Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Lost. Love Found. by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Lost. Love Found.

Harrys Mistress

Here's another one! This is a chapter of some of just the kids. Haven't written one of those in awhile. I wanted to get an update in quick because I probably won't update again for a few weeks. I'm babysitting most of this weekend and I'm going out of town to visit my sister and her family. My nephew is having his 3rd birthday party and he really wants me to be there. I'll have some time to plan what comes next but for now I hope you enjoy this one and thanks again for all the reviews!!

~HM

Another year at Hogwarts had ended on a bright sunny day in June and the Hogwarts Express was jam packed with kids as it headed back to Platform 9 ¾. Finals were done and now everyone was looking forward to a long fun filled summer of freedom.

One compartment held four students; all of them just finishing up their fourth year. Albus Potter was one of the four and he was settled back in his seat with his legs stretched out, mindlessly stroking Lola…his brand new Snow Owl his Dad and Aunt Mione had surprised him on his birthday a few months ago. He smiled when he remembered when Lola had flown in his bedroom window early in the morning with a message held tightly in her beak. He thought she was just another owl, but when he opened the note he was shocked when he read the birthday message.

Happy Birthday, Al!

Have a great one and we'll see you soon. Give everyone our love.

Love, Dad and Aunt Mione

p.s. The owl is yours to keep.

He had let out a war whoop as he jumped out of bed and she flew immediately flew to his arm when he held it out, then crawled up his shoulder and gave him a loving nip at his ear. He remembered how he couldn't wait to show Mia, knowing she had a softness for Snow Owls. Mia was smitten right away and she was even the one who named her since he had a difficult time coming up with one that suited his new pet.

He looked over at Mia now, who was gazing out the window with a goofy smile on her face. "Hey, Smiley," Albus teased nudging her side with his elbow. "If you don't stop smiling you'll get stuck that way."

She just turned her bright blue eyes locked with hers while she laughed. "I know, but I can't help it. This is going to be my first summer with friends. Real friends. I'm just so excited. We're all going to hang out, right?"

Albus felt a slight tug at his heart. A feeling that had been happening regularly every time she smiled at him. He returned the smile, putting a friendly arm…at least he tried to keep it friendly…around her. "You couldn't keep us away…right Scorp?"

Scorpius was sitting across from him with a nose stuck in a book that Rosie gave him to read. He had been reluctant at first…reading wasn't really his thing…especially reading for pleasure, but Rosie assured him he'd like it and of course she was right. He couldn't put the stupid book down. "Hmm?" he asked finally looking up. "What? Oh. Sure."

"Do you even know what we are talking about?"

"Nope." He grinned. "But I can tell by the look on Mia's face she was hoping I'd say yes and since I'd do anything for Mia, I went ahead and agreed." He looked at her and smiled. "Did I answer correctly, Funny Face?" he asked using the nickname he gave her a few weeks ago when they had all been studying. Mia had made a face while she was studying that Scorpius happened to catch.

"What was that?" he asked with a laugh.

Rose and Albus looked up as well as Mia who blinked when she realized he was talking to her. "I beg your pardon?"

He grinned. "That face you made…you sort of…wrinkled your nose and crossed your eyes."

Crimson crept in her cheeks. "I most certainly did not."

"You most certainly did," he countered back. "It was quick…but I caught it."

Albus grinned. "I want to see."

"No," she laughed, embarrassed. "It's nothing…stupid, really…I just sometimes make a face when I'm concentrating really hard…I don't realize I'm doing it."

"Really?" Albus asked intrigued. "That's fascinating. Come on, Mia…give us a face," he pleaded sticking out his bottom lip.

"Would you guys leave her alone," Rosie chuckled. "You're embarrassing her."

"Thank you, Rose."

"All right…we'll leave you alone," Albus said with a defeated sigh.

Once she was satisfied she when went back to her notes, but didn't realize that all three of them kept an eye on her. Not even a minute later, she made a face and they all busted out laughing.

Mia looked up, blushing. "Did I do it again?"

Albus nodded while he continued to laugh. "It was great," he said leaning into her to give her a squeeze and a kiss on the cheek. "You are so cute."

Flustered, Mia squirmed. "Well…now, really…"

Scorpius just chuckled as he reached over and grabbed her hand. "Do us a favor…Funny Face…and never change."

Mia was now beaming at him, flushed with pleasure at hearing his nickname for her. No one had ever given her a nickname before…well except Weirda Mia, but that didn't count because it was meant to insult her. Some might say Funny Face was an insult, but it wasn't…Scorpius didn't mean it that way and meant it as only an endearment. "Scorpius, it was the perfect thing to say."

"Good,' he said smiling at her before shifting his attention to Rosie who was sitting next to him. "I have no idea what I agreed on, but…" He trailed off when he realized her eyes were closed and her face had a glistening glow to it. "Frecks? You okay?"

Her eyes fluttered open. "Mmm…I don't know," she said weakly as she cleared her throat and sat up more in her seat. "I don't feel so hot…I think I may be coming down with something."

Scorpius immediately shut his book and threw it aside before turning towards her to give her his full attention. "You're not feeling well?" he asked brushing back her bangs so he could touch her forehead.

"Is it cold in here?" she asked as she shivered.

"Merlin, Frecks…you're burning up," he said with a frown as he pressed his palm to her forehead, than flipped over to press his knuckles against her hot clammy skin. "You definitely have a fever."

"When did you start feeling bad, Rosie?" Albus asked leaning over to touch her knee.

"This morning…I felt kind of icky when I woke up."

Scorpius narrowed his eyes. "You felt bad this morning? Why on earth didn't you go to the infirmary to get some sort of healing potion?"

"I…I thought it would pass," she said a little uneasy at the sound of annoyance in his voice.

"Thought it would pass?" he asked than all of the sudden let out a stream of curses that were in some foreign language as he got up to pull down his trunk.

Rosie's jaw dropped. "Are you cursing at me in Russian?"

"Ukrainian," he corrected as he set the trunk down on the seat. "A lot of my family on my mother's side is Ukrainian."

"Do I want to even know what you said to me?"

"No…now be quiet."

Rosie scoffed a protest but Scorpius' voice drowned it out. "Mia…take this," he said giving him one of his white cotton shirts. "Go to the loo and soak it with cool water, than bring it back."

"Okay," she said taking it before hurrying out.

"Now, really Scorpius," Rose said as she stood up on her feet. "There's no reason too…oh dear."

Scorpius let out another foreign curse as he caught her when her body began to sway and her eyes rolled at the back of her head. "Don't you faint on me, Frecks," he said easing her back down, mumbling something else foreign.

"Stop with the foreign stuff," she said putting a hand to her fuzzy head. "If you are going to curse me, at least have the decency to do it in English."

"Fine…stop being a stubborn ass and let me take care of you," he said and answered her scowl by giving him his Slytherin sweatshirt. "Here…put this on…you're shivering."

Since she was freezing and too sick to argue she took the sweatshirt from him, but did find the strength to bat his hand away when he tried to help her. Scorpius rolled his eyes before putting his trunk back up than sat down next to her. "Here…lay down."

"I don't want to lie down," she protest even though she felt extremely woozy and was dying to rest her head on his lap. "You know…you would be a terrible Healer if you acted this way to your patients."

"Did I ever say I wanted to be a Healer?" he argued. "No…but I know you're hurting so lie down…Ah, Mia…thanks," he added when she came in taking his damp shirt from her. "Come on, Frecks…don't be so stubborn…you're sick as a dog."

When she hesitated Albus spoke for the first time. He had been too much in awe watching Scorpius scramble around like an idiot. "Er…I'd do as he says, Rosie…he seems pretty set on taking care of you…even though he could be more gentle about it," he added giving Scorpius a hard stare.

Scorpius opened his mouth too protest, but closed it only to sigh. "Jeez, okay…sorry," he said to Rose giving him a soft look. "I just…hate to see you this way and I'm mad you didn't take care of this when you could…don't give me that look, you know it was stupid of you not to take care of it."

Rosie wanted to argue, but didn't have the strength. "Okay, okay, fine…I'm too tired to fight with you," she groaned lying herself down. "I just want to go to sleep."

"Here…" Scorpius shifted so she could put her head in his lap. He then pushed back her hair and placed the cool cotton shirt on her forehead. "That feel good?"

"Mmm," she murmured as she shifted onto her back, drawing up her knees to curl them against the back of the cushioned bench.

Scorpios noticed her shivering and even though his sweatshirt had helped, her legs were still bare from her skirt. He looked over at Albus to ask him to get out his cloak, but he was ahead of him and was already getting it out. "Thanks," Scorpius said as Albus put his cloak over his cousin. Albus just nodded as he made sure his cloak covered her properly.

"Albus," Mia said standing up. "Why don't we go and see if we can find something for Rosie. Isn't Sam just getting over the flu? She might have some left over healing potion."

"Good idea," he said then knelt by Rosie. "We'll be back for reinforcements, Rosie…just stay here and rest."

She gave him a shaky smile. "I'm not going anywhere."

He gave her a grin. "Good." He stood back up. "We'll be right back," he said taking Mia's hand.

"Hang in there, sweetie," Mia sad before following him out.

Once they were alone, Scorpius fiddled with the cloth on her forehead. "Are you warm enough?"

"I'm getting there," she murmured. "I should…move to the other side…I…I don't want you to get sick."

Scorpius frowned at the sound of her voice. It was already getting weak and horse. "Don't worry about that," he said stroking his hair. "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"S'okay…I didn't understand you anyway."

"I just don't like seeing you hurt, Frecks…I guess you could say I panicked a bit."

With her eyes still closed, the corner of her mouth tilted up. "Yeah…just a bit."

Before he could say anything, the door slid open and James walked in with Samantha trailing behind him. "Hey there, cuz," he said softly kneeling by her and taking her hand. "Heard you were feeling kind of crappy."

"I've been better."

"What were you thinking getting sick on the first day of summer?" he teased.

"I don't know what came over me," she teased back.

"Hey sweetie," Sam said leaning down next to James. "I've got some potion for you…I just got over the flu and this helped me a lot. It makes you groggy, but it does the trick. Can you sit up?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"Here…let me help you," Scorpius said shifting so she could prop herself against his chest.

She took the vial from Sam and tipped it back in her mouth, then grimaced as she swallowed. "Ugh."

"I know…tastes horrible," Sam sympathized.

"That's an understatement," Rosie said and then went into a fit of coughing, barely feeling Scorpius' hand rubbing her back. She let out a moan as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back on his shoulder.

"Here…lay back down," he said shirting again as he helped her lie back down. "Do you want the cloth again?"

"Please," she said and sighed at the feel of his warm hands pushing back her hair before placing his cool cotton shirt over her forehead. "Thanks."

"You rest up, Rosie," James said patting her hand. "We'll be home soon, than everyone can fuss over you."

"Sounds good to me…thanks, J…thanks for the potion, Sam."

"Anytime, sweetie…feel better soon."

James shifted his eyes to Scorpius as he stood back up. "Mia and AL are hanging with Hu and Lil so they wouldn't disturb Rosie….will you be okay with her?"

"Of course," he said not realizing he started to stroke her hair again with his fingers. "I'll take care of her."

James noticed and didn't know what to think about it. "Okay…thanks."

"Poor thing," Sam said as they stepped out. "It's hard to sweet Rosie hurting like that.

"Yeah," James said leaning back against the wall of the narrow corridor. "Dad and Mum will dote on her and…"

Sam's eyes softened when James abruptly cut off…realizing his mistake. "Oh, James," she said touching his arm.

"Well. That was weird," he said shakily as he ran his hand through his messy mop of hair.

"James, you miss her…it's normal to…"

"No," he said shaking his head. "I…I wasn't even thinking of mum…I had Aunt Mione in my mind and I still…I love Aunt Mione, but I've never thought of her as…I already have a mum."

"Yes…you do," she assured him stepping into him, wrapping her arms around his waist and pressed her cheek to his heart. "No one can ever replace her."

Guilt still swamped him. "Then why did I…"

"Because she has been the constant mothering figure in your life for the past year," she answered for him. "You don't have to feel guilty for needing her. She needs you just as much…she loves you…Al and Lil…Just as much as her own children."

James sighed as he placed his lips on the crown of her head. "I know…I guess I'm just use to seeing them…Dad and Aunt Mione…together all the time…it just…kind of came out."

She held him tighter. "Just don't feel guilty."

"I don't…thanks to you."

She looked up and smiled, then lifted a brown when she saw the worried look in his eye. "Something else is bothering you."

James shifted awkwardly. "No I don't."

"James, don't bother lying to me," she said poking at his sides. "You know I'll eventually get it out of you."

He jerked at her poking, and then batted her hands away. "Okay, fine…stop with the abuse."

"You're so easy," she teased and gave him a quick peck. "Now what's wrong?"

James frowned. "I don't like the way Scorpius was dealing with Rosie."

"What do you mean? He was very sweet with her…he was practically doting on her, it reminded me of you when I was sick."

"That's what I'm afraid of," James muttered.

"Oh, James," she laughed. "You're not going to play the big bad overprotected older cousin, are you?"

"Yeah. So?"

"So…good." She gave him a seductive smile as she slid up to him, gliding her arms around his neck. "Now…want to go to our private compartment and…" She bit gently into his bottom lip. "Snog?"

James groaned as he gathered her up, lifting her until her toes dangled. "Okay," was all he said and let Sam continue her assault on her mouth while he carried her down the corridor to their room. They were in full snog out mode when James was desperately trying to slide the door open. He was dying to get her hands on her, but as he stumbled in with her, he reluctantly pulled away when he saw the room was already occupied. "Dammit, Danny."

Danny was too busy sucking face with his girlfriend to hear his best friend cursing his name.

"Daniel Alan Logan," Sam exclaimed.

He definitely heard that and pulled away. "Huh? What? Oh…hey guys."

James just hopelessly shook his head. "Okay kids…funs over, out you go."


"But why?" Danny pouted while he hugged Freddie close. "There's plenty of room...you guys can take that side."

"Danny!" James, Sam and even Freddie protested.

James shook his head and held up his hands. "No way am I snogging with Sam while you're here…and this is our compartment."

"All right…fine." He stood up taking Freddie's hand. "C'mon, Fred…let's see if the loo's free."

Freddie rolled her eyes. "So romantic," she muttered, but secretly hoped it most certainly was free. She wanted to get her hands on that cute bum of his.

As soon as the door was shut, James crushed Sam against him. "Now…where were we?" he asked as he laid her down on the bench.

"Mmm," she murmured when his body covered hers. "I believe your hand was here." She guided them to the first button of her blouse. "And your mouth was here." James smiled when she trailed a finger along her neck. "Of course," he said huskily as he nuzzled her neck and flicked open the first button. "Now I remember."