Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: I know Ron lives at the top of the house at the Burrow, but I gave him a room at the top of the stairs for the scene at the end of the last chapter. Here's the next chapter. Hope you like it!

Chapter 23: Desperate Housewitches

"Hold your horses you two!" Mrs. Weasley yelled. Ron and Hermione came back out into the hallway, guilty looks on their faces. They came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"What…. Is this?" Mrs. Weasley said, one hand on her hip, the other one waving a finger at the two.

"What's what mum?" Ron said, staring around at everyone.

"Ron you're a horrible liar." Hermione said, crossing her arms and giving him a look.

"But…." Ron said.

"I stayed the night." Hermione said.

"Ooooooooooooooooh." Fred and George said.

"Hush!" Mrs. Weasley said to them. She turned back to the Ron and Hermione.

"And how long has this been going on?"

"About…. About a week." Ron admitted.

"A WEEK!!! How come I didn't know this?" Mrs. Weasley said.

"We just didn't say anything." Ron said. Mrs. Weasley frowned.

"WELL!!!! I never." She said.

"So…. Are you guys like…. DATING?" Ginny asked them.

"No." Ron said.

"Yes." Said Hermione. Hermione turned and glared at Ron.

"What do you mean `No'?" She asked angrily.

"Well I don't know! I didn't ask you out."

"It was sort of obvious don't you think?" Hermione snapped.

"Now that you mention it…. Yeah." Ron said. Hermione tapped her foot for a moment and pouted.

"Fine. As long as you admit it." She said.

"I'll deal with you two more later." Mrs. Weasley said to her son and his girlfriend. She turned back towards Draco.

"What is Snape doing out of jail?" She asked.

"He served his time. He's still checked on by the Ministry though."

"I can't believe your mom is dating Snape." George said.

"I can't believe Ron is dating Hermione." Fred said.

"Shut up." Ron said.

"Snape is living in your house???" Hermione shrieked, after the shock of finding out his current location wore off. She rounded on Ginny.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't YOU tell ME you were dating my brother!" Ginny said, standing up, planting her palms on the table.

"You're a scumbag I don't think you should have married my sister because you're a good for nothing would be murderer!" Ron decided to shout at Draco. Draco stood up as well.

"I am not a murderer you tomato!!!!" Draco yelled.

"Did you just call me a TOMATO???" Ron yelled back.

"YOU SHUT UP!!!!" Hermione yelled at Draco and Ginny yelled at Ron. The girls rounded on each other again.

"Don't you tell my husband what to do!"

"Don't you tell my boyfriend what to do!"

"You boss him around anyways!"

"CHILDREN!!!!" Mrs. Weasley roared. Everyone stopped yelling.

"Boys to the living room!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! That includes you two!!!!!!" Mrs. Weasley screamed, pointing at Draco and Ron. All the boys stood up and grumbled. Fred and George chuckled and Mr. Weasley hobbled into the living room after them.

ooooo

"Now…. I think we need to have a strict talk." Mrs. Weasley said, sitting down at the head of the table. Ginny and Hermione both had on `pissy faces' and were turned away from each other.

"You are BOTH in trouble." Mrs. Weasley said.

"You can't ground me! I don't live here!" Ginny shrieked.

"YOU did not tell me about your mother in law's boyfriend." Mrs. Weasley accused.

"It's HER business." Ginny said.

"Snape is a murderer." Hermione said.

"I know that." Ginny said.

"Then why didn't you say anything about it?" Hermione snapped

"Because I knew you would freak, that's why. Why didn't you tell me you were dating my brother?"

"Because…… Because…" Hermione sighed. "Because I knew you'd flip out." She admitted. Mrs. Weasley smiled.

"Now, have we calmed down?" Mrs. Weasley asked. The girls nodded.

"Hermione dear, I'll have a talk with you later. You can go upstairs and change." Hermione stood up and left the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley turned to Ginny.

"You should have told me. We still are skeptical about Draco and his family connections at times. Like these for example."

"Everyone is fine mum." Ginny said.

"Well I hope so. Will you do the dishes?" Ginny shrugged, kissed her mother on the cheek and headed to the sink.

ooooo

Out in the living room, Mr. Weasley had propped open the Daily Prophet.

"I don't like you keeping secrets Mr. Malfoy." Mrs. Weasley said, coming out of the kitchen. Draco opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted.

"I understand it's your mother's business, but Ginny is my daughter and I don't like the idea of her living with a criminal."

"That's TWO she's living with." Ron muttered.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" Fred and George began to chant.

"There will be NO fighting!!!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"You take care of my daughter or I will be ex-TREMELY angry!!!" She said, pointing at Draco. He just nodded.

"I'll deal with you and your girlfriend later Ronald." Mrs. Weasley said. Ron went white.

ooooo

Fred and George headed back outside to finish off their fireworks and Mrs. Weasley went off to talk to Ron and Hermione. Draco went into the kitchen and found Ginny at the sink, arms elbow deep in water. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Hi." He whispered.

"That was the worst birthday lunch ever." Ginny said, scrubbing at a plate. "I can't believe Hermione didn't tell me anything."

"Calm down." Draco said, kissing her neck.

"I'm just frustrated." Ginny said, not being affected by his moves.

"At least mum handled herself pretty well. I think all the years of yelling at Ron and the twins has worn her down."

"Mmmhmmm." Draco said, breathing hotly on her neck and running his hands down her hips.

"Are you TRYING to tease me?" Ginny asked, still concentrated on the dishes.

"Yes." Draco said, cupping her bottom with a hand.

"Trying to make me a desperate housewitch? Neglecting chores for sex?" Ginny said, finally cracking a smile.

"Perhaps. You still have one birthday gift left." He said.

"Mum says that's not an appropriate gift." Ginny mocked. Draco softly laughed.

"It's been a while Ginny-bean." Draco purred into her ear.

"Did you just use a pet name with me Draco Malfoy?"

"Yes I did Mrs. Malfoy." He said, nipping at her earlobe. She turned around from the sink and planted a big kiss on his lips.

"If you would get your hands off of me and let me finish the dishes, we can get home faster, okay?" She asked. Draco nodded and pinched her bum before heading back out into the living room.

ooooo

At the Malfoy Manor, Draco wanted to take Ginny upstairs right away but they were stalled by a most un-wanted guest.

"Your mother wants to see you in the parlor." Snape said. Draco looked down at Snape's pants.

"All better I see." Draco said, grinning. Snape just smirked back.

"At least mine has gone down." Snape said evilly. Draco looked down. His eagerness was pressing quite noticeably against his black slacks. Draco fumed red and pulled Ginny in front of him to hide it. Snape merely laughed and headed up to the library. After Snape was out of sight, Draco turned around and tried to adjust himself. Ginny just giggled.

"This better be quick." Draco said, still red in the face. He and Ginny went down the hall into the small parlor near the kitchen. Narcissa was sewing again. There was a small pile of bibs next to her.

"You wanted to see us mother?"

"Yes!!! Come in dears." Narcissa said. They sat down on a couch across from her.

"What… are those…" Draco said, pointing at the bibs.

"Just stocking up." Narcissa said, winking at Ginny, who blushed.

"Whatever. What did you need." Draco asked in a rush.

"Sevvy and I are going on a little trip." She said.

"You had to tell me that now?" Draco said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Of course! We are leaving tomorrow. You and Ginny will have the Manor to yourselves."

"No big deal. What else?"

"The Ministry sent a letter. They're doing a routine check up on the Manor come Monday."

"You won't be back then? Tomorrow is Thursday. How `little' is this trip?" Draco said.

"Hmmm…. A week." Narcissa said. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. I'll be here, don't worry."

"Okay dear." Draco grabbed Ginny's hand and practically dragged her out of the parlor.

ooooo

Author's Note- I really wanted to title a chapter this, so I did. I modeled it after how Mrs. Weasley is so into other people's private lives mostly. I also it would be fun to use the term too. Stay tuned for the next chapter.


-->