Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: Due to recent inspirations for writing Harry Potter fan fics, and lack of updating of some of my favorite D/G stories, I hope that these recent updates will satisfy all our Christmas Shipping needs. Enjoy!

*A ship is a story of two characters in love, and Christmas colors are green and red, thus a D/G story is a Christmas Ship, in case any of you were wondering*

Chapter 10: Discoveries

"Draco!" Ginny hissed. "What is Snape doing in your kitchen eating TOAST?"

"Hello Draco dear!" Narcissa said, as if only realizing he was there. "Severus came over to have a lovely breakfast with you and Ginny. Isn't that wonderful?" Narcissa said, as if the situation was nothing to worry about. Draco only scowled at his mother.

"I don't wish to see him. And I don't wish to see you either." Draco snapped, still irritated from loss of sleep.

"But he came all the way to see you. It's very hard for him to visit."

Draco glared at his mother in response. Narcissa frowned and Draco stormed back upstairs. Snape was quiet and had ignored his toast, which was starting to burn. Ginny stared at the two adults before hurrying after Draco. She came back into his room and found him lying face down on his bed.

"Draco…" Ginny said, shaking his shoulder. "Draco, talk to me. Why is Snape at your house?"

"I said I didn't want to talk about it." Came an angry muffled voice.

"You said you needed someone Draco and I came to you. I am confused as hell, so PLEASE tell me what's going on!" Draco rolled over and stared at the ceiling.

"My father is dead." Draco told the ceiling. Ginny froze.

"But… But I just saw him. And he seemed fine, better than the others and-"

"He's not literally dead." Draco said. "My mother says he is dead to her." Ginny was quiet.

"And that bothers you why? I thought you didn't like your father."

"I don't, but he's still my father. They are still legally married. I don't know why mother wants him anyways."

"Well…" Ginny said, thinking. "I suppose because of all the hurtful things your father has done that its left your mother with mixed feelings. She could still want and love him, yet he could be dead to her in a sense."

"I don't mean my father." Draco snapped. "Snape." Draco propped his hands behind his head. Ginny still didn't understand.

"I'm still confused." Ginny admitted. Draco sat up.

"I caught Snape and my mother last night. They were talking about you and I, and then they talked about my father. And…."

"And…" Ginny asked, cringing at what was coming.

"I don't want to say." Draco said, turning over. Ginny sighed.

"Why not." Ginny asked, crawling across the bed to him.

"I don't." Draco said, sounding like a child on the verge of a tantrum.

"I'm trying to help." Ginny said meekly. Her stomach grumbled with hunger. Draco sat up again and looked at her.

"You really want to know?" Draco asked, his eyes staring into hers.

"Um…"

"Do you?" Draco asked, more fiercely this time. Ginny shrank back and nodded. Draco then grabbed her by her shoulders and pushed her back on his bed. Sheets that had looked black last were actually green, but so dark that they looked black unless in the right light. Ginny's heart was beating fast, her wrists pinned. Draco swooped down on her and kissed her hard on the mouth. Ginny's eyes fluttered open at this action. Draco let go of her wrists and cupped her face with both his hands. He stroked her cheeks with his thumbs before breaking the kiss. Draco lifted his head and stared at Ginny. Ginny stared back, dumbstruck.

Before she knew it, she was on top of Draco, her hair grazing his face as she kissed him back just as fierce, Draco's hands curled around her waist. Ginny's fingers fumbled across the buttons on Draco's shirt. She broke the kiss to concentrate on the shirt. Both were breathing heavily. Draco removed a hand from her waist and wiped back the hair from his brow. The light streaming in from the window shone upon it and that's when Ginny found the scars. There was one across the top of his forehead, and three on his chest. Ginny whispered one word.

"Sectumsempra…"

Ginny traced the darkest of the scars with her fingers before lightly kissing it. Draco reached up hand and ran it through her hair, pulling her face back close to his. Their lips were almost touching when heavy footsteps sounded outside in the hall. Ginny scrambled off Draco and they both stared towards the doorway. The footsteps had stopped. Both knew who it was outside the door. The footsteps started again and faded away. Ginny and Draco both sat breathing heavily.

Ginny was quiet. Draco turned away from her.

"Um…." Ginny said, fiddling with her hair. "Yeah…. You never did tell me what else happened." She quickly tried to change the subject. Her mind was still racing from what had just happened.

"That." Draco said softly.

"That? That what….. Oooooooooh…. OOOOOOOOH…. EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!" Ginny said, scrambling off of the bed, and doing sort of a dance, as if she had just seen a spider.

"You mean that whole thing that just happened between us? All that kissing and feeling and rolling around was what else they did?" Ginny shrieked.

"I don't know." Draco said, buttoning up his shirt.

"Oh… Thank goodness." Ginny said, letting out a deep breath.

"I didn't see any rolling around." Draco said, standing up and walking across the room to his dresser. Ginny's mouth fell open.

"But there was…." Ginny cringed.

"Yes." Draco answered moodily.

"And there was…."

"Yes." Draco answered, this time with more anger in his voice. Ginny shuddered.

"I told you I didn't want to talk about it." Draco pulled out a fresh outfit of his dresser, slammed it shut and stormed off to the bathroom, leaving Ginny speechless.

ooooo

Ginny changed back into her jumper, skirt and stockings. She had started to make Draco's bed when a house elf hurried into the room. The elf yanked the sheets from her and shooed Ginny away. Ginny sighed and left the room. As she wandered down to the main parlor, she passed by the open door of the drawing room she had been in the very day before.

"Miss Weasley." Called a voice after her. Ginny cringed. She turned around and approached the drawing room.

"Yes sir?" Ginny asked Snape. She had the strong urge to call him Professor.

"Come in." Snape said in a cool voice. Ginny took one step into the room.

"Closer…" Snape said. He was sitting in a high backed chair, a book propped open on his lap.

"Yes sir?" Ginny repeated.

"Clever spell you used, conjuring those rings." Snape casually said, flipping through the pages of the book. "It would have been simpler if you hadn't messed it up."

"I didn't mess it up." Ginny said defensively, her eyebrows furrowing.

"That is where you are wrong, Miss Weasley. The spell you used was Omoria Wauldrom. I am no charms teacher, but could you explain what Omoria Wauldrom does?" Snape closed the book and placed folded hands on top of it. Ginny shifted her feet.

"Omoria Wauldrom creates a pair of golden rings, much like those of marriage, engagement, or promise for temporary use." Ginny recieted.

"Wrong!" Snape said loudly, making Ginny jump. "That is the description of Omorien Wauldron." With a wave of his hand the book opened yet again and pages fluttered to a section near the back.

"Omoria Wauldrom, a branch of the spell Omorien Wauldron, creates a pair of golden rings resembling those of marriage, engagement, or promise that's binds itself to the wearers until true love is gained." Snape shut the book again. Ginny stood rooted to the spot.

"In other words, it's a nasty way of conning those who aren't in love with you to fall in love with you. Do you understand your mistake now Miss Weasley?"

"Yes sir." Ginny muttered. Snape's words swam through her head. The rings came off yesterday. The rings are bound to their wearer's until true love is gained. But that had to mean that…

"I love him." Ginny whispered.

"What was that Miss Weasley?" Snape asked calmly, a smirk playing at his pale lips.

"Nothing." Ginny said, backing towards the door. The smirk showed itself in full glory.

"Lets be careful with hasty charms from now on, Miss Weasley." Snape replied, standing up. Ginny gave a brief nod and hurried out of the room and back up to Draco's room.

ooooo

Ginny flung open the door to Draco's room and closed it behind her. She leaned back against the door and slid down to the floor. She covered her face with her hands.

`If the rings came off, it must mean that I love him. If I didn't I wouldn't have kissed him. And if I hadn't kissed him and then the rings would have never come off…' Ginny's mind raced. She had a sudden sinking feeling that the charm wasn't one sided. Which meant… He loved her too.

Ginny groaned. The door behind her gave way and Ginny fell back into the open doorway. Draco stared down at her.

"Hello." Draco said, smiling.

"Hi." Ginny said, extremely flustered. She picked herself up.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked.

"Yes… I think so." Ginny answered dazed.

"Good. Ready to go home?"

"Home?" Ginny asked, smoothing her skirt.

"Yes. Home." Draco repeated.

"Well… Um… I guess." Ginny replied. She still wanted to confront Draco about the rings, but it seemed that her plans changed.

"I'll walk you outside." Draco said and he started to walk away and Ginny solemnly followed.

ooooo

Ginny Apparated back into her room. It was a little after 1pm. She opened her door and walked out, giving a great big yawn. She heard noises of her mother in the kitchen. Footsteps creaked upstairs and Ginny was instantly reminded of Harry, and also of Hermione's words. She turned away from her room and walked up the stairs. A nearby door was open a crack and sniffling was heard inside. She was about to open the door further to see what was going on when she heard voices.

"Shh… Shh… Hush now. Talk to me." Crooned a soft voice.

"It hurts." Came a sad voice.

"What hurts."

"Everything." There was a sigh.

"You guys broke up."

"I didn't want to. I had to. For her safety. And now she's been helping that bastard. People even think they're married."

"You know Ginny well enough. She's a smart girl. You need to understand that maybe she's confused as well. And you also need to understand that it's been over 2 years since it ended."

"It doesn't mean I never stopped having feelings for her." There was silence and Ginny inched closer to the open door. Harry was lying face down on Percy's old bed; Hermione perched on the side of the bed, facing away from the door.

"I think you have, and that's why you feel bad. You're upset because you want something that's been gone for a while. You need to move on. I know it hurts." Hermione reached over and started to rub Harry's back while his cries began to subside.

"I'll let you be." Hermione said, standing up. Ginny scooted back from the door. Harry sat up.

"No. Stay." Harry said, wiping his eyes. Hermione stood in front of Harry and bent down and kissed Harry's forehead and wiped the hair from his eyes. Harry took Hermione's hand gently and pulled down to his level and slowly and nervously kissed her on the lips. Ginny's stomach fell and she turned away.

ooooo

Author's Note- Well, I had a hard time ending this chapter. I have a lot planned for upcoming ones, but I am going to be super busy- so I'll see how much I can get out. Please review!!!


-->