

"Okay…if you're sure."

"I'm sure," he said rummaging through his pack. "Sugar Quill?"

"Well….I really shouldn't. My mum says Sugar Quill breath can attract the Nargles, but…" She accept it, smiling dreamily at him. "I guess I'll risk it."

Albus grinned when she started to suck happily on the Sugar Quill. Yes, very odd, he thought as he took out a Quill of his own. It was kind of cute.