Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Lost. Love Found. by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Lost. Love Found.

Harrys Mistress

Hey everyone! Hope all is well! I have another update and I wanted to say thanks first for everyone being so patient! I wish I could update everyday, but unfortunately with a job and other things going on it's just not possible. I know it's been over a month since I updated and I can tell you I never plan on taking so long, sometimes it just happens., whether it takes me a long time to figure out what to write next, or sometimes my personal schedule just gets too busy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update and I will have the next one up as soon as I can. Now that I got this update out of the way, I can now go cheer on my Cowboys!

~HM

Chapter 30

It was his first day back at work after the wonderful, incredible, sex-filled weekend he had shared with his lifelong friend, Hermione Granger. His first day back and with one hour left to go in the day, he thought he might die of sheer boredom. His first day back…had been an absolute beating.

The day started early and it was torturous dragging himself out of a perfectly warm bed with a perfectly warm naked female body. If it was any other work day, he would have slept in, wake Hermione up with soft kisses and then make slow lazy love to her. Unfortunately, the Auror meeting with other Auror leaders from around the world was scheduled that morning and with the time differences he had to be at his office by seven 'o clock in the morning.

It had only lasted about thirty minutes, so that didn't take up much of his time. His paperwork was caught up since he stayed late the week before getting it done so he could have his carefree weekend with Hermione. The current missions that were going on at the moment were either recently wrapped up or at a standstill so no recent reports were given to him. He had went down to training center to check on James and the other recruits, hoping to maybe get in on a little sparring lesson with someone, but then found out it was testing day, which was spent most of the day behind a desk. Testing day had always sucked.

So his day had dragged on painstakingly slow and he was counting the minutes until he could go back home to be with Hermione. He smiled as he leaned back in his chair and propped his feet on his desk and let his mind drift once again to the moments he had spent to her. It had become a good way to past the time.

He thought of their first time and how they dove at each other the moment they stepped through the threshold. He couldn't get her upstairs, naked and under him fast enough. He thought of their passionate lovemaking under the hot steamy spray and smiled wickedly at the remembrance of their friendly romp in the kitchen. It was no wonder they had both crashed from exhaustion after Hermione's wonderfully skilled seduction performance.

He woke up once in the middle of the night…craving her, wanting her…needing her. He had turned to her in the dark and she was there waiting for him, all soft and warm and welcoming. He had sunk into that warmth and into her as he loved her slowly, gently. He remembered how his name trembled from her lips as she came and the sound of it send him over the edge with her. They had shared a long, lazy kiss before he rolled to his side, bringing her with him as they drifted off once again.

The next morning he had woken up first, leaving her fast asleep as he slipped out of bed. He had slipped on a pair of his jeans that were lying crumpled on the floor and made his way downstairs. After feeding Boo, he decided to whip up some breakfast and bring it up to her in bed. He had the coffee brewing and the bacon cooling on a sheet of paper towel and was just about done cooking the eggs when he felt her sneak up behind him…

He flinched when a pair of soft feminine hands slid around his bare waist, causing the culprit to chuckle as she pressed up against his backside.

"Scare you?" Hermione asked as she playfully nipped at his shoulder.

Harry grinned but kept his attention on the eggs. "Don't be ridiculous…Harry Potter doesn't scare easy."

"Uh-huh," she said dryly and moved her lips to her neck. "Smells good."

"Scrambled eggs," he explained. "Almost done."

"Yeah? I guess that smells good, too."

Harry chuckled at the line he had used not too long ago. "You're a smooth one, Sparky," he said as he turned the burner off and slid the eggs to a empty plate. "You know…I was going to bring you breakfast in bed."

She nuzzled her cheek against his shoulder blade. "Aww…you're such a softie."

He turned around and kissed the top of her head. "Don't tell anyone."

"Our little secret."

"Want some coffee?"

She sighed. "Love some."

"First things first." He tilted her chin up until their lips met in a soft, seductive kiss. "Good morning," he murmured against her mouth before going back for more

"Mmm." She gave his bottom lip a gentle nip. "Morning."

He grinned and gave her a playful bite as well before reluctantly pulling away. "Let me get you that coffee." He gave her a little pat before turning back around to fish out a coffee mug. As he poured, he watched her leaning against the counter, dressed in his button down collared shirt as she nibbled on a piece of bacon. "You look pretty good in my shirt, Sparky."

Hermione grinned slyly as she took the mug from his outstretched hands. "You think so?"

Harry gave her one long cool look. "Oh yeah…good enough to eat."

She watched him over the rim of her cup as she took a sip. "As I recall…you're quite good at that."

"Am I?" He leaned against the opposite counter and picked up his own mug. "You wearing anything under that shirt?"

"Maybe." She shrugged. "Maybe not." She set down her coffee and gestured to the plate of eggs. "You going to let me have any of that, Harry?"

"Sure." He plopped his own mug down on the counter and headed towards her. "Later."

Hermione yelped when Harry plucked her off her feet and swung her over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes. "Harry!" she shrieked as she slapped his back. "Put me down, you oaf!"

"Gladly," he said and threw her down onto the couch and before she could gesture any kind of protest his body covered her body and his mouth silenced her own mouth.

Harry groaned at the memory of that certain amount of time they spent on the couch. By the time they made it back to the kitchen the eggs and bacon were soggy and cold. Nothing a little warm up spell didn't cure though.

With a heavy sigh he looked at the clock to see he had an hour to go in the day. He wanted to leave…to go home and see Hermione and not to mention, Nora, who Hermione had picked up earlier in the day. As much as he loved the weekend he spent with Hermione, he had to admit he missed his little munchkin and couldn't wait to scoop her up.

Harry suddenly sat up in his chair and plopped his feet on the floor. Wait a minute…he was the head of this department, was he not? Who says he had to stay till five o'clock? He usually stayed even later than that…he worked harder than probably anyone. Why not leave early? Who was going to stop him?

With a huge grin on his face he jumped up and started locking things up. In five minutes flat he was grabbing his cloak and rushing out the door. "I'm going to head home," he told his secretary as he flung on his cloak.

Victoria Gerald blinked up at her boss. "You're leaving? Now?"

"Sure…nothing going on. Leave any messages though on my desk. I'll see you tomorrow."

Victoria was still frowning when he was gone. Mr. Potter…leaving early? She shook her head in astonishment as she went back to work. "That's a first," she thought then smiled in excitement. With the boss gone…maybe she'd sneak out a little early to get ready for her big date. Maybe this would become a habit of his. She sure hoped so.

The house was quiet when he walked in the front door, but it didn't take long to find them.

He watched them through the glass patio door, splashing and laughing in the pool together. With a grin, Harry darted up the stairs to quickly throw on his swimming trunks. When he quietly slipped outside, they were still in the shallow end of the pool. Hermione had Nora on her hip while they danced playfully through the water.

Harry quickly trotted over to the diving board, took a long high leap into the air and saw Hermione gasp and Nora shriek write before he did a half cannonball a few feet away. When he resurfaced, Nora was bouncing on Hermione's hip, chanting "Daddy! Daddy!" as whe reached out to him. Hermione, on the other hand, was trying to look annoyed, but her lips were slight curved in amusement.

"Daddy! Daddy, hold me!"

"There's my munchkin," he said scooping her up and hugged her tight. "I missed you."

"Missed, too, Daddy." She wriggled in his arms trying to turn around. "Throw me, Daddy! Weally high!"

He laughed. "You got it…but first things first." He cupped the back of Hermione's neck with his free hand, tugged her forward, and pressed his cool, wet lips to hers, lingering and nipping, while Nora giggled and clapped in delight. "Hey."

She shivered slightly and knew it had nothing to do with the cold water. "Hey yourself…you're home early."

"Work was slow…and I was anxious to see you." He gave Nora a little jostle. "Both of you."

"Throw me now, Daddy!"

"Alright, munchkin…she have her floating charm on?"

"She sure does," Hermione assured as she gave Nora a little poke. "I've been throwing her, too, but I can't get her as high as you."

"Well…let's just see how high I can get you…ready?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay…here we go…on three and count with me…oooone…" He lowered into the pool, then back up. "Twoooo…." He dipped again while Nora counted with him. "Three!" He shot up hard with his legs and threw her up with his arms.

Nora squealed as she rocketed high through the air, then landed back in the water with a slash. "She popped up like a cork, giggling as she dog paddled back to him. "Again, again!"

"She's fearless," Hermione said with a shake of her head.

"She got that from you," he said with a wink before scooping Nora backing his arms.

He threw her a few more times, then tossed her back and forth with Hermione. She clung to his back as he swam under the water. She perched on his shoulders as he jumped off the diving board. By the time they finally managed to drag her out of the pool, Harry was exhausted.

"Poor baby," Hermione laughed giving him a kiss. "Why don't you go up and take a shower…I'll give Nora a bath."

"Won't argue with that, but I'll watch her after so you can take one."

"Deal." She sealed it with another kiss, then picked up Nora. "Bath time, cutie-pie."

He didn't linger in the shower like he normally did, he found that it wasn't nearly as pleasurable without Hermione with him. After the shower, he quickly toweled off and threw on a pair of clean jeans and a yellow polo shirt, then headed out barefoot to Nora's room.

Hermione was in the middle of toweling her off when he came in. "Hey…I'll finish this…yo ugo take a shower."

"Okay…how was yours?" he asked as she easily passed him a squeaking clean Nora swaddled in a pink fuzzy towel.

He grinned. "Lonely."

She rolled her eyes with a laugh. "You're horrible."

"Whatever you say, Sparky…bet you'll be lonely, too."

She paused at the door and gave him a smile. "Bet you're right…see you downstairs."

Once he was alone, he turned his attention to Nora. "All right, munching…let's get you suited up."

When Nora didn't answer, he knew that meant she was getting tired. She was always freakishly quiet when she was sleeping. She stood still as a statue on the bed when he dressed Nora in a pair of purple and pink stripped pajamas. When he was done he gave her stomach a little poke and as he hoped, it got a giggle out of her. He then opened his arms and she leapt up into them and nuzzled her cheek against his shoulder. "Are you hungry, baby doll?"

"Uh-huh. Chicken."

"You want some chicken nuggets?" he asked on his way downstairs.

"Uh-huh…and some gapes."

"Chicken and grapes…you got it."

He put Nora in her highchair that was located at the dinner table and angled it towards the kitchen so he could see her and she could see him. He quickly went to work, nuking Nora's nuggets and slicing up some grapes. He also fixed her some milk and when he brought it to her, her eyes were drooping. "Here you go, sweetie…eat some foot…and then it's bedtime.

"Kay," she said as she dragged out a yawn.

He kissed the top of her head and headed back to the kitchen. Not wanting to fuss over dinner, he pulled out a frozen shepherds pie and pre-heated the oven. He poured some wine in two glasses, took his first sip before he tried to find something to go with the shepherds pie. He found a can of peas and decided to go with that. It was easy and quick.

Harry was stirring the peas on low and the pie was warming in the oven when Hermione made it down. She was dressed in her favorite stay at home sweat pants a faded old Chudley Cannon shirt Ron had given her when they had gone to a game years back. "Smells good."

"I put that shepherds pie in…I poured you a glass of wine."

"Oh. Thanks." She grabbed it and took a testing sip. "That's nice." She glanced at Nora, who had her head resting on her hand while her other hand fed her grapes. "She's beat."

"And then some," Harry said coming up behind her. "You 'bout ready for bed, munchkin?"

Nora rubbed her eyes as she nodded her head. "I sweepy."

"I'll take her up," Harry said setting down his wine. "You stay here…enjoy your wine." He went over to Nora and picked her up out of the highchair. "Okay, munchkin…let's get you to bed. Give mum a kiss goodnight."

"Night, mummy," she murmured leaning over to hug her while Harry still had her perched on his waist.

"Night, night." She gave her a kiss on her forehead. "See you in the morning light."

"Be right back," Harry murmured as Nora already had her head resting on his shoulder.

Hermione watched them disappear around the corner and sighed blissfully before taking another sip of her wine. She was happy…she didn't realize how unhappy she had been before things had changed with Harry. Even though she was surrounded by family, by Harry…a part of her still felt like there was an empty void in her life and she didn't know what it was. Now she did…she had missed being with a man.

She missed soft kisses and gentle touches. She had pined to feel the weight of a man…the feel of a man pressed against her. Ever since Harry had first kissed her in her office a few months ago, he had definitely awakened an aching need that had been long buried for over a year. She had a lover…and Harry was an amazing one. Any man who could give a woman just shy of ten orgasms in one night was an amazing, out of this world, fantastic, lover. She was a very lucky woman. And she was also a woman who was very much in love.

She let out a shaky breath before taking another sip…a much longer sip. She was in love with Harry…it was something she always knew deep inside, but it was the first time she admitted it to herself. She didn't know how to handle it. Should she tell him? Or wait until he told her? She shook her head as finished off her glass then pushed off from the counter to pour her another glass. Her problem, she told herself as she took another sip. If he wasn't in love with her now…well, that was fine…she'd just have to find a way to convince him that he was crazy in love with her so they could go on being lovers until they were both old and gray.

She was just giving herself a firm nod of determination when Harry walked back into the kitchen. "Well, that was easy…she was asleep by the time I got to her bed and she mumphh…" Harry found the rest of his sentence was shut off by Hermione's demanding mouth. She had jumped him and he barely had time to put his arms around her as he stumbled back into the counter. After getting over the initial shock, he let out a long deep throat moan as he met her feverous mouth eagerly with his.

"Wow," he gasped when their mouths finally broke apart, although Hermione didn't waste time and moved her lips down his jaw line. "Er…not that I'm complaining, but…" His eyes fluttered close when she worked her mouth and tongue along his neck. "What brought this on?"

"I missed you today," she murmured in his ear and then scraped her teeth along his lobe.

"Sweet Merlin," he hissed as he gripped her hips. "Er…missed you, too…a hell of a lot."

"How long till the pie's done?" she asked as her hands found their way under his shirt.

"What?" He shook his head as he tried to think but her hands on his chest was making it difficult. "Oh…the pie. Right…er…'bout thirty minutes."

"Perfect," she said before capturing his lips again in a long, drug out kiss. "Just enough time."

His whole body trembled from head to toe. "Is it?"

She smiled as she slowly backed away and then hooked two fingers under the waistband of his jeans and slowly began to tug him out of the kitchen. "I found out something this weekend, Harry," she said as she shuffled backwards to the den as he happily stumbled along.

"What's that?" he asked before Hermione shoved him backwards on the couch.

Hermione watched Harry's left eyebrow lift up when she straddled his lap and grinned triumphantly on the inside when she felt he was already hard and ready for her. "I found out that seducing you…is one of my new favorite things to do." With a sly grin she trailed one finger down the line of his body. "What are you going to do about that?"

"Whimper with appreciation?"

Hermione chuckled as she leaned down to sample a quick taste of his lips. "That's a good start…now all you have to do…is lie there and enjoy." She slowly pulled up his shirt up and over his head then tossed it aside. "I'll do all the work."

Harry groaned when her mouth was already making a torturous trail down his body. "Well…if you insist."

Hermione's lips curved against his skin as her hands were already working on the fly of his jeans. Oh yeah, she thought as he already started to whither and moan beneath her. Harry Potter was a goner.