Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Lost. Love Found. by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Lost. Love Found.

Harrys Mistress

Well, here's another update! I'll probably won't be able to update for the rest of the month. A lot is going on. I'll be out of town every weekend and my birthday is this month as well and not to mention Thanksgiving. I'll try to write a little here and there if I get the chance. For now, enjoy this chapter! It's not long…but a goodie!

~HM

Chapter 33

Harry was stretched out on his bed while he tried hard to concentrate on his book, but it was very hard to do so when Hermione was pacing back and forth in front of him. He glanced up at her, studying her without her noticing. Pacing was something Hermione had always done as long as he'd known her, whether it was from nerves or when she was onto an idea or a theory. Needless to say she had done a lot of pacing during their years at Hogwarts…especially their seventh year during the search of the Horcruxes.

It would be nerves this time around, since the kids were due from Hogwarts in a few hours. They would tell them about their newfound relationship and Hermione was nervous about how they would take it. He couldn't blame her, really…he was nervous as well which was why he was trying to distract him with reading. However, her pacing became more of a distraction then anything else.

Finally giving up, looked up from his book. "Hermione? Are you planning on doing this pacing for the next two hours? If so…I might just go downstairs and leave you to it."

Hermione gave him an apologetic look as she walked over to the bed. "Sorry," she said as she plopped down by his feet. "I guess it's a bit early to start pacing."

He grinned as he gave her a nudge with his foot. "Maybe a bit. It's okay, Mione…I know you're nervous."

"Aren't you?"

He nodded. "Absolutely."

"Well, you don't look it," she huffed annoyingly. "You're sitting there calmly reading a book."

"True," he said, grinning at the slight frown on her face. She was so cute when she was annoyed. "However, I've been reading the same paragraph for the last half hour."

Her lips curved in a bit of amusement. "Well…that's something at least."

"Glad I can help," he said giving her another pat with his foot and turned his attention back to his book. He had just finished the paragraph he had been struggling to read when the bed started to shake. He looked up to see Hermione nervously wringing her hands while her right leg was bopping up and down. He didn't say anything, only lifted his foot and placed it on her thigh to hold her leg still.

She looked down at his sock covered foot and then over to Harry who was looking at her with one brow raised. She let out a defeating sigh as her shoulders slumped. "Sorry…I just can't seem to sit still."

"Obviously. Well," he added as he tossed the book aside. "If I try really hard, I can probably think of another way to release all that nervous energy."

When she saw the wicked gleam in his eye, she rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the laugh that escaped her. "I bet you could," she said and then slapped his leg when his foot started to work up to her breast. "Cut it out…we are not playing footsie, Potter."

"Can't blame a guy for trying." He sighed and then sat up a bit. "Okay, plan B…let's talk about it. Tell me exactly what you're worried about."

"What am I not worried about," she said as she turned herself more in his direction. "How are we going to tell them? What will they say? What will they ask? Will they approve? Will they be angry? Happy?"

"Hermione," he said softly and waited until she looked at him. "It will all work out. Look when I went to talk to James," he continued when she didn't look convinced. "I had no idea what I was going to say or what he was going to say. It all worked out, though in the end. Was it easy? No. Did he ask questions? He sure did…"

"What kind of questions?" she asked curious. "We never really talked about it."

"Oh you know…the usual I suppose," he said as he gave a casual shrug. "When did happen…how long had it been going on…why didn't you tell us…am I in love with you…how come I…"

"What?" Hermione's heart lurched up to her throat. "What?

Harry felt his stomach clench when he realized what he had said. "What?"

"He asked you that?"

"Er…which part?"

"Harry…did he ask you if you were in love with me?"

"No." She narrowed her eyes. "Maybe." She scowled. "Yes."

"Well?" she asked when he remained silent.

"Well what?"

"Are you going to tell me what you said?"

Harry tried desperately not to fidget like an idiot. This wasn't how it was suppose to happen…it was suppose to be romantic…with candles and flowers and all that. Now that he made a major slip up, the woman he loved was practically poking it out of him. Well…maybe he'd start to use this mess up to his advantage.

He gave her a full grin as he crossed his arms. "What do you think I said?"

"Oh no you don't," she said giving his leg a slap. "You are not going to start playing mind games with me, Potter."

"Why not? We're both so good at it."

"Harry!" she huffed.

"Hermione!" he mocked.

"You know I can't read your mind, Harry."

He raised his brows. "Since when?"

"Ugh! Just forget it!" she exclaimed as she darted to her feet then stalked to the door.

Harry waited until she was inches from the open door before waving his hand in the air…causing the door to slam in her face. He watched in amusement as she slowly turned around to face him with daggers in her eyes.

"Did you just slap your magic at me?"

He grinned. "Sure did." He got up from the bed and made his way to her. "Now why don't we…" The invisible force knocked him right off his feet and he felt himself fly through air before landing hard against the pillows. He shook his head clear and looked to see Hermione standing there with a smug and very gratifying expression on her face. "So…want to play rough, do you?"

Hermione felt her heart start to race as he slowly crawled off the bed. "Harry…this is childish nonsense and…" She yelped when she felt the rug she was standing on slide out from under her and yelped again when she landed flat on her butt. Hermione glared up at his face and cursed the foolish grin on his face as she waved a hand in the air.

Harry flinched when the pillow hit the side of his face, but rolled his eyes. "A pillow? Really, Hermione if this is the best you can…bloody hell!" he cursed as he hit the floor, barely missing the very large hardback book.

Hermione watched as Harry slowly turn his narrowed eyes on her and she quickly sprung into action, trying to crawl her way to the other side of the bed. She didn't know if she laughed or screamed when she felt the invisible force tug at her ankle, dragging her flaring body across the floor. When she felt the tight grip of his fingers on her ankles, she whipped her head around, glared at his hand…and focused.

Harry cursed when he felt the sharp sting of his fingers, forcing him to let go and as soon as he did, she scrambled onto her feet. He quickly followed and with another flick of his wrist he sent her flying back against the door. He pressed her against it with his body, grappling with her hands before pinning them above head.

They were both out of breath, their lips only inches apart as the first brush of desire swept through them both. "Had enough?" he asked huskily as his eyes flickered to her mouth.

Hermione had a feeling he wasn't talking about the magical tussle they started between them. She arched greedily against his body and pushed against her captive hands. "No where close."

Harry groaned softly as he leaned down and scraped her bottom lip with his teeth. "Good," he murmured against her mouth. "Because I'm just getting started," he said roughly as he crushed his lips against hers.

She met his aggressive mouth head on as teeth nipped and tongues battled. She urgently moved against him, moaning in protest at her pinned hands. He responded by dragging his hands down her arms, brushing the sides of her breasts, cupping her slim waist and then gripped the back of her thighs. She locked her arms and legs around him when he hitched her up off the floor, then murmured his name when his mouth savaged her neck.

With a hard thrust of his hand, he pushed them off the wall and shuffled his way to the bed while Hermione was now the one ravishing his neck. He practically threw her on the bed and he caught the hint of irritation in her eyes before he hovered himself over her and claimed her scowling mouth with his amused one.

They rolled together…limbs tangled, hands groping, mouths mating. When Hermione straddled him Harry leaned and lifted her arms above her head before reaching down and pulling her sweater off in one fast swoop. Their lips met again and he flipped her back over on her back, pinning her soft, slim body into the mattress.

Desperate to feel his warm skin on hers, she started to pull at his sweater, yanking it high up his chest. He pulled away from her mouth, shifting onto his knees so he could get rid of the material. Hermione sat up and greedily attacked his chest with her mouth while her hands roamed up and down his muscular back.

He groaned as he tossed the sweater aside, gripping handfuls of her hair while she continued with her assault. "Hermione…"

"I love your body," she purred and flicked a tongue over his nipple, causing him to tremble. "All smooth…" She raked her nails gently down his back. "Hard…" She wrapped her arms possessively around him, arching her body up to meet his. "And all mine."

He let out a long throaty moan as he covered her mouth with his and rolled with her once again. They grappled with the remaining clothes, wanting nothing but flesh against flesh. Harry cupped her with his hand and found her hot and wet and she cried out when he plunged his finger inside her. His mouth touched every inch of her while his fingers caressed and stroked her to the edge. Even when she finally felt that first wave of pleasure, he never let up as his mouth replaced his fingers.

"Please," she gasped as she felt another orgasm start to build. "Please…Oh, god…Harry!"

Hearing her scream his name was like nothing he'd ever experience before. He kept on tasting her as he pushed her hips up to his mouth, pressing his probing tongue hard against her as she rode it out. When she finally collapsed, he didn't look at her yet…only slowly traveled soft kisses up her body. He placed his lips over the soft skin of her heart and could feel its rapid beat and was pleased to know he was the cause of it. "Hermione."

She shook her head, unable to find the words to say. He nuzzled her neck, kissed her ear. "Hermione," he whispered again and leaned back to see her head turned away. "Look at me."

She turned her head; her shimmering brown eyes met his as she touched the side of his face. "Harry…"

"What do you see?" he asked as he reached up and gripped her hand…kissed it. "Look into my eyes…what do you see, Hermione?"

She let out a shaky breath as she made herself get lost into those green eyes she had known most all her life. Her eyes filled with tears when she understood exactly what he meant. She had always secretly wondered what it would feel like to have Harry look at her the way he was looking at her now. It was more wonderful than she had ever imagined. "Love," she finally said as she felt a tear fall down her cheek. "I see love."

Harry let out a shaky breath as he dropped his forehead to hers. "Yes," he whispered and kissed the tear away. "Yes." He kissed her softly against her lips and lingered. "Yes," he breathed into her mouth as he slid inside her in one smooth stroke.

She gasped at the feel of him inside her, knowing that she'd never get tired of the way he filled her up so completely. Harry seized her hands with his, linking their fingers tightly together as he pinned them above her head. Their mouths met in a soft mating of lips and tongue as they moved together…slowly…lovingly. Gentle murmurs and soft moans filled the room as the rhythm remained unhurried and incredibly patient. When they finally reached their peak, Harry covered her mouth with his as they both tumbled over the edge together.

No words were spoken. No words were needed….at least for the moment. Hermione was perfectly content with shifting his hair between her fingers while enjoying the delicious feel of Harry's long lean body pressing her against the mattress. Harry was perfectly content with pillowing his head against her soft breasts as he listened to her rapid heartbeat slowly, but surely go back down to normal. It was a perfect and peaceful moment for both of them and neither of them were in any rush to end it.

Hermione didn't know how much time had passed when she finally felt Harry start to shift on top of her. It didn't really matter. He kissed the soft skin that covered her heart and her lips curved when she felt it quiver in delight. "Say it," she heard herself say as she wrapped her arms around him when he nuzzled her neck. "I've been waiting so long to hear you say it…I don't think I can stand to wait another moment."

Harry leaned back to could look at her and gently caressed the curves of her face with the back of his fingers. "I love you, Sparky."

Hermione closed her eyes as she let his words rush through her. The use of the name he had given her…a name he was only allowed to use…made it so much sweeter. When she finally opened her eyes she could feel the slight sting of the tears as she smiled up at him. "Oh, Harry," she said laughing softly as she framed his face with her hands and brought him down for a kiss. "I love you, too…so much."

His own tears now threatened to emerge as his lips started to tremble against hers. "It's different," he murmured as he ran a hand over her hair. "This love I have for you…it's so much more…powerful…it's as if my heart is so full it's about to burst."

Completely overwhelmed, Hermione gripped his hand that was touching her face and nuzzled her cheek against it. "Harry."

"I've never felt this way before, Hermione," he confessed as he linked his fingers with hers. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes," she whispered with a slight nod. "And I feel the exact same way…you have always had a special place in my heart, Harry…a place no one could touch. No one."

Incredibly moved, Harry ran his lips along her face, kissing away the tears that streamed down her cheeks. He kissed her cheek, her eyelids, forehead, even the tip of her nose, before finally claiming her lips in a deep, deep kiss.

"Mmm…you know what?" she asked when he reluctantly pulled away.

"What?" he asked casually trailed a finger along the outline of her kissable lips.

"I'm not worried anymore."

Harry gave her a slow grin, then playfully nipped her bottom lip with his teeth. "Neither am I."