Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: I've been busy. Sorry this chapter is short. The next one is going to be better so please stay tuned for that.

Chapter 20: Toxic

"This is it?" Ginny asked, as they came upon a small gray-bricked building with a sign on the front. It was partially behind an alley.

"I guess." He pushed open the door and they were greeted with the thumping of music and dimmed lights. It was quite full of couples and groups sitting around at tables or on couches. Ginny kept close to Draco as they moved in further. Someone sitting at the bar stood up and headed over. Ginny wrinkled her nose as the figure approached.

Blaise Zabini blew out a puff of smoke from his cigar and held out a hand to Draco. Draco gripped it and the two friends shook hands.

"Draco. Long time no see. Alive and well?" Blaise chuckled. He slapped Draco on the shoulder.

"Ginny!" Blaise said, turning to her. She looked down shyly.

"A pleasure I assume. Did you receive the gift from my mother and I?"

"Yes I did. It was lovely, thank you." Ginny said. Blaise nodded and took a drag on his cigar.

"Check out the place, okay?" Blaise said. He nodded again to Draco and headed back to the bar. Draco led Ginny off to the side and they sat down at a table.

"Do you see Harry?" Ginny asked. Draco peered over his shoulder and shook his head. A witch with a large silver stud in her nose came up and took their order. Ginny ordered a fountain drink and Draco ordered a Firewhisky (on the rocks).

"What's this I hear about you moping." Ginny said as she sipped her drink. Draco put his drink down.

"If Snape was YOUR mothers boyfriend, I think you would mope too." He said.

"No, I mean while I'm at work." She said. Draco looked down.

"I miss you. It's quite boring without you at the house."

"You could get a job." Ginny suggested.

"Not now." Draco shook his head. "Do you really think someone is going to want me working with them at the Ministry now?"

"True…" Ginny admitted. "You could take up a hobby. Or hang with your friends more."

"There aren't a lot of them around. Crabbe is stuck running his family estate. Parents in Azkaban. Goyle is in France. Been there hiding. Blaise is only here because his mother needs support at home."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I miss you too." Ginny said. She blushed. Draco leaned across the table and kissed her. There was a loud grunt behind him.

ooooo

Draco turned and saw Ron looming over his shoulder.

"Hello." He said. Hermione peeked around Ron's shoulder and gave Ginny a smiled. Draco cleared his throat.

"Hi guys!" Hermione said. Ron glared at Draco. Hermione sat down next to Ginny at the table, leaving Ron to sit next to Draco. The waitress returned and took Ron and Hermione's order.

"So this is a club?" Ron asked. Hermione launched into an explanation of how Muggles loved to go to such places. Ron rolled his eyes.

"I don't get it." He said. It was Hermione's turn to roll her eyes. Ginny turned to Hermione.

"So what's up with Harry?" She dared to ask. Hermione flipped her curly hair back over her shoulder.

"He came home drunk one night and I got on his case about it. He yelled at me, called me names. The next morning when he was more aware of the words he was speaking, he didn't even apologize. So he just stormed out."

"You didn't kick him out?" Ginny questioned. Hermione shook her head.

"No. He left on his own. He's back there now."

"So where are you living now?" Draco asked.

"A flat. I'd had my eye on it for a while. Ron helped me move in."

"Place is pretty decent. For a flat." Ron shrugged. The music was interrupted and a disc jockey announced that they were going to play the number one song from the hit band The Weird Sisters. Hermione squealed and grabbed Ginny's hands and took her to the dance floor, leaving the boys behind. Ron coughed.

"Soo…" Ron said. Draco downed the rest of his Firewhisky and headed to the bar, leaving Ron behind.

ooooo

At the bar, Draco ordered a larger Firewhisky. Blaise gave him a nod from farther down the counter. The bartender slid Draco his drink. Someone slid onto the stool next to him.

"Back again?" The bartender asked the customer, sounding annoyed. The person next to Draco grunted.

"The usual?" The bartender asked. Another grunt. The bartender proceeded to mix a Butterbeer with vodka and a shot of Firewhisky and slid it towards the tender. Draco peeked next to him and nearly choked. It was Harry.

"Finally ready to talk?" The bartender asked Harry. After taking a long drink, Harry began to speak.

"It's been hard, you know? All the death and the pain. I'm not sure my girlfriend is the one. Life's just complicated." Harry sighed. The bartender slid a steaming concoction towards Harry.

"On the house. Just don't ask what's in it. It will help." Draco stood up and slipped away back to the table.

"There you are!" Hermione said to Draco, when he came back. "Ron and I were going to dance." Ginny took Draco's hand and led him after Hermione and Ron. He pulled her aside and whispered what he had overheard at the bar. Ginny looked over to the bar and saw Harry hunched over.

"Should we tell Hermione?" She asked.

"Not now." Draco said. They headed to a space on the dance floor.

ooooo

The music changed to a loud and heart pounding song. Several of the couples were becoming closer, touching each other, staring at each other. They seemed to become lost in the music. It was infectious. As they danced, the space between Ginny and Draco became almost nothing. The club was hot and it only got hotter as the song continued. The dancing was almost toxic. Draco grabbed Ginny's waist and pulled him as close as he could. Grinding hips and hot breathing aroused them both.

"I need you." Draco whispered to close to her ear. Ginny gripped Draco's hips and kissed his neck. He groaned and held her close.

Next thing he knew they were back at the manor. It was quiet and dark. They had their arms wrapped around each other. Draco pushed Ginny up against the wall, kissing her long and hard. An umbrella holder fell over, crashing to the ground in their lustful struggle. Draco had no idea what didn't keep him from taking Ginny right there on the stairs. They managed to make it to his room, magically locking and silencing the room. One more whispered spell sealed their night together.

ooooo

Draco woke up late morning all the way at the opposite end of his bed, nearly falling off. Ginny was snuggled up near the headboard, her red hair splayed everywhere. He sat up and made his way over to her. Her bare back was peeking out from the covers. He reached out a hand and ran it down her back. She stirred and turned towards him. He smiled and she smiled back.

"How are you feeling?" He dared to ask. After last nights several romps, he himself was beginning to feel the aftermath of his sexual drive.

"Still dizzy. And sore." She mumbled. He kissed her freckled shoulder.

"I'll send for breakfast in bed." He said. He picked his boxers off of the floor and headed to his closet.

ooooo

Author's Note- Like I said at the beginning, sorry this is short. The next one is going to be SUPER. Keep yourself posted.


-->